PDA

View Full Version : What do French-speking people think of Golovin as a consultant on France Télévision ?

LightWarrior
May 25th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Although I hate France Television coverage (too much talk, Eurosport is better, well better when they don't play 2 hours 1/2 of fucking cycling), I must say I am pleasantly surprised. She's not too technical but she has some good insights and her French is now almost flawless. I expected some kind of slutty and inarticulate Tati, I was wrong. She's really charming, low-key and elegant. However she doesn't seem to be very upbeat about coming back on the Tour any time soon.

-jenks-
May 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I miss Tati!! :bigcry:

ViceUltramontain
May 25th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Her french is very bad with a lot of errors of language.

Nicolas
May 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Seriously, she is useless. They should only let her do interviews with (ex) felow players (mainly to make russian speaking players laugh at her awful russian)

Nicolas
May 25th, 2009, 09:59 PM

To be honest, it isn't... :shrug: (Luyat is worse, a shame for a French native speaker)

Slutiana
May 25th, 2009, 10:00 PM
What is so useless about her. :bigcry: From what i've heard from her she seems more insightful than 95% of the other commentators around the world. And she isn't actually a slut you know. :sobbing:

Nicolas
May 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM
What is so useless about her. :bigcry: From what i've heard from her she seems more insightful than 95% of the other commentators around the world. And she isn't actually a slut you know. :sobbing:

Her comments

---

:p

LightWarrior
May 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM

"Errors of language"...at least her French is better than your English I guess. She speaks French much better than Mary Pierce.

Nicolas
May 25th, 2009, 10:05 PM
"Errors of language"...at least her French is better than your English I guess. She speaks French much better than Mary Pierce.

:worship:

Aariel
May 25th, 2009, 10:05 PM
What's with the language stuff? Are we british now or something, what do we care how people speak?

As for Golovin, I don't know, she's just a talking head like all the others, neither better nor worse. :shrug: I haven't noticed anything interesting or weird in the way she speaks. But she's able to conduct nice interviews with the players since she knows a lot of them, in russian if need be, and she's pretty agreeable. So that's all good, I guess.

ViceUltramontain
May 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM
"Errors of language"...at least her French is better than your English I guess.

Yes but I'm French and not english and I think it's a shame to speak French so badly on TV.

Just Do It
May 25th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Wait. Some people in this thread are saying her French is bad and some that her Russian is bad. She must be fluent in at least one language :shrug:

ViceUltramontain
May 25th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Wait. Some people in this thread are saying her French is bad and some that her Russian is bad. She must be fluent in at least one language :shrug:

She's fluent but with a lot of mistakes

Uranus
May 25th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Tatiana speaks French very well with practically no accent. I haven't really noticed any mistakes, they mustn't be big.

Her comments, well... no, she isn't the best commentator out there. Not too useful. But she is cute, (surprisingly) very classy, and it's great when she interviews players (I've only seen Marat & Dinara so far, though). She keeps saying she is there to bring gossip news but nothing ever comes :D.

Awh and I thought it was funny, she has never heard of Polona Hercog :p.

Slutiana
May 25th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Wtf, Tati. :sobbing:

WowWow
May 25th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Why would anyone mind having Tati as a commentator?
I'd love to hear her insights on the matches and everything she has to add about the players.

Slutiana
May 25th, 2009, 10:31 PM
English.

Uranus
May 25th, 2009, 10:34 PM
She isn't a commentator. Mary was. She is only there as a consultant, with another guy to discuss about the results and the Frenchies' chances mainly. Sometimes she leaves, walks through the venue and meets players as she says, but she never tells anything.
And no, she doesn't speak about her comeback.

Nicolas
May 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM

French = good
Russian = bad (accent and grammar)

She's fluent but with a lot of mistakes

again, no she doesn't make huge mistakes

Tatiana speaks French very well with practically no accent. I haven't really noticed any mistakes, they mustn't be big.

Her comments, well... no, she isn't the best commentator out there. Not too useful. But she is cute, (surprisingly) very classy, and it's great when she interviews players (I've only seen Marat & Dinara so far, though). She keeps saying she is there to bring gossip news but nothing ever comes :D.

Awh and I thought it was funny, she has never heard of Polona Hercog :p.

This is more embarassing than funny. She's paid to do her shit, at least she could read the WTA bios.....

There are too many mistakes by commentators in France Télévisions. For example, when they announced Laisné/Groth match score, they said Groth is German :rolleyes: I know it's not huge mistake, but PLEASE they just have to read a screen. and don't get me started on Luyat or Godart :hysteric:

ViceUltramontain
May 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM
again, no she doesn't make huge mistakes

Not huge mistakes but a lot of little mistakes

Uranus
May 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM
This is more embarassing than funny. She's paid to do her shit, at least she could read the WTA bios.....
Haha yeah. But it surprised me that top players like her didn't know who the young up-and-comers were. Plus Polona is in huge form.
When the guy told her "Aravane Rezai will face Slovenian Polona Hercog in 2nd round", Tatiana replied something like "uh, okay, I don't know her at all. She must be a young or low-ranked player".
So, NO, she isn't good as a consultant :lol:.

Andy.
May 25th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Im sorry but I can understand why some people say the French are a little patronisng. Tati might not have perfect French but why not compliment her for being proficient in 2 languages rather that be patronising and put her down.

Nicolas
May 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Im sorry but I can understand why some people say the French are a little patronisng. Tati might not have perfect French but why not compliment her for being proficient in 2 languages rather that be patronising and put her down.

Well, i'm only putting her down for her very questionnable "work" as a consultant.

hablo
May 25th, 2009, 11:07 PM

:bowdown:

Uranus
May 25th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Well, only ONE person criticized her French. Everyone else took her defense :shrug:.

ViceUltramontain
May 25th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I'm blaming France Televisions not Golovin
I can understand that her French is not perfect and that's not a problem for me
I just think her French is not good enough to be a TV consultant

LightWarrior
May 25th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I'm blaming France Televisions not Golovin
I can understand that her French is not perfect and that's not a problem for me
I just think her French is not good enough to be a TV consultant

OK you're new here (6 posts) and your 6 posts have been negative. Friendly advice : be more positive and more constructive.

Golovinjured.
May 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Tati could be talking about Federer's foot odour, in French, and I'd still listen to every single word. :inlove:

new-york
May 25th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Well, only ONE person criticized her French. Everyone else took her defense :shrug:.

1 "patronising french" & 4 exceptions.

rules are funny.

ViceUltramontain
May 25th, 2009, 11:50 PM
OK you're new here (6 posts) and your 6 posts have been negative. Friendly advice : be more positive and more constructive.

OK if you don't want a different point of view don't ask for, because it's what you did

partbrit
May 26th, 2009, 01:26 AM
What's with the language stuff? Are we british now or something, what do we care how people speak?

What's wrong with caring how people speak? I care a lot about it. And using Brits as a reference point is a flaw in itself--have you even heard the British commentators? Their grammar, syntax and pronunciation are as bad as everyone else's.

jdog3008
May 26th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I have never been bothered by Martina and Monica's accents. Yet some French people had problems with Mary's American accent. It's an interesting cultural difference.

Nicolas
May 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I have never been bothered by Martina and Monica's accents. Yet some French people had problems with Mary's American accent. It's an interesting cultural difference.

Some accents sound good, some don't. Her REALLY doesn't :shrug:

frenchie
May 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Her voice is really annoying.
And she has 3 words of vocabulary

You could feel her hate toward Marion Bartoli yesterday

Harju.
May 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM

You could feel her hate toward Marion Bartoli yesterday
:lol: coming from you. shocking.

Harju.
May 26th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Tati could be talking about Federer's foot odour, in French, and I'd still listen to every single word. :inlove:
i would even watch tati clipping her toe nails while watching WTA match :inlove:

FrenchY52
May 26th, 2009, 10:36 AM
All her videos here http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=golovinattitude&view=videos&query=consultante

I wish people could check by theirselves here but none speaks French :tears: Anyway don't care about frenchie's posts.

FrenchY52
May 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
You can't even compare her French to Mary's, really not. Even when she was 16 Tati spoke way better and now she doesn't have any accent anymore and makes really few errors. And she speaks very fast, even in English so sometimes we don't really understand one word but who cares. And she's not here to comment matches but to bring her experience as a professional player and she does it really well with many insights. She may have stopped playing but she obviously knows a lot of things about the players. As for Polona Hercog, who cares honestly ? The usual commentators like Chamoulaud and Luyat etc don't even know some top50 players, and they mispronounce 50% of the names, they really don't know anything about the game and you can really hear that they follow tennis 2 weeks a year, so near them Tati looks like a tennis-nerd and it's normal.

And frenchie, you've been very boring since Tati looked you down in Luxembourg :awww:

*Jool*
May 26th, 2009, 10:51 AM
well , she's as useless as the other consultants/commentators but at least she's cute and knows life on tour ... :shrug:

Nicolas
May 26th, 2009, 11:19 AM
All her videos here http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=golovinattitude&view=videos&query=consultante

I wish people could check by theirselves here but none speaks French :tears: Anyway don't care about frenchie's posts.

Read the title again :rolleyes:

FrenchY52
May 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Read the title again :rolleyes:

My point is that we're on an International forum and these people who don't speak French and haven't seen her are going to come to read the French people's opinion. I just meant I wish they'd be able to judge by themselves and not by readong people liek Frenchie, that's it..
Faut que je t'explique en Français ? ...

Nicolas
May 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM
My point is that we're on an International forum and these people who don't speak French and haven't seen her are going to come to read the French people's opinion. I just meant I wish they'd be able to judge by themselves and not by readong people liek Frenchie, that's it..
Faut que je t'explique en Français ? ...

Non merci

I guess not a lot care, they already have to deal with their national useless consultants and as for sane Golovin fans (not the ones that won't mind watching her picking her nose during matches :lol:), i'm pretty sure they can make the diffrence between given opinions and pointless bashing.

Kworb
May 26th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Even if a language is your mother tongue, it doesn't mean you will be grammatically perfect with a vast vocabulary. Krajicek's Dutch for example is very bad, even though it is her first language (I think). Education has a lot to do with it.

dany.p
May 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Can someone please explain what a consultant is? is it like a commentator?

mboyle
May 26th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Even if a language is your mother tongue, it doesn't mean you will be grammatically perfect with a vast vocabulary. Krajicek's Dutch for example is very bad, even though it is her first language (I think). Education has a lot to do with it.

I think it is impossible to speak English perfectly.

pollison
May 26th, 2009, 12:40 PM

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowd own:

lilimi
May 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Although I hate France Television coverage (too much talk, Eurosport is better, well better when they don't play 2 hours 1/2 of fucking cycling), I must say I am pleasantly surprised. She's not too technical but she has some good insights and her French is now almost flawless. I expected some kind of slutty and inarticulate Tati, I was wrong. She's really charming, low-key and elegant. However she doesn't seem to be very upbeat about coming back on the Tour any time soon.

i totally agree with you concerning france tv vs. eurosport. moreover i can't stand laurent luyat.
i also agree about tati :) she really adds something interesting. her french is better but she still does some mistakes ( she said : "elle n'a pas beaucoup d'expectations") :lol:. :devil:i loved her comments about marion:devil:

Alizé Molik
May 26th, 2009, 01:24 PM
i think her french is fine, and besides whether or not she is useful is irrelevant, most commentators have no idea about wta anyway, I think she was sweet and rather endearing! she has a beautiful smile too. I don't see the point in saying her French is not good enough to be on television...funny that the same standards aren't applied to people on television who have french as a first language!

Uranus
May 26th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Honestly she speaks better than at least 30-40% of the French. I noticed her first 'weakness' (with multiple ''''') today after 3 days of watching all day long, when she said she didn't know the French word for 'entertainment'. She's fluent, speaks fast, exactly like any other person of her age. People who criticize her are ridiculous, honestly. Should look at themselves first.

About as many as you have, then :shrug:.

frenchie
May 26th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Yesterday during the Bartoli/Parmentier match, Tatiana was asked if it was difficult to play against another french player or against a friend

she answered something like "anyway Marion doesn't play fed cup so she's not friend with Pauline. it's like any other opponent!":tape::tape:

:devil:

janko
May 26th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Tatiana is speaking well,that's understandable without problems, that's just tennis, she's not writing an essay on contemporary poetry;). I've checked the few vids and she's not at all commenting, just making an appearance as herself on TV. I agree it's not hard to be clever when you're in front of France TV team, they're hopeless and not competent and that's not new.

Btw :lol: at her comments about Marion, each time they were talking about her her expression was changing and she looked like an upset good pupil talking about a less talented one in class (I'm a teacher, I know that kind of situation;)) That was something like : "why are you talking about her? she's a fat cow and I'm not!":lol:

I would like to see her reaction if Marion had lost:devil:

Lighter
May 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Marion isn't less talented than Tati. That's the problem for her. And Moreover, Marion may be the last french player in the run.

"Très bon programme" when Marion doesn't play.

FrenchY52
May 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3naDcmyL3I

:sobbing: with Nathalie

ptitnavet
May 26th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Remember guys she is a consultant not a commentator.
Who cares if she makes some mistakes when she is speaking.
I think she is a good consultant : she has great anectodes !

:worship: And that's very rare for frenchs to speak several languages :)

Alizé Molik
May 27th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Yesterday during the Bartoli/Parmentier match, Tatiana was asked if it was difficult to play against another french player or against a friend

she answered something like "anyway Marion doesn't play fed cup so she's not friend with Pauline. it's like any other opponent!":tape::tape:

:devil:

lol it so wasn't that bitchy! She just said that Marion hasn't played fed cup so there's no real friendship connection between them. :lol:

Dav.
May 27th, 2009, 12:31 AM
She's actually fluent in three languages, not three.

Also, on Tennis Channel she has been rather articulate while being observant and detailed and knowledgable in her analyzing as well. I don't see how speaking in French woud change this so dramatically.

slamchamp
May 27th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I don't get it she's actually from russia and moved to france??

Dawson.
May 27th, 2009, 12:56 AM
It's understandable given the fact she's a tennis player, who probably has not had the best education compared to most, and who has spent a huge part of her life in America. I think the fact she speaks 3 different languages despite all this is fucking amazing.

mirzalover
May 27th, 2009, 02:55 AM
I don't get it she's actually from russia and moved to france??

Yes she moved to France at a young age.

homogenius
May 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
French journalists were saying that Alize's mother complained that her daughter is always scheduled to play the evening and that it's not fair (Alize played 3 first round matches that have been stopped due to darkness over the years).
Then Tati slammed her saying that it's not organisers fault and it's already an honor to have your daughter put on the central court so she should shut up (adding that "if you want to be priviligied, you have to find a way to be n°1 in the world").:tape::lol:

yukon145
May 28th, 2009, 02:39 AM
French journalists were saying that Alize's mother complained that her daughter is always scheduled to play the evening and that it's not fair (Alize played 3 first round matches that have been stopped due to darkness over the years).
Then Tati slammed her saying that it's not organisers fault and it's already an honor to have your daughter put on the central court so she should shut up (adding that "if you want to be priviligied, you have to find a way to be n°1 in the world").:tape::lol:

Tatiana is correct. What does the mom want, her child to play first on court number 8 where no one will see it, or on center court. Alize should be happy.

WowWow
May 28th, 2009, 04:41 AM
:haha:
Tati!:hearts: