PDA

View Full Version : In the Venus/Lucie match - who was the person screaming etc?

In The Zone
May 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Richard's girlfriend.

toxina90
May 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM
When Lucie made an error or DF I kept hearing someone, normally I don't like the crowd jeering but this time thought they were right to, whoever that was must have been a distraction and embarrassment to Venus...

Paneru
May 28th, 2009, 12:58 PM
When Lucie made an error or DF I kept hearing someone, normally I don't like the crowd jeering but this time thought they were right to, whoever that was must have been a distraction and embarrassment to Venus...

I highly doubt anyone in the crowd distracted Venus booing or cheering.
And Richard's girlfriend (if she did) embarrass anyone it was herself.
Though from watching she did not seem embarrassed to me.

LANGAM
May 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I was wondering when did Venuvs get so vocal saying come'n at every point she won.

Paneru
May 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I was wondering when did Venuvs get so vocal saying come'n at every point she won.

Yeah. :lol:

She was doing it in their doubles match. I liked it because Venus
was showing some positive emotion. She wanted it! :D

volta
May 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM
she was very supportive in the beginning and i was loving it , she was pumping her up but than she just got a lil 2 excited and cheered during a Lucie Double fault or something like that and that's when the crowd start to root against Venus

Dave.
May 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
LOL at the post order, it's as if you're answering your own question ;)

Before the camera cut to her, I actually thought it was Venus screaming but that's not really her thing.

In The Zone
May 28th, 2009, 01:04 PM
she was very supportive in the beginning and i was loving it , she was pumping her up but than she just got a lil 2 excited and cheered during a Lucie Double fault or something like that and that's when the crowd start to root against Venus

I was thinking the same thing. Venus is very quiet and reserved but even in doubles, she feeds off Serena's energy. I think it really helped Venus, to be honest. Too bad there was a stadium of people around who didn't like it. :lol: Oh well, a win is a win. :p

-jenks-
May 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM
The crowed kept whistling at her! :lol:

And when Lucie served a DF, I think she said something like "That's the way!" :o

TheFifthAvocado
May 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Didn't the sisters have problems with her in the first place? I know if I was Venus and my rich father's girlfriend came in wearing a Dior shawl and some name brand shades, clearly knows nothing about tennis and was cheering my opponent's double faults, I'd be humiliated.

volta
May 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Venus is very quiet and reserved but even in doubles, she feeds off Serena's energy. I think it really helped Venus, to be honest. Too bad there was a stadium of people around who didn't like it. :lol: Oh well, a win is a win. :p

it really did, and it was funny how she even got Richard excited, i was laughing but loving it :lol:
yeah she needs to just not cheer during the opponents mistakes but other than that :rocker2: i want her to go cheer for Ree as well :lol:
i wonder what Oracene thought of that :rolls:

-jenks-
May 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
AT first I thought it was Serena

homogenius
May 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I saw her last year in Stuttgart, she seemed nice and supportive and wasn't acting like a douche.
6 months later, the girl seems addicted to Dior and Chanel and wants desperately the sisters to keep bringing some money to Richard's pocket.Milking the cow ? :tape:

#1SteffiGraf#1
May 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I noticed Serena screaming like a wild woman her first round victory too...it was actually kinda scary :scared:

Hey, Serena, its just the first round :rolleyes:

serenus_2k8
May 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Im sure Venus and Serena would sort her out if she needed it. I liked that she was cheering Vee on, go team Williams!!

RebelPrince
May 28th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Richard's gf cheering is pretty rude, it goes beyond the ettiquete of the sport.

However the sisters are not to blame for that and I am glad Venus got through.

CoolDude7
May 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
hrmm the coward was way in favor of lucie.. she only was balancing the coward out to even the playing field

starin
May 28th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I noticed Serena screaming like a wild woman her first round victory too...it was actually kinda scary :scared:

Hey, Serena, its just the first round :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: yeah just a first round. I'm sure it has nothing to do w/ the fact that Serena was on a 4 match losing streak. hadn't won a match on clay. lost to her opponent in the 1st rd already and almost choked away the match twice and wasted 8 match points. yeah just a normal 1st rd.

I used to find Richard's GF incredibly obnoxious but I'm liking her more and more now. She's often times the only person in the crowd cheering for Serena/Venus. It's nice to have some positive energy out there for the WS. The only problem is sometimes people think it's Venus or Serena who's making all that noise.

mygirlV
May 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Richard's gf cheering is pretty rude, it goes beyond the ettiquete of the sport.

However the sisters are not to blame for that and I am glad Venus got through.

Why is it rude for someone to root for their favorite player? It's not illegal :D It's about time someone did! All the other people in the stadium was cheering for Lucie. What's the problem? People on this board always seem to have a problem when it concerns the WS. You can't have it both ways.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Though from watching she did not seem embarrassed to me.
:tape: She doesn't know any better.

TheFifthAvocado
May 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Why is it rude for someone to root for their favorite player? It's not illegal :D It's about time someone did! All the other people in the stadium was cheering for Lucie. What's the problem? People on this board always seem to have a problem when it concerns the WS. You can't have it both ways.

It's not the cheering for Venus that's a problem, but the woman cheered on Lucie's double faults and unforced errors. Last year when the French crowd was jeering Sharapova on DFs and UFs, there was a reaction on this board. So actually, it does go both ways.

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Didn't the sisters have problems with her in the first place? I know if I was Venus and my rich father's girlfriend came in wearing a Dior shawl and some name brand shades, clearly knows nothing about tennis and was cheering my opponent's double faults, I'd be humiliated.

Nope, that gf has been around for ages, all the sisters like her, because she is very positive and always taking the right choices. Oracene on the other hand is jealous as usual. Venus and Serena talked about her once in an interview and they said she's part of the family now.

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
It's not the cheering for Venus that's a problem, but the woman cheered on Lucie's double faults and unforced errors. Last year when the French crowd was jeering Sharapova on DFs and UFs, there was a reaction on this board. So actually, it does go both ways.

The french audience is just the same, they cheer at any misser serena hitted last year, and they have been doing that the day since she won RG in 2002. So if they are allowed, so is she.

Lulu.
May 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM
At first I didn't care much for her but she's cool lately.

The Witch-king
May 28th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Lol at people complaining about ONE vocal supporter of Venus in a stadium full of people against her. I like her a lot!
And you all ought to know better than talking about relationships you have zero knowledge about.

Vlover
May 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM

What ettiquette, especially when it comes to the French crowd? Aren't these the same people who booed Serena's every error in '03, unless of course they are only obnoxious to certain people.:rolleyes:

:tape: She doesn't know any better.
Fine lesson in tennis "etiquette" they have taught her. Interesting that a stadium filled of people feel threatened by a lone black woman.:rolleyes:

Anyway crowd behavior like this have become common place to the Sisters and they have over come worse so no biggie. I hope the lady voice is still stong to scream a little louder next match. Go Venus! Go Serena!

Dave.
May 28th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Fine lesson in tennis "etiquette" they have taught her. Interesting that a stadium filled of people feel threatened by a lone black woman.:rolleyes:

Anyway crowd behavior like this have become common place to the Sisters and they have over come worse so no biggie. I hope the lady voice is still stong to scream a little louder next match. Go Venus! Go Serena!

What has the women being black have to do with anything? :rolleyes:

Most players have become subject to crowd behaviour like this at the French, not just Venus.

Vlover
May 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM
and wants desperately the sisters to keep bringing some money to Richard's pocket.Milking the cow ? :tape:
Just like any other coach that gets paid, Richard is entitled to be paid and what he chooses to do with his money is his business. If he wants to give up some for some loving, what is wrong with that?:tape: Richard is no fool and will protect his and his children's money from everyone.

I'm sure his daughters don't mind giving him the money he earns. If it wasn't for him, I doubt they would be as successful.

friendsita
May 28th, 2009, 04:37 PM
lol at the woman

Direwolf
May 28th, 2009, 04:42 PM
im sure Venus doesnt care who that baby was

homogenius
May 28th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Just like any other coach that gets paid, Richard is entitled to be paid and what he chooses to do with his money is his business. If he wants to give up some for some loving, what is wrong with that?:tape: Richard is no fool and will protect his and his children's money from everyone.

I'm sure his daughters don't mind giving him the money he earns. If it wasn't for him, I doubt they would be as successful.

Who said he didn't earn his money ?(and of course he can do wtf he wants with it).I was talking only about the girl behaviour.

drake3781
May 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM
:o

serenus_2k8
May 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM
:lol: Loving the haters coming out early. Vee scrapes through, y'all have your hopes dashed and now its Richards gf's fault for cheering her. :tape:

harloo
May 28th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Lol at people complaining about ONE vocal supporter of Venus in a stadium full of people against her. I like her a lot!
And you all ought to know better than talking about relationships you have zero knowledge about.

The nerve of people to complain about her cheering when the French crowd are the most rudest tennis fans on earth. She's only one person and while I don't profess to know what type of relationship she has with the sisters it's good she supports them during matches.

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
:o

How come,based on what you read here? I know you did not watch the match, because you don't have cable :lol:

drake3781
May 28th, 2009, 05:23 PM
How come,based on what you read here? I know you did not watch the match, because you don't have cable :lol:

:lol:

V's a star
May 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
:lol: Loving the haters coming out early. Vee scrapes through, y'all have your hopes dashed and now its Richards gf's fault for cheering her. :tape:
:worship:

davidmario
May 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM
it was gold digger, she was fabolous:haha: she managed to turn the whole stadium against venus after just two shouts at the right times:haha: I like her:) She picks ab balls when Vee practices!

RenaSlam.
May 28th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Richard's bitch.

Serenita
May 28th, 2009, 05:48 PM
:lol: next they will accused Richardof having a special watch that reflect light in the eyes of Venus and Serena apponents.:tape:

Craigy
May 28th, 2009, 08:58 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d5/fullj.51ed600472a990b62e1271780a496666/51ed600472a990b62e1271780a496666-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

COME ON BABY! http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/kink.gif

:inlove:
May 28th, 2009, 09:02 PM
stop :crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2:

Slutiana
May 28th, 2009, 09:07 PM
:hysteric:
Nope, that gf has been around for ages, all the sisters like her, because she is very positive and always taking the right choices. Oracene on the other hand is jealous as usual. Venus and Serena talked about her once in an interview and they said she's part of the family now.
Are you serious? :spit: You cannot be serious.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d5/fullj.51ed600472a990b62e1271780a496666/51ed600472a990b62e1271780a496666-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

:spit: :sobbing: :crying2: Bitch was screaming her head off. Make a GIF, please! :sobbing:

CloudAtlas
May 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
After Richard's comments about Chris Evert which suggests that he's not all there , it seems like the crazy has rubbed off onto his girlfriend. Cheering DF's? Please , does she even pay attention to tennis matches she goes to watch , or is she too busy thinking about those Louis Vitton gold calf leather wedge sandals she wants her sugar daddy to buy for her.

So glad Venus won in the end , I've said it before anyone here labels me a "hater" because obviously people are unable to criticise anything even remotely connected to the WS without being accused of being that by a couple of their hardline followers.

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2009, 10:30 PM
The entire French crowd jeers when the opponent of the person they are playing makes an error........ Maybe they should learn how to behave so that she has a better example to follow.....

drake3781
May 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM

Funny as this pic is, it is Richard in it who makes me lol. :lol:

sipnsurfMurph
May 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Richard's girlfriend.

is going in my will pronto!

Can we clone her?

-jenks-
May 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
she's at it again! :o :lol: