May 29th, 2009, 12:02 PM
:woohoo: :D :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
well done Aravane :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Marcelo.
May 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Don't you know her name? :rolleyes: :weirdo: :weirdo:

:inlove:
May 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Can´t believe it took 2 minutes for someone to start the thread!

Aravane. :devil::infuckinglove:

Nikkiri
May 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Aravane :worship:

In The Zone
Aravane! Thank you for keeping your head on and thank you for putting that brat in her place. What an embarrassment to tennis. She has talent and you can tell there is a game there, but Michelle, boy do you have a lot of growing up to do. Brat, loud grunting, attitude -- taking lessons from the Poutchek playbook is not the way to go.

That first set was great tennis, though! Great tennis, both players pissed off, it was incredible.

InsideOut.
Didn't manage to serve out the breadstick :tears: But well done Caravane :D

MLDB :weirdo:

Russianboy
get away bagelito, hurry.

aravane :D

DownTheLine21
LOL. Dramatic match. MLDB was certainly irritating, and Rezai was justified with her complaints. However, I couldn't help but love Michelle's bitchy wave to the crowd, amidst their boos.

ETA: The umpire was useless.

Balltossovic
May 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Justice:angel:

Marcelo.
Congrats Aravane :D
Beat Safina now :inlove: :sobbing:

Crowd was surprisingly nice during the match :unsure:

young_gunner913
Great job Aravane!!! :hearts::bowdown:

Bitchiest match of the year! :lol:

Derek.
May 29th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Michelle. :hug:
Awesome tournament from qualifying to the 3R at 16. :worship:

Sharpie4me
Caravane :yeah:

Rui.
Congrats Aravane :)

Though Michelle was right in one thing, Aravane would only complain when she was losing points.

Libertango
I'm gonna have to work Rezai into my sig; love her game, her attitude and her pretty face.

MLDB is one talented bitch. :devil:

Mynarco
Caravane :eek:
Now take out Dina next round :eek:

Kipling
Aravane! :inlove:

Impressive fight, and impressive game. Anyone calling her a "ballbasher" is just ignorant. Yes, she hits hard, but she also hits some wonderful angles and constructs points well. That's no ballbasher.

MLdB: big groundstrokes, bad serve and the most obnoxious, bratty attitude I've ever seen on a tennis court, and that includes watching Mac. Aravane was very generous to shake her hand.

Now Aravane, rest up so you can take it to Dinara! I know you can do it!

:hearts:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Thank you Aravane :worship: Way to shup up that spoiled, annoying brat :worship:

Shvedbarilescu
Thank you Aravane. Thank you so much. :yeah:

mckyle.
This match did not disappoint! Knew it would be good :inlove: What women's tennis needs is a three-set match that has the same quality as that first set. Incredible, that first set!!

volta
This years Roland Garros has been AWESOME :lol:

Rezai :hug: :woohoo:

Michelle just needs to stop the brat antics and screaming thats all :hug:

darkangel23
Beat Safina now!!!

Michelle :hug:
Screaming come on after every point is very exagerated, but I like your "I never give up" attitude... I kinda got used to the grunt though, but I don't like it...

Derek.
May 29th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Though Michelle was right in one thing, Aravane would only complain when she was losing points.

Exactly. :lol:

améliemomo
aravane in fourth round once again!:bigclap::bigclap::clap2:

as for de brito she better has to change her attitude or she'll be the most hated player of the tour EVER
I never really watch a full match of her since the start to the last point but God I undestand why people are so harsh with her.
Awful and disgusting attitude, she got booed by the crowd and she deserved it:(:(:(

Michael!
Larcher is pretty talented, first time I saw her on TV, and was pretty good tennis from time to time..
But her behaviour on court is annoying, too loud, pretty arrogant sometimes, reminds me of Sharapova, hope she will change her attitude a bit in the future!

Ferg
Was it true Michelle was screaming so long it lasted until Arvane was hitting? :lol:

John.
May 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM

Michelle :o:weirdo:

-jenks-
Can't wait to see MLDB play top players! :hearts:

mckyle.
Was it true Michelle was screaming so long it lasted until Arvane was hitting? :lol:

I think it was echoing :sobbing:

Monica_Rules
May 29th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Thank the lord

-jenks-
anyone know why the crowd took so long to get behind Rezai?

AnnaK_4ever
Good job, Aravane!

I'm glad you got rid of that annoying de Cheater :yeah:

TS
Aravane :D

Damn I really wish I could've seen this match with all the usual women's tennis drama we've come to know and love :drool:

I think de Brito is an odds on favourite for a Wimbledon WC though :scared:

Russianboy

it was kinda empty at the beginning.

Martian Martin
Well done Aravane :) Anyone who beats De Brito gets my vote.

Shvedbarilescu
May 29th, 2009, 12:10 PM
This years Roland Garros has been AWESOME :lol:

Rezai :hug: :woohoo:

Michelle just needs to stop the brat antics and screaming thats all :hug:

I agree. I don't think I will ever like her, but if she can cut out all that brattishness and stop screaching I will have no problem stopping taking such a dislike to her.

NeeemZ
May 29th, 2009, 12:11 PM
It hurts to actually say it but MDLB does not have a bad game, apart from the serve. She was retrieving alot of the balls and she wasn't afraid of going for the lines which paid off alot of the time. It's just sad that her attitude will end up being the reason why I will not be a supporter of her.

Harju.
May 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Incredible match. Especially the first set. The drama and the quality were excellent.

Most entertaining match by far this year.

FrenchY52
May 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Larcher DB is horrible, she doesn't understand that she's not a junior anymore, that there are many more people following and that if she doesn't change she might have big problems with the other players and overall the fans. She's so immature, even for a 16 y.o girl.
She was very lucky that she played so early and against Aravane, 'cause the booing could have been way worse.

Aravane is impressive, last times i saw her she couldn't put the ball in the court and now she's back to her form. I love watching her playing when she plays this way, give your best against Dinara :hearts:

Very entertaining match anyway :)

Rui.
May 29th, 2009, 12:13 PM
It hurts to actually say it but MDLB does not have a bad game, apart from the serve. She was retrieving alot of the balls and she wasn't afraid of going for the lines which paid off alot of the time. It's just sad that her attitude will end up being the reason why I will not be a supporter of her.

The "i'll never quit" one? :confused:

colt13
May 29th, 2009, 12:15 PM

I don't know if it is still the case, but Aravane's father and the French Tennis Federation havent been on the best of terms.

Dodoboy.
Michelle is going to have a huge fanbase here!

Well done for putting in a good week and good luck at Wimbledon :D

#1SteffiGraf#1
here's handshake

http://www.dailymotion.com/SteffiGrafWIMBY/video/15837817

homogenius
Michelle was really lucky to play early with not a big crowd, ,otherwise they would have kill her.

Aravane was overpowered at times but she played smartly in the 2nd, hit less hard but with more accuracy and dealt well with wind.Too bad she has to face Dinara next.

Michelle has some game and is a fighter but the whole attitude is hysterical : can't believe the umpire didn't give a warning.Michelle's antics are pathetics imo : a mix of Maria x1000 for the shrieks (and it's so FAKE)and Marat x1000 for the anger gestures after each error or winner from her opponent etc...

Aravane was really classy after the match (personnally I'd have been less nice).

Koon
May 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Congrats Avarane :drive: :woohoo: :inlove:
Anyway, poor Michelle :hug: :sad:

BartoliBabes
May 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM
LDB please go away and grow up! her attitude makes me sick, her behaviour on court i.e. grunting, shouting 'CMON!' after Rezai's mistakes, and generally acting like a spoilt little bitch is unacceptable. You can't deny she has a good game but she has a lot of work to do to her attitude and behaviour!!

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I think it was echoing :sobbing:
No, thats how she always grunts. :tape:

Larcher DB is horrible, she doesn't understand that she's not a junior anymore, that there are many more people following and that if she doesn't change she might have big problems with the other players and overall the fans. She's so immature, even for a 16 y.o girl.
She was very lucky that she played so early and against Aravane, 'cause the booing could have been way worse.

Aravane is impressive, last times i saw her she couldn't put the ball in the court and now she's back to her form. I love watching her playing when she plays this way, give your best against Dinara :hearts:

Very entertaining match anyway :)
Agreed. It was pretty hilarious that for once Caravane wasnt the brainless ball basher on court. I love her :hysteric: :bowdown: The umpire was useless. The french crowd are so annoying though, the ONE time that booing a player is justified, they dont. :weirdo:

lilimi

they don't know her. and she got more and more louder.
how MLDB name should be pronounced? i've just heard a commentator say meekaylay lartcher de brito:tape::tape::tape::tape::tape::tape:
i thought she had french background.

hablo
Bravo Caravane for your victory over SharpieThe3rd (Azarenka being SharpieThe2nd). :drool:

Nalla
Hope Michelle attitude will change.. She's so cute, and has very nice game.
Aravane , good job!!:worship:

Marcelo.
May 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM
LDB please go away and grow up! her attitude makes me sick, her behaviour on court i.e. grunting, shouting 'CMON!' after Rezai's mistakes, and generally acting like a spoilt little bitch is unacceptable. You can't deny she has a good game but she has a lot of work to do to her attitude and behaviour!!

Aravane also screamed allez after her DF :rolleyes:

MatchpointPRT
May 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Congrats Michelle, really good game, if it wasn´t that bad serve... great shots, great attitude, really nice to watch and sorry but her grunt isn´t so annoying as people say. I heard other players doing more noise than that. Aravane won, but the best shots came from Michelle,and Aravane knew she would have chances on Michelle´s serve... just that her advantage. I also don´t think it was fair to complain just when she was losing... clearly trying to distract Michelle.

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
French commentators just said that they're recieving a lot of sms from people complaining about the retarted shrieks.They added that 2 studies showed Maria's shriek averages 101,2 db (like a pneumatic drill), so the big question is : are Michelle's shrieks louder or not ?

Marcelo.
May 29th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Aravane's Forehand is :drool: :inlove:

Upset Dinara now :inlove: :hearts:

lilimi
May 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM
French commentators just said that they're recieving a lot of sms from people complaining about the retarted shrieks.They added that 2 studies showed Maria's shriek averages 101,2 db (like a pneumatic drill), so the big question is : are Michelle's shrieks louder or not ?

you're watching france TV?
have you understood what tati said about ana and dina?

Iceland
May 29th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Oh dear Aravane :hearts:, I'm so proud of you!!!!!

The match was just great. The tense atmosphere, the quality (players were ranked out of top 50!) , everything was entertaining! Aravane showed some smart tennis to go with the win, accepted the rallies and managed to find the right zones at the right time. There's so much improvement in her game! She may not slice or dropshot but she is no more the ballbasher she used to be. Her serve was pretty good as well which made the difference in the first set and to finish, she has this big and generous heart :D .

As regards Michelle, unbearable behaviour but a real talent. She has to learn few things if she wants to stay on the tour.

Maria Croft
May 29th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Her attitude is unbelievable, she thinks she is the Queen of the court, should change her name to Bitcho :o

Entertaining match though :yeah:

lilimi
May 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Aravane's Forehand is :drool: :inlove:

Upset Dinara now :inlove: :hearts:

first dinara has to win her match :unsure:
then, it wouldn't be an upset, considering aravane's current level of play.

Renalicious
What happened? someone tell me :sobbing:

Russianboy
Aravane also screamed allez after her DF :rolleyes:

she deserved it, sorry.

deepsand
May 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM
anyone gonna put highlights on youtube?!
:):):):):)
DRAMA!

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM
you're watching france TV?
have you understood what tati said about ana and dina?

She said that Ana is finding her game, played better than her precedent match and that she wanted to imitate Dinara (she was talking about the scores probably).

Marcelo.
May 29th, 2009, 12:26 PM
she deserved it, sorry.

I know :tears: :crying2:

RenaSlam.
May 29th, 2009, 12:26 PM
There's that "great fight and will" everyone was talking about in regards to MLDB...a 6-2 second set :tape: :help:

Adrian.
May 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Congrats Michelle, really good game, if it wasn´t that bad serve... great shots, great attitude, really nice to watch and sorry but her grunt isn´t so annoying as people say. I heard other players doing more noise than that. Aravane won, but the best shots came from Michelle,and Aravane knew she would have chances on Michelle´s serve... just that her advantage. I also don´t think it was fair to complain just when she was losing... clearly trying to distract Michelle.

:spit::weirdo:

Inger67
May 29th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I just hope Michelle's attitude will get better. It's a shame all her talent won't be looked at because of her piss porr attitude. And she is making it harder on herself at this point in her career. She is only 16, on the rise, and she doesn't need adversity this soon already in her career. It's ludicrous.

lilimi
She said that Ana is finding her game, played better than her precedent match and that she wanted to imitate Dinara (she was talking about the scores probably).

thanks! luyat :o disturbed me with his mikélé lartchère

Russianboy
i kinda feel sorry for her fans. i dont think they are as bad as her lol

i guess they dont know where to start commenting all these posts :lol:

lilimi
Her attitude is unbelievable, she thinks she is the Queen of the court, should change her name to Bitcho :o

Entertaining match though :yeah:

sure, i've never seen sharapova act like that:lol:
does nick learn his students how to be bitchy and how to shriek?

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
^^ it was closer than what the score shows.Aravane lead *2-0, then Michelle broke back and saved many bp during the set (Aravane saved some too).And De Shrieko saved some MP with brilliant returns and shots.

But Aravane was the smarter player out there and she dominated (even if Michelle had more power in her shots).

MatchpointPRT
May 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Don´t talk about Michelle bad attitude. People are trying to find motives to hate her, and forget that their favourites do the same thing. Aravane had a worse attitude, why she was returning the ball with all her power to Michelle´s side in each 1st serve missed or double fault? That wasn´t nice... trying to hit Michelle maybe...

lilimi
May 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM
i was watching on eurosport and after one break (during the ads) they said aravane complained to the empire. he told mldb to reduce the volume, and she replied : i've played 4 matches, no one complained. sharapova always shrieks, if i were sharapova, would you ask her to shut up?

:lol::lol::lol:

mckyle.
May 29th, 2009, 12:33 PM
There's that "great fight and will" everyone was talking about in regards to MLDB...a 6-2 second set :tape: :help:

Well, she was down 5-1 40-15, so there was somewhat of a comeback.

Don't comment on matches when you don't know the details :shrug:

Renalicious
May 29th, 2009, 12:34 PM
What happened please :sobbing:

Kipling
May 29th, 2009, 12:35 PM
i was watching on eurosport and after one break (during the ads) they said aravane complained to the empire. he told mldb to reduce the volume, and she replied : i've played 4 matches, no one complained. sharapova always shrieks, if i were sharapova, would you ask her to shut up?

I hope she also mentioned the three majors she's won, like Sharapova.

Oops...

Russianboy
May 29th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Don´t talk about Michelle bad attitude. People are trying to find motives to hate her, and forget that their favourites do the same thing. Aravane had a worse attitude, why she was returning the ball with all her power to Michelle´s side in each 1st serve missed or double fault? That wasn´t nice... trying to hit Michelle maybe...

why should people find anythign to hate against someone who isnt even a topplayer, or who even loses every week in qualifying rounds?

there is just no point in doing that.

pesto
May 29th, 2009, 12:36 PM
British Eurosport: "Miss Screamer will be in the studio in approximately 40 minutes"

Temperenka
:yeah: Keep going, Aravane!

DownTheLine21

Her argument didn't make sense to me. It doesn't matter if no one complained in her previous matches. It was bothering Rezai in this one.

homogenius
There's something of a young Hingis in her attitude (not talking about shrieks and antics) : the girl thinks she's all that etc...Problem is : Hingis had the game and results to think that, while Michelle doesn't.

Rui.

Oops...

so if you win 3 slams you can shriek whatever you want but if you didn't you can't?

Oops...

Beat
May 29th, 2009, 12:38 PM
thank god for that, rezai :yeah:
michelle l de brito is really everything people said about her ... :tape:

Derek.
May 29th, 2009, 12:38 PM
why should people find anythign to hate against someone who isnt even a topplayer, or who even loses every week in qualifying rounds?

there is just no point in doing that.

Because she's 16 and already this good.
It's natural for people to feal threatened. ;)

Derek.
May 29th, 2009, 12:39 PM

Plenty of those games went to deuce or 30 all making them pretty competitive.

Not like Rezai won all six games to love or something. :rolleyes:

Noctis

Oh Please,Shes lucky people who want to hit her the most is not there,I grabbed a pepper spray if I was there and spray through her throat.For that. Bad attitude and Shrieks

Russianboy
so if you win 3 slams you can shriek whatever you want but if you didn't you can't?

Oops...

exactly.

améliemomo

yes but the fact is: she is NOT sharapova. Very far in fact,the russian player has more class definitly.
Aravane was right to annoy de brito the same way she annoys her, she's human and that disgusting behaviour shouldnt be accepted on court.

Marcelo.
May 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Oops...

:weirdo:
Following your idea, Serena Williams can slap her opponent on court :rolleyes::confused:

Marionated
May 29th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Well done Aravane. MLDB has a good game- the serve. She needs to mature a bit though. The handshake was so cold :tape:

LCS
May 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Yeap the day all haters have been waiting for :worship: Guns blazing!

Michelle :worship:

Bart
May 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Well done Aravane :yeah:

Miss Scream finally out.

DownTheLine21
May 29th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Serena and Sharapova are irrelevant to this situation. No one was complaining about them. Larcher de Brito tried to use Sharapova as an excuse, but no one was complaining about Maria (and when was the last time that someone did, anyway?).

ElusiveChanteuse
May 29th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Rezai :devil: :worship: Way to go to shut that shrieker up with a straight sets win.:bounce:
MLDB :p

lilimi
May 29th, 2009, 12:50 PM
yes but the fact is: she is NOT sharapova. Very far in fact,the russian player has more class definitly.
Aravane was right to annoy de brito the same way she annoys her, she's human and that disgusting behaviour shouldnt be accepted on court.

sharapova was the same in her early years on tour. i remember there were similar reactions to her concerning her grunts. fortunately for her, she won wimbledon at a young age and then gained more respect. i hope Michelle will have as much success as Maria and will change her attitude. i think she already have a great game, she plays like sharapova but with a better technique and she already varies angles in her shots.

@outofclass, continue to be as intelligent as you are :hearts:

lilimi
May 29th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Serena and Sharapova are irrelevant to this situation. No one was complaining about them. Larcher de Brito tried to use Sharapova as an excuse, but no one was complaining about Maria (and when was the last time that someone did, anyway?).

aravane said she did:lol:
this match was pure drama :lol:
and people say WTA is dead... NO WAY!

Kipling
May 29th, 2009, 12:59 PM
It isn't the grunting. It's the orgasms that IMDB has when her opponents make an error. It's the tantrums. THe sticking out the tongue. The total immaturity. Sharapova was a model of class and sophistication on the court. The Taco is a very pale imitation, by comparison.

Mr.Kardashian
May 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM
It isn't the grunting. It's the orgasms that IMDB has when her opponents make an error. It's the tantrums. THe sticking out the tongue. The total immaturity. Sharapova was a model of class and sophistication on the court. The Taco is a very pale imitation, by comparison.

as much as i dont like sharapova's screaming you are absolutely right :worship:

Maria Croft
May 29th, 2009, 01:03 PM

Sharapova's grunts are loud, no doubt about that, but so are a lot of other players as well. de Brito's are so over the top and fake it's not even funny anymore, no wonder Rezai complained.

Joana
May 29th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Oops...

Sharapova didn't scream until she had won 3 majors? That's interesting.

Screaming should have been dealt with a long time ago. It's probably too late now.
I really wish I could have seen this match.

_No20_
May 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Well, a 22 year old needed to complain when she was losing points and use the crowd against a 16 yearl old!! The difference of quality is just overwhelming...

Joana
May 29th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Sharapova's grunts are loud, no doubt about that, but so are a lot of other players as well. de Brito's are so over the top and fake it's not even funny anymore, no wonder Rezai complained.

Back in 2003 a lot of people said that Maria's grunts were so over the top and fake it's not funny anymore, no wonder Dechy complained. Now, 6 years and lots of titles later, her grunts are "normal".
The same will happen with MLDB, if she's as successful.

Nicolas
May 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Good job, Rezaï took out the trash :worship: Thnk you very much

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Back in 2003 a lot of people said that Maria's grunts were so over the top and fake it's not funny anymore, no wonder Dechy complained. Now, 6 years and lots of titles later, her grunts are "normal".

I agree mostly but in the case of Michelle it's clearly part of some strategy (sometimes she doesn't grunt at all, or she grunts way after the ball is hitted, or she makes it for like 10 whole sec etc...).Plus, there's a big difference in general attitude : Maria was/is arrogant in a way, but she never acted like Michelle does.The tantrums, balls thrown in stands, broken rackets etc... are really annoying imo (more than the shrieks).

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM

You didn't see the match, yet you do comment on what was going on on the court and compare MLDB to Sharapova :confused:

Maria Croft
May 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM

Well, Maria's grunt were louder back then, and with the arrival of Maria more and more girls have started to grunt, each generation seems to be getting louder.

Maria still get's complains about her grunting, even these days, but it was never and will never be as bad and horrible as de Brito, at least IMO.

dany.p
May 29th, 2009, 01:19 PM

This is irrelevant.

Name me the best fighters on tour and i will point out to you matches where they have lost 6-2 sets.

dany.p
May 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I like both players, so i'm very glad to see Aravene get through. it's so annoying when you see talented players not living up to there potential (hear that lucie), maybe Rezai is finally delivering.

Although i have to say, i think people are being are bit harsh on michelle. She is only 16, still very young. She still has a lot of time to mature and get her attitude right. i have no idea about the grunting cause i didnt see the match, but i doubt she is gonna change it. So many players have gotten complaints about there grunts, but rarely do they quiet down.

*Jean*
May 29th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I'm really glad Aravane won it, Michelle is just too much. She doesn't need to be a bitch, she plays well, what's the point of talking badly to everyone, yell like this and not even bothering shakind the hand of her opponent ?
Wake up Michelle, you're not a star.

Dawson.
May 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Michelle was just on eurosport, interviewed by the god awful Annabel Croft. She seems really nice, she gave credit to Rezai for winning the match and said that she has grunted from a young age (I believe they actually encourage it) and cannot stop now as it's part of her game.

WIMBLY2004
May 29th, 2009, 01:58 PM
:rolleyes: at the posts comparing MLDB to Maria, grunting is the only part that they are comparable, just read the posts here, people are complaining more about her on court attitude!

Maria is so composed on the court, you can hardly see her lose her temper on court.

hablo
May 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I agree mostly but in the case of Michelle it's clearly part of some strategy (sometimes she doesn't grunt at all, or she grunts way after the ball is hitted, or she makes it for like 10 whole sec etc...).Plus, there's a big difference in general attitude : Maria was/is arrogant in a way, but she never acted like Michelle does.The tantrums, balls thrown in stands, broken rackets etc... are really annoying imo (more than the shrieks).

You can say the same for Sharpie: sometimes she doesn't grunt at all during points ... I think it's a strategy for her too. :shrug:

And at times Sharpie's grunts can be ridiculous! But like you say, her attitude in general is still way better than Michelle L de Brito (though Sharpie has cheated in the past!).

drake3781
May 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I am so happy about this outcome - total fight - not just for every point, but for every shot - from Aravane - beautiful job. I stayed up all night and this made it worth it!!!

I had never seen MLDB before now...... hope she gets it together before I see her again. :rolleyes:

PersephoneDisco
May 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
if Michelle said that they encourage the grunting, then she would also grunt on the practise courts,apparently she's silent when practising :shrug:

Congrats Aravane, iranians ftw!

dicanio_michael
May 29th, 2009, 02:15 PM
already a very good result of michelle

CooCooCachoo
May 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Aravane :hearts: :banana:

Sounds like I missed something in terms of drama. Hope videos become available :lol:

Uranus
May 29th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I wish I could've seen this :shrug:.

Kovalchuk
May 29th, 2009, 02:36 PM
what did Lacher de brito smoke? getting high through all match is not easy

Lacrish
May 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Good job :yeah:
Thank you, Avarane

alwayshingis
May 29th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Is it bad that this totally made me a Michelle fan?

I hope she never changes. :lol: Remember, Nicole had a so-called "bad attitude" when she first started, then her handlers squashed it out of her along with her personality and ability to play tennis.

Dexter
May 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Well done Aravane! :worship: Love ya for putting this brat finally out of RG. :worship:
I wish I could watch this match, someone please upload it pronto.

Endru.
May 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM
buritto outta here :woohoo:

tea
May 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Great tournament, Michelle!:worship:

Getting so much haters after a couple of matches is the accomplishment no one ever had at the age of 16.:D Our dear analysts over this board know everything about what the behaviour a tennis player should have, but I really doubt many of them were that successful at this age.

Haters, sooner or later be ready to get used to hear her tennis more and more often.:hearts::lol:

dany.p
May 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Is Michelle the first portugese player to make the third round of a grandslam? If so this is very impressve for a 16 year old. I know the grunting issue is what everyone is talking about (understandably), but this has been a really good tournament for her.

Temperenka
May 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I really enjoy her on mute. Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but it's absurd. I understand it is something she cannot change though, so hopefully I just get used to it. Good luck at Wimbledon. No quallies right?

jrm
May 29th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Was that the same De Brito???

I remember watching her in that exhibition event prior to AO and i was rhinking ... this is the future of female tennis??? The serve was a mess and her shots were all but impressive! Completely different picture today!!!

I just wish she hadn't inherited Bolleteri's way (screamimg, fisting, c'mons etc)

jrm
May 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Not like Rezai was totally innocent and i can see why she isn't more popular in France!

Once the first set was won it was clear that Amy Winehouse look-a-like would win :D

suzie
May 29th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Is Michelle the first portugese player to make the third round of a grandslam? If so this is very impressve for a 16 year old. I know the grunting issue is what everyone is talking about (understandably), but this has been a really good tournament for her.
Yes, she's the 1st portuguese (male or female) player to go this far in a GS, and it's surely impressive that she achieved so at 16! :worship:

I overall agree with the grunting complains but I can't help to think that her attitude is quite amazing for such a young girl. As for the French crowd, nothing new really. Would like to know if Aravane would complain like she did if she was playing Sharapova or Vika. :devil:

ptitnavet
May 29th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Aravane against Safina, i hope she'll beat her.
Michelle has such a pure game, I really like her game she has the best technique i have ever seen :)
And excuse me but I don't think her grunts are louder than Sharapova's ... And if you watch her match against Kuznetsova you see her grunts are less louder.
Good run here Michelle but I hope experience will change her attitude, and I hope that when she'll be more mature she'll be more calm and fair play but she is only 16. Let her time to grow up ...

Temperenka
May 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Watching the match now, it's 5-4 to Michelle in the first set. She just got spunky when the chair approached her. I like her feistiness and her game, she definitely is getting a new fan in me surprisingly.

Shvedbarilescu
May 29th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Great tournament, Michelle!:worship:

Getting so much haters after a couple of matches is the accomplishment no one ever had at the age of 16.:D Our dear analysts over this board know everything about what the behaviour a tennis player should have, but I really doubt many of them were that successful at this age.

Haters, sooner or later be ready to get used to hear her tennis more and more often. :hearts::lol:

I know. It's painful to think of. :bigcry:

Daszmarelli
May 29th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Any video?

handan
May 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Michelle-such a talented girl. :kiss::kiss:

gumoll
May 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM
here's handshake

http://www.dailymotion.com/SteffiGrafWIMBY/video/15837817
if I were Michelle I would have show the crowd my middle finger :)

:worship: never in doubt, most annoying crowd in the whole world (but well, what could you expect from french people :rolleyes: ):worship:

Effy
May 29th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Rezai allezing on every single error. Even on DF :silly:

Dinara will destroy her.

Good run for Michelle :yeah:

Ciarán
May 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Aravane :woohoo:

Dawson.
May 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I guess the French crowd have found another pretty, young, talented girl to pick on

VIKA?
May 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Michelle:hug:

améliemomo
May 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM
:worship: never in doubt, most annoying crowd in the whole world (but well, what could you expect from french people :rolleyes: ):worship:

Yes for sure the tournament must be played in varsovie,we saw how "animated" are the polish people. Such joy of life,I was so impressed!:eek:

Becool
May 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I think grunts are ok..
it's showing that u're really hitting the ball hard..

but Michelle screams.. she hits hard but she screams cuz that's a strategy Bollitieri teaches the young girls to grunt loud to intimidade their opponents.. that's why Sharapova does it, and Michelle is doing it.. but Michelle is overdoing it... she is screaming

Marcelo.
May 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Yes for sure the tournament must be played in varsovie,we saw how "animated" are the polish people. Such joy of life,I was so impressed!:eek:

They're still way better than French one :shrug: :shrug:

ptitnavet
May 29th, 2009, 06:06 PM
The problem is not French or Polish people but French or Polish crowd ....
French crowd is so ... how to say it ... aggressive

Viktymise
May 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
MLDB's short angled CC FH is a beaut. She was hitting with Caravane for the majority of this match, which is no mean feat.

Of all the up-and-coming, I feel like MLDB has the brightest future. She has weapons resembling kill shots, and she's a good mover. Next step - improving the serve. Easier said than done of course.

I also find it hi-larious that fans of Serena, GOAT and Pova, queens of the WTA histrionics and intimidation tactics, are all vehementley baying food.

InsideOut.
May 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I guess the French crowd have found another pretty, young, talented girl to pick on

She's not pretty and she's not just some young, talented girl, she's a siren.

Marcelo.
May 29th, 2009, 06:16 PM
She's not pretty and she's not just some young, talented girl, she's a siren.

In your opinion :)

dizoo
May 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM
i hate MLDB
she's really really annoying

justine schnyder
May 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Omg thanks Aravane!
really good 1st set, and damn, someone has to shut LDB up! :o
It was the 1st time I've watched a full match o her, and it was a pure torture. She can't stop screaming, that is not grunting, it's a scream, and a very annoying one, not to mention the ridiculous celebrations after every point. she's a disgrace from tennis.

Effy
May 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
i love her screams :drool:

améliemomo
May 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
They're still way better than French one :shrug: :shrug:

yes because they booed the annoying little and innocent portuguese player:lol:

yes of course I see what you mean:wavey:

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
MLDB is definitely talented but holy crap does she need to grow up.

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Michelle asked for it but it is important to remember her age. :shrug:

Effy
May 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
yes because they booed the annoying little and innocent portuguese player:lol:

yes of course I see what you mean:wavey:

they booed a 16 year old teen :silly: i love frenchies and everything about France, but crowd at RG is too tactless :(

InsideOut.
May 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
they booed a 16 year old teen :silly: i love frenchies and everything about France, but crowd at RG is too tactless :(

She's 16. She's supposed to be somewhat mature. An audience consisting of moderately intelligent people would realize that and would be upset about MLDB's behaviour. So they booed it. Anything wrong?

Effy
May 29th, 2009, 07:06 PM
She's 16. She's supposed to be somewhat mature. An audience consisting of moderately intelligent people would realize that and would be upset about MLDB's behaviour. So they booed it. Anything wrong?

yes, everything is wrong. If she is supposed to be mature, the crowd needs it too!

améliemomo
May 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
yes, everything is wrong. If she is supposed to be mature, the crowd needs it too!

yeah of course,you should present your candidature to educate all this silly french from being so rude and of course THE WORST CROWD in the world
yeah go back in your "fantasy world":kiss:

as for de brito,I didnt really watch her matches but kinda felt some sympathie to that young girl,talented one but seing her today made me change completly my opinion about her. Dont cheer for such a player.

Effy
May 29th, 2009, 07:14 PM
yeah of course,you should present your candidature to educate all this silly french from being so rude and of course THE WORST CROWD in the world
yeah go back in your "fantasy world":kiss:

i didnt say about them being silly :weirdo: can't you read my posts? i said i love everything about France. But the french crowd at RG is tactless.

The Dawntreader
May 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
:rolleyes: At the vigilantes in this thread.

You'll be burning Michelle's house down soon.

fish_wilson
May 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
michelle was adorable. Do not change a thing girl.

Iceland
May 29th, 2009, 08:06 PM
No, it's not the right way of thinking. Michelle has to change her behaviour and only experiences like this one will make her realize it. I hope she will learn from this.

volta
May 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM
:rolleyes: At the vigilantes in this thread.

You'll be burning Michelle's house down soon.

:lol::lol:

Mynarco
May 29th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Poor Michelle :sad:

Natash.
May 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Michelle is so talented. Amazing on the run forehands.

Serenita
May 29th, 2009, 08:37 PM
The FO crowd, are shameless haters. they boo if you want to challenge, they boo if you have passion in your game. If they hate,oooh boy watch out.

hugo2004
May 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I saw the match of Venus yesterday and she was screaming louder than Michelle. A clear strategy by Rezai to try to afect Michelles game. Michelle is so much talent that Rezai she will pass her in the ranking on a short term.

betowiec
May 29th, 2009, 09:14 PM
well done Rezai

Dodoboy.
May 29th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I think Rezai was out of line here - she had her own dirty tricks here. Really don't like her at all!

Pasta-Na
May 30th, 2009, 01:26 AM
MLDB's attitude. :o

Martian KC
May 30th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I kinda liked Brito's bitchiness. Her snarky remarks towards the ump, her wave. I think I kinda like her now.:lol:

Patrick345
May 30th, 2009, 01:46 AM

If Rezai complained about Sharapova, Sharapova would tell her to take her raquet, turn it sideways and shove it up her candyass. ;)

There is a slight difference standing up to a 16 year old girl and Sharapova.

Daszmarelli
May 30th, 2009, 02:35 AM
no video?

Michelle can be a great player in few years (or not), and who's Rezai? An eternal median player.

C'mon Dina, show to Aravane who's the stronger! :armed:

Mr.Kardashian
May 30th, 2009, 04:44 AM
the interview with Rezai on the Roland Garros website is interesting

delicatecutter
May 30th, 2009, 04:49 AM
God Bless Caravan for all us being able to hear for the rest of the tournament. :worship:

Josh.
May 30th, 2009, 04:54 AM
What was the handshake like? :devil:

Serenita
May 30th, 2009, 05:00 AM
the interview with Rezai on the Roland Garros website is interesting

http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/players/wta311791.jpgA. REZAI/M.Larcher De Brito
7‑6, 6‑2
Aninterview with:
ARAVANEREZAI
THE MODERATOR: Questions inEnglish, please.
Q. Simple question: How do you lookback on the match?
ARAVANE REZAI: I feel very happy. My English is bad really, but I feel sogood. I'm very happy to win this matchbecause this match was very difficult for me. She's very young player, and I'm very happy.
Q. She did a lot of screaming.
ARAVANE REZAI: Yeah. A lot of screaming. But I willexplain in French, because in English it's hard. Thank you.
Q. Please do.
ARAVANE REZAI: In English?
Q. In French.
ARAVANE REZAI: But I think they will ask about thescreaming.
Q. This is your best performance at Roland Garros. How do you feel about getting into the fourthround?
ARAVANE REZAI: I'm very surprised, but I keep winning andI'm very happy. I try to be focusedevery matches, and that's the way I have to continue. Every match is difficult and every match isimportant, so I try to continue this way. I think it's the best way.
Q. Did you say to the chair umpire, It's not natural?
ARAVANE REZAI: Yeah, I said it's a little bit hard for me tocontinue playing like this. But, you know,it's hard to play against a player screaming like that.
She's very good player, but veryhard character. I hope she's going to bebetter, but she's young. She have tolearn many things.
Q. Did you start doing the same thing a little bit when you would win apoint? You make a little sound like,Whee...
ARAVANE REZAI: Yeah, you know, I tried to do the same, butit's not in my ‑‑ I don't scream like that. It's not me. So I prefer to be focused in my game, and the best way to do is win thematch. I won the match.
Q. How do you sound? I made thewrong sound. How does it sound?
ARAVANE REZAI: No, please I don't... No.
THE MODERATOR: Questions in French.
Q. I think you have played Maria Sharapova before. If you were to compare, which one of the twomakes more noise? Which one of the twoshouts in a way that bothers you more?
ARAVANE REZAI: It's different. She really shouts loud. Maybe it's the way she tries to impress theopponent, but it really did upset me because it was really unpleasant. I did try to talk to the umpire aboutthis. She kept shouting.
I think the umpire did not really dohis job, and so I told the referee. Youknow, it's a pity, because she really plays well. She's talented. She fights, but she still has a lot tolearn. She's very young, and I thinkshe's just going through a phase.
She's only 16. She has a lot of time to learn more.
Q. Could you please tell us exactly what you told the umpire?
ARAVANE REZAI: I said, She's shouting too loud. There's a limit. You can't really shout that way.
She said, Sharapova has never beentold that she was shouting too loud. AndI said, No, I have told her in a previous match. But it did bother me, although it's not theimportant thing today. The importantthing is that I won the match. I'm veryhappy.
That was just a tactic. She was trying to impress me with her shouts,and I managed to win the match all the same. Yes, it did bother me, but the most important is that I won the match.
Q. Apart from the shouts, she's very strong. She strikes hard. Was this a fight between two hard strikers?
ARAVANE REZAI: Well, I did play her on hard surfaces before,and it was different. I took the ballearly. I managed to manage the game more. This time it was more difficult. I had trouble adjusting in the first set, andI could not really apply my sort of game. And it was difficult.
She has improved. She runs better around the court. She defends better. So yes, it was a match between two hard hitters,and I tried to vary my game. I did itbetter in the second set.
Q. Do you think this is a mental victory? Was it difficult to remain focused?
ARAVANE REZAI: Yes, it was a mental thing, because I had toremain focused. There were ups anddowns. Sometimes I was leading 40‑15 andI lost the game, and the other way around. So really I had to be focused. Soit was a mental battle.
We were trying to win points. Each of us was trying to gainconfidence. She's very young, so I thinkit's normal, but I'm sorry she reacts that way, and I hope she will change inthe future.
Q. Are the shouts louder sometimes or longer? These shouts, are they sometimes louder orlonger? Did that bother you?
ARAVANE REZAI: Oh, longer shouts, shorter shouts. Yes, but I think it really was a tactic. But I managed to block that out and I triedto impress her and make her understand that she was not dominating, that thisis not done. Yes, she was trying toimpress me, but I didn't let her get away with it.
Q. After the match, did anybody say something? The other players, did they discuss this inthe locker rooms?
ARAVANE REZAI: I would rather not discuss this. I would really prefer to talk about thematch. Yes, of course in the lockerrooms, people talk. The players react.
The most important thing is reallythat I won. These are little detailsabout the match that we tend to forget. It is definitely not the most important.
Q. So the reactions were positive on your side?
ARAVANE REZAI: Yes, of course.
Q. Sorry to mention the shouts again. In the press conference, Michelle said that you were the first player toever complain about her shouts. And shesaid maybe that was a tactic on your part. What would you like to answer?
ARAVANE REZAI: Well, of course, maybe that's herweapon. That's the way she reacts. That's the way she plays. However, I reacted that way, because it was botheringme. Maybe in the next few matches thatshe plays, the other players are going to complain, as well. So maybe I just started it, and then her nextopponents will continue complaining.
But again, I was really trying tofocus on the match. I was trying to playthe match. It did bother me, and I toldthe umpire that was my job. I wassuppose to do it. I did not intend toimpress her. She started it, and Idefended myself.
Q. If three months ago you had been told you would be in the round of 16 inRoland Garros, would you have thought that this was insane at the time?
ARAVANE REZAI: Three months ago? What was I doing three months ago? What tournament was I playing? Oh, the Australian Open.
No, well, I wouldn't have understoodit then, but yes, it is an objective. Why not? Everything is possible.
But I had to do this match aftermatch, and it was too early at the time. When I was in Strasbourg,people were discussing Roland Garros, and I said, Wait a minute. Let me get through Strasbourg. Let me take this one match at a time. I have another match tomorrow. I'm not thinking about Roland Garros now.
This is what helped me win thetournament in Strasbourg. I wasn't thinking either about the future,nor about the past. I really had to livein the present.
Q. You speak differently compared with three years ago when you said youwanted to be No. 1. Have you learnedsomething, that it's useless to talk that way? Have you realized it's not a good thing?
ARAVANE REZAI: Well, you have to be realistic. I've learned a lot. I was young at the time. Maybe I wasn't mature enough.
I have learned to be morerealistic. I have learned to work and tothink more in the shorter term than the long term. I'm not saying it was a mistake at the timewhen I said this, but in the meantime, I have quite an experience and I'velearned a lot, and it's done me good.
Q. Is Mansour Barami your lucky charm?
ARAVANE REZAI: Yes, of course he's my lucky charm. We talk between the matches.
Q. What did you talk about? Tactic?
ARAVANE REZAI: Yes, of course, tactics. He congratulates me. He encourages me. We talk about everything. Yes, I like

Thanos
May 30th, 2009, 05:39 AM
great day for tennis.

WhatTheDeuce
May 30th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Excellent match, Aravane. :hearts: She's been such a joy to watch this week. Helped ease the pain of Dokic's injury for me. :awww:

Give it a go against Dinara, sweetie! Allez!

theking
May 30th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Good on you Rezai, not only for winning and relieving the tournament of one grunter, but for complaining about it. I thought Sharapova was bad until I heard this de Brito chick but Sharapova remains intolerable.

The other night I had the misfortune of having to endure the Sharapova/Petrova match whilst awaiting the match after and I had to turn the television down to avoid waking the entire community! I would have turned the channel, but it looked like Sharapova might lose so I tuned in. Unfortunately she won.

When will the WTA do something about this? Grunting is noise pollution, unnecessary, ridiculous, annoying and as far as I'm concerned, cheating. There should be a noise detector and if the grunting reaches a certain level, the player should be immediately defaulted.

Kipling
May 30th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Watching the match again last night I was glad to see that Aravane has a little feisty streak in her. "So I can scream like that too, no?" she asked the umpire. Then after he said something to de Brito and she amped up the screaming, Rezai started to mock her a bit by "screaming" in a whiny fashion for a few points. That was funny as hell. Glad she taught that little girl a lesson in the end.

améliemomo
May 30th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Watching the match again last night I was glad to see that Aravane has a little feisty streak in her. "So I can scream like that too, no?" she asked the umpire. Then after he said something to de Brito and she amped up the screaming, Rezai started to mock her a bit by "screaming" in a whiny fashion for a few points. That was funny as hell. Glad she taught that little girl a lesson in the end.

yes that was exactly what happened imo, despite all the annoy de brito gave her with her screams,screaming herself was a way to get the frustration out. But guys, this kind of situation shouldnt be accepted on the tour. That's ridiculously not good. That's not tennis and values of sport.

theking
May 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Here's a quote from former Wimbledon referee Alan Mills

"Mills was certain that players from the Nick Bollettieri Academy in Florida were taught to employ noise into their armoury and it’s no coincidence that Seles, Kournikova, Sharapova and now Larcher del Brito were all schooled at the American coach’s Bradenton headquarters. "

No coincidence at all here and high time it was stopped! :mad:

bad_angel_109
May 30th, 2009, 12:21 PM
:o michelle! :hug:

Corswandt
May 30th, 2009, 02:15 PM
If Rezai complained about Sharapova, Sharapova would tell her to take her raquet, turn it sideways and shove it up her candyass. ;)

There is a slight difference standing up to a 16 year old girl and Sharapova.

:lol:

Post of the day.

Corswandt
May 30th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Micaela Carolina is a walking PR disaster.

The Tour hasn't had true Supernovas for years now, to the extent one could say that, like the barbarians in that Kavafis poem, there are no Supernovas any more. A 16 y.o. breaks through at a GS. But instead of hailing this amazing new prospect, what is everyone doing?

Talking about "grunting" and about how Micaela Carolina is the most insufferable tennis brat in recorded history. Well done, Micaela. :rolleyes:

I suppose the chances of Micaela Carolina toning down her grating shrieking and the ludicrous hystrionics are about the same as those of the Ribeiro/Keul "wonder duo" of local commentators not talking stupid shit (i.e. zilch), so in that sense Micaela Carolina was right during her interview with Lara Croft.

The match itself was occasionally very good, with some superb rallies. Caravane was hitting the ball really well, and even though she's still slow and unathletic, her footwork has improved somewhat. Micaela Carolina fought very hard (that running FH hit when stretched out, sometimes well off the court, is simply a wonder) even though she was in near constant danger of being overpowered. Impressive ability to raise her game when it matters, but the (lack of) serve did her in in the end as always.

Funniest part of the match were the local commentators making excuses for Micaela Carolina in the end though. :lol: