PDA

View Full Version : Agnieszka Radwanska sets conditions to play Warsaw in 2010

Corswandt
May 19th, 2009, 10:37 PM
1. Tournaments officials, umpires, linespeople and ballkids to kneel before addressing A. Radwanska, and to call her "DIVA AUGUSTA" at all times.

2. A. Radwanska to be carried in a litter at all times, even during changeovers. A. Radwanska will also be assisted by Nubians in loincloths who will refresh her with ostrich feather fans.

3. Warsaw Royal Castle to be renamed "Radwanski Castle".

4. Appearance fee to consist of the fiscal revenue of half of Poland's provinces for the next 50 years. Plus booty and slaves.

5. The art collections of all Polish museums to be replaced by exhibitions of A. Radwanska's drawings.

6. The General Messages section of the website Tennisforum.com to be renamed "Poletard Central", which it already pretty much is.

7. All Polish newspapers to carry an open letter from A. Radwanska entitled "Marta isn't hot - I am".

8. Centre Court matches to be immediately interrupted should Urszula Radwanska feel like holding a picnic there.

9. Evidence of A. Radwanska's loss to one "Micaela Carolina" to be erased from official WTA Tour records.

10. Everything that Tennisforum.com poster Malva says to be carved into stone and enacted into Law.

11. Players' Lounge and sponsor booths area to be razed and replaced by a parking lot for the exclusive use of the Radwanski clan's auto fleet.

12. A. Radwanska to be granted the use of a different Ferrari for each day of the event. Not only did the Divine A. Radwanska modestly consent to be treated this shabbily in terms of transportation, she was also munificent enough to allow the tournament to give princely treatment to the remaining players, in the form of a € 0.75 allowance for bus fare, or the loan of a pair of roller skates with some of the wheels still in place.

13. Parades to be held in celebration of A. Radwanska's greatness and generosity. Many, many parades.

Viktymise
May 19th, 2009, 10:43 PM
:rolls:

All hail DIVA AUGUSTA and her majestic and enchanting tennis. :bowdown:

Bosco123
May 19th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I wish they would give her the respect that she deserves, the first ever top 10 player for her country , she should have got the same appearance fee that Sharapova got in her home country , I'm sure that Aga would have brought more spectators than Maria in her own home land , absolutely sure! Did you notice the small number of spectators in Sharapova first match this year?

Freakan
May 19th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Love it! :haha:

auntie janie
May 19th, 2009, 10:49 PM
:lol:

hellas719
May 19th, 2009, 10:57 PM

for #13, I thought you meant Andrea Parades:lol:

slamchamp
May 19th, 2009, 10:58 PM
OMG!:haha:
:worship: to the comment about malva :lol:

Marionated
May 19th, 2009, 11:01 PM
:sobbing: :spit:

Emina.
May 19th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Excellent :lol: :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
May 19th, 2009, 11:17 PM

Me to at first! :lol::lol:

Rollo
May 19th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I wish they would give her the respect that she deserves, the first ever top 10 player for her country , she should have got the same appearance fee that Sharapova got in her home country , I'm sure that Aga would have brought more spectators than Maria in her own home land , absolutely sure! Did you notice the small number of spectators in Sharapova first match this year?

This is not quite true. Poland has had a great champion in Jadwiga "Jaja" Jedrzejowska, who reached 3 Grand slam finals and was ranked #3 in the world by many in 1937.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jadwiga_Jedrzejowska

Aggie may have some good reasons to complain about the event in Warsaw, but would it kill her to ditch the terrible tude and play to promote women's tennis in Poland? She may be a semi-star, but she's nowhere near Jaja's class yet, either in results or in class.

In The Zone
May 19th, 2009, 11:19 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Conor
May 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
8. Centre Court matches to be immediately interrupted should Urszula Radwanska feel like holding a picnic there.

Omgggg :haha::lol::haha: brilliant.

Slammer7
May 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
OMG! :spit: I could barley finish reading it, I was laughing so hard. My stomach hurts I laughed so hard.:worship: Funniest post of the year my friend, that was classic.:yeah: :rolls: :haha: :haha: :haha:

young_gunner913
May 19th, 2009, 11:27 PM
:spit::bowdown:

woosey
May 19th, 2009, 11:43 PM
This is not quite true. Poland has had a great champion in Jadwiga "Jaja" Jedrzejowska, who reached 3 Grand slam finals and was ranked #3 in the world by many in 1937.

Aggie may have some good reasons to complain about the event in Warsaw, but would it kill her to ditch the terrible tude and play to promote women's tennis in Poland? She may be a semi-star, but she's nowhere near Jaja's class yet, either in results or in class.

it's good to set the record straight, but i'm not so sure of the relevance of comparing someone in 1937 with a player now. the game is totally different and aga would wipe the floor with that girl.

having class is sometimes overrated, if not overstated. besides, everyone back then had "class." the game was more conservative and geared towards the wealthy.

Slutiana
May 19th, 2009, 11:49 PM

Same. :spit:

Craig.
May 19th, 2009, 11:54 PM
:rolls: :worship:

Kenny
May 19th, 2009, 11:55 PM
*boring*

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 20th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Isia , the pushing ball of this week :confused:

Wiggly
May 20th, 2009, 12:16 AM
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

M&M
May 20th, 2009, 01:36 AM
:tired:

danieln1
May 20th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Carried in a litter!! hheahahhahaahahhaahhaah
Erase her loss to de brito... just awesome thread!!!!
:worship:

Jakeev
May 20th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I guess the thread starter is suggesting that Radwanska act like a woman or be stoned to death for opening her mouth..........

TheBoiledEgg
May 20th, 2009, 03:30 AM
:haha: :spit: :rolls:

Mr.Kardashian
May 20th, 2009, 04:12 AM

drake3781
May 20th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Perfect that you worked in her actual complaints. And the reference to Malva, lol. :p

Foot's Fingers
May 20th, 2009, 08:05 AM
*dead* :lol: :haha:

Great

olivero
May 20th, 2009, 08:13 AM

Almost nobody in Poland (except some tennis fans maybe) remembers Jaja. She's very rarely mentioned. The first time I've heard about her was when Agnieszka was compared to her by some Polish journalists.

Oswald56
May 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I look forward to seeing it all next year. Can someone please forward to tournament organisers?

HenryMag.
May 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM

:spit:

FORZA SARITA
May 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM
omg :haha:

joćo.
May 20th, 2009, 12:47 PM

TennisViewer531
May 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Thou shall not violate the 13 commandments! ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
May 20th, 2009, 01:39 PM
:rolls:

serenus_2k8
May 20th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Rofl :lol:

Lunaris
May 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM
*boring*
... and lame

Rollo
May 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Posted by Woosey it's good to set the record straight, but i'm not so sure of the relevance of comparing someone in 1937 with a player now. the game is totally different and aga would wipe the floor with that girl.

The relevance is this:

Bosco was saying Aggie was Poland's greatest ever-she's not. Because she's supposed to be so great Bosco says she deserves appearance fees ala Sharapova.She might be able to demand higherappearance fees if she sucks it up, shows some "class", plays the damn event, and then actually wins it. How great that would be for both Aga AND Polish tennis.

She's not all that. Reminding her of that by comparing her to Jaja might keep her head from getting too big. If the event folds because the country's star player is acting like a prima donna she's only hurting herself in the long run.

As for "wiping the floor with that girl", what proof do you have? Aggie is a pusher. Jaja had muscles and won with a Steffi Graf-like forehand.

having class is sometimes overrated, if not overstated. besides, everyone back then had "class." the game was more conservative and geared towards the wealthy.

Generally I agree, but not everyone was wealthy or had class.

Jaja was middle-class.
1938 Wimbledon champ Fred Perry was working class.

Players did curse and throw racquets during the 30s. One player actually punched out another players mother leaving the tennis court. Even Capriati and Setrena haven't done that!:lol:

Jem
May 21st, 2009, 01:00 AM
Pretty good stuff from the thread starter. I like a humble champion for the most part, but a little tude can be OK. Unfortunately, Radwanska has been all tude almost all the time this year, with nothing to show for it. Hopefully, she'll get back on track and show a little class along the way.

TeraByte
May 21st, 2009, 01:21 PM
Starter of this thread - very funny but also very unfair. One must be bold to produce such a message, obviously, as a Portuguese, not being aware of "Polish internal matters". Circumstances of Polish Open let me risk an argument that we have to do there with what we used to call "small Polish hell" (which is, by the way, also one of the reasons why Karolina Woźniacka is not playing for Poland but for Denmark). As soon as they managed to attract Sharapova to play in Warsaw, the management of the tournament forgot about Aga Radwańska (whom they treated before as a main star of the event), and - because of a strained budget - they also forgot about ca 50k (people say) start fee promised to her father-coach for a risk to participate in a tournament which is situated so inconveniently in the calendar of WTA events, so close to the RG (because they have to save up for a higher - people say 100k - start fee of a Russian girl). They probably deemed that it goes without saying that a Polish no 1 player should take part in no 1 Polish tournament (as a token of patriotism or so; well, for me much evident a token is her play in Fed Cup). The backbone injury of Agnieszka is different thing: it started already during match with Venus in Rome, and was the reason of early defeat in Madrid, AND has been enough obvious for an official WTA surger to justify her absence in Legia courts.

Bulgaria
May 21st, 2009, 01:27 PM
Just great. :D

thegreendestiny
May 21st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Appearance fee to consist of the fiscal revenue of half of Poland's provinces for the next 50 years. Plus booty and slaves.
:haha:

vadin124
May 21st, 2009, 03:35 PM
LOL

brightened up my day after having 2 Physics exams...

thank you corswandt :worship:

Corswandt
May 23rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
Starter of this thread - very funny but also very unfair. One must be bold to produce such a message, obviously, as a Portuguese, not being aware of "Polish internal matters". Circumstances of Polish Open let me risk an argument that we have to do there with what we used to call "small Polish hell" (which is, by the way, also one of the reasons why Karolina Woźniacka is not playing for Poland but for Denmark). As soon as they managed to attract Sharapova to play in Warsaw, the management of the tournament forgot about Aga Radwańska (whom they treated before as a main star of the event), and - because of a strained budget - they also forgot about ca 50k (people say) start fee promised to her father-coach for a risk to participate in a tournament which is situated so inconveniently in the calendar of WTA events, so close to the RG (because they have to save up for a higher - people say 100k - start fee of a Russian girl). They probably deemed that it goes without saying that a Polish no 1 player should take part in no 1 Polish tournament (as a token of patriotism or so; well, for me much evident a token is her play in Fed Cup). The backbone injury of Agnieszka is different thing: it started already during match with Venus in Rome, and was the reason of early defeat in Madrid, AND has been enough obvious for an official WTA surger to justify her absence in Legia courts.

It was only a joke. I wasn't passing judgment. Skipping this was arguably the best decision, even though Radwanska would probably win it easily.

The only comment I'll make is this: A. Radwanska shoots her mouth off in interviews all the time, and gets standing ovations from a large section of TF, as she is "speaking her own mind". I can't even begin to imagine what those same people would say if one of those players TF loves to hate went on record with statements similar to those Radwanska has made over the past year or so.