PDA

View Full Version : BBC/Eurosport/Sky Sports/ESPN/TTC- Etc - Coverage, Moan Thread !!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Jorn
May 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
2 on ES and 2 on ES 2

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Is BritishEurosport serious? They just said because there's only the final set tiebreak to play, they won't show it and move onto MotoGP :confused:
After all of the drama they won't show the audience the ending when the rain stops

SerenaMJ
May 20th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Is BritishEurosport serious? They just said because there's only the final set tiebreak to play, they won't show it and move onto MotoGP :confused:
After all of the drama they won't show the audience the ending when the rain stops

Eurosport has been useless. I hate the fact that they are the only station in Europe that covers WTA. We are pretty much screwed each time. I subscribed to their online player to be able to access some more material than they make available on regular ES ans ES2 as I get the WTA channel with that (at least sometimes). But if you want to watch VIDEO ON DEMAND you can pretty much keep dreaming. They have like 1 match from each day which is absolutely hopeless. And their selection of matches on demand is beyond ridiculous, eg. Serena vs Pennetta (match that only lasted until 4-0 as Pennetta retired). I would rather get Serena vs Garrigues which I heard was fantastic, but ES make their own stupid choices. It really pi**es me off that we can't even subscribe to Tennistv.com and get what ES is not giving us, because access for Europe is blocked. Only ATP is available :mad::fiery:

msharafan
May 20th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Ugh it's so annoying, anyone any idea when the rain will stop?

Jorn
May 20th, 2012, 04:25 PM
One said 3 days rain now in Rome...

babsi
May 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Eurosport has been useless. I hate the fact that they are the only station in Europe that covers WTA. We are pretty much screwed each time. I subscribed to their online player to be able to access some more material than they make available on regular ES ans ES2 as I get the WTA channel with that (at least sometimes). But if you want to watch VIDEO ON DEMAND you can pretty much keep dreaming. They have like 1 match from each day which is absolutely hopeless. And their selection of matches on demand is beyond ridiculous, eg. Serena vs Pennetta (match that only lasted until 4-0 as Pennetta retired). I would rather get Serena vs Garrigues which I heard was fantastic, but ES make their own stupid choices. It really pi**es me off that we can't even subscribe to Tennistv.com and get what ES is not giving us, because access for Europe is blocked. Only ATP is available :mad::fiery:

TennisTV isn't that brilliant, to start with you had the option of subscribing to the WTA or ATP in the first 2 years. From the beginning of this year you had to subscribe to both - which in turn means the price went up - double.

Then the other issue I have is that the stream doesn't work on my laptop which is of course is my fault according to their customer service. I only watch on the ipad. One problem that cropped up this week that the 'watch now' links were not working when a match was just about starting. I complained twice about it as it looked like they just couldn't be bothered to change the links. Magically the problem was solved but they tried to make it out to be my fault as I had to clear history, cookies but I did that and still the link would not work.

For example Eurosport had coverage from Stuttgart from the beginning of the tournament. TennisTV only started from Friday onwards. I am sure that is the case for a few tournaments as well.

I really think it is swings and roundabouts with tennis coverage. Sometimes Eurosport is better at a particular time and sometimes ESPN3 or TennisTV is.

SerenaMJ
May 20th, 2012, 08:12 PM
TennisTV isn't that brilliant, to start with you had the option of subscribing to the WTA or ATP in the first 2 years. From the beginning of this year you had to subscribe to both - which in turn means the price went up - double.

Then the other issue I have is that the stream doesn't work on my laptop which is of course is my fault according to their customer service. I only watch on the ipad. One problem that cropped up this week that the 'watch now' links were not working when a match was just about starting. I complained twice about it as it looked like they just couldn't be bothered to change the links. Magically the problem was solved but they tried to make it out to be my fault as I had to clear history, cookies but I did that and still the link would not work.

For example Eurosport had coverage from Stuttgart from the beginning of the tournament. TennisTV only started from Friday onwards. I am sure that is the case for a few tournaments as well.

I really think it is swings and roundabouts with tennis coverage. Sometimes Eurosport is better at a particular time and sometimes ESPN3 or TennisTV is.

But at least if you can choose from 3 of them you have a chance to watch what you want to watch. In Europe WTA Premier events streams on TennisTV.com are blocked and obviously ESPN3 is only available in USA. So whether I like it or not, I am stuck with flop Eurosport.

Jorn
May 25th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Can it be true ES 1/2 don't show Aga's match Live?

Jorn
May 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
No, also ES 2 DK show it. :)

But in the schedule they would start at 15hrs, but it Aga-Sport afterall ;)

duhcity
May 27th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I should take a shot every time Brian Baker is mentioned :sobbing:

Kismet
May 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM

Yeah the things the ESPN people say make for great drinking games

Slammer7
May 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM

We don't want you suffering from alcohol poisoning. :hug: :sobbing:

In The Zone
May 27th, 2012, 03:54 PM

He deserves it - one good run.

I haven't heard a Maria at 17 yet! I swear certain commentators read TennisForum. TennisChannel the other day during Brussels was like quoting us. Maybe Ted knows to STFU.

The French and Australian never fail in America. Australia we get wall to wall coverage from ESPN. We get first ball to last ball with the French, TennisChannel is committed (15 years ago, we didn't even get daily RG coverage!!).

Wimbledon and the US - NBC/CBS play games. But with the French and Aussie, that bull doesn't exist. Although NBC is airing today and they put Venus on last for that reason.

Slammer7
May 27th, 2012, 04:45 PM
He deserves it - one good run.

I haven't heard a Maria at 17 yet! I swear certain commentators read TennisForum. TennisChannel the other day during Brussels was like quoting us. Maybe Ted knows to STFU.

The French and Australian never fail in America. Australia we get wall to wall coverage from ESPN. We get first ball to last ball with the French, TennisChannel is committed (15 years ago, we didn't even get daily RG coverage!!).

Wimbledon and the US - NBC/CBS play games. But with the French and Aussie, that bull doesn't exist. Although NBC is airing today and they put Venus on last for that reason.

Yeah I just realized that about a half hour ago. :o :lol:

As far as what coverage was like a decade ago you are soooo right. It was like night and day compared to now. :tape: The FO used to come on USA network here and they would have a 2 hour and sometimes 4 hour block of coverage and at least one day there would be like a 1 hour highlight show because they had golf coverage. :rolleyes: I remember that you would rarely see more then a few games of a women's match till the quarterfinals and even then they would usually only show ONE women's quarterfinal. :o It was awful and when ESPN took it over in 2002 it was a blessing. :hearts: The Australian Open used to be taped delay theater until 2008 when TTC started having coverage. As much as tennis coverage (especially the women) can still be maddening, it's leaps and bounds above what it was a decade ago.

In The Zone
May 27th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Ted Robinson just said Australia starts on Sundays. :weirdo:

Gdsimmons
May 27th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I just love John McCenroe's commentary. So much more informative and skilled than his brothers.

Slammer7
May 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Ted Robinson just said Australia starts on Sundays. :weirdo:

Well it does here in the U.S, but I don't think that really counts. :lol: I think Ted needs to stick with the 49ers.

In The Zone
May 27th, 2012, 05:21 PM
:lol: yep!

And now NBC just posted that Ivanovic LOST 6-1, 6-1.

Slammer7
May 27th, 2012, 05:27 PM
They're not used to showing tennis this early. I guess they're rusty. :lol:

Rolling-Thunder
May 27th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I can't complain. ESPN has 6 channels to pick from.

Wintermute
May 27th, 2012, 07:34 PM
John Inverdale and Jim Courier horribly mispronouncing Radwanska. I mean she's been on tour for a while now, they must surely know by now.

toxina90
May 27th, 2012, 07:39 PM
John Inverdale and Jim Courier horribly mispronouncing Radwanska. I mean she's been on tour for a while now, they must surely know by now.

Inverdale still gets work? :o wish he'd stick to those claims adverts :help:

In The Zone
May 27th, 2012, 07:49 PM
There was still live tennis and Tennis Channel started DelPotro tape instead of continuing with LIVE tennis, albeit lesser women. No good. Live >>>>>>> Tape.

Mary Cherry.
May 27th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Inverdale still gets work? :o wish he'd stick to those claims adverts :help:

That's Andrew Castle. Fortunately I don't think ITV have given him a job this year.

toxina90
May 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM
That's Andrew Castle. Fortunately I don't think ITV have given him a job this year.

How could I get them mixed up? Sorry I'm hungover. They at least have similar hair colour :p

darrinbaker00
May 27th, 2012, 08:13 PM
There was still live tennis and Tennis Channel started DelPotro tape instead of continuing with LIVE tennis, albeit lesser women. No good. Live >>>>>>> Tape.

I don't think they're contracted to show live matches at Roland Garros. I know they aren't for Wimbledon.

Slammer7
May 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I don't think they're contracted to show live matches at Roland Garros. I know they aren't for Wimbledon.

They showed Roddick's match live once ESPN went off the air this morning. They had a 2 or 3 hour block of Live coverage before NBC took over at noon Eastern.

In The Zone
May 27th, 2012, 08:24 PM

And here you are again posting about things you have no clue about.

Of course Tennis Channel has live RG coverage. They will be live at 10am all slam. They were live from 10am to 230pm. They just weren't allowed to show Venus.

MegaDethly
May 27th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Of course Tennis Channel has live RG coverage. They will be live at 10am all slam. They were live from 10am to 230pm. They just weren't allowed to show Venus.

Why weren't they allowed to show Venus?

Slammer7
May 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Why weren't they allowed to show Venus?

Because NBC wanted Venus' match and they are the big dog in this scenario and they take the matches they want.

http://images.crystalscomments.com/6/12477.jpg

:lol:

TTC has to deal with the crumbs when NBC "embargo's" a match.

darrinbaker00
May 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM

Hence the three words "I don't think." Even if I had made a declarative statement and was wrong, so what? I have been wrong before, as have you, and I will be wrong again, as will you.

Kismet
May 30th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Pretty sure ESPN said they would be showing the Ivanovic match, unless I heard wrong. Even so, there is live tennis going on, and yet they choose to show the Serena-Razzano match, and give a million excuses as to why Serena lost. These people! :fiery:

jameshazza
May 30th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Anyone else annoyed by ITV's brainless chatter throughout points?

Mary Cherry.
May 30th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Anyone else annoyed by ITV's brainless chatter throughout points?

Nope, for some reason my ITV3 and 4 aren't working. Maybe Virgin Media has done me a favour :lol:

jameshazza
May 30th, 2012, 04:52 PM
The only good thing about the coverage is I think they have Amelie everyday at around 7.30

duhcity
May 30th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Pretty sure ESPN said they would be showing the Ivanovic match, unless I heard wrong. Even so, there is live tennis going on, and yet they choose to show the Serena-Razzano match, and give a million excuses as to why Serena lost. These people! :fiery:

In all honesty, I thought they were justified in showing that last game. It's probably going to be the most significant women's match of the tourney, and ESPN didn't get to show it yesterday. If you don't have Tennis Channel, you saw none of that match.

Kismet
May 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
In all honesty, I thought they were justified in showing that last game. It's probably going to be the most significant women's match of the tourney, and ESPN didn't get to show it yesterday. If you don't have Tennis Channel, you saw none of that match.

Fair enough, forgot it was only shown on TTC!

davidmario
May 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
german es and german es2 BOTH showing stebe-tsonga.

wtf is that shit??!!! only retards working there?

duhcity
May 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry can Lindsay Davenport ever shut the flying fuck up about scheduling. She harped on and on about Wozniacki, and now Radwanska, about playing before the start of a slam, but from what I remember she hauled her ass to New Haven, Sydney, and Eastbourne plenty of goddamn times.

Kampi
May 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM
german es and german es2 BOTH showing stebe-tsonga.

wtf is that shit??!!! only retards working there?

Cannot agree more my friend. This is just a bloody joke. Seriously, nobody wants to see that stupid match. Radwa vs. Venus at the same time....oh god, I'm really angry about that shit.:fiery::fiery::fiery:

Lisickinator
May 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM
There is no German ES2. We only see an international version.

Kampi
May 30th, 2012, 06:38 PM
There is no German ES2. We only see an international version.

Anyway, Radwa vs. Venus is over but it sucked big.:mad:

davidmario
May 30th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Anyway, Radwa vs. Venus is over but it sucked big.:mad:

thanks to vee:sobbing:

ghost world
May 31st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Wozniacki over Nadal?

D:

StephenUK
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Showing the most one-sided and interminable Youzhny-Ferrer match on ITV3 and then mindless chit-chat on ITV1 to fill in time before Murray appears on court.....whilst Petra Kvitova is being taken to three sets. Purleeze, get your act together!!!! :o:(

StephenUK
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Finally we see Kvitova, 2 hours later! For f***'s sake!!!!

FleetSeb
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
I can see why they put on Ferrer-Youzhny initially. Put together they are bigger names than any of the women's matches on at the moment BUT I agree once it was a set and a break to Ferru they should have switched over to Petra.

cescsas
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
I'm afraid that's not a surprise by ITV. There were four matches they could have chosen this morning and they chose the most one sided match of them all where you could tell who was going to win after the first few games.

FleetSeb
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
To be fair to them now they're sticking with McHale vs Li over Murray. That's a pretty strong pro-WTA stance.

PetraReeMona
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
To be fair to them now they're sticking with McHale vs Li over Murray. That's a pretty strong pro-WTA stance.

Not really.... Murray match is on ITV1

FleetSeb
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Not really.... Murray match is on ITV1

:lol: I didn't even realise, I've just got ITV player in one of my tabs but with the sound off.

Jorn
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
ES 2 here had not Li Na match in their programme for today, but show it...

Raiden
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Murray match is on ITV1I'm not watching the Murray match now but listening to Matt Cronin's live commentary on RG radio (never mind that half the time Matt is mostly talking about a thousand things none of which have anything to do with Murray or tennis in general. Not that I mind offtopic small-talk, but I just do NOT want to hear anything about Matt endlessly yapping about especially that crappy Seinfeld show :lol:

Libertango
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
I'm fairly sure the ES studio presenter just called Peng Shuai, "Feng Shui" ...

:help: :tape:

MegaDethly
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
John Invepieceofshit's pronunciation is getting worse and he actually just slurs the last couple of syllables of names he knows he can't pronounce in the hope that no-one notices or at least that the camera has already cut to someone else's face.

MegaDethly
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
He's now just claimed in the recap after the Woz-Kaia match that Schiavone came through in three sets earlier in the day when she in fact lost.

Maria rocks
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Wozniacki over Nadal?

D:

I would rather watch Wozniaki than Nadal any day.

OoohBarracuda
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:49 PM
For a channel that shows WTA events all year round, it has been frustrating how little Eurosport having been televising the women's matches. They have been better over the past couple of days, but they were terrible the other day; I counted 11 matches shown in total over the two channels and only three of those were women. They didn't even show Azarenka when she was playing, I think it was Djokovic and Del Potro matches instead. To not show the world number one play I think is really bad.

babsi
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM
TSN - the audio is out of sync. No excuse for this.

edificio
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:52 PM
For a channel that shows WTA events all year round, it has been frustrating how little Eurosport having been televising the women's matches. They have been better over the past couple of days, but they were terrible the other day; I counted 11 matches shown in total over the two channels and only three of those were women. They didn't even show Azarenka when she was playing, I think it was Djokovic and Del Potro matches instead. To not show the world number one play I think is really bad.

I agree. It has been very surprising. So many women's matches shafted. :fiery:

Meelis
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:54 PM

It would be the same outside slams too, if only they had the rights to show more ATP.

Maria4Ever
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM

I agree, has been poor but that said I have never been THAT impressed with their coverage all season. That said I cannot stand Azarenka, so I am not fussed whether she is shown or not. I follow the men as well as women, so I am happy to watch a good match, so I am happy to watch Del Potro/Nadal anyway. That said I would like more of Kanepi/Wozniaki/Sharapova, etc. I will say this the loss of Serena has hurt the tournament in terms of coverage, the biggest market is the USA...without Serena...you can see the TV networks point of view.

duhcity
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I agree, has been poor but that said I have never been THAT impressed with their coverage all season. That said I cannot stand Azarenka, so I am not fussed whether she is shown or not. I follow the men as well as women, so I am happy to watch a good match, so I am happy to watch Del Potro/Nadal anyway. That said I would like more of Kanepi/Wozniaki/Sharapova, etc. I will say this the loss of Serena has hurt the tournament in terms of coverage, the biggest market is the USA...without Serena...you can see the TV networks point of view.

WTA coverage would be miniscule without Eurosport.

alwayshingis
Jun 4th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Mary Carillo just said "Alexandra Kanepi."

That is all.

edificio
Jun 4th, 2012, 08:39 PM

That is all.

:lol::help:

:rolleyes:

Imagine the Olympics full of Carillo. :mad:

tennisrules
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:50 AM

That is all.

That's tough to top but watching ESPN highlights of Sharapova-Kvitova today, the anchorman pronounced it "SHA-RHYA-POVA" vs. "KVIT-IKOVA":tape::facepalm:

But Carillo being a supposed tennis journalist should know better.

lefty24
Jun 8th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Speaking of Olympics, does anyone know how coverage in the US is gonna work? Is it only NBC?

fifiricci
Jun 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
ITV is covering RG in the UK this year and I would like to give them my thumbs up. Blanket coverage, good commentary and great pundits - Amelie Mauresmo and Fabrice Santoro are a joy to behold!!

TimeyWimey
Jun 8th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Speaking of Olympics, does anyone know how coverage in the US is gonna work? Is it only NBC?

yes

doujyr
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
so what's the coverage for everyone?

uk is bbc red button, no bbc website streaming which is surprising

Jimmie48
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Wimbledon is on SKY (the only tournament they show each year) so I get to watch tennis in HD for once...yay :)

jameshazza
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I think BBC iPlayer has 6 courts to stream. If you have a PS3 you can stream it live through the BBC Sport app as well. But yeah, red button for me.

doujyr
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:56 AM
i was looking for iplayer streams for when i'm not at a tv but can't find any on the beeb website. all it has at the moment is a review of 2011.

jameshazza
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Not sure, I've never actually tried streaming them. Maybe the option will be there once play starts. :shrug:

Martao
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Anyone know if we can watch WImbly from Holland somewhere?

GS2
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:24 AM
i was looking for iplayer streams for when i'm not at a tv but can't find any on the beeb website. all it has at the moment is a review of 2011.

The streams are up on the website now.

duhcity
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Wow can you say UPGRADE for the ESPN studio?

davidmario
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM
what are the show courts again?

doujyr
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM
The streams are up on the website now.

yes, thanks, but only a selection of those available. i wonder why they don't just do them all? typically the match i want to see - lisicki vs martic - isn't streamed! oh well, off to lshunter.

duhcity
Jun 25th, 2012, 03:34 PM
The new ESPN guy works on Football, and loves to just talk talk talk.

And Lord I miss Chris McKendry. Hannah Storm is AWFUL.

TimeyWimey
Jun 25th, 2012, 06:05 PM
The new ESPN guy works on Football, and loves to just talk talk talk.

And Lord I miss Chris McKendry. Hannah Storm is AWFUL.

me too :(

dybbuk
Jun 25th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Does anyone else think Pam Shriver has gotten increasingly harsh and bitter over the years? I don't remember her being this NASTY 5+ years ago.

duhcity
Jun 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Does anyone else think Pam Shriver has gotten increasingly harsh and bitter over the years? I don't remember her being this NASTY 5+ years ago.

Probably hasn't had the time to pop over to the Pimms stand.
I still remember vividly a few years ago, Pam was interviewing fans sitting on some grass about 30 minutes into the broadcast waving an empty wine bottle around.

Blackbeat
Jun 25th, 2012, 08:40 PM
the scoreboard is faster than my sky sports HD on TV?!?! WTF...just realized that at the Bepa - Barthel match....

darrinbaker00
Jun 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Wow can you say UPGRADE for the ESPN studio?

I think that used to be the NBC studio.

pling
Jun 25th, 2012, 09:28 PM
what are the show courts again?

I believe C, 1, 2, 3, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18 have cameras.

But not all seem to be available at the same time.

doujyr
Jun 26th, 2012, 11:50 AM
seven streamed matches, only one womens match :rolleyes:

lefty24
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I was kind of pissed at ESPN yesterday because they kept on cutting out big chunks of matches to show interviews(which I understand) and replays.
I was really happy that they showed the majority of the Sharapova match today though! Especially since it was the #1 male player against an American.

I've really been enjoying TTC Wimbledon primetime. Although I wish they would show the Woz match today instead of Kims match.

jameshazza
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:28 PM
I was kind of pissed at ESPN yesterday because they kept on cutting out big chunks of matches to show interviews(which I understand) and replays.
I was really happy that they showed the majority of the Sharapova match today though! Especially since it was the #1 male player against an American.

I've really been enjoying TTC Wimbledon primetime. Although I wish they would show the Woz match today instead of Kims match.

I thought ESPN3 were streaming everything? And in case your not subscribed I seen streams on sport lemon, which I've never seen before now.

lefty24
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I thought ESPN3 were streaming everything? And in case your not subscribed I seen streams on sport lemon, which I've never seen before now.

true but I would much rather watch HD on a big screen TV :p
Plus my computer freezes all the time.

jameshazza
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:34 PM
true but I would much rather watch HD on a big screen TV :p
Plus my computer freezes all the time.

Damn. I can say BBC streams are very fine quality though.

doujyr
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Damn. I can say BBC streams are very fine quality though.

my iPlayer keeps cutting out and bouncing back to the menu every 10 or so minutes

jameshazza
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:42 PM
my iPlayer keeps cutting out and bouncing back to the menu every 10 or so minutes

I was actually gonna ask that. Other than that though I think they're great.

doujyr
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:45 PM
it doesn't do it for the footie so maybe it's programmed in to the tennis streams to stop people just leaving them running all day, but 10 mins is very short.

Rolling-Thunder
Jun 28th, 2012, 01:56 PM
The ESPN coverage here really sicks. There are like 6 channels, but a lot of times the 2 screens are just playing music.
Right now there is NO coverage on center court with Serena playing an hour into play. How is that possible?

Why have a lot of channels if you're not showing matches when there are scores being played?

Rex59
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:00 PM
The ESPN coverage here really sicks. There are like 6 channels, but a lot of times the 2 screens are just playing music.
Right now there is NO coverage on center court with Serena playing an hour into play. How is that possible?

Why have a lot of channels if you're not showing matches when there are scores being played?

ESPN3 coverage here in the States with 9 show courts is just fine. Watched all of my faves either win or lose......no problems. Stream quality has been top-notch. No complaints, save for Cable going out here and there. However, regarding the cable failure, I just switched browsers and it's okay.

Rex59
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I believe C, 1, 2, 3, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18 have cameras.

But not all seem to be available at the same time.

They are on ESPN3......

veryborednow
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I wish that the BBC would stick with a match once it's started showing it. First, the Goffin match was lost to swtich to Serena, now they show 2 games of the Bartoli-Lucic match for athletics - not even for athletics just a sign saying it's coming shortly.

edificio
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM
ESPN3 coverage here in the States with 9 show courts is just fine. Watched all of my faves either win or lose......no problems. Stream quality has been top-notch. No complaints, save for Cable going out here and there. However, regarding the cable failure, I just switched browsers and it's okay.

I am unable to use ESPN3. :sad: So...ESPN coverage for me has really sucked. Too many men's matches, too many bits of matches. It is frustrating.

kris719
Jun 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
coverage on espn2 has always sucked balls, espn3 has actually been really good. don't have to rely on livescorehunter for a change.

fnc
Jun 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM
The BBC red button coverage this year has really gone downhill. They keep on switching courts and matches. At the moment they're still not showing anything from C2 because they can't stop rambling on about the mens side. Whilst on the red button they have C3, C12 and some mens doubles matches (only because there are some Brits in it).

duhcity
Jun 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM
omg Pam was on the Hill interviewing a lady with a thick scottish accent :hysteric:
And then Chris says she should have a Pimms after that interview, and Hannah Storm goes: "If she hasn't already"

goat
Jun 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Those people complaining about the tennis coverage... instead of tennis they showed spain vs portugal 3 times a day here in Budapest, I cannot find any station with Wimbledon being broadcast... :(

Stonerpova
Jun 30th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Pam's interview with the Scottish lady was GOLD

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
BBc coverage today started at 11.30 with Sue saying they'd be showing Ivanovic

30 mins of waffling and endless chatter and we got Ivanovic after 12.

It wasnt even on the red button.

Why dont they start coverage at 11am if they wanted us to hear Barker, Austin and Lloyd talking :bs:

KarlyM*
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM
omg Pam was on the Hill interviewing a lady with a thick scottish accent :hysteric:
And then Chris says she should have a Pimms after that interview, and Hannah Storm goes: "If she hasn't already" :haha: :oh: :hysteric:

Rolling-Thunder
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Another complaint I have is the lack of coverage for matches online. Just stream the matches without commentary from the satelite feed. That's the minimum in this day and age to ask for.

duhcity
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:14 PM
The GOLDEN interview

Q1NTtr5y4fU

killerqueen
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:22 PM
The GOLDEN interview

Q1NTtr5y4fU

Lmao! :lol:

Was that Heather Trott I spied at the start? (British FM's will know who I mean!)

smarties
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:26 PM
The wimbledon feeds are crappy: keeps chopping up and going offline; I feel like I'm in the 90's or something...

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Pam's interview with the Scottish lady was GOLD

Omg, that was hilarious :happy:

Pam was like, "you speak English up in Scotland, right? " :oh:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 30th, 2012, 11:09 PM
omg lol. Pam should have a special segment during the broadcast to interview people on Henman Hill. It's GOLD everytime

duhcity
Jul 1st, 2012, 02:14 PM
ESPN is airing a grunting segment right now. Interesting.

kris719
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:08 PM
Peng/Kirilenko match

Annoying American asshole admiring Peng winner: "Just look at her get down so low and hit that backhand up the line!"
Awesome British dude: "You're just impressed that a woman can get down on one knee in front of you."

Win.

fnc
Jul 7th, 2012, 01:38 PM
At the moment all the BBC red button channels are being used for F1 and MotoGP. So no coverage at the moment from court 1 or any of the other courts. Idiots.

doujyr
Aug 13th, 2012, 04:23 PM
1r coverage from cincy??? what's going on? there isn't usually coverage of USA prems until the qfs. don't tell me they've responded to criticism of coverage after the shambles of iw, miami and madrid?

Jorn
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:11 PM
But with the mens playing also it gonna be a ''mess'' this week...

doujyr
Aug 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
so why have they randomly decided not to stream woz vs sesil? :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Aug 16th, 2012, 12:40 AM
UK folk, does anyone know if ESPN will have tennis coverage in 2013? Even if it's just the smaller tournaments again.

lefty24
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Wait why the fuck is CBS showing football? Are kidding me?

Go fuck yourself. And of all sports football?

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:20 PM
Sky red button not working today FAIL :(

jameshazza
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Sky red button not working today FAIL :(

You definitely sure, was doing that on me a couple of days ago. Sometimes when you press back up the red button option won't appear/work. Have you tried turning your box off and on?

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:34 PM
You definitely sure, was doing that on me a couple of days ago. Sometimes when you press back up the red button option won't appear/work. Have you tried turning your box off and on?

before when you pressed red button
the UEFA Champions League came up then a test card

now its just like normal without the interactive features

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
normally they have always said you have a choice of courts
but they didnt today-nor mentioned it

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:19 PM
you were spot on
red button now working

ZAK
Sep 1st, 2012, 08:07 PM
So no US TV is showing the night match tonight?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
So no US TV is showing the night match tonight?

Its on The Tennis Channel and on usopen.org for Americans

Mistress of Evil
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Agasport ditching Azarenka vs Stosyr after the first set and shows Gasquet vs Ferrer instead :tears:

Raiden
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM
^ It's not only Europort - ESPN also switched to the Gasquet duel just as the Sam-Vika match was getting interesting :lol:

ShiftyFella
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Agasport ditching Azarenka vs Stosyr after the first set and shows Gasquet vs Ferrer instead :tears:
nope, it's on EU2

toby345
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:56 PM
nope, it's on EU2

which is not available for free..

ShiftyFella
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:58 PM
which is not available for free..
whaat? i've get them all fro free

toby345
Sep 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
whaat? i've get them all fro free

Eurosport 2/HD is part of PayTv here in Germany :shrug:

Mistress of Evil
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM
nope, it's on EU2

Err, it was initially on Eurosport and then it got sacked for a mediocre men's match. :spit:

Sharapova vs Bartoli will be shown on 2 as well. :rolls:

gentenaire
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I keep missing a few points because I'm always late switching back to the channel, after changing to another channel every time the Turkish airlines ad comes on.

Jorn
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Now I can't moan about mens tennis on Nordic TV as we got a C More tennis channel (Even we need to pay) There may also be some womens MM's on there...

Patrick345
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Luckily Eurosport replays the Radwanska/Vinci match for a 2nd time during a rain delay today, if you weren´t fortunate enough to catch it the first time around. :rolleyes:

GrandMartha
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
no chance of watching Sharapova on ES tonight. After Ferrer they'll torture us with the Kohlschreiber match :inlove:

Patrick345
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:56 PM
no chance of watching Sharapova on ES tonight. After Ferrer they'll torture us with the Kohlschreiber match :inlove:

100%, not only Kohlschreiber vs. TIPSAREVIC. At least Kohlschreiber was finally kicked out of the German Davis Cup team.

Calypso
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM
nope, it's on EU2
ESPN switched from Azarenka/ Stosur to show the 2nd set tiebreak between Ferrer and Gasquet, with Sammy serving at 1-6,6-4,4-5:eek::mad: Luckily, when they switched back, it was 5-5 :(!

babsi
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:56 PM
ESPN switched from Azarenka/ Stosur to show the 2nd set tiebreak between Ferrer and Gasquet, with Sammy serving at 1-6,6-4,4-5:eek::mad: Luckily, when they switched back, it was 5-5 :(!

Yesterday, in the final game of the Ana match, CBS missed the first three points and came back when Ana had those three matchpoints:lol:

Kipling
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:08 PM
We all have our pet peeves as far as commentary and commentators go, and I'm as guilty as anyone about it, but a couple of days ago I witnessed the absolute worst I've ever seen, a total abomination. On the USOpen.org streaming, court 17, I think it was, Crispino and Bartel (sp?). She (Bartel), in particular, was an imbecile....clearly had never seen any of the players ranked outside of maybe the top three, as she knew zilch about any of them. She just picked out one of the four players playing doubles in any given match to criticize and for that match, that one player became her scapegoat, regardless of the shots that were played. She was literally calling the match while blindfolded--I am willing to bet almost anything on it. Either blindfolded or drunk. Or maybe both.

Either that, or she's a moron.

ShiftyFella
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:57 PM
at least ESPN2 shows Hannah Storm and not stupid Lopez or Radwanska matches

Calypso
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM

Yesterday, in the final game of the Ana match, CBS missed the first three points and came back when Ana had those three matchpoints:lol:
OMG :lol:

V-MAC
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Spare a thought for those of us with British Eurosport....they must have showed a replay of the Murray/Raonic match at least 6 times now:o

On another note, can't believe one of the commentators referred to Milos as the "hunky" Canadian....he is far from it:scared:

Rocketta
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Why oh Why do I have to listen to Mary Carillo today! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Slammer7
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Why oh Why do I have to listen to Mary Carillo today! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Because CBS hate's humanity. :sobbing:

:rolls:

lefty24
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:33 PM

I'm so annoyed with her. Shut up about the grunting for one freaking second!

Yeah right it's affecting attendance.

JadeFox
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:37 PM

I was so happy when she left ESPN2. Then I remember she was still on CBS. It's like a slasher movie in which the sole survivor thinks the killer is dead before the killer pops up again for one last scare.

Rocketta
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I was so happy when she left ESPN2. Then I remember she was still on CBS. It's like a slasher movie in which the sole survivor thinks the killer is dead before the killer pops up again for one last scare.

She is so disingenuous especially about her complaints on grunting. :rolleyes:

edificio
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:48 PM
She was also on NBC for the Olympics. She's everywhere. Bring the garlic and the stake, someone!

Slammer7

:spit: :happy: :yeah:

But look on the bright side, because ESPN has the overwhelming majority of the slam coverage in the U.S and they fired/'parted ways with her' we only have to deal with her commentary at two (and after NBC loses the FO in a couple of years) one slam a year. :D We are 90% more Carillo-free then we were 3 years ago. :bounce: :hearts: :banana:

Rocketta
Because CBS hate's humanity. :sobbing:

:rolls:

well they certainly must hate me because she makes me :cuckoo:

Slammer7
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:56 PM
well they certainly must hate me because she makes me :cuckoo:

Crazy loves company, just like misery. :lol: I think we all wonder who she has naked pictures of to keep getting jobs. :lol:

JadeFox
Sep 7th, 2012, 09:01 PM
She is so disingenuous especially about her complaints on grunting. :rolleyes:

Yeah I'll believe she's upset about grunting when she starts complaining about the male grunters. Ferrer's match against Janko yesterday wasn't exactly silent. :rolleyes:

:spit: :happy: :yeah:

But look on the bright side, because ESPN has the overwhelming majority of the slam coverage in the U.S and they fired/'parted ways with her' we only have to deal with her commentary at two (and after NBC loses the FO in a couple of years) one slam a year. :D We are 90% more Carillo-free then we were 3 years ago. :bounce: :hearts: :banana:

But she's on the Tennis Channel too. I just remembered that. I recall watching Murray/Cilic play and she griped about how she can't take any match lasting longer than two hours. And I'm like,

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92s00ML671rrd1wp.gif

Slammer7
Sep 7th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah I'll believe she's upset about grunting when she starts complaining about the male grunters. Ferrer's match against Janko yesterday wasn't exactly silent. :rolleyes:

But she's on the Tennis Channel too. I just remembered that. I recall watching Murray/Cilic play and she griped about how she can't take any match lasting longer than two hours. And I'm like,

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92s00ML671rrd1wp.gif

Yes but she doesn't do commentary there. Outside of a rare match at the FO she doesn't do in match commentary for TTC. (Edit I mean of top players, since TTC only has coverage of the "Anything but Ashe" for the U.S Open. I'm sorry you had to experience extra Carillo this week. :hug: Find your happy place. :hug:)The nuisance that is her in-studio work is only for a few minutes thankfully. :lol: I remember the days when almost 60% of my faves matches featured Carillo. :tape: Just think about it, she will only call about a dozen or so GS matches a year once NBC's FO contract runs out. :hearts:

KournikovaFan91
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:38 AM
:lol: Sky Sports doing a straw poll of the crowd and NONE of the crowd cared about the grunting.

SerenaMJ
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:39 AM
British Eurosport is the worst shit ever!

ozza
Oct 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I don't know if everyone on Eurosport gets the same. But the team on British Eurosport (Wade, Croft, and some guy whose name I forget) for WTA Champs are spectacularly bad.

leftyness
Oct 25th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I don't know if everyone on Eurosport gets the same. But the team on British Eurosport (Wade, Croft, and some guy whose name I forget) for WTA Champs are spectacularly bad.

That would be Rob Curling. I like the combo though. Croft is so bad she's good, Virginia is a fave, and Rob manages not to ruin the whole thing. Besides, seeing as this could almost certainly be Eurosport's last time doing the Tour Championships, I'll miss their coverage.:sad:

CSN-4TW
Oct 25th, 2012, 12:28 PM
British Eurosport is the worst shit ever!

Never! German Eurosport = billiard, snooker, dart and some motorsport oder cycling. Tennis? What is tennis? :fiery::fiery::fiery:

Who is looking all that shit?!

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Eurosport showing Watson :o
ITV4 showing same :help:

and ES2 putting on queen vulture :rolleyes:

garwe
May 29th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Eurosport showing Watson :o
ITV4 showing same :help:

and ES2 putting on queen vulture :rolleyes:

My eurosport shows Azarenka at least. I guess it is called international.

ozza
May 29th, 2013, 10:31 AM
My eurosport shows Azarenka at least. I guess it is called international.

It's just British Eurosport showing Watson vs Voegele. The unfortunate thing is we then take the match international has on ES2, so Azarenka isn't televised here.

adner
May 29th, 2013, 10:37 AM
It's just British Eurosport showing Watson vs Voegele. The unfortunate thing is we then take the match international has on ES2, so Azarenka isn't televised here.

Good for your ears.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 16th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Eurosport :rolleyes:
instead of live tennis they go and show a recording of Game, Set & Mats :help: :cuckoo:

Hikikomori
Jan 16th, 2014, 12:44 AM
for what its worth, its 8pm Atlantic time

But you should really be in bed GMT :P

Geertvg
Jan 16th, 2014, 12:50 AM
instead of live tennis they go and show a recording of Game, Set & Mats :help: :cuckoo:

Because they hadn't shown the recorded show 7 times before...

Thiudans
Jan 16th, 2014, 12:59 AM

:spit: I hope they lose GS rights, too :facepalm: Ridiculous.

Jorn
Jan 16th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Did the snooker overrun? I went and speept some hours in advance ;)

Geertvg
Jan 16th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Did the snooker overrun? I went and speept some hours in advance ;)

What a ridiculous assumption!!

No,no. They first had a really long rally (as in those super boring car racing things, in some desert, whatever) show, that ran until 1 PM, and then, when play started live, they forgot they still had to do the 87th run of Game, Set and Mats...

Geertvg
Jan 17th, 2014, 12:00 AM
OMG eurosport! THANK YOU! I so wanted to see MORE rally sport when the Ausopen is about to start live!! You guys are doing such a brilliant job :yeah:

Keep it up!! :bounce:

Daniel535
Jan 17th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Any good online livestream??

msharafan
Jan 17th, 2014, 12:12 AM
This is so annoying eurosport 2 are showing penetta and barthel instead of the serena dani match :-/ and eurosport 1 are showing recorded dakar rally :-/

Thiudans
Jan 17th, 2014, 12:14 AM
This is so annoying eurosport 2 are showing penetta and barthel instead of the serena dani match :-/ and eurosport 1 are showing recorded dakar rally :-/

Just caught that :facepalm:. Lol, I can't really imagine what motivates them to this stupidity. :help:

msharafan
Jan 17th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Just caught that :facepalm:. Lol, I can't really imagine what motivates them to this stupidity. :help:

Yeh I dont understand it at all :-/

Geertvg
Jan 17th, 2014, 12:18 AM

And maybe after they rally we'll see another run of Game, Set and Mats :hearts::hearts::hearts:

msharafan
Jan 17th, 2014, 12:21 AM
And maybe after they rally we'll see another run of Game, Set and Mats :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Ohh the anticipation is killing me :rolleyes:

Seriously eurosport :help::tape:

matty
Jan 17th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Last year, I could see all the slams (except for US Open) for free on the Tourney site - now you have to have ESPN to watch them. Thank goodness for drakula.

JacksonMartinez
Jan 17th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Angelique Kerber, Mona Barthel and Florian Mayer are all playing right now... but Eurosport Germany shows the Williams-Hantuchova match instead... yeah right

joco66
Jan 17th, 2014, 01:20 AM
eurosport 2 hd just stopped working for me, does anybody else have that problem?

Thiudans
Jan 17th, 2014, 01:52 AM
Angelique Kerber, Mona Barthel and Florian Mayer are all playing right now... but Eurosport Germany shows the Williams-Hantuchova match instead... yeah right

:unsure:

JeMa
Jan 17th, 2014, 02:31 AM
ESPN has college basketball :(

my streaming is bad quality

edificio
Jan 17th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Last year, I could see all the slams (except for US Open) for free on the Tourney site - now you have to have ESPN to watch them. Thank goodness for drakula.

I loved the US Open because I can see any match free and easy on their Web site (usopen.com). I cannot watch any ESPN3 matches at all, since my ISP is not the same as my cable provider. :mad: It infuriates me. Actually, seems as though I've seen hardly any matches, because they rarely show the women's matches on TV and the streams don't always work for me.

rucolo
Jan 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM

:unsure:

I know, it`s just pathetic :o

Eurosport Germany only has the "international view" of courts. They did not want to pay extra money for a "German window" where they could show matches of German players. It`s a big shame that Eurosport Germany doesn`t give a fuck about tennis :rolleyes:

The TV situation for tennis in Germany currently is awful :help:

2moretogo
May 16th, 2014, 05:02 PM
So pissed that I can't watch this stream on ESPN3 on my phone. Tennis Channel's ongoing legal issues with Comcast prevent live tennis to be streamed online. Sucks! I was interested in seeing the match up between Jelena and Aga. At least we will be getting Serena later on.