PDA

View Full Version : Which region will be the strongest in women's tennis next decade?

Lin Lin
May 19th, 2009, 03:21 AM
North America,the US specifically, has been so strong for decades,as well as the western Europe.However,as tennis gets more popularized worldwide,Russia and some Eastern european countries become strong enough to compete with some traditional powers.And some new comers such as China,India,Japan,S America now are also showing some signals to be competitors.So,what do you think about the development in the next ten years?:confused::wavey:

Pasta-Na
May 19th, 2009, 03:22 AM
North America,the US specifically, has been so strong for decades,as well as the western Europe.However,as tennis gets more popularized worldwide,Russia and some Eastern european countries become strong enough to compete with some traditional powers.And some new comers such as China,India,Japan,S America now are also showing some signals to be competitors.So,what do you think about the development in the next tean years?:confused::wavey:

:confused:

Lin Lin
May 19th, 2009, 03:26 AM
:confused:

It's ten:smash::o

Temperenka
May 19th, 2009, 03:43 AM
ummm....

I presume that Eastern Europe and Russia will take over, but Asia shouldn't be too far behind.

bobbynorwich
May 19th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Russia. Look at the depth in the current Russian field. Is there any reason to expect it won't continue to produce top 30 players?

Lin Lin
May 19th, 2009, 03:49 AM
I am worried about Chinese younger players,I haven't seen any talented players except the Chinese big three Zheng,Li and Peng:sad:

The same for the US,their younger players must disappoint people considering they are a tradtional tennis power.

Temperenka
May 19th, 2009, 03:51 AM
The U.S. has some good prospects in Oudin, Keys, Glatch, McHale, and a few others.. but yes, overall American tennis is hurting.

MyskinaManiac
May 19th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Eastern Europe will continue to pump out the stars.

Zauber
May 19th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Eastern Europe Western Europe.
I assume you are still stuck in history.

Lin Lin
May 19th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Eastern Europe Western Europe.
I assume you are still stuck in history.

Would you please teach us a lesson on the issue of "Eastern Europe Western Europe",you master?:worship:

Wonderlander
May 19th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Balkans

canuckfan
May 19th, 2009, 06:06 AM
80%+ of the top 100 is made of europeans.

Tennis is in decline everywhere else except for a few emerging countries.

olivero
May 19th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Would you please teach us a lesson on the issue of "Eastern Europe Western Europe",you master?:worship:

The devision on Western and Eastern is a typical 'postsoviet' division. Europe is more complex than this. Specially that some of so called 'Eastern European countries' aren't really Eastern at all.

As for the topic. I guess Europe will still be in charge :devil:

raffles
May 19th, 2009, 09:12 PM
The devision on Western and Eastern is a typical 'postsoviet' division. Europe is more complex than this. Specially that some of so called 'Eastern European countries' aren't really Eastern at all.

As for the topic. I guess Europe will still be in charge :devil:

Why are the Polish so keen not to be considered "Eastern European" then?