PDA

View Full Version : Up Close and personal with Marion Bartoli

KBdoubleu
May 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
When did you first spend big with your prize money?
Back in 2005, I bought my mum a Louis Vuitton bag and gave my dad a gold pen. I love giving presents. It’s much more fun than receiving them.

When did you last crack up laughing?
This morning the impersonator Nicolas Canteloup had me laughing out loud. I love it when he does Ségolène Royal.

When did you last get angry?
When Marseille were refused a penalty when they were 2-0 down at home to Lyon. I lost it.

Which actress would you choose to play you on screen?
Marion Cotillard.

What’s the best film you’ve seen recently?
The Dark Knght on an Imax screen in Montreal. It was nuts!

What’s the best concert you’ve ever seen?
Coldplay.

Who’s your favourite sportsperson?
Michael Jordan.

And your favourite sport outside tennis?
Football. I’m a big OM fan. I’d love to kick off a game at the Velodrome. They asked me to earlier this year but I couldn’t because I was in Indian Wells.

Who’s your favourite player on tour?
Elena Dementieva.

Who’s your least favourite player on tour?
Anastasia Rodionova.

Which training exercise do you hate the most?
Right to left crosscourt! Man, it’s just horrible…

Which part of your game would you like to improve?
My second service.

What is your favourite web site?
Youtube.

What is the last thing you do before going to sleep?
I play spider-solitaire! I can’t switch off the computer until I win.

What puts you in a bad mood?
When OM lose.

Who’s your favourite comedian?
Florence Foresti.

What would be the object you most desire?
A McLaren SLR with 614 horse power. I dream of owning that car. I don’t have my driving licence yet but I love cars. When my career is over I’m going to buy a McLaren!

What do you have on your ipod?
Beyonce, Coldplay and Kanye West. Plus family photos and photos of OM players.

What’s your favourite song right now?
Halo, by Beyonce.

Who would you love to play mixed doubles with?
Roger Federer. He always says hi. He’s really friendly. I love him but I would get really nervous if I had to play with him.

What is the worst possible thing that could happen to you before going on court?
Well if I’m still in the tournament on Sunday it would be OM losing out on the French title.

When was your first kiss?
I guess I must have been 6 or so.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2009-05-26/200905261243344819843.html

Tennis Ball
May 26th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks, nice!

Lighter
May 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Elena Dementieva.

Anastasia Rodionova.

As the questions has been asked in French, the translation on the site rolandgarros.com is not good. She doesn't hate Anastasia Rodionova.

The questions in French are :
- Prix Orange - the nicest player
- Prix Citron - the most disagreable player

Alexj
May 26th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Elena Dementieva.

Anastasia Rodionova.

As the questions has been asked in French, the translation on the site rolandgarros.com is not good. She doesn't hate Anastasia Rodionova.

The questions in French are :
- Prix Orange - the nicest player
- Prix Citron - the most disagreable player

thanks for clearing that up. :)

I was wondering why they would ask that question

Optima
May 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Marion :inlove:

lynxy
May 26th, 2009, 10:27 PM
The translator didn't do so bad re nicest/least nice. I mean, I know about Rodionova antics, I guessed exactly what she means ;)

court70
May 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Who is OM.

Ellen Dawson
May 26th, 2009, 10:52 PM
You know for all the "stuff" that Marion takes on this board I have to give her props for being scrappy. Her tennis isn't always pretty but the girl can put up a fight on the court. :)

Ciarán
May 26th, 2009, 10:57 PM
:awww:

vml
May 26th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Who is OM.

OM means Olympique de Marseille, it's a french football club

Brena
May 26th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I expected her favourite player to be JJ - she doesn't beat anyone else that frequently!

helio_c
May 26th, 2009, 11:34 PM
hahaha, gotta love sincere Marion...

Dini.
May 26th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Aww, she loves Rogi. :awww:

Craig.
May 26th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I hate to say this... but I love reading that :speakles:

Ferg
May 27th, 2009, 12:04 AM
:hearts:

No Name Face
May 27th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Marion and Elena are friends!? Weird?

HOS
May 27th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Well, love her honesty....I reckon most other people would avoid the least like player.....the only other player I have heard say she is no good was Paola in regards to Meshki!

Miss Amor
May 27th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Marion is really adorable.

spice_of_life
May 27th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Bartoli said this about Federer:

http://www.lematin.ch/sports/tennis/marion-bartoli-homme-ideal-roger-federer-75145

"Mon homme idéal ? Roger Federer. C´est l´homme parfait, avoue-t-elle dans les colonnes du quotidien français. S´il me demandait de décrocher la Lune, je le ferais. J´avoue, je pleure quand il perd de grands matches. Il est gentil, beau, il a la classe. Quand il me dit bonjour, je tremble de tout mon corps."

Translation:
"The ideal man for me? Roger Federer. He is the perfect guy. If he asked me to take down the moon, I would do it. I cry when he loses the big matches. He is kind, he is beautiful, he has class. When he says "good morning" to me, my whole body trembles".
I wonder if he knows she's :inlove:with him. :lol:

The Kaz
May 27th, 2009, 01:56 AM

http://www.lematin.ch/sports/tennis/marion-bartoli-homme-ideal-roger-federer-75145

"Mon homme idéal ? Roger Federer. C´est l´homme parfait, avoue-t-elle dans les colonnes du quotidien français. S´il me demandait de décrocher la Lune, je le ferais. J´avoue, je pleure quand il perd de grands matches. Il est gentil, beau, il a la classe. Quand il me dit bonjour, je tremble de tout mon corps."

Translation:
"The ideal man for me? Roger Federer. He is the perfect guy. If he asked me to take down the moon, I would do it. I cry when he loses the big matches. He is kind, he is beautiful, he has class. When he says "good morning" to me, my whole body trembles".
I wonder if he knows she's :inlove:with him. :lol:

Maybe there will be a Marion v Mirka catfight! :boxing:

Sund7101
May 27th, 2009, 02:56 AM
I just love Marion. Classic responses.

Mateo Mathieu
May 27th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Marion :hearts:

Melly Flew Us
May 27th, 2009, 03:25 AM
i was cringing and smiling at the same time.

she's funny and forthright and i can't work out whay tati hates her so much.

Hardiansf
May 27th, 2009, 05:14 AM
i was cringing and smiling at the same time.

she's funny and forthright and i can't work out whay tati hates her so much.
jealous maybe? :tape: because of her wimbledon final? I think someone made the thread about this back in 2007.

Anyway... it's really nice to read that interviews. It makes me know more about my faves. :hearts: Thanks to the OP.

Nicolas
May 27th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Marion la Marseillaise :hearts:

lynxy
May 27th, 2009, 09:42 AM

This gushing is like something you find from romantic novellettes for adolescents or the expression of sexual frustration. It makes me wonder if Marion has any real experience with men. It's refreshing that someone is someone is so open without simply insulting people though.

young_gunner913
May 27th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Cute marion. :)

MyskinaManiac
May 27th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Anastasia Rodionova.

AHAHAHAHA!!

volta
May 27th, 2009, 10:51 AM
oh Marion :hearts:

friendsita
May 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Nice