PDA

View Full Version : Why are Jankovic and Ivanovic favoured as far as scheduling is concerned ?

LightWarrior
May 27th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Ivanovic played her fist 2 rounds on Chatrier.
Jankovic (only seeded 5) played on Chatrier and tomorrow on Lenglen.
They are always scheduled early.
Dementieva (#4) is playing her fist 2 rounds on court 1.
Don't even talk to me about Venus who is playing doubles, moved today from Chatrier in her singles.

Lapaco
May 27th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Roland Garrosovic :)

Uranium
May 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Ivanovic played her fist 2 rounds on Chatrier.
Jankovic (only seeded 5) played on Chatrier and tomorrow on Lenglen.
They are always scheduled early.
Dementieva (#4) is playing her fist 2 rounds on court 1.
Don't even talk to me about Venus who is playing doubles, moved today from Chatrier in her singles.

They didn't have a choice if they wanted her to play today, unless you wanted her to start even later:weirdo:

Optima
May 27th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Because they're white.

schorsch
May 27th, 2009, 10:36 PM
so that most WS fans have something to complain about even though they always do anyways it's just a coincidence.

duhcity
May 27th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Because they're popular, they create a story, and Ana's the defending Champion?

And as far as Venus is concerned, would you have liked her to play a full match, the rest of a doubles match tommorow with a new singles and doubles match the next day or two?

Dave.
May 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Ivanovic is the defending champions and clearly one of the (if not the most) popular women player there. Jankovic is also very popular. Apart from that, spaces on stadium courts for non-French women players are VERY limited.

Since when did playing on Chatrier mean you are being favoured over someone on Lenglen? They're both stadium courts, there's no difference. As for Dementieva being on Court 1, every slam has a couple of top players who don't get on a stadium until the second week that's just the way it is. They cannot fit everyone on.

Some people just need something to complain about, they need to feel the world is against them.

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Because they are Europeans.

Sean.
May 27th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Ana is the defending Champion & both are better known than Dementieva :shrug: Plus the French crowd hate WS!

ivanban
May 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Organizers at RG wanted to avoid embarrassment like one that happened at Wimbledon when JJ begged at press conference not to play on parking-lot courts anymore :shrug:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Because the President of Serbia is in Paris

LightWarrior
May 27th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Jankovic, popular and creating a story ? give me a break...As for Ivanovic she may well be the defending champion but she's only seeded 8.
Just look at today's scheduling regarding Venus : she won 7 GS but, who cares, she had to play both her singles and doubles at the same time in the dark.

pwayne
May 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Ana - Finalist in 2007 Titalist in 2008
Jelena - Semifinalist in 2007 and 2008

goldenlox
May 27th, 2009, 10:48 PM
It made no sense that Tammy was on Chatrier while the Sharapova-Petrova match wasn't. That could have been Sharapova's last match at this FO.
It's definately favorable to know when you're starting than to be 4th on after 2 ATP 3 of 5 matches, and you don't know if you'll play that day.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I don´t understand why Santoro got the Lenglen in a first round match and a former champion like Ferrero won´t have a showcourt tomorrow vs a seeded player

AnnaK_4ever
May 27th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Defending champions always play on Chatrier or Lenglen. Always.

Dave.
May 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Jankovic, popular and creating a story ? give me a break...As for Ivanovic she may well be the defending champion but she's only seeded 8.
Just look at today's scheduling regarding Venus : she won 7 GS but, who cares, she had to play both her singles and doubles at the same time in the dark.

Navratilova won 18 slams but she wasn't put on centre court at Wimbledon in 2004 :shrug:

So what if Ana's seeded 8, she's popular there which is all that matters. They don't do this according to rankings or achievements you know...

Joana
May 27th, 2009, 10:53 PM
It made no sense that Tammy was on Chatrier while the Sharapova-Petrova match wasn't. That could have been Sharapova's last match at this FO.

The president of Serbia is there, and he wanted to kiss Ana on the biggest court.

CoolDude7
May 27th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Venus should have started her match on thursday, as they knew it wouldn't finish

LightWarrior
May 27th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Navratilova won 18 slams but she wasn't put on centre court at Wimbledon in 2004 :shrug:

That's a stupid and dishonest remark. Navratilova was 50. Her asking for a wc was a bad joke.

Brena
May 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Because JJ's the GOAT and Ana is the GOAT's sister. :shrug:

InsideOut.
May 27th, 2009, 11:03 PM
The president of Serbia is there, and he wanted to kiss Ana on the biggest court.
Partly.

Because JJ's the GOAT and Ana is the GOAT's sister. :shrug:
:lol:

Horizon
May 27th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Ivanovic is defending champion, and so is immiediately put on a show court without hesitation.

Jankovic made the semis the previous 2 years, as opposed to dementieva's, serena's and venus' fairly average/dismal showings in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. She is more well known recently in Paris and is certainly more popular than the WS.

I don't see why you're complaining.

DragonFlame
May 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM

Safina: 1x chatrier, 1x lenglen (no.1, the favourite, says enough)
Ivanovic: 2x chatrier (logical, she's defending champion, popular, she had to open the tournament since defending champions do that)
Serena: 1x chatrier, 1xlenglen (seems more then reasonable)
Venus: 1x lenglen+ scheduled chatrier/changed lenglen (ended up lenglen because that would fit the time better, which is a good decision)
Jankovic: 1x chatrier, 1x lenglen (semifinalist the last 2 years)
Kuznetsova: 1x lenglen, 1x court2
Dementieva: 2x court1

The only thing i would have changed was make dementieva-dokic an early stadium match instead of jankovic-rybarikova. Other then that it's a solid schedule. It's been pretty fair to everyone. They all have about the same appearances on the courts... I really have no idea what you're complaining about. :confused:

They always leave good matches for later on the day, and safarova-venus was obviously the most anticipated match. Besides that, most of the topseeds have been on the main courts at least once already.(apart from dementieva)

Temporary0369
May 27th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Williams fans should realize the fewer people to boo and hiss at Serena the better.

bobbynorwich
May 27th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Because they're white.

Obviously, it's because they're white. And why beat around the bush --- just say it: The RG organizers must be racists and they want to do everything possible to make things difficult for Venus and Serena. Couldn't possibly be anything else.

That's why they don't like Monfils, Tsonga, or Ouanna either.

:rolleyes:

DragonFlame
May 28th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Obviously, it's because they're white. And why beat around the bush --- just say it: The RG organizers must be racists and they want to do everything possible to make things difficult for Venus and Serena. Couldn't possibly be anything else.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, i bet those small pudgy men are crawling around lenglen spraying it with their little watering cans secretly every night themselves to make it as slow and hurtful on the knees and wrists as possible! :secret:

Last rumor has it, they are giving out these for free as well :eek::

http://justlearningman.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/talk-to-the-hand.jpg

Ryan
May 28th, 2009, 12:10 AM
That's a stupid and dishonest remark. Navratilova was 50. Her asking for a wc was a bad joke.

You're a fool. :lol: Please quit while you're ahead.

REDMANGO
May 28th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Ana
http://2008.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/bios/cmatch/wta311710.html

slamchamp
May 28th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I don´t understand why Santoro got the Lenglen in a first round match and a former champion like Ferrero won´t have a showcourt tomorrow vs a seeded playercause santoro is french and this is his last FO :shrug: of course he was gonna get one of the main courts

mr_burns
May 28th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Safina: 1x chatrier, 1x lenglen (no.1, the favourite, says enough)
Ivanovic: 2x chatrier (logical, she's defending champion, popular, she had to open the tournament since defending champions do that)
Serena: 1x chatrier, 1xlenglen (seems more then reasonable)
Venus: 1x lenglen+ scheduled chatrier/changed lenglen (ended up lenglen because that would fit the time better, which is a good decision)
Jankovic: 1x chatrier, 1x lenglen (semifinalist the last 2 years)
Kuznetsova: 1x lenglen, 1x court2
Dementieva: 2x court1

The only thing i would have changed was make dementieva-dokic an early stadium match instead of jankovic-rybarikova. Other then that it's a solid schedule. It's been pretty fair to everyone. They all have about the same appearances on the courts... I really have no idea what you're complaining about. :confused:

They always leave good matches for later on the day, and safarova-venus was obviously the most anticipated match. Besides that, most of the topseeds have been on the main courts at least once already.(apart from dementieva)
Totally agree, demetieva dokic would have been nice on a stadium
the shedule is quite reasonable except Suday on SL:help:

pav
May 28th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I have to wonder at the stupid idiots saying it's because they are white! are you serious,do you actually believe that shit? Go outside and shake your immature bent selves!

bobbynorwich
May 28th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I have to wonder at the stupid idiots saying it's because they are white! are you serious,do you actually believe that shit? Go outside and shake your immature bent selves!
It's just sarcasm, perhaps lost in translation.

:)

slamchamp
May 28th, 2009, 01:04 AM
:worship: especially cause in france there is plenty of african descendent citizens just looks at the french players. Those idiots think that france is racist? then they have no clue about france:rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I am now convinced that my post(s) in your previous thread on damn near the same issue was (were) spot on.

Please at least find something new to bitch about. This is beyond tired.

Direwolf
May 28th, 2009, 01:05 AM
i cant believe she was at the Cannes...
she mustve some good connections

slamchamp
May 28th, 2009, 01:06 AM
It's just sarcasm, perhaps lost in translation.

:)ok then:p

NeeemZ
May 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Last year, Venus had two Chatrier matches and a Lenglen match. That was considering that she had poor performances the year before and had not reached the semi finals since 2002.

nicidle
May 28th, 2009, 01:44 AM
the scheduling is fair enough. (maybe except lena)
at least i realize that JJ is that popular there.

LightWarrior
May 28th, 2009, 01:48 AM
at least i realize that JJ is that popular there.

Oh no, she's not, believe me. Officials want us to believe that for some unknown reason.

jefrilibra
May 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Because they're popular, they create a story, and Ana's the defending Champion?

What story does Jelena have to offer? A previously #1 ranked player who has never won a slam?

Or which mascara to wear while sweating?

QUEENLINDSAY
May 28th, 2009, 01:56 AM
sked is fine.
US wants williams sisters on late matches to put them live on US TV.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 28th, 2009, 02:00 AM
:haha:

Ryan
May 28th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Oh no, she's not, believe me. Officials want us to believe that for some unknown reason.

Are you claiming responsibility/ownership for the RG crowd? No wonder everyone hates them. ;)

danieln1
May 28th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Ana Ivanovic = Philippe Chatrier court, since she´s the DEFENDING CHAMPION!!!! So she has the right to play there during the tournament!!! (fuck Nadal, who played on Suzanne... no one stands his boring game...)

One thing I disagree is Dementieva-Dokic on Court 1, this should be on Suzanne, since this match will be a classic)

hellas719
May 28th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Ana is hot and is the defending champ;)
Don't know about JJ though. Are there many Serbs in Paris?

Rolling-Thunder
May 28th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Its stupid that a match carried over the next day is not the first macth of the day, especially if the person is playing doubles. Finish that match and the follow with the regularly scheduled matches; otherwise, it is unfair and you run the risk of having them out there for another long day.

darrinbaker00
May 28th, 2009, 05:18 AM
I don´t understand why Santoro got the Lenglen in a first round match and a former champion like Ferrero won´t have a showcourt tomorrow vs a seeded player
You don't understand why the French Tennis Federation put a Frenchman (who is retiring after this year, by the way) on a show court instead of a Spaniard?

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Koon
May 28th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Ana is defending champion and hotter than everyone in top 8 :D
But I think her 3r will play on SC :)
Jelena is hot and last year Semi finalist :)
BTW, What court for Vera if she played ? :lol:

Polikarpov
May 28th, 2009, 07:06 AM
For God's sake even Nadal, who's going for a fifth straight title, played at Lenglen yesterday.

I'm sure other players will also get their chances to play at Chatrier. There's nothing unfair about Ana's case because she's the defending champion. It's either Chatrier or Lenglen for her, and I'm pretty sure the organizers would put her next match in Lenglen.

There are still a lot of French players in the draw: Simon, Monfils, Tsonga, Ouanna, Cornet, Bartoli, so it's pretty guaranteed that at least two slots for both Chatrier and Lenglen would be reserved for them.

homogenius
May 28th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Are you claiming responsibility/ownership for the RG crowd? No wonder everyone hates them. ;)

:tape::lol:

дalex
May 28th, 2009, 07:28 AM
What story does Jelena have to offer? A previously #1 ranked player who has never won a slam?

Or which mascara to wear while sweating?

That's not even a question. Royal blue is our theme colour for this RG. Everything is in that colour. Yes, even mascara. French people know their fashion and can appreciate Jelena's efforts.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/5e4n/Neta-JJRg.png

That and...

z2eHxhKyNYQ

:inlove:

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2009, 07:43 AM
its obvious JJ seduced Sandra De Jenken :bolt:

Singleniacki
May 28th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Bartoli has had awesome scheduling
Shes only 13th seed and was the concluding match on Chatrier (rafa and Roger went before her)

And today she will play 1st AGAIN on Chartier against garbin.

I was wrong to think that the french open would overlook Bartoli
But unfortunately french tennis officials only go for the typical stereotype.

But still Bartoli has got awesome scheduling :)

Just Do It
May 28th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Ana is a defending champ and Jankovic is well known in France, not to mention her " I love Paris " sign on her bandage last year :inlove:

Just Do It
May 28th, 2009, 07:50 AM
How to make friends and influence people :angel:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/brunsdon/ca0a6c912131807766927b15a994df40-ge.jpg

You beat me :lol:

TennisViewer531
May 28th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Roland Garrosovic :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Since they're women, it should be Rolanda Garrosovic! :bounce: