PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the Venus Williams interview on Tennis Channel, and....

Pureracket
May 26th, 2009, 05:05 AM
...I gotta tell ya', Venus seemed like she was in a different interview than the one the interviewer was given.
I'm an HUGE fan of hers, but I always cringe @ her interviews. They are so guarded, and they come across as forced and awkward.

Every answer tonight was, "I just focus on my game and the positives." The guy asked her about the draw, "I just focus on my game and the positives." He asked her about strategy, "I just focus on my game and the positives.":sad:

Gumbycat
May 26th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I think one of the Tennis Channel Commentators said some negative things about "certain players interviews." I think that the Williams Clan in the US phoned Venus and Serena about this. This would account for the canned response.

Pureracket
May 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I think one of the Tennis Channel Commentators said some negative things about "certain players interviews." I think that the Williams Clan in the US phoned Venus and Serena about this. This would account for the canned response.I don't see why she would've agreed to give one, then. This wasn't WTA interview.

Libertango
May 26th, 2009, 09:35 AM
She's my fave; but her interviews are so often a bit ..*ouch*. "Guarded" is definitely the word; minimal answers; seems quite...distrusting. She's only great in interviews once a tournament is over (and she won LOL) or on a TV show or something.

fifiricci
May 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Watching WS interviews is always slightly less interesting than watching paint dry.....................

Dodoboy.
May 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I love Venus, in every way shape and form!

I love that she does this. They don't deserve her words - I wish i could see her being dry to them. http://www.bwboard.net/Smileys/smil/nono.gif

The Witch-king
May 26th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I was watching a montage of player interviews today and they are ALL boring and generic as hell. Doesn't help that they get asked the same questions all the time either.
Serena is the only player who gives interesting interviews. Maybe Roddick, but only when he loses and turns on the melodrama.

chuvack
May 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM
In all the times I have ever heard her speaking, Venus has never had much of interest to say. Some people are interesting to talk to; others are not. Tennis players often have boring personalities. Roddick or Marat are interesting, but they are quite the exception.

RenaSlam.
May 26th, 2009, 06:39 PM
She was great on Larry King Live after she won Wimbledon last year...looked stunning too :hearts:

Paneru
May 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Everyone is different.
If Venus chooses to be guarded that is her prerogative.

Besides, Venus always has her moments. Sometime full of giggles and upbeat.
Other times serious and stoic.

Becool
May 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
well venus is boring

winone23
May 26th, 2009, 06:53 PM
well venus is boring

No she's not. You don't attract the likes of André Leon Talley if you're boring.

Slammer7
May 26th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Venus used to be more open when she was a teenager, but she was beaten down by allllll the criticism and complaining so she has been very cautious and guarded since. She gives them nothing in interviews so they can't stir up controversy.:p She does only open up in non-tennis interviews and after slams.:D I totally agree with it,:yeah: because when she spoke her mind all she did was catch hell. She speaks up about the big issues. Oh, and TTC interview started off with the guy basically asking her did she feel old.:o So how do you think she should respond to that? I would be dry and give him nothing if that was the first question to me.:shrug:

Vlover
May 26th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Nothing new, as Venus has been known to give generic answers to these interviews. Actually she has stated that she hates them and only do them out of obligation. I don't blame her anyway because we all know the deal, that the media is just fishing for negative things therefore the less said the better for her.

gmokb
May 26th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Serve them right. These interviewers always ask such dumb questions anyway.

2Black
May 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Venus used to be more open when she was a teenager, but she was beaten down by allllll the criticism and complaining so she has been very cautious and guarded since. She gives them nothing in interviews so they can't stir up controversy.:p She does only open up in non-tennis interviews and after slams.:D I totally agree with it,:yeah: because when she spoke her mind all she did was catch hell. She speaks up about the big issues. Oh, and TTC interview started off with the guy basically asking her did she feel old.:o So how do you think she should respond to that? I would be dry and give him nothing if that was the first question to me.:shrug:

Totally agree ... the media always fishing for a story. Even then, sometimes they find an "anonymous" source :lol:

Haute
May 26th, 2009, 07:18 PM
No she's not. You don't attract the likes of André Leon Talley if you're boring.

Not a good example, ALT needs to go away for his sheer annoyance. :p

Destiny
May 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I love Venus's interviews during and after Wilmbeldon :devil:

court70
May 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Nothing new, as Venus has been known to give generic answers to these interviews. Actually she has stated that she hates them and only do them out of obligation. I don't blame her anyway because we all know the deal, that the media is just fishing for negative things therefore the less said the better for her.

Exactly, look what they did with that comment that Serena made......they switch comments around to cause trouble so I agree with vee.

Dawn Marie
May 27th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Venus is a athlete. She knows all about the media and how it can distort and lie. The media will try to distract players from winning slams.

So Venus, gives them nothing to work with. DUH! She's a smart cookie. Besides, she isn't going to tell the media how to be beaten? She's not going to give them a gameplan??

Those who are angry about Venus replies just want her to fail.

supergrunt
May 27th, 2009, 02:15 AM
lollololololl

Melly Flew Us
May 27th, 2009, 02:53 AM
...I gotta tell ya', Venus seemed like she was in a different interview than the one the interviewer was given.
I'm an HUGE fan of hers, but I always cringe @ her interviews. They are so guarded, and they come across as forced and awkward.

Every answer tonight was, "I just focus on my game and the positives." The guy asked her about the draw, "I just focus on my game and the positives." He asked her about strategy, "I just focus on my game and the positives.":sad:
love it but too many syllables - one word answers are my preference.