PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Venus last on Centre for singles and last on Court 2 for doubles

LightWarrior
May 26th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Gotta love the schedule. Do officials have respect for the players ? I know her doubles 1st round is to finish but there's a chance she has to be on both courts at the same time. :help:

WowWow
May 26th, 2009, 09:30 PM
That's crazy.

ce
May 26th, 2009, 09:31 PM
:haha:

volta
May 26th, 2009, 09:34 PM
wth :haha:

juki
May 26th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Lucie Hradecka is scheduled 2nd on court 17 for her singles match, so it was impossible for them to schedule the match earlier. They should have waited till Thursday to finish it maybe, which still might happen...

In The Zone
May 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Who cares? Do you think the doubles will start without her? It had to be put on last. Venus was put on last for singles because her doubles was so late.

The doubles won't get started til a break after Venus' singles. Like juki said, this could go to Thursday. Singles gets first priority over doubles.

H.A.M.
May 26th, 2009, 09:40 PM
It'd be cold at Paris by then! I remember like 3 years ago she played last on the Chartrier for her secound round match against some Finish chick. I was so cold out there that she wore a tacky, pinkywhity RG t-shirt. At this moment I realised Reebook really didn't give a rats ass about her anymore :bigcry:

Dave.
May 26th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Serena might have to finish the match off herself. :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
May 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
The organisers are racists obviously.

itzhak
May 26th, 2009, 09:47 PM
what is the problem?

after the 1st set, she will jump to the doubles match and then will comeback to the 2nd set, she will play until there are no lights, she will not say nothing and will lose....

serenus_2k8
May 26th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Thats fine...its only a set of doubles, she can cope with that. Ree had a very long match and a very short break and managed ok, Vee can too :D

Direwolf
May 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM
gosh

no wonder why she
almost kinda hate it so much
:mad::mad::mad:

Direwolf
May 26th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Thats fine...its only a set of doubles, she can cope with that. Ree had a very long match and a very short break and managed ok, Vee can too :D

managed ok??
they lost a set to
i dont know who
:help::help::help:

Destiny
May 26th, 2009, 09:53 PM
:mad:

Optima
May 26th, 2009, 09:54 PM

:spit: :tape:

Slammer7
May 26th, 2009, 09:57 PM

:yeah:

what is the problem?

after the 1st set, she will jump to the doubles match and then will comeback to the 2nd set, she will play until there are no lights, she will not say nothing and will lose....

:lol: :speakles:

Direwolf
May 26th, 2009, 09:57 PM
This is Like Fed Cup

Williams vs Czechs

Serena vs Kookie
Venus vs Lucie

Williams vs Czechmates outside top 50

Direwolf
May 26th, 2009, 10:00 PM
This is Like Fed Cup

Williams vs Czechs

Serena vs Kookie
Venus vs Lucie

Williams vs Czechmates outside top 50

:worship::worship::worship:
that rhymes

serenus_2k8
May 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
managed ok??
they lost a set to
i dont know who

And also won a set 6-1. Like I said, they managed and can take it 2moro.

Dawson.
May 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM
The scheduling thus far has been horrendous.

starin
May 26th, 2009, 11:35 PM
bizarre scheduling. So will Venus play her singles match 1st no matter what?
or will she play her doubles 1st if it gets on court b4 her singles?
lol hot mess of a schedule. Venus might be out there until midnight.

Craig.
May 26th, 2009, 11:38 PM
The RG scheduling/OOP has always been a little :weirdo:

The Dawntreader
May 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Oh well, life will go on:lol:

njtennis17
May 26th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I was thinking because Venus was out there so late today for the doubles that they scheduled her singles for tomorrow later in the day. And they wouldn't have her play doubles before singles, so they had no choice but to schedule the doubles last on a court. A little weird but I don't think its that odd.

Lucas_Arg
May 26th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Maria vs Nadia deserves Chatrier.

faboozadoo15
May 27th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Do you post with a French flag and a Chris Evert avatar so that people won't immediately think you're a moron?

Not working. :weirdo:

Tennisstar86
May 27th, 2009, 12:28 AM
bizarre scheduling. So will Venus play her singles match 1st no matter what?
or will she play her doubles 1st if it gets on court b4 her singles?
lol hot mess of a schedule. Venus might be out there until midnight.

I thought it was odd that Serena played 3rd on one court and then 4th on the other today....

Anyways, No Venus will play her Singles match before her doubles match.....Because, singles goes first due to the fact that they have more matches to play..... If one person gets behind they could have problems finishing the tournament on schedule.

duhcity
May 27th, 2009, 12:33 AM
managed ok??
they lost a set to
i dont know who

Gotta be honest, I thought Serena was loads better in the dubs than singles, while Venus was making a bunch of errors in doubles

LightWarrior
May 27th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Do you post with a French flag and a Chris Evert avatar so that people won't immediately think you're a moron?

Not working. :weirdo:

Where did that one come from ? :help:

woosey
May 27th, 2009, 12:40 AM
why are they playing dubs here anyway?

Lulu.
May 27th, 2009, 12:43 AM
They should wrap up the doubles match rather quickly.

Slammer7
May 27th, 2009, 12:51 AM
why are they playing dubs here anyway?

Because they are going for the doubles slam.

woosey
May 27th, 2009, 12:57 AM

oooooohhhhhh.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 27th, 2009, 12:57 AM
whatever if they can play tennis with bullets flying around, then they can win 8 points in pitch black :shrug:

zxcVbnm88
May 27th, 2009, 01:59 AM
luckily Venus is cool and won't be emotionally affected by the schedule, unlike us.

zxcVbnm88
May 27th, 2009, 02:02 AM
oooooohhhhhh.

By doing so, they would book their place for the doubles YEC. It's one of the goals this season.

Horizon
May 27th, 2009, 02:11 AM
:lol:

charmedRic
May 27th, 2009, 02:16 AM
wow.

Dawn Marie
May 27th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Venus likes playing when it's cooler outside. The dubs most likley will be delayed until the Thursday. They had no choice but to put in last. They also know it will more than likely be delayed.

I don't see a problem.

Melly Flew Us
May 27th, 2009, 03:14 AM
:rolleyes:

woosey
May 27th, 2009, 03:24 AM
By doing so, they would book their place for the doubles YEC. It's one of the goals this season.

ooooohhhhhh.

Caillou
May 27th, 2009, 03:55 AM
wow people calm down...the poster was just commenting on the weird scheduling..good for those who didn't make a nasty/sarcastic post..idk what is wrong with some of you. even a post like this entails rude comments and fights...just wow.

~Eclipsed~
May 27th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Ahh well, obviously singles will take priority over dubs anyway. You never know how long the matches will take so just have to play by it ear just like everyday.

tennnisfannn
May 27th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Totally agree, they are against Hlavackova and Hradecka, now if the WS were playing Washington/Haynes the doubles would have been first on Centre court:devil:

harloo
May 27th, 2009, 06:21 AM

Yep they're racist, just like you.:tape::lol:

vwfan
May 27th, 2009, 12:47 PM
wow, where did that come from?

racism is no joke; kinda of insensitive to trivialize it, imho.

Vlover
May 27th, 2009, 02:37 PM
racism is no joke; kinda of insensitive to trivialize it, imho.
When it is trivialized, it becomes much easier to hide behind it, when it is warranted. For those people racism is always in the abstract and they will never admit it, regardless of how blatant muchless when it is subtle. They can try to minimize it as much as they want but it is without doubt that the Sisters have experience lots of racism in tennis but have overcome with their dignity in tact.

So Venus will play in the dark and cold again. What's new? :rolleyes: The same thing happen last year with Pannetta anyway.:tape:

friendsita
May 27th, 2009, 02:45 PM

If they can win in Paris... they have it!

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
When it is trivialized, it becomes much easier to hide behind it, when it is warranted. For those people racism is always in the abstract and they will never admit it, regardless of how blatant muchless when it is subtle. They can try to minimize it as much as they want but it is without doubt that the Sisters have experience lots of racism in tennis but have overcome with their dignity in tact.

So Venus will play in the dark and cold again. What's new? :rolleyes: The same thing happen last year with Pannetta anyway.:tape:

and yesterday Alize played her 3rd first round match in 3 years in the dark and cold as well.So either organisers don't like white players, or they can't stand their "own" players, or...the parano of some is reaching a new high.

DeliriousPotato
May 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM
The scheduling IS preety stupid!
Imagine if Venus plays a tight three-setter against Safarova and has to continue tomorrow.
Then she'll have to play Singles and Doubles tomorrow, which is a day she supposedly should have off!
TOTALLY UNFAIR!

VishaalMaria
May 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Does it really matter? She's playing on PC, what more do you want?

égalité
May 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
The doubles match was suspended at 6-1 3-6 4-3. She has like 2 games of doubles to play. Cry me a fucking river. :weirdo:

Matt01
May 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM
The doubles match was suspended at 6-1 3-6 4-3. She has like 2 games of doubles to play. Cry me a fucking river. :weirdo:

I'll do as you wish: :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Libertango
May 27th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Good God, I wouldn't trust Serena to finish ANY match off these days. They'll be there until the weekend. Wait for V! :lol:

TennisViewer531
May 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM
The organizers can easily adjust that...

QUEENLINDSAY
May 27th, 2009, 04:24 PM
if you play doubles and singles, sked like this could happen.
If they move the match the next day, I'm sure Serena could be the one affected since she is playing singles too.
If they are in the same half, then it could have been easier to schedule them.

Lucemferre
May 27th, 2009, 04:27 PM

Not funny :weirdo:

Lucemferre
May 27th, 2009, 04:28 PM

She can do it :hearts:

Bartosh
May 27th, 2009, 04:40 PM

:hug:

the worst thing is that some morons find your post funny :weirdo:

tae04
May 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Looks like the dbl match is not on the schedule anymore for today.

faboozadoo15
May 27th, 2009, 04:57 PM

Usually these types of moronic OOP complaint threads are made by WS fans grinding the racism ax. Whether it's what court they're playing on, which court is slower, which court they have a better record on, which way the sun shines, bird migration patterns, it wouldn't be a major tournament without OOP whining from fans of the Williams sisters.

Bijoux0021
May 27th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Looks like the dbl match is not on the schedule anymore for today.
Yep, it seems like they'll have to finish it tomorrow.

2Black
May 27th, 2009, 05:06 PM
That was dumb scheduling though...why schedule some1 with 2 matches last on 2 courts. What idiot thought of that lol

G1Player2
May 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Usually these types of moronic OOP complaint threads are made by WS fans grinding the racism ax. Whether it's what court they're playing on, which court is slower, which court they have a better record on, which way the sun shines, bird migration patterns, it wouldn't be a major tournament without OOP whining from fans of the Williams sisters.

You're the only person who brought race into this. :rolleyes: And, if Maria had lost today I'd bet you wouldn't be posting right now. You'd be udner your rok crying as usual like every Sharapova loss. :lol:

Dave.
May 27th, 2009, 05:11 PM
What's ridiculous is that both Venus and Hradecka will have played singles matches IN BETWEEN their doubles match which is still paused at a vital stage in the 3rd set. The doubles should have been scheduled first thing today, and both of their singles matches after. Doesn't make sense that a match suspended at 4-3 in the 3rd has to be dragged on over two days.

Obviously this has nothing to do with racism, people don't do that in tennis tournaments.

zxcVbnm88
May 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
it seems like they would play their double tomorrow. No longer in the court 2 in today's SOP

morningglory
May 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Safin you blockhead :banghead: now pls lose in str8s then

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 05:31 PM

No.The worst thing is that some people took his post seriously.

starin
May 27th, 2009, 06:01 PM
wow the bizarre scheduling continues.
So they'll continue the double's match tomorrow?
:help: might as well start from scratch.
Why don't they just play now while Safin looks like he's going 5 sets?

jefrilibra
May 27th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I dont even think Venus will play anyhing today.

It's already dark and prolly gonna rain lol!

morningglory
May 27th, 2009, 06:04 PM
wow the bizarre scheduling continues.
So they'll continue the double's match tomorrow?
:help: might as well start from scratch.
Why don't they just play now while Safin looks like he's going 5 sets?

Nadal just needs one quick set more and they'll be done. Goodness gracious Safin... NOW you pick the time to fight (doesnt he usually just whines and tanks the 3rd set?)
GL Venus

Slammer7
May 27th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I dont even think Venus will play anyhing today.

It's already dark and prolly gonna rain lol!

I'm starting to think the same sadly.:sad: Damned FO organizers waisting our time.:rolleyes::fiery:

cartmancop
May 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Is court 2 done for the day? Not exactly Center Court, but it would be a better alternative than not playing at all today...

tennis ace
May 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM

Funny race was not brought into play by anyone except two moronic posters who are not williams fans. Since in the past one or two williams fans have brought the race card into play YOU classify all of us as having the same views :rolleyes:. Stop focusing on the negative and grow up.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 27th, 2009, 06:14 PM
so they're off the OOP for today? :scratch::confused:

Slammer7
May 27th, 2009, 06:16 PM
so they're off the OOP for today? :scratch::confused:

Yep.

jefrilibra
May 27th, 2009, 06:16 PM

Your dildo out of battery today?

It's okay. Forgiven.

zxcVbnm88
May 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Time to cheer for Nadal, haha

guapogreg08
May 27th, 2009, 06:18 PM
sloppy sloppy

serenus_2k8
May 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
^:lol:

On both BBCi the commentators cant understand why the schedule has been done so poorly. With the whole extra Sunday this really shouldnt be an issue that some players arent getting on court...And starting sets, yet alone matches, that will clearly not be finished is totally insane too. Poor Vee, she might have to be moved to first match 2moro. I cant see her getting on now.

chris_d08
May 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM
even though i really wanted to see venus play today, i'm now hoping she doesnt play today!! remember a couple years ago when she was last on court?? she was rushing becuz she wanted the match over in a hurry and i believe she had to save some set points in that match!!! but she might get on now that nadal is up 3-0 in the 3rd so they may move her to Suzanne Longlen court

Taniaaa
May 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Lucie won't play today?:sad:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Organizers in RG :weirdo:

They know Safin always lose in the fifth set or in the TB of the third at the best of 3

I would have sent that clown to the Court 17

Slammer7
^:lol:

On both BBCi the commentators cant understand why the schedule has been done so poorly. With the whole extra Sunday this really shouldnt be an issue that some players arent getting on court...And starting sets, yet alone matches, that will clearly not be finished is totally insane too. Poor Vee, she might have to be moved to first match 2moro. I cant see her getting on now.

I agree, right now it is just better for her to play back to back days than for her to be thrown out there for a set in near darkness and freezing temperatures.:mad:

Bartosh
May 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM
No.The worst thing is that some people took his post seriously.

serious or not it was not funny at all :shrug:

Paneru
May 27th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I'd rather her not play today given the time
and conditions.

However, why do I get the feeling that if Nadal finishes
soon they are going to throw her to SL.

volta
May 27th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I'd rather her not play today given the time
and conditions.

However, why do I get the feeling that if Nadal finishes
soon they are going to throw her to SL.

i think so 2

MrSerenaWilliams
May 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM
why are they last on court 2 AGAIN! :unsure:

PUT THEM ON FIRST :rolleyes:

they're STUPID!

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 06:33 PM
play will probably be suspended soon cause of the rain

frenchie
May 27th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I think Venus will probably be on Lenglen after Nadal!

venutite aigu
May 27th, 2009, 06:36 PM
It seems that they will finish teir doubles match right now!!!

venutite aigu
May 27th, 2009, 06:37 PM
on court 2

Dodoboy.
May 27th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Last Again!!

Omg!!! Idiots!

tonythetiger
May 27th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I think Venus will probably be on Lenglen after Nadal!

That's what they should do as the Safin match has now gone to the 5th set!:fiery:

venutite aigu
my bad

In The Zone
She will go to Lenglen if Nadal can wrap this up.

7:38 Paris time. :o :o If Nadal can hold, Venus won't begin until 8pm or so.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Nadal's match is over.

In The Zone
May 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM
The doubles match was removed from the schedule of play. As expected, that will be completed on Thursday.

Knizzle
May 27th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I don't like Venus playing on Lenglen Court especially in heavy conditions. She's had too many losses there like this. She plays so much better on Chatrier

Slammer7
May 27th, 2009, 06:50 PM
This sucks, they have already moved Venus' match on the FO website to Lenglen.:fiery:

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM
ahhh

Venus is playing on the slowest court in
RG
again!!

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Ouanna is fighting but he'll lose :crying2:
The CC is sleepy but rain kinda stopped
I dunno how it is on Lenglen but it'll be tough conditions for Lucie and Venus

In The Zone
May 27th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Now, scheduling issues again. If Serena has to play doubles, why would you put her on 3rd and not 1st? Doesn't really make sense. I'd want to put her on first to make sure the doubles match gets in.

Venus and Lucie just stepped on to the court.

CoolDude7
May 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Venus being moved to slow court and late at night too :tape:(just like her last lost at FO):help:

Galsen
WTF? tomorrow's shedule say they'll play on court 2 ( last) but what about the second round?

In The Zone
WTF? tomorrow's shedule say they'll play on court 2 ( last) but what about the second round?

How can you worry about the second round until the first round is complete? :lol: They will play the second round on Friday.

They have to be on Court 2; that was the court they were suspended on. Plus, it has to be after Serena's singles match. (Singles comes before doubles.)

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 06:58 PM
omfg Jocelyn broke back :bowdown:

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 06:58 PM
People must realize that Venus and Serena are not the only players in the event.It's the first week, there are a lot of matches and organisers can't please everyone.

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 06:59 PM
cant they put Serena first
and the doubles match 3rd??

gosh!!

Slammer7
May 27th, 2009, 07:00 PM
People must realize that Venus and Serena are not the only players in the event.It's the first week, there are a lot of matches and organisers can't please everyone.

I'm not expecting special treatment, not more than any other top seed. It's about fairness, and I'm talking about the singles. You have to expect to be tossed around when it comes to doubles.

tonythetiger
May 27th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I don't feel good about Vee's match at all. It's too darn late and I fear she will rush and get distracted. Come on Venus!

frenchie
May 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I'm really scared for Venus right now

very bad conditions for her

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Ouanna is fighting but he'll lose :crying2:
The CC is sleepy but rain kinda stopped
I dunno how it is on Lenglen but it'll be tough conditions for Lucie and Venus

Ouanna is gonna win it babe!!

isnt it obvious that a match that has taken 2 days ago
should be put atleast NOT THE LAST MATCH..

Arnaud Clement vs C.Rochus may take forever

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 07:02 PM
It makes me think of something I posted this morning in another thread :

French journalists were saying that Alize's mother complained that her daughter is always scheduled to play the evening and that it's not fair (Alize played 3 first round matches that have been stopped due to darkness over the years).
Then Tati slammed her saying that it's not organisers fault and it's already an honor to have your daughter put on the central court so she should shut up (adding that "if you want to be priviligied, you have to find a way to be n°1 in the world").:tape::lol:

In The Zone
May 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM

cant they put Serena first
and the doubles match 3rd??

gosh!!

Or Serena first and keep the doubles where it is.

Bartoli and Garbin, how come they can't play third? They aren't even scheduled for doubles that day.

If we are talking fairness and pleasing everyone, everyone would be pleased if Serena were first. Clearly, though, RG was pleasing TV $$$$$$ and not the players.

mckyle.
How can you worry about the second round until the first round is complete? :lol: They will play the second round on Friday.

They have to be on Court 2; that was the court they were suspended on. Plus, it has to be after Serena's singles match. (Singles comes before doubles.)

They don't have to be; that's just how it is usually ;)

darrinbaker00
I'm really scared for Venus right now

very bad conditions for her
It's just as bad for Lucie Safarova, you know.

homogenius
I'm not expecting special treatment, not more than any other top seed. It's about fairness, and I'm talking about the singles. You have to expect to be tossed around when it comes to doubles.

Venus is on tour for more than 10 years.She's a veteran and she's used to these kind of things.Moreover, conditions will be though for both players (conditions won't favor Safarova with her game style).

In The Zone
May 27th, 2009, 07:04 PM
They don't have to be; that's just how it is usually ;)

It's actually an unspoken, strict rule. The players have to agree to move. Dushevina and Wozniacki obviously had no choice but to be moved off Chatrier.

Sharapova/V.Williams 2007 4R at Wimbledon, there was a whole big to do about them continuing on Court 3 but they both agreed to be moved to Center.

CoolDude7
May 27th, 2009, 07:13 PM
this is not good

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Off topic but here is another proof that hawkeye IS needed on clay : Ouanna just got robbed on MP.Marat hit an "ace", umpire confirmed it, but the hawkeye showed that it was out :o

Dave.
May 27th, 2009, 07:23 PM

I would agree they should normally schedule singles before doubles..but not when the doubles has already started and is in a crucial stage of the match. :help: I don't understand why they weren't put first on today (Wednesday). It's some of the most rididulous scheduling I've ever seen. Come this time tommorow, Serena, Venus and Lucie will have all completed singles matches and they have to come back to this doubles match that was last played 2 days previously, where both teams are games away from going out.

It's not as bad seeing as these players don't toally rely on the doubles but I don't think a team of doubles specialist players would stand for this.

H.A.M.
May 27th, 2009, 07:25 PM

Do you realise they're carying the whole interest of the WTA on thei shoulder with Maria? They're the 2nd and 3rd seeds as well SO they deserve a special treatment:o:p

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Do you realise they're carying the whole interest of the WTA on thei shoulder with Maria? They're the 2nd and 3rd seeds as well SO they deserve a special treatment:o:p

but Maria is better cause she's carrying it on one shoulder only :p

(seriously, no one deserve "special treatment".If you're not good enough to adapt to conditions, then you deserve to lose imo)

Tennisstar86
May 27th, 2009, 07:41 PM
but Maria is better cause she's carrying it on one shoulder only :p

(seriously, no one deserve "special treatment".If you're not good enough to adapt to conditions, then you deserve to lose imo)

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there... I mean organizers complain the top players dont play doubles, so, IMO if you have top players playing doubles, they should be given special treatment, otherwise you'll definately end up with NO top players playing doubles. which is where their tour is headed anyways.... maybe it has to do with poor scheduling

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there... I mean organizers complain the top players dont play doubles, so, IMO if you have top players playing doubles, they should be given special treatment, otherwise you'll definately end up with NO top players playing doubles. which is where their tour is headed anyways.... maybe it has to do with poor scheduling

Top players (especially a double team like the sisters)are also supposed to play according to their status : Serena and Venus should have won this yesterday (and in straights).

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Enough already!

tonythetiger
May 27th, 2009, 07:50 PM
This match will likely be suspended after the first set. No?

Tennisstar86
May 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
This match will likely be suspended after the first set. No?

no, they've been shutting down at like 9:30 so i assume this match'll still have 30 minutes of play left in it after the tie breaker

tonythetiger
May 27th, 2009, 07:59 PM
no, they've been shutting down at like 9:30 so i assume this match'll still have 30 minutes of play left in it after the tie breaker

Thanks. I still don't think they will finish tonight. I still don't feel good about it.:sad:

RenaSlam.
May 27th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Fuck.

Aaron.
May 27th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Fuck x2.

améliemomo
May 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Off topic but here is another proof that hawkeye IS needed on clay : Ouanna just got robbed on MP.Marat hit an "ace", umpire confirmed it, but the hawkeye showed that it was out :o

well he won so not big deal Thank God:angel:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Organizers in RG :weirdo:

They know Safin always lose in the fifth set or in the TB of the third at the best of 3

I would have sent that clown to the Court 17

This SDNL is good

CrossCourt~Rally
May 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Aaawl, i was really looking forward to another half hour of tennis :sad:. Lucie had a couple amazing shots to close out the TB :eek:.
Hopefully Vee will start out strong tomorow and take it to a 3rd set :bounce:

CoolDude7
May 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM
they stopped the match, i guess they didn't want Venus to lose early twice under the same conditions.. but i still don't see her winning on this court , oh well

serenus_2k8
May 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Worst possible conditions for Vee, the suspended play is a good thing.

tonythetiger
May 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I knew they would suspend it after the first set. They should never have even started the match in the first place. Hopefully Venus can regroup tomorrow. Mercy!

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM

Yes yesterday they "forced" them to play around this time (9:30/9:45)even if both players, Alize and Ani wanted to stop.Today it's darker here tho.

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
gosh their screwing her all over again!!
luckily
the play was suspended
good good match!!

jefrilibra
May 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
The organisers really flucked this one. Why even bother starting the match in the first place?! It was already dark when they started. You just dont see it on TV.

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Yes yesterday they "forced" them to play around this time (9:30)even if both players, Alize and Ani wanted to stop.Today it's darker here tho.

r u in franch?

Slammer7
May 27th, 2009, 08:13 PM
they stopped the match, i guess they didn't want Venus to lose early twice under the same conditions.. but i still don't see her winning on this court , oh well

No, Safarova is the one that asked for the stoppage of play. They never should have started this match.:mad::fiery: WHY? WHY? WHY? The schedule maker needs fired.:fiery:

faboozadoo15
May 27th, 2009, 08:14 PM
It's so much darker than it looks on tv. It's a lightened image. They showed the difference a few years ago.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 08:15 PM
r u in franch?

yes (Paris)

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 08:16 PM
It's so much darker than it looks on tv. It's a lightened image. They showed the difference a few years ago.

I agree there's a big difference with what people get to see on tv (that's why it seems strange to see some players complaining at times, but they're generally right)

Direwolf
May 27th, 2009, 08:19 PM
yes (Paris)

when will u go to Rg?

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
when will u go to Rg?

Second week probably (I can't this week).