PDA

View Full Version : Sania Mirza to marry

spiceboy
May 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?sectionName=NLetter&id=56c0685f-2360-4db7-96ec-b8e6e74127d6&Headline=Sania+to+tie+the+knot%2c+stay+a+Mirza

Sania to tie the knot, stay a Mirza
Deepti Patwardhan (http://www.hindustantimes.com/Search/Search.aspx?q=Deepti Patwardhan&nodate=1), Hindustan Times

It’s another love-all start for Sania Mirza. The Indian tennis star, who has been plagued by injuries over the last two years, looks to be on the cusp of a new doubles partnership. However, this time, it is off the court.
A family source told HT on Thursday that Sania is set to get engaged to long-time friend Sohrab Mirza on July 10 in her hometown, Hyderabad. It is learnt that invitations have already been sent out.
“The boy is not related to them,” the source said after being asked about the common surname. “She knows him from her school days.” The groom-to-be is a businessman from Hyderabad.
Sania burst on to the scene at the 2005 Australian Open as a teenager and has literally grown up under the public eye. Being the biggest pin-up girl in Indian sports, she has been linked to men, right from the tennis court to tinsel town—most notably actor Shahid Kapoor.
While she has had to keep her eye on the ball despite multiple off-court controversies, the 23-year-old has also slipped in the women’s rankings owing to injuries and growing competition.
Sania, however, made a comeback earlier this year when he became the first Indian woman to win a Grand Slam. She teamed up with India’s Mahesh Bhupathi to win the Australian Open mixed doubles crown.
Currently playing at the French Open, Sania may soon join the brigade of young tennis players looking to settle down early in life.

Sharpie4me
May 29th, 2009, 09:51 AM
they have the same surname lol
congrats to them though :)

Sam L
Cool.. Go Sania!

schorsch
Would this mean that it would be easier for her to play in India again or the opposite?

Привет
May 29th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hmm I'll wait for something from Sania before I believe it. ;)

Cashif
May 29th, 2009, 09:56 AM
It means she is going to quit tennis. I dont think she will play after getting married provided this is true

saniapower
May 29th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Sania Mirza has found her life partner , according to family sources – Hyderabad’s Sohrab Mirza
Sania Mirza who is facing severe injuries and declining career, now wants to settle by the beginning of the next year. Sania Mirza has sports related injuries and her career in tennis almost over ,and now she has finally decided to quit. Ms Mirza may be interested to start a settled married life in 2010.

According to the reports , Sania tried to do a friendship with international tennis player Marat Safin, but it didn’t work out as Safin was not interested in the Hyderabadi girl.

spiceboy
May 29th, 2009, 10:03 AM
According to the reports , Sania tried to do a friendship with international tennis player Marat Safin, but it didn’t work out as Safin was not interested in the Hyderabadi girl.

:haha:

Keep on dreaming, Sania :lol:

Mightymirza
May 29th, 2009, 10:11 AM
:lol: Who knows how credible this new is.. But in the newspapers they said that both will concentrate on careers right now and would get married only after few years!

#1SteffiGraf#1
May 29th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I think Sania is very pretty, and she comes from wealthy family. Why should she have to "dream" about Marat? Marat is a goofball who has underachieved as a player. He should have won more, but he is lazy.

Im glad Sania didnt get with him.

Cashif
May 29th, 2009, 10:14 AM
:haha:

Keep on dreaming, Sania :lol:

I wouldnt really trust saniapower's words until I see the source. He/She always comes up with these fancy ideas and I've no idea where he gets it from.

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Good for her than :).

saniapower
May 29th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I wouldnt really trust saniapower's words until I see the source. He/She always comes up with these fancy ideas and I've no idea where he gets it from.

http://current-news-results-notices.blogspot.com/2009/05/sania-sohrab-mirza-marriage.html

Mightymirza
May 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
haha source is as credible as Saniapower :p haha (j/k :help: )

Lin Lin
May 29th, 2009, 10:30 AM
they have the same surname lol
congrats to them though :)

what makes you lol at "they have the same surname":confused:

rocksania
May 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM
“This is to confirm that Sania Mirza is engaged to Mr. Muhammad Sohrab Mirza, whose family hails from the city of Hyderabad. Although not related, the two families have had friendly ties for several decades. However, the wedding is not expected to take place for a while. I would like to state that the news appearing in certain sections of the media about the two maternal grandmothers having fixed the liason is baseless. It has also been wrongly projected that Sania is contemplating early retirement from tennis. These reports are absolutely untrue. - IMRAN MIRZA”

as1991
May 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM
btw sania is gonna play until 2012..acc. to one of her interviews
and she shud
to retire so early is....crap!

rocksania
May 29th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Muhammad Sohrab Mirza after the engagement will fly to UK to complete his Masters.His family owns Bakery houses in Hyderabad and he is older to sania by a year.

saniapower
haha source is as credible as Saniapower :p haha (j/k :help: )
i've got at least 10 articles similar to that. i dont know which one is credible and which not. i've just tried to summarise here.

ElusiveChanteuse
Congrats!:)

#1SteffiGraf#1
May 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
How to think she will play? rest of season? next year?

young_gunner913
May 29th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Congrats Sania!! :bigclap::hug:

lilimi
May 29th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Sania Mirza has found her life partner , according to family sources – Hyderabad’s Sohrab Mirza
Sania Mirza who is facing severe injuries and declining career, now wants to settle by the beginning of the next year. Sania Mirza has sports related injuries and her career in tennis almost over ,and now she has finally decided to quit. Ms Mirza may be interested to start a settled married life in 2010.

:haha::haha::haha:

young_gunner913
May 29th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Congrats Sania :hearts::bigclap::hug:

saniapower
May 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
She will quit very soon according to various reports due to her growing number of injuries :shrug:

tennnisfannn
May 29th, 2009, 10:43 AM
so she will be called Sania mirza-mirza

as1991
May 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
oh common she is nt injured....she is perfectly fine!
she has never had a great clay season and expecting anything from it is just stupid
moreover her father has confirmed tht she wont retire...
what more confirmation is needed?!

Cashif
May 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
http://current-news-results-notices.blogspot.com/2009/05/sania-sohrab-mirza-marriage.html

It is a blog written by some individual, anyone can come up with crazy ideas. Until I see a valid source(as in REPUTED source), I am not trusting it!

woosey
May 29th, 2009, 10:46 AM
sounds like an arranged marriage, if true.

rocksania
May 29th, 2009, 10:46 AM
no one mirza would do..

saniapower
May 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
what makes you lol at "they have the same surname":confused:
actually it is creating some doubt and confusion in my mind.:weirdo:
in fact i was trying to make Mr. Sohrab Mirza as my Avtar for quite some time now but in vain:lol::lol::lol: not getting any pic of Mr Mirza:haha::rolleyes: :lol:
i've yet to identify this new little Mirza :lol:

as1991
May 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
^well all the news channels in india are showing video of sohrab mirza and almost all news channel have confirmed the news

lilimi
May 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
is he handsome? :lol:

as1991
May 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
^well the video wasnt really clear
but he did seem handsome!

saniapower
May 29th, 2009, 11:34 AM
^well all the news channels in india are showing video of sohrab mirza and almost all news channel have confirmed the news
ok. i was not watching tv.

rocksania
May 29th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Evn i dont seen the video..

mapaliey
May 29th, 2009, 02:58 PM
isn't mirza dating bhupathi ??...lol

Dandy_Warhol
May 29th, 2009, 05:37 PM

:lol:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/spotless_rougedirector/random%20stuffs/obama-bplease.jpg

microgoogle
May 30th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Sania Mirza getting engaged on 10th July...exclusive...the guys name is Sohrab Mirza...

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/Sania_Lavraj_and_Mo_-_Upasana_Kameneniz_Christmas_Party_-_2008-large.jpg

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/Mo_and_Sania_-_Taj_Party_-_New_yr_2008_-_1-large.jpg

WhatTheDeuce
May 30th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Congrats Sania....

What's the guy look like? Hot? :p

Edit: Ooooh, he is kinda cute. :awww:

Dandy_Warhol
May 30th, 2009, 07:45 AM
have to say he's kindda cute :shrug:

lilimi
May 30th, 2009, 09:36 AM
yes he's cute.

urklerlay
May 30th, 2009, 09:43 AM
That is what I was thinking...you beat me to it!

so she will be called Sania mirza-mirza

LeRoy.
May 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM
congrats !

Rod the Bama
May 30th, 2009, 06:32 PM

Sania found out the hard way that Marat is more into the bleach blonde Rock of Love type chicks.

http://i00.bdbphotos.com/8L/32/0001023832-05254L.jpg

Anyway congrats to Sania on the engagement. :clap2:

LUVMIRZA
May 30th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I guess her wrist injuries are too much to digest as she is not able to hit her forehand shots. I hope she'll play atleast 2 or 3 years.

Daniela-Is-Mine
May 30th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Sania Mirza-Mirza!!!