May 18th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Marta :D
her returns :worship: :drool:

Calliope.
May 18th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Marta :woohoo:

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Absolutely perfect from Marta, 23-10 in winners to UE. She was dominating and didn't give Akgul any chances, the only BP in the match was saved with a fantastic passing shot.
So happy for Marta :D Defeat Bondarenko now :angel:

TheBoiledEgg
May 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
well don Marta ;) :drool:

Akgul that was a pitiful performance

Marionated
May 18th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Played very well.

aguy9797
May 18th, 2009, 01:21 PM
good win for Marta. She was so composed, and agressive charging the net, nice tennis, Marta, keep it going

olivero
May 18th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Very good match from Marta :D
She was solid and confident, a joy to watch :drool:
Congrats!

AndreConrad
May 18th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Marta congrats :yeah:

Beat
May 18th, 2009, 02:02 PM
this was the first time i watched a whole match by akgul - and i was shocked by what i witnessed: played like an amateur :shrug:

Sexysova
May 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM
congrats Marta :D

WTF was that Amanmuradova? :spit:

GoLdEnSeToV
May 18th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Marta wow;) Great match:) Good luck:)

Adrian.
May 18th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Marta:drool::inlove:
Perfect match, nearly, only the 4 DF's make me sad today;)
The rest was very good...:)
I hope she can beat Bonadarenko/Piter to play against Maria in QF:drool::devil:

monmonito
May 18th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Nice Marts...
now win another match!

markhingis
May 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Marta, that was such a joy to watch you play like this! Please, do well on your home soil!!!

Marcelo.
May 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Marta :drool::couple:

disco_rage
May 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Well done Marta

W!MBLEDON
May 18th, 2009, 03:30 PM
wasn't domachowska scheduled to have surgery or something but keeps belating it

i don't know, it seems unlikely at this point, just wondering haha i'm probably wrong

adam_ads_n
May 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
wasn't domachowska scheduled to have surgery or something but keeps belating it

i don't know, it seems unlikely at this point, just wondering haha i'm probably wrong
Yes, she was to have appendix surgery, but later on it turned out she doesn't need it, because her appendix got much better.

Well done Marta :)

darkangel23
May 18th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Marta :yeah:

Good luck in 2r!

TennisViewer531
May 18th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Akgul's not moving well in that match. Must be the height...

rucolo
May 18th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Strong performance, Marta!:D:yeah:
23 winners, 10 unforced errors!
It was a joy to watch!:drool:
Many great winners!

Marta looked stunning.:hearts:

Good luck vs Alona, Marta!;)

The Dawntreader
May 18th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Marta is remiscent of Ivanovic circa 2005. Similar service motion, and sweeping winners. Lovely to watch.

Akgul has one shot that could credit as being top 40- her serve. Everything else is less formidable.

drake3781
May 18th, 2009, 10:15 PM
:o

I hope Agkul can pull it together.

Is this a case of Marta playing well? Or just showing up a poor performance from her opponent? Do hope she is playing well, but after two years of watching her results and some very lackadaisical play, it's just hope now.

vadin124
May 18th, 2009, 10:16 PM
i never fully appreciated just how beautiful Marta is before this match...

now there is no doubt in my mind who is the most beautiful player on tour!:worship:

Escape
May 18th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Congrats Marta :D
Keep it going.

Corswandt
May 18th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Akgul, Elephant on Ice.:o

Amanmuradova actually seems quite comfortable on clay - slides, moves forward quite well to scoop up dropshots, uses dropshots herself, etc. But she's just the closest thing the WTA has to a big serving goon with no game.

Domachowska is probably the Fastest Drawer in the East - her FH swing is so quick and compact, and she can get such racquethead speed on it even with next to no preparation/backswing, it's just unbelievable. She uses her ultrafast, often abbreviated swings to great effect on ROS - as she gradually became more confident, she began to step forward to take the ball earlier, and by the end of the match she was having a go at Amanmuradova's 1st serves. Her groundstrokes really are superb (CC FH is to die for; the passing shot winner when BP down in the 2nd was :drool: ) - what she lacks are tactical skills and court sense. Also, even though her movement is good, her anticipation/reflexes are merely adequate to poor.

Natash.
May 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Desperately want Marta to breakthrough. Love watching her play.

Elisse
May 18th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Amanmuradova actually seems quite comfortable on clay - slides, moves forward quite well to scoop up dropshots, uses dropshots herself, etc.

:worship:

Though the match today wasn't good...her matches in the last few weeks have been amazing!! :eek: (Sad it wasn't one of those that was shown on TV instead) She played incredibly well in Madrid!!! :worship: She totally demolished the girl in the QR2 Madrid and played some awesome tennis against Lourdes Dominguez Lino in R1...and even though she lost that match..her tennis was amazing! :hearts: Lots of variety, beautiful dropshots, she was moving well, effective serve, great athletisim and she played such well thought out shots - was a great match!

So yeah..she had a bad match today....but Marta just played better than her :)

:hug: @ Akgul

new-york
May 19th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Martish, the ultimate Polish. :hearts:

drake3781
May 19th, 2009, 02:37 AM
:worship:

Though the match today wasn't good...her matches in the last few weeks have been amazing!! :eek: (Sad it wasn't one of those that was shown on TV instead) She played incredibly well in Madrid!!! :worship: She totally demolished the girl in the QR2 Madrid and played some awesome tennis against Lourdes Dominguez Lino in R1...and even though she lost that match..her tennis was amazing! :hearts: Lots of variety, beautiful dropshots, she was moving well, effective serve, great athletisim and she played such well thought out shots - was a great match!

So yeah..she had a bad match today....but Marta just played better than her :)

:hug: @ Akgul

Good to read this about Akgul..... thanks. :)

rucolo
May 19th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Domachowska is probably the Fastest Drawer in the East - her FH swing is so quick and compact, and she can get such racquethead speed on it even with next to no preparation/backswing, it's just unbelievable. She uses her ultrafast, often abbreviated swings to great effect on ROS - as she gradually became more confident, she began to step forward to take the ball earlier, and by the end of the match she was having a go at Amanmuradova's 1st serves. Her groundstrokes really are superb (CC FH is to die for; the passing shot winner when BP down in the 2nd was :drool: ) - what she lacks are tactical skills and court sense. Also, even though her movement is good, her anticipation/reflexes are merely adequate to poor.

I completely agree.:yeah:
Sad but true.
Marta also lacks mental strength.