PDA

View Full Version : 2R: Lucie leads Venus 7-6 and suspended

Pages : [1] 2

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 27th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Lucie played amazing tennis, she had 19 winners to only 10 EUs. I hope she can win it tomorrow :inlove:

Optima
May 27th, 2009, 07:04 PM
WIN IT PLEASE LUCIE! :hearts:

She hit some GREAT shots, I could watch her play all day, she's so exciting to watch.

RenaSlam.
May 27th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Let's do this, Venus.

Dodoboy.
Damnnit!

Vee was obviously getting outplayed out there!

Hopefully Lucie fizzles out tommoz! Vee! :banghead: Come on!

The Daviator
Lucie :eek:

I'm sure Venus will win tomorrow though, something like 6-7 6-3 6-4.

Lulu.
May 27th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Hopefully Lucie can win tomorrow.

Paneru
May 27th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Come out refreshed and roaring to go Venus, you can do it! :)

DownTheLine21
May 27th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I really like both players, so I don't particularly care who wins. However, Safarova was playing very well in the first set.

Veesus
Venus will get a talking to. :smash:

Edinboro
Yay Lucie....<3333

I had to stop for a second to admire Optimas Signature pics. =O

Slutiana
Venus. :o Better win it.

2moretogo
I'm actually ok with this. I am a bit supersitious, and with Safin and Zheng losing, and Petrova living up to her top billing (choker to loser), I would rather Venus begin again tomorrow.

Adal
May 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Lucie :hearts:

Such a shame they couldn't finish today. I doubt Lucie will be able to keep that level tomorrow, but we'll see.

-jenks-
May 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Lucie played out of her mind in the tiebreak! :eek:

Hopefully she can continue playing well tomorrow and get her ranking back up!!

DownTheLine21
May 27th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Venus needs to be more aggresive w/ her shots. She's looping too many into the center of the court, especially on her forehand side.

:rolleyes: why do I even bother watching Venus on clay anymore? she always crashed and burns to some random player

I wouldn't say that Safarova is "some random player." She's taken out top players in the past.

starin
Venus needs to be more aggresive w/ her shots. She's looping too many into the center of the court, especially on her forehand side.

:rolleyes: why do I even bother watching Venus on clay anymore? she always crashes and burns to some random player

Christinawww
so now Venus has a doubles AND a singles match hanging. Not particular fond of that

serenus_2k8
May 27th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Please come back out firing 2moro Vee! Hot and dry, hot and dry, gotta keep my fingers crossed :angel: Lucie benefitted from sh*t conditions, Vee wont go down without a fight.

Denise4925
Come on Vee :bounce:

дalex
Finish her off tomorrow Lucie. :dance:

faboozadoo15
Come on Lucie. All she needs is a set tomorrow. Good for her to get this one out of the way.

Michael!
Venus :o

Coffee&TV
May 27th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Lucifer! :devil:

Marcelo.
May 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Venus :o
:scared:

Lunaris
May 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
RG desperately needs lights.

serenus_2k8
May 27th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Now all Lucie needs to do is go totally all out 2moro in the first set to take Vee out, she wont have to save anything for a 3rd set, its bullsh*t. I hate how Vee always gets screwed by the schedule. Since when did the fans come before the players....:fiery:

homogenius
good stats for both of them (and they won the same amount of points).Should be interesting tomorrow.

sweetpeas

HA ha,,,Venus started this bull crap,I love you thing!While Lucie call her a bitch!Venus has no ,what can I said,,,,After Venus stop working or listerning to her "father.Thats my say on Venus....I LOVE YOU,,,blow dam kisses,after some of those same people boo her ass!!!Venus pull your head out of your ass!

cartmancop
Lucie will hopefully find it tough to keep up that high level from the start tomorrow, she was on a roll when play was suspended. Vee will have to get her shit together :lol: Lucie was killing her with dtl shots towards the end of the first set.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 07:14 PM
RG desperately needs lights.

YES :o

Dodoboy.
so now Venus has a doubles AND a singles match hanging. Not particular fond of that

They are really screwing with her this tournament! Very unfortunate, sure no player deserves 'special treatment' but the same is true for the opposite.

John.
Come on Venus

Edinboro

HA ha,,,Venus started this bull crap,I love you thing!While Lucie call her a bitch!Venus has no ,what can I said,,,,After Venus stop working or listerning to her "father.Thats my say on Venus....I LOVE YOU,,,blow dam kisses,after some of those same people boo her ass!!!Venus pull your head out of your ass!

Can we have a translator please? ;)

supergrunt
Venus played well but she was just didn't want to go for the kill shot. She's never lost to Safarova before so hopefully she can find a way to win.

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Damnnit!

Vee was obviously getting outplayed out there!

Hopefully Lucie fizzles out tommoz! Vee! :banghead: Come on!

not really
outplayed??
:o:o:o

Yay Lucie....<3333

Gosh i did the same thing!!
hahaha
:drool::drool::drool:

go Venus!!
i see a bagel and a breadstick..!!
i hope no more 2nd set lag for the 3rd set
:tape::tape::tape:

Wolverines08
May 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Please Vee stop hitting to Lucie's forehand...if Lucie hits a winner of her backhand then too good but make her play. Remember who you are Venus.

Taniaaa
May 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Go Luciee:inlove:

win tommorrow:sobbing: but Venus will win:o

starin
May 27th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't say that Safarova is "some random player." She's taken out top players in the past.

random in the sense she's never going to become an elite player (i.e. Top5, multiple big titles, etc). She's too erratic. But she is a very good player when she's on but i can say that about a lot of players.

Venus just looks desperate which to me means she's just trying to to not lose instead of going for her shots and trying to win i.e. waiting and hoping for errors and bad play from her opponent.
Lucie looks so pumped it's scary. She's got fire in her eyes. She's the one going for her shot and trying to win the match.

Cat's Pajamas
May 27th, 2009, 07:18 PM
FML.

Venus was too passive and her movement was sketchy..no sliding.

Please come out and kill it tomorrow. PLEASEEEE!!!! :sobbing:

frenchie
May 27th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Venus sucks in TB
She lose most of the TB she plays

pepaw
May 27th, 2009, 07:21 PM
venus might lose 2r in the first two slams of the year :( :spit:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
May 27th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Whatever Venus has to do, she needs to wake up! She can't play passive tennis. It's a sign that she isn't confident with her shots. And yes, please stop hitting to Safarova's forehand, serve smarter, move to the net, etc...If you can't do anything right...see you at Wimbledon!

CoolDude7
venus always get bad scheduling at RG, i see why she hates it, and don't give a crap

CrossCourt~Rally
Yay Lucie....<3333

:lol: I think most of us did :angel:

Marty-Dom
May 27th, 2009, 07:23 PM

Whaaaaaat?????

http://pulpfiction.ytmnd.com/

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 07:24 PM
random in the sense she's never going to become an elite player (i.e. Top5, multiple big titles, etc). She's too erratic. But she is a very good player when she's on but i can say that about a lot of players.

Venus just looks desperate which to me means she's just trying to to not lose instead of going for her shots and trying to win i.e. waiting and hoping for errors and bad play from her opponent.
Lucie looks so pumped it's scary. She's got fire in her eyes. She's the one going for her shot and trying to win the match.

^^ When Safarova is on (which didn't happened a lot in the last 12 months, but she showed some signs of life lately)she's VERY dangerous.She's way better than Pironkova (no offense to her fans) or Karatancheva.Venus needs to take her seriously if she doesn't want another 2nd round slam exit.

:inlove:
May 27th, 2009, 07:25 PM
:spit: Jesus, Venus.

Michael!
Venus sucks in TB
She lose most of the TB she plays

Yeah,
2-4 is too bad for a player with such a good first serve :(

I still hope that Safarova will think about the possible win too much..and this is the chance for Venus!

supergrunt
It did look like Safarova called her the b-word.

champion88
I knowLucie was playing well but probably bad news for Vee as she can often be a slow starter :scared:

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Whaaaaaat?????

http://pulpfiction.ytmnd.com/

:spit:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Venus, pleasee keep your incredible record against lefties going :bounce:

Andiyan
Finish her off tomorrow Lucie :inlove:

2moretogo
May 27th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Now all Lucie needs to do is go totally all out 2moro in the first set to take Vee out, she wont have to save anything for a 3rd set, its bullsh*t. I hate how Vee always gets screwed by the schedule. Since when did the fans come before the players....:fiery:

Calm down, even if Venus was screwed by the schedule, which I don't, Venus will have a fresh start tomorrow, in daylight, and I like her chances there. This is a wake up call.

Melly Flew Us
May 27th, 2009, 07:28 PM
is there something wrong with the server or are you really prescient? any idea which numbers will be drawn for this friday's euromillions draw?

H.A.M.
May 27th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Wow I didn't know Lucie had that many fans *sarcasm* Don't get your hopes too high haters :wavey:

Vee, you better wax her tomorrow!

Michael!
May 27th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Finish her off tomorrow Lucie :inlove:

:ras:

supergrunt
May 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
did anyone else notice that Venus and her whole box was pissed at the start of the match?

The Dawntreader
May 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
The scheduling at RG is ludicrous. As soon as it reaches 8pm, no matches should be put on, unless in the direst of need. You're just not going to get matches won :shrug:

It's tough for Venus, but it's just the same for her opponent. By all accounts, Lucie is playing great. Though as i incline to Venus more than other player, i hope she can find a way back from this.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 27th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Typical Venus :rolleyes: I'm not even surprised to be honest!

I expect Lucie to win the 2nd set 6-3.

Please win this tomorrow Venus!

DOUBLEFIST
May 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Typical Venus. :rolleyes:

Well, Safarova may be out of luck with this delay, because Vee has a real opportunity to get her crap together, but she can't sleep walk her way into the re-start of this match otherwise she's going home.

EDIT: :lol: at are back to back "Typical Venus :rolleyes: "

serenus_2k8
May 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Calm down, even if Venus was screwed by the schedule, which I don't, Venus will have a fresh start tomorrow, in daylight, and I like her chances there. This is a wake up call.

She should do better in the heat. She is going to need to start strong though, because going into a match with a one set cushion is great. Thankfully Vees nerves should hold much better than Lucie's

Sally Todd
May 27th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Lucie and Venus are my two faves (along with Szavay -- also in their bracket of 8 players :sobbing:) so I'm not going to descend to all the name-calling BS.

Lucie was spitting fire in that tiebreak. THIS is why I love her. :D Even if it doesn't happen often, when it does happen, it's thrilling to watch. She hit at least three winners past an in-full-stretch Venus during baseline exchanges. Who else does that?

Well done to both, especially considering the messed-up RG scheduling, which has to be frustrating both players.

:yeah: to Vee and Lucie -- tomorrow I just hope they keep up the high caliber.

CoolDude7
May 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM
if Venus loses, maria will prolly face Safina, or Ana in the semi's which should be good. I am picking Serena to win the FO

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM
hopefully
playing at 12pm in the afternoon does Venus great!!
makes the court faster!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 27th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Typical Venus. :rolleyes:

Well, Safarova may be out of luck with this delay, because Vee has a real opportunity to get her crap together, but she can't sleep walk her way into the re-start of this match otherwise she's going home.

EDIT: :lol: at are back to back "Typical Venus :rolleyes: "

LMAO :rolls: Great minds... ;)

Sally Todd
May 27th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Lucifer! :devil:

:spit: :worship: She did look possessed in a way I haven't seen in ages during that tiebreak.

drake3781
Shouldn't play start an hour earlier in the R1, R2? Too many matches suspended. :rolleyes:

davidmario
suzanne lenglen is the slowest court in roland garros:rolleyes: I hate the organizers.

V-MAC
May 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM
At least play was suspended this time:rolleyes: I hope it turns out to be a blessing for Vee.

Optima
May 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
:tape: Lucie does have piercing and (scary) eyes sometimes. She's one of the sweetest girls on tour though.

Sally Todd
May 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Wow I didn't know Lucie had that many fans *sarcasm* Don't get your hopes too high haters :wavey:

Lucie does have a lot of fans on this forum.

But you're right in the sense that a lot of them haven't posted on this thread.

shell
May 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM

Sweetpeas, sweetie, don't drink and post. :D

Now, what are you trying to say again?

Sally Todd
May 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
LMAO :rolls: Great minds... ;)

Supernova is that Babygirl in your avatar?

ladydiana
May 27th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I'm actually glad that they suspended the play because that'll give Venus time to go back to the drawing board with Richard and it also stopped the momentum of her opponent. There have been so many times that Venus would be in the same situation that she is now and she would just play through instead of doing like other players and quitting. These tournament directors put Venus on court too late. They seem to always do this to Venus, but Maria, Serena, Amelie, Ivana, and all the other top players manage to get on court and get their games out of the way before night. Venus will be ready tomorrow and she'll serve first which will be good. I think Venus will win it in three sets. I was so pissed because they put her on way too late. This was purposely done to Venus because they have set the stage for Venus to lose in the second round, thus paving a direct path for Maria to set to the semi's without having to face Venus. But this time it's not gonna work because Venus is gonna win tomorrow.

Becool
May 27th, 2009, 07:52 PM
venus better be careful

Denise4925
May 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Come on Lucie. All she needs is a set tomorrow. Good for her to get this one out of the way.

Famous last words. :lol:

Edit to add: Did I read that Lucie called Vee a bitch? If true, does anyone know why? :confused:

sweetpeas
May 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever Venus has to do, she needs to wake up! She can't play passive tennis. It's a sign that she isn't confident with her shots. And yes, please stop hitting to Safarova's forehand, serve smarter, move to the net, etc...If you can't do anything right...see you at Wimbledon

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeliriousPotato
May 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Oh jesus, what a horrible score...
If Lucie wins tomorrow, I WILL CRY I TELLS YA!!!!!!
another GS 2nd Round exit by Vee is unbearable to watch...
GO VENUS!

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Oh jesus, what a horrible score...
If Lucie wins tomorrow, I WILL CRY I TELLS YA!!!!!!
another GS 2nd Round exit by Vee is unbearable to watch...
GO VENUS!

Vee wont let you cry...
I promise...
and just for you
she will win 2 matches tomorrow
:D:D:D

jefrilibra
May 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
This is all Dinara's fault. She told Marat to lose in 5 instead of 3.:sad:

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Ironically, the schedule maybe saved Venus today :p

2moretogo
May 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
She should do better in the heat. She is going to need to start strong though, because going into a match with a one set cushion is great. Thankfully Vees nerves should hold much better than Lucie's

I agreed. No BS or she is in serious danger of going home.

Inger67
May 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm so frusterated with this tournament now. We all have to live with this hanging in the balance for over the next 12+ hours. And yes the scheduling here is ridiculous. This is why RG is my least favorite slam.

H.A.M.
May 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Lucie does have a lot of fans on this forum.

But you're right in the sense that a lot of them haven't posted on this thread.

Oh please, Vee's haters are runing the thread, not Lucie's fans:lol:

sweetpeas
May 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM

Sweetpeas, sweetie, don't drink and post.
I know! Gosh iam so "mad! sorry!

matty
May 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I'm actually glad that they suspended the play because that'll give Venus time to go back to the drawing board with Richard and it also stopped the momentum of her opponent. There have been so many times that Venus would be in the same situation that she is now and she would just play through instead of doing like other players and quitting. These tournament directors put Venus on court too late. They seem to always do this to Venus, but Maria, Serena, Amelie, Ivana, and all the other top players manage to get on court and get their games out of the way before night. Venus will be ready tomorrow and she'll serve first which will be good. I think Venus will win it in three sets. I was so pissed because they put her on way too late. This was purposely done to Venus because they have set the stage for Venus to lose in the second round, thus paving a direct path for Maria to set to the semi's without having to face Venus. But this time it's not gonna work because Venus is gonna win tomorrow.

Lucie seems to run hot and cold. It will just come down to which players show up tomorrow. I'm hoping Venus wins, though!

Craigy
May 27th, 2009, 08:13 PM

Oh sweetpeas! :hysteric: I love you.

Caillou
May 27th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Cmon Venussssssssssssssssssssss! Dont Let Us Down.

gmokb
May 27th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I think this may help Vee, lord I really hope so. Can you imagine the WS losing all three matches?:sad:

Denise4925
May 27th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I think this may help Vee, lord I really hope so. Can you imagine the WS losing all three matches?:sad:

Oh goodness. Don't say that. Now we're even more scared. :scared:

court70
May 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM

That is so true.

joão.
May 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
:o

Dodoboy.
May 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I am getting SO NERVOUS!

This is the worst thing to happen! Don't give me a night waiting!!

StephenUK
May 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Wow - this Roland Garros is exciting! Serena v Klara, Maria v Nadia, and now Venus v Lucie. It could go either way. Lucie is definitely capable of beating the top players when she is on one of her streaks; it's just a question of whether she can keep it up tomorrow and whether Venus can lift her level.

Optima
May 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM
That is so true.

Bullshit. :rolls:

DownTheLine21
May 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
:spit: :worship: She did look possessed in a way I haven't seen in ages during that tiebreak.

I agree. I loved seeing that fire in her eyes. I haven't seen her so pumped up since 2007 or so.

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 27th, 2009, 08:32 PM

:spit::haha:

court70
May 27th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Bullshit. :rolls:

They do this scheduling shit to venus every year and she sits there and say nothing. She's beginning to be another James Blake, wanting to be like by the establishment so she keeps her mouth shut.:mad:

H.A.M.
May 27th, 2009, 08:34 PM
LMAO at ladydiana and court70. Stop the madness you fools :spit: What Maria has to do with Venus's scheduling? *waiting for Bijoux to pop some dirt up*

Warrior
May 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM
That is so true.

:rolleyes::lol:

H.A.M.
They do this scheduling shit to venus every year and she sits there and say nothing. She's beginning to be another James Blake, wanting to be like by the establishment so she keeps her mouth shut.:mad:

So I suppose the FRENCH directors wanted both FRENCHWOMEN AMELIE and ALIZE to lose as well? Did I get it right? Get the hell out of here.

And plese stop with the whining. Lucie played in teh exact same conditions. If it wasn't for Vee's suckness today, we Veeliever would have all slept well tonight.

Denise4925

:lol::lol::lol:

crewman31
May 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
thats why i went out today insted of watching the watch , because i did not trust venus to win so i hope the darkness is a blessind to her and her father can talk to her and tell her what to do.

thelittlestelf
May 27th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I hate this! Come onnnnnnn Venus!!! Regroup and kick ass tomorrow!

faboozadoo15
May 27th, 2009, 08:40 PM

Venus has famously challenged those who do scheduling when it's been unfair.

bobbynorwich
May 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM
.\ I was so pissed because they put her on way too late. This was purposely done to Venus because they have set the stage for Venus to lose in the second round, thus paving a direct path for Maria to set to the semi's without having to face Venus.

It makes no sense that the organizers would want to see a marquee player like Venus lose in an early round. Of course they want her in the final no matter who she has to takeout to get there.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 08:46 PM

I'd love to see you telling her (and Blake)these king of things in person.I'd sit down and enjoy the spectacle of her giving you the beatdown of your life.

(and your conspiracy theories are just :o http://yelims3.free.fr/Inclassables/Inclassable16.gif)

Aaric
May 27th, 2009, 08:54 PM
OMG Lucie finish it tomorrow

zveeen
May 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM
keep going Lucie :)

charmedRic
May 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Venus...win this!

terjw
May 27th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Mats Wilander on Eurosport was very critical of the organizers for starting a match which had so little chance of being completed unless they'd really got so far behind with the scheduling with a backlog of matches that they had no choice which clearly isn't the case now.

This was not said as a conspiracy theory or saying any particular one player was harmed and not the other one or making excuses for Venus or anything like that. He simply thought it was not fair to both players. I tend to agree.

Anyway I hope Lucie can win and cause an upset. But somehow feel that Venus will win fairly easily now. The break usually helps a higher ranked player who is down and struggling. Look at Caro how easily she won the 3rd set after her 1st round match couldn't complete on the previous evening and she was in trouble.

StephenUK
May 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
So I suppose the FRENCH directors wanted both FRENCHWOMEN AMELIE and ALIZE to lose as well? Did I get it right? Get the hell out of here.

And plese stop with the whining. Lucie played in teh exact same conditions. If it wasn't for Vee's suckness today, we Veeliever would have all slept well tonight.

Exactly! Alize's mother Patricia has complained because this is the third time in a row this has happened to her daughter. There was something on this in today's L'Equipe.

Dave.
May 27th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Another case of poor scheduling. They knew this match couldn't possibly finish if it wasn't a 6-1 6-1 score, which was very unlikely in the first place. Instead, what looks like a potentially great match could now be ruined by this overnight break. It's tough for both players but especially Lucie who has the lead.

The fans should always come before the players, it's their event. :shrug:

But I think in this case, neither the fans or players benefit. The spectators on either day won't get to see the complete match and the players have to sleep on the match.

Craig.
May 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Win this, V.

2Black
May 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Don't you ever in your life equate Venus with James Blake - 7 Grand Slams & a full boycott of Indian Wells alone places her far above the weakling James "I just wanna be friends with Andy & Mardy" Blake. Venus has fought too hard & persevered too much to ever be linked to him.

cn ireland
May 27th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Its a joke that they even started this match cos they had no chance of getting it done tonight!!

Hope Venus can fight back and win tomorrow;)!

Bijoux0021
May 27th, 2009, 09:26 PM
LMAO at ladydiana and court70. Stop the madness you fools :spit: What Maria has to do with Venus's scheduling? *waiting for Bijoux to pop some dirt up*
:lol: Who me? I always tell the truth. Ladydiana and court70 are correct.

ChinChin
May 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Get it together Vee :o

V-MAC
May 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Mats Wilander on Eurosport was very critical of the organizers for starting a match which had so little chance of being completed unless they'd really got so far behind with the scheduling with a backlog of matches that they had no choice which clearly isn't the case now.

This was not said as a conspiracy theory or saying any particular one player was harmed and not the other one or making excuses for Venus or anything like that. He simply thought it was not fair to both players. I tend to agree.

Anyway I hope Lucie can win and cause an upset. But somehow feel that Venus will win fairly easily now. The break usually helps a higher ranked player who is down and struggling. Look at Caro how easily she won the 3rd set after her 1st round match couldn't complete on the previous evening and she was in trouble.

The problem here though is that Vee isn't like any other player, she doesn't follow the norm and what should happen:scared: :(

Shafanovic.
May 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Cmon Lucie :woohoo: you can do it

Dodoboy.
May 27th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Is anyone else dying?

H.A.M.
May 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
:lol: Who me? I always tell the truth. Ladydiana and court70 are correct.

I really LMAO :lol::lol: I hope you're not serious though and are just playing games.. aren't you? :unsure:

Peterk07
May 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I am impressed with Lucie's performance today. She played against a quite-good Venus and she was the agressor! Great job girl. :yeah:

About the scheduling: Yes, it's questionable, but I don't blame the tournament organizers. There is no lightting so they have to fit into the 11am-21pm time frame which can be very tricky thing considering that this is a clay court tourny where maches (expecially men's matches) can last unexpectedly long but also unexpectedly short.

Anyway, it's not just about Venus but both players. Moreover, i do think this suspension actually favors Venus, who is the a) more experienced, and b) the player in behind.

Mynarco
May 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Gooooooooooo Lucie :hearts:

Optima
May 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Is anyone else dying?

of excitment.

Bijoux0021
May 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I really LMAO :lol::lol: I hope you're not serious though and are just playing games.. aren't you? :unsure:
I'm very serious. What have I said that's a lie?

olympus28
May 27th, 2009, 10:02 PM
she said this year it's different i'm healthy....Hm she is almost out in R2 even last year was better:tape:

moon
May 27th, 2009, 10:03 PM
From what i saw, Vee was being too tentative. Lucie was the aggressor out there.
Hopefully Richard and Oracene can sit her down tonight and smack some sense into her.
She needs to be more aggressive, or she won't win!
I think she can do it though. :)

H.A.M.
May 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I'm very serious. What have I said that's a lie?

OK.

Why would the executives of RG plot something against Venus if this is true? And how is scheduling her in last would mess her up, only her and not Lucie? And why, is this is the perfect way to handicap her, would they make play french players who logically draw spectators and thus MONEY play at the same time as Venus the previous days? And what has Sharapova to do with this? Did she get the French Nationality or the White Card has no boundaries?

Lucas_Arg
May 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
She can't lose. It would be her second consecutive GS 2 round exit.

Bijoux0021
May 27th, 2009, 10:15 PM
OK.

Why would the executives of RG plot something against Venus if this is true? And how is scheduling her in last would mess her up, only her and not Lucie? And why, is this is the perfect way to handicap her, would they make play french players who logically draw spectators and thus MONEY play at the same time as Venus the previous days? And what has Sharapova to do with this? Did she get the French Nationality or the White Card has no boundaries?
The white card has no boundaries.

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 27th, 2009, 10:20 PM
i only watched the tie break-looked like the safarova of old ie actually good

lets face it, venus aint good, she reached the RG final once at her peak and shes not at her peak. shes got a good draw, as seemingly do all the top seeds, so shes got a shot if she gets it together but imo it wimby wimby wimby in her head

Emina.
May 27th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Venus will win no doubt :)

olympus28
May 27th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Venus will win no doubt :)

i will remember your name:fiery:
you 'll be crucified or idolized !

H.A.M.
May 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
The white card has no boundaries.

Yeah, right, tell that to the Russians and Tchetchens etc.:help:

You didn't answer all the other question though:) You're irrelevant.

villa
May 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I don't post here very often anymore! well actually first post in 2 years! but i have to say the best thing about Roland bloody clay Garros when it comes to Venus is it's a couple of weeks before Wimbledon and my hangover over another schocking defeat won't last too long!
Ps Venus, I hope you prove me wrong! this is getting too predictable ;-) x

Temperenka
May 27th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Always been a fan of both these players. Lucie played very well and should like her chances tomorrow. I bet Serena/Venus will have to drop out of doubles now... which is unfortunate. :sad:

Dave.
May 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Vensu and Maria going far in this tournament would be good for the event as they are both superstars in this game, and a QF between them would attract alot of attention. I don't understand how people cannot realise this and must continue to (wrongly) imply the organisers are racist.

lizchris
May 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM
The last time this happened to Venus, it was 2 years ago at Wimbeldon when she was losing to Moragami, who was serving for the match when it started raining and the match, which was on a Saturday, was resumed on Monday and Venus won the second set and the match. I think the same will happen here. Lucie lost her momentum when play was suspended. It benefited Venus once and it will again.

Temperenka
May 27th, 2009, 11:34 PM
The last time this happened to Venus, it was 2 years ago at Wimbeldon when she was losing to Moragami, who was serving for the match when it started raining and the match, which was on a Saturday, was resumed on Monday and Venus won the second set and the match. I think the same will happen here. Lucie lost her momentum when play was suspended. It benefited Venus once and it will again.

The weird thing was that Lucie was the one who wanted to stop play. This might play in mentally somehow tomorrow that SHE wanted to stop tonight. :confused:

It will be interesting to see though. :cool:

DemWilliamsGulls
May 27th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Well Venus now knows what to expect when she goes back out there....so im sure she will be ready. She would have to absolutely play terrible to loose...so...lets go Venus...its showtime now!

Tennisstar86
May 27th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Lucie :hearts:

Such a shame they couldn't finish today. I doubt Lucie will be able to keep that level tomorrow, but we'll see.

yeah, i really dont understand why Safarova wanted to stop the match. She was playing well got the set and had the momentum...... And as far as i could tell she was the one who asked to stop the match. This is could really back fire on her as Venus will probably come out firing tommorow...

LeRoy.
May 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Venus was :o :help: tonight.

Venus_Serena
May 28th, 2009, 12:16 AM
match suspended = Wimbledon = Venus wins tomorrow !

Midnight_Robber
May 28th, 2009, 12:30 AM
match suspended = Wimbledon = Venus wins tomorrow !

:confused:

Wimbledon's Wimmbledon. RG is RG.
And we're in 2009, not 2007.

It's up to Venus to try and dig herself out this mess. I'm not putting any money on her, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

LightWarrior
May 28th, 2009, 12:38 AM
players. I bet Serena/Venus will have to drop out of doubles now... which is unfortunate. :sad:

Why is it unfortunate ? Given Serena's form it was a pretty crazy to play double here.

LightWarrior
May 28th, 2009, 12:42 AM
yeah, i really dont understand why Safarova wanted to stop the match. She was playing well got the set and had the momentum...... And as far as i could tell she was the one who asked to stop the match. This is could really back fire on her as Venus will probably come out firing tommorow...

I agree, Safarova can be on fire at times, which she was today. The next day she can play like she's #100 in the world.

austennis
May 28th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Yay Lucie....<3333

:hearts: I KNOW GORGEOUS HAHAH
gooodluck Venus.. i wish this had been a 4th round or QF match :( please V dont lose 2nd round again

tonythetiger
May 28th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Come on Venus, don't go out like this. Please fight tomorrow and win. Even though I don't expect you to win the title, at least go deep so that you don't loose so many points. I think this is your last chance to do well here.

gmokb
May 28th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Is anyone else dying?

Need you ask? All you have to do is read the notice board.

Direwolf
May 28th, 2009, 01:12 AM

dont forget the Semis against Clijsters
where Venus was in deepshit

Привет
May 28th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Please turn it around tomorrow, Venus. :wavey:

kris719
May 28th, 2009, 01:14 AM
please finish it off lucie.

skanky~skanketta
May 28th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I like both girls and think that Lucie is due for a big win/deep run at a slam. But I want Venus to go far and she's my 3rd fave to win this tournament.

Now I wish that it was Lisicki who made the 2nd round. In fact, I was a little shocked when everyone wanted Safarova to play Venus instead of Sabine!

Direwolf
May 28th, 2009, 01:15 AM
points won
Venus-Lucie 44-44

I think Venus was playing good
same a Lucie level
Venus did just lose 2 points in the breaker

Boomguy
May 28th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Lucie is really a top 20 player but i can't figure out why isn't she there other than the injures she had in 2007. I want Lucie to win this match and I believe she can, and thats why i have placed a bet on Lucie, so cmon and win it.

azinna
May 28th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Sigh....

madlove
May 28th, 2009, 02:37 AM
continue playing like this lucie! let's upset vee.

~Eclipsed~
May 28th, 2009, 02:59 AM
C'mon Venus, please fight back! :armed:

Don't want you to lose in the 2nd round of the first two slams of the year. :(

~Eclipsed~
May 28th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I like both girls and think that Lucie is due for a big win/deep run at a slam. But I want Venus to go far and she's my 3rd fave to win this tournament.

Now I wish that it was Lisicki who made the 2nd round. In fact, I was a little shocked when everyone wanted Safarova to play Venus instead of Sabine!

Probably because she lost to Lisicki on clay this year, but beat Lucie a few weeks ago. :p

40-0
May 28th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Venus said losing in the second round at the aussie made her think a lot more about her tennis. Hoping that richard will help!

Huntress55
May 28th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I hope Lucie can come out and finish the job, I really hope she wins!

supergrunt
May 28th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Sigh....

lolz

supergrunt
May 28th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I hope Lucie can come out and finish the job, I really hope she wins!

why?

Brooks.
May 28th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Venus will lose. She's pathetic in Paris.

mr_burns
May 28th, 2009, 04:13 AM
YES :o

it becomes really obvoius this year
(they don't have to start a night session, just to finish those matches...)

winone23
May 28th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Venus find a way to win!!!

matty
May 28th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Get the hell out of here.

take it easy NEWBIE!

Roookie
May 28th, 2009, 04:55 AM
C'mon Venus!!!... MAN UP like your sis.

Huntress55
May 28th, 2009, 05:03 AM
why?

Umm beacuse I like Lucie and want her to get some good results, and I dont particulary care in general wether Venus wins or loses.

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Can anyone explain to me why they wait till 11 a.m. to start matches? Ive always wondered that...

new-york
May 28th, 2009, 05:36 AM
i love Lucie, she's amazing to watch when she's on.

but it has to stop. :unsure:

woosey
May 28th, 2009, 05:39 AM
should i go to sleep or try to stay awake for this match....

drake3781
May 28th, 2009, 05:59 AM
should i go to sleep or try to stay awake for this match....

Sleep.
Alarm.
See how you feel when it rings.
:wavey:

new-york
May 28th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Sleep.
Alarm.

nice suggestions, except for the last one because if he does that, he's going back to bed.

Alarm.
TV.

Tennis(forum).:D

woosey
May 28th, 2009, 06:08 AM
nice suggestions, except for the last one because if he does that, he's going back to bed.

Alarm.
TV.

Tennis(forum).:D

i'm a she.

woosey
May 28th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Sleep.
Alarm.

i'll go set my ipod to alarm to ring.

i'm like a herd of sheep; just need to be told what to do.

new-york
May 28th, 2009, 06:11 AM
i'm a she.

oopsorry.

fandy
May 28th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Lucie!Win it!:rocker2:

Amalgamate
May 28th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Venus :smash: If you lose this :help: You have had such a good year outside of grandslams :mad:

Renalicious
May 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Lucie will lose. Things like these always happen.

Dodoboy.
May 28th, 2009, 08:34 AM
:crying2:

TennisViewer531
May 28th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Venus will definitely win in the next two sets..

volta
May 28th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Lucie when on is freaking AMAZING :hearts::hearts: that's why she's one of my favs, she's sooooooo much fun to watch :inlove:

but if Venus doesn't win this :o

frenchie
May 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Please Venus win this otherwise you can say bye bye to the number 1 ranking ever

cartmancop
May 28th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Conditions seem especially slow and damp in the JJ match this morning if Martina is to be believed :( Could be an ugly conclusion to the match :lol:

Meanwhile if Jelena's opponent doesn't wake up, Venus and Lucie could be on rather quickly...

Selah
May 28th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Venus is done for, the court is playing very slow. I predicted she would crash out in 2nd or 3rd this year...same story, different year.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Supernova is that Babygirl in your avatar?

No it isn't Aaliyah, it's Letoya Luckett ;)

VishaalMaria
May 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Lucie will lose. Things like these always happen.

You know you really want Venus to lose. Give us a break :rolleyes:

GracefulVenus
May 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Lets do this Venus :armed:

Andreas
May 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Lucie was robbed!

Veesus
May 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Lucie was robbed!

Venus was robbed of kicking her ass last night. :sad:

The only thing Lucie was robbed of was an economy class ticket back to the Czech Republic last night. :(

VishaalMaria
May 28th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Lucie was robbed!

I can say the same thing about Sara Errani when Ana Ivanovic robbed a point from her in the first round.

nhissan
May 28th, 2009, 11:23 AM
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/?page=videos&type=direct

You can watch the match here

Patrick345
May 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Fuck Eurosport. They canīt show the final set, because of the first set of Federer. :(

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Lucie could still win this, but that was the dumbest decision in the world on her part to ask to stop the match last night.... She serve 41% in that second set..... :help: Worst case senerio last night was Venus took the second set, there was no way Venus could have won last night since shed have had to go to a third set....as well as Lucie was playing she shouldnt have stopped....

AcesHigh
May 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM
This Lucie is GOOD. Big hitting from both. She can still take this.

I'm hoping Venus holds on though. One slip and she could be out. She needs a break early b/c her serve is too shaky to hold up late in a set.

All that being said, Lucie needs some luck here. Watching this, it's obvious Venus is the better player on clay. If Vee gets ahead, she can run away with it all the way to the 3rd round.

May 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Richardīs fiancee. :weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::sobbing: Crowd totally behind Lucie now.

AcesHigh
May 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
This is good stuff. :) Very entertaining

Patrick345
May 28th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Why does Safarova risk so much on serve, when Venus struggles a bit on her return game? She hangs out with Berdych too much. :lol:

azinna
May 28th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Vee needs to come to net with conviction.
And hit that backhand with conviction, like on match point saved. (dammit)

comfortably.numb
May 28th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Lucie is really close to pulling this off. But Venus will manage to pull it out, I think.

Horizon
May 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Lucie wasted a match point :o

RenaSlam.
Great fighting by Venus. GREAT.

RenaSlam.
Lucie wasted a match point :o

Venus hit a first serve and then a BH winner. :rolleyes:

AcesHigh
May 28th, 2009, 12:07 PM
What a FUCKING POINT!!! Why do these girls always play so amazing against Venus in the second round :lol:

Uranium
May 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I may have a heart attack:o

Horizon
Venus hit a first serve and then a BH winner. :rolleyes:
I didn't mean it like that, I just mean she didn't win it :lol:

I was annoyed :p

-jenks-
Lucie had a great chance to have triple match point, but missed the easy forehand!! :o

RenaSlam.
May 28th, 2009, 12:09 PM
French crowd needs to shut the hell up...but they won't.

Jesus, Richardīs fiancee is such a fucking :weirdo:
Such a brilliant match. No need for her classless outbursts everytime Lucie misses a shot.

Tennisstar86
I swear, and its always only Venus, other people look a hot mess (not gonna name any names) and the girls dont even step to them....

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Lucie might have just blown the best opportunity to win the match.... :tape:

Patrick345
What a FUCKING POINT!!! Why do these girls always play so amazing against Venus in the second round :lol:

Safarova is probably asking Venus the same question. Why canīt she suck here like the last 10 years.

AcesHigh
Who is that woman who keeps yelling "C'mon Venus!! C'mon baby!" :lol:

Horizon
May 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Richard's fiancee :o

-jenks-
May 28th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Richard's fiancee :o

The crowd keeps whistling at her!! :lol:

AcesHigh
May 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
The crowd keeps whistling at her!! :lol:

She's so embarassing :o

azinna
May 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Venus is just rallying and rallying, no massaging the point to get the net....

....but I like that backhand. 2002-03 vintage! (dammit)

RenaSlam.
May 28th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Richard's fiancee needs to shut up as well. My god.

Horizon
May 28th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Predictable break really, handed the match away, good fighting from love-40 to deuce, but Venus really turned it up.

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Why is she still just his fiance? Are they doing a big elaborate wedding....I mean.... once you get to that age and have children in their 30's its time for a trip to the court house IMO...

Veesus
May 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Saying come on baby and come on is hardly embarrassing. It just so happens that she's the only one cheering for Venus in what is arguably a racist crowd :rolleyes: So her chants is highly distinctive. :rolleyes: I've been to tennis matches, and I've heard much worse, and I've seen people acting far more vulgar. You guys need to stop being so picky. You are the disgrace and the embarrassment.

Go Venus! :)

-jenks-
May 28th, 2009, 12:17 PM
ANyone hear her cheering after a double fault? :o

Tennisstar86
Is this the first time Venus has saved match point and won the match in Paris?

Tennisstar86
Predictable break really, handed the match away, good fighting from love-40 to deuce, but Venus really turned it up.

literally, she started serving faster too....

-jenks-
UGH!!! :banghead:

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM

Richard's squeeze :lol::help:
http://i41.tinypic.com/fxuxjc.jpg

Patrick345
May 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Good couple. Safarova is just as big a choker. At 0-30 and all those second serves. :rolleyes:

ladydiana
May 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
What a FUCKING POINT!!! Why do these girls always play so amazing against Venus in the second round

Hey AcesHigh, I've been asking myself that same question for a while. Have you noticed that if these girls beat Venus in the second round that they fizzle after they get their two minutes of fame. Look at all of the others who beat Venus in the second or third round, and where are they now?

comfortably.numb
May 28th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Saying come on baby and come on is hardly embarrassing. It just so happens that she's the only one cheering for Venus in what is arguably a racist crowd :rolleyes: So her chants is highly distinctive. :rolleyes: I've been to tennis matches, and I've heard much worse, and I've seen people acting far more vulgar. You guys need to stop being so picky. You are the disgrace and the embarrassment.

Go Venus! :)
She's loud and uncouth. Personally though, I think the French crowd has a nerve to be complaining. They're even more obnoxious than her on a regular basis. I don't think they're racist though. They're nationalistic snobs.

Selah
May 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Didn't think she would do it, I couldn't even watch the end. LOL

tonythetiger
May 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I was prepared for a horrible day. I thought the match was over when Lucie got that bp at 5-4. I would welcome an easy win for Venus tomorrow. My heart would appreciate it.

starin
May 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
:hug: Thanks Lucie for stopping the match at 76 yesterday cuz I know Venus would've played in the dark and lost. :tape:
This way she could regroup and refocus .

eugreene2
May 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Great job VENUS!!!

veryborednow
May 28th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Richard's squeeze :lol::help:
http://i41.tinypic.com/fxuxjc.jpg
Hey, do you think her scarf is Dior? :rolleyes: classy.

Chick is clearly nuts.

MLF
May 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM
ANyone hear her cheering after a double fault? :o

It did sound a bit inappropriate, but I think it was more in terms of encouraging Venus to try and take the chance it set up rather than heckling Safarova.

Where did the result thread go? :unsure:

jefrilibra
How much of Vee's paycheck does she keep?

Much more than you'll ever make in your doomed life.

veryborednow
May 28th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Think the OP got embarrassed by their accusation of racism and deleted it :tape:

volta
May 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM

feels like twilight zone :lol:

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Lucie was robbed!

How was she robbed? She asked to stop the match yesterday :shrug:

Veesus
May 28th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Think the OP got embarrassed by their accusation of racism and deleted it :tape:

Embarrassed? For what? Honey, it's a bit difficult to feel any sort of emotion for people I don't know. :help:

veryborednow
May 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Embarrassed? For what? Honey, it's a bit difficult to feel any sort of emotion for people I don't know. :help:
You don't know yourself? :confused: That must be awfully confusing.

Veesus
May 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
You don't know yourself? :confused: That must be awfully confusing.

Learn some English and then get back to me. You're clearly not on my level.:o

May 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM

Why did you delete the thread then. :tape:

veryborednow
May 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Learn some English and then get back to me. You're clearly not on my level.:o

My answer suggests that you should be embarrased for yourself. Honey, get some brains - you're clearly not on my level.

-jenks-
May 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM
The starter of this thread should just edit the thread title

Veesus
May 28th, 2009, 01:15 PM
My answer suggests that you should be embarrased for yourself. Honey, get some brains - you're clearly not on my level.

It puzzles me as to why you'd give an answer to a question that was not posed. I am not going to sit here and argue with fecal matter, so this "argument" is over.