Balltossovic
May 29th, 2009, 10:14 AM
OMG Ana played AMAZE:inlove:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Only lost 2 games... perfection by Ana :hearts:

Libertango
OMG. Congrats to Ana, but does Benesova have ANY weapons/power/or anything ... AT ALL?! :help:

Sean.
May 29th, 2009, 10:15 AM
:worship: Great performance from her! :drool: Tough match next round! :armed:
20/14 W/UE from Ana :drool:

Iveta made a ight of it in the 2nd, but was just out classed today :hug:

Apparently Ana is also studying finance as well as training :speakles:

njnetswill
May 29th, 2009, 10:15 AM
:eek: Is old Ana back or was Iveta just missing mentally?

Sharpie4me
May 29th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Ana will surely defend her title. Can't see anyone stop her :)

Wiggly
Iveta gets humiliated by a top player.
As usual. :tape:

NeeemZ
Ivanovic was in good form today from what I saw.

Dave.
Ana :hearts: She played brilliantly, especially coming in to the net. That was one of the most enjoyable matches I've seen from her in a while. Seems to be getting better with every round.

Ana has done her part, come on Vika!

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 10:17 AM
:eek: Is old Ana back or was Iveta just missing mentally?
Iveta was pathetic.

Iveta is one of those players who if it's not going right, they just say screw it and don't try :o::rolleyes::smash:.

:inlove:
From what I saw, Iveta was horrendous.

JadeFox
Ana by all accounts looks great. And this is the first time she's made it past the third round in a Slam in a year so yay! :bounce:

Bremen
May 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
3 winners the whole match? 21 errors? Yeah, anyone would win with the same scoreline as Ana if they had been given an opponent as pathetic as benesova.

Also, was it just me or was the french open website acting really wonky? The little tennis ball that shows who is serving was absent on the scoreboard, just for this match. Weird.

mure
May 29th, 2009, 10:19 AM
well done Ana :)

but can't really draw any conlusions from this match,benesova played some points nice but for the most part she sucked.Ana didn't have to do much really

InsideOut.
From down 15-40 in the first game on her serve, Ana played really well and Iveta was terrible until 6-0 1-0. Then Iveta held and I knew the brainfart would come. Ana lost serve to love with some pretty bad errors. I wondered what would happen. I was screaming 'ajde' sitting on the sofa. :lol: And then I saw it. The fire in her eyes. The slight change in the grunt that I haven't heard in a very long time - for one year, exactly. Just the little. It transforms her. She starts thinking clearly, hits the ball sweetly, and the opponent can feel it. Burning. Scorching. Even down 40-15 in the game at 3-2, I knew she would break. Too obvious. Too predictable. That's Ana Ivanovic. A very long deuce game and she finally breaks. A huge 'ajde' and I was certain she would win then. An amazing slice drop shot to set up match point, and finished in style.

Ana :inlove::worship: First GS second week since RG last year, and what a way to get to it! :bounce:

DownTheLine21
Ana played really well. She's getting better with each match. In particular, she was moving to the net very well.

Davodus
well played from ana, her movement is getting better with each match :yeah:

Nalla
May 29th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I don't remember when was the last time, that i saw Benesova play, but .. how did she get even this far?? Ana made few mistakes, but , the winner was never in doubt.
Bravo ANA!!!:bounce::bounce:

Chance
May 29th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Considering Ana has only played about 3 matches on clay I'm impressed by Ana's form.

Deck
May 29th, 2009, 10:22 AM
well done Ana

good luck in next round, vs. Vika probably :scared:

Lulu.
May 29th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Iveta. :tape:

DownTheLine21
May 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I don't remember when was the last time, that i saw Benesova play, but .. how did she get even this far?? Ana made few mistakes, but , the winner was never in doubt.
Bravo ANA!!!:bounce::bounce:

Benesova is notorious for playing well among the lower ranked players and then getting crushed when she faces Top 10 competition.

Iceland
May 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Bravo Ana!! Impressive stuff again!
She has been defending her title so convincingly so far, which is quite surprising for once ^^ Allez, don't stop!

Imperfect Angel
May 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Ana :hearts: Solid win.:yeah: Some great points there but was once losing 8 straight points after winning first game in second set.:o

Iveta :)

Nikkiri
Never in doubt.

Beny
Ana played well but far from her best. Iveta underperformed totally. She was playing badly.

What i didn't like about Ana was, she didn't think. She played her match, whatever her opponent did. She went for it, sometimes took 100% risk..not necessary. When she saw Iveta was missing almost every shot, she could have played a little safer. Ana plays like Ana against every opponent. Today she could have kept the ball longer in sometimes and Iveta would miss.

She needn't have to hit so many errors (Ana)

igralec33
What a impressive win for Ana! :worship: Well done! :yeah:

Libertango
May 29th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I don't remember when was the last time, that i saw Benesova play, but .. how did she get even this far?? :bounce::bounce:
My thoughts exactly. Good God, I know it was a bad day for her but how the hell is she even seeded?! She was :o today

Peterk07
May 29th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I haven't seen Benesova for long time, but this girl isn't the one who is 25th on the ytd rankings. Anyway, it was Anaway. She seems to find her RG form again, which is promising for the upcoming rounds. Ana vs Vika and the next round vs Safina will be exciting. :yeah:

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 29th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Wow looks like an ownage :drool: I only saw the last two points so I can't say much.
But isn't it hilarious how Ana sucks the whole season losing to random players and then the RG comes and she's suddenly in top form? I'm loving this :D

Mikey.
May 29th, 2009, 10:30 AM
:worship: Ana played so well. :D

Good luck in the 4th round. :yeah:

Calliope.
Ana :worship:
Iveta :hug:

Huntress55
Great scoreline. Ana :D

MarieC
May 29th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Ana has definitely risen her play here. It's finally good to see. But yes Iveta sucked royally in this match. Ana isn't going to have any more gifts from here on. Azarenka or Suarez Navarro will be a tough 4th round for her

Tennis90
May 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Great match from Ana,her net game was great ....
Serve has improved too....

Ajde Ana,keep it this way....Well done :D :)

Cp6uja
May 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Ana won first 7 games in the row, than lose two back-to-back games without winning any single point, and than won next 5 games.

Classics from Ana :kiss: - she never depending on her opponents.
1st set very remind on her last season matches and like I say: last season final rematch in Quarterfinal Ana vs Dinara will probably decide 2009 RG Champion.

darkangel23
May 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Anci :worship:

Steff_forever
May 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
like Serena, Kuzzie & JJ now Ana is also gathering speed: refreshing result !!!! :kiss::bowdown:

Iveta :sad: :hug:

Sammm
May 29th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Ana was reasonably good, but Iveta was absolute wank. We'll find out more from the next round.

frenchie
May 29th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Iveta woke up on the wrong leg!

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2009, 11:03 AM
That was never going to be a match. Benesova's game and mentality are too weak to trouble world class big hitters.

Marcelo.
May 29th, 2009, 11:07 AM
:yawn:

Iveta :weirdo:

Renalicious
May 29th, 2009, 11:25 AM
First fourth round in a year. :eek: (GS)

Maria Croft
May 29th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Please stop Safina in the QF Ana ;)

She is really getting better with each round here.

Dinayer
May 29th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Ana :hearts:

requiem
May 29th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Bravo Anči

Temperenka
May 29th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Fantastic win, Ana :yeah: :banana:

I hope Vika makes 4R too now. ;)

Ryan
May 29th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Ana. :D VAMOS. :p I think she'll be too strong for Vika/CSN, but it should be a nice match.

Pops Maellard
May 29th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Well done Ana! On track for a rematch of the 2008 French Open final! :woohoo:

Lacrish
May 29th, 2009, 12:13 PM
WD Ana :yeah:
so happy that your form get better and better,Ajde! :bounce:

mboyle
May 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Safina better pray that Ana loses this form, because Dinara cannot beat Ana if she's playing well.

Sexysova
May 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Iveta was simply pathetic today, no signs of better form than in Fed Cup and if you think beating Kudryavtseva 1 & 2 is a great win then :help:

credit to Ivanovic, she played what was needed to win this match..

Shvedbarilescu
May 29th, 2009, 12:36 PM
What I saw was very impressive by Ana. I didn't think Ana was going to go far in this tournament but on the strength of that performance quarters does now look very likely at the match against Safina isn't quite the given it appeared to be previously.

As for Iveta, well kinda disappointed but not too surprised to be honest. Still Iveta defended her points and looked alright in her 1st two matches so I can't complain.

adrovi
May 29th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Ana :worship::worship:

JolinA
May 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
All the way to the final like this please :inlove:

-NAJ-
May 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM
bravo Ana
Ana is going to win FO again

VIKA?
May 29th, 2009, 12:53 PM
:woohoo:

Hantuchov
May 29th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Iveta :explode: :mad: :sad:
But at least reached the 3rd round, what was expected from your ranking.
Hopefully you'll be able to go one step further next time. :) :) :)

*Jean*
May 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Poor performance from Iveta, but it was expected against the fist. :sad:

Horizon
May 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
If only Ana didn't have to meet Dinara in the QF :o

It really is looking like the winner of that match will go on to take the title, especially now that Venus can't challenge the winner in the semis.

Despite that, there's still a tough 4th round opponent to get through. WD today Ana, continue gaining form please :yeah: :banana:

danieln1
May 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Safina will have to play really, really well if she wants to beat Ana, ana found her game, finally!!!

I think sheŽll crush Azarenka/Suarez, the way sheŽs been playing

DownTheLine21
May 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
If only Ana didn't have to meet Dinara in the QF :o

It really is looking like the winner of that match will go on to take the title, especially now that Venus can't challenge the winner in the semis.

Despite that, there's still a tough 4th round opponent to get through. WD today Ana, continue gaining form please :yeah: :banana:

I think it's good for her. If Ana's really finding her form again, she'll have to prove herself against the top players. It will be a great test. Let's not forget that she still has to win her next match, however.

Beny
May 29th, 2009, 01:12 PM
People are getting too excited by Ana's form.

Benesova was awful today, that's why Ana's form looked so fine. Benesova didn't mean any threat today. No matter what Ana did...Ana would have to play incredibly awful to lose today.

We can judge Ana's form against real opponents. Hope she gets to meet Safina in QF.That should be quite a match :drool:

DownTheLine21
May 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM

Benesova was awful today, that's why Ana's form looked so fine. Benesova didn't mean any threat today. No matter what Ana did...Ana would have to play incredibly awful to lose today.

We can judge Ana's form against real opponents. Hope she gets to meet Safina in QF.That should be quite a match :drool:

And, a few weeks ago, Ana would have found a way to lose a set or the match. However, I agree that people are a little too overexcited. Her next match will give us a much better picture of her current playing level.

Talita Kumi
May 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
adje!:rocker2:

Dexter
May 29th, 2009, 01:33 PM
First 4th round of a GS since last year. Step by step Ana is getting it back. Ajde! :yeah:

dany.p
May 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Ana has looked surprsingly solid so far. Yeah you could say her opponents have all been lowere ranked and shouldn't be troubling her, but Ana has done nothing at the grandslams in the past year and has had many losses to lower ranked opponents. These straight set drubbings are big step forward for her considering how her game unraveled after RG last year. So her form up to now is looking very promising. Don't know if she'll be able to keep it up though.

dany.p
May 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM

But before this match some people were saying exactly the same thing. Apparently benesova was supposed to be the first real test (don't know why though)

Beny
May 29th, 2009, 02:34 PM
^First I also thought Benesova would be a good test. Has beaten Alla 1 and 2 and she can play very well on clay. Not this time.

I was worried after the first round. Ana struggled with Errani. Errani hasn't had a great season at all. Wasn't she like double bagelled by Safina at Stuttgart? or 0 and 1..or 1 and 1.

Roookie
May 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Ana post GS is the kind of player that beats herself rather than the other way (Indian Wells final?). As long as she keeps doing her part of the job she'll be facing Dinara in what may be the match of the tournament :drool:

starin
May 29th, 2009, 04:16 PM
great job Ana:worship:
that's how a top player is supposed to handle a bagel!
deal them out instead of eating them. :rolleyes:

I hope she makes the finals.

Хлоэ
May 29th, 2009, 04:27 PM
adje!:rocker2:

its ajde :lol:

Iveta and her cold expression :hearts:

Edy.
May 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Great win today :D

True, Iveta was playing awful but Ana did all the right things and I am really happy with the way she played this match! :) Good luck against Vika or Carla!!

3 down, 4 to go :D

Rod the Bama
May 29th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Very good win for Ana today. :clap2: She looked very impressive right from the start and didn`t let Iveta into the match. I`m really pleased with how Ana has played in the last two matches, which is a good sign.

cn ireland
May 29th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Great scoreline Ana:bounce:!

Talita Kumi
May 29th, 2009, 08:48 PM
its ajde :lol:

Iveta and her cold expression :hearts:

whos care!, im not serbian,
adje! or aijde Anita!!!:rocker: :lol::tape:

Kart
May 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Interesting. I thought Ana was thoroughly awful after watching some of her first round match.

Just goes to show how getting a bit of confidence can help her game.

rucolo
May 30th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Well done, Ana!:)

Iveta:hug: