PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Amelie Mauresmo relaxed too much going into RG?

Kevin.
May 25th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I have been reading interviews and seemed like she seemed a little too relaxed going into her match against Anna-Lena. Looking past her first match probably cost her. Does anyone agree?

miffedmax
May 25th, 2009, 07:32 PM
She looked across the net, saw a tall blonde and thought she was playing Demented.

Adal
May 25th, 2009, 07:32 PM
She looked across the net, saw a tall blonde and thought she was playing Demented.
I don't think ALG with her sizes can remind anyone of Dementieva these days :tears: Not even Mauresmo.

hablo
May 25th, 2009, 07:37 PM
No. She's had the same "relaxed" speech since 2006.

I think she tries to appear calm and confident but she just doesn't feel that way once she steps on the court.

danieln1
May 25th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Since the late 90´s that she had this trouble on Philippe Chatrier court: she´s always, always a nervous wreck playing there!

If she only could play like the Paris tournament she won earlier this year...

dave1971
May 26th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I have been reading interviews and seemed like she seemed a little too relaxed going into her match against Anna-Lena. Looking past her first match probably cost her. Does anyone agree?

It doesn't matter. Mauresmo career is done.

Привет
May 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Amelie just has to hear somebody mention 'Roland Garros' and she begins to suffer from anxiety and stress. I don't think it's possible for her to relax when her home slam is concerned.

Ellen Dawson
May 26th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Since the late 90´s that she had this trouble on Philippe Chatrier court: she´s always, always a nervous wreck playing there!

Exactly. It was the same old story with Amelie. Unfortunately. :sad:

WowWow
May 26th, 2009, 11:22 PM
She did sound different this year. Even gave a hint that without a clear favour, everything's possible. But then she stepped on the court.:help:

Melly Flew Us
May 27th, 2009, 02:40 AM
what a waste - from 2001 until 2006 - that's a lot of years to be fucking up when supposedly a top player; not even counting the years beofre or after.

charmedRic
May 27th, 2009, 02:57 AM
it's tragic actually. :(