PDA

View Full Version : BBC/Eurosport/Sky Sports/ESPN/TTC- Etc - Coverage, Moan Thread !!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Gdsimmons
Apr 16th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know of Rome or Madrid will be on ESPN2?? Or is that Tennis Channel??

Uranium
Apr 16th, 2010, 05:01 PM
TTC. ESPN hasn't shown Rome in years.

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 16th, 2010, 05:08 PM
JJ - Dani on ES now.:dance:

Just Do It
Apr 16th, 2010, 05:34 PM
ES :weirdo: Blackout !? WTF ??

sammy01
Apr 16th, 2010, 05:39 PM
funnily enough im pretty sure this has happened at charleston before, i think they had a fire once and lost power.

ghost world
Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:17 PM
Oh man, this is the worst coverage ever!

$uricate
Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
I never saw this thread.

I made a whole new one to moan :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Sport1 sucks.:o Sooooo bad! It's about time Eurosport gets the rights for Wimbledon as well!:o

Gdsimmons
Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:24 PM
I dont like this every 2 hour thing on ESPN2. I still for life of me can't figure out why TTC is like an add on channel. Golf has an ENTIRE channel and it comes with regular cable. Even MLB has one

raquel
Jun 22nd, 2010, 11:31 PM
Not a moan this time, but liking Lindsay Davenport's commentary on the BBC. She's insightful as well as light hearted and chatty. Glad the BBC managed to get her for some matches this year and hope she keeps commentating in the future as she is a natural IMO :)

sammy01
Jun 22nd, 2010, 11:40 PM
davenport looked the best i've ever seen her on today at wimbledon. just a shame she was next to becker and john inverdale :help:

Corswandt
Jun 22nd, 2010, 11:58 PM
In Germany the European championships of women's football has much better TV ratings than tennis and for Eurosport Germany is one of the most important market that's why they show so much women's football.

I've also heard this about people in funny hats skiing winter sports and other such crap.

Is there anything that doesn't get much better ratings than tennis in Germany?

Ryan
Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:43 AM
I think we got BBC coverage today in Canada. :o Weird, but I like it. I dont want to see the ESPN talking heads for 8 hours. Lindsay was great, and even the ones people complain about here I found enjoyable. I really like Jo Durie. :o

ghost world
Jun 23rd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Oh snap, I have ESPNU. :o :lol: :help:

ghost world
Jun 24th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Oh man, they've cut away from live tennis to talk about the effing Queen with Federer.

ugh!

doujyr
Jun 24th, 2010, 01:12 PM
What has particularly annoyed me this year is that I have been banned from subscribing to the feeds on the Wimbledon website, presumably because of the BBC objecting as it quotes "broadcaster's rights" as the reason.

Now if the BBC are going to ban people in the UK from subscribing to the multi-court feed they should show all those courts themselves. Have they? Like fuck. So it's removed my freedom of choice.

Can anyone from outside the UK who has subscribed post on here which courts they've been able to see? Most of them, I'd guess.

Meelis
Jun 24th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Can anyone from outside the UK who has subscribed post on here which courts they've been able to see? Most of them, I'd guess.

Centre, 1, 2, 5, 12 and 18

doujyr
Jun 24th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Really! Is that all? I'm very surprised. There's been tv on many of the other courts.

J.Bravo
Jun 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Why are they still discussing this Marathon match when there's tennis going on?
ESPN makes me sick!

ghost world
Jun 24th, 2010, 02:44 PM
They've shown more Hannah Storm than actual tennis play. :lol: :help: :o

saul1333
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:08 PM
ESPN replaying a match that just ended :lol:

allrounder
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Why are the BBC site still only showing feeds from the show courts which they feel like? :mad: CC, 1, 2, 5, 12 and 18 are supposed to be the televised ones and yet i've seen so many times not all of them have been available to watch on the BBC site when matches are taking place on them.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM
BBCi not covering womens singles

got all mens on and one option they got Bryan twats on :rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2010, 04:47 PM
whats the big deal with covering Court 17 today :rolleyes:
they havent done that all week

no Daniela match
now no Sveta vs Nastya :o

AdeyC
Jun 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM
whats the big deal with covering Court 17 today :rolleyes:
they havent done that all week

no Daniela match
now no Sveta vs Nastya :o

Kuznetsova's match is currently on the red button (assuming you're watching on BBC tv)

spokenword73
Jun 24th, 2010, 06:07 PM
They've shown more Hannah Storm than actual tennis play. :lol: :help: :o

ESPN's newest pain: Hannah Storm. She sounds like a smart alecky kindergarten teacher:confused:

Where did they dig her up from?

Gigi on Radio Wimbledon is the best

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Kuznetsova's match is currently on the red button (assuming you're watching on BBC tv)

been watching it but it would have been better from start instead of those two twats

jefrilibra
Jun 24th, 2010, 06:34 PM
BBC 2 was showing the TB from Querrey/Dodig match and suddenly a pic of Maria Sharapova appeared on the screen looking down at her nails. :rolls:

allrounder
Jun 24th, 2010, 06:43 PM
The sound is only about 3 minutes out of sync in the BBC Serena/Chak match :help:

swissmr
Jun 24th, 2010, 06:46 PM
The sound is only about 3 minutes out of sync in the BBC Serena/Chak match :help:

I think its from a different court :help:

allrounder
Jun 24th, 2010, 06:48 PM
It is :o they don't seem in a rush to fix it either

The Witch-king
Jun 24th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Atleast you are watching it.

allrounder
Jun 24th, 2010, 07:15 PM
After about half an hour we finally have sound :worship:

Corswandt
Jun 24th, 2010, 10:30 PM
The coverage I got today on SportTV3: Murray (FFWD), then a few games of Pushniacki (ZZZZZZ), then the Greatest Match of All Time (FFWD), then an interruption for Carlos Queiroz' presser (which was actually welcome, but FFWD), then Nadal (FFWD).

xan
Jun 24th, 2010, 10:53 PM
BBC favoured the Tsonga match over Maria on terrestrial. I only saw 2/3 of the last set.

Ryan
Jun 24th, 2010, 11:41 PM
So weird that we went back to ESPN coverage today - make up your mind TSN!

So much less tennis with American coverage, they really do just love to hear themselves talk. :o And they cant even talk while showing tennis! Show a damn match and babble over it, but I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU.

MBM
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:28 AM
BBC online has every televised court. For the first time EVER, I'm not complaining

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 25th, 2010, 03:15 AM
yeah but online stops working every now and again.......... :o

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I'm fairly sure the dude commentating on Petrova/Henin for the BBC just said "Henin - the only active player to have reached all four GS finals." Er, HELLO?! Ever heard of Venus and Serena Williams?!

(Did I hear wrong???)

John.
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I'm fairly sure the dude commentating on Petrova/Henin for the BBC just said "Henin - the only active player to have reached all four GS finals." Er, HELLO?! Ever heard of Venus and Serena Williams?!

(Did I hear wrong???)

Nope - He actually said that :o

VishaalMaria
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:23 PM

(Did I hear wrong???)

No you didn't. I heard that as well.

He also said before, that he agrees with what BJK said, that pound for pound Justine is the best of her generation.

Seems in his little world the likes of Serena and Venus don't exist.

brickhousesupporter
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Why is hannah storm and pat mcenroe having a conversation in the studios when tennis is going on? Is there a way to complain?

In The Zone
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
^^ Agreed.

ESPN really dropping the ball right now not showing Henin/Petrova. Good thing for DirecTV.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
A (fairly) routine Federer match has been picked over the Battle of Belgium which has been demoted to the red button :o

watchdogfish
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:00 PM
What's with all this changing back and forth between BBC1 and 2? :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Six-love-Six with Super-Brat McEnroe on soon (8 mins), its on Red Button or Radio 5 live.
Mc taking calls
better not be a Haggis love-in

for people not in UK http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/

chuvack
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:17 PM
In yesterday's loss vs Hantuchova, Dinara Safina shinks an awful-looking backhand into the net, turns around and shrieks at the top her lungs: "POOOOOOO-TAAAAA!!!"

British Eurosport commentator:

"Well, I suppose it's good thing that my knowledge of Russian isn't very extensive."

Umberella
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:19 PM
...Is it bad that i dont get it? :S

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:21 PM
I heard that she said that! But I wasn't sure if it was PUTA(in spanish) or POTA (In russian which I don't have a clue what it is lol).

Beat
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:22 PM
:lol:

i have another gem from one of the universally appalling german eurosport commentators: i watched schiavone's recent match against wozniacki, and the commentator kept calling her shiavone. i mean, it's not that difficult a name, and you're supposed to be an expert!?

Serenita
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:39 PM
In yesterday's loss vs Hantuchova, Dinara Safina shinks an awful-looking backhand into the net, turns around and shrieks at the top her lungs: "POOOOOOO-TAAAAA!!!"

"Well, I suppose it's good thing that my knowledge of Russian isn't very extensive."

Didnt hear the commentator, but heard Din Din scream PUTA. :lol:

The Witch-king
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:42 PM

...Is it bad that i dont get it? :S

LMAO. Errr... are commentators obliged to know which swear words belong to which language??

Slutiana
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:50 PM
That's a bad example.

But Virginia Wade spent the whole match speaking about Dinara's inside-out forehand being her biggest strength. She also kept on calling Petrova's forehand her best shot last week. And at Wimbledon last year she constantly spoke about how aggressive and powerful Wozniacki is.

chuvack
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:52 PM
LMAO. Errr... are commentators obliged to know which swear words belong to which language??

Dude, ANY European who has EVER spent any time around the pro tennis tour knows what PUTA is. If you work in the tennis world, there are certain things about the international culture that you just know.

The point is that the commentators are supposed to be professionals, but they actually know much less than many of the people posting on this board...

Slutiana
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:54 PM
Dude, ANY European who has EVER spent any time around the pro tennis tour knows what PUTA is. If you work in the tennis world, there are certain things about the international culture that you just know.

The point is that the commentators are supposed to be professionals, but they actually know much less than many of the people posting on this board...
Most British people don't know that. Hell, I learnt the meaning of 'Puta' from this forum. :shrug:

Umberella
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:59 PM
What does puta mean?

AdeyC
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:00 PM
That's a bad example.

But Virginia Wade spent the whole match speaking about Dinara's inside-out forehand being her biggest strength. She also kept on calling Petrova's forehand her best shot last week. And at Wimbledon last year she constantly spoke about how aggressive and powerful Wozniacki is.

Bloody useless that woman, what does she know - she's only won one Wimbledon and one US Open, doesn't know what she's talking about. :rolleyes:

young_gunner913
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:03 PM
What does puta mean?

In Spainish it means whore or bitch.

stangtennis
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:04 PM
I don't get it, what's the point of this topic?
Who the hell cares and knows what different tennis players are swearing in 50 different languages. You can tell if they are upset and the swear word they actually chose shout doesn't really make any difference.

Not knowing what she shouted doesn't make them any better or worse tennis commentators really.

Varelia
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:06 PM

They showed Jarmila Groth 3 times in a row during a match on Eurosport last week and commentator Kristie Boogert (former WTA player)didn't have a clue who it was.

Slutati
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:07 PM
Piruja :rolleyes:

Hachiko
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:23 PM
What?

I actually cannot fault the commentary on British Eurosport. They all know their stuff.

Chris Bradnam, Jo Durie, Sam Smith. :worship: Quite literally the best commentators out there.

scoobz
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:32 PM
What really is annoying is that she doesn't get any obscenity warning for doing that, none of the others who swear in other languages do either.

You can bet though that if she's screamed out BIIIIIIITCH she'd have had something said to her.

TennisFan66
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:58 PM
What?

I actually cannot fault the commentary on British Eurosport. They all know their stuff.

Chris Bradnam, Jo Durie, Sam Smith. :worship: Quite literally the best commentators out there.

This :yeah:

Olórin
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:01 PM

Further proof that you're an idiot.

doktor
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:03 PM
Sam Smith is love.

eck
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:05 PM
When you hear other commentators, you'd be begging you had Sam Smith/Jo Durie comment everything :sobbing:

chuvack
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Further proof that you're an idiot.

You are a big fat puta.

chuvack
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:09 PM
What?

It wasn't any of those. It was some guy who sounds like a bit of a dirty old man.

eck
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:15 PM
Fred Stolle? :lol:

Nothing is as bad as that man on Tennis Channel (?)

a. He loves Kim. He calls her Kimmy :rolleyes:
b. He got Greta Arn's match profile wrong.
c. He said the winner of Kim-Greta will face either Shahar Peer or Alex Wozniak. :help:

TennisFan66
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:19 PM
It wasn't any of those. It was some guy who sounds like a bit of a dirty old man.

Then perhaps you should have specified that, before lashing out at ES commentators? .. As another poster already commented, you'll be hard pressed to find ANY commentator more knowledgable about WTA players than Jo and Sam.

Brena
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:21 PM
If you think the British commentators are bad you've obviously never heard the Serbian ones (fortunately for you). :help:

The Witch-king
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:34 PM

This is silly. They are there to commentate on the tennis you can't fault them for not knowing what swear words are what. Surely you can find worse examples of their incompetence?

miffedmax
Aug 31st, 2010, 02:34 PM
I am convinced that there are two jobs in sports that do not actually require you to know anything about the sport they supposedly involve.

Tennis commentator/columnist is second on the list.

First on list, of course, is Major League Soccer official.

Libertango
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Fail thread.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Why do Sky Sports insist on using American commentators on 2 of their interactive buttons :o

they got a team of 7-8 there, use them :o

stangtennis
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:43 PM
c. He said the winner of Kim-Greta will face either Shahar Peer or Alex Wozniak. :help:
In his defence, I guess you can easy mix up S. Peers with S. Peer when you glance the drawsheet.

Sammo
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM
Ewwwww... this should be about Safina calling whore Hantuchova not about the british commentators :rolleyes:

Drake1980
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:57 PM
:eek:

edificio
Sep 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM
I don't see why the commentators need comment on such swearing unless it is in their language and they want to apologize to viewers.

Also, I think it is possible Dinara was calling herself a name--this term may not be worse than calling yourself "chicken" though.

serenus_2k8
Sep 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
Maybe they're too classy to go round learning how to swear in different dialects.

Personally I have heard of putard in French but I wouldnt associate that I dont think.

Rocketta
Sep 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM
us Williams fans have to be stuck with Mary Carillo?d I just don't get it. Instead commending Venus for upping her game and winning the first set against an opponent who was playing well..... Mary says, "Venus was lucky to win the first set." Also she wishes the opponent of the American holds serve so she can force Venus to serve because Venus struggles to close out matches, ie maybe she can come back in the match...

anyway, just had to get that off my chest can't curse at the TV as the hubby is trying to sleep. :lol:

tennisbum79
Sep 1st, 2010, 09:15 PM
I heard that too.
But nothing coeming Mary Carillo surprises me anymore.

She openly favors Italian players over American players when they meet.

Rocketta
Sep 1st, 2010, 09:21 PM
Mods thanks for finding this thread! :hatoff:

spokenword73
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:22 PM
Mary Carillo really made a dang fool of herself this time. During Venus' match she was talking about the Sprilea match when "the big turkey" bumped Venus. Only Mary Carrillo said it was Karolina Sprem!

Get rid of her, she is getting senile!!!:o

Edinboro
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
Mary is staying, Pam is staying, McEnroe is staying. Get over it. Do we really need to analyze everything wrong that is said by the ESPN crew every slam?

sammy01
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:34 PM
some people are so obsessed over these commentators and any minor detail they say. i mean they fill hours upon hours of air time, they are going to make mistakes and say things u disagree with.

Geertvg
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:36 PM
I heard some guy say Oudin had a weapon. WHAAAAA?

Serenita
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:40 PM
Mary Carillo really made a dang fool of herself this time. During Venus' match she was talking about the Sprilea match when "the big turkey" bumped Venus. Only Mary Carrillo said it was Karolina Sprem!

Get rid of her, she is getting senile!!!:o

I heard some guy say Oudin had a weapon. WHAAAAA?

Shitrillo is at again.

ghost world
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:47 PM
Mary is staying, Pam is staying, McEnroe is staying. Get over it. Do we really need to analyze everything wrong that is said by the ESPN crew every slam?

:devil: Yes, we do.

Serenus Christ
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZDn0U0w78k

iGOAT
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:49 PM
They've hired Carillo :hysteric: we used to get a break from her until the weekend on CBS :fiery:.

aisha
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:53 PM
A thread like this should have the staying power of the Serena? thread. :yeah:

Rocketta
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:56 PM
We have in another thread.... It's just ridiculous... I don't know why they torture Williams fans with her... :sobbing:

aisha
Sep 1st, 2010, 11:03 PM
Yeah, that Mary is a piece of...... work. :hehehe:

hellas719
Sep 1st, 2010, 11:18 PM
Pam Shriver has never heard of Mandy Minella :o
Is she really a tennis expert? :tape:

And during the US Open series they gave Uzbekistan no respect, saying in Cincy that Akgul was from Ukraine and that Istomin was from Ukraine in New Haven :help:. Also, they can't pronnounce "Cypriot" correctly :lol:

Serena y Monica
Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:53 AM
I just thank God for Direct Tv...@ least I get a week repreive. I don't even turn to network coverage until Open Network Coverage is over.

The Witch-king
Sep 2nd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Pam Shriver has never heard of Mandy Minella :o
Is she really a tennis expert? :tape:

Pam and the gang say they haven't heard of lower ranked players A LOT. It's funny because the're professional tennis commentators yet they know fewer players than most people on this forum.

AdeyC
Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Pam and the gang say they haven't heard of lower ranked players A LOT. It's funny because the're professional tennis commentators yet they know fewer players than most people on this forum.

Yes but to be fair - I am guessing commentators know more than 99% of the viewing public. People in here are great fans so they are bound to know more about lower ranked players. Lower ranked players rarely play on main courts that commentators commentate on, whilst doing their work the lower ranked players are playing on outside courts, so they're often not likely to know of some of them.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:01 PM
Yes but to be fair - I am guessing commentators know more than 99% of the viewing public. People in here are great fans so they are bound to know more about lower ranked players. Lower ranked players rarely play on main courts that commentators commentate on, whilst doing their work the lower ranked players are playing on outside courts, so they're often not likely to know of some of them.

no as a PROFESSIONAL in a sport that you are commentating on, even if you don't know them BEFORE a match, you're supposed to do your research instead of giving out false info about a player

juki
Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:13 PM

This is actually quite a big deal I think. It gives the impression that if the tennis experts/professionals don't care about the tour outside of top-20 and outside of slams then why should the general public? Really bad for the tour.

Rocketta
Sep 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
LOL, @ Martina N. asking Bea Capra a question essentially about herself (Martina) :lol:

brickhousesupporter
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
LOL, @ Martina N. asking Bea Capra a question essentially about herself (Martina) :lol:
What happened?

BournemouthBoy
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
sky sports in England went to a commercial break during the Schnyder match tie break, i almost selfcombustulated

Vamos Feńa
Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
ok, so I couldn't find a thread about mistakes made by commentators (aka commentarists) but ours just described Lucic as "interesting young gunner" :o:o really!?

sweetpeas
Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:44 PM
Mary jo, look's pregnant to me,her skin just glowing all of the place.She looks so pretty.

Rocketta
Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
What happened?

She asked her did the Billy Jean King event help her for this match but when Capra answered she mentioned that Martina was one of the people involved in the event... so basically she was asking about her influence... :lol:

Rocketta
Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:58 PM
BTW, why are TTC and ESPN showing the same match. :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Why Why Why are they going to torture me with Carillo doing a Sharapova match... I think I might prefer Ted "Wimbledon at 17" Robinson... :sobbing:

aisha
Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:45 PM
^

As long as they keep her off the Venus "Fucking Lucky" Williams matches, I can deal. :shrug:

tennisbum79
Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:48 PM
BTW, why are TTC and ESPN showing the same match. :rolleyes:
I have been wondering the same thing.
We are still in the first week, there are plenty of matches available.

ghost world
Sep 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
WTF, ESPN?

They show more people talking than actually playing tennis. :o :lol: :help:

Hurley
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I didn't know Capra defeated "a seeded player, Agnes Szavay" in the last round.

Oh wait -- she didn't.

Hurley
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:26 PM
This can be moved into a general "commentators suck" thread if there is one.

Aaaa.

BlameSerena
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:28 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/Elisser/some%20stuff/flaminghotred2004_31-1.gif

Infiniti2001
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM
<picky picky>

LoveFifteen
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:30 PM
He is the WORST, and I believe this is a sentiment that can unite all of us despite our cultural, political, and religious differences. Step to this.

Hurley
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't have said anything if this wasn't the nine billionth error he's made over my 30 years of watching sports.

BlameSerena
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
What? Dicky is GOAT Commentator.

:rolls:

jefrilibra
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:33 PM
This prune needs to go.

saul1333
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
CBS coverage would be nothing without Dick :cool: its like a tradition..

BlameSerena
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Carillo can't believe Masha doesn't know anything about Capra cause Masha is a real pro. :rolleyes:
Why won't she believe Masha doesn't know this girl? It doesn't take anything away from her.
So does she believe players who don't scout the unknowns are not pros?

Hurley
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Some traditions, like fruitcakes at Christmas or institutionalized racism in the South, need to be put out of their misery.

Also...you know what? This is NOT picky at all. If you are commentating on a sport, I expect you to know the difference between two of its athletes, especially when both are within the world's forty best practitioners. And if you don't, you should be FIRED. The end.

Donny
Sep 4th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Meh. He does Jets coverage pretty good.

edificio
Sep 4th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Carillo can't believe Masha doesn't know anything about Capra cause Masha is a real pro. :rolleyes:
Why won't she believe Masha doesn't know this girl? It doesn't take anything away from her.
So does she believe players who don't scout the unknowns are not pros?

Quit trying to apply logic to a Carillo thought process. ;)

edificio
Sep 4th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Dick, Ted, and Mary all need fired. :)

BlameSerena
Sep 4th, 2010, 06:21 PM
:lol: oops

Bijoux0021
Sep 4th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Oh my!

is1531
Sep 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM
All these prime time matches that were shown at night on the east coast with players like Sharapova, Clijsters and Push Wozniacki were awful to watch. Thank goodness I decided to shut the tv off when I saw some of the WTA prime time matches between Monday-Friday. In fact,i'm glad I was not a sucker and pay for those matches.

Timariot
Sep 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Who is the fucking idiot directing the US Open transmission? I'm watching Clijsters-Ivanovic, or I would be if the match wasn't fucking unwatchable thanks to director almost constatly using eye-level camera view. YOU CANNOT FOLLOW A TENNIS MATCH FROM THAT CAMERA. Whilst cool to check out from time to time (like 1 or 2 times per set), you lose all perception of depth and angles and have no clue at all what is actually happening in the match. This is not an isolated incident, but seems to be common occurence at US Open. I'm reminded of old Chase Championships, great tournament, unwatchable due to idiotic camera angle. This suggests that there is either one person responsible from this travesty, or for whatever reason some US directors have been instructed to do this because it's "dramatic" or somesuch nonsense. Either way, some people who have no clue whatsoever about tennis are definitely involved and they NEED TO GO, NOW.

Ingokoer
Sep 5th, 2010, 04:56 PM
On Eurosport Germany the commentators always say, they would love to have this angle more shown than it is, because it better shows how fast the rallies are going on. Viewers would get a better feel for the incredible speed of the game and the running talent of many players.

MBM
Sep 5th, 2010, 05:01 PM
i love it from that angle... it really shows what the player nearest the camera is doing

Renalicious
Sep 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one who gets NOTHING out of that angle? I seriously HATE HATE HATE watching from that angle. Honestly I can't tell a good rally or a bad rally from that angle because I don't know where the ball is. :weirdo: It sucks when a good point happens and you can't see it from the normal view, because you can't even see HOW good the point is. Yes it happens A LOT at the USO unfortunately. :(

Lucemferre
Sep 5th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I HATE that angle too.

Ryan
Sep 5th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Am I the only one who gets NOTHING out of that angle? I seriously HATE HATE HATE watching from that angle. Honestly I can't tell a good rally or a bad rally from that angle because I don't know where the ball is. :weirdo: It sucks when a good point happens and you can't see it from the normal view, because you can't even see HOW good the point is. Yes it happens A LOT at the USO unfortunately. :(

Completely agree! It's always from the side too? So you have the corner of Ana's ass (normally enjoyable) but can't tell whats going on in the point. It useless 90% of the time.

ptkten
Sep 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I absolutely HATE CBS coverage because of the announcers. Dick's clueless but at least he's not offensive, and Mary and John are just the absolute worst commentators in the world. I had to watch on mute and on the US Open channel because I couldn't stand their commentary on all three of the Ashe matches.

First, with Ana, John is relentlessly negative as if he doesn't realize how far down she had fallen and the steps she's taking to get back. And the awful commentating during Venus' match goes without saying with Mary and John, I didn't even try with that one. I expect the negativity in the women's matches.

And then, the Nadal-Simon match particularly bothered me. John's complaining the whole time about how Simon doesn't show emotion, and how no one will like him if he doesn't show emotion. I'm sitting there thinking, not everyone wants their favorite players to act like an obnoxious prick like you did on the court.

I know a lot of people on here don't like ESPN, but if Mary and John aren't commentating, at least the majority of the announcers know what they're talking about and aren't bashing all of the players like CBS does unless their two favorites Nadal or Roddick are playing.

edificio
Sep 5th, 2010, 09:20 PM
First, with Ana, John is relentlessly negative as if he doesn't realize how far down she had fallen and the steps she's taking to get back. And the awful commentating during Venus' match goes without saying with Mary and John, I didn't even try with that one. I expect the negativity in the women's matches.

The stream commentary (from Tennis Channel or ITV Tennis with Virginia Wade) guy was perhaps the opposite about Ana, going on and on about how good she was for the game and how we all needed her to get back because people loooooove to come see her and because she was so.......(this took him forever to come up with) she's so.........likeable. I really thought he was going to say because she was so pretty. I really think he was going to. It was just utter fawning. If he went on about how she used to play and how good it would be to have her playing like that again is one thing, but to say she's valuable to the tour because she's likeable (pretty) is really ridiculous. But I had no idea that John was hypercritical during her matches. As for their commentary during V's match, I know it is just best for me to not listen.

russophile
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM
they don't show replay of the points like they used to. but i'm glad they show tennis in that angle that i like.

eck
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
The Australian onse aren't any better :hysteric:

So pro-Stosur it's crazy. :o

Svetlana)))
Sep 6th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I fucking hate Luke Jensen. He doesn't know when to shut up and is so dam annoying with his "conversations".

dany.p
Sep 6th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Who is the fucking idiot directing the US Open transmission? I'm watching Clijsters-Ivanovic, or I would be if the match wasn't fucking unwatchable thanks to director almost constatly using eye-level camera view. YOU CANNOT FOLLOW A TENNIS MATCH FROM THAT CAMERA. Whilst cool to check out from time to time (like 1 or 2 times per set), you lose all perception of depth and angles and have no clue at all what is actually happening in the match. This is not an isolated incident, but seems to be common occurence at US Open. I'm reminded of old Chase Championships, great tournament, unwatchable due to idiotic camera angle. This suggests that there is either one person responsible from this travesty, or for whatever reason some US directors have been instructed to do this because it's "dramatic" or somesuch nonsense. Either way, some people who have no clue whatsoever about tennis are definitely involved and they NEED TO GO, NOW.

I have to say, i really like this camera angle. Its basically the view of what the players see. more realistic. the traditional view just doesnt resemble tennis as accurately for me.

-jenks-
Sep 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I'm not getting any coverage of the US Open today because of a telethon on CBS :o

PhilePhile
Sep 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM
^ Continuous US Open coverage on CBS Seattle and Detroit until 5:30 pm EST.

Patrick345
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Seriously!!!

Mid-match they cut to an interview with Djokovic. Have they ever heard of TAPE? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

chavet
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Seriously!!!

Mid-match they cut to an interview with Djokovic. Have they ever heard of TAPE? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

100% agree, wtf :eek:

jefrilibra
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM
ES goes to Novak's studio interview during the long 1st game from Woz in the 2nd set! WTF???

gentenaire
I know!!! Seriously?!!

Umberella
i know right!! i love me some novak, but please, fuck off for now :)

jefrilibra
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:14 PM
seriously wtf???

gentenaire
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM
and Barbara's voice is annoying! Bring back tennis!

Patrick345
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Now they could have stayed on air to see whether Novak will get his threesome. :tape::tape:

Apoleb
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Yes, but at the same time Nole is really hot. :lick:

pierce85
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:18 PM

He's trying too hard to be funny and cool but in vain

Apoleb
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM
He's trying too hard to be funny and cool but in vain

I really wasn't listening to what he was saying. :lol:

Young 8
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
What's the name of the other girl (not Barbara Schett) in the studio ???

Joana
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I couldn't believe it, I don't think they ever did it before. Americanization? :p

Patrick345
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I couldn't believe it, I don't think they ever did it before. Americanization? :p

They have done it a couple of times. Once for a Davydenko interview, no seriously Davydenko. Another time they had a two minute split screen of two tight set endings and as a result you couldn´t see sh*t on either court. :lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, that was pathetic. After the best game of the match :tape:

Umberella
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I really wasn't listening to what he was saying. :lol:

You're such a slut, i love it! :devil:

lestat111
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:28 PM

:lick: :drool:

edificio
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:33 PM

No. :help:

But he could win the whole thing.

edificio
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM

They interrupt matches to update on car racing results!

aisha
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Were the Fish puns necessary from the CBS crew? :o

edificio
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Were the Fish puns necessary from the CBS crew? :o

I'm gutted! Fish was filleted by Novak. There can be no carping about that.

Timariot
Sep 6th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Listened only bit of it and it got to my nerves. Okay, the guys surname is Fish, like that thing which lives in the water. WE GET IT. Move on...

aisha
Sep 7th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Cliffy! :o He told Vera to her face that she gets crazy on the court.

She gave him a "Bitch, I get what?" kind of look. I'm sorry, I loves me some Cliff Drysdale. He's old and doesn't give a damn. :rolls:

MarieC
Sep 7th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Brad Gilbert just asked Cliff "how's his relationship with his stick."

Seriously!

hellas719
Sep 8th, 2010, 04:24 AM
ESPN people are always talking about baseball :o

Serena y Monica
Sep 10th, 2010, 08:30 PM
quite during the 1st Semi...wonder if we'll be as lucky during this match.

darrinbaker00
Sep 10th, 2010, 09:27 PM
quite during the 1st Semi...wonder if we'll be as lucky during this match.
Quite what?

LoveFifteen
Sep 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Quite what?

Quite quiet. :lol:

Serenita
She's chatting her way into this set.:lol:

azinna
Indeed. Talking about the "clunky" quality of Venus' stroke production.

Gdsimmons
Sep 10th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I think it was CLEAR who Carillo was pulling for in that match.

Serenita
Sep 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I think it was CLEAR who Carillo was pulling for in that match.

JN
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:22 AM
If you're going to support American players. Why not support the ones who actually win grand slam titles!? They're the ones bringing glory to the country, they're the ones who help keep Americans interested in tennis and they're the ones who most young girls must look up to. I'm sure they may indirectly be helping USTA funding as well. Their must be a huge number of young girls and even some young boys ;) who are paying USTA coaches or paying to use USTA facilities who got into tennis because of the sisters, who train all the time thinking "I want to be like Venus and Serena".

It's no secret that the sisters aren't the biggest fans of the USTA but they have the class and composure to be civil about things and about people in public. They don't dredge up old issues with the press - the press do that instead. These commentators associated with the USTA are catty at times and they do dredge up old issues a lot. They do not behave as respectably as the Williams Sisters do. And to SharapovaFTW - You think they can say what they want because they are fans!? Most of them are sports writers, too. You know, journalists? They're supposed to be unbiased. I much prefer British commentators to American commentators because they are unbiased, they're not as catty and they don't rant about problems from the past as much.

Yeah, maybe some posters play the race card a lot but not everybody does. Venus and Serena don't. Despite the fact that they have obviously faced some prejudice and sexism, especially when they first came on the scene. I don't think they've faced much, if any, racism in the USTA but then again I wouldn't know for sure. I do think they've faced prejudice. The discrimination they have faced is the obvious and justifiable reason why they are kissing ass within the USTA. They've accomplished so much for America and have directly or indirectly helped the USTA but they haven't been given much thanks for it and they haven't had quite as much support to help them accomplish these things. Despite all that, they at least have the decency to smile and be civil even though others will rag on them while lauding lesser players in the name of "team" spirit and patriotism.

The sisters truly are a cut above anyone in the commentary box.

Hear, Hear!!

nevetssllim
Oct 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Who on earth is that smug-faced moron (no, not Anabel Croft) in the Eurosport studio?

He called Stosur 'a good ball-striker', followed by Zvonareva and Wozniacki are 'really the new kids on the block.' :tape:

Kworb
Oct 29th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Schett just asked Austin if she remembers why she decided to retire :tape:

Mary Cherry.
Oct 29th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Who on earth is that smug-faced moron (no, not Anabel Croft) in the Eurosport studio?

He called Stosur 'a good ball-striker', followed by Zvonareva and Wozniacki are 'really the new kids on the block.' :tape:

Didn't he say Stosur and Wozniacki had similar game styles the other day as well? :spit: He's awful.

I couldn't make out what their giggling fit was about just now, I missed the beginning

nevetssllim
Jan 16th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Commentators on British Eurosport 2 covering Schiavone vs. Parra Santonja

First commentator: I have a question. Which players have not won a Grand Slam but have reached world No.1?

Second commentator: Well, there's Caroline Wozniacki of course and...um, didn't Nadia Petrova reach No.1?

Err, no she most certainly didn't!

LightWarrior
Jan 16th, 2011, 11:45 PM
So tacky and taking too much room ! Why did they add the OA logo next to the score, for dumbasses ?

hingis-seles
Jan 16th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I hate it too.

Aravanecaravan
Jan 16th, 2011, 11:51 PM
MJF looks really tasty.

V's a star
Jan 17th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Mary talks to Dick like she would someones grandfather lol. "Yesss Dick" (good point). Meanwhile hes talking about things with absolutely nothing to do with tennis or the match... Like always! You either completely ignore what hes saying (Hard but sometimes achievable) or u drift off into wonderland of what hes rambling about missing a lot of the matches lol. So annoying.

Love-seles
Jan 18th, 2011, 11:53 PM
This jumping from court to court crap is so annoying! why on earth can't they just pick a few matches to stay with. and just
show highlights of other matches played? its no fun watching
tennis this way:fiery:

edificio
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I agree. I hate that.

Love-seles
Feb 18th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Its bad enough that these morons didn't show the first 2 qf's live when they had nothing else on except the taped shows they show 5x a day. now instead of showing the last 2 qf matches their going to switch to the 1st qf on tape while the 4th qf is going on live. in other words their not going to show the 4th qf! jesus i really hate this channel sometimes. this is so retarded!:fiery: they never explain why they do any of this crap. :confused:

Love-seles
Feb 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Their pretending they don't know the score of the 1st qf with Wozniacki while commentating live right now during the 3rd qf. these tc announcers just have no shame. flat out lying live on tv doesn't seem to mean squat any more. :fiery:i swear if i ever meet any of these lying clowns from tc in person im going to really let them have it! :(

duhcity
Feb 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I heard it picked up JJ/Stosur live, which is a step up :shrug:

And they probably believe their viewership is more interested in players other than Kleybs and Pennetta.
More pressing is when TV provides coverage of combined Men/Women tournaments, and only have the cameras on for the Men (MEMPHIS)

darrinbaker00
Feb 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Their pretending they don't know the score of the 1st qf with Wozniacki while commentating live right now during the 3rd qf. these tc announcers just have no shame. flat out lying live on tv doesn't seem to mean squat any more. :fiery:i swear if i ever meet any of these lying clowns from tc in person im going to really let them have it! :(

Does your mother know you're playing hooky from school today?

~CANUCK~
Feb 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Its bad enough that these morons didn't show the first 2 qf's live when they had nothing else on except the taped shows they show 5x a day. now instead of showing the last 2 qf matches their going to switch to the 1st qf on tape while the 4th qf is going on live. in other words their not going to show the 4th qf! jesus i really hate this channel sometimes. this is so retarded!:fiery: they never explain why they do any of this crap. :confused:

It's post like this that make me die a little on the inside. Do you know how much Women's tennis I've seen on TV since AO, none. The next match I will probably get to see is the semis of IW. I really hate it when people come on here and bitch and complain that they only got to see 1 QF match of an event like they are so deprived of tennis. In Canada we get about 7 events a year for the Women (4 slams, IW & Miami only the later rounds and Rogers cup) The quebec city event is normally not even on TV unless you are in Quebec. So really the rest of the world doesn't want to listen to you whine about stuff like this. Do like the rest of us do and find a live stream of the match you want to watch.

Love-seles
Feb 18th, 2011, 03:36 PM
What was wrong with my post? do you work for the tennis channel?

thrust
Feb 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Does your mother know you're playing hooky from school today?

LOL!!

messing
Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Could someone tell me who the female commentator is at this Flavia-Jie match on Eurosport? :)

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
^ Jo Durie

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
noooooooo brain Castle is still here :help:

pesto
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
He really is tedious and uninformed.

Come back Chris Bradnam. (Almost) all is forgiven.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:15 PM
did Castle and Murray get formed by the same sperm ??
they both got about as much personality as a goldfish (sorry to the goldfish :awww: )

Mightymirza
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
One of the commentators yesterday said that Aga and Lucie play similar brand of tennis :tape: I mean WTF :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Castle lost his job on Breakfast Tv

He has nothing else to do
he should go on Eastenders, he'd blend in nicely

messing
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
^ Jo Durie
Thanks! :D I like her commentating along with Sam's. :yeah:

scoobz
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:31 PM
You have to love the Eurosport commentators, impeccable sense of timing.

"...but they all trust Kader Nouni so much...he simply doesn't make mistakes..."

:tape:

DownInAHole
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:34 PM
This seems like a good place to ask, what are the names of the two commentators on the Zvonareva/Jankovic match? One of them is a former ATP player.

scoobz
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I want to say Simon Reed and Chris Wilkinson but I may be wrong on one or both.

edificio
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:45 PM
This seems like a good place to ask, what are the names of the two commentators on the Zvonareva/Jankovic match? One of them is a former ATP player.

One of them is Robbie Koenig and another guy, if you are watching the same as I am.

scoobz
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Good point, I'm on Eurosport for my answer.

DownInAHole
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Oops, yeah, it would have been helpful if I had mentioned which channel I was watching. Actually I'm not sure. It's a stream. There's a logo in the upper right corner with +10 and some Arabic writing.

scoobz
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Give us some accents to work with :)

DownInAHole
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:56 PM
They are both Brits, I think. One of them might be Australian.

edificio
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I think that is al-Jazeera TV, and they are using Robbie Koenig (SAfrican, methinks, and another guy (I don't know his name, but he is older than Koenig). They work regularly together. (Sometimes a S. African accent can sound Australian.)

DownInAHole
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Here is the stream:

http://www.livescorehunter.com/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=39903&tv_id=397&tid=5188&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=207

scoobz
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah that's Jason Goodall and Robbie Koenig.

DownInAHole
Feb 25th, 2011, 05:04 PM

Thanks. :worship:

Certinfy
Feb 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Wow, haven't ever heard both of them ever commentate on a WTA match before :lol:

scoobz
Feb 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Wow, haven't ever heard both of them ever commentate on a WTA match before :lol:
Me neither before this week. They do a lot for tennistv.com on the men's side but not so much for the ladeez.

nevetssllim
May 22nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Rob Curling in the Eurosport studio;

'And Alize Cornet beat Renata Voracova from Portugal.' :rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
May 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
I rather wished RG started tomorrow
having it today is a right pain

got F1 on now and then its final Premier League games of season :fiery:

^ on Eurosport HD you dont get Rob Curling, Greg & Wade :devil:

Sean.
May 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Is anyone watching Sharapova/Garcia on British Eurosport 2?

The two commentators blatantly hate each other. They can barely keep it civil. It's hilarious! :lol:

Mary Cherry.
May 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Is anyone watching Sharapova/Garcia on British Eurosport 2?

The two commentators blatantly hate each other. They can barely keep it civil. It's hilarious! :lol:

Who's the one who made the joke about "solving a problem like Maria" :spit: I think they were commentating together on one of Radwanska's matches, he made another so-bad-it's-good sort of pun and the other commentator wasn't impressed then either. I love it though :lol:

Sean.
May 26th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Who's the one who made the joke about "solving a problem like Maria" :spit: I think they were commentating together on one of Radwanska's matches, he made another so-bad-it's-good sort of pun and the other commentator wasn't impressed then either. I love it though :lol:

No idea who he is. One of them might be Simon Reed though. :unsure:

The funniest one was when they were talking about Garcia's service motion. The 1st guy was calling it a 'nike swoosh position' or a 'trophy position' and asked what the other called it. The 2nd guy responded icily that it was just a service motion! :spit:

He also just compared Garcia's forehand to Henin's. :facepalm:

nevetssllim
May 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I think they were commentating on Verdasco/Malisse and he said they were 'both hitting the ball with gay abandon.' :tape: I don't think that phrase has been used in commentary since 1953.

Corswandt
May 26th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Since I don't have ES1 and couldn't watch live matches over the past couple of days apart from KvittyClayGOAT's early today, my RG spectator experience right now basically consists of FFWDing over DVRed chunks of men's tennis.

Mary Cherry.
May 27th, 2011, 06:34 PM
The ES commentators are more infatuated with the riots outside rather than Delpo v Nolé. Retarded, really.

edificio
May 27th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Doug Adler needs to be drawn-and-quartered for his droning commentary and stupid catchphrases.

Slammer7
May 27th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Doug Adler needs to be drawn-and-quartered for his droning commentary and stupid catchphrases.

Doug Adler is very hated. There is a reason he can't get a job working on an American network. Sadly the rest of the world and mainly men's tennis fans have to deal with his insipid nature.

Corswandt
May 27th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Since I don't have ES1 and couldn't watch live matches over the past couple of days apart from KvittyClayGOAT's early today, my RG spectator experience right now basically consists of FFWDing over DVRed chunks of men's tennis.

Make that three days in a row of this shit. + spoilers galore.

Sean.
May 28th, 2011, 09:52 AM
The commentators in Li/Cirstea are having a massive conversation about women & tattoos instead of commentating on the match. :facepalm:

On Li: 'A massive fan of Lady Gaga, and you can see that, she clearly wants to be different.' :unsure:

nevetssllim
May 28th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Can I ask, why did we get more than an hour of GGL/Fognini yesterday, even when the Giro d'Italia was on? :facepalm: I could understand if it was at 5-5 in the fifth set but it wasn't even a particularly interesting or high quality match.

liuxuan
May 28th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Sam Smith; enough said :help:

saul1333
May 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Next week Mary Carillo and company will have a segment on TTC where they will rip on womens tennis :rolleyes:

duhcity
May 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Next week Mary Carillo and company will have a segment on TTC where they will rip on womens tennis :rolleyes:

Mary and Martina have spent this entire morning talking about how shitty and completely fucked up women's tennis is.
How the field is "decimated", how the women aren't muscular enough and should look more like WNBA players, how mentally unstable players are etc.

What a shameful representation of women's tennis.

And now the bitch Lindsay is joining in. Fun.

saul1333
May 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Mary and Martina have spent this entire morning talking about how shitty and completely fucked up women's tennis is.
How the field is "decimated", how the women aren't muscular enough and should look more like WNBA players, how mentally unstable players are etc.

What a shameful representation of women's tennis.

And now the bitch Lindsay is joining in. Fun.

It reminded me why it was a good thing she was canned from ESPN..it was horrible to listen to.

She also went on about the Badminton skirts..and dont get her started on badminton :lol:

Libertango
May 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
The commentators in Li/Cirstea are having a massive conversation about women & tattoos instead of commentating on the match. :facepalm:

On Li: 'A massive fan of Lady Gaga, and you can see that, she clearly wants to be different.' :unsure:

I found that quite random and funny; and btw, they were talking about Mattek-Sands being a Gaga fan.

colt13
May 28th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Doug Adler is very hated. There is a reason he can't get a job working on an American network. Sadly the rest of the world and mainly men's tennis fans have to deal with his insipid nature.

I'm not a big Ivanovic fan, but I feel bad for those that are during an Adler match. He seems to hate everything she does.

earthcrystal
May 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Why do people care about tv coverage anymore when there are so many live streams online? Just curious.

GoofyDuck
May 28th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Why do people care about tv coverage anymore when there are so many live streams online? Just curious.

For me they always lag and it frustrates the hell out of me.

nevetssllim
May 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM
That Rob Curling thing in the Eurosport studio compared Berrer to Safin after his R3 match against Murray. :confused:

Ksenia_PervakFAN
May 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM
"ROLAND GARROS with Dinara Safina" (Sport-Exxpress)
Djokovic's Secret Diet

(Google translate)

"People often ask me whether it is possible to WTA Tour winning a series of four dozen matches - like the one that now Novak Djokovic? Of course, this series - a tremendous rarity, but in principle it is possible. In 2008 I won the Olympics for the final 15 games in a row. That is, until Djokovic me, of course, by far, yet.

Recent advances Novak - yet another proof of how he's a talented player. We Djokovic well known, we have with him the general manager, and in Monte Carlo, often overlap. Serb - a true professional on the court and outside it - just a good man.

What is the secret Djokovic? Say a special diet. If so, let Novak quickly share it. As far as I know, the body Serbs do not utilize some flour products, and abandoning them, he began to feel much more comfortable.

Now some of the upcoming second round match with Russian women. Sveta Kuznetsova will meet with Irina Camelia Begu - Romanian, which she lost in April in the semifinals of the tournament in Marbella. I watched that match and I can say that light then just did not realize my chances. She could not doge rival. I think now she will consider it.

Begu - stringy player with a decent serving, backhand and a good sense of the ball. But if you play enough light assemble - especially at key moments, we can meet in two sets. Do not forget that after the finals in Marbella Romanian decent results no longer showed.

Vera Dushevina will play Elena Jankovic and, in my opinion, it forces on Serbian beat. These two rivals are well acquainted as frequent. I think Elena is now a little shedding that she had several years ago when she stood in the ranking in first place.

In turn, Vera good backhand, and it's great moves on the court - indeed, as well as Jankovic. In principle, two tennis as its corona attack using backhand down the line. But the first presentation of the Faith stronger than that of Helena. Besides Dushevina can go to the net, but Jankovic did not particularly like to do this. So if the Russian has to cope with emotion, right to build a game plan and realizes his chances of winning it will have.

But Vesna Dolonts a rival got acting Roland Garros champion Francesca Schiavone. Tennis player, to defend the title, should feel some pressure, but Vesna has nothing to lose. On the court, she must first of all to play their game. And there - we'll see. "

duhcity
May 28th, 2011, 04:19 PM

Tennis on my 15inch macbook or tennis on my 60 inch tv....

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Did u hear Andrew Castle today on BBCi making racist comments about Chinese names :facepalm:

Libertango
May 28th, 2011, 05:10 PM
^What did he say?! It doesn't surprise me though. Probably all that hair gel/wax he uses finally seeped through to his already tiny brain.

nevetssllim
May 28th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Did u hear Andrew Castle today on BBCi making racist comments about Chinese names :facepalm:

I don't know who he failed NOT to offend in that match. :tape:

GS2
May 28th, 2011, 05:23 PM
He was just unbearable.

Why the BBC continues to employ him I don't know.

Corswandt
May 28th, 2011, 06:32 PM

I) I'm not in front of my own computer all the time;

II) You can't record livestreams to watch later.

Cleffa
May 28th, 2011, 06:45 PM
MSNBC is showing taped Del Po vs Djokovic but all I wanted to watch was Makiri vs Rus.

lefty24
May 28th, 2011, 06:48 PM
MSNBC is showing taped Del Po vs Djokovic but all I wanted to watch was Makiri vs Rus.

Yup felt the same way. They could have at least showed the last game. I'm sure people would rather see that then Del Po vs Djokovic.
MSNBC probably has my least favorite coverage in the US.

duhcity
May 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I hate commentators.
A quarter of the mens draw completely fell apart. Yet it's the women's draw that was destroyed.

No offense, but if Gimelstob is going to praise a Montanes/Fognini 4r, how could he shit on the women's matchups.

Specter
May 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I'm endlessly annoyed by Eurosport commercials going so long they regularly miss the first serve of the next game. If it's a fault, I can live with it, but if they miss a whole point because of that I just wanna slap somebody over there.

Adrian.
May 29th, 2011, 11:17 AM
eurosport should better show some doubles match or juniors and not that shit-fest on CC :o :lol:

ViennaCalling
May 29th, 2011, 12:45 PM
ES is showing only 4 hours tennis a day because of shitty handball and cycling :fiery:

I don't have ES 2 :fiery: