PDA

View Full Version : BBC/Eurosport/Sky Sports/ESPN/TTC- Etc - Coverage, Moan Thread !!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

edificio
Mar 10th, 2012, 06:51 PM
This lack of coverage is pissing me off!

Isner v. Gil? No!

You'd think there wasn't a women's tournament going on right now.

jameshazza
Mar 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=455390

Break My Rapture
Mar 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Why do I have this feeling you're talking to yourself....
:crying2:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM
There is no way TTC or Espn would show anything other than Isner or Roddick today.

I dont get "round 3 and on" rules for WTA matches. What is the point?

tennis-insomniac
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:27 PM
This is Ridiculous.

It is embarrassing and unfair to see WTA coverage got outshone by ATP. Sharapova-Dilko match is a potential good match and many others also.

Spice
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
someone do something, start a twitter, or read my email!

fantic
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:40 PM
there's Radiotennis.

" This place is sold out this weekend. I couldn't even find a grounds pass ticket for my beautiful daughter who drove in all the way from Santa Barbara."

:sobbing: maybe she got an evening session ticket like me :lol:

Madoka
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Sharapova-Dilko match is a potential good match and many others also.

we already missed ViKa - Barthel yesterday.

sweetadri06
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:57 PM
we already missed ViKa - Barthel yesterday.

It's so sad that you can't even watch the number one player in her first match. That just goes to show the priority it has under mens tennis. What if she lost yesterday? No one would even know what went on. Pathetic.

BillFromRichmond
Mar 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
can't see any listed anywhere for today (Saturday)

this is beyond a joke now :mad::fiery:

I guess the fans overseas are SOL. Tennis Channel has all 13 hours of live coverage today in the US. No complaints here....

Jorn
Mar 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
So will TTC show Caro's and Masha's matches tonight?

sweetadri06
Mar 10th, 2012, 08:19 PM

yes

jameshazza
Mar 10th, 2012, 08:28 PM
It's so sad that you can't even watch the number one player in her first match. That just goes to show the priority it has under mens tennis. What if she lost yesterday? No one would even know what went on. Pathetic.

This. And then you have players like Serena, who in Miami will be playing for the first time since that awful AO match, bar Fed Cup, and fans won't even get to see her first match. And I'm sure they'll be wanting to see how her form is.

Jane Lane
Mar 10th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I guess the fans overseas are SOL. Tennis Channel has all 13 hours of live coverage today in the US. No complaints here....

Says you. :sobbing: My cable provider took TC away during the USO.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 10th, 2012, 09:29 PM

:hug: Maybe it's time to get Dish Network :p

BillFromRichmond
Mar 10th, 2012, 09:43 PM

I don't know who "Masha" is. Caros match 4 on Stadium 1, but Mardy Fish is also match 4 on Stadium 2 and I suspect Tennis Channel will focus on that match if they are going at the same time. So far, they've only shown American Men's matches, first Isner and now Roddick. Sad, but its reality that an American male player's match will outdraw a Russian and a Polish women's match.

TTC is part of a sports package on my Comcast network. Its not part of the standard package. Do you have the same option?

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
TTC is part of a sports package on my Comcast network. Its not part of the standard package. Do you have the same option?

Same here! TTC is part of a 14 channel sports package that only costs $5 a month through Comcast :bounce:

Jorn
Mar 10th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Masha = Maria Sharapova as I only expect TTC only will show womens matches from CC... (As was posted before here...)

Jane Lane
Mar 10th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I don't know who "Masha" is. Caros match 4 on Stadium 1, but Mardy Fish is also match 4 on Stadium 2 and I suspect Tennis Channel will focus on that match if they are going at the same time. So far, they've only shown American Men's matches, first Isner and now Roddick. Sad, but its reality that an American male player's match will outdraw a Russian and a Polish women's match.

Same here! TTC is part of a 14 channel sports package that only costs $5 a month through Comcast :bounce:

It was part of a sports package but some bullshit thing happened during the USO so they took it off and refuse to resign and bring it back.

Spiritof42
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Comprehensive - and widely available - ATP coverage from R2, and selective WTA coverage starting only with R3 except on TTC (though just how much women's action they actually show tonight remains to be seen)... Same situation as last year. The cameras are there, they just turn them off when the men aren't playing... :(

doujyr
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM

i guess i should've been more specific and stated no tv coverage of WTA. :tape:

but i suppose i assumed as this is a women's tennis forum that wasn't really necessary. :rolleyes:

edificio
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Masha is Maria.

It is part of a supplemental sports package, but it costs more than $5 a month where I am. Furthermore, it would mean paying for a bunch of sports channels I would never watch.

Basically, the WTA president needs to work harder to get more general coverage for the women.

So few people actually have Tennis Channel, so you can gloat, but it isn't simply a matter of $5 a month.

dsanders06
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
So will someone be able to provide a Tennis Channel stream?!

Break My Rapture
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
It's the same shit since....ever.

I gave Djokovic/Golubev a go and was bored after the first three points I watched.

Break My Rapture
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:56 PM
TTC is never streamed. Well not last year and the year before. Nor do the Americans feel the need to cap and upload the matches (if possible of course) and share with us poor European ES slaves.

Wiggly
Is it the Tennis Channel who just can't be bothered or is it the WTA who is charging too much?
Free coverage is better than no coverage. Think long term.

Excelscior
Any idea what time it is?

TC don't stream their matches - it's usually BET365 that streams..... I think :shrug:

Not sure if this was answered yet? But Wozniaki follows Dkjokovic. And I Masha is the first night match on Center Court (not before 7:30pm).

Djokovic is playing now. Masha's match will probably be quite late on the East Coast of the US.

As far as the Maria, Masha streams today; don't know. You'll just have to watch/look out, when TC starts broadcasting their matches.

Silly US Broadcasters. SMH

Excelscior
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM

I hear you. Same happened to me. But thank god, my provider (Verizon Fios) brought it back before the Australian Open.

Jorn
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:01 PM
It seem Bet365 will show the night match(es) tomorrow, where Eurosport starts at 11am...

Excelscior
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:02 PM

This is what we'll find out, starting with the Wozniaki match??? :confused: :eek: :confused:

tennis-insomniac
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM

If I were at my home I would certainly love to do that for you (and by stream I meant recording through my webcam and posted it later on youtube because that's all I know how to :lol:) but I couldn't, I am at work and would not be home tonight.

I know how it feels guys. This sucks.

Excelscior
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Is it the Tennis Channel who just can't be bothered or is it the WTA who is charging too much?

The WTA is the one that sells the package.

We already know that the Tennis Channel is not free.

But the real culprit (along with the WTA), is probably ESPN. They're not free either, but at least they're on basic cable.

ESPN has Indian Wells. But they're too busy with college basketball now; thus won't show IW till the semi-finals, I think? That's why Tennis Channel is showing the bulk of the earlier rounds here in America.

ESPN always owns the tournament they're interested in, and/or gets first dibs, and Tennis Channel eventually gets the scraps (i.e. what ESPN doesn't want). That's how it works.

Wiggly
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Thank you.

I was thinking the WTA was asking for too much on the broadcasting rights.

jameshazza
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I'm praying that given how much everyone laments about the IW/Miami coverage each year that some sympathetic American will stream TTC for us.:sobbing:

Martian Jeza
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM
bet365 only streams ATP matches : no WTA ones. Those tournaments that don't broadcast from the beginning should get a big fine from the ITF ! The 2 5th slams that only broadcast from the 3rd round : bunch of idiots

dsanders06
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:17 PM
If I were at my home I would certainly love to do that for you (and by stream I meant recording through my webcam and posted it later on youtube because that's all I know how to :lol:) but I couldn't, I am at work and would not be home tonight.

I know how it feels guys. This sucks.

TennisForum is willing to club together and pay your salary for this evening so that you can skip work and record it for us :devil: :p

C. Drone
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:28 PM

yep, WTA sells Premier Tournaments usually in one package (along with streaming rights). Likely they demand X day or hour live coverage from broadcasters, but its unknown. Anything else basically depends on what broadcasters want... (though some others like Eurosport might dont have that big word how US tournaments are covered. And vice versa.)

International tournaments different, there is no big package, and usually small local (or national) broadcasters covering the whole thing.

C. Drone
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:33 PM
bet365 only streams ATP matches : no WTA ones. Those tournaments that don't broadcast from the beginning should get a big fine from the ITF ! The 2 5th slams that only broadcast from the 3rd round : bunch of idiots

first its non-sense, ITF has nothing to do with this.
second, bet365 has WTA on schedule from sunday. (They usually show the same matches as Eurosport... pretty obvious they have an agreement.)

Martian Jeza
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:33 PM
No WTA coverage 'till tomorrow, I guess... It will be livescore only.

Martian Jeza
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM
first its non-sense, ITF has nothing to do with this.
second, bet365 has WTA on schedule from sunday. (They usually show the same matches as Eurosport... pretty obvious they have some contract between them.)

I know but for saturday, we have nothing for WTA, well ATP... Nonsense ? Tournaments with a high price money SHOULD start the coverage from Day 1 like Indian Wells and Miami but unfortunately that's not the case ! Bet Americans aren't that interested in tennis anyway. Loads of tournaments in Europe start coverage from Day 1. Don't know why it should be otherwise for some tournaments like IW and Miami for example... It annoys the fans all around the world and it seems they don't give a dam about it...

Jorn
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Fish and Harrison plays so TTC will likely show them and no CW match... But maybe Masha will be on...

Martian Jeza
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Fish and Harrison plays so TTC will likely show them and no CW match... But maybe Masha will be on...

Forget it : no WTA matches before tomorrow

sweetadri06
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Forget it : no WTA matches before tomorrow

Maria is a pseudo-american so maybe we'll catch a glimpse of that. lol

Novichok
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:02 AM
TC just said that they are going to show Caro. So I'm sure they're gonna show Maria too.

Jorn
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Can TC show 2 LIVE matches at the same time? (2 channels)

Or I can watch Fish here and want CW in USA they get CW and want Fish? ;)

Novichok
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I don't know but they're showing Caro now.

chingching
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:21 AM
any livestream??

moviemac
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:23 AM
TC just said that they are going to show Caro.

So were is the stream, dammit! (Sorry, no offense. ;))

Djokovic already bored the hell out of me and it's only getting worse with the Seppifish.

Too bad Azarenka managed to win that match yesterday, it might have teached the WTA something, if the world No.1's winning streak had ended untelevised. Now they can just pretend nothing happened and it really doesn't matter, that early rounds are not available on tv. :(

chingching
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:24 AM
any stream or not? if tennis channel is showing then there should be a stream

Vefci Y
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Terrible tournament

Jane Lane
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Terrible tournament

At least people go. Unlike Beijing. :shrug:

Jorn
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM
The known Live Streaming websites only have mens matches on today...

chingching
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:32 AM
The known Live Streaming websites only have mens matches on today...

true. are there any others besides livetv, livescorehunter and fromsport??

Jorn
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:34 AM
My TV Channel in Denmark showing the mens, ignore the womens even plays here... ;)

Spice
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:36 AM
It says Wozniacki and Sharapova are on the tennis channel today! Just read on the website!

Jorn
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Seppi is sick... so TC did was right...

Spiritof42
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:43 AM
It's pretty simple, really. Sites like LSHunter, SportLemon, etc. are based in Eastern Europe. They are not actual content providers - they simply rip off broadcasts from legitimate sources that are available to them, like ES or Bet365. They don't have access to TTC, ESPN3, etc. Any "unauthorized" transmission of the Tennis Channel coverage would have to come from a source located inside the USA. I remember seeing a few TTC streams pop up on Veetle.com in previous years, but they tend to be short-lived.

What I find remarkable is that even a subscription-based paysite like TennisTV, which is supposed to be the "official" live streaming service of the WTA outside Europe, doesn't have any women's coverage before tomorrow. Making the Wozniacki and Sharapova matches available on TTC and nowhere else doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

Vefci Y
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM
At least people go. Unlike Beijing. :shrug:

At least there were tv coverage on Beijing from Day 1,unlike IW,still no tv coverage:rolleyes::help:

Spice
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Does no-one in the US have a link?

Jorn
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Had there been a Link one had posted that by now....

BillFromRichmond
Mar 11th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Masha is Maria.

It is part of a supplemental sports package, but it costs more than $5 a month where I am. Furthermore, it would mean paying for a bunch of sports channels I would never watch.

Basically, the WTA president needs to work harder to get more general coverage for the women.

So few people actually have Tennis Channel, so you can gloat, but it isn't simply a matter of $5 a month.

My package is more than $5 a month and it has the NBA and NHL, which I have no interest in and never watch, but the tennis and auto racing channel make it worth my while. If someone wants it bad enough, pay the freight. There's no free lunch.

Can TC show 2 LIVE matches at the same time? (2 channels)

Or I can watch Fish here and want CW in USA they get CW and want Fish? ;)

There is only one channel and I don't think they can split screen. I think the technology is too expensive for the amount of money they get from sponsors on a non major like this.

I don't know but they're showing Caro now.

I was out and came back in a half hour ago. They are showing the Caro match exclusively which she just won. It may have helped that Fish's opponent defaulted.

BillFromRichmond
Mar 11th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Masha = Maria Sharapova as I only expect TTC only will show womens matches from CC... (As was posted before here...)

Thanks. Still getting to know the nicknames here.

BillFromRichmond
Mar 11th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Tennis Channel is going to the Sharapova match in a couple of minutes.

Crux Squall
Mar 11th, 2012, 03:05 AM
still no link ??

BillFromRichmond
Mar 11th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I think Tennis Channel wants this Live Execution to end quickly so they can bring on Andy Murray. Maria actually has gotten two byes in this tournament.....

Excelscior
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Why doesn't Dulko just retire.

Her tennis is almost as hideous as her attitude, for not trying, anytime she's on the court lately.

18majors
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:11 AM

Her tennis is almost as hideous as her attitude, for not trying, anytime she's on the court lately.

Would appreciate a summary from you like you did for Woz. I'm out of the country and can't watch TTC.

BillFromRichmond
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:21 AM

She may...just got married..could be babies on the way. ;)

Excelscior
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Would appreciate a summary from you like you did for Woz. I'm out of the country and can't watch TTC.

Oh.

Well you should get your streams Sunday. Lol

I was in and out the match, cause it was kinda boring (and there were mens tennis and basketball to flip to). Even Tennis Channel, did the same, by cutting into the Ryan Harrison vs Troiki match, several times on match point, as Harrison promptly blew it, till he finally won. So even they didn't show the match, end to end. Lol.

But I saw enough! Maria was Maria. And won 6-2 6-0.

Despite her layoff, she was going for her shots, hitting the ball deep, and screaming like a banshee, as usual, from the start. So she felt good, and was feeling herself. No ugly face, or looks of doubt or extreme determination from Maria.

She just went about her business, starting from the first set.

Yes she got broken once. But Dulko, was just not hitting the ball with enough pace or depth to bother Maria. A few times Dulko tried to move forward and use her net skills, but they seemed rusty, and she promply missed.

Later in the match after she lost the first set, she tried to hit with more pace, and managed to extend the rally's even, but like in Australia, she eventually lost those to. She was overmatched.

Ironically, Gisella could of broke Maria a couple of times in the second set, but she couldn't take advantage of those opportunities, and eventually got over come. Maria kinda spotted her those points.

Eventually, Dulko seemed resigned to her fate on court, by the end of the first set. Maria was never seriously tested (as the score indicates), after that.

Ultimately, Maria just took advantage of every short ball, and moved forward, anytime she could. She served well (and about 73%). And last that I saw-near the matches end, she only had 2 double faults.

Once again, the match was boring, with nothing spectacular. But give a lot of that credit to Maria's relentlessness, along with Dulko's hopelessness.

She did what a top seed is supposed to do in the early rounds vs an aging quasi journeywoman/doubles maven.

PS: And for those who think this should be moved to the game thread? I'm sure 18Majors will get alot of analyisis there. But he asked for it, from me here. So sorry. :sad: :sad:

BillFromRichmond
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:35 AM
No TV coverage, but an interesting match is going on in Stadium 2, Lepchenko vs Bartoli. Varvara has a fighting chance here.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Star billing Eurosport got today :facepalm:

MrJovani2293
Mar 11th, 2012, 06:32 PM
If any one is looking for a link still for the WTA. http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html

fantic
Mar 11th, 2012, 07:01 PM
check my you tube acct at my sig

Jorn
Mar 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM
ES won't show Vika's before from 22:00 GMT

Break My Rapture
Mar 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM
What? :mad:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 11th, 2012, 09:24 PM
What? :mad:

should be ok as Nadull's moonballs and ass picking might take it to that time

edificio
Mar 12th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Too bad British Eurosport couldn't show Kvitova/McHale, since they had to go to sports news after Vika/Sveta. Still, better than the nothing I saw yesterday.

doujyr
Mar 13th, 2012, 03:38 PM
i can only see 3 wta matches scheduled to be shown today :mad::o anyone know if the es player will be showing more?

PetraReeMona
Mar 13th, 2012, 03:45 PM
i can only see 3 wta matches scheduled to be shown today :mad::o anyone know if the es player will be showing more?

Stadium 2 - 17:00 hrs to 20:00 hrs (after that it says "no broadcast for the moment"
Stadium 1 - 20:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs
Stadium 1 - 03:30 hrs to 05:30 hrs

That's all it's saying on ES Player

On LS Hunter it has 5 matches :shrug:

SoBizarre
Mar 13th, 2012, 04:28 PM

That's because "pirates" are showing all matches from CC & stadium 2 (only those are being broadcasted, for different networks) . Eurosport on the other hand seems to have opted for not showing Sharapova nor Bartoli. :confused:

Break My Rapture
Mar 13th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Which matches on ES today? You don't have to answer with Radwanska because that's a given.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Vika match at 1pm is also on

tmrw highlights of Woz vs Ivanovic & Vinci vs Sharapova most likely

Break My Rapture
Mar 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Yas. :hearts: Thanks!

doujyr
Mar 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM

:bounce: when i looked earlier there were only 3.

doujyr
Mar 13th, 2012, 08:28 PM
no streaming of court 3? :sad: cameras are there, they just showed ferrer istomin

Kon.
Mar 13th, 2012, 08:46 PM
So Sharapova v Vinci isn't going to be on ES, is it?

edificio
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:36 PM
They did show it on the 1100 to 1300 show the next day

They have shown 2 live matches each day and then highlights of 2 different ones the next morning

Very Good Coverage from them :p

Unfortunately, that is early early a.m. (middle of night) for me, and Petra/Christina did not keep me awake (I tried).

I agree, though, Eurosport's coverage of the women has been so much better than ESPN's.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM
anyone find a stream for Masha ?
bet365 normally have streams but for this nothing ?

doujyr
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
none of the ones listed on lshunter are working. maybe there just isn't one

Mistress of Evil
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Are these morons aka Eurosport really doing this? :fiery: It was in their fucking program to show the TWO matches!

Jorn
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:54 PM
ES onscreen here only showed the shows Caro-Ana delayed tomorrow, nothing about the Masha match...

Madoka
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:56 PM
no fucking way, no vincis match, to show some athetic ??

is this serious ??

what a crappy tournament/coverage.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:00 PM
bet365 stopped after Vika match too :(

Spice
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:02 PM
You can hear the match, on radiotennis.com

I know its not as good as camera but u can hear. Vinci is playing well

Jorn
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:02 PM
The 10% full crowd may enjoy the match :o

Madoka
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
ok, it looks like ES can show just 2 matches per day

laurie
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Well they showed Radwanska's match because Del Potro and Verdasco were on centre court, a shame because I would have loved to have seen Vinci slice up Sharapova, or at least attempt to slice up Sharapova.

Needless to say I didn't watch Radwanska, as Gary Linekar said all those years ago, I prefer to watch ceefax than watch Radwanska play a journeywoman player.....

Madoka
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Needless to say I didn't watch Radwanska

who dares watching radwanksa ?? i didnt too.

the most boring player EVER. her game is more than boring.

Jorn
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:31 PM
It getting worse on Friday where ES don't show the SF LIVE, atleast not here in Nordic countrys... :o

doujyr
Mar 13th, 2012, 10:47 PM
i've seen tweets that pova is on the tennis channel. surprised there's no pirate streams, and also surprised it's on ttc but apparently not on the es player (if it was on es player someone would be streaming it)

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM
just seen it, its 8:40pm
Vika match

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
It getting worse on Friday where ES don't show the SF LIVE, atleast not here in Nordic countrys... :o

same here no semis Live :fiery:
Final is LIVE 1900 CET Sunday

laurie
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM
just seen it, its 8:40pm
Vika match

I have German Eurosport on digital and Europsort International on analogue (English but German feed!) Their website does not list this match :fiery:

But it does say schedule is subject to change so I'm hoping :awww:

CR3WLFC
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM
For those who receive Dubai Sports both 1/2 Finals will be broadcasted Live!

Adrian.
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM
German ES not showing any tennis today :( :fiery:

SoBizarre
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:55 PM
German ES not showing any tennis today :( :fiery:

I heard Azarenka got banned for slaying Second Graf. :lol:

A Magicman
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I heard Azarenka got banned for slaying Second Graf. :lol:

No they wanna save us from Ratwanskas pushing and moaning and complaining and all this other spectacle she's putting on court. Nice treat from Eurosport.

Prefer Handball vs Iceland.

SoBizarre
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:19 PM
No they wanna save us from Ratwanskas pushing and moaning and complaining and all this other spectacle she's putting on court. Nice treat from Eurosport.

Prefer Handball vs Iceland.

Yeah, whatever. Your doctor said we should acquiesce to your rants, otherwise you could become overly excited.

Enjoy your handjob handball.

PetraReeMona
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Even ES Player is not showing other matches apart from Vika -v- Aga.

I thought they would have broadcast Li's match on Stadium 1 at around 3.30 am (GMT) like they have the past week, but absolutely NOTHING apart from Vika and Aga.

Very strange.:mad::mad:

EDIT: Update: Just checked ES Player again and they are showing the Li -v- Kerber match at 2.00 am :)

Corswandt
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
So it's just 60 min. highlight packs on ES2 Saturday morning for both SFs?

Not that I makes any difference to me as I don't get ES2.

Jorn
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Yes on sat. morning at 8am they will show both Semis 1 hour from each... But as they are played in the night EU time, they don't has LIVE coverage, even they can show motor racing Live at nights :o

Raiden
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I also don't have any live broadcast of the IW semifinals nor even the Final (!) on my TV if I'm not mistaken (Eurosport France will instead broadcast the F1 grand prix, both the qualifications on sat. and the race on sun., which're held in Australia (= equals night-time in Europe and match-time in west coast US)

Jorn
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
The Finals are on at 7pm CET, so about 12 hours after the F1 race...

Raiden
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
^ That's why I said 'if I'm not mistaken' :)

So the ES problem is only regarding the semis then?

That is all not too much of a big deal anyway (it's not like I'd actually bother to wake up in the middle of the night and watch any of these matches. Indian Wells is not exactly a slam :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know if they'll show the semis on Eurosport Player?

Maria rocks
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM

I wish they would just show it on Eurosport. I would set my alarm and get up for Maria's match.

C. Drone
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM

dunno ES player, bet365 streaming schedule has both SF and they usually show same as ES player.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Turns out ES Player will be showing them live. Whether I will be able to stay awake or not is another matter :oh:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Think they will be on bet365
I hope so.

Maria rocks
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Turns out ES Player will be showing them live. Whether I will be able to stay awake or not is another matter :oh:

Im not going to bother with the first one. Im just going to get up for Maria v Ana

PetraReeMona
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM

Yes they are .... I checked :)

Galina's Scowl
Mar 17th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Is Ana-Maria being streamed anywhere (for free) with commentary?

Galina's Scowl
Mar 17th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Whoops. I meant Vika-Angie. Sorry!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 17th, 2012, 01:24 AM
bet365 has it

Galina's Scowl
Mar 17th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Thanks. :)

doujyr
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:41 PM
so-called 5th slam :lol::lol::lol:

can you imagine any of the slams with no tv coverage till day 5? :rolleyes:

doujyr
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
ws, bepa, stosur playing but no tv :hysteric:

Jorn
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Because of the easter monday? There are no coverage from Caro's Slam in Farum, before from tuesday...

backhandsmash
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
TV2 sucks anyway. But does this mean we miss her doubles match? Dear god, I hope not.

Corswandt
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
ws, bepa, stosur playing but no tv :hysteric:

Fan Favourite Agatha isn't there, so you should be thankful there's any coverage at all.

Jorn
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
I will go buy a TV Guide, but TV2 Sport don't show anything on monday or TV 2. Maybe they will show highlight on TV 2 News or in Sporten...

Jorn
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
From Thursday ES will have good coverage of FCC, 6-7 hours 2 days, 3 QF's, SF's and the Finals LIVE :)

jameshazza
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:21 AM
So Eurosport has the rights until the end of 2014 season. Do you think sky will snatch the WTA?
Also, I think Sky will drop USO for RG given that the USO contract runs out after this year, ES has it until 2016. Whereas ES RG contract runs out with the rest of the WTA tour in 2014.

20l6
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:25 AM
I can't understand why Eurosport usually doesn't air victory ceremonies of wta events,anyone knows that?

sammy01
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:28 AM
is the GB fed cup tie really gonna be live on british eurosport? man and i thought eurosport hit rock bottom when they were showing dog training!

jameshazza
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:29 AM
is the GB fed cup tie really gonna be live on british eurosport? man and i thought eurosport hit rock bottom when they were showing dog training!

Yes 'Live and Exclusive'

sammy01
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Yes 'Live and Exclusive'

cus no one else wants it :tape:

Corswandt
Apr 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Just checked Eurosport's broadcast schedule for Stuttgart and basically tennis will be used to fill some small gaps on ES1's wall-to-wall snooker coverage. If I had ES2 I wouldn't be whining again like this, but since I don't...

backhandsmash
Apr 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM
If you have broadcast 15-20 hours during the week of the tournament, I really don't think an extra 15-20 minutes is gonna fuck up your schedule that much. Eurosport are SO bad at this.

jameshazza
Apr 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Apparently Petra vs Masha on ES is dependent on the snooker. Its far from over so will there not be a stream?

babsi
Apr 28th, 2012, 03:58 PM
You really wouldn't be moaning if you had sportsnet, here is the coverage:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/tv_sked_full.php?sked_id=tennis-ONTARIO

I went over to the dark side and brought a 1 month subscription to tennistv.com. If there is no stream because of the snooker then I wouldn't be able to watch it.

Need to calm down, remember the days of just GS's, Indian Wells, Miami and Toronto/Montreal:angel:

PetraReeMona
Apr 28th, 2012, 04:09 PM
It will be on ES Player :worship:

jameshazza
Apr 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
That's good. Thanks.

Spice
Apr 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM
You Should see the coverage for Madrid, 2 matches a day!

PetraReeMona
Apr 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM
That's good. Thanks.

The snooker is finished so it will be on TV.

BTW where did you get that the snooker was far from finished? I turned onto ES HD and they were just finishing the last frame of the day :shrug:

jameshazza
Apr 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM
The snooker is finished so it will be on TV.

BTW where did you get that the snooker was far from finished? I turned onto ES HD and they were just finishing the last frame of the day :shrug:

Was showing Rocket live but there had only been 5/6 frames played. I wasn't actually aware of what time it was there. ES commentators just said it would depend on snooker and when I seen the game was nowhere near finished I panicked :sobbing:

doujyr
May 7th, 2012, 02:27 PM
only 2 matches shown today from madrid, one of the biggest tournaments of the year outside the slams.

had better from budapest and estoril last week. seems the smaller the tournament the better the coverage!

killerqueen
May 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Nothing on Eurosport today. Was looking forward to seeing the Kerber/Venus game too. :(

-Sonic-
May 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Nothing on Eurosport today. Was looking forward to seeing the Kerber/Venus game too. :(

I thought there was something on this morning.... repeated at 10?

TheBoiledEgg
May 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
should be getting more than one match though
i blame the snooker

even then tmrw we get 2 matches early then they repeat the same all day :rolleyes: instead of live action

longtin23
May 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Madrid sucks...
ATP have coverage for ATP matches in court 3, but they doesnt broadcast WTA matches (JJ and NaNa)... I mean the camera is there, why dont they show them online :confused:

doujyr
May 7th, 2012, 03:35 PM
equally puzzling is why is madrid so poor yet stuttgart was so good?

jameshazza
May 7th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Madrid always had poor coverage on ES, I know theres snooker and Giro. But Giro be's on during Rome too and theres always great coverage. Madrid sucks? :shrug:

killerqueen
May 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I thought there was something on this morning.... repeated at 10?

Oh was there? :lol: I didn't get home until past noon and there's been nothing since then. There is a repeat of something at 10 though, so your almost certainly right. :lol::lol:

Jorn
May 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
After 3 days in Denmark there are rest day in the Giro tomorrow so 2 (TWO) matches on ES.

Jorn
May 7th, 2012, 04:11 PM
But can anybody even watch tonights match on any Live Streaming?

cescsas
May 7th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Madrid sucks...
ATP have coverage for ATP matches in court 3, but they doesnt broadcast WTA matches (JJ and NaNa)... I mean the camera is there, why dont they show them online :confused:

You can watch a thrilling clay court tussle between Falla and JI Chela on I made it about 9 streams where on the court next door between CSN and Jankovic you get nada.

I'm slightly confused because this is supposed to be a PM where next week in Rome in a lesser tournamnet you will get wall to wall coverage of the WTA. Shows where Madrid's priorities lie.

cescsas
May 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Just notice how they put all the ATP matches on televised courts and the women all on Court 4 with a few on the main courts early on when knowone's arrived yet.

You can bet they will have two womens matches on Manolo Santana in the morning then they will have Nadal, Fderer and Djokovic in the afternoon/evening then maybe another women's match starting around 11pm when everyone's had enough and gone home. Then women need a spanish version of rafa to even remotely give the women the same kind of billing in Madrid.

TimeyWimey
May 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM
tomorrow no WTA on Sanchez Vicario :help:

Patrick345
May 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM
So no Venus/Kerber and no Wozniacki/Barthel? Thank God weīll have quarterfinal coverage, so I can watch Radwanska/Medina Garrigues. I wouldnīt wanna miss that. Canīt wait until the day the full WTA broadcasting rights go to the betting websites.

vozas
May 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM
This tournament is an offence to tennis and tennis-goers. I really can't believe how mediocre the coverage is, especially for women's tennis. Truly a shame, but they have the reputation they deserve.

Really hoping this MM in disguise gets severely downgraded to where it belongs.

C. Drone
May 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM
tomorrow no WTA on Sanchez Vicario :help:

happened last year too iirc, doesnt really matter since they have 3 stadium courts with cameras. Oh wait, theyīll show only 2 womens matches anyway.

C. Drone
May 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
This tournament is an offence to tennis and tennis-goers. I really can't believe how mediocre the coverage is, especially for women's tennis. Truly a shame, but they have the reputation they deserve.

Really hoping this MM in disguise gets severely downgraded to where it belongs.

IW & Miami isnt any better with absolutely no coverage for 4-5 days. They should downgrade those too.

vozas
May 7th, 2012, 05:31 PM
IW & Miami isnt any better with absolutely no coverage for 4-5 days. They should downgrade those too.

Yes those are bizarre too, but at least they still have their reputation, whatever that entails. If anyone wants to take this crap tournament seriously then they HAVE to ensure the oh-so-demanding task of *GASP* turning the cameras on?

Sean.
May 7th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Coverage today has sucked for British viewers. One match and then a day of Super Bikes. :smash:

Lorthos
May 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM
The WTA should just drop all those combined men's/women's events. The coverage for the women's tournament is always awful in these cases, be it IW, Miami, Madrid or Beijing.

They need to get rid of those. But of course, that would imply a cut in prize money... but do they really need 5-million-dollar PMs ? I'd say they don't.

ce
May 7th, 2012, 05:37 PM
why no stream for Venus Kerber :weirdo:

C. Drone
May 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Yes those are bizarre too, but at least they still have their reputation, whatever that entails. If anyone wants to take this crap tournament seriously then they HAVE to ensure the oh-so-demanding task of *GASP* turning the cameras on?

I dont know whats their reason not showing more. Tournaments, WTA or Eurosport never answers these questions. I guess if it would be only Eurosportīs decisions they would show it, considering they can do things right (see Stuttgart). Or maybe Stuttgart "asked" Eurosport to show that much, so even thats not clear...
The exclusive rights of Eurosport and US broadcasters definitely dont help things.

of course Beijing or Madrid doesnt have same reputation considering how young events are. But demanding something that even more estabilished tournaments couldnt do it and using as proof is kind of childish.

duhcity
May 7th, 2012, 06:07 PM

2-3 days. Tennis Channel airs it from the first weekend, but no one streams TC/Really any American Broadcaster live. Streams depend on European coverage.

Anyway, Madrid is seriously dire. Worst of the large Premiers in terms of streaming.

GoofyDuck
May 7th, 2012, 06:14 PM
these atp matches are mugs anyway :o

Excelscior
May 7th, 2012, 06:15 PM
According to Livescorehunter.com they have Kerber/Venus and Stosur/McHale matches listed for streams tonight. It may be with out TV commentary (straight feed), I'm assuming?

http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html

Of course that doesn't help those of you in Europe, who wanted to watch it on your television.

And for those that missed the Kvitova or Serena matches this morning, ESPN 3 (which I know many don't have access to) has the replays up.

Tomorrow ESPN 3 starts their coverage around at 4:50 am (EST, US time). Not sure how long they'll be on (especially considering Tue schedule is not up yet on the tournament site).

C. Drone
May 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM
2-3 days. Tennis Channel airs it from the first weekend, but no one streams TC/Really any American Broadcaster live. Streams depend on European coverage.

Anyway, Madrid is seriously dire. Worst of the large Premiers in terms of streaming.

Okay, fine. Madrid had 2 days w/o coverage. Whatever.

those streamings are anything but official, shouldnt be considered as indicator of amount coverage. Its a side effect. Bad part, official streaming (ESplayer, ESPN(?), betting sites) doesnt or barely offer anything more than you get in TV.

sweetadri06
May 7th, 2012, 06:24 PM
What about Rome this year? we get coverage from day one right on streams?

Kon.
May 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
What about Rome this year? we get coverage from day one right on streams?

Yes. Rome has great coverage on Eurosport:drool:

doujyr
May 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM
According to Livescorehunter.com they have Kerber/Venus and Stosur/McHale matches listed for streams tonight. It may be with out TV commentary (straight feed), I'm assuming?

http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html

somehow i doubt there's actually a stream and lshunter have got it wrong. the bookies would have streams if there were any, as would the es player. i'll be pleasantly surprised if those links work.

Patrick345
May 7th, 2012, 07:01 PM
They are gone. Well done WTA AGAIN. And f*** Eurosport, too. They could easily provide coverage on their awesome ES player. They obviously have the rights, or they couldnīt have shown the shitty Serena/Kvitova mismatches in the morning. :rolleyes:

PetraReeMona
May 7th, 2012, 07:01 PM
somehow i doubt there's actually a stream and lshunter have got it wrong. the bookies would have streams if there were any, as would the es player. i'll be pleasantly surprised if those links work.

they don't work - they've been removed :mad:

Patrick345
May 7th, 2012, 07:06 PM
...and donīt get me started on ESPN3īs stream-delayed coverage of Serena/Vesnina at roughly the same time, when Venus/Kerber play live. Iīm surprised they even have computers at ESPN, cause the last time tape-delayed sports worked was when people still used VCRs.:facepalm:

Kampi
May 7th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I'm sick of this tv rights kind of shit.:fiery: TV business is really the digital version of the Antichrist.:mad:

Madoka
May 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
this is just pathetic.

seriously there is no stream ???

MarkNL
May 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
WTF no stream for Kerber - Venus or Stosur - McHale :o

sweetadri06
May 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Suck my backfoot. I guess it's back to livescores.

JeLeNaJfAn
May 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Pathetic

leon charles
May 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Dude, what the fuck?? Disgraceful.

Excelscior
May 7th, 2012, 07:14 PM

I think you're right, and I was premature.

It's not there now.

And I don't think you can find it anywhere.

Damn!

Spice
May 7th, 2012, 07:14 PM
EMAIL THE WTA TOUR and tell him!

Spice
May 7th, 2012, 07:15 PM
do something,don't sit back

TennisAddict84
May 7th, 2012, 07:15 PM
ugh...this is so lame...i was really looking forward to this match

Excelscior
May 7th, 2012, 07:16 PM
...and donīt get me started on ESPN3īs stream-delayed coverage of Serena/Vesnina at roughly the same time, when Venus/Kerber play live. Iīm surprised they even have computers at ESPN, cause the last time tape-delayed sports worked was when people still used VCRs.:facepalm:

Actually, that match was shown live.

I saw the end of it, before Kvitova's.

I was just reporting the replay, for those who may not have saw it, but have access to ESPN 3.

The problem with ESPN 3, was that those were the only two live WTA matches they showed today.

JeLeNaJfAn
May 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Every match from MM Estoril and Budapest was broadcasted last week!

Jorn
May 7th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Bet365 can't get the Rights for all WTA Premiers is seems... But they shows the MM's

Lorthos
May 7th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Tomorrow no streams for either Wozniacki or Serena.

The only WTA matches to be seen are Azarenka and Sharapova, both live on Eurosport.

Patrick345
May 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM

Because these tourneys can sell their streams indivdually (I assume). Betting websites are a possibility to generate revenue for them and the betting websites actually have a business interest to broadcast tennis matches. Unlike apparently the people, who hold the rights to the Premier Mandatory tournaments.:rolleyes:

tennisfreak13
May 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM
This is shit. WTA should drop IW, Miami and Madrid.

Patrick345
May 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Tomorrow no streams for either Wozniacki or Serena.

The only WTA matches to be seen are Azarenka and Sharapova, both live on Eurosport.

Thank God for that. These are clearly the most competitive 2nd round matches on paper, who would want to see Wozniacki/Barthel instead. :rolleyes:

Spice
May 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM
You should email kevin fischer the guy in control of the media in Madrid

sweetadri06
May 7th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Thank God for that. These are clearly the most competitive 2nd round matches on paper, who would want to see Wozniacki/Barthel instead. :rolleyes:

lol

pov
May 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM
WTF? This page claims that there's some stations covering all matches: http://www.madrid-open.com/en/tv/

C. Drone
You should email kevin fischer the guy in control of the media in Madrid

he is busy wearing funny pants. Email worth nothing.

Spiritof42
Number of ATP singles matches played today: 8
Number of ATP singles matches on TV courts: 8
Number of ATP singles matches actually streamed: 8

Number of WTA singles matches played today: 12
Number of WTA singles matches on TV courts: 6 :(
Number of WTA singles matches actually streamed: 2 :tape:

Welcome to the wonderful world of joint ATP/WTA Premier events. 100% men's coverage despite the fact that none of the big boys were on the schedule today, and woefully inadequate women's coverage.

Bet365 can't get the Rights for all WTA Premiers is seems... But they shows the MM's
Not just Bet365... TennisTV only showed the same two matches as ESPN3.

Jorn
May 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM
They don't put Woz on TV (ES) as there may not be any match.....

Patrick345
May 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
WTF? This page claims that there's some stations covering all matches: http://www.madrid-open.com/en/tv/

That doesnīt specify ATP/WTA and probably just covers, who bought the rights, not what, when and how much they actually show. Obviously Eurosport has the rights to show Madrid matches today and tomorrow, but they chose not to show Venus/Kerber or Wozniacki/Barthel.

C. Drone
May 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM

those are ATP broadcasters.

sweetadri06
May 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I don't think they would show Womens Grandslam matches if they didn't have to.

pov
May 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM
probably just covers, who bought the rights, not what, when and how much they actually show.
I think you're correct. Sucks!

vspak
May 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM
eurosport will broadcast Giro Italia :lol: :sad:

Spice
May 7th, 2012, 07:42 PM
He may be wearing colourful pants, but if he got a flurry of emails it would make them notice the fans!

QuestJon
May 7th, 2012, 08:02 PM
He may be wearing colourful pants, but if he got a flurry of emails it would make them notice the fans!

You are dreaming.

Fans don't count for the WTA staff.

The WTA staff is only caring for the money they can
shuffle in their own pockets.

And EMails can be easily deleted.

TheBoiledEgg
May 7th, 2012, 08:04 PM
They actually turn the cameras off for WTA matches :facepalm:

C. Drone
May 7th, 2012, 08:04 PM
whoīs playing right now:
RG champ? check.
USO champ? check.
7 time GS champ? check.
streams? 0.

PetraReeMona
May 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM
those are ATP broadcasters.

:eek: Don't tell me Pov didn't know that :facepalm:

Wow!!!

rucolo
May 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Number of ATP singles matches played today: 8
Number of ATP singles matches on TV courts: 8
Number of ATP singles matches actually streamed: 8

Number of WTA singles matches played today: 12
Number of WTA singles matches on TV courts: 6 :(
Number of WTA singles matches actually streamed: 2 :tape:

Welcome to the wonderful world of joint ATP/WTA Premier events.

Disgusting. I hate combined events :fiery:

bbjpa
May 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I remember two years ago they shown R1 matches late night , Safina-Zakopalova finished past 1AM.
Why this year no coverage at all :mad:

pov
May 7th, 2012, 08:12 PM
:eek: Don't tell me Pov didn't know that :facepalm:

Wow!!!
Yep . .Wow. Pov didn't know that. And Pov is glad he didn't know. Especially since it's not the case. Those are all the broadcasters. Period. ATP and WTA. But, as a more knowledgeable poster already shared - it only shows who has the rights to show the matches not a listing of what they will show.

I would do facepalm but you've done that to yourself. Cheers mate.:cool:

sammy01
May 7th, 2012, 08:13 PM
why are people surprised about this? the wta has always been shafted when it comes to these combined events. it is the price you pay for taking a share of the men's money (no way could the wta have a tournament this size by itself in spain) but hey look at the bright side, goldenlox can tell you how many million caro has earned by the age of 22.

wta lost its way a while ago. it isn't popular enough to be having prizemoney like it is, so it either takes oil money or leaches off the men's game. either way the women will get zero crowds and shafted on t.v. the wta was at its best when it had manageable $1million or $600k tournaments that were big enough for its niche market and were in places that had a liking for women's tennis.

TheBoiledEgg
May 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
K Fischer sent me this in his tweet
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20111225/wta-perform-announce-landmark-deal_2256076_2557594

Starts next year we will see though :o

leon charles
May 7th, 2012, 08:30 PM
why are people surprised about this? the wta has always been shafted when it comes to these combined events. it is the price you pay for taking a share of the men's money (no way could the wta have a tournament this size by itself in spain) but hey look at the bright side, goldenlox can tell you how many million caro has earned by the age of 22.

wta lost its way a while ago. it isn't popular enough to be having prizemoney like it is, so it either takes oil money or leaches off the men's game. either way the women will get zero crowds and shafted on t.v. the wta was at its best when it had manageable $1million or $600k tournaments that were big enough for its niche market and were in places that had a liking for women's tennis.

what you are saying may be true but is hardly relevant to what we are angry about - expecting 50/50 coverage is unrealistic, yes, but why the fuck are they turning off the cameras on show courts that have been on all day as soon as the women start playing on them?

there is nothing else to show right now and they decided to just shut down rather than show wta. there is no economic benefit - or a benefit of any kind actually - to do this, it is just dumb

sammy01
May 7th, 2012, 08:35 PM
what you are saying may be true but is hardly relevant to what we are angry about - expecting 50/50 coverage is unrealistic, yes, but why the fuck are they turning off the cameras on show courts that have been on all day as soon as the women start playing on them?

there is nothing else to show right now and they decided to just shut down rather than show wta. there is no economic benefit - or a benefit of any kind actually - to do this, it is just dumb

it isn't free to just 'have' cameras on. this is a premier event, they haven't just got some webcam stuck on a stick.

there obviously isn't the right money or demand for this to be broadcast, cus if there was it would be

QuestJon
May 7th, 2012, 08:39 PM
K Fischer sent me this in his tweet
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20111225/wta-perform-announce-landmark-deal_2256076_2557594

Starts next year we will see though :o

Ridiculous. Isn't it?

Another party involved to make money out of it
for their own profit.
Sacrifying their experience in tennis coverage?
USOpen is not a WTA event and the other US coverage
(see Miami etc.) so far has been one of the very worst.

Maybe the truth comes at the end. All about money revenue.

Doesn't making big money contracts always means big money
in private pockets too? And having to take more interests
into account?

Things are likely to get worse.

C. Drone
May 7th, 2012, 08:44 PM
it isn't free to just 'have' cameras on. this is a premier event, they haven't just got some webcam stuck on a stick.

there obviously isn't the right money or demand for this to be broadcast, cus if there was it would be

betting sites paying money for MM television feed like Fes or Budapest. This still has nothing to do with ATP.

Patrick345
May 7th, 2012, 08:59 PM

Demand is not a problem. In Stuttgart every single match from the final day of qualifying to the final itself was televised/streamed. Itīs clearly an issue with the rights owners.

sammy01
May 7th, 2012, 09:00 PM
betting sites paying money for MM television feed like Fes or Budapest. This still has nothing to do with ATP.

it does because t.v already got all the coverage they need thanks to the men's matches. they don't need more coverage at 10/11pm at night of the women.

why do you think the women's matches are either really early or last on?

Gdsimmons
May 7th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I think it is so unfair that TC just pushes the WTA matches to the background. I mean if TC is covering Madrid , they should show everyone they can. Like really who would people rather watch Serena or freaking Youznhy? Come on now.

sammy01
May 7th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Demand is not a problem. In Stuttgart every single match from the final day of qualifying to the final itself was televised/streamed. Itīs clearly an issue with the rights owners.

because there is only wta at stuttgart. the qualies matches were on a single camera livestream for free, stuttgart and the wta made nothing from showing them. why would madrid do that? the single camera livestreams from stuttgart looked and were cheap, something i'm sure madrid doesn't want to look like.

if they are going to film/broadcast matches there needs to be demand from t.v so they can do it professionally, and there obviously isn't as they wouldn't turn down money to broadcast them.

cescsas
May 7th, 2012, 09:10 PM
They might as well put the women's matches in a underground bunker where no person can see or hear. I'm sure the Madrid authorities would like that.

C. Drone
May 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
it does because t.v already got all the coverage they need thanks to the men's matches. they don't need more coverage at 10/11pm at night of the women.

why do you think the women's matches are either really early or last on?

who? what? :confused:

and from Stuttgart they showed Kvitova-Kerber which started after 11pm and finished almost 1am.

edit: obviously they scheduled WTA matches because they knew there wont be any coverage besides the early 2. Schedule would change with a different TV/streaming agreement.

Spice
May 7th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I have emailed the WTA and asked why the coverage is poor!

perseus2006
May 8th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Is there anything good about Madrid and it's coverage of the WTA?

I can't think of a thing.

doujyr
May 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM
hilarious tweet

Tom Perrotta ‏ @TomPerrotta
Madrid tennis organizers told players the blue clay was better for TV audiences--but forgot to mention the tournament wouldn't be on TV...

sammy01
May 8th, 2012, 07:46 PM
this is basically an atp tournament with women's matches played either so early no one gives a toss, so late no one gives a toss, or on non televised courts people don't give a toss about.

still the winner gets what $750k? :worship:

Raiden
May 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I think it is so unfair that TC just pushes the WTA matches to the background. I mean if TC is covering Madrid , they should show everyone they can. Like really who would people rather watch Serena or freaking Youznhy?Youzhny, especially since he's scheduled to play Del Potro.

Serena swatting a low level WTA scrub in the early rounds has never been a crowd puller.

Patrick345
May 8th, 2012, 08:32 PM
hilarious tweet

Madrid tennis organizers told players the blue clay was better for TV audiences--but forgot to mention the tournament wouldn't be on TV...

:worship::worship::lol:

C. Drone
May 8th, 2012, 08:49 PM
hilarious tweet

damn copycat he... :rolleyes:

Corswandt
May 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Agasport. :worship:

sammy01
May 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Agasport. :worship:

plus this match will be repeated tonight on agasport instead of live vika vs ana :hearts::worship:

Corswandt
May 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
plus this match will be repeated tonight on agasport instead of live vika vs ana :hearts::worship:

NID.

https://twitter.com/#!/Corswandt/status/199270115538243584

rucolo
May 9th, 2012, 01:32 PM
hilarious tweet

:lol:

rucolo
May 9th, 2012, 01:35 PM
We have really interesting R3 matches: Azarenka-Ivanovic, Serena-Wozniacki and Sharapova-Safarova :yeah:

If these won`t be streamed, then Madrid :help::help::help:

Kampi
May 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM
We have really interesting R3 matches: Azarenka-Ivanovic, Serena-Wozniacki and Sharapova-Safarova :yeah:

If these won`t be streamed, then Madrid :help::help::help:

Because of that it is already safe to say that Madrid is :help::help::help:

vspak
May 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Madrid-Final will be streamed or not? :oh: :lol:

Raiden
May 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM
^ No, it will not be televised (Radwanska won't get there since she'll bump into Azarenka in the semifinal :p

vspak
May 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
^ No, it will not be televised (Radwanska won't get there since she'll bump into Azarenka in the semifinal :p
Butthurt? :confused:

PetraReeMona
May 9th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Am I going mad or are Eurosport not showing the Madrid final :confused:

I've looked on Sky+ Planner and the last match they are showing this week is on Saturday and then it goes to Rome on Monday (nothing on Sunday inbetween). :shrug:

Anyone know?

kaiafan
May 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Am I going mad or are Eurosport not showing the Madrid final :confused:

I've looked on Sky+ Planner and the last match they are showing this week is on Saturday and then it goes to Rome on Monday (nothing on Sunday inbetween). :shrug:

Anyone know?

Apparently British Eurosport won't be showing the final live.Not the same for international channel.It's there on the schedule.

vspak
May 10th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Polish Eurosport 2:
Sunday
13:30 Tennis http://layout.tv.eurosport.pl/i/logo/tvschedule/epg/v2/live.png
TENNIS: WTA, Madrid, Spain - Final (120min)

PetraReeMona
May 10th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for your responses.

Typical British E/S. Thank goodness for computers.

vspak
May 10th, 2012, 01:22 PM
All quarterfinals tomorrow in Eurosport / E2 :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
May 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
got Eurosport HD so final should be on there, clashes with F1 and final day of EPL

Jorn
May 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Final will be delayed on ES HD here, as they change the time so it fits better? (Before the Giro...)

hBence
May 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
ALL QF matches will be on ES, right?