PDA

View Full Version : God love Fred Stolle, but...

Dani12
May 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
He is too old and uniformed to be commentating still...:lol:

He keeps referring to Jankovic as the current no.1 in the world.

Every second sentence is about the "old days" or "players these days".

If a co-commentator makes a joke, he ruins it by not realizing it as a joke. Making for an awkward next minute or so.

Any other Australian's watching this have any thoughts?

Привет
May 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm not watching but someone who is told me that he referred to Jankovic as the number 5 seed, but then for some reason named her the world number 1... :scratch: :lol:

He is a nice commentator, but it is probably time for him to retire. I will miss him though! :sad:

Nikkiri
May 26th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I'm not watching but someone who is told me that he referred to Jankovic as the number 5 seed, but then for some reason named her the world number 1... :scratch: :lol:

He is a nice commentator, but it is probably time for him to retire. I will miss him though! :sad:

I thought I heard that... he's like number one player in the world but seeded number 5 here or something :silly:

Alizé Molik
May 26th, 2009, 12:13 PM
at least he's better than wally massur who appears bored during womens matches and so latches onto something to say (usually a comparison to a male player, or bitchy things to say about one of the girls) and thats all he says over and over for the entire match...you'd think he was a former world #1 the way he craps on.

Привет
May 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
:rolls: Oh Fred! :hug: If you aren't able to realise that a player seeded 5 at RG is probably not the current world number 1, it might be time to move on...

Привет
May 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Wally Masur? Who? :confused:

Dani12
May 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM
at least he's better than wally massur who appears bored during womens matches and so latches onto something to say (usually a comparison to a male player, or bitchy things to say about one of the girls) and thats all he says over and over for the entire match...you'd think he was a former world #1 the way he craps on.

Yeah I agree with that, I enjoy Wally when he is commentating a men's match but when he is commentating a women's match which he should never do its absolutely painful, he is so patronizing and rude towards the women it just makes you feel anxious and uncomfortable watching it.

Renalicious
May 26th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I agree with Wally Masur and Women's Matches. *Cringe*

And I love Pratty but she is soooo effing annoying. After Kuznetsova lost to Serena in the AO 09, blowing a big lead, she was asked if 'Kuznetsova has a reputation for blowing leads?' and Pratt said 'No, I don't think so.' .... :spit: :haha: :haha:

pollison
May 26th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Wally Massur isnt the best commentator.

Dave.
He is too old and uniformed to be commentating still...:lol:

He keeps referring to Jankovic as the current no.1 in the world.

Every second sentence is about the "old days" or "players these days".

If a co-commentator makes a joke, he ruins it by not realizing it as a joke. Making for an awkward next minute or so.

Any other Australian's watching this have any thoughts?

I have matches from 12 years ago where he was still saying that :o

He has one of the worst voices in commentating ever, I can't stand it.

Привет
Yeah I agree with that, I enjoy Wally when he is commentating a men's match but when he is commentating a women's match which he should never do its absolutely painful, he is so patronizing and rude towards the women it just makes you feel anxious and uncomfortable watching it.

You could probably substitute John Newcombe into there and it'd be just about right, too. He never seems to have much to say about any female player who isn't Mauresmo or Henin.

pollison
ha.
Im not listening to him at this tourney but at the hopman cup Fred Stolle makes me laugh!

Though he makes one to many references to the 'olden days in tennis' or 'when i was playing...'

Alizé Molik
May 26th, 2009, 12:21 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Masur for you privyet

danimoo; i'm so glad you agree because I thought i was going insane listening to this guy! I think the poor british girl with him was like who is this wanker!

Sectumsempra
May 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM
When Diatchenko/Johansson were at 6-6 in the third set the other day, he thought it was a third set TB :spit:

TS
May 26th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I say let's enjoy Fred while he's still around. We all know he a senile old dolt, but it just won't be the same once he drops off the perch.

OZTENNIS
May 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Lucie Ahl is the British women commentating for FS3.
Usually they have Josh Eagle and Barbara Schett on FS, glad they aren't this year :)

I agree 100% with the comments made about Fred Stolle. He is stuck in the 1960s and he is restricted to old ways...
But I think John Newcombe is one of the best and most informative commentators out there. He and Stolle still make a great team for Wimbledon commentary.

I don't really like Mark Woodforde, he makes mountains out of mole hills.
Wally Masur is okay but he can be annoying too.

Todd Woodbridge is the best of the recently retired, Kerryn Pratt is the best female commentator and Darren Cahill is the best coach commentator (from Australia)

TS
May 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Lucie Ahl is the British women commentating for FS3.
Usually they have Josh Eagle and Barbara Schett on FS, glad they aren't this year :)

I agree 100% with the comments made about Fred Stolle. He is stuck in the 1960s and he is restricted to old ways...
But I think John Newcombe is one of the best and most informative commentators out there. He and Stolle still make a great team for Wimbledon commentary.

I don't really like Mark Woodforde, he makes mountains out of mole hills.
Wally Masur is okay but he can be annoying too.

Todd Woodbridge is the best of the recently retired, Kerryn Pratt is the best female commentator and Darren Cahill is the best coach commentator (from Australia)

Kerryn :hearts: One of the best commentators ever.

Привет
May 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Kerryn Pratt is amazing! Love her.

And Mark Woodforde is oddly enjoyable, I find. His weird little voice always dramatising every little thing that happens during a women's match... ahhhh :D It wouldn't be Wimbledon without it!

Foot's Fingers
May 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Damn It

You should listen to some Russian ES commentators who can't recognize the players names surmnames countries Total mess

tennnisfannn
May 26th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I love both kerry pratt and John newcombe, they are so fairt to all players. Alexander Stone i hated for so long but I can now tolerate him. he has had to eat his words about my favs.

Hashim.
May 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
and now again he said..

no.5 seed and no. 1 player in the world is through:sobbing::o

Renalicious
May 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Wally Masur is on!!

Alizé Molik
May 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
rofl and started craping on about kick serves again! he was so rude about marion yesterday and even lucy was like omg giver her credit when she wins points...

Nikkiri
May 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
and now again he said..

no.5 seed and no. 1 player in the world is through:sobbing::o

:haha:

Renalicious
May 26th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Been surprsingly nice to Kuzzie. :eek:

But i guess because she's one of the most 'technically' sound players on the WTA.

I'd like to see him commentate on a Diatchenko match. :spit:

So Disrespectful
May 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Sometimes he wheezes directly into the microphone for about 10 seconds after making a comment.

aussie_fan
May 26th, 2009, 12:48 PM

Really, I find they both speak so much dribble. Newcombe can be ok but Stolle is just far too old now. The only good thing about these two is when they are commentating on Lleyton's matches, they are so pro-lleyton, i like it but not sure many others do.

Woodforde is even worse than those two, hate his voice, hate everything about his commentary. And to think the other woods, tood is probably my favourite commentator.

Привет
May 26th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Todd is bad. I just don't enjoy listening to him at all.

jack21
May 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Really, I find they both speak so much dribble. Newcombe can be ok but Stolle is just far too old now. The only good thing about these two is when they are commentating on Lleyton's matches, they are so pro-lleyton, i like it but not sure many others do.

Woodforde is even worse than those two, hate his voice, hate everything about his commentary. And to think the other woods, tood is probably my favourite commentator.

I agree with the pro Lleyton thing. I like Newcombe but every year we have to read articles about him predicting that Lleyton will rise back to the top of the game (Sorry John but it aint happening no matter how many times u say it :lol:).

#1SteffiGraf#1
May 26th, 2009, 01:08 PM
You guys need to lighten up. sheesh does everyone need to be perfect? He is an icon of tennis, appreciate him. I actually hope he starts calling Serena "Steffi" and Ana "Chrissy"!

GO FRED!!!

Alizé Molik
May 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
yeah i like fred because he never slags the players off, he's always respectful.

The Witch-king
May 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Lol i agree with everything in this thread. Especially that Wally guy! Fred is SO dry! And these Australians are obsessed with Sharapova

eck
May 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
He called Djokovic "Djokovike" and then something else really random :tape:

And I hate it when commentators talk when play is in progress. I mean, no one wants to hear you talk :tape:

Langers
May 26th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Fred Stolle is losing his mind. When one of the girls had game point at 5*-6 in the THIRD SET, he said, "to send it into a tiebreak. :help:

The entire Fox team is pretty ordinary. This French guy tries but he talks SO MUCH and during the point. :o I want the 3 MS guys, Goodall, Adler and Koenig.

Davodus
May 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Sometimes he wheezes directly into the microphone for about 10 seconds after making a comment.

i hate his wheezing so much :o it drives me insane

and the way he just continues to wheeze right into the microphone after he says something :mad:

Langers
May 26th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I like the British woman.

I like Todd Woodbridge actually, can be annoying, but generally quite informative.

Woodforde is annoying, Masur is okay but I want to comitt suicide when it's Fed/Nadal as he is sooooo pro Federer.

bubble
May 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I like him. Whenever he is commentating Dinara's match, he always comments that up coming players should look at Dinara's photo now and 2 years ago to see how much work she has put in her fitness. He is very impressed with Dinara 's physique.

Dani12
May 27th, 2009, 07:19 AM
The thing is like about Fred is that he is very polite, generally is very fair and very complementive of players. His wheezing though :o

I don't like Koenig, I think he is an ok commentator...but his accent kind of annoys me, but I like other south african accents don't get me wrong..there is something annoying about his :)

Davodus
May 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Fred Stolle is losing his mind. When one of the girls had game point at 5*-6 in the THIRD SET, he said, "to send it into a tiebreak. :help:

The entire Fox team is pretty ordinary. This French guy tries but he talks SO MUCH and during the point. :o I want the 3 MS guys, Goodall, Adler and Koenig.

this is really annoying :o it is almost every point he is just talking away and it is really distracting
he tries hard but someone needs to just give him a shhh during the points

GeeTee
May 27th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I love both kerry pratt and John newcombe, they are so fairt to all players. Alexander Stone i hated for so long but I can now tolerate him. he has had to eat his words about my favs.

Alexander Stone??

You mean John Alexander or Allan Stone??? or both?? :)

pav
May 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I just heard Fred still has CWozbutt as his pick to win

Golovinjured.
May 27th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I was gonna start a thread about this yesterday. I heard him say it once, and then I thought someone would have taken him aside and informed him of the fact that Jankovic is not the #1 player in the world, but no. They let him keep making a fool of himself.

Kerryn Pratt and Barbara Schett should commentate all the womens matches. Babs :inlove:

P.S. He's still talking about how '___ years ago it used to be like'. Friggin dinosaur. :weirdo:

Rising Sun
May 27th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Really??? I've always found John Newcombe to be one of the most biased commentators out there. Can't stand him. :rolleyes:

Kerryn Pratt, however. :worship:
It's too bad she was put on the sidebench for most of the AO this year, since they decided to put Alicia Molik for most of the WS matches... :help:

Golovinjured.
May 27th, 2009, 10:03 AM

I KNOW OMG HE WILL NOT SHUT UP! Who is he anyway?

Mark Woodforde :weirdo: I heard him say something about how pretty the girls looked and that 'she better be careful she doesn't break a nail' when Niculescu was opening her drink bottle. :weirdo::weirdo: He also savaged Lapentti when he retired hurt.

Plus, he's a ranga. You can't really tell when you're listening to him commentate, but you just know he is one. :o

Привет
May 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Kerryn better be back for most women's matches at Wimbledon with Nine's coverage! If not I'll be so pissed...

Sectumsempra
May 27th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Stolle thinks Wozniacki is going to win RG 2009 :tape: What the fuck? :spit:

Mikey.
May 27th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Christ I hate Wally Masur :sobbing: Fred is great though :D

InsideOut.
May 27th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Oh yeah the guy who savaged Lapentti when he retired :weirdo:... WTF? The guy needs treatment even if he can still walk. :smash:

Mikey.
May 27th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Does anyone else hate how Woodbridge is always saying how crap certain players serves or volleys are? :sobbing: I swear every time Marion is on FS he's there commentating saying how bad her service motion is. :o

InsideOut.
May 27th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I actually can't tell the commentators apart. But, on day 1 during Ana's first round, she misses her first serve, and wins the point on her second serve and some annoying woman goes - "SUCH a difference when she makes her first serve!" :tape:

Привет
May 27th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Does anyone else hate how Woodbridge is always saying how crap certain players serves or volleys are? :sobbing: I swear every time Marion is on FS he's there commentating saying how bad her service motion is. :o

Woodbridge doesn't really ever have too much that's nice to say about a player unless they give him a boner. :tape:

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 27th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Woodbridge doesn't really ever have too much that's nice to say about a player unless they give him a boner. :tape:

same with Andrew Castle, and its only Nadal that does that for him

Davodus
May 27th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I KNOW OMG HE WILL NOT SHUT UP! Who is he anyway?

Mark Woodforde :weirdo: I heard him say something about how pretty the girls looked and that 'she better be careful she doesn't break a nail' when Niculescu was opening her drink bottle. :weirdo::weirdo: He also savaged Lapentti when he retired hurt.

Plus, he's a ranga. You can't really tell when you're listening to him commentate, but you just know he is one. :o

It is Guillaume Raoux, some mediocre french tennis player from the 90's
He doesn't do a bad job, but he just never shuts up during points, and it is so annoying

Woodforde was rude yesterday, calling lapentti 'soft'

TS
May 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM
So we can establish that he prefers commentating for ATP matches then.

So Disrespectful
May 27th, 2009, 11:35 AM
So we can establish that he prefers commentating for ATP matches then.

If Nicolas Lapentti doesn't give him a boner, no one will. :drool:

eck
May 27th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Anyways commentators pick to win:

Wade - Safina, Djokovic
Walter Bartoli - Safina, Federer
Forget - Safina, Rafa
Imran Mirza - Venus, Rafa (?)
Masur - Safina, Rafa
Stolle - Wozniacki :tape:, Rafa
Anabel - Roger, Safina

Shafanovic.
May 27th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I hate Roger Rashit. He's so biased :o

I know we all are but he's a freaking commentator for fuck's sake

Shafanovic.
May 27th, 2009, 12:05 PM

His hotness makes up for it

Alizé Molik
May 27th, 2009, 12:14 PM

that's masur i'm pretty sure! he hates marion.

Mikey.
May 27th, 2009, 12:18 PM
that's masur i'm pretty sure! he hates marion.

:lol: No I was thinking of Woodbridge... but yeah Masur picks on almost every woman player. He's a real douche. :o

Lindsayfan32
May 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I can't watch the French as I don't have pay tv and really care for clay court tennis. But I've heard Fred at Wimbledon and I totally agree with the original poster. He should've retired about three or more years ago he just making fool of himself now. They always seem to put him on the women matches too and he's just plain annoying. Noe Alcia Molik is retired why don't give her a go if the aren't already.

Xanadu11
May 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I wish I had foxtel. I would even put up with Fred. I agree he is horrible. In fact I find most Australian commentators annoying. Although no one could be more annoying then roger rasheed, how many times can you use a boxing analogy in one match?

I was just watching sports tonight and the journalist referred to JJ as world no.1 :o I guess hes been listening to Fred....

jack21
May 27th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Omg roger is so bad when commentating womens matches, what about him perving on Venus's butt:help:. Although that was also the sicko camera mans fault lol.

Привет
May 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Maybe some people are just so unaware of what's going on in the WTA that they honestly think Jankovic is still the number 1... :shrug:

Golovinjured.
May 28th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Julie Groth :bigcry::bigcry:

Dani12
May 28th, 2009, 09:15 AM
:lol: I was just about to say that! and he teases Lucy about having trouble with saying Cetkovska.

Привет
May 28th, 2009, 09:15 AM

:speakles:

Fred at it again?

Davodus
May 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
:haha: i heard julie groth

:lol: poor old fred

Nikkiri
May 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM

Привет
May 28th, 2009, 09:23 AM
:lol: I was just about to say that! and he teases Lucy about having trouble with saying Cetkovska.

To be fair, Fred's problem isn't with pronouncing player's names correctly, it's with remembering their names in the first place! ;)

Golovinjured.
May 28th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Why is he commentating all these womens matches? Dirty, old perv. :(

Dani12
May 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Haha, someone please tell Fred that seeds and ranks are the same at Roland Garros. He is still calling Jankovic the no.1 in the world.

Golovinjured.
May 28th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Why won't anyone just tell him? ..actually, they probably did and he forgot already. Senile. :tears:

Nikkiri
May 28th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Haha, someone please tell Fred that seeds and ranks are the same at Roland Garros. He is still calling Jankovic the no.1 in the world.

Omg he's still doing it? :bigcry:

Golovinjured.
May 28th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Did he just say that 'he's aware she was the #1 at the end of the year' ? Someone must have told him.

Wreck our fun why don't you. :(

hilluis
May 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Still a ning nong

eck
May 28th, 2009, 09:55 AM
:sobbing:
He said "I know this is a long shot, but I think Rafa will win" or something like that

Привет
May 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
We should start a collection of 'Fredisms'. :rolls:

Dani12
May 28th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Very good idea! :lol: I can imagine Julie really catching on.

eck
May 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
:speakles:

At least he knows Roger's ranking and seed :angel:

Shafanovic.
And the set goes to the number 1 player, seeded number 5 here. :unsure:

The Witch-king
Fred- they play best of five in slams now.
OH REALLY?

Shafanovic.
May 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
OMG :bigcry:

Keadz
May 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Haters, leave Fred alone. :sad:

He is the best commentator we have here. He is pretty much doing every match!

Love his double chin :hearts:

Clearly from now on, Gadjasova will be known as Julie.

Привет
May 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
^^ How could you think people are hating? :sad: This is merely a celebration of the greatness that is Fred. :rocker2:

Sectumsempra
May 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
He called Magdalena Rybarikova "Elena Rybarikova"...mind u the other day Masur called Dushevina "Elena Dushevina" :tape:

Yeah we need to keep tab of all the Fredisms as someone said :lol: He's had so many more but ive forgotten some...

Golovinjured.
May 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
So Jankovic is #1, Groth is Julie, and all Russians are now named Elena.

:worship::worship: Fred is Gospel :worship:

Renalicious
May 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
"It must be such a great experience for young Elena Rybarikova to play the #1 in the world and No. 5 seed here. :hearts:"

Shafanovic.
May 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I love him though :)

Mattographer
May 28th, 2009, 11:36 AM
:rolls:

Did he really say these stuff? FoxSports doesn't provide subtitles but I don't need to listen to commentators, anyway. I usually turn it off while watch tennis cos sometimes they doesn't know how to shut up :o

Привет
May 28th, 2009, 11:42 AM
A Collection of 'Fredisms'

Jankovic gets a rankings bump
"number one player in the world but seeded number 5 here"

"no.5 seed and no. 1 player in the world is through"

"Haha, someone please tell Fred that seeds and ranks are the same at Roland Garros. He is still calling Jankovic the no.1 in the world."

"And the set goes to the number 1 player, seeded number 5 here."

""It must be such a great experience for young Elena Rybarikova to play the #1 in the world and No. 5 seed here."

Sveta, the dominant frontrunner! - guest appearance by Nicole Pratt, so really a 'Prattism' but I had to mention it anyway
"After Kuznetsova lost to Serena in the AO 09, blowing a big lead, she was asked if 'Kuznetsova has a reputation for blowing leads?' and Pratt said 'No, I don't think so.'"

Didn't play like that in the 'good ole days'...
"When Diatchenko/Johansson were at 6-6 in the third set the other day, he thought it was a third set TB"

"When one of the girls had game point at 5*-6 in the THIRD SET, he said, "to send it into a tiebreak."

Those Eastern European pronunciations are hard for everyone, Fred!
"He called Djokovic "Djokovike" and then something else really random"

Julie Groth...

BombShEelLL PREDICTIONS!
"He said "I know this is a long shot, but I think Rafa will win" or something like that"

Keeping us updated with the latest rule changes!
"they play best of five in slams now."

If you're from Eastern Europe and you're female, you're Elena. Unless you're Jarmila, then you're Julie.
"He called Magdalena Rybarikova "Elena Rybarikova"...mind u the other day Masur called Dushevina "Elena Dushevina""

"It must be such a great experience for young Elena Rybarikova to play the #1 in the world and No. 5 seed here. "

TS
May 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM
So that's where the Julie thing came from? Fred?

Fiery :worship:

W!MBLEDON
May 28th, 2009, 01:04 PM
julie groth :yeah:

fucking loser of a commentator, too old and senile

wouldn't even have a go at pronouncing 'kudryavtseva..' seriously, they taught you in school to break the word down and try to pronounce it, he's 70... his eyes must be going

Davodus
May 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
before when they showed wozniak's score he said "this is wozniak, there's a couple of wozniacki's but this is wozniak who is actually from canada"

a couple of wozniacki's :sobbing:

TS
May 28th, 2009, 01:12 PM
wtf is going on with this Jankovic thing?!?! It's spiralling out of control. Now the Sports Tonight presenter has just said "womens world no.1 Jelena Jankovic has won through to the 3rd round", whilst the actual reporter mentioned that "she finished last year at the top but slipped in 2009. Now she is back in the top spot".

What.The.Fuck :confused: Looks like Fredisms have spread.

Davodus
May 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
fernando gonzalez is now francisco gonzalez :lol:

The Witch-king
May 28th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Oh yeah francisco ! I thought i misheard that. Pam Shriver called him that once too.

Sectumsempra
May 28th, 2009, 01:47 PM
When the result of Czink df. Bammer was brought up, he said "Sybille Hammer" :tape:

Sectumsempra
May 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Keep adding to the Fredisms! :D

P.S. U should also add his prediction that Wozniacki will win the women's :tape:

eck
May 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I said that earlier :angel:

For some reason, Australians love to call it Francisco Gonzalez :tape:

Davodus
May 28th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Keep adding to the Fredisms! :D

P.S. U should also add his prediction that Wozniacki will win the women's :tape:

which one :tape: he said there were two :lol:

cellophane
May 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
:lol: at Jelena still being number 1

eck
May 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Christophe RoCAS :sobbing:

Oh wow, you can really hear him wheezing. :tape:

nevetssllim
May 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
When the result of Czink df. Bammer was brought up, he said "Sybille Hammer" :tape:

:lol:

eck
May 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Oh, this was possibly the best one: When Bernard Tomic was down 6-1 2-2 in the second set, Fred said..........."look out for an upset there" :tape:

Sectumsempra
May 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Just remembered...again with the Bammer/Czink result, he said something like "Czink prevailed 10-8 in a tie...in the third set. Tiebreaks don't occur in the final sets of Grand Slams."

For the first time Fred has learnt something! :eek: Nice to see he learnt from his mistake when he thought Diatchenko/Johansson was a TB at 6-6 last Sunday.

Nice to see he can still learn at 105 years of age :hearts:

Sectumsempra
May 28th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Oh yeah and I swear he said Johansson is 19 years old...um she's 24 :shrug:

Oh, this was possibly the best one: When Bernard Tomic was down 6-1 2-2 in the second set, Fred said..........."look out for an upset there" :tape:

Omg are u serious? :rolls: I missed that one. I wish I'd recorded all of these and made it into a YouTube video :hearts:

TS
Another Fred tradition - calling every single female tennis player "...and this young lady". Kinda cute.

TS
^ Probably because he cannot remember their name :)

eck
May 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
"You can't slide on hard, and it's even harder to slide on clay...BUT it's ALL Roger Federer now!"

Wow he links up two random things flawlessly. :hearts:

May 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
i swear he just called sybille bammer, sybille hammer

Medina
May 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Sorana

Serstia

eck
May 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
"My pick for Wozniacki is getting better"

He added a mini chyme in the "getting better" part :tears:

eck
May 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
He called Lucy Arland Lucy Arnold :sobbing:

Bye Fred :bigwave:

Привет
May 28th, 2009, 10:17 PM
:rolls: I'm going to start another thread so that it's easier to update these! :haha:

Привет
May 29th, 2009, 12:22 AM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=380412 :hearts: