PDA

View Full Version : Safina will receive bigger prize money than Roger.. fair?

TennisViewer531
May 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Check out the breakdown of prize money for the Madrid winners:

http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/05/18/mutua-madrilena-madrid-open-winners/

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Well, it's a good start to make up for all those years when the women got so much less.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_bounce.gif (javascript:void(0);)

TheBoiledEgg
May 17th, 2009, 04:37 PM
2009 WTA Tour and ATP
Prize Money Distributions Madrid
At our Premier Mandatory events in Indian Wells, Miami and Madrid, WTA Tour has equal
prize money with the ATP ($4.5M). Recently, the ATP notified the Tour that they have
adjusted the men's round-by-round prize money breakdowns at these events. ATP plans to
reduce the prize money paid out to the men's winner, finalist and semi finalists and increase
prize money in the earlier rounds.
While we respect the position the ATP has taken with their prize money distribution, as a
Tour, we are comfortable maintaining our present position. Therefore, the total prize money
paid out on-site by the ATP and WTA Tour will remain the same; however, the on-site roundby-
round breakdowns will now be different.

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Completely fair!

TennisViewer531
May 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks Mod for that info...

serenus_2k8
May 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Caro > Rafa, so yeah. :tape:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Fair , unlike Federer , Safina did not beat a dead man walking

Warrior
May 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
No

goldenlox
May 17th, 2009, 04:54 PM
In today's economy, beating Wozniacki, Schnyder and Bondarenko should be worth million$$

tea
May 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
MTF has the same topic. Are you all guys blind or what? They both Federer and Safina were given a 620,000 Euro cheque during the ceremony.:scratch:

-NAJ-
May 17th, 2009, 04:59 PM
MTF has the same topic. Are you all guys blind or what? They both Federer and Safina were given a 620,000 Euro cheque during the ceremony.:scratch:

I also saw that;)

Wiggly
May 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Roger will envy Dinara, I guess. :tape:

tea
May 17th, 2009, 05:16 PM
What did Federer do ? . Nothing

The amazing job of beating his pigeons Soderling (clay court clown) , Roddick (clay court clown) , Blake (all court clown , specially clay) , Del Pony (clown) and a dead man walking in the Final

Dinara deserves more money than Federer
After the 5+ hours semifinal in Melbourne the 'dead man' beat the legendary one in the 5th set. After a best-of-three semi in Madrid he surely have been deadly.:lol:

Yep, Dinara's final was a way too interesting, while the mens one had an obvious favorite, Federer.:lol:

Oh, relax a bit, Nadal fan:hug:

AnnaK_4ever
May 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM
After the 5+ hours semifinal in Melbourne the 'dead man' beat the legendary one in the 5th set. After a best-of-three semi in Madrid he surely have been deadly.:lol:

Rafa had a day off before Melbourne final :secret:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 05:24 PM

Yep, Dinara's final was a way too interesting, while the mens one had an obvious favorite, Federer.:lol:

Oh, relax a bit, Nadal fan:hug:

Day of rest in Australia

Anyway , I don´t care the loss of Nadal today , Federer is not threat in RG . A loss vs Fakervic would have been a disaster

Dinara´s Final was not interesting , I agree. But at least she beat a rival in excellent physical shape today

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Roger will envy Dinara, I guess. :tape:

No, it's worse. He'll maliciously envy her.

:)

Slammer7
May 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM

:)

:yeah:

HRHoliviasmith
May 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Fair , unlike Federer , Safina did not beat a dead man walking

excuses,excuses....:lol:

spice_of_life
May 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Federer had two days off before the AO final. ;)

debopero
May 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM
yes it is fair

The Dawntreader
May 17th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah of course. Think about the total missed years of better prizemoney that the women had when they played joint tournaments with men under the exact same conditions.

Though strictly speaking i'm not into this 'eye for an eye' business with prize-money. However i'll make an exception this tournament.

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Nah, I thought they both had equal prize money for the tournament but the money differentials for the winner were due to the fact that the ATP were being fairer to the losers in the earlier rounds, giving more of a percentage of the money pot to them & thus reducing the amount the winner gets out of the overall pot. Whilst the WTA is happy to give tons to the winner & have less sharing of the wealth so to speak.

LCS
May 17th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Nadal fans are so bitter today :o

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Nah, I thought they both had equal prize money for the tournament but the money differentials for the winner were due to the fact that the ATP were being fairer to the losers in the earlier rounds, giving more of a percentage of the money pot to them & thus reducing the amount the winner gets out of the overall pot. Whilst the WTA is happy to give tons to the winner & have less sharing of the wealth so to speak.

That's right. If the men don't like it, they can complain to the men's professional tennis association (ATP) which made the decision to decrease the paycheck for the male winner and runner-up.

Dini.
May 17th, 2009, 10:40 PM
So much sour grapes in here :o

AnomyBC
May 17th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Yay! Roger beat Rafa! :woohoo:

Corswandt
May 17th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Safina will receive bigger prize money than Roger.. fair?

Of course it's fair. Safina beat the undisputed GOAT, Federer whomped some ass-picking moonballer.

Dunlop1
May 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM
The women do not deserve the same as the men because they do not generate as much interest or revenue. It is as simple as that. Most especially in slams.
No one can tell me that more people watched or were interested in Safina/Wozniacki than NADAL/anybody. It's in his freaking country.

Anyway, the PC crowd fed into the equal prize money BS so that ship has sailed. They all get paid too much anyway.

TennisViewer531
May 18th, 2009, 01:51 AM

:woohoo: :secret::yeah: