PDA

View Full Version : Worst Server Perfomance in history?

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Like wtf is wrong with this website? It lags like hell, post order is a total mess and posting posts gives errors constantly, and it has been like that for 2 months.

[And no it's not caused by my browser, nor connection, nor computer]

We pay like for premium membership and we get like the worst website perfomance ever? I think it's time to give us more advantage (registrated members) by putting the forum on private to reduce traffic and increase server stability !

ce
May 28th, 2009, 03:53 PM
agree :)

iGOAT
May 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Agreed! Do what they did to chat threads to the whole forum, this is just ridiculous :help:. Maybe keep GM open to scare people away show people what it's like here, but other than that, if you want to see the place, you should have to join!

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 28th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Just keep Asheley harkleroad form on private and it will reduce the traffic.

Ciarán
May 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I agree :(

Scotso
May 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I'm having a big problem with the forum images constantly taking 5-10 minutes to load.

Kart
May 29th, 2009, 08:24 PM
This is a popular forum and traffic is always going to be slow during big events when it's busy as it has a lot of members.

I'd have thought that was pretty obvious.

When I can't log on, I often take it as a sign from a higher power telling me to do something more constructive with my time.

Which I obviously ignore and go onto Facebook.

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 08:31 PM
This is a popular forum and traffic is always going to be slow during big events when it's busy as it has a lot of members.

When I can't log on, I often take it as a sign from a higher power telling me to do something more constructive with my time.

The French Open had been going one week, not two months and the problems have been at least that long.

Kart
May 29th, 2009, 08:37 PM
You haven't been on this board very long have you ?

Server crashing and slow downloads have been on / off problems for years. I don't know what the problem is and I don't particularly care - seems to me these kind of things are to be expected in cyberspace.

The fact is that it's actually not as bad now as it used to be which is whyI don't really have a great deal of sympathy for all the 'worst website ever' amateur dramatics.

At least we can still log on when it's busy most of the time. Believe me, there have been times in the past when it would be a waste of time to try and come on here if there was a big match on.

youizahoe
May 29th, 2009, 09:52 PM

I work as moderator on a few huge forums that have over a million members, we had the same issues, when we putted it on private, our traffic decreased by about 30% (300TB) and bandwith speed increased by 20%. Server performance increased from mid 80's to mid 90's.

:inlove:
May 29th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Which forums? :)

Kart
May 30th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I work as moderator on a few huge forums that have over a million members, we had the same issues, when we putted it on private, our traffic decreased by about 30% (300TB) and bandwith speed increased by 20%. Server performance increased from mid 80's to mid 90's.
If you'd written this in your original post, I probably wouldn't have responded.

Though it doesn't make what I wrote any less true.

Yasmine
May 30th, 2009, 11:59 AM

Server crashing and slow downloads have been on / off problems for years. I don't know what the problem is and I don't particularly care - seems to me these kind of things are to be expected in cyberspace.
years... that's when you know you're old Kart :devil:

Kart
May 30th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Fortunately, no matter how old I get, I'll always be younger than you :angel:.

Yasmine
May 30th, 2009, 12:05 PM
euh on this board...

I'm afraid not :p

Sorry I'll stop derailing this thread :o

Barrie_Dude
May 30th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah, it is rather annoying, but it has been on again/off again for the 8 years I have been here. It will be fixed eventually.

As a side note, I think everyone is younger than Yasmine! :haha:

(I know I am going to pay for that) :scared:

Bartosh
May 30th, 2009, 06:43 PM
you are here for 8 years without ban? amaze :inlove:

Yasmine
May 30th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah, it is rather annoying, but it has been on again/off again for the 8 years I have been here. It will be fixed eventually.

As a side note, I think everyone is younger than Yasmine! :haha:

(I know I am going to pay for that) :scared:
Everyone except you though if I'm not mistaken :p

Yes that's quite a performance :devil::worship:

Barrie_Dude
May 30th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Yes, It Is!

iGOAT
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
I can't see lots of avatars now, including mine :o.

hellas719
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
It's been like that with me for at least 2 months:sad:
Avatars, banners, country flags:help:

iGOAT
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:04 AM
The post order is getting way worse too.

hellas719
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:09 AM
I know:o
I really think that we should make tennisforum2.com and there we can have non-tennis, media, bug/error and reporting and games. Then it would be a lot easier maybe.

iGOAT
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:16 AM
I know:o
I really think that we should make tennisforum2.com and there we can have non-tennis, media, bug/error and reporting and games. Then it would be a lot easier maybe.
I think they should just make it private. It's not like it's hard to join if you really want to see it.

Adal
Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hello.

Post order glitch is becoming worse and worse now. Plz fix it.

Bye.

twight6
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:00 PM

The fact is that it's actually not as bad now as it used to be which is whyI don't really have a great deal of sympathy for all the 'worst website ever' amateur dramatics.

At least we can still log on when it's busy most of the time. Believe me, there have been times in the past when it would be a waste of time to try and come on here if there was a big match on.

Agreed! The quality of this site has improved a lot in the past few years, even with more members!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hello.

Post order glitch is becoming worse and worse now. Plz fix it.

Bye.

Agreed. It wasn't THAT much of a problem a couple of days ago, but starting from yesterday, it's just horrible :(

iGOAT
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Posts like five minutes apart get mixed up now :help:.

youizahoe
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Not to mention that no mod is even taking action to get the website better running.

pepaw
Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
I dont really understand this. Posters who PAY MONEY to get a service are experiencing an issue with said service and the reply they get is "maybe do something more constructive with your time"?

This website really sucks and if I paid, I'd be pissed I wasted money on this crap.

Ciarán
Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
This past 48hrs has been terrible.

-Sonic-
Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM
Not to mention that no mod is even taking action to get the website better running.

Its not something your run of the mill mod could do anything about.

Natalicious
Jun 2nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
how about banning guests during the time of GS and making it only available for registered members?

youizahoe
Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Its not something your run of the mill mod could do anything about.

Save me the BS and ask the technical staff to finally solve the situation.

twight6
Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Just a note- it's not that hard to register and get a name on here. It usually happens pretty fast.

All that will happen if you ban guests (perhaps just during GSs) is that they will all just join. Then, you have even more guests- logging in, posting, etc- which leads to an even slower board.

Ceze
Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Save me the BS and ask the technical staff to finally solve the situation.Thank God you're here! We wouldn't have thought about it without you! :D Seriously, of course the technical staff has been contacted ;)

Ceze
Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Which forums? :)I'm curious to know too :)

Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
Don´t waste your time with your "technical staff". Just hand the data over to MashaRena. He will get this forum running smoothly in no time, I am sure.

Kart
Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:52 PM
I dont really understand this. Posters who PAY MONEY to get a service are experiencing an issue with said service and the reply they get is "maybe do something more constructive with your time"?
Actually, that wasn't a reply, it was my opinion. Intended with a touch of humour if you read it properly.

What you don't appear to understand is that technical issues have nothing to do with the moderators on this board.

The webmaster passes the concerns onto the technical staff and waits for them to address the problem.

So raging against me or any of the others isn't going to make any difference. If it makes you feel better though, then go right ahead.
Don't be rude to him, it's not his fault that you're unhappy.

Sean.
Jun 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Posts like five minutes apart get mixed up now :help:.

This website really sucks and if I paid, I'd be pissed I wasted money on this crap.

You know you could always leave the forum if you're that pissed off with it. No one if forcing you to post here. :)

Jun 4th, 2009, 03:29 PM
To be fair, they have paid premium. :) So leaving the forum means it would have been a complete waste of money.

Wojtek
Jun 5th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Well now in the morning is ok later i open one forum for 10 minutes

youizahoe
Jun 5th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'm curious to know too :)

http://www.ipmart-forum.com/
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/
http://www.dailymobile.se/
http://forums.microsoft.com
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

;-)

youizahoe
Jun 5th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Don't be rude to him, it's not his fault that you're unhappy.

I'm not unhappy, we are just dissappointed that it's taking so long, but i've noticed it's running a lot better today.

So thanks all mods + technical teams for fixing it

Kart
Jun 5th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I'm not unhappy, we are just dissappointed that it's taking so long, but i've noticed it's running a lot better today.

We all have to deal with the technical problems (and disappontment) for just as long as you have.

So really that's no excuse for being rude.

Justin SW
Jun 5th, 2009, 02:43 PM

Thats because Serena lost and people deserted the forum since then. :sad:

youizahoe
Jun 5th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Thats because Serena lost and people deserted the forum since then. :sad:

Yeah I start to think that too :lol:

Slutiana
Jun 5th, 2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.ipmart-forum.com/
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/
http://www.dailymobile.se/
http://forums.microsoft.com