PDA

View Full Version : WWW: Venus versus Lucie: PART II ???

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 07:29 PM
so??
who would win this match now?
Lucie(46) needs one more set
Venus(3) needs 2

H2H:
Venus 2-0
Clay: Venus 2-0
06 Rome R32 Venus 6-1 6-4
09 Rome R32 Venus 6-2 4-6 6-2

- Previous matches -
Lucie: 1R def Lisicki 6-2 1-6 6-1:worship::worship::worship:
Venus: 1R def Mattek-Sands 6-1 4-6 6-2

- Previous Results -
Lucie
08- 2R
07- 4R
06- 1R

Venus-
08- 3R
07- 3R
06- QF

CoolDude7
May 27th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I felt good abuot Venus winning this match on centre court, when they moved it late, i 70% sure she would lose. I still think she will lose tomorrow as she plays crap on that court.

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I felt good abuot Venus winning this match on centre court, when they moved it late, i 70% sure she would lose. I still think she will lose tomorrow as she plays crap on that court.

shes playing on Lenglen 12pm Parisian time

Becool
May 27th, 2009, 07:40 PM
i think Venus will be sayin Au Revoir..

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 07:43 PM
i think Venus will be sayin Au Revoir..

Au Revoir to Lucie!!
:D:D:D

VenusSerenaBlvd.
May 27th, 2009, 07:43 PM
So I'll have to sleep early and wake up at 3am PST? I will only the whole thing if Venus gets to a good start. If not, we'll see Venus at Wimbledon. I'm soo bad, I'm not giving Venus a chance tomorrow. David Witt better knock some sense into Venus.

faboozadoo15
May 27th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I think thew frustrations will get to Venus, and Safarova will be fired up that she has to only win 1 set.

Besides, I don't think Venus is capable of putting 2 solid, consecutive sets together against a quality opponent.

V-MAC
May 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Lucie has a clear advantage so I would give her the edge. Prove me wrong Vee:(

Uranium
May 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Lucie is very inconsistent, I don't think she'll come out tomorrow with the same fire.

Richard better give Venus a BIG talking to, so Venus can win.
My head says Lucie just because she has the first set, but my heart says Venus 6-7(5) 6-2 6-3

Lulu.
May 27th, 2009, 07:50 PM
All Lucie has to do is win a set. I like her chances and hope she gets it done.

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I think thew frustrations will get to Venus, and Safarova will be fired up that she has to only win 1 set.

Besides, I don't think Venus is capable of putting 2 solid, consecutive sets together against a quality opponent.

but you can say the same thing about Lucie
Venus atleast Recently beat A.Radwanska 6-1 6-2 in rome

Come on Venus!!

VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, it's always exciting the firstround. Obviously I'm happy to win andplay well in the first set and also in the third. I'm definitely a third set player. Once I get to the third set, I'm like, youknow, I feel a new level coming. So it'sgood for me.

Q. What do you know about your next opponent. Safarova?

VENUS WILLIAMS: We played in Rome a few weeks ago, so we've playedrecently. She's a good player. I expect her to play well andaggressively. You know, I'm aggressive,too, so I'll do the same thing.

bring it Vee!!

Slutiana
May 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
If Venus focuses then she can do it pretty easily. If not, Lucie in 3.

gmokb
May 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I predicit that we will be seeing a different Vee tomorrow. She will bring it and wrap this up in 2 easy sets. I really think the match being suspended will work in her favour.

Three WS matches tomorrow.:bounce: I only hope my heart is strong enough.

Fabunny
May 27th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Wimbledon cannot get here soon enough for me. This red dirt, sliding, and loopy ball shit is for the birds

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Venus vs Lucie in Rome 09...
6KHREgwreIY

TheFifthAvocado
May 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
And you'd think Part I would show people to not underestimate Lucie. :worship:

SV_Fan
May 27th, 2009, 08:19 PM
please win vee n ree n dokic n bartoli

vesanto
May 27th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Venus is in big trouble. I don't see hr winning, hopefully I am wrong. More than losing early in Roland Garros, it would be bad for her to lose early for the 2nd Slam in a row.

2Black
May 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
So Venus HAS to finally win 2 str8t sets ... Can she do it??? There can be no dip into lala land or she's out.

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Venus is in big trouble. I don't see hr winning, hopefully I am wrong. More than losing early in Roland Garros, it would be bad for her to lose early for the 2nd Slam in a row.

hopefully youre wrong aswell
i still cant believe that
Lucie has 20 winners to 9 UE!

So Venus HAS to finally win 2 str8t sets ... Can she do it??? There can be no dip into lala land or she's out.
ahh
Venus!!
:mad::mad::mad:

villa
May 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Wimbledon cannot get here soon enough for me. This red dirt, sliding, and loopy ball shit is for the birds
Ha ha! Amen! I've been watching tennis for the last 10 years and that crap still bores the life out of me! Thank lord Wimbledon is only a few weeks after it! :angel:

BartoliBabes
May 27th, 2009, 10:49 PM
hopefully lucie will win

lizchris
May 27th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I am not going to predict who is going to win, but Lucie lost her momentum when the match was suspended. Venus went through this once before (Wimbeldon 2007, 3rd round; match suspended on Saturday down one set with opponent serving for the match before rain ended play for the day and the weekend) and won.

Emina.
May 27th, 2009, 11:08 PM
please win Venus :tears:

Midnight_Robber
May 28th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I want Venus to win - badly, but I'd be very surprised if she does. Posting up that video from Rome only shows off how erratic Venus' serving is and how she capitalises on Lucie's wild errors. Not impressed.

I very much doubt that Safarova is going to take her foot off the gas in a winning position, and any Venus fan who hopes upon hope that Lucie will lose momentum is being desperate and obviously doesn't think that Venus has what it takes to claw her way back. I'm not hoping for Safarova to back down. I want Venus to step the hell up or go home.

Another thing - sorry but this isn't 2007 and it sure ain't Wimbledon. What Venus needs to do, if she can bring herself to do it, is focus on here and now and play each point as if it actually mattered.

If she loses, tough. I hope she learns the value of holding serve and playing two decent sets of tennis consecutively instead of wandering mentally in and out of sets and being all over the show. I am not at all fooled by that "I'm a three set player" nonsense, because that's just her trying to put a positive spin on her increasing inability to win in two straightforward, focused, professional sets of tennis. :rolleyes:

Pops Maellard
May 28th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I think Lucie will win. :D

Direwolf
May 28th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I am not going to predict who is going to win, but Lucie lost her momentum when the match was suspended. Venus went through this once before (Wimbeldon 2007, 3rd round; match suspended on Saturday down one set with opponent serving for the match before rain ended play for the day and the weekend) and won.

once again...
that tummy injury in wimbledon
down a braek against Clijsters then pours the rain...

I want Venus to win - badly, but I'd be very surprised if she does. Posting up that video from Rome only shows off how erratic Venus' serving is and how she capitalises on Lucie's wild errors. Not impressed.

I very much doubt that Safarova is going to take her foot off the gas in a winning position, and any Venus fan who hopes upon hope that Lucie will lose momentum is being desperate and obviously doesn't think that Venus has what it takes to claw her way back. I'm not hoping for Safarova to back down. I want Venus to step the hell up or go home.

If she loses, tough. I hope she learns the value of holding serve and playing two decent sets of tennis consecutively instead of wandering mentally in and out of sets and being all over the show. I am not at all fooled by that "I'm a three set player" nonsense, because that's just her trying to put a positive spin on her increasing inability to win in two straightforward, focused, professional sets of tennis. :rolleyes:

come on now
:D
that Video in Rome
shows how Lucie has been playing all year
"im a three set player" is just a positive thinking for Vee
because she and her fans know that she does have some lapses after playing a
good first set...

Buitenzorg
May 28th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Venus would comeback strongly and wins 6-7 7-6 6-1

NeeemZ
May 28th, 2009, 01:31 AM

If you are gonna use that example to prove Venus can win, it should be known that Venus went into the match one set up, down a break in the second (6-2 1-4 if I'm right). So Venus in fact was in the better position when that match was suspended, but she started Part II poorly that allowed Morigami to get in a good position to win.

young_gunner913
May 28th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Venus :D

Midnight_Robber
May 28th, 2009, 01:38 AM
once again...
that tummy injury in wimbledon
down a braek against Clijsters then pours the rain...

1.) It was Wimbledon.
2.) It was 2003, where Venus was playing some of the best tennis she has ever played, and the best tennis of that tournament, bar none.
3.) Clijsters was outplayed but she also choked.

What has any of that got to do with this current situation (It's Roland Garros - as opposed to Wimbledon or Rome, it's 2009, Venus is playing far from her best tennis, and Safarova is playing good tennis doesn't look like she's about to choke anytime soon?) What's to compare? :rolleyes:

"im a three set player" is just a positive thinking for Vee
because she and her fans know that she does have some lapses after playing a
good first set...

Which hilariously enough, she has not even managed to do here, so she doesn't even have a spare set to blow. :rolleyes:

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 28th, 2009, 01:39 AM
The break in play might have saved Vee... but still it depends on whether she decides to be a very hot mess today....

Sir Stefwhit
May 28th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Lucie is very inconsistent, I don't think she'll come out tomorrow with the same fire.

Richard better give Venus a BIG talking to, so Venus can win.
My head says Lucie just because she has the first set, but my heart says Venus 6-7(5) 6-2 6-3
You are dead on noting Lucie's inconsistency. She's the epitome of hot and cold- so you just never know what you'll get with her.

My Heart says Lucie- but my head says Venus in two rather routine sets.

Midnight_Robber
May 28th, 2009, 02:55 AM
You are dead on noting Lucie's inconsistency. She's the epitome of hot and cold- so you just never know what you'll get with her.

You could replace Lucie's name with Venus, and your post would still ring true.

Two big-hitting headcases... :shrug:
Who knows what we are going to get.

Heart wants Venus - head says Lucie unfortunately.

vwfan
May 28th, 2009, 04:42 PM
You could replace Lucie's name with Venus, and your post would still ring true.

Two big-hitting headcases... :shrug:
Who knows what we are going to get.

Heart wants Venus - head says Lucie unfortunately.looks like you have to trust your heart more. :)

me, too. though.

she did it!:bounce:

Direwolf
May 28th, 2009, 05:05 PM
1.) It was Wimbledon.
2.) It was 2003, where Venus was playing some of the best tennis she has ever played, and the best tennis of that tournament, bar none.
3.) Clijsters was outplayed but she also choked.

What has any of that got to do with this current situation (It's Roland Garros - as opposed to Wimbledon or Rome, it's 2009, Venus is playing far from her best tennis, and Safarova is playing good tennis doesn't look like she's about to choke anytime soon?) What's to compare? :rolleyes:

Which hilariously enough, she has not even managed to do here, so she doesn't even have a spare set to blow. :rolleyes:

she was down against Clijsters 4-6 1-3 till the rain delay...
she pulled her tummy again...
she was panicking out there...
were not comparing...
were listing out some of the good turnarounds
for Venus after the rain delay

what i meant by 2nd set blow is that she wins the first set easily
and then manages to let go of the 2nd set...
since it was like a new match...
she won the first set 6-2..and almost let go of the
2nd(but actually 3rd) set...

heres her interview after the SFs against Clijsters

Q.. To what extent was it affecting you out there?

VENUS WILLIAMS: You know, I definitely could feel pain out there, especially in that first set. I think really I just panicked. I just didn't know if I could play, if I was going to be able to hit, and I couldn't calm myself down. I think that, more than anything, than the injury, lost me the first set. I mean more than playing bad, more than maybe the pain, that I just couldn't calm down about it.

Q.. Were you surprised that you couldn't calm down? I don't even know if you've ever been in a situation like that.

VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, I don't know, because I just knew from the first time that I pulled it, like a few weeks ago that -- how I couldn't play, and I didn't know -- I just didn't know, I couldn't calm down, basically. So finally the rain came and took my mom and four sisters to get me to calm down.

Q.. What did they say to help you pull yourself together? What did you tell yourself too, then?

VENUS WILLIAMS: I just -- basically, I had to accept that it happened to me. I think that's what it was. I didn't really want to accept that this was happening again. I didn't want to accept that I was probably going to have to play with pain. There was a lot of things -- I was pretty much in denial, I think. I just couldn't get through it, that set. My mom, Serena helped. Serena talked to me in the locker room. The trainers helped me calm down some. So I was able to get my head straight at least.

lizchris
May 28th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Bump