PDA

View Full Version : Warsaw R1: Hantuchova def. Llagostera Vives 3-6 6-3 6-3

illusyve
May 19th, 2009, 02:20 PM
wasted 4 mps before Nuria handed her the 5th :help:
hope you play better in the next few rounds :)

bavaria86
May 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Nuri:hug:

monmonito
May 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM
whew!...Good thing Dani fights back....she's mentally strong now..
Now play better on 2nd round...;)

darkangel23
May 19th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Daniela :yeah:

monmonito
May 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=379345

sorry

monmonito
May 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
whew!...Good thing Dani fights back....she's mentally strong now..
Now play better on 2nd round...

Ciarán
May 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
:unsure:

SVK
May 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
:woohoo:

Nuria played very very well in first set and she led 3:1 in second!
But thankfully Daniela won:p

G&R
May 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
daniela..good fight down 3-1 in the second. lot of ups and down, more down unfortunately. play better next round dani
:yeah: :)

bavaria86
May 19th, 2009, 02:26 PM
:woohoo:

Nuria played very very well in first set and she led 3:1 in second!
But thankfully Daniela won:p
did you watch it?:)

SVK
May 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM
did you watch it?:)

Yes..on Eurosport:p
She hit many great dropshots:eek:

bavaria86
May 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yes..on Eurosport:p
damn i missed it:fiery:
but i wasn tat home anyway so i could have watched only the last 30 minutes:lol:
Nuri is so cute:D

#kArLoS#
May 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
it was a great match,in my opinion:p
Good job Dani,it wasn´t easy;):D:hug:

Davodus
May 19th, 2009, 02:34 PM
at least she won

improve now :D

AndreConrad
May 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Congrats Daniela :yeah:
Nuria :hug:

Duramont
May 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Daniela played with more cleverness after 1:3 and turned around the match :bigclap:

I liked when she was beating Nuria with her own weapons - dropshots. :drool:

Good fight from Nuria.

Sexysova
May 19th, 2009, 02:59 PM
good job Dani :)

Steff_forever
May 19th, 2009, 02:59 PM
at the beginning of the 3rd I thought she would lose the momentum again; but she worked to stay in the match and it paid out.

Thanks Daniela for changing the variety in 2nd set, for shaking off the hesitation and for getting it done with the 5th mp finally, pfew ;)

:bowdown:

The Dawntreader
May 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Great turnaround by Hantuchova after that set and a break deficit. Really started cleaning up her game, and she had to because Vives was playing extremely efficient and error-free tennis. It took her at least a set and a half though to get her return going which will have to improve in the current matches.

I think Daniela is slowly but steadily shaking off the shackles of her game that has inhibited her for the past season. Ironically she's moving better now, on by far her worst surface and her groundstrokes have more fluency about them. Her serve looks quite stable too. It's all about sustaining her form though, which is something she hasn't been able to do at all for the past year or so.

This could be a good tournament for her.

rockstar
May 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
good fight back from dani, and when she was on, she was :eek:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 19th, 2009, 04:18 PM
:lol: @ both of them. Nuria hit several drop shots that mostly were pretty successful against Dani.
Then in the middle of the second set, Nuria played it again but this time Dani followed her, hitting better drop shots, giving Nuria a taste of her medicine. :rolls:
Didn't bother to watch the third because I knew Dani's gonna win.:p

Lord Choc Ice
May 19th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Nice won Dani.

Dropshots are :drool:. They really don't go for them enough most of the time.

Effy
May 19th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Nuria :weirdo: could have won in 2 :sad:

Blu€
May 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Nuria :hug: you were due for a good win!
Dani improve pronto!

NewShoulderPlz.
May 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Well done, Dani! :D

*Joey*
May 19th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Danka! :yeah: :D

Europe rocks
May 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Well done Dani, a tough one, but you pulled it out in the end :)

Ciarán
May 19th, 2009, 10:26 PM
:o

Corswandt
May 19th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Hantuchova seemed to have her feet stuck on the clay for most of the match. She looked almost as lackadaisical as Benesova at times, and was close to getting overpowered by NLV in patches. I understand that nobody wants to put in that much effort in the week right before RG, but still. Stepped it up when it mattered, some good hitting, good use of dropshots.

NLV, who looks as if she just stepped out from behind the counter of a tapas bar down in Lepe, yet plays just about as aggressively as her size/frame will allow, checked out mentally for some reason after Hantuchova got a few good 1st serves in and easily held for 3-3. Odd - it's not like the match was lost.

Josh.
May 20th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Great turnaround by Hantuchova after that set and a break deficit. Really started cleaning up her game, and she had to because Vives was playing extremely efficient and error-free tennis. It took her at least a set and a half though to get her return going which will have to improve in the current matches.

I think Daniela is slowly but steadily shaking off the shackles of her game that has inhibited her for the past season. Ironically she's moving better now, on by far her worst surface and her groundstrokes have more fluency about them. Her serve looks quite stable too. It's all about sustaining her form though, which is something she hasn't been able to do at all for the past year or so.

This could be a good tournament for her.

Nice post. :yeah:

Lunaris
May 21st, 2009, 12:41 AM
Just saw first set on tape. Nothing amaze here, the match lacked tempo, both players took ages before serve. Llagostera served very well for a player of her size, hit 4 successful dropshots out of 5 total. Hantuchova struggled with the court which is slow as hell, made some typical errors. I assume she got used to the court later and that's why she won. Today against younger Radwanska was a similar story, but it took her only 4 games to find rhythm. I guess she probably will make it to final where she will submit to Sharapova in a classic fashion, aka after holding setpoints in opening set.