PDA

View Full Version : Very exciting Roland Garros so far!

StephenUK
May 27th, 2009, 09:02 PM
What do you think? Serena v Klara, Maria v Nadia and now we have Venus v Lucie, the sequel to look forward to tomorrow....hope that the excitement can keep at this level as the tournament continues!

vadin124
May 27th, 2009, 09:06 PM
my excitement pre-tournament was not misplaced after all...

i have loved the tournament so far!

serenus_2k8
May 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Yeh its been grat so far, not often the big names get such a good work out, though they are both coming in under unusual circumstances.

Vee is at risk of having her 2nd straight R2 slam loss though. Thats terrifying, not exciting.

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM
if Vee wins
another exciting match
vs Szavay to look forward too

Helen Lawson
May 27th, 2009, 09:45 PM
It's been exciting because the ones I wanted to win, won. If it was the other way around, then the draw sucked and the tournament sucked. That being said, there have been some decent early round matches.

bobbynorwich
May 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Just goes to show the depth of the women's field. Wimbledon and USO likely to be just as exciting.

Russianboy
May 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
big thanks should go to maria, serena and their opponents :)

Craig.
May 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM
And overwhelmingly exhilarating :hearts:

Becool
May 27th, 2009, 10:16 PM
and on men's side... nadal and federer are cruisin with no dificulties

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 27th, 2009, 10:21 PM
not loved it tbh but thats cos ive missed the best matches, damn you revision
more interesting than any other recent slam though, cant pick a winner at all, safina and kuznetsova have to be the obv faves but nothing is certain at all

The Dawntreader
May 27th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Credit to both tours. The Safin/Sharapova match today and the Serena match yesterday was tennis of superlative standard.

Long may it continue.

Valanga
May 27th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Yes, exactly. Full of excitements in early rounds :eek:
Venus in danger :eek:

RR-87
May 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
and don't forget diatchenko - johansson R1 drama :drool:

Dodoboy.
May 27th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I would DIE if Vee went to a third set that was like 9-7!

I just got nervous even THINKING about it!!!!!!

WowWow
May 28th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Love it so far!

Temperenka
May 28th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Thanks to Maria and Serena (and Nadia and Klara of course).

Londoner
May 28th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Best slam in a very long time! I'm gripped by it! And not because of who is winning, but because of the really nailbiting matches. People who have been slagging off the Tour recently should take heart from this event - it could be a turning point. And I love the Roland Garros crowd!

Roookie
May 28th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Ana vs. Sara was pretty entertained as well. And i love the crowd..they just get really involved in the matches...anything but indiffent. Men's matches so far :yawn:.

hdfb
May 28th, 2009, 04:52 AM
I agree, great tournament. Past proven champions are struggling and new blood out to squash people's doubts are blitzing early rounds. Not to mention all the youngsters and people on the come back trail pulling off great wins. It's been fabulous so far.

skanky~skanketta
May 28th, 2009, 07:16 AM
The biggest shock for me is Pennetta going out 6-1 6-1 to Glatch of all people!

homogenius
May 28th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Yeah it's a great one.Some hilarious "upsets", Maria is still here (thanks to her draw but it's interesting anyway), thight matches with lot drama and the big difference with AO this year : the top players seem here to play (Safina is on fire, Ana is finding her game as expected etc...).

Corswandt
May 28th, 2009, 09:27 AM
In terms of wacked out scores/overall competitiveness, it's been fun I suppose.

But I've been limited to ES1 TV coverage (and sometimes not even that), and thus so far, from a purely personal POV, this has been one of the least enjoyable GSs I can remember.

Golovinjured.
May 28th, 2009, 09:51 AM
It's been alright.

Marshmallow
May 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
What do you think? Serena v Klara, Maria v Nadia and now we have Venus v Lucie, the sequel to look forward to tomorrow....hope that the excitement can keep at this level as the tournament continues!

I agree, so far there's been a lo of entertain and reasons for the WTA to be picking up column inches (that included Safina's double bagel).

Credit to both tours. The Safin/Sharapova match today and the Serena match yesterday was tennis of superlative standard.

Long may it continue.

big thanks should go to maria, serena and their opponents :)

Thanks to Maria and Serena (and Nadia and Klara of course).

AND VENUS(and Lucie)

Sam L
May 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
The women's side is definitely stronger than the men's right now. Men's matches have been boring.

Gerri
May 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Venus and Lucie put on a pretty good show today :yeah: I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality. Not a huge fan of clay but I'm loving it so far. Keep it up girls!!!

danieln1
May 28th, 2009, 03:02 PM
It´s great... I´m liking it so far!! I want to have more classics, just like serena and maria´s

friendsita
May 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I like it too.

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM
It's a GOOD RG :drool: Bets slam in ages.

Adal
May 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Best slam since AO 08 for me.

John.
May 29th, 2009, 12:28 PM
It's been fantastic so far.:drool:

Hopefully it will continue through the weekend and the rest of the 2nd week

DokicToServe
May 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I suppose it is good in terms of matches but I can't say I like it because of what happened to Dokic.

On a side note... Oh boy, end the clay season already so we can get on grass. :-D

vadin124
May 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
assuming Vee is the only top player to be ousted, yes it will continue to be a great tournament...

it has been fantastic so far, high drama on the women's side...

men's side been dull and predictable as usual