PDA

View Full Version : BBC/Eurosport/Sky Sports/ESPN/TTC- Etc - Coverage, Moan Thread !!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Adrian.
May 29th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Neither me :fiery:

killerqueen
May 29th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Is anyone watching Sharapova/Garcia on British Eurosport 2?

The two commentators blatantly hate each other. They can barely keep it civil. It's hilarious! :lol:

:lol: The Eurosport commentators who did Wozniacki/Hantuchova clearly hated each other too. One of them was making all the effort to get conversation going, but the other just wanted nothing to do with it.

Conversation was like this:
Man 1: So, what do you think Wozniacki has to do to get one of these slams.
LONG LONG PAUSE
Man 1: What do you think she needs to improve?
LONG LONG PAUSE
Man 2: Be more aggressive.

Man 1: Wozniacki is wearing Stella McCartney today.. *Long chatter about her outfit, and how it was made* What do you think of it....
LONG LONG PAUSE.
Man 2: It's nice.
Man 1: *Laughing* Its nice?
Man 2: Fashion IS NOT my thing.

:lol:

GS2
May 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I don't really understand why Eurosport felt the night to split screen Eurosport2 to show the match points in the Djokovic v Gasquet game at the expense of Jankovic v Schiavone when there were showing the mens match on the main channel - something which they had already mentioned multiple times.

KournikovaFan91
May 29th, 2011, 05:00 PM
No offense, but if Gimelstob is going to praise a Montanes/Fognini 4r, how could he shit on the women's matchups.

Well that sexist pig would never give the women credit even if the top 10 men were dumped out in round one of a slam.

nevetssllim
May 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
ES is showing only 4 hours tennis a day because of shitty handball and cycling :fiery:

I don't have ES 2 :fiery:

They were showing the Djokovic procession so you were probably better off with the cycling. :p

Beat
May 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
the perfect thread to me: i appreciate eurosport's coverage of roland garros. BUT the already slightly annoying german commentators are just un-fucking-bearable when a german player plays. totally obnoxious. i just wanna slap them.

2moretogo
May 31st, 2011, 05:30 PM
Sooo pissed... I depend on Radio RG while I am at work, and they have completely ignored the Sveta v. Bartoli match even though Gael is in an injury timeout, and the ladies are playing a tiebreaker. I really hate the french commentator he almost has to be slapped upside the head by the other commentators to go over the women's match. Geez, not even ESPN is this sexist.

JonBcn
May 31st, 2011, 05:37 PM
Is there anything on this planet more fist-bitingly excruciating than Game Set & Mats?

The other night he was talking about how Vera Zvonareva had been #1 without winning a Slam...

swim4life227
May 31st, 2011, 06:19 PM
What genius at ESPN thought it was a good idea to have a split screen between two matches so we can "see" both? Instead we can see NEITHER match because the screens are so damn small. Is it that hard to show one match and then show taped footage from a few moments prior?

It especially peeves me off when we're at the crucial end of the Bartoli/Kuzzy match and fucking Fed is up 2 sets and that damn clown Monfils has to ruin it because he can't hold serve. We get it, Fed wins in straights. Jesus no need to show an inevitable result.

backhandsmash
May 31st, 2011, 07:42 PM
Is there anything on this planet more fist-bitingly excruciating than Game Set & Mats?

The other night he was talking about how Vera Zvonareva had been #1 without winning a Slam...

I wasn't sure I heard it right, because it was just too big a mistake. Guess not. :lol:

backhandsmash
May 31st, 2011, 07:46 PM
What genius at ESPN thought it was a good idea to have a split screen between two matches so we can "see" both? Instead we can see NEITHER match because the screens are so damn small. Is it that hard to show one match and then show taped footage from a few moments prior?

It especially peeves me off when we're at the crucial end of the Bartoli/Kuzzy match and fucking Fed is up 2 sets and that damn clown Monfils has to ruin it because he can't hold serve. We get it, Fed wins in straights. Jesus no need to show an inevitable result.

Eurosport is using that very same genius apparently.

They must think we all have 50"+ screens or something.

KarlyM*
May 31st, 2011, 11:31 PM
What genius at ESPN thought it was a good idea to have a split screen between two matches so we can "see" both? Instead we can see NEITHER match because the screens are so damn small. Is it that hard to show one match and then show taped footage from a few moments prior? I HATE THIS!!!! :banghead:

duhcity
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Evert is so bland :lol:

"In the 70s and 80s, you only saw S&V in the men. Whether it was Pete Sampras or whoever..."

Trying to make herself seem younger :lol:

Ryan
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I really like Chris so far; we need someone who is objective, analytical, and not crazy (like everyone else there).

duhcity
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I like the crazy though. I genuinely would love to go to a bar with Brad, Cliff, Darren, MJF, and especially Pam.
I don't really turn to the commentators for information anyway. I want good hearted fun with behind the scenes jabs.

ESPN is on a roll today. Cliff: "Venus could jump off the roof of Centre Court and land safely"

debopero
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Whoever that old guy was on BBC was really annoying me. Luckily, Tracy Austin just seemed to ignore his stupidity.

Ryan
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I like the crazy though. I genuinely would love to go to a bar with Brad, Cliff, Darren, MJF, and especially Pam.
I don't really turn to the commentators for information anyway. I want good hearted fun with behind the scenes jabs.

ESPN is on a roll today. Cliff: "Venus could jump off the roof of Centre Court and land safely"

:lol: I agree, I'd love to grab a beer or two with them. They're great, funny commentators. But you wouldn't want to go to a bar with Evert!? One of the wittiest/cattiest players of her time. I'm sure she's got lots of crazy in her - this is only Day One I guess. ;)

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I really like Chris so far; we need someone who is objective, analytical, and not crazy (like everyone else there).

Her and Pam Shriver need to have a show, and bring in Martina.........Actually, all three of them would be perfect for a radio show.

duhcity
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:24 PM
:lol: I agree, I'd love to grab a beer or two with them. They're great, funny commentators. But you wouldn't want to go to a bar with Evert!? One of the wittiest/cattiest players of her time. I'm sure she's got lots of crazy in her - this is only Day One I guess. ;)

She'd totally mom me.

Plus you know everyone at ESPN is a bitchy jealous girl on the inside. Brad's little "all of our careers put together is less than 154" probably caused Pam to grab a few extra Pimm's ;)

Sean.
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Not moaning, but Tim Henman is having a conservation right now without realising the microphone is on.

Hope he says something scandalous! :oh:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Her and Pam Shriver need to have a show, and bring in Martina.........Actually, all three of them would be perfect for a radio show.

I think you just got your wish, Pam and Chrissie will commentate on the Schiavone-Dokic match

eck
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
English guy: "Zhang wins the first set against Svetlana Kuzt...Kuzt...Kuznetsova"

edificio
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Whoever that old guy was on BBC was really annoying me. Luckily, Tracy Austin just seemed to ignore his stupidity.

I was thinking that was her strategy. :lol:

duhcity
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:21 PM
ESPN is nailing it today.
Showing Pam's "cursory" handshake and loss to Evert in the final :lol:

saul1333
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:35 PM
ESPN interviewing Lahyani haha

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
ESPN is nailing it today.
Showing Pam's "cursory" handshake and loss to Evert in the final :lol:

That's what I'm saying..........Do what NBA on TNT does with Barkley and Smith. It makes for great TV.

watchdogfish
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:05 PM
For anyone who's had the agonypleasure of watching John Inverdale on the daily highlights show...which female player will have the dubious honour of having their name pronounced incorrectly? :devil:

Monica_Rules
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
John Inverdale is an arsehole. I hope they fire him for gross incompetence

HippityHop
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I guess that I'll watch them show the Lisicki/Maria match on tape delay after knowing the outcome. NOT!

If you're going to show tennis do it or get the hell out of the way and let somebody else show it.

Why do they even bother? :fiery:

Jonathan23
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Yes, they are horrible. I switched to atdhe (http://atdhe.tv) and even when they have some lags, it is still much better.

darrinbaker00
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I guess that I'll watch them show the Lisicki/Maria match on tape delay after knowing the outcome. NOT!

If you're going to show tennis do it or get the hell out of the way and let somebody else show it.

Because they know people will watch it, that's why. They've been doing this for a while, you know.

rockbottom
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM
+1...I don't mind couple hours delay but not showing until 8pm est is just F king retarded.

HippityHop
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Because they know people will watch it, that's why. They've been doing this for a while, you know.

True, they have been doing it for awhile and the sheep will watch it. I'd rather wait until it comes on Wimbledon live on the TTC rather then give them another set of eyeballs. Maybe if we stopped falling for that crap they would stop it.

And they still are useless.

Henpova
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I know...i don't watch tape delay if I know the out come and I am following the live score. They need to have it where one channel has it per day...not this one match on espn and the next on nbc....it just stupid.

darrinbaker00
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:31 PM
True, they have been doing it for awhile and the sheep will watch it. I'd rather wait until it comes on Wimbledon live on the TTC rather then give them another set of eyeballs. Maybe if we stopped falling for that crap they would stop it.

And they still are useless.

Useless enough for you to not watch the final Saturday morning? Nope.

Henpova
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:34 PM

Watch them tape delay that LOL....haha I could see it happening.

the cat
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Why do they even bother? :fiery:NBC is pathetic. I cannot believe I can't see a Wimbledon semfinal live. I have not been into tennis the past couple years like I used to but Maria Sharapova playing a Wimbledon semifinal got me to watch the match live. But I can't thanks NBC. :rolleyes: And NBC won't allow ESPN2 to air the match live so they ripoff tennis fans who want live tennis. To me NBC has become trash in recent years and for them to show part 2 of the horrible Today Show instead of live Wimbledon tennis is beyond ridiculous. :fiery:

rockbottom
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:48 PM
You know what? since everyone already knows the outcome, we should all boycott tonight's airing and nobody watches it so that NBC will come out like losers to the sponsors. Teach them a lesson

Cakeisgood
Jun 30th, 2011, 04:55 PM
You know what? since everyone already knows the outcome, we should all boycott tonight's airing and nobody watches it so that NBC will come out like losers to the sponsors. Teach them a lesson

Agreed.

Us Canadians got lucky because TSN (our sports channel) automatically switched over and we got to watch the match live and with Lindsay commentating :drool:

HippityHop
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:06 PM

If it's tape delay. Yep.

But if you like it for you, I love it for you.

Fool
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they won't tape delay a final, so I'm past not being able to watch it on TV since I had a good stream anyway.

mboyle
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:13 PM
But what would we do without Kathy Lee Griffith and the other blonde bimbo singing "Clumsy" while selling us "Walk of Shame" kits? :tape: That's important stuff!

darrinbaker00
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
If it's tape delay. Yep.

But if you like it for you, I love it for you.

I never claimed to like it, but I understand why NBC does it, and I know they're not going to change it unless, like someone suggested a few posts ago, people stop watching. If NBC knew they could make more money showing live tennis during that time instead of The Today Show, they'd do it without blinking.

Cakeisgood
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I never claimed to like it, but I understand why NBC does it, and I know they're not going to change it unless, like someone suggested a few posts ago, people stop watching. If NBC knew they could make more money showing live tennis during that time instead of The Today Show, they'd do it without blinking.

I proudly woke up at 7am to watch. Right before they switched the broadcast over, ESPN announced "at 8pm, Sharapova vs. Lisicki" and I was LIVID.

I'm happy the Canadian channel moved it, but I fail to see a real gain for NBC. If anything, it makes people more upset. Hell, show the match twice.

darrinbaker00
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:40 PM
+1...I don't mind couple hours delay but not showing until 8pm est is just F king retarded.

Where I live, NBC will broadcast the match at noon. ESPN 2 will have it at 8:00 EDT (5:00 PDT).

Fool
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I just checked my viewing guide.

NBC has live coverage of the Women's Final starting at 8 AM CT.

nelsondan
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Jay Leno sucks on his own. He triple sucks compared to letterman----hope Maria plays well enough in NYC to be on with Dave again.

HippityHop
Jun 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM

But that's my point. If they know that they can't make money showing live tennis, why bother doing it at all? Let ESPN2 show it live and take the loss. In this day of the internet where every result is know immediately, it's not as big a deal for people to watch a tape delay on NBC.

I just really wonder why they bother.

HippityHop
Jun 30th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Where I live, NBC will broadcast the match at noon. ESPN 2 will have it at 8:00 EDT (5:00 PDT).

Same here, but I already know who won. That takes some of the fun out watching. Now I'll admit that if I know that one of my faves has already won it matters not, I'll still watch. But I don't feel as compelled to watch other matches. But that's just me and others may feel differently.

Vlover
Jun 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Now I'll admit that if I know that one of my faves has already won it matters not, I'll still watch. But I don't feel as compelled to watch other matches. But that's just me and others may feel differently.
My attitude for delayed tape is the same especially if the person who won is not someone I care for and most importantly I don't have to listen to Carillo.:tape:

darrinbaker00
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:14 PM
But that's my point. If they know that they can't make money showing live tennis, why bother doing it at all? Let ESPN2 show it live and take the loss. In this day of the internet where every result is know immediately, it's not as big a deal for people to watch a tape delay on NBC.

Breakfast at Wimbledon on the second weekend, that's why they bother. In order to get the two finals, NBC probably had to promise to show a certain minimum amount of hours, hence the tape delays during the week. If ESPN/Disney really want it, they should outbid NBC when the next contract comes up.

jrollaneres25
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:16 PM

I know I am soo with you:o I was watching the Maria/Lisicki match and then stumbled across the score online. UGH!:rolleyes:

lefty24
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I was SO PISSED!!!!

Stonerpova
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Or you all can do what I did and not go on the Internet or turn on ESPN until it airs. They aired it at noon my time. Not a big deal.

My attitude for delayed tape is the same especially if the person who won is not someone I care for and most importantly I don't have to listen to Carillo.:tape:

Carillo was virtually silent during the second set of the Sharapova/Lisicki match. When she spoke after Maria won I had forgotten Mary was even there

KarlyM*
Jul 1st, 2011, 03:40 AM
NBC is a disgrace! :o

Why doesn't Wimbledon require that their programming be shown live? I hope NBC loses their contract.

keithb1961
Jul 1st, 2011, 03:54 AM
They did the same thing with the quarterfinals.....completely useless....

perseus2006
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:03 AM
I agree NBC should either show the matches live or get out of the business. This isn't 1954 where you either watched what the big broadcasters decide to present or waited for the newspaper to be delivered to get the results.

I watched a live stream. Which was very good.

I watched NBC's tape delay and was horrified to encounter Mary Carillo and John McEnroe... Could they have found two worse commentators for a Women's match? Thankfully they mostly said nothing.

And I watched ESPN2's tape delay at 8:00 PM EDT, which was excellent with Cliffy and MJF, I think!?!

NBC's presentation was by far the worst.

tievae
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:14 AM
I am so frustrated with NBC - if they're going to show tennis matches tape delayed, they should at least give the option to have the matches shown live either online or on ESPN2 or another channel.

Leelee.
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:19 AM
Breakfast at Wimbledon on the second weekend, that's why they bother. In order to get the two finals, NBC probably had to promise to show a certain minimum amount of hours, hence the tape delays during the week. If ESPN/Disney really want it, they should outbid NBC when the next contract comes up.
NBC doesn't have to show anything. They could easily put it live on one of the however many networks Comcast owns, which they did way back with the 2001 men's final. NBC really needs to get with the times and realize tape-delay doesn't cut it in the Internet age.

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:48 AM
NBC doesn't have to show anything. They could easily put it live on one of the however many networks Comcast owns, which they did way back with the 2001 men's final. NBC really needs to get with the times and realize tape-delay doesn't cut it in the Internet age.

www.nbcsports.com

Don't tell me. Tell them.

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:50 AM
NBC is a disgrace! :o

Why doesn't Wimbledon require that their programming be shown live? I hope NBC loses their contract.

As long as the check clears the bank, the All-England couldn't care less when NBC (or anyone else, for that matter) shows the matches.

pokey camp
Jul 1st, 2011, 06:50 AM

Well this may be the last year for people to complain.

NBC’s contract expires (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117968099?refCatId=14) this year (http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/06/nbc_espn_close_in_on_wimbledon.php) so maybe another network will step in.

NBC Sports has renewed its rights to the Wimbledon tennis tournament for another four years, starting in 2008, ponying up $12 million a year vs. $13 million in the current contract.
The license fee dropped by $1 million a year at least in part because the Wimbledon ratings tumbled in 2006 by 20% from the previous year's average.

And on top of that, Ebersol resigned last month so... who knows? :shrug:

Jeff
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Yes NBC is indeed useless. To only provide three hours of coverage, up until the semifinals, is pathetic. I guess they are expecting the men to breeze through 6:1, 6:1, 6:1.

CBS does a very good job covering the U.S. Open. It would be nice if CBS or ESPN buy the rights to Wimbledon when NBC's contract is up.

edificio
Jul 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM
NBC could show Wimbledon live on Universal Sports. When there isn't a sporting event, this station shows triathlons, etc., from years back and now highlights from the Giro d'Italia (this year, since they showed highlights from 2009 and 2010 just before the 2011 Giro). Anyway, they also show the Diamond League on that station, and that is barely once every two weeks. I'm glad NBC is getting out of the business, though. Someone said it already. You cannot expect to get decent viewership for tape-delayed events.

ghost world
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Mary C, Ted Robinson, and Johnny Mac are the worst.

They're a fucking sewing circle.

WhatAQt
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:38 PM
Please call this # and complain 212 664-4444

Mike_T
Jul 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM
Someone tell Boris, that hairs growing out your ears, isn’t a cool look.

lefty24
Jul 1st, 2011, 06:14 PM
NBC is horrific.

I hate to say I have really enjoyed ESPN2's coverage this year! I'm in love with their women's semi final commercial to 30 Seconds to Mars. I also enjoy the commentators a lot more than NBC...
NBC should learn from them. It's like they don't put forth any effort.

Libertango
Jul 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Boris has definitely got that alcoholic bloat going on... if his incoherent babbling didn't give it away already.

Vlover
Jul 1st, 2011, 08:41 PM
NBC is horrific.

I hate to say I have really enjoyed ESPN2's coverage this year! I'm in love with their women's semi final commercial to 30 Seconds to Mars. I also enjoy the commentators a lot more than NBC...
NBC should learn from them. It's like they don't put forth any effort.
I think the big difference is the absence of Carrillo. When Carrillo teams up with any other commentator for women's tennis everything goes to shit real fast. I'm not a fan of Chrissie due to past transgressions but I must say she has been very balanced this fortnight. I noticed that the atmosphere on ESPN has been far more positive towards women's tennis since Carrillo left.:yeah: I think Chrissie got a very good sense of who the "newer" players are and hopefully will improve on her facts for the USO. I'm glad to hear her also admits that there is far better depth in women's tennis than during her era.

The license fee dropped by $1 million a year at least in part because the Wimbledon ratings tumbled in 2006 by 20% from the previous year's average
I have a feeling that this years ratings are going to be lower also therefore the fee could a bargain again.

Mary Cherry.
Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Are they going to show the women's final on the BBC? Or are they scheduling it around the Boys' final :o

debopero
Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:41 PM
This is kind of random but one of the men on the BBC commentating team has a very sexy British accent and I was wondering who it was :o .

Mary Cherry.
Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Are they going to show the women's final on the BBC? Or are they scheduling it around the Boys' final :o

Good timing.

lefty24
Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
I'm really dreading NBC showing the final.

On ESPN2 they actually talk about the match and break it down o a cool touch screen thing. and their interviews with the players are SO much better than NBC.

akosiirwyn
Jul 3rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
apparently NBC and Wimbledon ended their partnership? Ted Robinson mentioned something at the end of the telecast today

FaceyFacem
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:14 PM
yes, seems espn got it

Specter
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Boris has definitely got that alcoholic bloat going on... if his incoherent babbling didn't give it away already.

He was definitely in great form again in the final. :tape:

Honestly, at this stage I believe the only reason they still have him on is because they hope there will come a moment when he says something so profoundly asinine that the other guys' heads explode upon hearing it.

Vlover
Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
British fans, I'm curious to hear what Tracy was saying when Pova was losing?:)

leftyness
Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
This is kind of random but one of the men on the BBC commentating team has a very sexy British accent and I was wondering who it was :o .

Having dug out a clip on the BBC youtube channel, it sounds to me like Mark Petchey.

Fragglespank
Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:03 PM
The BBC coverage is usually pretty good, but I missed the start of set 2 in the doubles final because they were showing an interview with Kvitova.

akosiirwyn
Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:33 PM
yes, seems espn got it

if i'd bothered to read a page before :rolleyes:
thanks though. it's official. ESPN outbid NBC.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/07/nbc-out-espn-in-no-more-wimbledon-tape-delay.html

Love-seles
Aug 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Its nothing but filler coverage for the atp matches here in the US. i just knew the coverage would be like this. but i was hoping i was wrong. wta gets very little respect here in the US. i can only imagine how bad it will be when the William sisters quit. even with Serena's match today the match won't be shown all the way thru. so retarded to have the atp and wta Canada events going together at the same time. no doubt this was all about making more money. it sure wasn't for the fans.:fiery:

Jimmie48
Aug 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
The coverage in Europe is even worse, Eurosport is ignoring all matches starting at 7pm local time or later to show U20 football or infomercials all week.

Break My Rapture
Aug 9th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Why can't ES show a replay of Görges/Jankovic instead of replaying Stosur/Morita and Bartoli/Vosko during the rain delay?

TimeyWimey
Aug 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
i am still waiting for Marino/Makarova match:help::help::help:

vanillalatte
Aug 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Why can't ES show a replay of Görges/Jankovic instead of replaying Stosur/Morita and Bartoli/Vosko during the rain delay?

This!

Love-seles
Aug 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
The early rd coverage is bad enough for the wta side. but no coverage of the 2nd semi? not on espn 1 or 2. or the tennis channel. not even in tape delay. both mens semis are being shown. Seriously WTF?

duhcity
Aug 10th, 2011, 03:08 PM
The early rd coverage is bad enough for the wta side. but no coverage of the 2nd semi? not on espn 1 or 2. or the tennis channel. not even in tape delay. both mens semis are being shown. Seriously WTF?

Is it on ESPN3?
I mean, I'm not surprised the women got the shaft. But that lineup would change in an instant if both women's semi matchups were good while one of the men's halves fell completely apart without one of the top 3.

NeKo
Aug 10th, 2011, 04:17 PM
No stream for Halep vs. Safarova?

2moretogo
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Here goes ESPN fucking up my tennis coverage again. So not only are they not showing the women until tomorrow, it looks like they are stopping TTC from showing the women and Tsonga v. Federer tonight. For little league baseball coverage. sighs.

Adrian.
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Eurosport still shows the biking guys :unsure:
Should be over soon :unsure:

nevetssllim
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Oh wow - can you believe it? Eurosport's lost the streaming!

Break My Rapture
:rolls:

Adrian.
NO pics :facepalm::haha::rolls::facepalm:

Adrian.
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:42 PM
SB isn't working, too :haha:

Patrick345
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I assume that there are many different satellites to transmit a signal overseas and Eurosport just uses the cheapest available. When they lost signal from Carlsbad all the time, Sky still had the Golf US Open on. It must be a major coincidence that bad weather always interfers with Eurosports pictures. :rolleyes:

duhcity
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:47 PM
lol, Eurosport says Toronto lost power :lol:
I felt like this happened here last year to the men. Or another men's tournament that needed light

nevetssllim
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:48 PM
At least they're not showing WATTS. :lol:

adner
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:54 PM
At least they're not showing WATTS. :lol:

No, but it's like the 1000th time I watch this Mats' Point thing. It was an interesting watch, but really, they don't have to repeat it all over again several times every day.

Break My Rapture
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Yup.

edificio
Aug 11th, 2011, 10:24 PM
ESPN has shafted the women in their US Open Series coverage. Screw them.

croat123
Aug 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
really espn??

In The Zone
Aug 29th, 2011, 11:52 AM
This is how it will be and this is how it was last year.

Tennis Channel begins coverage at 11am, ESPN comes on at 1pm. This is why you will see the first match on Ashe and Armstrong are not always the greatest.

The Witch-king
Aug 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM
It's like this like every year

Jeff
Aug 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM
The first few hours will start on Tennis Channel.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Ever since Tennis Channel got rights for all the slams they've been like this. :shrug:

Purple_Rain
Aug 29th, 2011, 02:48 PM
If you want comprehensive coverage of the USO, you have to stream online. Tennis Channel/ESPN/Eurosport can't show all the matches at once, so inevitably, they will neglect to show matches you want to see. In the US you can get high quality streams from the USO website.

Maria rocks
Aug 29th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Im going to watch on Sky sports 2 from 4pm also its on Eurosport from 4pm. This is British time of course.

laurie
Aug 29th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I'm watching Eurosport International and there's no commentary so far during the Fish or Kvitova match. Is is the same on British Eurosport or other Eurosports? German etc?

John.
Aug 29th, 2011, 08:27 PM
British Eurosport have Chris Bradnam and Jo Durie on the Kvitova match

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 29th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I have commentary both on Polish and British ES :confused:

hablo
Aug 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I'd love coverage with no commentary! :lol:

I consider that a luxury. :tape:

laurie
Aug 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks, its probably just Eurosport International. Now they've gone to Tommy Haas' match :(

Lisickinator
Aug 29th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'd love coverage with no commentary! :lol:

I consider that a luxury. :tape:

Specter
Aug 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
German ES 2 showing Kvitty and I don't know what is going on there. They got some Austrian (?) dude and the chick who normally only does news flashes and translations. They're goddamn awful...

I wish we had no commentary. :rolleyes:

Linnie
Aug 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM
From Amélie's (who's working Eurosport France) Facebook page:

...De mon coté, pas d'entretien sur Eurosport aujourd'hui (ni demain à priori) car l'ouragan et la fermeture des aéroports ont perturbé notre organisation...
--------------------------------------
For my part, no "d'entretien" on Eurosport today (or tomorrow in advance) because the hurricane and the closure of airports disrupted our organization ...

I would assume this applies to Eurosport International as well :shrug:

XSTopspin
Aug 29th, 2011, 09:01 PM
usopen.org FTW

V-MAC
Aug 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Sky Sports IS the us open:hearts: Great coverage as always from them.

John.
Aug 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Sky Sports IS the us open:hearts: Great coverage as always from them.

This! I only subscribe to Sky Sports for the US open each year

Slammer7
Aug 29th, 2011, 09:10 PM
usopen.org FTW

Yep. :D

spokenword73
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Why are these two so obessed with Maria Sharapova's fist? They started criticizing her at Wimbledon for making a fist as she prepares to receive serve. I don't understand, when is it a crime to show intensity? I am no Maria fan, but these Chris and Pam are are already on my nerves.:confused:

hablo
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Sharpie gets on my nerves way more... :p

joão.
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:19 PM
:lol:

acetoace
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM
A well founded criticism nevertheless....:eek:

nelsondan
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
For a woman in her fifties, or forties or thirties for that matter, doesn't Chris look.....good?

I wonder if maria's great looks will endure as well as chris'.

spokenword73
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Yesterday's coverage of the USO was already making me mad. I like Chris Evert as a tennis player, but as a commentator she makes my head :explode:

swissmr
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Why are these two so obessed with Maria Sharapova's fist? They started criticizing her at Wimbledon for making a fist as she prepares to receive serve. I don't understand, when is it a crime to show intensity? I am no Maria fan, but these Chris and Pam are are already on my nerves.:confused:

:tape::tape::tape:

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Did you not just a create a similar thread.

The difference being this one does not name names in its title, but it is clear by your post who the target is: the same name in the first thread title

Bonfire
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:36 PM
For a woman in her fifties, or forties or thirties for that matter, doesn't Chris look.....good?

I wonder if maria's great looks will endure as well as chris'.

Noticed this too. Chris is looking and acting refreshed, younger and more positive recently.

first noticed it at Wimbledon but she is glowing even more here at USO

Crater718
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I find most if not all sports commentators suck.

InsideOut.
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Shriver at San Diego was just :yawn: complaining about the Ivanovic fistpump every single moment and never talking about the match. Like seriously woman, you can make one comment about it and go back to the game. You're not paid to talk garbage.

spokenword73
Aug 30th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Did you not just a create a similar thread.

The difference being this one does not name names in its title, but it is clear by your post who the target is: the same name in the first thread title
It dawned on my some people might actually like Pam and Chris. I guess if the MODERATORS want to combine/delete threads, they will.:tape:

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 30th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Sharpie gets on my nerves way more... :p

:worship:

Raiden
Aug 30th, 2011, 05:46 PM
They are hideous, ugly cranky old trouts.

They are the kind of women who can't help themselves but be instantaneously jealous of Pova.

Pova doesn't have to do anything major. They will be jealous of her anyway (and therefore will find something minor on her to twirl their defaced brows and moan about).

SoBizarre
Aug 30th, 2011, 05:54 PM

The secret of her good look is probably sex. Tons of it. ;)

Raiden
Aug 30th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Shriver at San Diego was just :yawn: complaining about the Ivanovic fistpump every single moment and never talking about the match. Like seriously woman, you can make one comment about it and go back to the game. You're not paid to talk garbage.But in this case Shriver is not even criticizing Pova for fistpumping in the traditional sense (for celebration purposes, which is a legit criticism) but instead she's jut bitching about something very minor that Pova does prior to playing a game point, that is something that is not annoying by any means (for the simple fact that it is not even noticeable to anyone unless television cameras trail and zoom on her).

mauresmofan
Aug 30th, 2011, 06:32 PM
They are hideous, ugly cranky old trouts.

They are the kind of women who can't help themselves but be instantaneously jealous of Pova.

Pova doesn't have to do anything. They will be jealous of her anyway (and therefore will find something on her to twirl their defaced brows and moan about).

Somehow I don't think Chris would be jealous of Pova's tennis career or her looks given she was good looking back in the day, Pam on the other hand....

Raiden
Aug 30th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Somehow I don't think Chris would be jealous of Pova's tennis career or her looks given she was good looking back in the day, Pam on the other hand....I said "they" but my comment's actually more meant for Pam than Chris (Chris is a bandwagoner who's mostly nodding and affirming while Pam is the one in the proverbial "driver's seat" (forming opinion and initiating most of the talking points).

J4m3ka
Sep 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Why is British Eurosport / Eurosport Player constantly showing journey women on court 3646264 rather than the matches on Ashe / LA / GS. Did I miss something regarding their rights this year?

Galang
Sep 1st, 2011, 07:16 PM
Why is British Eurosport / Eurosport Player constantly showing journey women on court 3646264 rather than the matches on Ashe / LA / GS. Did I miss something regarding their rights this year?

They're only allowed to show the most terrible match being played at the moment

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 1st, 2011, 08:30 PM
^^Word.

I'm happy for all the Germans in the draw, but if I wanted to see them, I'd use the ES Player.
Why do I have to watch Whatshername German No.713719 vs Whatshername Whatshercountry No.289812 if Serena fucking Williams is playing on CC?????????? :fiery: :mad: :(

Specter
Sep 1st, 2011, 08:34 PM
^^Word.

I'm happy for all the Germans in the draw, but if I wanted to see them, I'd use the ES Player.
Why do I have to watch Whatshername German No.713719 vs Whatshername Whatshercountry No.289812 if Serena fucking Williams is playing on CC?????????? :fiery: :mad: :(

Wait, so Barthel - Scheepers is not Germany exclusive? Lol? Why would they show that anywhere but here? :confused:

nevetssllim
Sep 1st, 2011, 09:25 PM

They don't have the rights to show live matches from Arthur Ashe. And I'm not sure they're allowed to show matches from Armstrong this year either. They've been on really obscure courts for the past few days!

jefrilibra
Sep 1st, 2011, 09:28 PM
They don't have the rights to show live matches from Arthur Ashe. And I'm not sure they're allowed to show matches from Armstrong this year either. They've been on really obscure courts for the past few days!

Huh? They just showed Roger's and Serena's matches LIVE from Ashe on Eurosport. And the night session too after the LIVE day session of track and field from S Korea. So they do have rights for it.

nevetssllim
Sep 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
Huh? They just showed Roger's and Serena's matches LIVE from Ashe on Eurosport. And the night session too after the LIVE day session of track and field from S Korea. So they do have rights for it.

Not on Eurosport in the UK, I should add. Sky Sports have the rights.

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Wait, so Barthel - Scheepers is not Germany exclusive? Lol? Why would they show that anywhere but here? :confused:

I live in Germany. :secret:

Not in Germany. :( We're stuck with Haas, Petko and Barthel(who?). :help:

Specter
Sep 1st, 2011, 10:11 PM
I live in Germany. :secret:

And here I thought you were living in technicolor. :oh:

nevetssllim
Sep 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Which matches are scheduled for Eurosport in the UK today?

Corswandt
Sep 2nd, 2011, 02:53 PM

ES International coverage doesn't suffer from such problems, but it has been truncated all through the week. Starts at 18:00 PM GMT or later, and then the night session gets interrupted.

Credit to them for NOT showing Princess Karolina yesterday though. :worship:

Crater718
Sep 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Who's that eurosport commentator who keeps talking about "picture" or "changing the picture"? Does my head in.

SwingVolley93
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
:bounce::bounce:

Bayo
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:16 PM
A small victory for muckrakers everywhere.

edificio
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
She was never fired by CBS and has been around all year. This is no bombshell. :shrug:

Ginny is better. :)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
CBS has some explaining to do.....

Showing Fish rather than Serena...

edificio
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:02 PM
I said "they" but my comment's actually more meant for Pam than Chris (Chris is a bandwagoner who's mostly nodding and affirming while Pam is the one in the proverbial "driver's seat" (forming opinion and initiating most of the talking points).

Pam is not jealous of Sharapova's career. Get real. She played against greater talents than that.

bobbynorwich
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Word is that she left in middle of 2010 USO due to pressure from producers to not say anything critical about American players --- she's never been one to mince words which is why she's so good.

Must have resolved the conflict to her advantage as this week referred to young American hope Ryan Harrison as "Mr. Cranky Pants!"
:yeah:

Rocketta
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
I have a complaint that I must must must get off of my chest. :angel:

SwingVolley93
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
lol

J4m3ka
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Does it involve a women with the surname Carillo? :angel:

bobbynorwich
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Try this: http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

edificio
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
If the above doesn't work, try this one: http://www.cbssports.com/help/contactus/usersspeak

bobbynorwich
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:34 PM
I have a complaint that I must must must get off of my chest. :angel:

Such a tease. ;) Do tell, what's the beef?

Slammer7
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:36 PM
Word is that she left in middle of 2010 USO due to pressure from producers to not say anything critical about American players --- she's never been one to mince words which is why she's so good.

Must have resolved the conflict to her advantage as this week referred to young American hope Ryan Harrison as "Mr. Cranky Pants!"
That was ESPN NOT CBS. She got a talking to years ago about offending CBS's audience. People don't tune in to hear players be bashed. Fair criticism is fine, but she has a habit of going way too far and way too personal. Oh and believe my ESPN does NOT miss her and I doubt a sizable part of their viewing audience does either. Mary is now free to do all the dog shows she pleases. :dog: :D
If the above doesn't work, try this one: http://www.cbssports.com/help/contactus/usersspeak

I know it's gotten a workout over the years when it comes to her and McEnroe. :lol:

Rocketta
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Does it involve a women with the surname Carillo? :angel:

:lol: Well to be honest even if it didn't I would throw her in somehow just because I can't stand her. :angel:

Such a tease. ;) Do tell, what's the beef?

I really wouldn't have posted it because I don't find it up for discussion anymore BUT SINCE SOMEONE MOVED MY THREAD... I will. :)

I just didn't appreciate them bringing up the Clijsters' match. There was no reason to mention it or show a highlight of the match. Serena is not playing Clijster, nor is it the same round as it happened nor is the same line judge in her match. It was mentioned just for the sake of mentioning it and then they noted how when asked at the beginning of the tournament, Serena said to move on and how she wasn't apologetic... blah blah blah... :yawn:

I appreciated Johnny Macs silence as its a non-issue. :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Try this: http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

The first one doesn't have a category for sports... :(

The second is about CBSSports.com complaints. :(

I want to make sure they know this complaint is about sports coverage. :D

archie4
Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:33 PM
I just didn't appreciate them bringing up the Clijsters' match. There was no reason to mention it or show a highlight of the match. Serena is not playing Clijster, nor is it the same round as it happened nor is the same line judge in her match. It was mentioned just for the sake of mentioning it and then they noted how when asked at the beginning of the tournament, Serena said to move on and how she wasn't apologetic... blah blah blah... :yawn:
I agree that they didn't really need to show a clip of the Clijsters match incident; however, it seems odd to me that Serena hasn't just addressed the issue head-on. If she'd just say something like, "Two years ago, I made a poor choice, and I apologize for that; however, I'd like to focus on this year rather than what happened in the past," the whole issue could go away. If asked again, Serena could say, "I've addressed what happened two years ago, and let's move on." Instead, she pretends not to know what they're talking about and says she heard what happened was "awesome." Serena is my favorite women's player, but what she did wasn't "awesome." Okay--off the soapbox... I do agree, Rocketta, that CBS didn't need to replay the clip again. Let's move on... Serena's playing great!

lupojohn
Sep 4th, 2011, 12:32 AM

Not everyone wants to see the blowouts on Ashe, Armstrong or Grandstand. Granted, Armstrong and Grandstand tend to produce mostly solid, if not, competitive matches. I don't think enough people understand the lifeblood of any major is the outside courts. At the Open, it's more accentuated due to matches taking so long that some spill over into the night session on other courts. Consider the following:

Monday: Andujar-Ferrero-Juan Carlos comes back to win in 5. We all know what he did in the next round.
Tuesday: Krajicek-Daniilidou-Michaella rallies from a set down, including a 2nd set tiebreak.
Wednesday: Kerber-Radwanska-Angelique wins 6-4 in the 3rd, and look where she is now.
Thursday I had a connectivity issue with my Internet.
Friday: Petrova-Stosur-Sam wins the longest women's match in U.S. Open history.

The point is that these matches either went the distance, the player is still alive, they were classics, or it was meaningful. It doesn't always have to be predictable with all the big names on Ashe always being shown. What Eurosport did was wonderful and I commend them, and I hope that you'll appreciate this in due time.

ghost world
Sep 4th, 2011, 12:35 AM
ESPN/CBS's telecast is over for the day?

Um, what?

lupojohn
Sep 4th, 2011, 12:41 AM

Um, what?

Yep. In 2009, when ESPN acquired the rights to the Open, they let the Tennis Channel have Saturday and Sunday's night sessions due to the fact that they didn't want to pre-empt their college football. Unless you get the Tennis Channel, you'll have to rely on the scoreboard at www.usopen.org

Gdsimmons
Sep 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Yep. In 2009, when ESPN acquired the rights to the Open, they let the Tennis Channel have Saturday and Sunday's night sessions due to the fact that they didn't want to pre-empt their college football. Unless you get the Tennis Channel, you'll have to rely on the scoreboard at www.usopen.org

I was wondering why they scheduled Serena and Azarenka for the day match.

edificio
Sep 4th, 2011, 02:31 AM

Um, what?

If you are in the US, you can watch on USOpen.org. They are showing Djoko/Davy right now.

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I agree that they didn't really need to show a clip of the Clijsters match incident; however, it seems odd to me that Serena hasn't just addressed the issue head-on. If she'd just say something like, "Two years ago, I made a poor choice, and I apologize for that; however, I'd like to focus on this year rather than what happened in the past," the whole issue could go away. If asked again, Serena could say, "I've addressed what happened two years ago, and let's move on." Instead, she pretends not to know what they're talking about and says she heard what happened was "awesome." Serena is my favorite women's player, but what she did wasn't "awesome." Okay--off the soapbox... I do agree, Rocketta, that CBS didn't need to replay the clip again. Let's move on... Serena's playing great!

Yeah but she admitted to apologizing and making a mistake the year it happened. She took her punishment and now it's over. The press has a right to ask her about it. She has a right to shine them on when they do. However, considering she didn't offer any new information on the situation... the only reason to bring it up is to try to stir controversy or to stir up negativity...

I wish I believed that if she just said , "yes it was bad and I apologized, lets move on" that the media would then let it go but I don't think so...knowing them they will only take that apology and make it something negative or then start hounding her about what she said.

Slammer7
Sep 4th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Yeah but she admitted to apologizing and making a mistake the year it happened. She took her punishment and now it's over. The press has a right to ask her about it. She has a right to shine them on when they do. However, considering she didn't offer any new information on the situation... the only reason to bring it up is to try to stir controversy or to stir up negativity...

I wish I believed that if she just said , "yes it was bad and I apologized, lets move on" that the media would then let it go but I don't think so...knowing them they will only take that apology and make it something negative or then start hounding her about what she said.
As a New Yorker who's seen the way the NY media approaches the WS I completely agree. I doubt it would be left at that as well, but they will continue to ask it at this U.S Open just so she will give them something so they can write columns about it. Very rarely does our media focus on positive stories, negativity and controversy sells so they try and create as much as possible. :o

ghost world
Sep 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
CBS is showing a Jimmy Connors' documentary over live tennis?

Um, okay.

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Any other suggestions on how to complain to CBS????

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:04 PM
ughh, now it's Jim Courier during the Young match.... :zzz:

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:36 PM
omg, Someone ANYONE get Jim Courier off of my TV. :help:

ghost world
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
lol

What was his saying about Young being a veteran? I missed it.

It sounds hilarious, though.

canadia
Sep 4th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I just rely on live streaming. I knew they would be showing the Nadal match on TV but I was hyped to see the Pennetta/Peng match. So glad I did. Wouldn't have wanted to miss seeing Flavia do her impression of Pete Sampras while trying to serve out the match. And I also get to avoid all those annoying American commentators.

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM
lol

What was his saying about Young being a veteran? I missed it.

It sounds hilarious, though.

He just kept giving his opinion as to why Young wasn't successful out of the juniors, ie not committed. Then when Young lost his serve when he was serving out the first set, Courier went on about how him not training at the USTA training center with Querry, Fish, Isner and is now training in Atlanta he is missing out on professional teaching which would help him think better on court. I tuned him out when he started talking about the incident this year... I didn't want to hear it. He's another Negative Nelly, ie another Carillo. Talk about the match... if a player is making the wrong decision then what is the right decision without harping on how the player should know better. :rolleyes:

Slammer7
Sep 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
He just kept giving his opinion as to why Young wasn't successful out of the juniors, ie not committed. Then when Young lost his serve when he was serving out the first set, Courier went on about how him not training at the USTA training center with Querry, Fish, Isner and is now training in Atlanta he is missing out on professional teaching which would help him think better on court. I tuned him out when he started talking about the incident this year... I didn't want to hear it. He's another Negative Nelly, ie another Carillo. Talk about the match... if a player is making the wrong decision then what is the right decision without harping on how the player should know better. :rolleyes:

Well considering the hype around Donald when he was a teenager that is the main story around him at the moment. If he continues to have success and if he keeps improving that story line will fade and people will shut up abut those things but right now that's what they will harp on. :shrug: Courier is by far the least negative among the commentators about Donald. Patrick McEnroe is the harshest because of a bit of a personal feud and also because of the USTA incident, but he was that way even before. Justin Gimelstob is ridiculous and it's very personal as well. Many of them don't and didn't want him to succeed, many of the men's commentators are NOT happy about his run and especially the fact that he did it his way and not completely by the book or completely with the system. It's even worse that he just bucked the system (USTA) and is now having his greatest success. :oh: Jim is one of the few professional Men's commentators who want Donald to succeed, he's one of the few cheerleaders for Donald. I've heard him many times talk about how he still believed Donald could succeed and he's called him a good kid many times, that's something the other would NEVER say about him. :( I know it's can be annoying to hear the criticism of Young, but it's almost impossible to call a match of his without mentioning them. That will change with success, but it was in the first paragraph of Donald's bio before this tournament. :shrug:

Ryan
Sep 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Jim Courier is AWFUL. Him and Gimelstob should be chucked off a cliff.

lupojohn
Sep 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Jim Courier is AWFUL. Him and Gimelstob should be chucked off a cliff.

And if Jim was chucked off a cliff, who would be the Davis Cup captain?

laurie
Sep 4th, 2011, 11:41 PM

And as Ryan appears to be Canadian, I don't think he's too bothered to provide an answer ;)

edificio
Sep 4th, 2011, 11:42 PM

Do you want her to apologize annually? Maybe she should go on an apology tour. She apologized when it happened. It is over. Done.

The commentating crew should stick to commentating on the match at hand. I don't want to hear about anything else. They will never do that because they think we want their "expertise," but I like to watch the match and make my own assessments. Many sports are just as bad. Baseball commentators, ugh. The Eurosport Daegu World Championships crew who commented on the action at hand was great, while the experts (Maurice Greene) were useless.

At least Navratilova tries to stick to the match at hand.

Slammer7
Sep 4th, 2011, 11:48 PM

Todd Martin most likely.

lupojohn
Sep 4th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Do you want her to apologize annually? Maybe she should go on an apology tour. She apologized when it happened. It is over. Done.

The commentating crew should stick to commentating on the match at hand. I don't want to hear about anything else. They will never do that because they think we want their "expertise," but I like to watch the match and make my own assessments. Many sports are just as bad. Baseball commentators, ugh. The Eurosport Daegu World Championships crew who commented on the action at hand was great, while the experts (Maurice Greene) were useless.

At least Navratilova tries to stick to the match at hand.

I disagree on this whole Serena issue. Yes, now they should let it go, but when ESPN2 showed her first round match against Jovanovski, what did you expect? She hasn't played a match at the Open since that incident. They showed a clip, played Serena's press conference, and that was it. CBS might have replayed it for those that don't get ESPN2. Maybe if Serena would have just apologized in the pre-tournament press conference ESPN2 showed, then this would all have ended, but she shouldn't be making jokes about it.

edificio
Sep 4th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I disagree on this whole Serena issue. Yes, now they should let it go, but when ESPN2 showed her first round match against Jovanovski, what did you expect? She hasn't played a match at the Open since that incident. They showed a clip, played Serena's press conference, and that was it. CBS might have replayed it for those that don't get ESPN2. Maybe if Serena would have just apologized in the pre-tournament press conference ESPN2 showed, then this would all have ended, but she shouldn't be making jokes about it.

She already apologized when it happened.

lupojohn
Sep 5th, 2011, 12:15 AM
She already apologized when it happened.

Sincerely? Whatever the case may be, do you understand my logic as to why ESPN2 and/or CBS showed the clip? You can't just forget about it. It had to be shown in the beginning.

guichard
Oct 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
"one of the best competitors of the last few decades" Reed about Wozniacki (oct 7th).

Jorn
Oct 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Pavs-Petko on ES?

Adrian.
Oct 7th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Pavs-Petko on ES?

there is a match on it :hysteric:

Jorn
Oct 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I can see now they wait for the mens match to finished on Lotus...

V-MAC
Oct 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Why are Eurosport showing yet another replay of the Petko/Bartoli match from the other day? Would it not make sense to show one of the quarter-finals?:rolleyes:

Jorn
Oct 7th, 2011, 02:08 PM
They has just showned Ana-Aga match.

And Caro's match today :facepalm:

veryborednow
Oct 12th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Why on earth are Foretz Gacon and Mayr-Achletsomething on British Eurosport?

Who are these people? Surely there's someone vaguely better known playing at the moment?

Patrick345
Oct 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Why on earth are Foretz Gacon and Mayr-Achletsomething on British Eurosport?

Who are these people? Surely there's someone vaguely better known playing at the moment?

Maybe, but there is nobody more fully Austrian. :lol:

veryborednow
Oct 12th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Maybe, but there is nobody more fully Austrian. :lol:
The whole of bloody Austria better be watching this match then, cos the rest of Europe isn't.

killerqueen
Jan 17th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Had to resurect this thread to have a moan about the British Eurosport presenter. I have no problem when presenter's get some of the more obsure players names wrong. I'd be stumped if you asked me the correct pronunciation of Çağla Büyükakçay.

But when the presenter time and time again calls Sabine Lisicki what sounds like "Ludsitski" I have a serious gripe. She's top 20 in the world and a Wimbledon semi-finalist, so it's not like she's some new girl bursting onto the scene! It's not like it's even difficult to say, but where on earth do you get "Ludsitski"? Graaaaar!

V-MAC
Jan 17th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Bad form on Eurosport for giving the misogynistic/homophobic idiot from the ATP tour his own little special segment on Game Set and Mats:o

edificio
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Bad form on Eurosport for giving the misogynistic/homophobic idiot from the ATP tour his own little special segment on Game Set and Mats:o

Who was the "idiot"? I missed it.

Love-seles
Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
They keep ruining matches with a really bad retarded split screen. interuptions with player interviews. the recent one with Nadal was insane. that was a long ass interview during the 2nd set of Kim's match. those idiots could have waited until the 2nd set was over with. and they should have. pointless crap like this drives me nuts with this channel. and don't get me started on the commentators. all of them come off as spoiled rich elistist jerks. just 2 comments about 3 of them. most seem to like Mary joe fernandez. but not me. everything about this woman is fake to me. right down to her laugh. she's so bias when it comes to the american players. very unproffessional. and Drysdale has turned into such a whiner. if 2 players are not playing perfect tennis his criticism is just ridiculous. he used to be a pretty good commentator. he's terrible now. its time for him to retire. and do all this whining at his tv at home so we don't have to hear it. and what is up with Evert? since her facelift she has had a bug up her ass. she has turned into such a annoying elitist ****. i used to like Evert. i can't stand her now. thankgod she's not being used as a commentator for all the ladies matches. i can't stand any of them. but Evert to me is the worst. can hardly shut up during play. and says really dumb things. i thought she would be a pretty solid commentator. but she's bloody awful. im sure its different for those who watch tennis in places like the UK and Australia who get Evert. in those countries Evert shuts her trap during play i bet. but here in the USA she's nothing but a blabber mouth.:D

AjdeNate!
Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
I guess you could watch something else? :shrug:

centipede
Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:46 AM
The thing I hate most is how they'll show an american playing some scrub on some court in the middle of nowhere while a woman grandslam champion is playing. -.-

Vartan
ESPN3.com

edificio
ESPN3.com

It is so much better than watching ESPN2.

duhcity
Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Reading posts without spaces and punctuation is torture.

Mistress of Evil
Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
This is 323423423482394829038908 thread, this particular poster has opened to whine about coverage, commentators :weirdo:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
This is 323423423482394829038908 thread, this particular poster has opened to whine about coverage, commentators :weirdo:

No, it was cos everyone were making new threads everytime they wanted to complain about TV coverage etc.
They got same thing at MTF and i got it from there :wavey:

V-MAC
Jan 22nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Who was the "idiot"? I missed it.

Janko

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 23rd, 2012, 03:41 AM
WTF is ESPN's deal with interrupting matches for live interviews?!!! :fiery:
They did it yesterday during Kim-Li's match to hear Nadal ramble on and now they're doing it during Serena's match!

edificio
Jan 23rd, 2012, 03:42 AM
Janko

Ew.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Fuck off Eurosport
not only they missed half the 1st set they also got Andrew Castle :rolleyes:

cant someone give him a bungee jump and cut the rope

Siderophyre
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Fuck off Eurosport
not only they missed half the 1st set they also got Andrew Castle :rolleyes:

cant someone give him a bungee jump and cut the rope

Castle is a clueless twat.

doujyr
Mar 10th, 2012, 01:49 PM
can't see any listed anywhere for today (Saturday)

this is beyond a joke now :mad::fiery:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Only ATP today on TV
ES tmrw

Excelscior
Mar 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Tennis Channel, will be covering it all day today in America on Sat. So you may be able to pick up a stray internet stream somewhere.

But I understand you Euro's, will have to wait for Eurosport's broadcast Sunday?

The Kaz
Mar 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I think fromsport.com will have a stream ;)

LindsayRulz
Mar 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM

They only have ATP links though. :(

Excelscior
Mar 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
If they have the mens matches, they should have the women's matches. Because the cameras will be there. And Tennis channel will be broadcasting all day today from center court.

There are actual women playing today (Sharapova, Woz) on Center Court. Lol. I know some people were upset about that yesterday or the day before.

GoofyDuck
Mar 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM
eurosport starts sunday, they only do almost only WTA matches :)

doujyr
Mar 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM
If they have the mens matches, they should have the women's matches. Because the cameras will be there.

that does not necessarily follow. :sad: maybe you could let us know later on if you're getting pics of the wta matches.

s teddy
Mar 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
The TV schedule (http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/TV/2012-TV-Schedule.aspx) implies that the WTA matches will be televised in the United States. I guess we'll find out if that's true in about four hours.

Rex59
Mar 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
The 'Hunt is only streaming men's matches over the next two days. They usually are pretty accurate, but sometimes the grid is modified to provide additional coverage. Hopefully, the ladies get some air. Otherwise.......

http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html

C. Drone
Mar 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
how do you know Tennis Channel would show anything WTA on saturday?
Eurosport only shows WTA but other channels has ATP coverage on saturday in Europe too.

fromsport, LShunter and such sites dont own anything nor legal. If there is no official stream or TV channel showing the matches, they wont either.

Excelscior
Mar 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM
how do you know Tennis Channel would show anything WTA on saturday?
Eurosport only shows WTA but other channels has ATP coverage on saturday in Europe too.

fromsport, LShunter and such sites dont own anything nor legal. If there is no official stream or TV channel showing the matches, they wont either.

Tennis Channel usually shows both ATP and WTA at the big tournaments (though I've bickered with their match broadcast choices in the past).

If they're only showing what's on Center Court, then they should definitely show the women. Because they'll be on the air from 2pm-3am, NYC, EST, US time.

Unfortunately, since we can't see any potential matches on Livescorehunter.com's sight now for this event. We don't know how many camera's will be on the different courts? But I can't see TC having 9-12 hrs of coverage, and not showing any women at all. Plus they haven't promoted Indian Wells as an ATP event. They have promoted both the women and the men recently.

And if it's just Center Court matches, then they will have to show women, cause several are scheduled today.

So I guess we'll see?

But if they do show the women, then you guys should be able to pick up some stray streams (from somewhere/somebody), I'm assuming?

C. Drone
Mar 10th, 2012, 04:16 PM
^ the 3 Stadium courts definitely have cameras.

jameshazza
Mar 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM
The shit thing is that it'll be about 1AM at the earliest here when I find out whether or not there's gonna be a womens' stream. Whatever they think of WTA Tennis Channel I'm sure will have Masha's match on at least if they are doing the full day schedule. The only other decent match that could clash with it is Ryan Harrison vs Viktor Troicki. But Harrison is American so...

Break My Rapture
Mar 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM
And WHY does ATP coverage start a day earlier? :lol:

20l6
Mar 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM
some correspondents said that atp matches will be televised from 2nd round,wta from 3rd round.
I found highlights of some matches broadcasted on news tv while complete coverage not available.One example is vika playing safarova on madrid 2011,other 3 QFs were all televised.

doujyr
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:04 PM
The TV schedule (http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/TV/2012-TV-Schedule.aspx) implies that the WTA matches will be televised in the United States. I guess we'll find out if that's true in about four hours.

looks that way, i really hope so, and hope there'll be some streams online :bounce:

tennisfan146
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
What is up with these American tournaments? They are all Premier level events and first few rounds are never televised. It's really pathetic considering that smaller International tournaments have TV coverage right from beginning. It's not like they couldn't afford it or anything. Putting up a camera shouldn't be too hard or expensive.

Jimmie48
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM
What is up with these American tournaments? They are all Premier level events and first few rounds are never televised. It's really pathetic considering that smaller International tournaments have TV coverage right from beginning. It's not like they couldn't afford it or anything. Putting up a camera shouldn't be too hard or expensive.

This, I can't believe the WTA is allowing this and not more people/journalists are talking about it... it's such a joke, every European Premier has vastly superior coverage.

Jane Lane
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM
:facepalm: This time last year I still had Tennis Channel :sobbing:

Novichok
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:33 PM
:facepalm: This time last year I still had Tennis Channel :sobbing:

:awww: :awww: :awww:

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I will only have coverage for Round 3 onwards.:o

dsanders06
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I mean, I can understand that ESPN or whoever the host broadcasters are don't want to broadcast the whole fortnight - but what I don't get is why can't the WTA and tournament just stream the first couple of days' play for free on their website(s)? It's not like they would lose any money from doing that compared to now when they don't get any money by not letting anyone see it anyway... :confused:

Excelscior
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM
The shit thing is that it'll be about 1AM at the earliest here when I find out whether or not there's gonna be a womens' stream. Whatever they think of WTA Tennis Channel I'm sure will have Masha's match on at least if they are doing the full day schedule. The only other decent match that could clash with it is Ryan Harrison vs Viktor Troicki. But Harrison is American so...

I'm sure Tennis Channel, will show the Wozniaki vs Makarova match, just for the the train wreck/car accident effect alone(in case she loses).

They might as well continue the soap Opera, they help started.

Oh. I forgot. ESPN 3 (I think ESPN, ultimately owns the broadcast rights for this tournament anyway), will be showing today's coverage as well. So you guys might be able to pick up that bootleg/stray stream (though ESPN web broadcast may be encrypted, unless they license out the signal to a European broadcaster, that you guys can poach online).

We'll see? But their schedule just says, "second round coverage, 2pm", with no ATP/WTA distinction.

It will be interesting to see how their coverage may differ from TC's (since ESPN 3 will be on simultaneously, sans on air broadcast)?

Usually when ESPN is broadcasting on the air/cable, the Tennis Channel usually get's the second tier matches or the previous days ones.

ESPN is too busy showing college basketball right now (despite their numerous channels) right. They won't get around to broadcasting Indian Wells on air, till the semi-final rds (if I remember correctly)? So they let tennis channel do it (for cable), and ESPN 3, here in America, online. Luckily; I have both.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 10th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Twelve hrs of coverage starts on The Tennis Channel in 7 minutes :woohoo:

Excelscior
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:04 PM
As I thought.

TC said they will be showing the Wozniaki and Sharapova match, amongst their admittingly American themed coverage today.

I didn't hear what ESPN 3 had to say yet, but they looked like they were going to show the Isner match, as TC is going to do now.

PetraReeMona
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
As I thought.

TC said they will be showing the Wozniaki and Sharapova match, amongst their admittingly American themed coverage today.

I didn't hear what ESPN 3 had to say yet, but they looked like they were going to show the Isner match, as TC is going to do now.
Any idea what time it is?

TC don't stream their matches - it's usually BET365 that streams..... I think :shrug:

Madoka
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
so ? WTA is broadcasted or not ?

Spice
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
EMAIL THE WTA! and tell them! Amy Binder abinder@wta.com

Spice
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I have!

doujyr
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:27 PM
it's too late to do anything about IW this year, but if everyone tweets @SEOpen and retweets each other just to let Miami know what we think about the lack of coverage there too.

Spice
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Email the WTA! Directly

doujyr
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:30 PM
a twitter storm could be more effective and embarrassing for them

Spice
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:31 PM
do you think they will look!

Jane Lane
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Why do I have this feeling you're talking to yourself....

doujyr
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Why do I have this feeling you're talking to yourself....

because you jump to erroneous conclusions based on nothing but your imagination?