PDA

View Full Version : Perfect draw for Sharapova

Navratil
May 19th, 2009, 12:30 PM
It was not a surprise at all that Wozniacki withdrew from Warsaw.

Now the draw seems to be wide open for Sharapova. A perfect draw for a comeback tournament.

1st round: Garbin
2nd round: Lucky Looser
Quarterfinal: A. Bondarenko (8) or M. Domachowska
Semifinal: No seeded player left in that quarter
(plus darkhorse Dokic out)
Final: Zheng, Hantuchova or ?

Is Maria the favorit to win the title?
:confused::bounce::confused:

frenchie
May 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
errr

Have you seen her play and serve yesterday??

Navratil
May 19th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Well, it was the first match. She was probably quite nervos.
I'm sure she will be more confident with every win.

Sharpie4me
May 19th, 2009, 12:33 PM
errr

Have you seen her play and serve yesterday??

so you did watch her match yesterday? :spit:
I thought you prefer watching Amanmurandova/Domachowska instead :spit:

frenchie
May 19th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I watched both matches

tennis is tennis

Sharpie4me
May 19th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Why don't just admit that you're her secret lover :p

Mynarco
May 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM
In-form Bondarenko and Zheng would finish her 6-4 6-4

goldenlox
May 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM
She might win it. Depends on the match with Alona, who just beat Sveta in Madrid

serenus_2k8
May 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Keothavong the CCQ is going to take this title. :armed:

Matt01
May 19th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I see the bandwagoners are already in action :rolleyes:

Alex03Maccy
May 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM
maybe, but if she plays keothavong she'll lose.

handan
May 19th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Am I the only one who couldn't find any positives in her game?Her serve was awful.A good returner will crush her serve easily.She has a lot of work to do and I don't think she will accomplish it without a real coach .(practice partners don't count ;))

mashamaniac
May 19th, 2009, 01:45 PM
She doesn't have to neccessarily win the title here... don't forget she's back after 9 month of being out,so a QF or even SF would also be an ideal preparation for her! even though winning the whole thing is not out of question by any mean!

mashamaniac
May 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Am I the only one who couldn't find any positives in her game?Her serve was awful.A good returner will crush her serve easily.She has a lot of work to do and I don't think she will accomplish it without a real coach .(practice partners don't count ;))

Can i ask you, what did you expect from her when she's coming back after 9 month out plus a serious surgery on her shoulder?? you mean she should win every match 6-0 6-0 in order to accomplish anything? :help:

darkangel5452
May 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM

Yes u are, her serve wasn't awful, she was just hitting great zones without a lot of power, some great kick serves on 1st, no need to go for all everytime, plus, the pusher didn't attack her serve at all, so really she didn't need to hit that hard, about the DF, it's only a mental thing, she did 3 DF when she was serving for the match, I can get it after nine months OUT. Can't wait her meeting against Bondarenko,should be really interesting.

barmaid
May 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Its nice to finally see Maria back on court and her decision to play Warsaw is a good one....not much opposition....we certainly need Maria back in the "mix" so I hope she can get her once glorious game back!:worship:
Good luck Maria!:hearts::kiss:

Barmaid:wavey:

Adal
May 19th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Will all depend on how she plays.

Dawn Marie
May 19th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Hmm, I actually think Maria has the mentals to beat the players like Alona and Dani who are headcases. Yet the player that I think could really win the title is Zie Zheng. Why isn't she being talked about? She wants to gets some practice for RG and for her huge point run last year at Wimby. She could be really focused.

slamchamp
May 19th, 2009, 02:22 PM
bondarenko will be tough

The Dawntreader
May 19th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Keothavong the CCQ is going to take this title. :armed:

:lol:

Sharapowerr
May 19th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I watched both matches

tennis is tennis

You are really fucked up , with your nasty comments and your nasty avatar..:wavey:

Emina.
May 19th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I do not know...but...I hope so :crying2:

Go Mash!! :rocker2:

AnnaK_4ever
May 19th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Realistically, if Masha' shoulder is Ok (a big IF) the only player who could stop her is Bondarenko. The tournament is THAT weak.

Sammm
May 19th, 2009, 02:53 PM
In the short-term it was a good move to come back here. Clean up at/ get a lot of points at a weak tier 2= immediate boost in ailing ranking, no possibility of a beatdown.

The long-term results are less harder to gauge.

Maria Croft
May 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I highly doubt it, making the QF would be amazing, beyond that would just be a bonus.

faboozadoo15
May 19th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I highly doubt it, making the QF would be amazing, beyond that would just be a bonus.

I wouldn't say it's highly doubtful, but I agree. If she gets past Marta or Alona and takes out whomever in the final, it would be a huge bonus. I'm only looking for her to improve in her next match. That alone would be great.

If she plays the way she did in the first 11 games of yesterday's match, there's no one in the draw who could challenge her, even on red clay. It's really dependent on how she plays. She can't be choking left and right against in-form players.

2Black
May 19th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Sharapova will win this tourney & create more buzz for Paris

faboozadoo15
May 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Sharapova will win this tourney & create more buzz for Paris

One would hope. Maybe the women's matches will have some spectators.