PDA

View Full Version : Is today one of those days when both sisters lose early in the same round?

tennnisfannn
May 28th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I am hoping not. Please girls, impress me!

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 28th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Ooooooo... touche!

CoolDude7
May 28th, 2009, 01:32 AM
No, Serena will win FO 09.

NeeemZ
May 28th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Despite her form, Serena isn't losing today.

On the other hand, I think Venus will lose.

Lord Choc Ice
May 28th, 2009, 01:33 AM
No, Serena will win FO 09.
:scared: Oh God. :zzz:

I hope I'm not the only one who just wants to fall asleep at the thought of Serena winning three slams in a row.

youizahoe
May 28th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Yeah Serena will win FO2009, have been dejavu's about it, and other things, and all things came out thusfar. Plus Ruana pascual is a nobody, she ain't srebotnik or schnyder ffs.

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 28th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah Serena will win FO2009, have been dejavu's about it, and other things, and all things came out thusfar. Plus Ruana pascual is a nobody, she ain't srebotnik or schnyder ffs.

Beware of what you just typed, because you might need to swallow it whole.

young_gunner913
May 28th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Hell no ws wont go. :dance:

Midnight_Robber
May 28th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Nope. Because despite her form I believe that Serena will find a way (though I'm not saying that it will be easy), so there will be at least 1 WS going to the third round.

Temperenka
May 28th, 2009, 01:41 AM
No. Venus will go down, Serena will float until at least 3rd round. No way is Serena winning this thing.

jefrilibra
May 28th, 2009, 01:46 AM
:scared: Oh God. :zzz:

I hope I'm not the only one who just wants to fall asleep at the thought of Serena winning three slams in a row.

If you promise never to wake up ... ever.

Dave.
May 28th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Yeah Serena will win FO2009, have been dejavu's about it, and other things, and all things came out thusfar. Plus Ruano pascual is a nobody, she ain't srebotnik or schnyder ffs.

No more than Zakopalova :shrug: I don't think Serena's playing the level of tennis to be able to dismiss opponents as "nobodies". Certainly she's the favourite in this next match and I actually expect her to go up a level or two the way she finished her 1R, but as we've seen, anything can happen.

Oh and just to make it a bit more interesting, Ruano-Pascual does lead the H2H. :angel:

madlove
May 28th, 2009, 02:41 AM
both are not going deep this tournament. really patchy plays from both.

southern star
May 28th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I said no. Serena should scrape through.

RVD
May 28th, 2009, 06:04 AM
If you promise never to wake up ... ever.:spit: :haha:
That was cold.

woosey
May 28th, 2009, 06:05 AM
i'm trying to stay up to watch v live in case she loses. ):

new-york
May 28th, 2009, 06:10 AM
a better question would be is today one of those days when Venus loses early.

hopefully the answer is no.

but to be fair, her opponent has a lot of game.

Shvedbarilescu
May 28th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Well, Venus has a tough opponent and certainly she has proven in the past that she is vunerable in the early stages of slams. The first set certainly indicates an upset there is a distinct possibility although far from a certainty. Personally I think and hope that Venus gets through, but at best Venus's chances of reaching the next round are no greater than 60% and even that might be a little optimistic.

As for Serena, she looks very vunerable. Her results on European clay not just this year but the last five or so years do suggest to me that her time in this tournament isn't going to be long. That said, no disrespect to Virginie Ruano-Pascal but I can't see her, at the age of 35, beating Serena Williams even on clay. I do think today's match should be reasonably competitive but I'd be extremely surprised if Serena didn't win. Next round Serena is likely to play Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez, and that will be something else entirely and the possibility of an upset in that match would have to be quite high.

But this thread asks about the possibility of both sisters losing today and that is something I definately don't think is going to happen.

homogenius
May 28th, 2009, 08:26 AM
^^ I agree.Serena could play Ruano-Pascal on one leg and still win.It would take Virginia to play the match of her life (at 35, unlikely)and Serena to play like shit and self destruct to see an upset (maybe VRP will try to do like Srebotnik last, coming to the net as often as she can, but Serena should pass her right and left).

As for Venus, I'm not so sure.She lost to less talented players than Safarova at FO in the past.
Safarova can do it obviously but with the delay Venus had time to regroup and I suppose she'll come all guns blazing today.Both needs the win badly : Safarova to find a new breath in her career and Venus cause it'd be a shame to lose again in 2nd round of a slam while she'd been in great form and more consistent for almost a year now.Anyway it'll be a good test for Venus, and if she wins she'll be very confident for the rest of the event imo.

Fabunny
May 28th, 2009, 08:42 AM
The notion that Venus would lose early AGAIN at another Grand Slam is the source of much anxiety for me. It is 4:40 AM and I have not been able to fall asleep. Perhaps, I will crash for a couple of hours just before Venus' match begins.

I have a lot of work due in the morning. If Venus fucks up my day by losing, God help the folks I come in contact with throughout the day.

Sharapowerr
May 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Strange thread, one of those days??? Safarova might be a little difficult for Venus, but i think they both will win

frenchie
May 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Serena will win in 2

But Venus will probably lose in 3

Huntress55
May 28th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Serena will probably get through. I hope at least one goes down.

bandabou
May 28th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Nope...Serena ain't losing to VRP. I hope..:scared:

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
No. Venus will go down, Serena will float until at least 3rd round. No way is Serena winning this thing.

well there's no way victoria is, either...

tarrysai
May 28th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Well Venus is thru so that's one sister not out

tennnisfannn
May 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM
So glad venus pulled this out. Serena get focused pls.

Dani12
May 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
No. But maybe next round.