PDA

View Full Version : Full archived matches on the tennis channel website?

AcesHigh
May 28th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Are there really full archived matches of all the singles matches this RG on the tennis channel website? Right now I'm watching Pova-Petrova and it seems too good to be true :)

And also full streaming??

Could someone confirm this for me?

alwayshingis
May 28th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Well, not all the matches, but the ones they stream are archived. They also have the archive of 07 and 08 RG matches.

Natash.
May 28th, 2009, 01:42 AM
alwayshingis, do you have the link to the past archived matches from 07 and 08? :sad: I can't seem to find it. :o

drake3781
May 28th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Are there really full archived matches of all the singles matches this RG on the tennis channel website? Right now I'm watching Pova-Petrova and it seems too good to be true :)

link pls?

is 1st set williams-safarova there?

clonesheep
May 28th, 2009, 01:45 AM

Yes, you are not dreaming. The archived matches are all there and they are free. You just need to register. Your only obligation is to watch 20 seconds of Capital One commercial before each match.

I also thought it's too good to be true, but sometimes good things do happen.

mckyle.
May 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM
It's amazing :crying2:

iPatty
May 28th, 2009, 02:08 AM
They have added one court this year (they *only* streamed four courts in '08) and the stream quality is excellent when you fill the screen. A few of the commentators are dire but I have no problem with listening to a match with no sound. The menu screen gets stuck for me sometimes and I have to refresh the entire page, but that is the only problem I have run into. Of course, this only seems to happen at critical points in a match I am following.

drake3781, the first set of Safarova-Williams does not, unfortunately, seem to be up. I was hoping it would be, but I suppose they are waiting until the conclusion of the match which is understandable.

drake3781
May 28th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Wow! I am now excited! Haven't seen a match yet (except a few games of Safin today). Just watched first four games of Li-Domachowska. Looks like they don't archive current day's matches 'til 1-2 days later, but I'm not complaining! :p

.... and I did not need to register! Wasn't even asked to register.

Thx iPatty - I didn't see it either but this way I know I didn't miss it. :D

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 28th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Where are these 07,08 matches alwayshingis spoke of..

alwayshingis
May 28th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Link to 07/08 matches: http://video.tennischannel.com/schedule.jsp

Couldn't find it on the site anymore. Had to go to my history :lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 28th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Not exactly a world of selection from there. ill stil to 2009.

btw Im watching loit-timea and I really like Sam Gore's commentary. Way better than the others in that room.
They've made it quite clear they're all in one room since you can hear everyone talk

AcesHigh
May 28th, 2009, 03:39 AM
You guys are amazing :D thanks

Lefty.
May 28th, 2009, 03:55 AM
The archived matches are amazing. :hearts: I can watch whatever i've missed when I get home from my classes. :D

#1SteffiGraf#1
May 28th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Yes, its true and its a great stream too! Make sure you click to full screen mode!

drake3781
May 28th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Not exactly a world of selection from there. ill stil to 2009.

btw Im watching loit-timea and I really like Sam Gore's commentary. Way better than the others in that room.
They've made it quite clear they're all in one room since you can hear everyone talk

Yes, I was wondering about that. So do you think the commentators are watching on a monitor and not even at the court?

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 30th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Is it just me or is the archive matches links not showing up on the right side?

drake3781
May 31st, 2009, 02:05 AM

Mine is there. Did you click Archived Matches on the left side?

Don't watch Li-Govortsova - it's boring me to death. Rezai-Larcher has been the hightlight.

Marty-Dom
May 31st, 2009, 02:55 AM

I believe they are removing the videos at certain times of the day- namely when other networks have their scheduled Roland Garros broadcasts. It's most likely contractual.
I also noticed there were no videos during the day when NBC had their coverage, and now they are back.