PDA

View Full Version : What Keothavong said to Safina when she as beaten.

The Pro
May 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Something along the lines of - "You could have at least given me one game."

I can't put into words how embarrassing that is. Has she no pride?

What a dozy self absorbed madam. It's not her first foot in mouth moment. I don't think Keothovang has the guts or ability to be a top level player. Now I doubt she has the brains either.

Shameful for a Brit. :rolleyes:

Noctis
May 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
it was a joke
but really what pride do you have in mind after getting bagels on center court.

-jenks-
May 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I'm sure she was just joking.

The Pro
May 26th, 2009, 08:01 PM
The wording seems wrong to be a joke. Or at least it sounds like a joke with a slight edge to it.

Either way she should have kept her big YAP shut. :(

Julian.
May 26th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that. She was just joking.

-Sonic-
May 26th, 2009, 08:06 PM
The wording seems wrong to be a joke. Or at least it sounds like a joke with a slight edge to it.

Either way she should have kept her big YAP shut. :(

How can you not know the wording - "something along the lines of" - and then use the wording as a backup to your opinion??

Monica_Rules
May 26th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Obviously it was a joke you retard

Marionated
May 26th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Stop trying to make something out of nothing :rolleyes:

serenus_2k8
May 26th, 2009, 08:09 PM

What a dozy self absorbed madam. It's not her first foot in mouth moment. I don't think Keothovang has the guts or ability to be a top level player. Now I doubt she has the brains either.

Whats more embarassing is your total lack of logic and ability to understand the situation. Anybody would recognise that as a clear joke...Anne would never ask for a player to go easy, she is a 25 year old woman who is classy, intelligent and extremely mature. What gives you the right to draw up conclusions from one sentence you read on the internet?

And Anne lacks guts? Wow, perhaps you've had your head in the sand for a bit too long, as the number of ''First Brit in 'X many' year'' records Anne has been breaking has been phenomonal. It certainly takes guts to break the top 100 and the top 50, and even more when your peers are a level below you.

Anne handled her double bagel by laughing after the match. There was no screaming, swearing or raquet throwing, something that Andy Murray was infamous for a while ago, and despite having the worse possible debut she walked off the court with her head held high and credited it 100% to Dinara.

Crawl back into your hole until you have something decent to post, or dont bother posting at all :rolleyes:

WowWow
May 26th, 2009, 08:10 PM
What's the big deal?:shrug:

vadin124
May 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
get over it, Anne lost 0-6 0-6...stop trying to make yourself feel better by trying to fabricate dramas which make her look bad...

Anne would have been joking, she has a nice sense of humour...jeez, what a troll!

Anne is still a good player...

apple123
May 26th, 2009, 08:13 PM
It's an awkward moment so she joked to smooth it over. that's all.

V.Melb
May 26th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Anne is a fine player, and what she said was CLEARLY not serious. that's why they both smiled and the end, look at Safina's interview, she clearly interprets Anne's comments as a joke.
You must be slightly warped to think that proffessional player would say such a thing seriously.

What a stupid post.

darkangel23
May 26th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah I mean that shows that she could handle the defeat pretty well!

UDACHi
May 26th, 2009, 08:19 PM
i think it shows maturity. :)

LCS
May 26th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Epic Fail.

Anne is too mature and classy for such crap.

OsloErik
May 26th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Clearly she was joking. And clearly she has more maturity with her ability to accept a rough defeat to the world number one and clear-cut best clay courter at the moment than some of her compatriots.

It's threads like these that reinforce my decades-old maxim: the worst thing that can happen to an athlete is to be born in Great Britain. Nothing is EVER good enough for most British sports fans. It's like they expect absolute perfection because they were a top athletic country 60 years ago. The way they pounce on their absolute BEST athletes when they have a fumble is just disgraceful.

edit: my apologies to the many, many, MANY British tennis fans on here with grace and humor and good personalities. I hate generalizing, but in general, I stand by my comment. You are the exceptions, and I appreciate your contributions.

Apoleb
May 26th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Even Safina thought it was a joke. :rolleyes:

schorsch
May 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Even though she probably was joking at the net... last week she complained to her coach that she lost a game to Olaru. She was so pissed that she didn't doublebagel her even though she hasn't had that many big results such as a SF so far and she might have been better off being happy about that. And now this week she's asking for a game as a joke ? :rolleyes:

Beat
May 26th, 2009, 08:38 PM

oh please, she was joking.

In The Zone
May 26th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Obviously it was a joke you retard

I second this.

Ryan
May 26th, 2009, 08:40 PM

:lol: You're the one who should be ashamed.

Destiny
May 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Foolishness she was joking :rolleyes:

Natash.
May 26th, 2009, 08:53 PM
And of course, the troll/thread starter does not post again. :lol:

veryborednow
May 26th, 2009, 08:59 PM
way to perpetuate the sterotype of the humourless Scot. nicely done ;)

The Pro
May 26th, 2009, 09:47 PM
WHY ARE YOU ALL BEING SO HORRIBLE TO ME? :confused:

My bad. :D

HRHoliviasmith
May 26th, 2009, 09:58 PM
:haha: @ this thread and responses...

youizahoe
May 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I think I would say the same when I'd get double bageled, most players these days give like one game for free though :rolls:

Ellen Dawson
May 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Having seen Anne play in person, I'm sure she was joking. She came across snarky when I've seen her live so this comment doesn't surprise me. :shrug:

CrossCourt~Rally
May 26th, 2009, 10:26 PM
It's an awkward moment so she joked to smooth it over. that's all.

Exacty! If anything i think it was good sportsmanship on Anne's part to make such a joke after being beatin so badly :p

Andrew Laeddis
May 26th, 2009, 10:45 PM
it was a joke
but really what pride do you have in mind after getting bagels on center court.

:lol:

mckyle.
May 26th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I say the same when I'm bageled :wavey:

Ciarán
May 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
It's a joke :rolleyes:
And in a way a compliment.

ArturoAce.
May 26th, 2009, 11:19 PM
1st bad rep i've given in a while. :speakles:

LeonHart
May 27th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I'm sure you were expecting her to be bawling her eyes out after losing 6-0 6-0 :rolleyes:

I'm glad she understands that at the end of the day it's just a game, even if it's her profession. She'll probably take this as a learning experience and move on.

Dawson.
May 27th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Epic fail of a thread :lol:

Temporary0369
May 27th, 2009, 12:26 AM

Well, as she has no guts to be a top player perhaps you two can go visit the Wizard together. Courage for her and a brain for your dumbas* :).

I also like how you say that your admittedly paraphrased quote does not sound like she is joking.

new-york
May 27th, 2009, 12:31 AM
if anything, i'm sure it will get her somewhere to be able to joke after not being able to win a single game in a match. :yeah:

charmedRic
May 27th, 2009, 01:17 AM
How can you not know the wording - "something along the lines of" - and then use the wording as a backup to your opinion??

touche!

zxcVbnm88
May 27th, 2009, 01:31 AM
get a life. she's kidding. a nice way to handle double bagel

Dawn Marie
May 27th, 2009, 01:46 AM
omg, she was joking. She didn't mean anything LITERALLY.

Mattographer
May 27th, 2009, 02:08 AM
You have no sense of humour.

She was just joking.

young_gunner913
May 27th, 2009, 02:10 AM
If she said that I'm sure it was in a joking way. I don't see Anne being that desperate. :o

madlove
May 27th, 2009, 02:16 AM
it was a joke.. morons.

Anik
May 27th, 2009, 02:24 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eHd6SKfQX1Mh/610x.jpg

southern star
May 27th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I dare say that Keo was 'avin' a lahf.

Dodoboy.
May 27th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Y'all are SOO mean!

Keegan
May 27th, 2009, 11:28 PM
In written words, it seems like a snide thing to say. If she meant it to be rude then she should rethink her act on court.

If she wants a game, she can work to earn a game.

kris719
May 28th, 2009, 12:00 AM
wow, it's a joke people.

Londoner
May 28th, 2009, 04:33 AM
I don't see anything wrong with that. She was just joking.

Agreed. Making such jokes is a way of brushing off the hurt and pain of such a loss. People do it all the time.

Londoner
May 28th, 2009, 04:34 AM

I think you're being a tad over sensitive.