PDA

View Full Version : RG R1: Serena Williams (USA) (2) chokes past Klara Zakopalova (CZE) 6-3 6-7 6-4

Polikarpov
May 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM
:tape:

OZTENNIS
Unbelievable.
She should have won 6/3 6/3 :o
Oh well, hopefully she is in one of those angry moods and can pluck something from nowhere...

Well done to Klara for sticking with Serena and never giving up.

azinna
Klara was like a gnat that kept buzzing and biting. Good fight from her, though.

Serena was her typical up-and-down, 1st-round-of-a-slam self

InsideOut.
May 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM
So much choking, OMG :help:

Effy
blah.. great fight though Klara :kiss: :sad:

Mikey.
:help:

Becool
Omg What A Choke!

Horizon
What a tospy turvy match :help:

High quality first two sets. Klara really took her game to Serena, it was definetely a much better version of their match a few weeks ago.

Serena needs to step it up, however. Wasting 5 match points in R1 against #100 in the world will not do. She nearly lost that match, and had Klara held at 2-1 40-0, who knows what price Serena might have payed for not closing out earlier.

DownTheLine21
There's obviously no excuse for failing to serve out the match, but I thought it was a good match overall. Zakopalova played very well. Great offense and defense from both players.

Sylvester
I've seen Serena celebrating less in Grand Slams finals than today! :haha:

TheBoiledEgg
Kookie krumbled again :bigcry: :( :sad:

Polikarpov
Loved Oracene's reaction!

hingis-seles
This was hilarious. As was Serena's reaction to winning.

darkangel23
Klara :hug:

I really love your attitude!!!

Huntress55
May 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Klara :hug::sad: Great match.

I loved Serena's reaction at the end, shows how much she really wanted to win that :)

RenaSlam.
Step to this.

Ballbasher
Always the same with Serena. :o :lol:
I will stick to the prediction, that she will win RG!

2Black
Great Great Match for Serena though ... Klara seems to have BIG potential. On clay at least

AJZ.
Very enjoyable match :)
What a feisty girl, Klara!!!! I was really impressed with her game today even if she lost. Allez! :)

SVK
Klara:sad::worship::bowdown::kiss:

kman
Serena sounded like she just won French Open.

serenus_2k8
Never in doubt ;)

Klara was amazing tho...such great movement and her bhdtl is just :o

Groenefelder25
a real shame as klara was hitting winners all over the place for a lot of that match, if she just kept it together she could have won it.

eck
Serena looks like she won the slam :rolls:

Oracene trying to mimic Serena :haha:

Michael!
Klara :rolleyes:
Serena was almost out :(

Sean.
:yeah: Serena.
:sobbing: Klara, great effort!

Why does Klara never smile? She had the match in her hands and looked so glum!

Robert-KimClijst
Dear God Serena... Eight match points???

Night fight Zakopalova. :_

Oracene was funny in the crowd.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Come on :fiery:

:inlove:
Oh hai Mathilde. :bigwave: At least you decided to hit to her forehand in those last 4 points. :yeah:

V-MAC
May 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
oh Rena :rolls:

darkangel5452
3rd max then :wavey:

Libertango
Good God. Why Serena, why?!

Congrats to both players.

Diesel
Step to this.

You have so many issues it's beyond hilarious.

Anyway, finally Serena. Goodness Gracious.

volta
fucking HELL :o talk about making your own life difficult :rolleyes:

oh well a win is a win and 1st random slam matches

38-0

:devil:

jefrilibra
The French crowd is really a bunch of idiots.

Lucemferre
:d:d

olivero
I've seen Serena celebrating less in Grand Slams finals than today! :haha:

true.
Thank God she survived, nice recovering after Klara saved dozens of MPs.

Klara, great fight :worship:

toxina90
Great from Klara who seemed to play better from behind, saved match points with amazing winners. :bounce:

NeeemZ
I think inconsistency is an understatement in regards to Serena.

Emina.
omg serena :rolleyes: step it up !!! :( Congrats anyways

starin
wow so much choking from Serena. I haven't seen her choke this bad since Miami 2008 final. Just could not close the match out.

AWFUL performance from Serena. She is moving like Sharapova on a bad day. And serving like Jelena Jankovic on a good day. I don't see how she's going to get to the 2nd week let alone win this.

BUT who care Serena wins a match and keeps her 1st round streak alive. RG is always the slam she'll be the most vulnerable to losing that streak and she was never more vulnerable than now coming into this slam (except AO '06 :tape:) but she pulled through :worship::worship::bounce::bounce:

Coffee&TV
May 26th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Klara :sobbing:

Renalicious
That was a very, very :weirdo: :weirdo: match. Please play better next time. :sobbing:

danieln1
Matchpointrena
Strugglerena
Chokerena
Jumprena

But sometimes she struggles at 1st rounders... koukalova played really, really well, tons of winners, how hantuchova could beat her? :haha: :haha: :haha:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Congrats Serena :yeah:

I was a nervous wreck after she lost serve at 5-4 in the 2nd. I was so worried that she'd blown it.

Some amazing points and some dodgy points, mainly due to the wind. However, it was an exciting match and I'm so glad Serena managed to pull through. She celebrated more with this win than when she beat Dinara in the Oz Open final :lol:

Good luck in the next round :hug:

Mina Vagante
Typical 1st round for Serena :lol:

supergrunt
May 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
that one match point in the second set!!

Taniaaa
:o

supergrunt
what a great match!! women's tennis is boring my butt! :banana:

doni1212
Wow, well the 1st set and half the 2nd was good, :lol:
I'm sure she'll get it together now. Good job, Serena.

IanRadi
Klara was so good with her backhand and Serena kept on playing to that side while Zakopalova's forehand is weaker. :shrug:

Btw do you know why Zakopalova isn't Koukalova anymore? Why did she change it?

Dodoboy.
This is revolting!

My skin itches with disgust! What WAS THAT!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!

Go Home and don't waste your time here if you are going to play that badly! Just terrible! Terrible terrible terrible!

HOWEVER

What a great fight, holding off as very inspired player brimming with confidence. It seemed like Klara NEVER missed, winner after winner after winner. Excruciating for a serena fan, but totally absorbing for a neutral. Please play better Serena! Please! Great reaction from ORACENE at the end :rolls:

starin
TTC commentator was one step away from whipping out a sign and cheering for Zakapalova.

Stamp Paid
May 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I for one was NEVER in doubt :lol::lol:
Get that match play sista

supergrunt
that one match point in the second set?!?

égalité
Klara :sobbing:

I seriously would have bet everything i own that she would fail to hold serve in that final game though :tape:

DragonFlame
Well done to get out of this match serena :yeah: Can't say anything less. I thought the knee would be the problem but you played better then i expected in the third set...

Klara, you played great when you were down! You sucked when you were up. *2-1 40-0 in the third set should have given you the breakthrough. Nonetheless, great great fight on matchpoints. You literally whiped them away with awesome shots. It's serena you were playing anyways.

Awesome first round, great atmosphere out there! ^^

BTW the clips they showed of oracene were so funny. 1 moment she was imitating serena in the second set, then she had a frowned face in disgust, then at the matchpoint imatating again. Awesome footage! :haha:

supergrunt
I don't think Serena will win though. I'm predicting a quarter-final loss. :sad:

Wiggly
Klara coul've lead 3-1 in the final set. :(
She should be very proud of her Marbella win and this huge fight.

Congratulations Serena and good luck for your next match. As a commentator said, she should leard to slide before she hit the ball, so she saves about 2 meters to recover.

Stadia
May 26th, 2009, 04:49 PM
:hug: Klara. She really fought hard.

Serena :yeah: Do well in the next round.

gmokb
Coulda, shoulda won in 2 sets. I don't care. We WON, our record of never losing in the first round remains:dance:

Go Serena, we extract revenge and is in the next round:bounce::bounce:

égalité
Klara was so good with her backhand and Serena kept on playing to that side while Zakopalova's forehand is weaker. :shrug:

She got married? :shrug:

Dodoboy.
May 26th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Thank God her draw is the way it is :tape:

She should PRACTICE :crying2:
Thank God for doubles, return and first serve and volleys need a lot of work!

exoneuk
May 26th, 2009, 04:50 PM
AMAZING match but incredibly topsy-turvy. Went one way and then another and finally Serena carved it out. Thoroughly, thoroughly entertained by that match! Well done Serena!

Sometimes in a match like this, you almost want an upset (perhaps that's the British underdog mentality there!!!) but to be honest, either way, whoever won would have deserved it and Serena deserved it in the end so kudos to both! I'd watch that match again.

homogenius
May 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Klara lost this match more than Serena won it.Pusherena was out there in full force and Kookie was way more agressive than her, hitting some great winners.Too bad that each time she got a lead she got tight and let Serena come back.
Serena is generally not confident on clay, and particularly at FO, but today she really showed how much she's lacking confidence (crying after losing the 2nd set, celebrating Klara's ue ala Ivanovic, and her celebration at the end lol).

But at the end she got through as often and will not be tested in her next match so good news for her.

Noctis
Serena Pull though Tough match conditions make harder serving. Klara was on fire on Mps just can't get through until the 9th one!
Virgina is next please win in 2 here! Go Rena

HRHoliviasmith
Serena you *$@$&! uggggh! I'm a nervous wreck! i can't even enjoy this win. :fiery: :bigcry: :sobbing:

tennisIlove09
May 26th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Um, wow. THIS is the woman that is 'favored' to win this major :help: High drama. Congrats Serena for finally winning a match again. Klara :help:

FERLKE
May 26th, 2009, 04:52 PM
:worship:

great match :hearts:

Valanga
May 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Oooooh Serena's expression is like she has won RG :o
Had kooki hold at 2*-1 final set, I dunno how the match ends :o

2moretogo
Oh god.. eight match points wasted...:help: but at least she won.

Her and Venus are in the doubles draw? I think this is a good thing.

SvetaPleaseWin.
bloody hell that took a while

-VSR-
Rena! :)

Bijoux0021
May 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM

Yep, Serena didn't do a good job staying away from Klara's backhand. She was killing Serena with it, especially during those match points.

mckyle.
Um, wow. THIS is the woman that is 'favored' to win this major :help: High drama. Congrats Serena for finally winning a match again. Klara :help:

I don't think anyone has said that :shrug:

Dinara is the overwhelming favorite for this title.

Serenita
welldone ree

SVK

What??? Klara :help:???? She was AMAIZING!!

Slutiana
May 26th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Oracene. :spit: Great match. I just wish Serena could spare me the heart attacks. :o Do better next time, Serena.

And great play from Klara, she should be ranked waaay higher.

Dave.
May 26th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Great match!!!! Best I've seen in Paris so far this year. Very high quality and lots of drama, better then most 1R's you'll get. Especially good considering the windy conditions.

Good for Serena to finally end her losing streak, in the best possible way. It was beginning to get a bit worrying with all those losses, and this one would have been a huge blow. Serena played well, made alot of balls, but more importantly fought as well as she ever has. I don't think she could have asked for a better way to end her losing streak AND to start her tournament here. Her confidence was down for much of the match but in the end she fought and won and that's all that counts. So many close games, leads lost, fight backs. Serena proved just how difficult she is to beat.

You could tell by the way she started that Serena had lots of respect for Klara who did just beat her 6-1 in Marbella. In this match, we could see why Klara could trouble Serena on this surface, perhaps an indiciation that Klara's win over Serena was not just down to injury as some try to make out. Klara is a wonderful mover and counterpuncher who can take Serena's pace and eventually boss her around the court. Both groundstrokes were great. I thought the forehand was particularly good but she hit many screaming backhand winners too. Her returns were also a thorn in Serena's side, getting her out of position on many of them.

If Klara didn't beat Serena earlier this year, I think she would have lost the match 6-3 6-3 like she very nearly did. But she had the belief she could do it and in the end was part of a great great match. Perhaps just lost the belief when she handed back the early lead in the final set. Well done to both players. :yeah:

Diesel
May 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM

Typical of you but at least you're consistent with your shots at Serena wherever you can find them.

LindsayRulz
What a match :eek:

homogenius
oh and Oracene was a HOT MESS (wtf was that on her head ??)

Becool
Klara lost this match more than Serena won it.Pusherena was out there in full force and Kookie was way more agressive than her, hitting some great winners.Too bad that each time she got a lead she got tight and let Serena come back.
Serena is generally not confident on clay, and particularly at FO, but today she really showed how much she's lacking confidence (crying after losing the 2nd set, celebrating Klara's ue ala Ivanovic, and her celebration at the end lol).

But at the end she got through as often and will not be tested in her next match so good news for her.

serena didn't cry, u are seeing too much..

ElusiveChanteuse
May 26th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Serena still won even moving like a cow.:haha: :worship:
Shame on you Klara.:)

Roookie
May 26th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Serena's movement :tape:. I left when Serena was serving for the match in the second set :help:. WTF happened Ree?.

Olórin
May 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Oh.

Serena wins?

Cue the hate and passively negative comments :lol:

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM

:rolleyes: You were just hoping Serena would lose homosapien.

NeeemZ
May 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I felt bad for Klara because she played unbelievable tennis during the match. Had she kept her nerve when she was up 2-1 40-0, she would have been the winner. Some of her backhand DTL winners when saving match point were incredible.

For Serena, I felt like her serve got her through in that last set. She served about 4 aces at crucial times, and she anticipated a couple of Kookie's second serves excellently. Other than that, I wholeheartedly believe that unless Serena somehow steps her game up alot, she won't be going very far in this tournament.

tennnisfannn
May 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM
surely you have been a fan-in-law long enough to know that the serena who plays rd 1 of slams is rarely the same one who plays later own. If she can hang in there who knows!

gmokb
May 26th, 2009, 05:00 PM
serena didn't cry, u are seeing too much..

No she didn't but she looked like she was about to. I wanted to reach through and shake her. It was during that time that the game sort of turn from her.

Calypso
May 26th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Phew! At least she won. Get you act together, Serena!

homogenius

Klara played better today imo so yes I think it would have been great for her to get the win.A problem with that ?

Destiny
What a heart attack of a match to say i wasn't not anxious or freaking worried would be a liar!!

Some how am not happy she won but i am it's weird!!!

But meh!!! There's nowhere to go up up but hopefully:mad:

Clara was soooooo good it hurt!! really good and calm playing form swear she could have takingke any other player out well done in deed:inlove:

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Klara played better today imo so yes I think it would have been great for her to get the win.A problem with that ?

:lol: Great for a player you're not really a fan of or great that your least favorite player lost? Would you be saying the same thing if Klara played better than someone like Jankovic? You're tune would be different and you know it. :lol:

volta
May 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
i want to see Oracene's reation i missed it :bigcry:

Dodoboy.
May 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM
The perfect R1 record is SAFE :banana:

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM
[quote=Destiny;15727667]What a heart attack of a match to say i wasn't not anxious or freaking worried would be a liar!!

Clara was soooooo good it hurt really good and calm playing form her swear she could have toke any other player oout well done in deed[:inlove:/quote]

:scratch:

saul1333
May 26th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Awesome match.

Too bad for Klara.

harloo
May 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Agreed. Nobody has said Serena's the favorite for the title. Anybody who believes that is foolish considering she's lost four straight matches leading up to the FO.

Br'er Rabbit
May 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM
It's a ashame we all know how Serena plays in rd1 of slams and yet some ppl still like to bash. Anyways my gurl won she's 38-0 in rd 1 in grand slams, she can only do better from here

starin
May 26th, 2009, 05:10 PM
how did Klara lose the match more than Serena won it? :help::tape:
Hell it was lack of confidence and jitters on Serena's part that kept Zakapalova in the match cuz her serve is just canon fodder for Serena. Klara was never likely to hold serve, Serena practically had bp in every single one of Zakapalova' service game.

Destiny
May 26th, 2009, 05:11 PM
[quote=Destiny;15727667]What a heart attack of a match to say i wasn't not anxious or freaking worried would be a liar!!

Clara was soooooo good it hurt really good and calm playing form her swear she could have toke any other player oout well done in deed[:inlove:/quote]

:scratch:

:tape:

:drink:

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 26th, 2009, 05:11 PM
A Jelena fan whinning about Serena's defensive display today :lol:

PS:- Serena was much more aggressive than Kookie, especially on the important points, too bad the wind fucked it up for her, and made her do too many errors

*Jean*
May 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Klara :bigcry: :bigcry:
Missed chance, too bad she let it go at 4-5 in the 3rd, if she had held, she would have won, I'm sure!
Serena was just pathetic, even if I still hope she isn't injured.

AnnaK_4ever
A very entertaining match.

Klara came up with some beautiful shots while being down in sets 2 and 3 but she is way too inconsistent to beat Serena at a grand slam.

Serena's footwork was the worst I've ever seen but her technique, reflexes and will won her the match. R64 should be a cake walk though as Ruano Pascual isn't able to do anything with the ball.

homogenius
:lol: Great for a player you're not really a fan of or great that your least favorite player lost? Would you be saying the same thing if Klara played better than someone like Jankovic? You're tune would be different and you know it. :lol:

I like underdogs so I generally root for them if they're playing well and fighting.I prefer Jelena to Serena so I'd have been pissed off if that happened to Jelena but I'd have been happy for Kookie in the same time cause I know Jelena will win many more matches (same goes for Rena : when you have 10 slams, a loss is not THAT important, while it'd have been huge for Kookie to win).

btw : WHY DO YOU CARE ?

homogenius
May 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM
A Jelena fan whinning about Serena's defensive display today :lol:

PS:- Serena was much more aggressive than Kookie, especially on the important points, too bad the wind fucked it up for her, and made her do too many errors

:spit: :weirdo:

TSequoia01
May 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM

DeJa Vu to the Australian Open. Serena at times played like crap. Dementieva had the form of the tournament. Well her and Vee. What I have learned is, there seems to be a switch in Serena. She struggles, struggles and at some point a switch is clicked. What she does before that is irrelevant, unless she is defeated before it happens. Once that switch changes state look out. :cool:

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 26th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Serena hit more winners than kookie, had way more net approaches, and overall more aggression :shrug:

May 26th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Serena Johansson. :inlove:

Lulu.
May 26th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Well done Ree. :yeah:

Should of won this in straight sets, but perhaps she needed a 3 setter to get herself going.

Absolutely loved her reaction after winning. Good luck in the next round. :)

ce
May 26th, 2009, 05:25 PM
omfg :tape:

The Dawntreader
Thrilling match. Some of the exchanges in the second and third sets were incredible. A wonderful first rounder, which we see so rarely at RG on the women's side.

Serena was playing at a pretty even level up until 5-4 in the second, and the game of Zakopalova started to rise and Serena didn't raise her game enough to counter it. Zakopalova showed what a great precision hitter she is today. She hits lines but with soid margins and her defensive play on clay is as good as any player in the top 20. The weapon she lacked today was a serve. I don't know the exact numbers behind her second serve, but they couldn't have been great.

Serena had no choice but to 'clutch' it out, because Klara was looking increasingly inspired in the latter stages. Although IMO she was being a tad passive, her ability to move and scramble balls back in play with nessecary topspin will serve her well at this tournament. She was moving well considering her lack of movement for the last month or so, and she was sliding into her shots pretty soundly.

This is all gravy for Serena. I'm sure the level will up soon enough. It'll have to.

joăo.
What a match :o

morningglory
May 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM
whew

Matt01
May 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Funny (and good) match. From the middle of the 2nd till the middle of the 3rd set I couldn't stop laughing :lol:

Serena is winning her first match since March and look who is crawling out of his cave :rolleyes:

court70
May 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Matchpointrena
Strugglerena
Chokerena
Jumprena

But sometimes she struggles at 1st rounders... koukalova played really, really well, tons of winners, how hantuchova could beat her? :haha: :haha: :haha:

They bring their best against the williams because when they beat a williams they get notarity. Look what it did for Safina's confidence after she beat Venus.

Uranus
May 26th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Klara was always going to choke it away. She always does that in slams, whoever the opponent is.

winone23
May 26th, 2009, 05:36 PM
great fight Serena!!! Take it round by round.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 26th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Wow, Serena's first win since March :help: Hopefully she'll improve, I'm not expecting too much from Serena this tournament so whatever she does is icing on the cake.

charmedRic
May 26th, 2009, 05:37 PM
:lol: I'm a fan of reena's ...but this would have been kinda interesting to see end up in reverse.

morningglory
May 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
srsly tho I dont remember the last time Serena needed that many mp's to win :tape:

Ciarán
May 26th, 2009, 05:40 PM
:(

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Funny (and good) match. From the middle of the 2nd till the middle of the 3rd set I couldn't stop laughing :lol:

Serena is winning her first match since March and look who is crawling out of his cave :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Anyone can beat an injured Serena as we saw. :rolleyes: Serena is still not close to her best physically because of that injury but this proves that the loss she had to this girl in Marbella on that bum knee was a fluke.

LightWarrior
May 26th, 2009, 05:42 PM
People are being too negative and unfair toward Serena. Sure she choked big time but her opponent played very well and read Serena's game perfectly. Her leg seems to be holding up, that's what matters the most. She was tested today, that will do her good for the next few rounds and will boost her confidence, which she was lacking the last few weeks. She has a good draw. Very entertaining match with all the drama. You could tell she was relieved after mp. Still undefeated in 1st round of a GS.
Wonder why she didn't wave at the crowd at the end though.

Matt01
May 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM
:rolleyes: Anyone can beat an injured Serena as we saw.

You shouldn't underrate your fave that much.

DarkchildSwiss
May 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM
great match, kookie will be added to my fav lists.

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 05:45 PM
You shouldn't underrate your fave that much.

She was hobbling on one leg. It's not just Serena. But anyone can beat an injured Graf, Safina, etc.

Mina Vagante
May 26th, 2009, 05:45 PM
:(

You loved Serena at one point :(

LCS
May 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Oh hai Mathilde. :bigwave: At least you decided to hit to her forehand in those last 4 points. :yeah:

:spit: hilarious!

homogenius
May 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
:rolleyes: Anyone can beat an injured Serena as we saw. :rolleyes: Serena is still not close to her best physically because of that injury but this proves that the loss she had to this girl in Marbella on that bum knee was a fluke.

If this match proved something it's that Kookie's style of play makes Serena struggling a lot (and that Serena's injury has more to do with her brain than with her knee/leg/ankle/whatever)

LCS
May 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Klara beat herself :shrug:

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
If this match proved something it's that Kookie's style of play makes Serena struggling a lot (and that Serena's injury has more to do with her brain than with her knee/leg/ankle/whatever)

Serena's injury has more to do with her brain? :spit: What the hell are you talking about? If you feel throbbing pain whenever you run or move, or your movement is being hampered, what does that have to do with your brain? Your brain just can't tell you to take the pain away. :weirdo:

Douce
May 26th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Fuck that crowd lol...she needs to stop worrying about winning over the crowd, if they dont like you so what?!! They obviously are going to root for the underdogs, they are like that! But yah as others have been saying...prior matches are irrelevant to the next, whether she wins or loses her next one...it is a whole diff day/opponent...she just needs to worry about being the better player on that day. This match was indeed a recipe for disaster= no match play, injury that has hindered much training, low on confidence as a result, an opponent who is steady and feisty, rd 1 of a slam...so just take it for what it is, A WIN!! So haters please fall back

Dave.
May 26th, 2009, 05:51 PM

Well Venus couldn't. :shrug:

If anything, this match proves the match in Spain was not a fluke and that Klara can actually give Serena fits on this surface.

Takes alot to beat Serena, injured or not, as she is such a great fighter. And I don't know why you bring Graf into the conversation, she won countless matches whilst injured, and rarely ever lost to "just anybody".

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Well Venus couldn't. :shrug:

If anything, this match proves the match in Spain was not a fluke and that Klara can actually give Serena fits on this surface.

Takes alot to beat Serena, injured or not, as she is such a great fighter. And I don't know why you bring Graf into the conversation, she won countless matches whilst injured, and rarely ever lost to "just anybody".

Ummm, when Graf was injured in the late 90's she lost to a bunch of players she never even lost to. If she was in full physical shape and not injured there is no way in hell she would have lost to the likes of Julia Halard-Decugis and Amanda Coetzer multiple times in a row. Same with Serena. And Serena rarely loss to "just anybody" either. :rolleyes: So, what are you talking about?

And, that match in Spain was a fluke. Serena was injured and still took it to 3 sets. I give Klara credit, but we all know this match should have been over 6-3, 6-3 when Serena had all those MP's.

starin
May 26th, 2009, 05:54 PM
anyone have video of Oracene's reaction at the end? My livestream cut out at the end.

Geertvg
May 26th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Great fight, Klara!

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 05:55 PM
anyone have video of Oracene's reaction at the end? My livestream cut out at the end.

That was HILARIOUS. :haha:

Douce
May 26th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Good point, I know exactly what u mean here...what homosapien is saying is that her injury is also psychological. That her injury is in the back of her mind at the moment as well, sure there may be some pain still lingering, but it could also be in her mind and shes holding back not to reinjure. Klara probably does give Serena a hard time on clay because she is a solid clay-courter, but that is fine guys...not taking anything away from her but I'm quite sure she would get body-bagged by Serena on any other service...she wouldnt even have time to set up for anything!:devil:

Dave.
May 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Ummm, when Graf was injured in the late 90's she lost to a bunch of players she never even lost to. If she was in full physical shape and not injured there is no way in hell she would have lost to the likes of Julia Halard-Decugis and Amanda Coetzer multiple times in a row. Same with Serena. And Serena rarely loss to "just anybody" either. :rolleyes: So, what are you talking about?

And, that match in Spain was a fluke. Serena was injured and still took it to 3 sets. I give Klara credit, but we all know this match should have been over 6-3, 6-3 when Serena had all those MP's.

Coetzer always gave Graf problems, period. Exactly, Serena doesn't lose to nobodies because she's injured. When she loses, it's because she was beaten by someone playing better than her.

You are not giving Klara credit, you just said her win was a fluke. Did you see those original 5(?) MP's, Klara hit winners on most of them. Serena couldn't have done anything better.

homogenius
May 26th, 2009, 06:00 PM

She laughed at Serena's "over"-reaction and imitated her with her fists and all.She was funny (but she needs to do something with her hair ASAP :help:).

volta
May 26th, 2009, 06:01 PM

the 1m dollar question , i want to see it 2 :(

homogenius
May 26th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Serena's injury has more to do with her brain? :spit: What the hell are you talking about? If you feel throbbing pain whenever you run or move, or your movement is being hampered, what does that have to do with your brain? Your brain just can't tell you to take the pain away. :weirdo:

Did you watch the match ?

RenaSlam.
May 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Serena is a shadow of her former self. Hell, I'd even take her 2007 form over this crap.

She wasn't serving well at all and it translated into the rest of her game. Terrible movement/footwork as well.

REALLY needs to pick it up...thank god they are playing doubles.

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Coetzer always gave Graf problems, period. Exactly, Serena doesn't lose to nobodies because she's injured. When she loses, it's because she was beaten by someone playing better than her.

You are not giving Klara credit, you just said her win was a fluke. Did you see those original 5(?) MP's, Klara hit winners on most of them. Serena couldn't have done anything better.

Coetzer gave Graf problems, but she shouldn't have been beating Graf 3 times in a row. PERIOD. But, that was right before Graf had her reconstructive knee surgery so go figure. And, I disagree. Serena usually loses to nobodies because of injuries as we saw recently. She was injured against Zakapalova and she was injured and retired against Schiavone. Did you even watch those matches? And I did give Klara credit. She played a good match but if Serena stayed focused she would have been off the court in just over an hour.

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Serena is a shadow of her former self. Hell, I'd even take her 2007 form over this crap.

She wasn't serving well at all and it translated into the rest of her game. Terrible movement/footwork as well.

REALLY needs to pick it up...thank god they are playing doubles.

Yep, 2007 was much better at the French open. But, she was healthy then and not coming off a string of losses and recovering from a knee injury. Big difference so can't compare them.

May 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Yep, 2007 was much better at the French open. But, she was healthy then and not coming off a string of losses and recovering from a knee injury. Big difference so can't compare them.

She had played 2 clay tournaments, including one on green clay where she gave a walkover after a round. The other, she lost to Schnyder in Rome (again). :shrug:

Marionated
May 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Good match. Klara has such a nice backhand, shame about the serve though.

Aravanecaravan
May 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
That's a real shame for the World Number 100 that she choked away one she should have won. She had a very easy draw for R1 and it was wide open for her, too. Made too many errors and her opponent had too many lucky shots. But everyone knows it was on Klara's racquet. She'll be back next year.

rjd1111
May 26th, 2009, 06:15 PM
From Worthem's mailbag:

The delusions about the Williams sisters must stop. Serena loses to Patty Schnyder in Rome and then retires in Madrid. Heading into their worst Slam on their worst surface and you still pick Venus to the semis and Serena to win? Are you just confused? Wimbledon is the next Slam. Or are you just as arrogant as Serena? If they both make the semis, I'll send you some swag! -- Todd Bird , Louisville Ky.

• You could also mention that Serena has won at Roland Garros only once (more than half a decade ago), she's winless on clay this year and is running a fever. Am I worried that she was pushed to three sets in her opening win? Don't care, don't care, don't care. Haven't we all been burned enough reading too much into the usual metrics and discounting Serena?

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM
From Worthem's mailbag:

The delusions about the Williams sisters must stop. Serena loses to Patty Schnyder in Rome and then retires in Madrid. Heading into their worst Slam on their worst surface and you still pick Venus to the semis and Serena to win? Are you just confused? Wimbledon is the next Slam. Or are you just as arrogant as Serena? If they both make the semis, I'll send you some swag! -- Todd Bird , Louisville Ky.

• You could also mention that Serena has won at Roland Garros only once (more than half a decade ago), she's winless on clay this year and is running a fever. Am I worried that she was pushed to three sets in her opening win? Don't care, don't care, don't care. Haven't we all been burned enough reading too much into the usual metrics and discounting Serena?

:lol: Anyway, that Todd Bird seems like a straight up redneck country racist. :rolleyes:

Craigy
May 26th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hilarious. :sobbing:

Sammm
May 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
From what I saw Klara was playing so well; not scared at all. I will never understand why she doesn't always play so aggressive.
Serena :help: But I'm not foolish enough to count her out yet.

LightWarrior
May 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Can't believe the WS are playing doubles right now. More evidence that Serena's leg is good.

patricio
May 26th, 2009, 06:44 PM
The French crowd is really a bunch of idiots.
I love them!

John.
May 26th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Phew

Volcana
May 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
From Worthem's mailbag:

• You could also mention that Serena has won at Roland Garros only once (more than half a decade ago), she's winless on clay this year and is running a fever. Am I worried that she was pushed to three sets in her opening win? Don't care, don't care, don't care. Haven't we all been burned enough reading too much into the usual metrics and discounting Serena?There are facts you use in analyzing tennis.
There are facts you use in analyzing tennis at slams.
There are facts you use in analyzing tennis at slams if one of the Williams sisters is playing.

That is, if you care about your analysis actually being correct. Wertheim cares about being right. Take a look. How many slams has Serena won where she was actually the favorite? I'd count that as three. US Open 2002. OZ 2003. OZ 2009. And OZ 2009 is a stretch.

Serena's career accomplishments make total sense if you accept three axioms.

1) She's the best player since Graf
2) She feels slams are more important than regular tour events.
3) She doesn't need the kind of prep ordinary players needs.

Serena's mental and physical health is more predictive of whether or not she wins a slam than any other factor. (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in some order, is whether or not she has to play Venus, Justine Henin, or Jennifer Capriati. But health is #1.)

cn ireland
May 26th, 2009, 06:55 PM
That was very close for Serena!!!

She might just of needed to come through a close match to kick start her GS form.

DarkchildSwiss
May 26th, 2009, 07:04 PM
sometimes it seemed that she had tears in her ears, poor rena.

Becool
May 26th, 2009, 07:17 PM

ears? lol

H.A.M.
May 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
The people in teh crowd are such haters! There was always a prick who was saying "Allez Klara". You could tell they really wanted Donkarena to lose!

Glad she go through this. But she'll have to step it up PRONTO.

дalex
May 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Rena :banana:

Wish I could have watched this. Sounds like fun match and Rena looks great on the pics. :drool:

Play better in the next rounds, babe. :kiss:

Lucemferre
May 26th, 2009, 07:35 PM
:lol: Anyway, that Todd Bird seems like a straight up redneck country racist. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

SAEKeithSerena
May 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
eeek serena. thank God you won this match.

Sally Todd
May 26th, 2009, 07:52 PM
ears? lol

:lol: Yes, the French crowd was tearing her ears worse than a pair of banjee girl earrings :D

:clap2: to Kookie for fighting off so many match points with blazing groundstrokes the second McEnroe and bigmouth Martina started dogging her bad attitude. Her backhand was clutch. But in the end Kookie's serve crumbled.

:) to Serena for getting through. No one builds off a tough close win like her, and now her draw is looking better for a bit. Needs to improve her movement though. :tape:

:lol::worship: to Oracene for her look and her reaction shots. She deserves her own fan club. Best tennis parent by a country mile.

Marshmallow
May 26th, 2009, 08:01 PM
The people in teh crowd are such haters! There was always a prick who was saying "Allez Klara". You could tell they really wanted Donna karanerena to lose!

Glad she go through this. But she'll have to step it up PRONTO.

Truer words never spoken! They applauded for 10 seconds after she made any error in the first set, even if it was a sloppy shot after are 3 stroke rally. It was so shady. To make things worse Crackpalova was ready to die on the court. It looked personal, she was glaring at Serena like Serena stole her man, and I think at one point called Serena a Biatch. I read those shrivelled lips of hers. It was ridiculous. Serena wasn't helping proceedings by squealing at every opportunity like she was being stabbed. That really egged Clara what'shername on.

It was really intense this match, I died like 500 times, but looking back that was VERY entertaining. Match of the tournament so far, and will give the WTA much needed column inches. Williams always gives you something to talk about :bowdown:

Credit Serena also for responding like a champ. It must have been hard considering she was going into the match with virtually no confidence, and it showed = her having trouble putting the match away. It was also interesting that when she calmed down/went quiet she played better. When she was squealing he played worse/Zackpalover played better. Maybe she needs to do the quiet intensity thing more often.

What else? Oh yeah, doesn't Clara look like Patty Schnyder? Lost sisters.

And.. I expect Serena to play better next round and beyond. Having finally won a match with take some pressure off, and she will be keen to improve. All Williams Final = 1 step closer :yippee:

DarkchildSwiss
May 26th, 2009, 08:02 PM

eyes, i mean, little typo

mygirlV
May 26th, 2009, 08:28 PM

I kept saying the same thing, "that girl looks like Patty Schnyder."

Mackep83
May 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM

I kept saying the same thing, "that girl looks like Patty Schnyder."

She walks and act exactly like Patty..

and, Serena have spend to many hours in the gym, those arms will not take her to a FO-final this year

vwfan
May 26th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Typical of you but at least you're consistent with your shots at Serena wherever you can find them.yes, because you are so amazingly upbeat and generaous when it comes to Venus! ;) hiliarious, pot. stopping calling the kettle, black! :lol:

Cat's Pajamas
May 26th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Hilarious. :haha:

But Klara really stepped it up when she was down minus serving at 4-5. :o

Serena :tape: :lol:

Cat's Pajamas
May 26th, 2009, 08:57 PM

What's new. :o

I see GPlayer is still going around calling anyone that criticizes a black person a racist. :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 26th, 2009, 09:02 PM
And by the by Serena's outfit :hearts:

hankqq
May 26th, 2009, 09:05 PM
So glad she got through this!!!!!!! :lol: Doesn't matter what the score is :p ;)

Keep on truckin', Serena :hearts: :rocker2::worship::kiss:

SAEKeithSerena
May 26th, 2009, 09:11 PM
i'm re-watching the match on espn2...the crowd is RIDICULOUS to serena, wtf?

BlameSerena
May 26th, 2009, 09:13 PM
The L Streak is OVER! Keep going, babygirl.

Revenge tastes so good.:devil:

bandabou
May 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Phew..she won it/ All nice. Just the kinda match she needed I guess. Keep it going, one match at a time.

mauresmofan
May 26th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I don't know where you are getting Choke from - sure she was ahead and could have won easily had she hit a winner on a match point but she wasn't allowed to because Klara played those big points really really well - ever heard of credit where credit is due?

Craig.
May 26th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Serena looks so good :hearts: TightRena is back :drool:

Klara :hug:

mauresmofan
May 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM

If you are not a french player Nadal or Federer they always root for the underdog although I'd imagine they'll be rooting for Petrova tomorrow against the banshee.

youizahoe
May 26th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I liked how Klara never gave up, Although it was a chokergame today.

Serena if you cutted the stupid errors, you should have won within 60 minutes.

Diesel
May 26th, 2009, 09:29 PM
yes, because you are so amazingly upbeat and generaous when it comes to Venus! ;) hiliarious, pot. stopping calling the kettle, black! :lol:

Considering I don't go into a wide range of Venus oriented threads like how some of you and your ilk can't seem to stop yourselves from doing whenever Serena is concerned... I don't have to be generous towards Vee :) Hilarious :p

youizahoe
May 26th, 2009, 09:31 PM

The crowd wasn't really that bad, they were chearing on many Serena points. I think it's time to move on, we all know the French crowd was pissed because the tennis sucked so far that day.

Bennguin1491
May 26th, 2009, 09:32 PM
klara :awww:
you played your ass off today and have NOTHING to be ashamed of.
regroup and come back strong in your next tournament!

simonsaystennis
May 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Thank God. I was getting really nervous there...

Bennguin1491
May 26th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Truer words never spoken! They applauded for 10 seconds after she made any error in the first set, even if it was a sloppy shot after are 3 stroke rally. It was so shady. To make things worse Crackpalova was ready to die on the court. It looked personal, she was glaring at Serena like Serena stole her man, and I think at one point called Serena a Biatch. I read those shrivelled lips of hers. It was ridiculous. Serena wasn't helping proceedings by squealing at every opportunity like she was being stabbed. That really egged Clara what'shername on.

It was really intense this match, I died like 500 times, but looking back that was VERY entertaining. Match of the tournament so far, and will give the WTA much needed column inches. Williams always gives you something to talk about :bowdown:

Credit Serena also for responding like a champ. It must have been hard considering she was going into the match with virtually no confidence, and it showed = her having trouble putting the match away. It was also interesting that when she calmed down/went quiet she played better. When she was squealing he played worse/Zackpalover played better. Maybe she needs to do the quiet intensity thing more often.

And.. I expect Serena to play better next round and beyond. Having finally won a match with take some pressure off, and she will be keen to improve. All Williams Final = 1 step closer :yippee:

:lol: :rolleyes:
first of all.
you've obviously never seen klara play before.
she's always glaring at everyone.
second of all.
it's KLARA ZAKOPALOVA.
take your uneducated ass elsewhere.
third of all.
where in here do you give a ounce of credit to the way klara played?

HenryMag.
May 26th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Klara played amazing on the MPs (except the last one).

When she was down, she was great. When she took the lead, she played awful.

Still an amazing fight from her :worship:

Why she doesn't play like that most of the times???

Temperenka
May 26th, 2009, 09:55 PM
the FO has begun. Congrats to both. Awesome match! :bounce:

Marshmallow
May 26th, 2009, 09:58 PM
:lol: :rolleyes:
first of all.
you've obviously never seen klara play before.
she's always glaring at everyone.
second of all.
it's KLARA ZAKOPALOVA.
take your uneducated ass elsewhere.
third of all.
where in here do you give a ounce of credit to the way klara played?

:lol: Dear, if you are going to bring up terms like 'uneducated', make sure you grasp punctunality and grammar. 1. Sentences begin with capital letter. 2. Full stops and Commas have different functions.

In addition, I'm not obligated to give Karol whatever credit if I don't wish to. I didn't think much of the glares and mouthings. But out of the kindness of my own heart, I think battling on Match points down was cute :lol:

Wilson_07
May 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
:lol: Yes, the French crowd was tearing her ears worse than a pair of banjee girl earrings :D

:clap2: to Kookie for fighting off so many match points with blazing groundstrokes the second McEnroe and bigmouth Martina started dogging her bad attitude. Her backhand was clutch. But in the end Kookie's serve crumbled.

:) to Serena for getting through. No one builds off a tough close win like her, and now her draw is looking better for a bit. Needs to improve her movement though. :tape:

:lol::worship: to Oracene for her look and her reaction shots. She deserves her own fan club. Best tennis parent by a country mile.

absolutely!! this woman is hilarious :worship: :lol:

Matt01
May 26th, 2009, 10:07 PM
:lol: Dear, if you are going to bring up terms like 'uneducated', make sure you grasp punctunality and grammar. 1. Sentences begin with capital letter. 2. Full stops and Commas have different functions.

In addition, I'm not obligated to give Karol whatever credit if I don't wish to. I didn't think much of the glares and mouthings. But out of the kindness of my own heart, I think battling on Match points down was cute :lol:

Just because Serena never gives credit to the other players and often acts like a spoiled, arrogant brat, that doesn't mean that you should do the same ;)

G1Player2
May 26th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Just because Serena never gives credit to the other players and often acts like a spoiled, arrogant brat, that doesn't mean that you should do the same ;)

Most of the greats of tennis were called arrogrant and Graf especially and Navraitolva at times were accused of not giving credit to opponents. So, I'l take Serena being called arrogant as a compliment. She's in good company. Better to be labeled arrogant and be able to back it up than a cheater, bad sportsmanship, liar and a quitter like Justine. :lol:

The Dawntreader
May 26th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I wasn't a fan of Serena's press conference today. It really didn't allign to how superbly Zakopalova played.

GoLdEnSeToV
May 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Klara was fatnastic!!!!
Unfortunately Elephant was win ;/;/;/;/

raquel
May 26th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Well done Serena, although I think I'm glad I never saw it :p

Marshmallow
May 26th, 2009, 10:24 PM

Just because... Um... Do you actually have any fav players, or do you just camp out in the forums 24/7 hoping to get your only dose of attention from Williams fans. You don't seem to post about anything else, or do anything else than keep track of Williams/fans. It's just so damn tragic. A wave of sympathy just washes over me whenever I see your name. *SMH*

Matt01
May 26th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Most of the greats of tennis were called arrogrant and Graf especially and Navraitolva at times were accused of not giving credit to opponents. So, I'l take Serena being called arrogant as a compliment. She's in good company. Better to be labeled arrogant and be able to back it up than a cheater, bad sportsmanship, liar and a quitter like Justine. :lol:

And what exactly has Justine to do with this thread? :zzz:

Patrick345
May 26th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Told you Serena wouldn´t lose to Zakopalova, if she cared. She tanked the match in Marbella, and Zakopalova played ten times better tonight than she did in Spain. She played so well, I almost want to strip her of her unofficial world #1 ranking as the worst server in tennis. :p

rucolo
May 26th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Well done, Serena!:D;)
Sweet revenge.:devil:

But it should have been much easier.:o
What a choker you are, Serena.:weirdo:
6-3 5-3 lead!:help:
6-3 6-7 5-2 lead!:help:

I jumped up and down in front of TV and screamed because of this horrible choke (including many stupid errors)!:lol:
Thanks for almost heart attack, Serena!:lol:

Pathetic movement/footwork, Serena.:smash:
You moved like an elephant.:o
Many unforced errors.

A lot to improve, Serena.

But a win is a win!
And you fought, Serena!:yeah:
Good luck in round 2!;)

One good thing: I liked Serenas outfit!:hearts:

The Daviator
May 26th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Doesn't matter how she played, she's still in the tournament, and that's all that matters as far as S. Williams is concerned :cool: And she looked amazing!

Corswandt
May 26th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Of all the matches I have ever watched whose outcome was never in doubt, this was one of the most tightly contested and entertaining. Appallingly played for the most though, some riveting patches notwithstanding.

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 26th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Serena nearly choked herself to death when Klara "fed" her with a poison kookie.... :tape:

I really fear her next match vs VRP now...

sweetpeas
May 27th, 2009, 12:22 AM
All your,,,,kiss me and Serena ASS!!!!!!!!!

Dawson.
May 27th, 2009, 12:30 AM
It was a fun match to watch! Never did I think Serena was going to lose though, even at *2-1 down in the third. I think this will be good for her in the long run. I wouldn't at all be suprised if won the title, this is Serena Williams we are talking about.

Pops Maellard
May 27th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Klara. :sad: I was really rooting for you. :o

V's a star
May 27th, 2009, 01:50 AM
wow i hope Serena is still injured. Cuz if thats how she moves these days regardless of the clay :help:

Melly Flew Us
May 27th, 2009, 02:05 AM
what a fucking mess.

but klara was playing quite well.

madlove
May 27th, 2009, 02:21 AM
shame... it'll be nice to see this sour grape out in 1r. she needs a reality check.

young_gunner913
May 27th, 2009, 02:30 AM
just glad you won. :lol: didnt have to be pretty (it wasnt :tape:) but just glad you won. :)

Koon
May 27th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Funny ending :D

bobbynorwich
May 27th, 2009, 04:29 AM
There's something very odd about "The World's Real Number One" upon beating a no-name #100 ranked player in round one of a Grand Slam celebrating as though she'd actually won the championship itself. Obviously "The World's Real Number One" was thrilled she didn't lose. Weird.

doni1212
May 27th, 2009, 05:23 AM
What? Should she be upset that she didn't lose?
:weirdo:

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 27th, 2009, 06:25 AM
There's something very odd about "The World's Real Number One" upon beating a no-name #100 ranked player...

That "no-name #100 ranked player" is the same player who kicked Serena out in the 1st round of the Marbella tournament a few weeks ago. :help:

wales1994
May 27th, 2009, 10:49 AM
:( I really wanted a massive upset here! Klara has a new fan! :D :drool: If only she could play like that more often :drool:

bobbynorwich
May 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
That "no-name #100 ranked player" is the same player who kicked Serena out in the 1st round of the Marbella tournament a few weeks ago. :help:

Yeah, but Zakopalova is still a no-name.

serenus_2k8
May 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM
There's something very odd about "The World's Real Number One" upon beating a no-name #100 ranked player in round one of a Grand Slam celebrating as though she'd actually won the championship itself. Obviously "The World's Real Number One" was thrilled she didn't lose. Weird.

The only thing weird in here is....you! Serena fought amazingly well and went into that match on the back of her worst streak ever. She deserves to be happy for winning.

Im glad that for every ounce of enjoyment Serena showed, haters like you suffered two ounces of agony and despair. :lol:
Keep rocking Ree :rocker:

Vamos Feńa
May 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM
nice fight by Klara there :) Serena had a great dress ;)

danieln1
May 20th, 2010, 05:14 PM
vJI5YE9qoIU

3:39 - The best is Oracene´s reaction at the end trying to imitate her daughter... i bet she didn´t know what was going on, she seems so relaxed! :haha: :haha:

gmokb
May 20th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Why is this thread back:confused:

Yellow Moon
May 20th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Why is this thread back:confused:
senility, perhaps :shrug:

John.
May 20th, 2010, 05:47 PM
:unsure:

jefrilibra
May 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
wtf is this?

I thought I was in a coma.

Vamos Feńa
May 20th, 2010, 05:58 PM
OMG, I bumped it just to remind some of you what happened last year, and how entertaining this match was. There's no reason to be nasty.

Besides :help: at all of you who thought it's a result from this year, since qualifying didn't even finish, we don't know the draw and there have already been over 200 posts. Especially to Serena fans, who can't remember know the match their fave has played not so long ago... I guess you can only remember GS finals or matches vs Henin... whatever

Stamp Paid
May 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM
OMG, I bumped it just to remind some of you what happened last year, and how entertaining this match was. There's no reason to be nasty.

Besides :help: at all of you who thought it's a result from this year, since qualifying didn't even finish, we don't know the draw and there have already been over 200 posts. Especially to Serena fans, who can't remember know the match their fave has played not so long ago... I guess you can only remember GS finals or matches vs Henin... whateverhttp://i49.tinypic.com/290pmzd.gif
We know what match this is.
Its just stupid to bump a result thread from a shitty first round that should have never been so tighly contested vs a Nobody like Zakopalova FROM A YEAR AGO
Let me go find her 2003 1R AO match vs Loit result thread, and bump it just to remind everybody that it was tightly contested. :weirdo:

All your,,,,kiss me and Serena ASS!!!!!!!!!:sobbing: Where is Mo?!

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 20th, 2010, 08:39 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/290pmzd.gif
We know what match this is.
Its just stupid to bump a result thread from a shitty first round that should have never been so tighly contested vs a Nobody like Zakopalova FROM A YEAR AGO
Let me go find her 2003 1R AO match vs Loit result thread, and bump it just to remind everybody that it was tightly contested. :weirdo:

:sobbing: Where is Mo?!
Get 'em J