PDA

View Full Version : Who else is crying for Dokic?

tennnisfannn
May 28th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Can't the girl catch a break. Get well Jelena, see you at wimby.

mygirlV
May 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Can't the girl catch a break. Get well Jelena, see you at wimby.
Me:sad: Like I say "life is not fair". Get well soon!

joćo.
May 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM
:sad: I hope she's healthy for Wimbledon.

Just Do It
May 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I am still in a shock.

Vlad Tepes
May 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
What a heartbreaking match, she was playing so well :sobbing:

At least she's back in the top 100 and if the injury is not serious she will be very dangerous on grass.

My heart goes out to you, Jelly :hug: :kiss:

friendsita
May 28th, 2009, 07:48 PM
:sad: I hope she's healthy for Wimbledon.

me 2 :sad:

tennnisfannn
May 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM
poor Elena too, she will never know how the match would have ended,

gmokb
May 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I really feel her pain and I am not a fan. She was looking unbeatable and then her backs gives. It sure sucks. Elena should thank he r lucky stars.

muniu
May 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM
She must be so strong , if she's able to overcome such obstacles...

Slutiana
May 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
poor Elena too, she will never know how the match would have ended,
:spit: I think we all know how it would have ended.

Galsen
I am so sad :'(

Slutiana
She must be so strong , if she's able to overcome such obstacles...
:sobbing: :hysteric:

davidmario
May 28th, 2009, 07:56 PM
jelena:sad:

:drink:

she was playing sooo well, even when she had this issue she managed to break her. why not play moonballs for one hour to get the match suspended and refresh over night.

frenchie
May 28th, 2009, 07:56 PM
OMG I just discovered what happened!!
Poor Jelena

What was the score when it happened
any videos BTW

davidmario
May 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
:drink:

Ferg
May 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
:spit: I think we all know how it would have ended.

:worship:

Lulu.
May 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I feel so bad for her. She looked to have that match won.

janko
May 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
:sad:

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I was literally crying with her :sad: The saddest retirement I've ever seen. Heartbreaking :sobbing:
I hope she comes back strong after this :awww:

olivero
May 28th, 2009, 08:10 PM
The saddest retirement I've ever seen. Heartbreaking :sobbing:

True :sad:

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2009, 08:11 PM
It really is just soooo sad. A win like this catapults her into a soft draw with tons of money and points to be won. With someone as elusive as Jelena, you never know where she'll go after these heart breaking losses. A few wins at big events keeps her going for a while.

Here's to a healthy Wimbledon.

iGOAT
May 28th, 2009, 08:12 PM
This is horrible :sobbing:.

muniu
May 28th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I still can't understand why life is so cruel for Jelly
from narrow-minded father to problems with motivation and now this back injury , I'm :speechless:

NoChokes
May 28th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I got a bit choked up watching it, but had to hold myself together in order to preserve what remaining masculinity that's left. :lol:

cn ireland
May 28th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I'm so disappointed for Jelena:sad:!

I just hope she'll be fit for Wimbledon!

muniu
May 28th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I was literally crying with her :sad: The saddest retirement I've ever seen. Heartbreaking :sobbing:

I can't good rep you ffs :sad:
I hate this day

Lennval
May 28th, 2009, 08:26 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing:

darkangel23
May 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Such bad luck, and so undeserved she really stepped it up after Warsaw and her sport fatigue... And this... Hopefully she can recover well and keep playing well

Helen Lawson
May 28th, 2009, 08:28 PM
It's awful she was unable to finish the match, but I honestly never thought it was hers--Dementieva is the queen of the comeback. Well, she is sometimes. But how often does Dementieva lose the first set like at love and then win in three? Many. I can't cry, the match isn't finished until they shake hands at the net and choke as she may many times, Dementieva doesn't give up.

lilimi
May 28th, 2009, 08:29 PM
poor jelena :sad::sad::sad:

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I'm still speechless. Like... just in awe at how unfortunate that was. I didn't cry, but my heart aches for Jelena. I just pray that she can recover quickly and be ready for her favorite part of the season.

ILY Jeca :hug: Nothing to be ashamed of today, your level was top-player worthy. Stay strong.

Cat's Pajamas
May 28th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Jelena's groundstrokes are still that of a Top 10 player. Let's just pray for a speedy recovery. :awww:

rucolo
May 28th, 2009, 08:55 PM
:bigcry:
Poor Jelena. It`s heartbreaking.:sad:

How is it possible to be as unlucky as Jelena Dokic?!:sad:

Honestly I now have given up my hope that Jelena will have a good career on WTA Tour anymore.:sad:
Of course here and there a good result but nothing consistent on high level.
Jelena had to suffer a lot in life and is simply too unlucky.:sad:
From now on I expect a loss in every match she plays.

Stay strong, Jelena!:hug:
... once again.:sad:

hablo
May 28th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I just got home and missed everything...

What happened? :unsure:

miffedmax
May 28th, 2009, 09:09 PM
It's awful she was unable to finish the match, but I honestly never thought it was hers--Dementieva is the queen of the comeback. Well, she is sometimes. But how often does Dementieva lose the first set like at love and then win in three? Many. I can't cry, the match isn't finished until they shake hands at the net and choke as she may many times, Dementieva doesn't give up.

Not this year, Helen. (And you know I'm not one to say bad things about the Perfect One). She's had a hard time winning three-setters where she lost the first set.

She's also had a hard time when she's gotten free passes to the next round.

All in all, this is shaping up to be a suckass FO for Demented fans.

Though obviously nowhere near as sucky as for Dokic fans. I am honestly sick for all of you.

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 28th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I would cry but I didn't see it live :(

Juju Nostalgique
May 28th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Bad luck Jelena :awww: :hug: :hysteric:

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I just got home and missed everything...

What happened? :unsure:
udg0qnnXeQ0

IMPOSSIBLE
May 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Dokic is so unlucky :(

I really feel for her, hope she can come back strong for this.

DokDi
May 28th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I'm still crying, so unfair...please get healthy Jelena, all your fans love you!

IMPOSSIBLE
May 28th, 2009, 09:40 PM
BTW

Dokic is still on the schedule tommorow, (doubles with Kleybanova)

Some quotes from Dokic

"I went for a return and I just went down and couldn't get back up," said Dokic, who will undergo a scan in Paris to judge the exact nature of the problem and the damage caused.

"It's very painful. I hope it's not too serious. It's very disappointing because I felt as if I had the match in my hands."

joćo.
May 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Dokic is so lucky :(

I really feel for her, hope she can come back strong for this.

You mean Dementieva?

drake3781
May 28th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Sad. :(

charmedRic
May 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
sad. :(

GeeTee
May 28th, 2009, 10:02 PM
nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SPORT/05/28/tennis.frenchwomen/art.dokic.gi.jpg

markdelaney
May 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM
How is it possible to be as unlucky as Jelena Dokic?!:sad:

It is very possible to be far more unlucky e.g. Daniela Klemenschits

or Perhaps Corinna Morariu with leukaemia.

Jelena was very unfortunate today but she will have many more chances. Good luck to her .

rucolo
May 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM
It is very possible to be far more unlucky e.g. Daniela Klemenschits

or Perhaps Corinna Morariu with leukaemia.

Jelena was very unfortunate today but she will have many more chances. Good luck to her .

I meant of course unlucky as a very talented singles tennis player with huge potential like Jelena.:p

Jelena had to suffer a lot in life, big problems with her father, ............

Did you never see the sad look in her eyes nowadays?:sad:
My friend who doesn`t know many tennis players said: She looks as if she has been through a lot in life. Clearly, it`s so true.
It must have been so hard mentally, she can`t put it behind.:sad:

Andy.
May 28th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Im absoloutly gutted for her I really hope this in some way she can use this in a possitive way and think that she would have beaten a top 5 player and uses it to give her confidence.

In The Zone
May 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Class act from Elena in that clip.

So sad. :( She really would have had an opening with this draw. I hope she is okay for Wimbledon.

TennisGuy21
May 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I am! I feel so bad for her, she was playing excellent.

Lindsayfan32
May 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Bugger it sounds like Jelena had an even money chance of winning the match. I hope she's fit for Wimbledon but I wouldn't count on it but I want to be totally wrong. I'm looking forward to seeing her play on grass as she will be dangerous floater in the draw none of the seeds will want to play.

Warrior
May 28th, 2009, 10:56 PM
It's truly heartbreaking :sad:

TennisGuy21
May 28th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Dokic had this match... She hits just as well as Elena, but serves better, and is not as worried about losing a match as Elena is. We are talking about no pressure on Dokic- and she has a better serve anyway. We are also looking at a past, where Dokic comes out on top. Dokic rolled against Elena for 5 straight wins, and 2 on Clay. Dokic was about to remind the tour who she was, and she got hurt... its truely sad because she is going to be ranked low, and she will be upsetting these girls more and more, until she can get her ranking up to where her level of play is.

Dokic can take this from this year... she was 5 points from beating the number 1 player in the world in Australia, and it was her first GS back. Fast forward to her next grandslam, she is working the number 4 player in the world.

For Dokic, we are talking about real comp. for the top 4 players. She hasnt had to play the Williams sisters, which is good, because they had her number in the past, but the other half of the top 4 she has proven to herself that she can play with them, and that she can beat them.

I also honestly believe she is going to go even higher now, then she did before. We are talking about someone that has alot of experiance with LIFE at this point. Someone who knows that the world is turning outside of these tennis matches, and Dokic isnt afraid to lose. I think this is gonna push her past alot of close matches, and hopefully she can find her form, and get a great draw away from both Sisters at Wimbledon so she can make a run! Id love for her to meet Safina early there...

Great effort Jelena... my heart broke with you when your back went out.. Rest, and make sure its better on time for the grass, and keep on truckin, your about to be rewarded.

Привет
May 28th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Oh, Jelena. :sobbing: Rest up and get the best treatment and make sure this isn't an ongoing problem. :hug:

Lena was obviously struggling out there, but I don't doubt her fighting/grinding abilities on clay for a moment, and no one knows what could have been. Good luck to her for the rest of the tournament. She was sweet as always out there after Jela retired! :awww:

Temperenka
May 28th, 2009, 11:14 PM
My heart aches for Jelena and her fans.
Of all of the people in the draw, I would wish this on her last. She really deserves an opportunity to fulfill her huge potential, and things like this keep happening. :sad:
Get well soon and win Wimbledon.

DokicToServe
May 28th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Rest up Jelena, get well soon and win Wimbledon.

DownTheLine21
May 28th, 2009, 11:33 PM
It really is just soooo sad. A win like this catapults her into a soft draw with tons of money and points to be won. With someone as elusive as Jelena, you never know where she'll go after these heart breaking losses. A few wins at big events keeps her going for a while.

Here's to a healthy Wimbledon.

Exactly. I just hope she can stay motivated and healthy. She played better today than she did at the AO, so hopefully she keeps improving as well.

crazillo
May 28th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Reminds me of ALG's loss to Sharapova in Moscow.

Dave.
May 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I feel for her and her fans, and yes watching that video I am ready to cry. Who knows what would have happened in the match but I think Jelena would have liked the chance to win or lose it, not go out like this. I hope so much that she will play Wimbledon and be 100% for it, she could do so well there.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 28th, 2009, 11:46 PM
JELLY :hug:

southern star
May 28th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Not crying, exactly, but I am sure it is a crushing disappointment for her. She was looking pretty good until the twinge.

charlieluvtennis
May 29th, 2009, 12:03 AM
:awww: Dokic! :hug:

pollison
May 29th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Its really upsetting...POOOR JELENA!!!

I didnt see the match though apparently Dementieva consoled her which is a nice gesture

switz
May 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM
it's very upsetting but if there's one thing Jelena has gained in recent years it's perspective. as long she isn't seriously injured there are still a lot of positives to be taken away from the fact that she was dominating the 4 player in the world.

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 29th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I just watched a video on her retirement... and it was just such a shame... :sad:

Sh'e really growing on me as a fighter now....

Buitenzorg
May 29th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Jelena :sad: I hope you recover and get well soon and ready for Wimbledon ;)

oliverbecken
May 29th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I am :bigcry:

GL for Wimbly :hug:

partbrit
May 29th, 2009, 02:00 AM
I'm really sorry about it. But sports fatigue syndrome causes your muscles to atrophy, so it isn't exactly a surprise. Poor Jelena.

Harvs
May 29th, 2009, 02:01 AM
its bullshit.

Mickey019
May 29th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I'm drunk at the moment... :)

southern star
May 29th, 2009, 02:12 AM
"I'm really sorry about it. But sports fatigue syndrome causes your muscles to atrophy, so it isn't exactly a surprise."

So what causes SFS? It's not as though she's been playing a huge amount.

hdfb
May 29th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Words just can't describe the feelings of Jelena fans, after EVERYTHING that has happened.

I just hope she can not get too down and come back owning people on the grass.

Harvs
May 29th, 2009, 02:24 AM
I'm drunk at the moment... :)

and also fair cool obviously:rolleyes:

~Eclipsed~
May 29th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Sooo depressing :sad:

Not that she needed any motivation to do well before, but I hope this helps her understand that everything happens for a reason and that she has to keep fighting for her ultimate reward. Hopefully that reward is the top 4 or even a slam win. Please keep your chin up, Jelena. :)

Huntress55
May 29th, 2009, 04:09 AM
I cried last night, it was 4am though and I was very overtired, but it was just so depressing.
Seeing it again today on the news it was just as sad.

Steff_forever
May 29th, 2009, 06:16 AM
me , too

:crying2:

LeonHart
May 29th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Poor Dokic, hopefully she's ready for Wimbledon in a few weeks.

Vamos Feńa
May 29th, 2009, 10:00 AM
poor girl, didn't deserve it :sad:
Her life sucks so much that I'd not be surprised if she got injured in a final of Grand Slam or any other major match :( Can't believe this is happening :sobbing:

stefi62
May 29th, 2009, 10:10 AM
A friend of mine saw her arrive in RG this morning, so it seems she may consider playing in doubles...

AaronJoyB
May 29th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Forza Jelly!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

SM
May 29th, 2009, 10:35 AM
thats just the way it goes...sometimes you have bad luck, i just wish this would happen in a match of less importance than a slam.....but sometimes things will go her way too if she perseveres and takes out the positives such as the fact she lay the smack down on elena for a set and a half !!

dany.p
May 29th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Does anyone know what exactly the problem is?

louisa.
May 29th, 2009, 11:34 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry: absolutely shattering :sad: poor girl, can't catch a break :hysteric:

Get better soon Jelena, and get ready to rock Wimby :rocker2: