PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Dokic Has Only Won One Main Draw Match Since Aus Open

Body Language ~
May 19th, 2009, 05:49 PM
not counting ITFs/challengers. :( really disappointing, but I kinda expected it after that great run at Aus Open. I expect she'll get back to her winning ways during the hardcourt season this summer after Wimbly. :bounce:

Wiggly
May 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
According to JetStar, it is worth 1 million.

Slutiana
May 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Well hopefully the grass can kickstart her season again. She used to be amazing on it.

cn ireland
May 19th, 2009, 05:55 PM
It is disappointing but you've got to remember that she's had tough draws as well, Wozniacki, Craybas and Olaru are not easy opponents!!!

DokicToServe
May 19th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I think she'll pick it up, just as RG ends. She'll participate in the tournaments before Wimbledon and she'll do well.

Hurley
May 19th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Craybas and Olaru are not easy opponents!!!

These are two of the easier opponents you'll find in WTA main draw matches...if she can't beat the likes of them, then the pattern will continue :speakles:

serenus_2k8
May 19th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah she has sucked since. Dont understand why she is so tired but :shrug: Only a matter of time til shes back. I expect she will do well at Wimbledon.

faboozadoo15
May 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I think she'll win a round or 2 in Paris, but if she keeps losing through Wimbledon, her season will have totally jumped the shark.

It's rather odd she's been brilliant playing for Australia and nearly winning an ITF. Looking at her draws, the only real disappointments have been against Olaru (esp since the draw is so open) and against Craybas (even though Jill had a nice run).

simonsaystennis
May 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I hope she gets it together. It would be such a shame to start off so promising and then just fall flat. Hopefully she will win a round at RG and then build on that for the rest of the season. She needs to start racking up points soon though or come next January her ranking will be shot. :sad:

jo„o.
May 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
:sad:

Havok
May 19th, 2009, 08:17 PM
She will come around eventually. She will not have crowd support like at the AO and she will need to adjust. All it takes for Dokic is one solid result and you will see many others following suit.

Just Do It
May 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM
if you count wta events only She won 1 lost 3.

DokicToServe
May 19th, 2009, 08:23 PM
She will come around eventually. She will not have crowd support like at the AO and she will need to adjust. All it takes for Dokic is one solid result and you will see many others following suit.

Exactly my point.

CiarŠn
May 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
:tears:

Pheobo
May 19th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I think that what's important is that she's playing again. Jelena's problem was always that she would give up after a few losses and disappear. Also, I don't really think anybody (including Jelena) expects her to have a very good clay season...it's just not her surface. I have a feeling that as long as she's playing full time again she'll have some good results this year, especially once grass and the faster hard courts roll around.

mirzalover
May 19th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I honestly thought things would go better but looking at it I realize its not that bad. Yeah her lost today and the one againt Jill werent to great but she only has played 3 tour level matches. Plus grass and indoors used to be her better surfaces so thats when I'll start to judge.

young_gunner913
May 19th, 2009, 09:56 PM
just to think about all the Jelena-Mania that was going on during her run in Australia and now where is it? :rolls:

Lindsayfan32
May 19th, 2009, 11:18 PM
It is a bit worrying. It makes me wonder at the moment how much her father is affecting her. she was said to be upset when she was told he was jail. I don't know why that's the case but it sounds like it might have something to do with. If she keep plugging away hopefully the results will start falling her way.

Slutati
May 19th, 2009, 11:23 PM
OMG really? Jelly. :weirdo::weirdo:

southern star
May 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Yesterday's result was the icing on the cake. Terrible stuff. What's going on?

Mr.Kardashian
May 20th, 2009, 12:04 AM
she has had awful draws..... but i think she will find some confidence over grass and then have a good run on us hardcourts

Привет
May 20th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Well she hasn't exactly played a lot, so it's not like she's been in a major slump. Once she gets a few good results, she'll hopefully start to enjoy herself more, and the results will come.

southern star
May 20th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Her draws haven't been that rough. She's been losing to pretty weak players.

Since the AO, she's lost twice to #12 Wozniacki. That's no disgrace.

What's worrying is her losses to #102 Craybas, #141 Petkovic and now #106 Olaru. She should be able to put those players in her pocket.

Uranium
May 20th, 2009, 12:56 AM
OMG really? Jelly. :weirdo::weirdo:

:speakles:

Experimentee
May 20th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Her fans overreacted after her AO run, and expected her to start playing well in WTA regularly.

In fact, her AO run was her only good result on WTA level since her slump.

Also you can't make excuses that clay is not her surface. At her peak she was very good on clay, in fact she even won Rome once. There was not much difference between her standard on clay than on other surfaces.

Golovinjured.
May 20th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Whatever haters. :rolleyes:

In reality she's only had 2 bad losses this year. Though, it is disappointing that she hasn't played more and got some rhythm, the effects of that were most clearly seen yesterday. :help:

southern star
May 20th, 2009, 02:37 AM
"Whatever haters."

Come on, commenting on her bad form doesn't make us haters. I'm a big fan but naturally I'm disappointed.

Dominic
May 20th, 2009, 03:27 AM
"Whatever haters."

Come on, commenting on her bad form doesn't make us haters. I'm a big fan but naturally I'm disappointed.

I totally agree

Sexysova
May 20th, 2009, 06:16 AM
:help:

renstar
May 20th, 2009, 08:24 AM
To me at the Aus open her face looked like someone whos gone through a LOT of worry and depression (which she has admitted to) - I would not be suprised if she is still a bit in a clinical depression, especially since her nut job father has been making ridiculous statements about blowing up the Australian embasy, and subsequently arrested. You cannot play your top tennis whilst your mind is a mess - a reason Justine retired (who admitted depression after her retirement also)

GeeTee
May 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
She's only won one main draw match at a WTA tournie, but she's won four singles matches in Fed Cup and reached the semis of a 100k. Craybas was on a bit of a streak when she beat Jelena and as others have said losing to Wozniak ain't that bad.

This result was probably her most disappointing this year, but only the most optimistic fan would've expected miracles in the first half of the year. I'm looking forward to her getting on the grass, but wouldn't be surprised if (with a kind draw) she could win a round or two at Roland Garros.

Mashabator
May 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
shell get there, give her time!!!
jelly :inlove: