PDA

View Full Version : RG Round1: Agnieszka Radwanska def. Rossana De Los Rios 6:3 6:1

AndreConrad
May 25th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Congrats :yeah:

olivero
May 25th, 2009, 06:19 PM
well done ;)

Malva
May 25th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Job professionally done. If somebody saw the match please say a few words about its conduct.

St.Sebastian
May 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Well done Aga,
27 winners look good for a pusher on clay ;)

Lulu.
May 25th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Aga. :D

AndreConrad
May 25th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Job professionally done. If somebody saw the match please say a few words about its conduct.
From Agnieszka's forum:
Not much to say about this match. Those who seen this match must agree it never looked dangerous. Aga played an average match, mixing errors and world class plays. But it was definitely enough for RDLR. The most important is Aga finished it quickly, saving energy for later rounds. :)

meb
May 25th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Aga :) Good stats so I hope her back is ok

St.Sebastian
May 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Aga :) Good stats so I hope her back is ok
Her back? :lol:
She was never injured in the first place.

Petkorazzi
I watched most of the match. :) Aga was playing really well. Of course, she threw a few errors every now and then, but her backhand was on fire and her serve is also a lot better now! She hit a couple of aces I think and it went really deep. As for Rossana, I have to say I am very impressed by her :inlove::inlove: I thought she'd have the typical moonballing clay game, but she actually has a really nice game to watch. :worship: Hard strokes from both sides (with the backhand being the stronger part) and she also moves really well for her age. :worship: She also didn't give up and fought till the end after fighting back to adv-40 from 0-40 in the last game. :awww:

Overall, I think Aga is the dark horse. Don't expect her to lose till QF at least (Haven't checked her draw though.) And I think Rossana should not retire :awww: She got really unlucky this clay season :( Injury and then this awful draw :(

Imperfect Angel
Aga :D :rocker2:

Dinayer
May 25th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Aga :bounce:
nice start :D

GoLdEnSeToV
May 25th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Brawo Agnieszko:) Very good match:)

Malva
May 25th, 2009, 06:38 PM
@ AndreConrad

Thank you!

I watched most of the match. :) Aga was playing really well. Of course, she threw a few errors every now and then, but her backhand was on fire and her serve is also a lot better now! She hit a couple of aces I think and it went really deep. As for Rossana, I have to say I am very impressed by her :inlove::inlove: I thought she'd have the typical moonballing clay game, but she actually has a really nice game to watch. :worship: Hard strokes from both sides (with the backhand being the stronger part) and she also moves really well for her age. :worship: She also didn't give up and fought till the end after fighting back to adv-40 from 0-40 in the last game. :awww:

Overall, I think Aga is the dark horse. Don't expect her to lose till QF at least (Haven't checked her draw though.) And I think Rossana should not retire :awww: She got really unlucky this clay season :( Injury and then this awful draw :(

Thank you very much for this great report. A real pleasure to read. I have enormous sympathy for Rossana so it comforting that she still has class and her game is still pleasure to watch (in spite of UE's).

darkangel23
May 25th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Aga :)

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Well I think that Agnieszka played very well to be honest :shrug: She'll be just fine in this tournament:)

Temperenka
May 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Well done! This could be a big tournament for Aga!

Irute
May 25th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Aga :woohoo:... please keep going girl :bounce:

*Jean*
May 25th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Rossana :sad: :o Maybe time to stop ?

gaja kesari
May 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Congratulations Agnieszka, a very good start to RG :)

Rossana :sad: :o Maybe time to stop ?

Come on, give her a break! Rossana was actually playing quite well. She should retire because she lost :confused:

rucolo
May 25th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Solid start, Aga!:angel::D;)

Rossana is a good player.

Hayato
May 26th, 2009, 12:24 AM
4 games :o
Good try RoRo. Do not retire, please!!

CrossCourt~Rally
May 26th, 2009, 12:43 AM
RoRo :hug:

Vaidisova
May 26th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Aga:yeah:

Ciarán
May 26th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Gj

IanRadi
May 26th, 2009, 12:59 AM
4 games :o
Good try RoRo. Do not retire, please!!

It's sad to say but I'm quite sure this will be Rossana's last season. She's been injured most of the year and good results aren't coming. I really hope I'm wrong though. :awww:

Roro :hug: