PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Serena at RG : 3 scenarios

LightWarrior
May 20th, 2009, 02:27 AM
I have no idea...

1/ Deciding at the last minute, Serena withdraws from the FO, citing an injured leg.
2/ Still leg injured but feeling much better Serena decides to give it a try. She wins a few rounds but at one point retires during a match, still because of her bad leg.
3/Almost 100% Serena transcends herself once again in a GS tournament and goes on to win her 2nd RG title.

Unfortunately I think #2 will happen more or less. Unless she surprises us once gain.

Lin Lin
May 20th, 2009, 02:27 AM
let's see:)

stkenyi
May 20th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I have become a diehard Serena fan over the years. Even I am throwing in the towel on her. She has a zero chance of making it past round 1(please prove me wrong Serena..I need a miracle).IMHO, Serena needs to rest up for wimbledon. F- the clay already.

fightserena!!!
May 20th, 2009, 03:10 AM
for some reason I can't put my finger on, but for the first time probably ever, I'm not even remotely stressed about it and I fully expect a Williams to win. Goes against most logic at this point, but it's the feeling I get...fingers crossed. I'd be thrilled for Serena to take RG#2 after some very poor results at unquestionably her least favourite GS. Serena tends to do well when she's looking hopeless.

tennnisfannn
May 20th, 2009, 03:39 AM
it's a slam she will not retire in a match,if she didn't retire in a miami final no way is she retiring in a slam. A day's rest between matches will help any injuries. She may survive three rds but after that if she is not fully recovered, she may not win it.

Justin SW
May 20th, 2009, 03:41 AM
She wont have any day of rest because shes playing doubles as well!

Shvedbarilescu
May 20th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I have no idea...

1/ Deciding at the last minute, Serena withdraws from the FO, citing an injured leg.
2/ Still leg injured but feeling much better Serena decides to give it a try. She wins a few rounds but at one point retires during a match, still because of her bad leg.
3/Almost 100% Serena transcends herself once again in a GS tournament and goes on to win her 2nd RG title.

Unfortunately I think #2 will happen more or less. Unless she surprises us once gain.

I have to say I don't see any of those three scenarios occuring. Serena will play. She won't retire in the middle of a Grand Slam match and she won't win RG 2009.

I say she wins her 1st match, Serena never loses in the 1st round of a Slam and loses somewhere between the 2nd and 4th rounds. Very possible she will hint during interviews that she wasn't 100% fit but she will still complete her matches. Serena isn't one to give up mid-match.

bandabou
May 20th, 2009, 09:07 AM
As long as she wins at least one match..

CanadianBoy21
May 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM
of course she'll win it, what kinda tennis fans and Serena fans are you guys? The FO is still a few days away, plenty of time for her to fully recover and then again win when she is the underdog. You know Williams rise to the ocassion when u least expext them to!

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 20th, 2009, 09:46 AM
One match at time :yeah: Just like we did at Wimbledon 2005 and 2007 for Venus.

Renalicious
May 20th, 2009, 10:03 AM
for some reason I can't put my finger on, but for the first time probably ever, I'm not even remotely stressed about it and I fully expect a Williams to win. Goes against most logic at this point, but it's the feeling I get...fingers crossed. I'd be thrilled for Serena to take RG#2 after some very poor results at unquestionably her least favourite GS. Serena tends to do well when she's looking hopeless.

Feel the same way.

pwayne
May 20th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Take your scneario number 1 because if she feels like she is not completely healed, she will w/d.

Pops Maellard
May 20th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'd say none of these. She'll lose after 2 or 3 rounds but not because of retirement. She'll finish the match.

AnnaK_4ever
May 20th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Like other posters have said, Serena ALWAYS finishes her matches at Grand Slam.
I'd say she either loses in 3R or QF or wins the title.

hingis-seles
May 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Like other posters have said, Serena ALWAYS finishes her matches at Grand Slam.

Wimbledon 1998
3rd Round

Virginia Ruano-Pascual def Serena Williams 7-5, 4-1 ret.

Alex03Maccy
May 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM
if her and her sister feel like winning it, one will and it should be serena as it's on clay.

darrinbaker00
May 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM
There are eight possible scenarios for Serena (or any other player in the singles draw, for that matter) at Roland Garros:

1. Lose first round
2. Lose second round
3. Lose third round
4. Lose fourth round
5. Lose quarterfinal
6. Lose semifinal
7. Runner-up
8. Champion

Next topic, please.

Galsen
May 20th, 2009, 02:36 PM
There are eight possible scenarios for Serena (or any other player in the singles draw, for that matter) at Roland Garros:

1. Lose first round
2. Lose second round
3. Lose third round
4. Lose fourth round
5. Lose quarterfinal
6. Lose semifinal
7. Runner-up
8. Champion

Next topic, please.

you forgot withdraw:angel:

azizy
May 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
it'll be better she off the tournament

VishaalMaria
May 20th, 2009, 02:46 PM
it'll be better she off the tournament

:devil:

SAEKeithSerena
May 20th, 2009, 04:03 PM
she won't play. she's going to be serious about Wimbledon and with a 3rd rounder last year, she won't lose too many points. 100% guarantee you she will NOT play.

Convoluted
May 20th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I can see her winning some matches.

But in no way do I see her getting past the 4th round.

espntennis
May 20th, 2009, 04:19 PM
she won't play. she's going to be serious about Wimbledon and with a 3rd rounder last year, she won't lose too many points. 100% guarantee you she will NOT play.

There are pics of her training at RG with Richard on the RG website. Think she wants it.

Lulu.
May 20th, 2009, 05:05 PM
There are pics of her training at RG with Richard on the RG website. Think she wants it.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_serena_0519_b.jpg

friendsita
May 20th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I still have hope

Denise4925
May 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I have become a diehard Serena fan over the years. Even I am throwing in the towel on her. She has a zero chance of making it past round 1(please prove me wrong Serena..I need a miracle).IMHO, Serena needs to rest up for wimbledon. F- the clay already.

That's how I feel. She's got a bum leg and I don't think it has healed. :shrug:

Denise4925
May 20th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Wimbledon 1998
3rd Round

Virginia Ruano-Pascual def Serena Williams 7-5, 4-1 ret.

One retirement in a slam in 11 years. Well, that proves Serena has a tendency to retire in GS's for sure. :rolleyes:

Sund7101
May 20th, 2009, 08:05 PM
If Serena makes it to the quarters she'll win the tournament.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 20th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I REElieve :awww:

*sorry for stealing that Venus fans :o*

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 20th, 2009, 09:38 PM
^ its reeliance :D let Venus fans have ' veelieving'

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 20th, 2009, 09:41 PM
^ its reeliance :D let Venus fans have ' veelieving'

I'm out of the loop :awww:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 20th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Is she really playing doubles?

Galsen
May 20th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Is she really playing doubles?

I think she does:confused:

LightWarrior
May 20th, 2009, 11:50 PM

1. Lose first round
2. Lose second round
3. Lose third round
4. Lose fourth round
5. Lose quarterfinal
6. Lose semifinal
7. Runner-up
8. Champion

Next topic, please.

You are so cynical. Come up with the smartest thread then, be my guest.