PDA

View Full Version : Update from Trofeo Bonfiglio: Isabella Holland (AUS) def Madison Keys (USA) 6/2 6/0!

OZTENNIS
May 18th, 2009, 02:12 PM
As reported in the juniors thread by Michael Pemulis

Isabella :rocker: :worship: :) ;)

W!MBLEDON
May 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM
i'd be a little worried if the scoreline was closer

we need a junior that doesn't suck

then again i really hope keys does well in future matches just not against australians :haha:

Noctis
May 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
:sad: Madison

Jose.
May 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Isabella good win :woohoo:

*hingis_forever*
May 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Not surprising. Holland is 3 years older than Keys and I think that Keys might be slightly overrated as of right now.

OZTENNIS
May 18th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Michael Pemulis writes from Milan...
I watched almost the whole match. She was completely overpowered by bella's killer forehand. Counted about 40 winners shot.

Good to see Isabella has bounced back from a disappointing 25k Claycourt Circuit in OZ

Surprised none of the Americans have posted here after the worshipping Keys got from Ponte Vedra

Play_Suspended
May 18th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Surprised none of the Americans have posted here after the worshipping Keys got from Ponte Vedra

Bandwagoners :tape:, leave when the going gets tough :lol:

jdog3008
May 18th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Bandwagoners :tape:, leave when the going gets tough :lol:
You guys should be sympathetic toward our future :p

OZTENNIS
May 18th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Robson > Keys

That was a question from earlier this year.

Play_Suspended
May 18th, 2009, 11:30 PM
You guys should be sympathetic toward our future :p

I'll wave to you when we pass you on the way up :lol:

And OZTENNIS lets see how much Laura loses by tomorrow

simonsaystennis
May 19th, 2009, 12:40 AM

Exactly why I didn't go crazy over Ponte Vedra. Was I excited? Yes. Do I think that Madison has potential to be very successful. Yes. Am I surprised that she's not going out and dominating the junior circuit and moving up the WTA Rankings? No. Fact of the matter is, she's only 14 and still needs time to develop. While I'm a bit surprised that the score line isn't a bit closer, I'm not shocked by the end result. Give her a year or two and we'll see a lot more success if she keeps developing and growing her game.

Plus I don't want everyone to hype her so much. It would suck for us Americans to have another Donald Young situation on our hands. :sad:

Ciarán
May 19th, 2009, 12:48 AM
:o

Golovinjured.
May 19th, 2009, 12:51 AM
:hearts:

iPatty
May 19th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Lots of bitterness in this thread from you OZTENNIS, certainly not something I expected from a poster whom I had the utmost respect for. It is a nice win for Holland and not the best showing for Keys, I can't imagine she has played on red clay too often and Holland's game seems to be a very mature one. Hopefully she receives a better draw in Paris and is able to get some more matches in on the red stuff.

In The Zone
May 19th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Madison is 14. If you look at Serena's results at that age, she was throwing in some real duds in there, too.

Maybe we can bump this thread in 10 years.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 19th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Madison is 14. If you look at Serena's results at that age, she was throwing in some real duds in there, too.

Maybe we can bump this thread in 10 years.

Exactly! :lol: Its scary how some posters start smack talking against players so early in their career :help:.

OZTENNIS
May 19th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I'm not smacking anyone...
I just think that the hype Keys received after her R1 win on the blue clay was too much.
Does she have talent, yes.
Does she have potential for a great career, yes.

All I can say is I expected Isabella to lose, so I was never trying to be bitter or sound like I was 'smack talking' :sad:
I was just really surprised :lol:

OZTENNIS
May 19th, 2009, 01:59 AM
i'd be a little worried if the scoreline was closer

we need a junior that doesn't suck

then again i really hope keys does well in future matches just not against australians :haha:
That's a bit of a weird comment...
Why would you have been 'worried' if the scoreline was closer>

W!MBLEDON
May 19th, 2009, 03:23 AM
because it shouldn't have been, keys is only 14 and isabella should be laying the smackdown on her at least for now while she isn't getting wildcards into slams lol

nothing against keys of course, i'm happy that she's actually doing this well at 14, i'm just horribly biased :lol:

AnomyBC
May 19th, 2009, 03:29 AM
This scoreline leaves me slightly concerned about the future of American women's tennis, but I can't really complain because Isabella is HOT and Australia currently needs some rising stars even more desperately than we do :lol:

Привет
May 19th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Holland has so much more experience than Keys right now, why would this result shock anyone? :confused:

OZTENNIS
May 19th, 2009, 04:09 AM
^^
Well considering Isabella's form in the Aussie claycourt challengers, it is a bit of a shock :lol:

OZTENNIS
May 19th, 2009, 04:09 AM
This scoreline leaves me slightly concerned about the future of American women's tennis, but I can't really complain because Isabella is HOT and Australia currently needs some rising stars even more desperately than we do :lol:
LOL true that :)