PDA

View Full Version : Venus' One handed BH slice

spokenword73
May 28th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Is this a new shot in Vee's arsenal? I haven't seen all her matches this year and was surprised to see her hit this shot late in the 3rd against LS today. :worship:

Slammer7
May 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Is this a new shot in Vee's arsenal? I haven't seen all her matches this year and was surprised to see her hit this shot late in the 3rd against LS today. :worship:

No, she just doesn't hit it that often. I've seen Venus hit that shot plenty of times in the past when she moves well. She just doesn't use it enough to extend the rally, wich she did today because it's clay, but she will use that shot from time to time. On of the ones I'll always remember was 1 against Amy Frazier at the Acura Classic and the most famous one against Srebotnik at Wimbledon 2003.:drool::hearts:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2009, 05:53 PM
As a 7-Time Major winner, I'd be shocked if she didn't have/use every shot in the book :shrug:

tonythetiger
May 28th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Agree, I've seen her use it before, but it was rather recent when I saw it (maybe a year ago).

spokenword73
May 28th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Yes, she does have a variety of shots, of course (inluding a pretty good drop shot).
I rather see Vee play the clay and not the clay play her, which sometimes happens. Venus is the complete player when she is focused and hungry.