PDA

View Full Version : Who will win FO R3 : Aravane Rezaļ vs Michelle Larcher de Brito

Paris75
May 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Both girls played lots of matches lately.

Aravane is very confident, I hope she will play at 100% despite the ammount of recent matches. She must play well at the very begining and not wait the middle of the second set to wake up like vs Hercog (back from 4/6 0/2) and vs Niculescu last week (back from 0/6 0/1) :lol:

Concerning Michelle, she impressed me against Zheng.

I vote Aravane :hearts:

TheBoiledEgg
May 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Aravane just do her like last time :angel:

6-1 6-2 in Miami
this is on Aravane's surface

goldenlox
May 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I think Rezai will win, but the winner gets Dinara, so a tough section

VIKA?
May 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Michelle:p

Kipling
May 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Never seen Shrieky McNoiseBox play before, so I am curious to see what the commotion is about. Nevertheless, I'd have to go with Aravane in front of her crowd and playing as well as she is at present. Take it to her, Aravane!

DeliriousPotato
May 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM
After beating a player like Zheng, Rezai is easy picking. Plus, she's tired from Strasbourg (I hope)

Shvedbarilescu
May 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I honestly don't know. But I do know that I will probably never root harder for Aravane to win a match.

Good luck Aravane. Bring earplugs with you. :yeah:

exoneuk
May 27th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Shrieky McNoisybox will probably fall to Rezai this time. Rezai seems to be on good form right now and obviously isn't phased by the pressure of playing at home after winning last week in Strasbourg.

Aravane in 2

NeeemZ
May 27th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Aravane will win. Michelle Louder de Brito's stats against Zheng were rubbish. She hit about 30-35 unforced errors compared to 17 or so winners.

Especially in front of a home crowd and her current form, Aravane will win in straight sets.

adrovi
May 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Michelle in 3

Kipling
May 27th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Wow--she's barely 16 and already has a ton of nicknames:

the Burrito
Shrieky McNoisybox
Louder de Brito
the Screaming Burrito

Not bad for 16. By the time she's 18 no one will remember her real name, lol!

DownTheLine21
May 27th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Wow. This is a great opportunity for both players. I'll pick Rezai in two sets.

Shinjiro
May 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Rezai I sure hope

exoneuk
May 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM

the Burrito
Shrieky McNoisybox
Louder de Brito
the Screaming Burrito

Think someone called her de Cheato as well (but mainly cos of the screaming)

Temperenka
May 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM

the Burrito
Shrieky McNoisybox
Louder de Brito
the Screaming Burrito

it's Screamo de Burrito :lol:

Kipling
May 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Think someone called her de Cheato as well (but mainly cos of the screaming)

And I forgot "Bagelito"....

outofclass
May 27th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I honestly don't know. But I do know that I will probably never root harder for Aravane to win a match.

Good luck Aravane. Bring earplugs with on. :yeah:

Yes do that. root harder for a french, because we know what happend to your girls LOL

Kirill_M
May 27th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Aravane d. de Brito 6-2 6-2

Kirill_M
May 27th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Sure :rolls:

Shvedbarilescu
May 27th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Yes do that. root harder for a french, because we know what happend to your girls LOL

I'm not French. I might like some French players, but certainly not all. I do like 1960s French pop and 1960s French cinema too. I like French impressionist art too. But I'm not French. ;) And any rooting by me for Rezai has nothing to do with national loyalties.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 05:11 PM
That should be the effect of VODKA

multi-accounts :hearts:

Bероника
May 27th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Hopefully Aravane will win

InsideOut.
May 27th, 2009, 05:16 PM
And I forgot "Bagelito"....

And Michelle Larcher de Banshee :worship: with her amazing Yell of Hell :bowdown:

Back on topic... Aravane in straights. 6-3 6-2. While I want Aravane to win, I'd like to see what Dinara would do with Michelle's screaming - appeal to the umpire? Hit the ball right at her? 'VAMOS' her off the court? Destroy her racket (over her head)? Would be good drama.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Aravane should win if she can keep her nerves under control.

Renaissance
May 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I'm not French. I might like some French players, but certainly not all. I do like 1960s French pop and 1960s French cinema too. I like French impressionist art too. But I'm not French. ;) And any rooting by me for Rezai has nothing to do with national loyalties.

:rolleyes: Sure you are a francophile but you don't even know the History of France, that's pretty pathetic.She is french as Mauresmo or Johansson are so....:tape:

Noctis
May 27th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Aravane 60 60 i am not on volka i am on lucozade.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 05:34 PM
:rolleyes: Sure you are a francophile but you don't even know the History of France, that's pretty pathetic.She is french as Mauresmo or Johansson are so....:tape:

:confused:

outofclass
May 27th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Aravane 60 60 i am not on volka i am on lucozade.

Yes, I guess that cute girl that sang at the Olimpics opening drunked Coca-Cola. She is a great singer. LOL

Renaissance
May 27th, 2009, 05:52 PM
:confused:

According to ChrisCHorse i'm not loyal to my country France because i'm supporting a player of iranian descent.I don't see the point, as he should know France has always been a multicultural country,it's a crossroad in Europe.:rolleyes:

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 06:01 PM
According to ChrisCHorse i'm not loyal to my country France because i'm supporting a player of iranian descent.I don't see the point, as he should know France has always been a multicultural country,it's a crossroad in Europe.:rolleyes:

I was not sure of the meaning of your post cause it's not the kind of things I'd expect from him.I dunno what was the problem between you and him, but I agree that Aravane is as French as the others (same goes for Pierce, Golovin etc... imho).

Shvedbarilescu
May 27th, 2009, 06:15 PM

WTF are you talking about? I do not know where you are from and I don't care. I don't tell anyone from any country what country they should support and the fact that I like French pop music or movies or art has nothing to do with me knowing about or not knowing about French history. Nor does it reflect that I do or don't regard France as a multicultural country. For what it is worth, I do regard France as a multicultural country and coming from another multicultural country, Great Britain, I can say I do embrace multicultural society in general.

I also don't know what drugs you are on but I certainly do know I do not wish to have any myself.

Shvedbarilescu
May 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I was not sure of the meaning of your post cause it's not the kind of things I'd expect from him.I dunno what was the problem between you and him, but I agree that Aravane is as French as the others (same goes for Pierce, Golovin etc... imho).

I have never spoken to this invidual before I have no idea where he/she is coming up with these bizarre suggestions. I don't know whether to laugh or just shake my head in bafflement really. :shrug:

starin
May 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Michelle seems to love the big moment so I give her a decent shot. And she's got game but Rezai seems to enjoy the clay more while based on her awful results coming in Burrito seems to struggle on clay.

:rocker: Burrito 06 75 75

Kipling
May 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM
WTF are you talking about? I do not know where you are from and I don't care. I don't tell anyone from any country what country they should support and the fact that I like French pop music or movies or art has nothing to do with me knowing about or not knowing about French history. Nor does it reflect that I do or don't regard France as a multicultural country. For what it is worth, I do regard France as a multicultural country and coming from another multicultural country, Great Britain, I can say I do embrace multicultural society in general.

I also don't know what drugs you are on but I certainly do know I do not wish to have any myself.

Me either, but it sounds like something got lost in translation. You're straight up, Chris. I don't think you'd ever say anything like that.

But the point we're all missing here is that you absolutely cannot BEAT a Persian with a French accent. That's so unfairly sexy it's....it's....unfair.....

Aravane, please marry me!

But beat El Shrieko, first.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I have never spoken to this invidual before I have no idea where he/she is coming up with these bizarre suggestions. I don't know whether to laugh or just shake my head in bafflement really. :shrug:

:lol: It was my first thought(and his/her post came kinda out of nowhere)but I could have missed something so...

Maybe he/she mistook you for another poster :shrug:

Shvedbarilescu
May 27th, 2009, 06:39 PM

Ah....I have read you post again and I think I understand what you are thinking now. Okay. Let me try to explain this carefully.

1st, yes, Rezai is a French as any other player that plays for France, regardless or where they were born or what their racial background is.

When I say that I was supporting Rezai it had nothing to do with any national loyalties I meant just that. Although I like French pop music, movies and art I don't support any French players, regardless of whether their ethic background is French, simply because they are French. Some French players I like, some less so. My point is was simply just because I like French pop music doesn't mean I like French tennis players automatically. Nothing more than that. I do like a number of French players but not because of their nationality or because of any racial background. I certainly do not dislike any player because of their racial or national background. Some of the French players I like are from other ethnic backgrounds some are not. None of this should matter and I am only spelling this out to clarify things for one rather strange poster who has made some very bizarre misconceptions.

Kipling
May 27th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Ah....I have read you post again and I think I understand what you are thinking now. Okay. Let me try to explain this carefully.

1st, yes, Rezai is a French as any other player that plays for France, regardless or where they were born or what their racial background is.

When I say that I was supporting Rezai it had nothing to do with any national loyalties I meant just that. Although I like French pop music, movies and art I don't support any French players, regardless of whether their ethic background is French, simply because they are French. Some French players I like, some less so. My point is was simply just because I like French pop music doesn't mean I like French tennis players automatically. Nothing more than that. I do like a number of French players but not because of their nationality or because of any racial background. Some of the French players I like are from other ethnic backgrounds some are not. None of this should matter and I am only spelling this out to clarify things for one rather strange poster who has made some very bizarre misconceptions.

Good explanation.

I am an American, born in Trinidad, with English ancestry, and all of my favorite players are foreign. I guess to some that makes me unpatriotic, but to them I humbly offer a middle finger. Too much nationalism in the world to let it interfere in tennis. We like what we like.

Shvedbarilescu
May 27th, 2009, 06:57 PM
:lol: It was my first thought(and his/her post came kinda out of nowhere)but I could have missed something so...

Maybe he/she mistook you for another poster :shrug:

No, I don't think he/she mistook me for another poster. I think he/she just quite bizarrely misinterpreted what I said. I think in assuming I am a Francophile, which to a degree I am in that I do like quite a lot of French culture, although I like quite a bit of many other cultures too, he/she assumed that I like all things French and all players French. Which is certainly not true. Heck I don't even like all 1960s French pop. Serge Gainsbourg, Francoise Hardy...:yeah:. Johnny Haliday, Sylvie Vartan...:o. Furthermore I think somehow he/she interpreted my comment "And any rooting by me for Rezai has nothing to do with national loyalties" as meaning that I support other French players because of my loyalties to France but not Rezai.

Obviously this is not what I was saying. Infact I don't support any French players because of any French loyalty not just Rezai, for the simple reason that I don't have any emotional automatic aligence to France, I just like quite a few French things.

It not really a big deal. But I'm never fond of being misinterpreted, and especially in the manner that individual did.

Iceland
May 27th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I expect Aravane to win.

Melly Flew Us
May 27th, 2009, 08:23 PM
i love aravane but please god do not put this match on a televised court unless the screamer has learned to screech instead.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 08:35 PM
No, I don't think he/she mistook me for another poster. I think he/she just quite bizarrely misinterpreted what I said. I think in assuming I am a Francophile, which to a degree I am in that I do like quite a lot of French culture, although I like quite a bit of many other cultures too, he/she assumed that I like all things French and all players French. Which is certainly not true. Heck I don't even like all 1960s French pop. Serge Gainsbourg, Francoise Hardy...:yeah:. Johnny Haliday, Sylvie Vartan...:o. Furthermore I think somehow he/she interpreted my comment "And any rooting by me for Rezai has nothing to do with national loyalties" as meaning that I support other French players because of my loyalties to France but not Rezai.

Obviously this is not what I was saying. Infact I don't support any French players because of any French loyalty not just Rezai, for the simple reason that I don't have any emotional automatic aligence to France, I just like quite a few French things.

It not really a big deal. But I'm never fond of being misinterpreted, and especially in the manner that individual did.

The way the post was written I thought that maybe you had an argument before (and reading you first post i dunno how anyone could have come up with the conclusion that you were disliking Aravane because she had Iranian's roots ??!).
Just a case of bad traduction I guess.Forget it.

PS : loved the comment on Halliday (he's like a god in France :o)and Vartan :haha:(and Gainsbourg was a genius :cool:)

Beat
May 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
rezai 6:2 6:2. hopefully.

Beat
May 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Serge Gainsbourg, Francoise Hardy...:yeah:. Johnny Haliday, Sylvie Vartan...:o.
:lol: well put.

tea
May 27th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Michelle, hopefully. Why not?:D

CrossCourt~Rally
May 27th, 2009, 09:18 PM
MLDB in 3 sets as i feel this will be her breakout tourney :).

LUXXXAS
May 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM
de brito will get at least one bagel to her huge collection :p
Aravane 5-7;6-0;6-0

outofclass
May 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Rezai "should" win this match. She is the high ranked player, she is going to have the crowd for her, in her home country. They played in Miami and Rezai won confortably. But so did Zheng in her previous match with Michelle.