PDA

View Full Version : RG 1rst round: C. Wozniacki vs Dushevina 4:6 7:5 and play suspended

krystian
May 25th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Definitely a weak performance by Caro so far and for sure the weakest match played by Caroline this year I have seen live but sometimes such a tough matches just happen and winning them makes you morally stronger and stronger and I think Caro will go through this match :)

BTW, Caroline wasn't moving today as well as she does usually, perhaps she still feels a pain in her back.

DownTheLine21
May 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I love how Dushevina gave away the set point. What was she thinking? And she didn't even seem sure that it was out when she stopped play.

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2009, 09:05 PM
silly Bepa :mad:
way to lose set :help: :(

Temperenka
May 25th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Fundamentally, Caro was off. She did hit some big shots on crucial points though to stay in the match and take that second set. Credit to her, she is quite strong mentally. Good luck tomorrow!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 25th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Even the god is helping Caro.:devil:

krystian
May 25th, 2009, 09:06 PM
it looked like she had some problems with her eyes so maybe that's why

homogenius
May 25th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Dushevina's tardness resurfaced on sp : the girl just decided to stop the play on SP :tape::weirdo:

krystian
May 25th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Fundamentally, Caro was off. She did hit some big shots on crucial points though to stay in the match and take that second set. Credit to her, she is quite strong mentally. Good luck tomorrow!

right

i couldn't agree more

like i wrote, it's kind of match that makes you really more experienced and more stronger if you win it ;)

goldenlox
May 25th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Vera had a chance to be up a set and 2 breaks.
But like in her USO loss to Ivanovic, when Vera gets near the finish line her game gets worse

Dodoboy.
May 25th, 2009, 09:11 PM
:banana:

Thank you Jesus!

That was close, still work to do, but i think the 3rd set will be a lot more straight forward :yeah:

Vera was playing very weell though!

AnomyBC
May 25th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Ugh. Hopefully Caro will get things together tomorrow. She's one of my picks to go really far in this thing :)

kman
May 25th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Dushe played surprisingly well. If Caro went in there thinking it was going to be a walk in the park like their 3 past meetings, she was in for a surprise as well. Hopefully she'll take the last set tomorrow.

Does anyone know what time / court???

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Dushe played surprisingly well. If Caro went in there thinking it was going to be a walk in the park like their 3 past meetings, she was in for a surprise as well. Hopefully she'll take the last set tomorrow.

Does anyone know what time / court???

should be 2nd on PC but its not :o
2nd on C2 instead

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Vera was out-powering Caroline :spit:

Jo Durie " i'm suprised"

Just Do It
May 25th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Caroline was so passive. It was painful to watch. I have a feeling she will anyway win this.

dybbuk
May 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM
They both have such disgusting groundstrokes. :o One of their forehands in a match would be bad enough to look at, but two made it near unbearable. Nice :silly: moment by Vera at the end too.

:inlove:
May 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Douchediva :inlove: :spit: :spit: What a great way to end the set. :yeah:

kman
May 25th, 2009, 09:20 PM
2nd on C2 instead

OK, thanks. Luckily I bought Eurosport Player for this tournament ("un-luckily" if Caro loses first round lol)

Dunlop1
May 25th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Caroline 'I have no weapons' Wozniacki almost out in straights today. Was being out-rallied by Vera.
Totally lame match and that move to give Caro the set. Unbelievably stupid.

Calliope.
May 25th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Bepa on sp :haha:
Please Caro win tomorrow :o :bounce:

Direwolf
May 25th, 2009, 09:48 PM
glad to know that this match isnt fixed!!

Mahon_Lorcan
May 25th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Vera please!!! I hope you will win!!! Davai!

rickxx
May 25th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Well Caro played really bad today. It's a wonder she managed to win the 2nd set. Hope tomorrow she'll the way she can. Win this Caro!

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 25th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Absolutely awful match. Caro losing to Dushevina could be easily called the worst loss of the year :tape:
Great way to lose the set, seriously :spit:

krystian
May 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
3rd set of this match is planned at court 2 as the 2nd match in a order, after Dechy - Bammer, and not before 12.00

CMON CARO !!!! :):worship:

Dodoboy.
May 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I enjoyed this match IMMENSELY!

Marionated
May 25th, 2009, 10:17 PM
:spit:

ChinChin
May 25th, 2009, 10:17 PM
This would be a MAJOR upset, but Caroline will probably come back much stronger tommorow.

AnnaK_4ever
May 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
But like in her USO loss to Ivanovic, when Vera gets near the finish line her game gets worse

Her game can't get worse. It's always the same shit.
Excuse me for such words but Dushevina with her non-existent groundstroke technique and pathetic behavior is a blemish on the women's tennis.

Libertango
May 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I saw the first set and a half. I love these two, even if everyone else hatez on them. :lol: What did Vera do on the SP at the end?!

HenryMag.
May 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I couldn't stop laughing in the end of the 1st set with both playing 90% of the rallies only CC FHs with no pace until one of them made an UE.

It seemed that they were practicing the FH instead of playing.

CloudAtlas
May 25th, 2009, 10:39 PM
If Caro lost to Dushevina it would probably have been one of the , if not the worst loss in the history of women's tennis.

I mean Dushevina really is just nothing...no serve , no weapons , no accuracy, just nothing :tape:

AnnaK_4ever
May 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I saw the first set and a half. I love these two, even if everyone else hatez on them. :lol: What did Vera do on the SP at the end?!

Wozniacki hit the ball that was clearly in, it was clear to everyone except Dushevina who stopped the play and eventually lost the point after the umpire confirmed the ball was good.

Libertango
May 25th, 2009, 10:44 PM
^Oh, OK, thanks. :)

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 25th, 2009, 10:46 PM
last few times ive seen wozniacki play, her attitude has been shit. teenage strop perhaps

A Magicman
May 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Brutal-to-watch match

dybbuk
May 25th, 2009, 10:48 PM
If Caro lost to Dushevina it would probably have been on of the , if not the worst loss in the history of women's tennis.

I mean Dushevina really is just nothing...no serve , no weapons , no accuracy, just nothing :tape:

dramatic irony
n. The dramatic effect achieved by leading an audience to understand an incongruity between a situation and the accompanying speeches, while the characters in the play remain unaware of the incongruity.

The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

CloudAtlas
May 25th, 2009, 10:52 PM
dramatic irony
n. The dramatic effect achieved by leading an audience to understand an incongruity between a situation and the accompanying speeches, while the characters in the play remain unaware of the incongruity.

Okay I do understand what it is but how does it apply here? Is Dushevina not aware of it? :help:

dybbuk
May 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Okay I do understand what it is but how does it apply here? Is Dushevina not aware of it? :help:

It was ironic because you were describing Wozniacki in your last sentence. :tape:

Libertango
May 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I like her serve; I think it's pretty powerful. Her groundstroke technique is horrible, but it doesn't stop me liking her. I may be the only one LOL. I also think she's hot.

kman
May 25th, 2009, 11:00 PM
It was ironic because you were describing Wozniacki in your last sentence. :tape:

But you posted the definition for "dramatic irony", not "irony".

Is this where I post the definition for "stupid"? :lol:

Just kidding :P

Ciarán
May 25th, 2009, 11:03 PM
:speakles:

dybbuk
May 25th, 2009, 11:05 PM
But you posted the definition for "dramatic irony", not "irony".

Is this where I post the definition for "stupid"? :lol:

Just kidding :P

Dramatic irony is just a version of irony, but seriously, just forget it. Never going to use literary terms in GM again. :sobbing:

CloudAtlas
May 25th, 2009, 11:07 PM

LOL sorry but that's not dramatic irony , that's just ordinary irony :lol:

And I don't think that Caro has nothing , perhaps today she was even worse than Dushevina but overall she has a lot of notable things , the serve , the backhand , her movement , her accuracy. None of these are perfect but she'll learn with time.

Viktymise
May 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Why do players like Borz always run into shit bags whenever they play badly in early rounds? :o

Slutiana
May 25th, 2009, 11:18 PM
dramatic irony

:rolls: :crying2:
LOL sorry but that's not dramatic irony , that's just ordinary irony :lol:

And I don't think that Caro has nothing , perhaps today she was even worse than Dushevina but overall she has a lot of notable things , the serve , the backhand , her movement , her accuracy. None of these are perfect but she'll learn with time.
Its dramatic irony because we all know that you're describing the lady in your avatar, but you. ;)

CloudAtlas
May 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM
:rolls: :crying2:

Its dramatic irony because we all know that you're discribing the lady in your avatar, but you. ;)

Nice try by the poster but it doesn't really work. Knowing this forum , I knew I was gonna get a reply stating something like "Hmm..wonder who else that could describe?" or "Pot,kettle, much?!!" but I posted it anyway as it is my firm belief that Caro is without a shadow of a doubt a better player than Dushevina and her results show that.

Slutiana
May 25th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Nice try by the poster but it doesn't really work. Knowing this forum , I knew I was gonna get a reply stating something like "Hmm..wonder who else that could describe?" or "Pot,kettle, much?!!" but I posted it anyway as it is my firm belief that Caro is without a shadow of a doubt a better player than Dushevina and her results show that.
No one said she was worse than Dushevina. Just stop. :o

Dunlop1
May 25th, 2009, 11:42 PM
dramatic irony

:rolls::haha:

Corswandt
May 25th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Caroline Wozniacki defies expectations. When you simply can't believe that she can play any more like a pusher, that's exactly what she does.

Dushevina has absolutely no weapons - even her serve wins her an average of one ace/service winner per service game at most. She hits her groundstrokes with next to no upper body rotation, and her extreme FH grip means all she can do is to push the ball from that side. And her movement is very stiff. Yet it was her who often took the initiative, attempting to move the ball around to open up the court. Wozniacki was 100% passive.

The last game of the 1st set was simply an embarrassment. Both players doing absolutely nothing to win the points, Wozniacki just moonballing or looping zero pace junk up the middle of the court.

Yet António Cabral (local commentator with a thick Algarve accent) kept going on about how Wozniacki is such an aggressive player. :lol: Maybe, and only maybe, when compared to the harmless pushers he has coached in the past.

CloudAtlas
May 25th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Caroline Wozniacki defies expectations. When you simply can't believe that she can play any more like a pusher, that's exactly what she does.

Dushevina has absolutely no weapons - even her serve wins her an average of one ace/service winner per service game at most. She hits her groundstrokes with next to no upper body rotation, and her extreme FH grip means all she can do is to push the ball from that side. And her movement is very stiff. Yet it was her who often took the initiative, attempting to move the ball around to open up the court. Wozniacki was 100% passive.

The last game of the 1st set was simply an embarrassment. Both players doing absolutely nothing to win the points, Wozniacki just moonballing or looping zero pace junk up the middle of the court.

Yet António Cabral (local commentator with a thick Algarve accent) kept going on about how Wozniacki is such an aggressive player. :lol: Maybe, and only maybe, when compared to the harmless pushers he has coached in the past.

I agree with all that you say , for the first time I did actually sit there and think "Wow...this is nothing but plain old pushing" but I really do think today Caro didn't play as well as she usually does , and that's reflected by the fact that she lost a set and barely managed to win the second one to a player she's bagelled three times in three meetings, one only 2 weeks ago and on clay.

Dunlop1
May 25th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Caro is not a pusher. She is just weaponless.

The Dawntreader
May 25th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Jo Durie just is so misinformed. Waxing a lyrical about how Caro isn't hitting her 'big shots' (the usual banal, inarticulate rubbish from her). Caro doesn't hit 'big shots', so why is she so suprised when it doesn't happen? She really is useless from a tennis analytical perspective:rolleyes:

In regards to the match, well it was just heavily sedate, painfully so. Dushevina's forehand is one of the worst shots in tennis. An uncompromising grip and the most lethargic of footwork. I'm actually enthralled when she actually hits a winner because there's usually such inprobability of it happening. Still she was being comparatively aggressive today which helped her for a set and a half, before the next slew of forehand errors.

Wozniacki just waited, and waited, and waited until the sun couldn't wait anymore:lol: Any notion of finishing the point just seems lost on Caro completely.

terjw
May 25th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Hopefully Caro can take the 3rd set tomorrow. She looked a bit surprised by Dushevina like this is not supposed to happen - I always beat her easily.

kman
May 26th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Hopefully Caro can take the 3rd set tomorrow. She looked a bit surprised by Dushevina like this is not supposed to happen - I always beat her easily.

haha yea, so true. She looked really flustered. She had this perpetual "WTF is going on?!" look on her face.

I don't think it's bad the match got suspended. She'll come back tomorrow more focused and determined.

pav
May 26th, 2009, 02:08 AM
On reading this thread I sincerely hope that one of these players can give great head because weighing up the evidence being presented here they sure as hell can't do much else right!

Libertango
May 26th, 2009, 02:14 AM
^LOL; the way some people are talking, in this match neither player hit a winner and just pushed it around for three hours. It's not *quite* the case - I quite enjoyed it. Vera was quite aggressive, trying to move the ball round, using her BH - her FH is a big weakness. Caro was off slightly - too many bloody looped FHs! But Dushevina played better than I've seen her before. It's a shame they couldn't finish it off tonight; I suspect Caro will come out tomorrow and finish it off quite quickly. )

Sean.
May 26th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I'm sorry but who on earth convinced Vera that FH grip was a good idea? :o

RenaSlam.
May 26th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Come out Caro and piss the f@#$ out of this board tomorrow! :worship:

Libertango
May 26th, 2009, 02:25 AM
I'm sorry but who on earth convinced Vera that FH grip was a good idea? :o
Anke Huber.

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2009, 02:27 AM
SO CLOSE!!! She MUST be stopped, but I'm not sure if Vera has it in her to finish the job tomorrow. But I adore her moonpie face. :drool:

SAVE THE TOUR STOP THE PUSHER!

cellophane
May 26th, 2009, 03:20 AM
:speakles:

I was expecting another bagel :o

InsideOut.
May 26th, 2009, 03:30 AM
On reading this thread I sincerely hope that one of these players can give great head because weighing up the evidence being presented here they sure as hell can't do much else right!

:rolls:

mboyle
May 26th, 2009, 03:32 AM

LMAO!

Koon
May 26th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Go Vera :drive:

mr_burns
May 26th, 2009, 05:26 AM
2nd on C2 instead

what about the rule that it has to be the same cpurt (at least that's waht tournaments do)

InsideOut.
May 26th, 2009, 05:30 AM
what about the rule that it has to be the same cpurt (at least that's waht tournaments do)

I think this match was originally scheduled on court 2 but was moved to Chatrier after Marion's match. :scratch:

Harju.
May 26th, 2009, 06:34 AM
:lol:
This thread is so epic.

InsideOut.
May 26th, 2009, 07:03 AM
SO CLOSE!!! She MUST be stopped, but I'm not sure if Vera has it in her to finish the job tomorrow. But I adore her moonpie face. :drool:

SAVE THE TOUR STOP THE PUSHER!

:lol::rolls::haha::spit:;):worship::):help::tape:

Steff_forever
May 26th, 2009, 07:51 AM
silly Bepa :mad:
way to lose set :help: :(
@ setpoint :cuckoo:
the momentum in that rally was on her side, what a mad decision that cost her the set

but I adored her calmness and her firmness she showed before regarding the (maybe decisive) lost bps in 2nd set

mr_burns
May 26th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I think this match was originally scheduled on court 2 but was moved to Chatrier after Marion's match. :scratch:
originally it was on no 1 I think

However, they don't want the match at"prime time" on PC obviously:rolleyes:

Foot's Fingers
May 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Vera :tape:

always the same problems at the end of match/set

AnnaK_4ever
May 26th, 2009, 12:11 PM
lame ....

ES oversaturing us with men's matches, all we had yesterday was a Safina double bagel. Good to have a live match at the end of the day. And what a gripping match this was in the gathering gloom... what makes women's tennis fascinating for me. Shame it had to stop at one set all.

Caro complacent in the beginning? Vera came out all guns blazing, powerfully dictating the play. Woz finding more purchase going down the line late in set 2, instead of everything cross-court.
A tactic that might get her through this match, and a lot more big matches in future.

I like sarcastic posts :)

Josh.
May 26th, 2009, 12:43 PM
They just showed match up to it's suspension because of the rain delay and it gave me time to analyse it a little. Now, IMO, the rest of the tour should take note of how Vera played for the first set and a half. It's was almost a role reversal in the fact that Vera became extremly consistent and began using numerous angels to out-manovour Caroline. Also, she was constantly changing the spin on the ball aswell as the depth. Albit, Caroline was having a "off" day, but full credit to Vera for take the game to Caroline.

CooCooCachoo
May 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM
^ I agree.

I just hope that Dushevina can clinch the third and final set.