PDA

View Full Version : RG Interviews: I can understand Rezai and Bartoli's French but not Coin or Pin

selesfan1
May 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I prefer to use the French version of the RG website as it gives me great practice. In watching the french player's interviews I can understand everything Rezai and Bartoli say in their interview. It was absolutely hilarious when they asked bartoli if she felt more pressure at RG than anywhere else and she said yes 1. because I'm French, 2. because I'm in France and continued listing all the reasons why she felt pressure. However, in watching Coin's and Pin interview I barely caught a word. Is there something specific that I am missing that is making me understand Pin and Rezai more? Rezai speaks like 25% slower but Bartoli speaks pretty fast. Do Pin and Coin speak fast french. I also always had an easy time understanding Justine's french.

chuvack
May 29th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Just as in all languages some people speak more clearly than in others. Ability to understand a foreign language is strongly dependent on clarity of speech of the person you are trying to understand.