PDA

View Full Version : Every (3rd round) loss of Venus means the same round loss for Serena

Beny
May 29th, 2009, 01:52 PM
:devil:

Sanchez def. Serena 64,64

prediciton

MrSerenaWilliams
May 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Actually, Serena didn't play thr FO in 2005, and in 2007, Serena reached the QF. The superstition goes: if Serena loses first, Venus will probably lose in that same round.

Beny
May 29th, 2009, 02:09 PM
In 2008, both at AO and FO Serena played first?

Can't remember

only know they played on the same day

DownTheLine21
May 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I don't think Serena will lose, but don't forget that MJMS was troubling Safina in Rome a few weeks ago.

In The Zone
May 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
:lol: Exactly. Think about it.

2009 OZ, Venus lost first. Serena wins.
2008 US, Venus lost first. Serena wins.
2008 W, Venus wins it.
2008 RG, Serena loses first, Venus loses right after: same round.
2008 OZ, Serena loses first, Venus loses right after the next day: same round.
2007 USO, Serena first, then Venus.

So Venus lost first .... Serena wins RG?

volta
May 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM
well if this isn't being desperate i don't know what it is .

haters will keep on dreaming , it might happen it might not happen just wait and see

vadin124
May 29th, 2009, 02:14 PM
there is as much chance, if not more, of the queen of england joining the tour and winning the US Open than there is of Martinez Sanchez winning Wimbledon...

Martinez Sanchez' game is a carbon copy of Ruano Pascual's, without the great net skills...

therefore, Serena Williams WILL NOT lose in R3 this year

DownTheLine21
May 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
there is as much chance, if not more, of the queen of england joining the tour and winning the US Open than there is of Martinez Sanchez winning Wimbledon...

Martinez Sanchez' game is a carbon copy of Ruano Pascual's, without the great net skills...

therefore, Serena Williams WILL NOT lose in R3 this year

Did you watch her play in Rome a few weeks ago? I'm not saying she's going to win, but she's certainly playing better than Ruano Pascual.

Dodoboy.
May 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Please win Serena!

tennnisfannn
May 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Serena has to lose first for that to happen. i think Venus gets discouraged by serena's losses, serena on the other hand gets inspired by venus' loss. Come on Rena, win the day.

SAEKeithSerena
go serena! :)

gmokb
I am sure the haters would love to see this happen.

tennisIlove09
May 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
i dont want Serena to win. I think she has a clear lack of respect for the tour events and only shows up with serious play at the Slams. She's openly admitted to tanking matches, outside majors. Just for that reason, I hope she goes down. Not in the third rd, any will do.

Uranus
May 29th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Well, with MJMS playing like she did in Rome, she'd win. But it doesn't seem to be the case this week :shrug:.

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2009, 02:34 PM

:haha: :weirdo:

MJMS is a ten time better player than VRP. Unfortunately, her forehand is not a weapon.

P.S.
"the great net skills" of VRP deserves a special :lol:

2Black
May 29th, 2009, 02:37 PM
i dont want Serena to win. I think she has a clear lack of respect for the tour events and only shows up with serious play at the Slams. She's openly admitted to tanking matches, outside majors. Just for that reason, I hope she goes down. Not in the third rd, any will do.

Well, you & your fave are worlds apart on those thoughts!!!

Diesel
May 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Vwnus lost the first set today 6-0. That hurt your feelings :)

Beny
May 29th, 2009, 03:43 PM
If M.Sanchez can force Safina into 3 sets on clay, then she sure can beat Serena on this surface.

I'd like to see this upset happen :)

Destiny
May 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM
:yawn: shhhh your mouth

Olórin
May 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM

Shut up, you desperate idiot.

Back to (apparently) topical discussion: since 2007 the only slams where Venus has lost before Serena have been the FO 07 and A0 09 (excepting the USO where they obviously played each other); you literally can't predict anything from that.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM

:haha:

STFU :weirdo:

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
If M.Sanchez can force Safina into 3 sets on clay, then she sure can beat Serena on this surface.

I'd like to see this upset happen :)

Venus and Jie pushed Safina to three sets in Rome and they are out of the tournament.

Hopefully tomorrow Serena sends MJMS out too.

tennisIlove09
May 29th, 2009, 04:02 PM
:haha: i love getting a rise out of people on this forum.

but SERIOUSLY, Serena did say against Dementieva that she 'gave her some of those matches' ... no offence, but that's insane. If she only plays for the majors, then that's what her schedule should be each year. The majors. Otherwise, STFU and try your best every time you get your ass on the court.

TennisViewer531
May 29th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Serena will won.. hopefully. :)

Tennisstar86
May 29th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Every 3rd round loss = Wimbledon Title....

Olórin
May 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM
:haha: i love getting a rise out of people on this forum.

but SERIOUSLY, Serena did say against Dementieva that she 'gave her some of those matches' ... no offence, but that's insane. If she only plays for the majors, then that's what her schedule should be each year. The majors. Otherwise, STFU and try your best every time you get your ass on the court.

You love being called out on your bitter idiocy? Oh dear. :scratch:

Let's at what you are trying to pull out of your talkative-arse with your perverse logic. Serena thinks she gives most matches that she loses, I expect she thinks that she gave Katarina Srebotnik the win last year year. You infer from that, that she only plays for the majors, and then proceed to attack her for it?

Who are you to judge what is the best Serena is capable of or not? And some of her worst and most timid career losses have come at majors, likewise some of hardest faught wins have come at non-slams (Miami 07, Charleston and Miami 08 were full of three setters, Toronto 01 against Seles, Scottsdale 2002, Indian Wells 1999, China 2004...the list goes on). You really need to think before you post in the future.

Noctis
May 29th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Serena Def MSJM 64 64

tennisIlove09
May 29th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Oh okay. Thanks. I will think about my future posting :)

tennisIlove09
May 29th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Serena Def MSJM 64 64
Honestly, I dont think it will even be that close. Serena 61 62

starin
May 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM
the trend is the other way around.
Serena loses first and then Venus loses.
AO '08, RG '08, Olympics '08

Koon
May 29th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I think Serena will win , but very close :)
Although MJMS is not easy to beat on clay