PDA

View Full Version : Maria last on Chatrier, Venus second on Lenglen :-o!!

chris_d08
May 28th, 2009, 05:56 PM
are they kidding with this??

chris_d08
May 28th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Dinara 2nd on Court 1, Williams doubles last on Court 2

V's a star
May 28th, 2009, 05:57 PM
omg the seriosly need to put venus' ass on Chatrier. ridiculous

mr_parental
May 28th, 2009, 05:58 PM
very silly!

they want her out! :rolleyes:

serenus_2k8
May 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Theyre screwing Venus here...surely neutral fans can see its getting a bit unfair? Also, why the hell MLDB v Rezai is on PC I dont know, Dinara v AP should be a really great match, instead we get the screecher, who I am actually quite looking forward to see for the first time but she shouldnt be on PC while #1 is on court 1.

John.
May 28th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Rezai V MLDB on PC :help:

chris_d08
luckily they had A VERY GREAT DAY TODAY!!

chris_d08
yah this scheduling has been hell for the williams sisters!!

chris_d08
luckily they had A VERY GREAT DAY TODAY!

serenus_2k8
May 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I wouldnt put Maria on PC, Maria v Petrova is a better match than Maria v Shvedova, why is this on PC and the other on SL..

I think Murray has a good match, Nadals match could be really great, and both Ana and Venus have better matches than Maria and Rezai so I would put these 4 on PC. I like the French players, but having them on the show courts gets really tedious.

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I don't care as long as there are streams for the matches I'd like to see :)

Mikey.
May 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I hope Maria doesn't have to play really late :sobbing:

But Gonzo v Ouanna will be a 5 hour 5 setter I bet :o Hopefully Nadal can pwn Hewitt quickly :lol:

iGOAT
May 28th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Well they have to play Venus early since she has to play doubles afterwards, but it is their fault she is in such a jam with doubles anyway :o. The fact that Maria-Shvedova is on Chatrier is very perplexing :scratch:. I see why they put Rezaï...

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 28th, 2009, 06:08 PM

But Gonzo v Ouanna will be a 5 hour 5 setter I bet :o Hopefully Nadal can pwn Hewitt quickly :lol:

You are an Aussie and you say such awful things :tears: Go Lleyton :rocker2:

Effy
May 28th, 2009, 06:09 PM
as long as my faves win i dont care if they play even on court 16.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2009, 06:09 PM
ZOMG!!!111
WTF hateful schedulers need fired?!!
:weirdo:

Seriously, what's the problem here?

Mikey.
May 28th, 2009, 06:11 PM
You are an Aussie and you say such awful things :tears: Go Lleyton :rocker2:

I know I know! :sobbing: But we haven't seen Maria win a few matches in like a year :awww:

Plus Hewitt has got one foot out the door anyway :lol:

Serenita
May 28th, 2009, 06:16 PM
idiots

Iceland
May 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I don't know why people complain between Chartrier & Suzanne Lenglen whereas as regards the coverage it's exactly the same. The view and atmosphere is ten times better on Lenglen than on Chartrier, so the schedule is really fine. I would have put Aravane on Court 1 instead of Safina though but as havinh French girls in the 3rd round is a pretty rare thing...

W2RZeroEight
May 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I think it doesn't matter who is playing who. But Maria had been on Court 1, SL and it's time for her to be on PC. They are giving important players equal chance to be on PC. And french players are important because they are in France thus Rezai on PC!

Cat's Pajamas
May 28th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I think it doesn't matter who is playing who. But Maria had been on Court 1, SL and it's time for her to be on PC. They are giving important players equal chance to be on PC. And french players are important because they are in France thus Rezai on PC!

Venus has been on Lenglen every match too. :wavey:

Jarl_02
May 28th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I am a huge Sharapova fan but I don't think she should be on PC, Safina should be there but maybe who knows, maybe her match is going to be change to another court. Gonzalez's match seems to be a long one and Nadal-Hewitt can be long too.

About Rezai, well she is the only french woman playing tomorrow so it's normal they put her in PC.

Anyway, good luck Maria!

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2009, 06:31 PM
as long as my faves win i dont care if they play even on court 16.

well said:worship::wavey:

Coffee&TV
May 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I don't care where they gonna play as long as they will show Maria's whole match. Hear that Balls!! :o

W2RZeroEight
May 28th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I don't care where they gonna play as long as they will show Maria's whole match. Hear that Balls!! :o

Balls sucks!!! thank god for livestream, otherwise there's no way for me to watch Maria's match! :fiery:

friendsita
May 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM
wth

TheFifthAvocado
May 28th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I guess I can be considered a Venus hater but the two premier 3r matches should be on Chatrier (Venus-Szavay and Safina-Pavlyuchenkova) :o

Aravanecaravan
May 28th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Aravane Rezai is the most recent tournament winner, she's popular, pretty and playing a controversial, hyped opponent in front of her home crowd. This is what the French want to see. Some of you really need a reality check. Were it an early round in the US Open, we'd be treated to some hack American ranked outside the top 100 playing another hack American ranked outside the top 100. Lighten up. It's the FRENCH Open.

serenus_2k8
May 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Aravane Rezai is the most recent tournament winner, she's popular, pretty and playing a controversial, hyped opponent in front of her home crowd. This is what the French want to see. Some of you really need a reality check. Were it an early round in the US Open, we'd be treated to some hack American ranked outside the top 100 playing another hack American ranked outside the top 100. Lighten up. It's the FRENCH Open.

Oh how cud I forget! Well that certainly makes much more sense now!

Dinara and Vee deserve PC. Vee hasnt had a chance to play there now and deserves a chance to see what the conditions are like. Plus its a faster court so she would do well there.

joćo.
May 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Adal
May 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I hope Maria's match won't be suspended :(

Sylvester
May 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Michelle vs Rezai on Chartier :hearts:

I hope Michelle yells as high as she can, so she can annoy all her haters! :hearts:

MaBaker
May 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
At least she's not on court 18.

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM

Dinara and Vee deserve PC. Vee hasnt had a chance to play there now and deserves a chance to see what the conditions are like. Plus its a faster court so she would do well there.

exactly, SL is the slowest court there, and the first two they put her on at night when it was damp and slow. Its like they want Venus to go home... anyways, keep venus out there maybe she'll hold onto some magic and keep winning matches that way...

I think its a bit ridiculous that the #1 seed is on court 1 though...... that said its not as bad as having the 4 time and 2 time Wimbledon and champions chill out at court 2 all day like Wimbledon likes to do....

I'll be interested to see the schedule this year. If Venus steps off center court all tournament someone should be slapped.

-VSR-
May 28th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Venus couldn't be the last match on PC because she has a doubles match to play too. It makes the most sense to put her on second on SL.

Peterk07
May 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I dont undertand this "omg xy got Lenglen but deserves Chatrier" nonsense and who deserves what. No one deserves anything, It's the second round. Get to the finals and you'll get Chatrier. Former RG champion Ferrero is playing right now on court 17. If he can do that, everybody can do that.

Polikarpov
May 28th, 2009, 07:26 PM

Well Balls doesn't have a say on the coverage because they just give provide us the international feed. I actually think that we get a fair amount of men's and women's matches.

Seriously, considering Venus' past results in RG, she's lucky to be playing all her matches so far in Lenglen.

madmax
May 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I dont undertand this "omg xy got Lenglen but deserves Chatrier" nonsense and who deserves what. No one deserves anything, It's the second round. Get to the finals and you'll get Chatrier. Former RG champion Ferrero is playing right now on court 17. If he can do that, everybody can do that.

well said:worship: Some people just feel the need to whine all the time, and they nitpicking every single damn thing which doesn't suit their own agenda...I agree that tournament probably should be organised better scheduling wise - two or three matches are unfinished everyday, why not to start an hour earlier?:rolleyes: But there is really no need to start crying if your favorite player doesn't get Center Court - at the end of the day organisers are putting the most marketable names and their home grown players on main courts, that's what crowd and TV viewers want as well. I bet Rezai - De Brito duel would be a lot more interesting to a casual spectator than to watch stellar, but quite boring Safina cruising...that's the fact of life, so get on with it

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 07:30 PM

Ugh it better not, I'm gonna be at that court all matches, and I don't feel like sitting there till midnight :o :o :o

Uranium
May 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM
The only problems I have is Safina-Pavly not being on a bigger court and Maria being on Chatrier. I don't care about where Venus plays, but I am glad it's Lenglen since she should be used to those courts:p

AnnaK_4ever
May 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Safina v Pavlyuchenkova will be another 62 61 win for Dinara.
Sharapova will play on one of the center courts for the first time.
Venus plays on the Lenglen.

What's the problem?

Aravanecaravan
May 28th, 2009, 07:42 PM

You act like playing on center court is an entitlement. I hate to break it to you, but it isn't. The players who advance in the tournament will eventually get there, but there is absolutely no reason any particular player should play all their matches on the show courts.

Let me ask it to you this way--how many tickets do you plan on buying to CC for tomorrow? That many? I thought so.

They want to sell tickets, not please TV audiences from other countries. That is the bottom line. And I have yet to see the French crowds embrace either Williams sister...

You can always go buy a ticket and airfare to go see your player, you know.

morningglory
May 28th, 2009, 07:42 PM
SL and PC are both main show courts :shrug: it's not like Venus was moved to Court 10 or smthg...

CORIA01
May 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I don't see any problems at all!

starin
May 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
RG treats Venus better than Wimbledon does :tape::help:
Wimbledon tries to put Venus on the lowest court possible. Hell last year as defending champion she only played on Center Court in her opening match and then didn't play there again until the SF:tape::help:

I don't care about the court but it seems unfair to force Venus to play so early considering she's been forced to play until 9/10 pm the last 3 days.

Matt01
May 28th, 2009, 07:48 PM
omg the seriosly need to put venus' ass on Chatrier.

Why? :rolleyes:

AnnaK_4ever
May 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I don't care about the court but it seems unfair to force Venus to play so early considering she's been forced to play until 9/10 pm the last 3 days.

So early? 2 pm is "so early" ?
And she has the doubles match to play later on Friday, btw.

serenus_2k8
May 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
You act like playing on center court is an entitlement. I hate to break it to you, but it isn't. The players who advance in the tournament will eventually get there, but there is absolutely no reason any particular player should play all their matches on the show courts.

Let me ask it to you this way--how many tickets do you plan on buying to CC for tomorrow? That many? I thought so.

They want to sell tickets, not please TV audiences from other countries. That is the bottom line. And I have yet to see the French crowds embrace either Williams sister...

You can always go buy a ticket and airfare to go see your player, you know.

Why are you talking to yourself?? :tape:

The center court tickets sell out ages in advance, people would certainly not stop buying them because Venus was selected to play her R3 match there :rolleyes: Its not just about Venus deserving it more, her match is the better match, and she has been forced to play in awful conditions last year that cost her her place in the tournament, and now this year rather than apologising to the former finalist, multiple slam champion, they treat her the same way, playing on the slow courts in very cold, damp conditions. The French crowds embrace fighters and Frenchies, thats about as far as it goes, hence they are known for their lack of class.

Vee having to grind ALL her matches on slower courts while others get the faster courts is unfair IMO. You can bet your house that if Vee and Masha meet in QF they will play on PC, the faster court, and if Maria has a match under her belt there and Vee doesnt its an unfair advantage. :shrug: Its no outrageous scandal but I think for whatever reason, the organisers dont seem to cut Vee much slack.

Craig.
May 28th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Tbh, Maria deserved to be on Chatrier earlier (against Petrova) :shrug: During that match, Bud Collins said that he couldn't believe the amount of people waiting to get into Lenglen and watch Maria. And Venus was scheduled on Chatrier for her 2nd round match against Safarova (before it was moved the next day), so it's not as if they never even considered her.

darkangel5452
May 28th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Vee having to grind ALL her matches on slower courts while others get the faster courts is unfair IMO. You can bet your house that if Vee and Masha meet in QF they will play on PC, the faster court, and if Maria has a match under her belt there and Vee doesnt its an unfair advantage. :shrug: Its no outrageous scandal but I think for whatever reason, the organisers dont seem to cut Vee much slack.

You need to stop this, Venus is not good on clay, put her court1 or PC, or whatever won't change anything, if she lose tomorrow, it will only be because she is not good enough, courts have nothing to do with it.

doujyr
May 28th, 2009, 08:10 PM
World no 1 and no 1 seed playing on court 1 is shocking

Aravanecaravan
May 28th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Why are you talking to yourself?? :tape:

The center court tickets sell out ages in advance, people would certainly not stop buying them because Venus was selected to play her R3 match there :rolleyes: Its not just about Venus deserving it more, her match is the better match, and she has been forced to play in awful conditions last year that cost her her place in the tournament, and now this year rather than apologising to the former finalist, multiple slam champion, they treat her the same way, playing on the slow courts in very cold, damp conditions. The French crowds embrace fighters and Frenchies, thats about as far as it goes, hence they are known for their lack of class.

I think that's missing the mark entirely. If the concern is about players all getting a fair taste of CC, then what about players like Kuznetsova who are almost always relegated to one of the outer courts in the early rounds of a slam. She's played the best clay court tennis of anyone outside of Safina, and she's relegated to being a mere blip on the radar this week.

I can understand your partiality, but the fact is that Venus has been on a show court all three rounds now, and Serena both of hers, so they cannot possibly complain about anything but the timing issue. I don't buy the court speed argument at all. It's clay. It's supposed to be slow. Whether it varies a little from court to court is irrelevant. The same court in different conditions will vary enough to make this a totally irrelevant argument. Top players should be able to handle changing conditions. No one "deserves" an advantage, or perceived advantage.

At the US Open, the Williams rarely ever have to play a match off of Ashe. This isn't Queens. The French organizers know best what their fans want and who they want to see.

atptour03
May 28th, 2009, 08:13 PM
exactly, SL is the slowest court there, and the first two they put her on at night when it was damp and slow. Its like they want Venus to go home... anyways, keep venus out there maybe she'll hold onto some magic and keep winning matches that way...

I think its a bit ridiculous that the #1 seed is on court 1 though...... that said its not as bad as having the 4 time and 2 time Wimbledon and champions chill out at court 2 all day like Wimbledon likes to do....

I'll be interested to see the schedule this year. If Venus steps off center court all tournament someone should be slapped.

You are so right. I'm telling you, no matter how easy Venus' match will be; if she plays one match below Court 1, someone from the All-England club needs to be slapped the f**k out. Sorry for the language. But last year really upset me that they put a 4-time (now 5-time) champ on Court 2. That was a slap in the face. Venus deserves nothing but respect from them. She truly is a Wimbledon legend.

AnnaK_4ever
May 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
World no 1 and no 1 seed playing on court 1 is shocking

Dinara already played 60 60 and 61 61 matches on the Chatrier. Another beatdown doesn't deserve to be put on the main courts.

V's a star
May 28th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Why? :rolleyes:

uhhh cuz shes the 2nd biggest draw in the tournament. She hasnt played there yet she needs to get used to the conditions and she deserves it after the royally fucked her the other day :shrug:

Why not?

Matt01
May 28th, 2009, 08:31 PM
uhhh cuz shes the 2nd biggest draw in the tournament. She hasnt played there yet she needs to get used to the conditions and she deserves it after the royally fucked her the other day :shrug:

Why not?

Venus has an extremely poor record at RG in recent years and no, she is not the 2nd biggest draw in the tournament. The two biggest stars currently are Serena and Pova. Putting Venus on Lenglen as the 2nd biggest court is already very generous IMO.

V's a star
May 28th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Venus has an extremely poor record at RG in recent years and no, she is not the 2nd biggest draw in the tournament. The two biggest stars currently are Serena and Pova. Putting Venus on Lenglen as the 2nd biggest court is already very generous IMO.

Sharapova??:lol: ok matt keep living in ur fantasy land the sisters are the biggest draw anywhere. Then why was Venus on Chatrier for her 1st 3 matches last year? I really dont have time for ur ridiculous/pointless arguments today just stfu and leave me alone :wavey:

vw.
May 28th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Pfft, I'd rather Court 1. Venus always wins on Court 1. :angel:

vml
May 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
well, i think it's not that horrible for her to be on SL. I mean, SL is a show court and clay is supposed to be slow and tmorrow it'll be like 23 degrees or smthing, it will be pretty hot so it's not such a huge deal !

Matt01
May 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Sharapova??:lol: ok matt keep living in ur fantasy land the sisters are the biggest draw anywhere. Then why was Venus on Chatrier for her 1st 3 matches last year? I really dont have time for ur ridiculous/pointless arguments today just stfu and leave me alone :wavey:

Still living in the past? Well, as a Venus fan I'd probably do the same :hug:

BTW, you are seriously deluded besides.

court70
May 28th, 2009, 09:01 PM
You need to stop this, Venus is not good on clay, put her court1 or PC, or whatever won't change anything, if she lose tomorrow, it will only be because she is not good enough, courts have nothing to do with it.

Stop talking crap you do realize that Venus has more clay court titles than any of the players on the WTA at this moment....right.

volta
May 28th, 2009, 09:02 PM
It's nothing more than racism and when it's brought to people's attention they jump down your throat and talk crap. They have no respect for V&S because they are black plain and simple.

Never in doubt. Do you know now pathetic you sound screaming over and over again the same bs? Give us Williams fans a rest ffs

court70
May 28th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Never in doubt. Do you know now pathetic you sound screaming over and over again the same bs? Give us Williams fans a rest ffs

Why for telling the truth that Prasian are racist towards the sisters.....you have got to be kidding me it cannot be any clearer what they are doing to the sisters.

mckyle.
May 28th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Who CARES?? It's a tennis court! :lol:

mckyle.
May 28th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Why for telling the truth that Prasian are racist towards the sisters.....you have got to be kidding me it cannot be any clearer what they are doing to the sisters.

The Parisian crowd dislikes white players too. Up until this year, Maria was always hated, and they only like her this year because she's the underdog. And let's not forget Hingis. The crowd tried their hardest to make her lose that final in 1999.

And what about Tsonga and Ouanna? The French crowd adores them :) They loved Yannick Noah too.

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 09:16 PM
The Parisian crowd dislikes white players too. Up until this year, Maria was always hated, and they only like her this year because she's the underdog. And let's not forget Hingis. The crowd tried their hardest to make her lose that final in 1999.

And what about Tsonga and Ouanna? The French crowd adores them :) They loved Yannick Noah too.

The Parisian crowd likes smaller players that haven't won a lot, they want everyone to have a chance and they love players that dig deep to win their matches.

They didn't like Hingis because she wasn't miss sweetness. It's weird to say, french people can be arrogant (just like any other nationality) but they can't stand other people being it.

They will always love french-speaking players, which is quite normal.

Slammer7
May 28th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I'm not one to complain about which court, just the timing. Venus should have never started her match yesterday, there was no way in hell they could have finished the match with that little daylight, unless it was 1 and 2 in 55 minutes and that wasn't going to happen. As far as those who say the organizers know what they are doing. Are you kidding me? :confused:They have had how many matches suspended so far?:o They have had to move how many matches so far?:o They have not considered which match-ups would take 20 years and scheduled accordingly. A lot of players and fanbases are pissed at the stupid scheduling and the lack of consideration to the players. Also if success or lack of recent success at a major dictated court assignments then Murray should be on court 5 and Sampras should have never seen the inside of PC. Oh and about the U.S Open, there is no way a men's player outside of the top 100 who isn't playing a star gets Ashe. Yes the Open can be biased, prime example how they screwed everybody over to favor Roddick and Agassi in 2003, but they don't put scrub Americans on Ashe if they are playing fellow scrubs. It also isn't a fair comparison, because the U.S Open has night matches and play gets finished everyday by hook or by crook if the weather is fine. When ever you have a slam that is limited by daylight(Wimbledon, FO) you are going to have these problems. The broadcasters are also complaining about the scheduling so it's not just posters on this board.

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2009, 09:22 PM
The Parisian crowd likes smaller players that haven't won a lot, they want everyone to have a chance and they love players that dig deep to win their matches.

They didn't like Hingis because she wasn't miss sweetness. It's weird to say, french people can be arrogant (just like any other nationality) but they can't stand other people being it.

They will always love french-speaking players, which is quite normal.

The french and the Italians are by FAR the worse.....nice try though... I'll agree with the rest though.

iPatty
May 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM
The moaning and whining about court assignments is really quite ridiculous. I won't even comment on these fools and their racism :bs:.

psichogauchovna said it best on the opening page of this thread--who cares where your favorites play? At this level, winning is all that matters.

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM
The french and the Italians are by FAR the worse.....nice try though... I'll agree with the rest though.

True but only those few arrogant people make stereotypes of a whole nation, from all the places I've visited, I can tell all those assumptions are wrong, French people can be very nice and warm if they want to.

Uranium
May 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM
It's nothing more than racism and when it's brought to people's attention they jump down your throat and talk crap. They have no respect for V&S because they are black plain and simple.

Do you seriously believe this?

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2009, 09:27 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

then they'd have put Monfils and Ouanna on an outside court
and that French choker Mathieu on PC wouldnt they :o :o

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM

Stop pulling the racism card, it's so old. If it was because they were black, how do you explain them not discriminating :

Tsonga (black)
Monfils (black)
Ouanna (black)

I don't think french discriminate black people, since there are more colored people in Paris than white people.

Vaidisova Ruled
May 28th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Yes it's racism.
They want Venus to lose and they want to watch the hyped Great White Hope.
Really who cares it's just a court.
For her first Match Maria was on court 1 too.
And even Nadal (4x champion) played on Susanne Lenglen. If Nadal did that, then Venus can too.

I love both players but these discussions are ridiculous

volta
May 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM

Yes that also explains their hate towards Monfils, Tsongaa and Ouanna rigth? Oh wait they are all french so they have to hide their racism because of the media... I guess that they were also racist when they started to hate on Maria and Hingis for example.

Hopefully this will help you see how dumb u sound but i have my doubts

V's a star
May 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Still living in the past? Well, as a Venus fan I'd probably do the same :hug:

BTW, you are seriously deluded besides.

wow this boi (or very old lonely man) is seriously retarded. Do u ever notice im sure u do, wen u reply to anyones post u take the most meaningless part of it and make sum other crazy comment so u dont have to answer the real questions. Because u know ur wrong and a trollish fool which u have admitted several times. If ur gonna come at me come at me real. if not STFU!!!! AND LEAVE ME ALONE

sammy01
May 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
ZOMG!!!111
WTF hateful schedulers need fired?!!
:weirdo:

Seriously, what's the problem here?

i don't understand either :help:

kris719
May 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
only on tennisforum can a 6 page thread exist whining about scheduling :tape:

sammy01
May 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
btw i've reported court70 and would implore others to do so, especialy williams fans, because posters like him really do get peoples backs up and garner more hate towards williams/williams fans with constant racism talk.

Serenita
May 28th, 2009, 10:05 PM
only on tennisforum can a 6 page thread exist whining about scheduling :tape:
why not start your own forum?
there you can post your own threads, and remove meaningless " threads" ;)
Mr ADMIN;)

kris719
May 28th, 2009, 10:11 PM
why not start your own forum?
there you can post your own threads, and remove meaningless " threads" ;)
Mr ADMIN;)

i was merely noting the obsession some people have around here with scheduling. no need to get snide.

LightWarrior
May 28th, 2009, 10:25 PM

They always put French players on Chatrier. Mauresmo may be ranked #100 she would still play on PC.
But I do agree, officials here are the worst at scheduling matches. Venus complained about it. How many matches have been suspended due to the dark ? A lot. It has rained very little. This is unacceptable. Start GS match when they schedulers know it will not be completed. Total lack of respect for the players. Wimbledon, despite all the rain is way better.

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Yes it's racism.
They want Venus to lose and they want to watch the hyped Great White Hope.
Really who cares it's just a court.
For her first Match Maria was on court 1 too.
And even Nadal (4x champion) played on Susanne Lenglen. If Nadal did that, then Venus can too.

I love both players but these discussions are ridiculous

AMEN.

In The Zone
May 28th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I guess I can be considered a Venus hater but the two premier 3r matches should be on Chatrier (Venus-Szavay and Safina-Pavlyuchenkova) :o

I can't believe I am going to say this but ....... the scheduling by the RG organizers is getting a little strange.

Yes, Venus has doubles last on Court 2. Singles comes before doubles. Venus is put on Lenglen, again, knowing the clay is a bit slower. I think they want the Americans to go down ..

I hope I'm just paranoid but it is getting a little too coincidental considering Venus/Szavay on paper is the best 3R on this side of the draw. [Venus has yet to play on Chatrier, too. Sharapova/Shvedova on Chatrier? :weirdo:]

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
The women should be honored to play on such a nice court as Lenglen. All this whining is pathetic.

Sharapova's a big draw, maybe they saw people clamoring around Lenglen to see her match the other day and decided it was her turn to have a match on Chatrier. If the schedulers did this all on purpose to favor Maria, wouldn't they have wanted Pova to take on Petrova on the "fastest" court too?

Dodoboy.
May 28th, 2009, 11:43 PM
btw i've reported court70 and would implore others to do so, especialy williams fans, because posters like him really do get peoples backs up and garner more hate towards williams/williams fans with constant racism talk.

FIND PROBLEMS with people INDIVIDUALLY and not as groups!

darrinbaker00
May 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Theyre screwing Venus here...surely neutral fans can see its getting a bit unfair? Also, why the hell MLDB v Rezai is on PC I dont know, Dinara v AP should be a really great match, instead we get the screecher, who I am actually quite looking forward to see for the first time but she shouldnt be on PC while #1 is on court 1.

Rezai is French. Safina isn't. End of story.

In The Zone
May 28th, 2009, 11:55 PM
The women should be honored to play on such a nice court as Lenglen. All this whining is pathetic.

Sharapova's a big draw, maybe they saw people clamoring around Lenglen to see her match the other day and decided it was her turn to have a match on Chatrier. If the schedulers did this all on purpose to favor Maria, wouldn't they have wanted Pova to take on Petrova on the "fastest" court too?

I'm not so sure it is about Maria as much as it is about Venus. I hope I'm wrong and just being stupid.

pollison
May 29th, 2009, 12:00 AM
What the!
HOW STUPID are the FRENCH!

Ohk fair enough Nadal gets on to PC - Hewitt although a fallen star is still a big name in world tennis.
Sharapova though - seriously Shedova who>>??? They should of had her last match on PC!
MLDB V Rezai - ridic if you ask me....like true she is French but put her on court 1 so the public can see her and get behind her without paying $$$.
IN Australia they use the Margaret Court Arena (court 1) for a lot of Aussie matches so the Aussie crowd can pack and really get behind their charger.
The Gonzo match also.....wth Court 1.

Then on Lenglen
VENUS v AGNES!!!! (probably match of the day for women)
Murray's match should be good quality aswell.

On court 1
SAFINA>>>>WTH!!!!!!!!
Her opponent is an up and comer and this well could cause a good match!

argh...silly French

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 12:00 AM
I'm not so sure it is about Maria as much as it is about Venus. I hope I'm wrong and just being stupid.

Are you honestly picturing French men in suits having a chuckle over sending Venus out to play on Lenglen since it's so "slow"?

If that's the case, you get what you hope for. :lol:

Dave.
May 29th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Putting someone on Lenglen instead of Chatrier is NOT a ploy to get them sent home early :rolls: Bloody hell. There's very little difference between the courts in terms of speed, and as far as status goes, there is NO difference whatsoever. Just because a match is put on Chatrier over Lenglen does not mean those players are being treated better, or that the match is a better one. They are both equal stadium courts.

V's a star
May 29th, 2009, 12:04 AM

:lol:Exactly I cud care less wat other williams fans say its not my job to correct them. If dumb ass people think one or two fans represent a whole base (which lots do) then let them, they obviously need an excuse to hate. Get over urself sammy alot worse people need to be reported

Ryan
May 29th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Maybe people here should spend more time cheering for their favorites instead of bitching about where they play. :o

H.A.M.
May 29th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Do you seriously believe this?

Yes he does. He's bijoux soulmate:tape::help:

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 12:11 AM

Yeah, and that's why Dumberena bought a flat in Paris some years ago : girl can't stay away from the racists.
Masorena ? http://yelims5.free.fr/Violence/Violence03.gif

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 12:11 AM
:lol:Exactly I cud care less wat other williams fans say its not my job to correct them. If dumb ass people think one or two fans represent a whole base (which lots do) then let them, they obviously need an excuse to hate. Get over urself sammy alot worse people need to be reported

Except that you're in here more supporting sammy's point than dodoboy's. :tape:

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 12:15 AM

or you could wise up and realise people generalise in life. if you have 30 kids in a class and 5 are disruptive the class will get labeled as a 'bad' class, if williams fans realised that posters like court70 give them a bad image and actively reported when they started spouting shit, then maybe people would be more receptive to them.

the response you just made is so stupid, because you will generalise yourself as a williams fans collective, when theres claims you as a fanbase are mistreated ect.

charmedRic
May 29th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Maybe people here should spend more time cheering for their favorites instead of bitching about where they play. :o

:lol: but that would actually make sense. :worship:

gmokb
May 29th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I couldn't careless where they play as long as they win, not even concern with coverage, my stinking sports channels will not carry it anyway.

LoveMeansZero
May 29th, 2009, 12:20 AM
If they put Gilles Simon on Suzanne Lenglen, that means there must be no difference between the 2 courts. What is really surprising is Safina playing on Court 1!

In The Zone
May 29th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah, and that's why Dumberena bought a flat in Paris some years ago : girl can't stay away from the racists.
Masorena ? http://yelims5.free.fr/Violence/Violence03.gif

:worship: Loves it. :lol:

V's a star
May 29th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Except that you're in here more supporting sammy's point than dodoboy's. :tape:

how so? id really like to know

Dawn Marie
May 29th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I still chuckle about that time when the RG organisers watered down the courts right before Serena played Amelie. Serena was so pissed off that she DESTROYED Amelie that day. I felt so bad for Momo. It wasn't her fault that the racist organizers did that. It was justyfying seeing Serena kick her ass though that day. She kicked the racist establishment right along with Amelie's ass. :)

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 12:53 AM
how so? id really like to know

You're going along with the pack mentality, posting equally retarded bullshit.

Ryan
May 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
I still chuckle about that time when the RG organisers watered down the courts right before Serena played Amelie. Serena was so pissed off that she DESTROYED Amelie that day. I felt so bad for Momo. It wasn't her fault that the racist organizers did that. It was justyfying seeing Serena kick her ass though that day. She kicked the racist establishment right along with Amelie's ass. :)

:o Persecution complex?

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 12:55 AM

I'd bet if they let the clay get dry and it flew up into Serena's eye, you'd find a way to put a racist spin on that too. :haha:

G1Player2
May 29th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I'd bet if they let the clay get dry and it flew up into Serena's eye, you'd find a way to put a racist spin on that too. :haha:

:rolleyes: Even Pam today said the French crowd need to show some respect towards Venus and Serena. Even if they aren't racist the fact that they are heckling to black American females makes the perception that they are bigoted.

Ryan
May 29th, 2009, 12:58 AM
:rolleyes: Even Pam today said the French crowd need to show some respect towards Venus and Serena. Even if they aren't racist the fact that they are heckling to black American females makes the perception that they are bigoted.

So they should shut their mouths so you don't think they're racist? Maybe, you should just RELAX.

G1Player2
May 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM
So they should shut their mouths so you don't think they're racist? Maybe, you should just RELAX.

They should shut their mouths if they are heckling and jeering. :rolleyes: Do you have a problem with that? And, the fact that Venus and Serena have gotten it the worse than the other players I've seen does make the perception that the crowd is bigoted/racist legitimate. Now, I am not saying they are racist but the fact that their sneers have been more directed towards the WS is odd.

H.A.M.
May 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM

THey just hate on big players with attitude! Since when Pova get the ghetto card too? Some of you are over the top I swear. I know Hingis dated some brothers in her hoe hey days too but that doesn't make her half black, but still the crowd booed her properly. This has NOTHING to do with skin color.

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 01:09 AM
THey just hate on big players with attitude! Since when Pova get the ghetto card too? Some of you are over the top I swear. I know Hingis dated some brothers in her hoe hey days too but that doesn't make her half black, but still the crowd booed her properly. This has NOTHING to do with skin color.

They have even booed Pierce and Capriati off the court.

Hell, they EGGED Sandrine Testud!

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 01:10 AM

It's your own ignorance, along with Dawn's, that would lead you to believe that the court being watered is some racist ploy. So don't roll your eyes at me. You look foolish.

In The Zone
May 29th, 2009, 01:12 AM
They should shut their mouths if they are heckling and jeering. :rolleyes: Do you have a problem with that? And, the fact that Venus and Serena have gotten it the worse than the other players I've seen does make the perception that the crowd is bigoted/racist legitimate. Now, I am not saying they are racist but the fact that their sneers have been more directed towards the WS is odd.

It is directed at Americans. Ouanna, Monfils, and Tsonga are not treated the way Serena and Venus are.

Slammer7

Really?:eek: Who? Please do tell.

V's a star
You're going along with the pack mentality, posting equally retarded bullshit.

pack mentality :lol: Now where animals. I have absolutely no idea wat your talking about. What i dont get is how ur saying im agreeing with Sammy? When all i said is i dont think its my job to correct others fans because we have the same favorite, which is the exact opposite of what sammy01 said :cuckoo:

When i ask u to explain urself im suddenly in a pack of a Williams Sister wolves and posting other retarded shit? What shit wud that be? i said is "shes the 2nd biggest draw in the tournament. She hasnt, played there yet for 3 matches, she needs to get used to the conditions and she deserves it after the royally fucked her the other day" yes it may have been blunt but i was speaking to the most vile creature on TF...
All of those reasons are legitimate and nothing to do with race (which is what ur complaining about rite? cuz im really not sure ur flip flopping)

G1Player2
May 29th, 2009, 01:14 AM
It is directed at Americans. Ouanna, Monfils, and Tsonga are not treated the way Serena and Venus are.

The players you mentioned are FRENCH. It's easy to let feelings of bigotry, racism and ignorance to subside when you have player's from your own country playing. :shrug:

G1Player2
May 29th, 2009, 01:17 AM
It's your own ignorance, along with Dawn's, that would lead you to believe that the court being watered is some racist ploy. So don't roll your eyes at me. You look foolish.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Dawn said that, not me. I just find the French jeering and booing Venus and Serena more than any other player to be very suspect.

In The Zone
May 29th, 2009, 01:17 AM
The players you mentioned are FRENCH. It's easy to let feelings of bigotry, racism and ignorance to subside when you have player's from your own country playing. :shrug:

I see. So there is an excuse for everything.

G1Player2
May 29th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I see. So there is an excuse for everything.

No excuses, just the facts. I mean, you are a liberal white who grew up in the suberbs so you don't know what it is to be black. Besides that, for only casual fans watching tennis, the perception that a crowd is racist for booing Serena and Venus wouldn't be too far off if that's what they believed.

G1Player2
May 29th, 2009, 01:21 AM
.................................................. ..

Guess the truth hurts ITZ. :shrug:

In The Zone
May 29th, 2009, 01:21 AM
No excuses, just the facts. I mean, you are a liberal white who grew up in the suberbs so you don't know what it is to be black. Besides that, for only casual fans watching tennis, the perception that a crowd is racist for booing Serena and Venus wouldn't be too far off if that's what they believed.

In The Zone
May 29th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Guess the truth hurts ITZ. :shrug:

I didn't want to question it further.

How do you explain the crowds getting on Sharapova in 2008 then?

Cp6uja
May 29th, 2009, 01:23 AM
This schedule don't have sense at all. They don't put yesterday Sharapova/Petrova match (former#1 vs former#3 showdown) on Central Court (Chatrier), but tomorrow when Maria will play against Shvedova (never TOP50) they put her there :confused:

But what is really bad is that they put Rezai to play on Central Court against still non-TOP100 de Brito. Wildcard Ouanna will played already his 2nd match on Chatrier but TOP10 Simon both his matches not played there. Also best ranked French WTA player in Draw right now Virginie Razzano played in 1st Round against former TOP5 Hantuchova and in 2nd Round vs current TOP20 player and claycourt specialist Medina - but that is not enough for organizers to put her on Chatrier or even Lenglen at least once so far, but for out of TOP50 Rezai no problem, even if she played vs non TOP100 opponent and she take that place on central court instead current world #1 and last season finalist Safina, WTA#3 Venus Williams (former #1 and 7 time GS Champion) and defending champion Ana Ivanovic (#8 seed now, but also former #1) - and all of this three played tomorrow vs SEEDED opponents!?!?

Simple BRAINLESS...

If they better use brain Friday schedule should be:
1. Rezai/Brito should be on Court 1 instead Chatrier.
2. Sharapova/Shvedova should be on Lenglen instead Chatrier.
3. Out of matches: Safina(1)/Pavlyuchenkova(27), Venus(3)/Szavay(26), Ivanovic(8)/Benesova(32) - 2 should be on Chatrier and 1 on Lenglen (instead 2 on Lenglen and 1 on Court 1).

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Really?:eek: Who? Please do tell.

Sol Campbell (football player)

Dave.
May 29th, 2009, 01:24 AM

Since when was racism divided like that?

I've read plenty on here complain the US OPEN crowd unfairly treats Serena and Venus because of their skin colour. Indian Wells?

AcesHigh
May 29th, 2009, 01:25 AM
G1Player is insane. :lol: I dont know why you guys bother with it.

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 01:27 AM

:sad: I bother with it a few times each year.

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Stop putting words in my mouth. Dawn said that, not me. I just find the French jeering and booing Venus and Serena more than any other player to be very suspect.

Why are you rolling your eyes at me for correcting Dawn, then? Obsessed much? :weirdo:

alwayshingis
May 29th, 2009, 01:31 AM
In any other circumstance I would complain about Rezai/Larcher De Brito on Chatrier, but any chance for the Chatrier crowd to react to Michelle's grunt (fingers crossed for a close match) is golden.

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 01:36 AM
:haha:

Ryan
May 29th, 2009, 01:40 AM

So because you're black, and grew up in the suburbs, you know more about Parisian tennis crowds being bigoted? More like, you're more sensitive to perceived bigotry. :shrug:

Slammer7
May 29th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Sol Campbell (football player)

Thanks for the info. WOW :eek:
http://j.bdbphotos.com/pictures/D/9L/D9K6C1C_large.jpg

court70
May 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM

You just can't handle the truth. Then please tell me why they are screwing with Venus and Serena with the scheduling from the time this tournament started. Do you have another explanation if so please share.

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 01:45 AM

http://www.scottsmind.com/cartoons/scottsmind/paranoia.gif

Lucas_Arg
May 29th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I don't see any problem with the schedule :shrug:
They are putting the stars on the main court.

TennisViewer531
May 29th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I guess the FO organizers are just as bitter as Marion B.

AcesHigh
May 29th, 2009, 01:51 AM
btw, do you think Venus and Dinara care? They are professionals and worldclass players. Yes, the scheduling is weird, but if they lose, it wont be because of scheduling.

Hope Venus and Dinara win quickly and that Pova gives the Chartrier crowd a match to remember.

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 01:52 AM
You just can't handle the truth. Then please tell me why they are screwing with Venus and Serena with the scheduling from the time this tournament started. Do you have another explanation if so please share.

http://freakshowplanet.com/images/laughs/demotivators/Demotivators-5112.jpg

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 01:54 AM

You're one of the few who think they're being screwed with. You tell us.

canuckfan
May 29th, 2009, 02:04 AM

I have one :wavey:

The organizers have to find a court for:
-Two defending champions
-Two world number ones
-Multiple past champions
-Multiple past slam champions
-Multiple former number ones
-8 top four seeds
-Multiple french players

Don't you see that no matter what, someone will get a better schedule and someone will not? Of course, because you absolutly want to find something wrong with the Williams scheduling, you will only look at their matches. So you should check the scheduling for all the players in this list, make a nice graph with MS Excel, share your groundbreaking conclusions with us. And then maybe we'll take your conspiracy theories seriously.

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Oh my! Reason! :cry:

Peterk07
May 29th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I have one :wavey:

:worship:

In the end it's funny. Funny to read these long threads about shceduling at each and every single grand slam. It doesn't matter if it's AO, RG, Wimbly or USO, - there are always people who complain about cheduling of their favs. And what is even funnier is that most of the time these fans are fans of one of the Williamses or fans of Masha. Fans of players who usually play on showcourts. :lol:

Anyway, the shedule maker should be a well-paid person, because he/she has to put at least Rafa, Rog, Novak, the french mens squad (Monfils, Tsonga, etc) then Ana, Jelena, french women squad (a lots of players), Masha, the Williamses and then finally a battalion of top/good/interesting/former champ players starting from Safin to Roddick or from Demi to Dokic onto the same 2 courts, and then make it divide evenly between men and women and also fit in between the possible 11am-21pm time frame. I'm sure the organizers were actually relieved when Momo dropped out so early. One problem solved. :)

The Kaz
May 29th, 2009, 03:26 AM

Rezai is french you idiot! :weirdo:

Cp6uja
May 29th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Rezai is french you idiot! :weirdo:Simon is TOP10 player and also French, but today will play (vs seeded opponent) his 2nd match in the row on Lenglen. French-women Razzano is way better ranked than compatriot Rezai and her both opponents Hantuchova and Medina is way better ranked than De Brito, but she still not played this season at any bigger court in Paris so far than Court 1.

This Schedule is simple stupid.

When Maria played last round against TOP10 seed Nadia Petrova which is former #3 and two time Roland Garros semifinalist, and Ana played against out of TOP50 Tanasugarn which just once in 12 seasons reach RG 3rd round - they put Ana on Chatrier and Maria/Nadia on Lenglen. But today when Ana plays vs seeded Benesova and Maria played vs qualifier Shvedova which just 2nd time in her life survive GS 1st round there - they Put Maria on Chatrier and Ana on Lenglen.

I don't see any logic.

WIMBLY2004
May 29th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Simon is TOP10 player and also French, but today will play (vs seeded opponent) his 2nd match in the row on Lenglen. French-women Razzano is way better ranked than compatriot Rezai and her both opponents Hantuchova and Medina is way better ranked than De Brito, but she still not played this season at any bigger court in Paris so far than Court 1.

This Schedule is simple stupid.

When Maria played last round against TOP10 seed Nadia Petrova which is former #3 and two time Roland Garros semifinalist, and Ana played against out of TOP50 Tanasugarn which just once in 12 seasons reach RG 3rd round - they put Ana on Chatrier and Maria/Nadia on Lenglen. But today when Ana plays vs seeded Benesova and Maria played vs qualifier Shvedova which just 2nd time in her life survive GS 1st round there - they Put Maria on Chatrier and Ana on Lenglen.

I don't see any logic.

Wasn't this explained already? It's because Serbian president was in Chatrier that date, they had to put all the Serbian players on that court.

darkangel5452
May 29th, 2009, 05:08 AM

I don't see any logic.

Yes there isn't any logic, so why bother, it's not like it was an hold up against Venus, we ALL know organisers are doing stupid things. OMG, you guys are so insane, it's just a schedule, it's not gonna change anything, if Venus lose tomorrow, it will be because of her and the opponent of course, end of story :rolleyes:

darrinbaker00
May 29th, 2009, 05:51 AM
What they think is important because.....?

G1Player2
May 29th, 2009, 06:03 AM
What they think is important because.....?

How isn't it important? :rolleyes:

darrinbaker00
May 29th, 2009, 06:21 AM
How isn't it important? :rolleyes:
First of all, because I say so. Secondly, if those people really cared about what was going on, they wouldn't be casual fans anymore. Thirdly, and most importantly, because I say so. ;)

G1Player2
May 29th, 2009, 06:24 AM
First of all, because I say so. Secondly, if those people really cared about what was going on, they wouldn't be casual fans anymore. Thirdly, and most importantly, because I say so. ;)

I am a casual fan of lacrosse but if I saw a crowd jeering and booing an all black team then I'd think something deeper than the actual match was up.
Get it? :weirdo:

darrinbaker00
May 29th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I am a casual fan of lacrosse but if I saw a crowd jeering and booing an all black team then I'd think something deeper than the actual match was up.
Get it? :weirdo:
Yes, because all-black lacrosse teams are sprouting up everywhere..... :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Simon is TOP10 player and also French

Simon is quite frankly the most boring top 10 player of all time.

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Rezai is french you idiot! :weirdo:

Your so disgusting :tape:

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Simon is quite frankly the most boring top 10 player of all time.

Simon + 5 sets + clay = the best remedy for insomnia available outside the black market :bounce:

Sharapowerr
May 29th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Maria hasn't played on Chatrier yet, and she always fills the stadium, so it's not strange they put her there, even she is the #102:)

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM

this sums up G1player2's defensive attitude towards race perfectly. if pova was being booed on center court at the french it would be because the crowd dislikes her and this would be peoples perception, but if venus or serena wereing being booed, people in G2player1's eyes must see this as racist lmfao. if anyone who watched say serena get booed think it was race related im 99% sure it would be ultra defensive black people like you, funny that as a white person i don't bring marias skin colour into it when shes getting booed, oh wait im not hung up on skin colour and looking for reasons to shout racism.

Bijoux0021
May 29th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Maria hasn't played on Chatrier yet, and she always fills the stadium, so it's not strange they put her there, even she is the #102:)
And the myth continues. :help:

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 09:19 AM
oh and i'd just like to add that i think the mods need to get their act together regarding posters like court70 and G2player1, if i hurled around abusive words then i would be warned or banned but it seems ok to throw around unfounded accusations of racism whenever said posters like, even though its a slur against people charecters that said posters are firing their 'racism' talk at

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 09:25 AM
oh and i'd just like to add that i think the mods need to get their act together regarding posters like court70 and G2player1, if i hurled around abusive words then i would be warned or banned but it seems ok to throw around unfounded accusations of racism whenever said posters like, even though its a slur against people charecters that said posters are firing their 'racism' talk at

Oh please, if slurs against the character were ban-worthy then there wouldnt be any posters left :rolleyes: That includes you too Sammy.

It seems that your attitude towards people who believe racism is involved is a little too over defensive in my eyes...

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 09:28 AM
And in the past when the crowd boos Maria, its based solely on her attitude on court. That doesnt mean I agree with it but she did get pretty bitchy out there, yet they decide to boo an over-excited fan? I mean, perhaps some of the crowd could see and recognise Richard, but to most of them she would surely just be somebody who was a big, enthusiastic fan. I mean, what the hell do they want? They're happy to do their mexican waves while players are waiting to serve yet when people get behind a player its totally out of line? What :bs:

Bijoux0021
May 29th, 2009, 09:35 AM
According to you, accusations of racism are always unfounded. You always, always throw around unfounded accusations regarding Serena not being injured during her matches, even when everyone else could clearly see she's injured. Should the Mods ban your ass?

Dave.
May 29th, 2009, 09:37 AM
And in the past when the crowd boos Maria, its based solely on her attitude on court. That doesnt mean I agree with it but she did get pretty bitchy out there, yet they decide to boo an over-excited fan? I mean, perhaps some of the crowd could see and recognise Richard, but to most of them she would surely just be somebody who was a big, enthusiastic fan. I mean, what the hell do they want? They're happy to do their mexican waves while players are waiting to serve yet when people get behind a player its totally out of line? What :bs:

and same with Serena or Venus :shrug:

The women was in Venus' camp next to Richard, doesn't take a genius to work out she was linked with her. People in the crowd generally do not like people from the player's box to cheer that loudly, I guess it can be perceived as them trying to get an extra edge for their player. Yuri has been treated worse for his antics.

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 09:38 AM

so its ok to boo or understandable to boo someone because of their attitude on court, but heaven forbid the crowd would boo someone who was screaming and cheering after DF's :rolleyes:

i hate posters on this board who seem to think people cant possibley dislike the williams sisters unless its because of skin colour. why cant people dislike and boo venus or serena if they want, i get enough people on here telling the world how they dislike chak, or pova or ivanovic and throw insults around which seems to be ok. its a stupidly defensive attitude which isnt needed, people are allowed to dislike black people, much as black people can dislike white people. if the crowd were saying things about serenas colour or posters on this forum were then i could understand a defensive attitude, but in my 2 years on here i've seen hardly anything dirrected at serena or venus regarding their skin colour, i've seen plenty dislike and critise them over the people they are which is life and certain williams fans need to accept this.

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
According to you, accusations of racism are always unfounded. You always, always throw around unfounded accusations regarding Serena not being injured during her matches, even when everyone else could clearly see she's injured. Should the Mods ban your ass?

thats because for all the talk of racism, nothing has ever been proved. now i can show you loads of posts were people are derogatory towards gay people on this forum and its laughed off, but im pretty sure you wouldnt get on your high horse about that.

as for injuries, you walk on court, complete a match then whatever your state of body its deemed a win or loss, im not into excuses.

Bijoux0021
May 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
thats because for all the talk of racism, nothing has ever been proved. now i can show you loads of posts were people are derogatory towards gay people on this forum and its laughed off, but im pretty sure you wouldnt get on your high horse about that.

as for injuries, you walk on court, complete a match then whatever your state of body its deemed a win or loss, im not into excuses.
What kinds of proof would you like to see?

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Rezai vs De Shrieto on PC was a good choice

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
What kinds of proof would you like to see?

i would want to hear actual racist remarks, rather than just being booed. who hasn't been booed in their careers, go watch russia vs israel and see the way they treated sharapova and chakvetadze yet no one said it was because of skin colour.

disliking someone is not racism.

volta
May 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM

and how can you expect someone to take you seriously when you , court and morrissey (or w/e his nick is)can't stop throwing racist accusations every time someone says or does something negative towards our girls?

according to you every single boo = racism so how can you expect ppl to take you seriously?

you guys do more damage to the girls than some of the haters...

there is a difference between what the French crowd does and what Serena experienced in her 07 Miami match against Safarova

NeeemZ
May 29th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Rezai vs De Shrieto on PC was a good choice

Absolutely. I am happy to admit I was wrong about the choice because it was definitely worthy of PC.

Slammer7
May 29th, 2009, 11:24 AM

The women was in Venus' camp next to Richard, doesn't take a genius to work out she was linked with her. People in the crowd generally do not like people from the player's box to cheer that loudly, I guess it can be perceived as them trying to get an extra edge for their player. Yuri has been treated worse for his antics.

I have a question. What antics has Venus ever had? When has she cursed broke a racket overly protested a call or been abusive to an opponent or fan? When has she ever done any of these things at the FO? She was booed as she left the court in 2003, what did she do then to get booed? I am not claiming racism as the reason for the ill treatment, so please tell me what the motivation is because your explanation of "antic" or "they bring it on themselves" is invalid because Richards girlfriend wasn't around in 2003 and to my best recollection Richard didn't attend the 2003 FO either.

I'll give you my theory, the sisters are seen as one person by some fans so if Serena were to rob a bank(as if my girl would do that :lol:) they think Venus should get 10 to 15 years in prison just because they are related.:confused: That is guilt by association, which is wrong. I have never judged Maria for her dad. What was she supposed to do about that? We don't choose our parents. Maria is Maria and should be judged for her behavior and no one else's. Also in a sport that didn't have tall strong women like you would see in Track and field, basketball, volleyball and soccer until recently, the site of 2 women 5'10 and 6'2 is seen as strange and the other women who are not their physical equal are pitied. Which is stupid IMHO. Someone can't help being tall as much as they can being short. They expect women to be these little petite flowers dainty and small.:rolleyes: The garbage the sister get has more to do with them being big strong and fierce more than anything and that's just as disgusting in my eyes as anything.:fiery: A strong women is a thing of evil in some eyes even if she is one of the most fair competitors out there, she is automatically wrong because of her power and physical gifts. As if Henin, Mauresmo or even Ivanovic aren't also blessed with great physical gifts.:tape:

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I have a question. What antics has Venus ever had? When has she cursed broke a racket overly protested a call or been abusive to an opponent or fan? When has she ever done any of these things at the FO? She was booed as she left the court in 2003, what did she do then to get booed? I am not claiming racism as the reason for the ill treatment, so please tell me what the motivation is because your explanation of "antic" or "they bring it on themselves" is invalid because Richards girlfriend wasn't around in 2003 and to my best recollection Richard didn't attend the 2003 FO either.

I'll give you my theory, the sisters are seen as one person by some fans so if Serena were to rob a bank(as if my girl would do that :lol:) they think Venus should get 10 to 15 years in prison just because they are related.:confused: That is guilt by association, which is wrong. I have never judged Maria for her dad. What was she supposed to do about that? We don't choose our parents. Maria is Maria and should be judged for her behavior and no one else's. Also in a sport that didn't have tall strong women like you would see in Track and field, basketball, volleyball and soccer until recently, the site of 2 women 5'10 and 6'2 is seen as strange and the other women who are not their physical equal are pitied. Which is stupid IMHO. Someone can't help being tall as much as they can being short. They expect women to be these little petite flowers dainty and small.:rolleyes: The garbage the sister get has more to do with them being big strong and fierce more than anything and that's just as disgusting in my eyes as anything.:fiery: A strong women is a thing of evil in some eyes even if she is one of the most fair competitors out there, she is automatically wrong because of her power and physical gifts. As if Henin, Mauresmo or even Ivanovic aren't also blessed with great physical gifts.:tape:

venus unfortunately for her gets a bad rep because of her sister. serenas big headed attitude rubs the french crowd up the wrong way and they assume both are the same.

also venus's very loud 'screams' don't win her any fans in paris either. richard like yuri does her no favours either, you can say guilty by association but if you bring people into your box that scream out after df's of your opposition its not going to reflect well on you.

yesterday the crowd was on lucies side but it was respectful untill richards girlfriend started cheering DF's, untill then the crowd was cheering the under dog but very much cheering on venus's good shots to.

Bayo
May 29th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Say waaa? If it wasn't for the woman in the box, nobody would have been rooting for Venus.

Not to mention she and Serena are treated like that in every match they play here. I'm not in touch with Parisian sensibilities so I won't venture to guess why, but it is all too evident that the crowd wants them to lose every time they play.

Slammer7
May 29th, 2009, 11:43 AM
venus unfortunately for her gets a bad rep because of her sister. serenas big headed attitude rubs the french crowd up the wrong way and they assume both are the same.

also venus's very loud 'screams' don't win her any fans in paris either. richard like yuri does her no favours either, you can say guilty by association but if you bring people into your box that scream out after df's of your opposition its not going to reflect well on you.

yesterday the crowd was on lucies side but it was respectful untill richards girlfriend started cheering DF's, untill then the crowd was cheering the under dog but very much cheering on venus's good shots to.

Is she supposed to ban her fathers partner? Who reasonably expects that. We are all embarassed at times for our families that still doesn't make it right.

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Is she supposed to ban her fathers partner? Who reasonably expects that. We are all embarassed at times for our families that still doesn't make it right.

why cant you accept that its part of the french open, a 16 year old child just got booed off center court because she grunted loudly and gave a cold handshake, is that fair? no but i don't see you getting up in arms about it.

also im pretty sure richards partner knows how to behave at tennis tournaments, i don't recall her cheering and screaming others df's before, so why do it at the french infront of a a crowd known for getting on peoples backs?

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Venus (#3 seed)would have totally deserved to be put on PC.A shame the public of Chatrier didn't have the possibility to watch such a great performance.

ClaudiaZ-S
May 29th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Venus (#3 seed)would have totally deserved to be put on PC.A shame the public of Chatrier didn't have the possibility to watch such a great performance.

Yes, such a great failure! :)

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 01:02 PM
why cant you accept that its part of the french open, a 16 year old child just got booed off center court because she grunted loudly and gave a cold handshake, is that fair? no but i don't see you getting up in arms about it.

also im pretty sure richards partner knows how to behave at tennis tournaments, i don't recall her cheering and screaming others df's before, so why do it at the french infront of a a crowd known for getting on peoples backs?

Ok Sammy, I know your thick so Ill keep things simple. Treatment in Fed Cup is irrelevant, as EVERYBODY wants their country to win and their opponents to lose, so ofc they are bound to boo. MLDB got booed for being totally ridiculous and an absolute brat, which everybody could clearly see.

She wasnt screaming at dfs? Wtf, you make it sound like she was just waiting for a DF before cheering, stop your bs and stop assuming racism is as simple as shouting a racist word at someone. You are clearly over sheltered and have little comprehension of how the real world works, but racism wouldnt be half a big a problem if it was as simple as shouting the n word at someone. Get a grip, for crying out loud.

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Yeh it certainly would have helped Szavay's popularity and confidence, you're right :yeah:

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Ok Sammy, I know your thick so Ill keep things simple. Treatment in Fed Cup is irrelevant, as EVERYBODY wants their country to win and their opponents to lose, so ofc they are bound to boo. MLDB got booed for being totally ridiculous and an absolute brat, which everybody could clearly see.

She wasnt screaming at dfs? Wtf, you make it sound like she was just waiting for a DF before cheering, stop your bs and stop assuming racism is as simple as shouting a racist word at someone. You are clearly over sheltered and have little comprehension of how the real world works, but racism wouldnt be half a big a problem if it was as simple as shouting the n word at someone. Get a grip, for crying out loud.

:help: your in denial, the french don't like venus or serena, skin colour has nothing to do with it. it must be hard living in a world where you cant accept someone you love can also for the same reasons be hated/disliked.

i live in the real world its you that cant accept a black person could be disliked without it being because of skin colour, i kind of pity you actualy.

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM
:help: your in denial, the french don't like venus or serena, skin colour has nothing to do with it. it must be hard living in a world where you cant accept someone you love can also for the same reasons be hated/disliked.

i live in the real world its you that cant accept a black person could be disliked without it being because of skin colour, i kind of pity you actualy.

:weirdo: I havent said anywhere that race is the only reason Venus and Serena are hated by some, Im well aware that jealousy is just one of many other reasons that some hate them.

Sadly you are in total denial that if it wasnt some sort of prejudice, why did Venus get the shit schedule 2 years in a row after it was blatantly the deciding factor that cost her the match last year? Oh its just coincidence Im sure! Just keep that head of yours buried in the sand sammy, its far nicer down there Im sure ;)

ClaudiaZ-S
May 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM

French crowd love Tsonga, Monfils & Ouanna... all black boys.... So find another reason... :p

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
:weirdo: I havent said anywhere that race is the only reason Venus and Serena are hated by some, Im well aware that jealousy is just one of many other reasons that some hate them.

Sadly you are in total denial that if it wasnt some sort of prejudice, why did Venus get the shit schedule 2 years in a row after it was blatantly the deciding factor that cost her the match last year? Oh its just coincidence Im sure! Just keep that head of yours buried in the sand sammy, its far nicer down there Im sure ;)

i see so having not reached a RG semi for 7 years and being scheduled on the 2nd biggest court, when last years RU and world #1 is on court 1 is obviously biased scheduling againt venus lmao. safinas out on court 1 as the world #1 playing a tough player and getting on with it, she knows she will play on PC later in the tournament because she will go deep.

i'd rather have my head in the sand than so far up the williams sisters arses you haven't seen the sun in years.

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM

The deciding factor in her loss last year was Penetta playing better than her.The same this year.

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 01:43 PM
and as Anna_K predicted (it was not so hard lol) : Safina trashed Pavly.Until now, organizers's decisions happened to be all the right ones.

Dave.
May 29th, 2009, 06:52 PM

That's an interesting theory, I agree with it. To be fair, I don't think Venus gets it as bad as Serena does but yes it could be argued that since they are sisters, they are wrongly associated with each other in every way. Unfortunately, loads of people do that, fans or non-fans. I think they're are plenty of people who claim to be "Williams fans" but are really only fans of one. If you look at the amount of people on here who list the Williamses as their top 2 faves and compare that with any two other players, it's obvious that the sister association has come into play there too. Associating them in any way as tennis players is wrong IMO, they are two individuals. The only way they are associated with each other is that they were 1-2 in the world and co-dominated the game for a while playing all those finals, but I would look at that in the same way as other dominant rivalries like Chris-Martina, Steffi-Monica, Lindsay-Martina etc. So yeah, perhaps some of Venus' heat from the French crowd has worn off from Serena.

As for you second point about their size, I don't know, that's becoming the average size of women's tennis players. Serena isn't even that tall compared to Venus, Sharapova, Davenport, maybe Ivanovic. I mean there are some real giants on the tour, I don't think Venus or Serena would be singles out for that.

Say waaa? If it wasn't for the woman in the box, nobody would have been rooting for Venus.

Not to mention she and Serena are treated like that in every match they play here. I'm not in touch with Parisian sensibilities so I won't venture to guess why, but it is all too evident that the crowd wants them to lose every time they play.

Crowd loves the underdog. :shrug: Anyway, with the Safarova match the crowd was behind both players at times and any booing was not towards Venus but to the women in her box.

Slammer7
May 30th, 2009, 04:14 PM
That's an interesting theory, I agree with it. Thank you.

As for you second point about their size, I don't know, that's becoming the average size of women's tennis players. Serena isn't even that tall compared to Venus, Sharapova, Davenport, maybe Ivanovic. I mean there are some real giants on the tour, I don't think Venus or Serena would be singles out for that.

I said athletes like them as well as size. Davenport was strong and skilled, in fact she was IMHO the only woman who had a strength at the level of the sisters. Her disadvantage was in athleticism and quickness. The incident I was talking about was before Sharapova and Ivanovic were even really on the tour. Sharapova in 03 was playing her first majors and only die-hards knew who she was. I also said big and strong and no top woman has the muscularity of Serena so that is the difference. As a Davenport fan you know some actually felt sorry for Lindsay when she faced the sisters (and more so with Serena) because even though she taller and also very powerful she wasn't as quick. In Navratilova's days there were several taller players than her but not anyone as muscular so she was some how considered a bully. Even when she played the 6 footers of her time she was some how the "big bad Martina" :confused: And sadly enough some of the more casual fans if you asked them who is bigger and more intimidating between the women you sited as examples they would say Serena even though she is 3 to 5 inches shorter than those women. And really who is physically intimidated by Ana she is too much of a cutey. ;)

Crowd loves the underdog. :shrug: Anyway, with the Safarova match the crowd was behind both players at times and any booing was not towards Venus but to the women in her box.

I know that was the motivation of the folks that could even tell who it was, but boing in Paris is like the flu and yawning they are contageous. :lol: If someone starts booing, many start even if they don't know why. It's a crowd thing, "why don't I join in, it seems like fun, and everybody else is doing it?" I doubt the folks in the uper seats of the Lenglen even knew why they were booing. Maybe Nike should sponsor the booing with the campaign "Just do it." :lol:

Slammer7
May 30th, 2009, 04:16 PM

I can accept it (how in the world am I going to stop a half century of bad behavior at a major?) that doesn't mean I have to like it. Maybe more discussions will make it better for the next generation, but that's up to the fans in attendance. Sometimes I feel like something crazy has to happen or they have to hurt a very likeable and sweet girl reduce her to tears on court, before they realize that it is a poor reflexion on them more than any player. I know about 99, but Martina was not sweet on court, that doesn't make it right but it is still perceived that she brought it on herself. Something I don't fully agree with, :shrug: but never the less. It has gotten so silly at times that most don't even think the player has done anything but that the crowd is being their usually temperamental selves.:rolleyes: They used to need a reason now it's more like they need and excuse.:o Some of the players have to be on edge hoping to not provoke the crowds anger. It didn't bother me too much the crowd on Thursday, I've seen worse, I was talking more about over the years