PDA

View Full Version : For the first time, I wish the men and women didn't play the same week the Slams.

CanadianBoy21
May 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM
The coverage we've been getting of the French Open really screwed us over the women tennis fans. It's ridiculous!! I won't bother giving all the examples, but just one...
Venus in third set, and they show first set of Federer until it's Venus 4-5 Deuce, after match point.
Same thing happened when Serena played, Sharapova, etc...
I can understand when they show Federer play and Nadal, but they cover people like Tsonga, etc... too much... and of course no Dokic and Dementieva until all the men's matches are done with...
Am I overreacting??? I am sort of upset because I have a whole day off and can't even turn on the tv because I know they show the men's matches only :help::rolleyes:.
Anyone else feel the same way??? If we had the slams apart for the men and women, would be no problem...
On a seperate note, how is the commenting... :mad:

I am bitching too much :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM
they really are doing a poor job of covering live matches, but they are showing Venus, Serena, and Maria on replays.

:shrug:

Mackep83
May 28th, 2009, 06:52 PM
No, cause mens tennis är 1000 times better than womens tennis.

The match between Tsonga and Monaco was superb, I dont think Venus played better than they did.

Vlad Tepes
May 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Tell me about it, even here in Europe the coverage is screwed - yesterday they were showing the never-ending Safin - Ouanna and just as it fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally finished and I was hoping they'd switch to Venus - Safarova, play was suspended :mad: I mean I kind of understand showing the last few games of that very tight encounter, but having the ENTIRE match between Safin clay-clown and some French journeyman was too much :rolleyes:

Aaron.
May 28th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah I was fucking mad too...Venus is American and she was in a third set nailbiter and they want to show Acusco choke 3 SPs against Fed. Almost made me throw my remote

gmokb
May 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM
TSN and TSN2 thinks tennis is ATP only, god bless the few women's matches they have shown and its always delay and never the entire match. Plus where in the world do they find these boring commentators? I even got the RDS channel (even though I speak not one wordof French) but its no better. I am taking all of them off my cable package. It doesn't make sense paying money for this crap. I will make do with livestreams and SB, hell that what I am doing now.

iGOAT
May 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Oh I can't believe it!!! If any French clowns are on a big court or some American fool is on Court 16, they show that while someone like Dina or Lena D is playing :help:.

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Im gonna have to disagree here... I mean, the only womens matches that have good have all happened before coverage began. or happened on courts that arent really tv coverage. I think they've done a decent enough job. Federer was down set points though. so i can see why they switched.... my problem of course though is that its not live..... so i dont understand why they play it like its live...... they could have shown fed after.....

Kipling
May 28th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Like any of this is news. There is more coverage of slam tennis now than at any time in history and still people bitch bitch bitch. You need to face facts. Not everyone in the world likes the same players you do. The organizers are going to schedule matches that they feel will draw the best crowds and television audiences IN THEIR COUNTRY. You may be the world's biggest advocate of Lichtenstein tennis, but chances are, you won't see many of your country's players on TV.

Men's tennis is more popular than women's. That's fact. Men's tennis will be prioritized in the slams. Accept it and move on. The TV networks can only broadcast tennis so many hours a day. Generally, they do a good job showing all or part of the most demanded matches. In the States, that means Federer, Nadal, Roddick, the Williamses and Sharapova, primarily.

If your player isn't live, deal with it. He or she will be on later. Honestly--it's like Romper Room in here, sometimes. Be patient, appreciate what you've got, and if you still don't like it, then write to the TV networks and tell them you are unhappy.

Spoiling it for the rest of us by pissing and moaning isn't going to help anybody.

Direwolf
May 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM
they should show more sympathy for the
matches the women have been giving...
the maria vs nadia match
venus vs lucie match
and sereva vs kookie match