PDA

View Full Version : Suckvetadze: The most overrated Russian?

dave1971
May 26th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Surprise, surprise, another early GS loss for you-know-who. She generated so much damn hype in 2007 based on her Mary Pierce mannerisms and hardcourt bashing style, but after she choked away that USO semi to Kuznetsova she has never been the same. I think she delivers the least bang for the buck of any player in the last 5 years.

RenaSlam.
May 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Eh...she's merely a Top 50 player now. I don't view her as anything more or less.

Edinboro
May 26th, 2009, 01:02 PM
To be honest, whatever psychological impact the robbery had on her is affecting her play. Ever since, shes been playing badly. I think she needs help.

Its a terrible shame.

frenchie
May 26th, 2009, 01:03 PM
It's so easy to hit someone who is already down!

She's a good player. She'll come back

MyskinaManiac
May 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM
She's a great player. Even if she plays mostly like shit for the rest of her career, I think she'll always be a loomer in the draw. She'll get back.

dave1971
May 26th, 2009, 01:06 PM
To be honest, whatever psychological impact the robbery had on her is affecting her play. Ever since, shes been playing badly. I think she needs help.

Its a terrible shame.

She was playing badly before the robbery too.

schorsch
May 26th, 2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.250kb.de/u/090526/j/9ba2e20f.jpg

goldenlox
May 26th, 2009, 01:07 PM
She won 7 titles and finished 2007 as world #6.
But she's awful this week. Not that bad in Rome

Edinboro
May 26th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I dont think she was...

US Open semi final, YEC semi final and a Moscow Tier I win

Sectumsempra
May 26th, 2009, 01:08 PM
How is she overrated? She is just as bad as we made her out to be

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Chaky has good numbers for a player of her age

Ciarán
May 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
She is not overrated at all. She is a fantastic player, she had a lot going on in her life and then sort of hit a career crossroads and hasn't come out on the right side yet.

Albireo
May 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM
1. Do not start threads with the sole intention of bashing a player or a fellow poster, or provoking fights between fans.

volta
May 26th, 2009, 01:20 PM

:yeah:

Effy
May 26th, 2009, 01:21 PM
i dont get all this hatred towards Anna :o she IS a good player. She lacks confidence now, hope she comes back stronger

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 26th, 2009, 01:22 PM
To be overrated she has to be considered good!

AndreConrad
May 26th, 2009, 01:25 PM

She's a great player. Even if she plays mostly like shit for the rest of her career, I think she'll always be a loomer in the draw. She'll get back.
Agreed, a lot of players in the top 100 have the skills and only very few can consistently stay in the top 20 for extended period of time if ever. It is only this board that changes its opinion about a player based on win/loss performance over very short period of time. People here despite being tennis fans don't seem to be able to see technical and tactical capabilities, but only statistics.

Keegan
May 26th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I think she's a good player. She obviously has the talent to be a GS winner, but I feel that robbery and home invasion must've affected her negatively and she's never been able to regain her mental strength since then. A GS semi, YEC semi and Tier I title gives us reason to think she's good, therefore no she isn't overrated. She just need to get comfortable again and people hoping that she will be back to her original form isn't making her overrated..

Wonderlander
May 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM
She wasn't a ballbasher back to 2007, she had a smart game and was very enjoyable to watch.
But since USO-07 semi it all had gone. And now I'm afraid she became too fragile mentally to turn things around.

I miss good old Anna... She was really talanted girl. Much more promising than Wozniacki, Cornet, Radwanska, Cibulkova or even Azarenka.

Temperenka
May 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Plenty of potential. Not the head to back it up currently.

Sexysova
May 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM

you do the same with Nicole :o :p

faboozadoo15
May 26th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Why kick her when she's down?

Her tennis requires a lot of confidence because there's complexity in the execution of her intelligent play. If she were merely a ballbasher, her results would likely have weathered the storm of whatever personal crises she's going through at the moment.

Chaky IS a good player, and I agree, much more talented than her contemporaries who are achieving more at the moment. Still, however, she has a good list of accomplishments for a player her age.

ce
May 26th, 2009, 01:41 PM
its a shame :sad:
she is not overrated :weirdo:

toxina90
May 26th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Surprise, surprise, another early GS loss for you-know-who. She generated so much damn hype in 2007 based on her Mary Pierce mannerisms and hardcourt bashing style, but after she choked away that USO semi to Kuznetsova she has never been the same. I think she delivers the least bang for the buck of any player in the last 5 years.

I think the same thing happened with Daniela when she choked in AO last year, hasn't been the same since really...:(

AnnaK_4ever
May 26th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I dont think she was...

US Open semi final, YEC semi final and a Moscow Tier I win

She lost early at Moscow 2007. She won the title the previous year.

InsideOut.
May 26th, 2009, 05:22 PM
She isn't overrated. She's one of the most underrated Russians, by many TFers who only ever saw her woeful USO SF. At her best she was anything BUT a ballbasher. She constructed points beautifully, anticipated well, and made very few unforced errors.

Ingokoer
May 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I think Vaidisova was overrated much for only having won Mickey Mouse tournaments and than nothing for years.

I think Chak has huge talent but the problem is her awful attitude and childish behaviour on court. Maybe she isn't still grown up and not intelligent enough to see that shouting and arguing to herself will let her loose concentration and so it will let her lose all her matches.

By the way she had this horrible behaviour already at her short peak.

MistyGrey
May 26th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Chaky! :hug:

Mynarco
May 26th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I remembered seeing her play in HK this year, I feel like she has weapons, but somehow she lacks the willpower to win a match. She is mentally vulnerable right now, but I am sure she would be back.

Expat
May 26th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I despise Chakvetadze and her game but nowhere is she the most overrated. That is Kirilenko

Ju's backhand
May 26th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I don't really think she's overrated. Though it's such a shame that players like her and Vaidisova are in a slump, they had such promissing starts to their careers.

Richie's
May 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I still wonder (and it's about 5-6 months now)... How Anna is a Top 30 player????

Lennval
May 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
xaxexaxe :hug:

Ellen Dawson
May 26th, 2009, 09:57 PM
For about 3 mos (a few yrs ago), I thought Anna had Sharapova potential but realized how wrong I was. She simply doesn't have the confidence to reach the next level. She falls into that category of having a solid foundation to cultivate into a great player but her mental fragility holds her back big time. It's sad.

Cat's Pajamas
May 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM
She's anything but overrated right now. :o

I just pray that the belief comes back someday. :sobbing: :sad: She has the game and talent but ever since her USO SF and home invasion she has been so fragile. It's hard Chaky but chin up! :awww: