PDA

View Full Version : Madrid F:Current #1D.Safina beats future #1C.Wozniacki 6-2,6-4

Lin Lin
May 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
:worship:Safina:worship:
Three finals in a row and two back-to-back big titles:worship:Good luck in French Open:D

Caro:hug:You are the first top10 player born in 1990s:worship:Future #1!!Keep going and improve forehand more:hearts:

kman
May 17th, 2009, 01:31 PM
triple post

kman
double post

kman
Safina in 2 like I predicted. Three back-to-back finals (2 wins, 1 loss). Without a doubt the #1 player in the world right now :worship:

Caro :hug: Terrible 1st set, but good 2nd set where had some huge break chances. Unfortunately it was not to be, but great tournament overall. Now please skip Warsaw and rest up for French Open :)

Slampova
Congrats to Dinara... I guess shes the clear favourite for RG now?? :shrug:

Well done also to Caro for another great week :angel:

ce
Wta :yawn:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Well done Caro for making the second more competitive!

Quite a long match for that scoreline! But :shrug:

Safina :rolleyes: :yeah:

Lin Lin
Safina:worship:

CloudAtlas
Congrats Dinara , two titles in two weeks , the real #1 right now :rocker: (although I did spot some illegal coaching going on :p)

Caro , fighter to the last point :hug: The match was tougher than the scoreline suggests , it went on for nearly 2 hours.

Best tournament to date and the only top 10 player who lost to someone they were expected to lose to. And that too the World #1 and the most in-form player on the tour right now playing on their best surface and you on your least favoured surface. Nothing to be too disappointed about.

Plus some stunning play from her at 4-3 40-0 down in the second set. Drop shots ,drive volleys and cross court winners...pusher my ass. :rolleyes: . If only she played like she did in the last 3 games throughout the entire match she could've had a chance.

Let the haters say what they want , you did good this week , and having haters just means you're doing something right , I suppose after fudding themselves silly at you making the final this must be a healthy release for them :angel:

Great to see Sorana Cirstea and Fernando Verdasco in her player box :)

TheBoiledEgg
well done Dinara :) :)
was comfortable until 6-2 4-3 40-0
then that game was pretty huge, nearly blew it.

Marilyn Monheaux
Looks like she's a worthy No.1 afterall:yeah:

joăo.
Well done Safina :rolleyes:

Caro :rolleyes: :sad:

Emina.
great week Caro :hug: :hug::hug:

Sean.
:woohoo: Dinara. Now win RG :armed:
:hug: Caro

Dodoboy.
:sad:

HRHoliviasmith
as expected :woohoo:

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Extremely boring match

Congratz Dindin :bounce:

Caro :hug:

Expat
should have been 6-2 6-2 but safina committed a ton of UEs to make the scoreline close

Nikkiri
Still a great week for Caro :hug:

iPatty
Should have won much easier, but got the job done nonetheless.

Sharpie4me
future number 1 my ass

RenaSlam.
May 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I think Wozniacki proved this week that she's not a pusher and has much more to her game than everyone on this board thinks.

Variety and speed are keys to her game, in time she'll learn to be more aggressive with her groundstrokes and serve.

CloudAtlas
should have been 6-2 6-2 but safina committed a ton of UEs to make the scoreline close

That's not really fair , Caro did raise her game at that point but it was a bit too late.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Another awesome win for Dinara :D Now please rest up before RG and win the title :hearts:
Caro :hug:Your time will come :)

ElusiveChanteuse
Dina :bowdown: Most dominant clay court player in recent years since Justine. Hope she won't run out of steam in FO.:unsure:
Rest well.:hug:
Caro :hug: Great week and hopefully you'll make a breakthrough in slams too.;)

Noctis
Now Reveal the True Face of wozniackis Fans

Dina :inlove: Never in doubt 1 Final 2 Win all Premier+

saul1333
May 17th, 2009, 01:35 PM
:woohoo:

Well done Dinara.

Some good play from Caro in some parts.

nicidle
wouldnt safina be tired? I really think that she wouldnt and would win RG!
she is so fit!
Btw please learn from safina, elena. see how she worked on caro's forehand. tho i think safina's sronger backhand is the key.

kman
Now Reveal the True Face of wozniackis Fans

:worship: Safina :worship:

No hating here :p

Dinayer
May 17th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Dina :woohoo:
another title :drool: well done!!

Caro :hug: :awww:

Adal
May 17th, 2009, 01:37 PM

CloudAtlas
:woohoo:

Well done Dinara.

Some good play from Caro in some parts.

:eek:

Are you actually saying this??? :worship:

Blue-Eyed Soul
I hope Safina wins at RG. She better. ;)

Slutiana
I think Wozniacki proved this week that she's not a pusher and has much more to her game than everyone on this board thinks.

Variety and speed are keys to her game, in time she'll learn to be more aggressive with her groundstrokes and serve.
No she didnt.
Step to this.

Safina; Best claycourter in the world, saviour of Womens tennis. Never in doubt, congrats.

disco_rage
Well done Dinara....................Now get some rest for Roland Garros!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard luck Caroline.................But great tournament and despite what some losers say on here, a welcome addtion to the Top 10.

Ciarán
May 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Dinara :bigclap::woohoo:

goldenlox
May 17th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Dinara is back in her good consistent form. Now can she carry that to another title?

Taniaaa
Caro:hug: still a great tournament:)

Safina it's so annoying:tape:

Alicia Rocks
Good week Caro :hug:
Too good Dina :yeah:

Dini.
May 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Well done Dina!! :bowdown:

Justifying your ranking....:rocker2:

Tatianadove
May 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
:bounce::worship::hearts:

itzhak
May 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Is the award ceremony is after the men final? it was very short with only flowers and not trophy at all....

homogenius
Dinara totaly schooled her in the first, then slowly started to hit more and more ue and Wozniacki tried to take advantage but failed.

Impressive last 3 weeks from Dinara.

Sharpie4me
:drool:

Sergius
:worship: Excellent, Di!
Great win for #1!!
Di: 24 winners/30 UE, Caro: 15 winners, 27 UE:p

anon57
May 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM
:rocker2:Way to go Dinara :bounce:
Good week for Caroline as well

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 17th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Is the award ceremony is after the men final? it was very short with only flowers and not trophy at all....

I noticed that too. Maybe they were afraid people were going to leave. :angel:

C. Drone
May 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
congrats dina :woohoo: :bigclap:

power and shotmaking owns this kind of "pushing".
Caroline fought, but she was harmless. still good week for her.

tennismaster8820
May 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Well done Dinara! :yeah:

Wozniacki just doesn't have enough weapons, she mostly likes to just stay in rallies, often using moonballs or drop shots.
When she tries to be more agressive she is out of her confort zone.

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_trophy.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) Good job, Dinara http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_trophy.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Caro actually added a little variety into her game, hopefully more of this from her in the future. Needs to add more firepower to that serve though. Too bad she's playing Warsaw next week rather than resting for FO.

Guess they will award trophys in combined ceremony with the men?

Marionated
May 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Well done, Dinara.

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_trophy.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) Good job, Dinara http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_trophy.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Caro actually added a little variety into her game, hopefully more of this from her in the future. Needs to add more firepower to that serve though. Too bad she's playing Warsaw next week rather than resting for FO.

Guess they will award trophys in combined ceremony with the men?

She might withdraw from Warsaw. Don't tell anybody.

Spiritof42
Congrats Dinara. She's been dealing with the pressure of being a "slamless" #1 very well in the last few weeks.

Caro :hug: Still a great week.

That 3-4 game in the 2nd set was huge. Caroline had been outplayed for the first set and a half, but she still was competing well and was managing to hold her own in the rallies more and more. A break for 4-4 might have turned the set on its head, but it was not to be.

One key stat today was that Dinara actually had a better 1st serve % than Caroline (73% vs. 65%). That's the highest it's been for Dinara all week, and by contrast the lowest % of the week for Caroline.

Other noteworthy stats:
24 winners and 30 UEs for Dinara, 15 winners (11 of which came in the 2nd set) and 27 UEs for Caroline.

bobbynorwich
Safina it's so annoying:tape:

As in "annoyingly good?" :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Jean-Henri
May 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Good match from caro
Only 18, first final at this level, and against world # 1 Safina.
Still learning, and I guess she must try that a few times before she will unfold her full potential in a situation like this.

Great match from Safina. Admirably constant during the last tournaments. She's the true current WTA queen.

Best of luck for both in RG.

Drimal
May 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Dinara is in top form :yeah:

M.P
May 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Caro:hug:
your hard work will pay off no so soon!
WD Safina

kman
Too bad she's playing Warsaw next week rather than resting for FO.

Is this officially confirmed? I was hoping she'd withdraw...

delicatecutter
Never in doubt!! :worship:

Dinara has saved women's tennis!! :D So happy about this result!!! :woohoo: Tennis has beaten anti-tennis. The pusher has FINALLY been stopped. All is well again in the universe. Thank you Dina!! :kiss: :hug:

LUVMIRZA
Dinara, the Real No.1:worship: Pushniacki was moonballing as usual:o Such a boring player:tape:

bandabou
Ouch, Serena...if Dinara keeps playing like this...

CloudAtlas

Dinara has saved women's tennis!! :D So happy about this result!!! :woohoo: Tennis has beaten anti-tennis. The pusher has FINALLY been stopped. All is well again in the universe. Thank you Dina!! :kiss: :hug:

http://www.drphil.com/

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 17th, 2009, 01:52 PM

I don't understand the Caro hate. Good players couldn't stop her from getting to the final. Whose fault is that?

kman
May 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM
http://www.drphil.com/

:lol:

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Is this officially confirmed? I was hoping she'd withdraw...

I'm hoping as well. Caro needs to rest for RG.

CloudAtlas
May 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I think this match made me realise that the reason Caro doesn't play aggressive more often is because she seldom plays top 10 players. Against lower ranked opponets it's easier to just be more passive as they tend to have less power and less control and therefore she's used to that style of play.

That's why she lacks the experience of playing agressive and she hardly gets the opportunity to play that way. Now that's she's top 10 she will get that opportunity and hopefully will learn to win the big matches.

KV
May 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Well done Safina :)

Uranium
May 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I noticed that too. Maybe they were afraid people were going to leave. :angel:

People would leave 20 minutes before Federer-Nadal?:lol:

Go Federer:rocker2:

VIKA?
May 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Caro:hug:

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 17th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I think this match made me realise that the reason Caro doesn't play aggressive more often is because she seldom plays top 10 players. Against lower ranked opponets it's easier to just be more passive as they tend to have less power and less control and therefore she's used to that style of play.

That's why she lacks the experience of playing agressive and she hardly gets the opportunity to play that way. Now that's she's top 10 she will get that opportunity and hopefully will learn to win the big matches.

That's exactly the case for Caro. With more experience against the top players comes improvement. Dinara herself was in Caro's shoes.

Galsen
May 17th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Ouch, Serena...if Dinara keeps playing like this...

clay season will be over soon:angel:

Sexysova
May 17th, 2009, 01:58 PM
never in doubt, congrats Dinara :D

Caro :hug: great week.. rest up for RG :kiss:

TennisViewer531
May 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Good job Dinara!

http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/05/17/madrid-open-safina-sweeps-past-wozniacki-to-clinch-title/

Dini.
May 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
People would leave 20 minutes before Federer-Nadal?:lol:

Go Federer:rocker2:

:lol:

:topic: Go Fed! :bounce: :unsure:

kman
May 17th, 2009, 02:01 PM
clay season will be over soon:angel:

Serena was down 4 match points against Wozniacki on hard, lost Miami to Azarenka on hard and lost a career-low 4 matches (or was it 3?) in a row recently. Safina is looking more and more like the real #1, but if Serena wins FO I take back everything I said :lol:

olivero
May 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM
expected

it was amazing tournament for Caroline though :)

JadeFox
May 17th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Even though she's not one of my favorites, I gotta give Dinara her due. She has grown into a more mature, complete player over the past 18 months and is now the favorite for RG. Well done! :hatoff:

As for Caro, her game is still a work in progress. I do like that in the second set she was willing to do something new and that she never gave up. It's been a great week for you hon. Please withdraw from Warsaw. :hug:

Bijoux0021
May 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Congrats Dinara! Great job!

saul1333
May 17th, 2009, 02:09 PM
:eek:

Are you actually saying this??? :worship:

:lol: it's easier to say it when she just lost. But there was a cool point where she mooned and came in and drop shotted.

darkangel23
May 17th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Monica_Rules
May 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Dinara playing like the #1. I hope she crowns it by winning RG, then no one can complain.

hablo
May 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
As expected.

Well done, Dinara! :bowdown:

Bijoux0021
May 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
future number 1 my ass
Why not? All she has to do is play a lot and be consistent. She doesn't have to win a Slam.

Craig.
May 17th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Caro still hasn't withdrawn from Warsaw? :rolls:

Galsen
May 17th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Serena was down 4 match points against Wozniacki on hard, lost Miami to Azarenka on hard and lost a career-low 4 matches (or was it 3?) in a row recently. Safina is looking more and more like the real #1, but if Serena wins FO I take back everything I said :lol:

i wasn't talking about Serena but Safina , tell me her results this year on hard?
and :o to Azarenka's lost

Ju's backhand
May 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Safina's starting to making things look slightly more interesting.

AnnaK_4ever
May 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Why not? All she has to do is play a lot and be consistent. She doesn't have to win a Slam.

But she will have to win multiple Tier Is and reach slam finals/semis. And her game is not good enough to achieve all this.

Kart
May 17th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Good for Safina.

Hopefully she'll carry this form in and do well in Paris.

kman
May 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
i wasn't talking about Serena but Safina , tell me her results this year on hard?

Better than Serena's on clay.

Elwin.
May 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Dinara :worship:
Great 3 weeks. Now rest up for RG :yeah:

iGOAT
May 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Dina is totally number one... I think she will win the French Open. Congratulations to her for another huge title!

DefyingGravity
May 17th, 2009, 02:25 PM
But she will have to win multiple Tier Is and reach slam finals/semis. And her game is not good enough to achieve all this.

Hey, the future without the Williams sisters is fairly bleak...Ivanovic, Sharapova, Jankovic, Safina. Safina and Sharapova seem to be the two who will be dividing majors in my opinion along with Azarenka. No one else! Wozniacki can be a legitimate number one, but only if she learns how to step up and take a good rip when she sets herself up. She cannot be satisfied with just standing behind the baseline and trying to just out consistent her opponents. The big hitting women, and even Jankovic can just push her around. No no no no no. When she starts taking more risks, then I will give her the nod as a number one.

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM

Yes, what you say is true. And it's worth repeating, she's just a kid still.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/tender.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) Caro http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/tender.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Zébulon
May 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Good for Safina.

Hopefully she'll carry this form in and do well in Paris.

+1

oleada
May 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Congrats, Dinara! Great clay season so far; she's definitely the favorite for Roland Garros.

Exactly what happens when Wozniacki faces a good player - she loses easily.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Congrats, Dinara! Great clay season so far; she's definitely the favorite for Roland Garros.

What does that say about Elena? :scared:
:D

kman
May 17th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Or wins three times in a row (Dementieva, #5 in the world).

Safina is #1 and almost unstoppable on clay. Everyone else would have lost to her today too.

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Good tourney Caro, not a bad result losing to Dinara. :D

Sfaina :eek: I'm pretty impressed, did not expect her to have this kind of clay season. She'll be the clear favorite going into RG, lets see if she can handle the pressure.

Aaric
May 17th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Dinara:yeah:

Caro u tried

charmedRic
May 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
:lol: @ the WOZ haters ... she could be #1 in the future, GET OVER IT.

Congrats & G'Luck to both ladies @ Roland Garros.

anon57
May 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM
:awww:Wozniacki looks adorable during the throphy ceremony with her hair down

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Quite a remarkable turn-around for Safina as she used to wilt under pressure. Now she seems to thrive on it. As they say, most tennis games are won from above the neck.

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
She could be, so could brie.

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 04:10 PM
:awww:Wozniacki looks adorable during the throphy ceremony with her hair down

And when does she not look adorable? :)

G&R
May 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Dina :worship:

Kworb
May 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Dinara's Spanish :worship:

Officinale
May 17th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Omg, do I have a problem with my ears or were they playing Queen's Thank god it's Christmas during the ceremony?? :help:

Ferg
May 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
OMG!!! 3 finals, 2 titles in 3 weeks!! Worst #1 eva!!!1!1!

fester
May 17th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Omg, do I have a problem with my ears or were they playing Queen's Thank god it's Christmas during the ceremony?? :help:

I think you will find it was "A Kind Of Magic"

DS.Fan.
May 17th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Well Done Dina!!Good Luck in FO!!!Believe yourself,you're the best.BTW,I love your smile so much!

Officinale
May 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I think you will find it was "A Kind Of Magic"

I just checked it on youtube and you were right. Thanks :D It would have been too creepy anyway if it actually was a christmas song :lol:

anon57
May 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM
And when does she not look adorable? :)Good point, She's a very pretty girl but I think she looks nicer when her hair is down

~CANUCK~
May 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Do not post pics that belong to Getty please.

kman
May 17th, 2009, 05:01 PM
It was a watermarked thumbnail?

So how come?

LindsayRulz
May 17th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Dinara :worship:

Aleksandrina
May 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1478/b0e31981169c3ff39821f09.jpg

kman
May 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06t1bnz8Fgf7Q/1000x.jpg

haha Wozniacki, could you possibly be in better company?

#1 ATP, #2 ATP, #1 WTA and CAROLINE WOZNIACKI!

I think you're allowed to feel a little VIP in moments like those :P

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Oh how cool!

Everyone one in that photo will or already has held the #1 spot :angel:

kman
May 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Oh how cool!

Everyone one in that photo will or already has held the #1 spot :angel:

I'm sure the tall guy in the middle will be delighted to hear that :lol:

Aleksandrina
May 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6265/211c607a6e9abb1a2386dcd.jpg

Aleksandrina
May 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2722/92297254af7b8f5dc390b86.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4590/d4189a3c4985e2d07870bda.jpg

Aleksandrina
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6241/3444b6e2202ef81fb7ab652.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8702/155defa9c8cb6067a826526.jpg

Aleksandrina
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1134/610xldpk.jpg

Aleksandrina
May 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gyzeq7btA5Cz/610x.jpg

Aleksandrina
May 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01XI4Qz4i63GD/610x.jpg

kman
May 17th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Safina is one tall mofo. Looks taller than Federer in some of the photos...

CrossCourt~Rally
May 17th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Nicely done Dina:worship:! She has really impressed me over the past few weeks:bounce:

Also a nice week from Wozi. :bounce:

Btw, i'm luvin all of the above posted photos of this years champs :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
May 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Safina is one tall mofo. Looks taller than Federer in some of the photos...

I was just thinking the same thing ! :eek::D

CloudAtlas
May 17th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Great pics , thanks for posting :)

CrossCourt~Rally
May 17th, 2009, 06:04 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4590/d4189a3c4985e2d07870bda.jpg

Hillary Swank :hearts:

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Dina and Roger! :kiss: :worship: So cute!!

Noctis
May 17th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Standing next to former *1 Champion Dina proud of you :kiss:

Aleksandrina
May 17th, 2009, 06:08 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d8/fullj.aadc9dfeae563b6956d61e078a68ee00/aadc9dfeae563b6956d61e078a68ee00-getty-86044121jj015_madrid_tennis.jpg

~{X}~
May 17th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I don't know if anyone remarked on this but the Championship trophies of the Madrid tournament look exactly like the Runner Up Trophies for the US Open... but the US Open one's look better. :tape:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/3e/fullj.70de7528defd3842d66f32bb4492214e/70de7528defd3842d66f32bb4492214e-getty-86044121jj013_madrid_tennis.jpghttp://2008.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_0907_078_Serena.jpg

~CANUCK~
May 17th, 2009, 06:18 PM
It was a watermarked thumbnail?

So how come?

Getty doesn't allow us to post there copyrighted pics on here.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=214492

kman
May 17th, 2009, 06:28 PM
^^ Hmm weird. It's free advertising. I guess the people at Getty are not very bright.

markhingis
May 17th, 2009, 06:31 PM
congrats Dinara! she's bound to win RG!

Expat
May 17th, 2009, 06:32 PM
^^ Hmm weird. It's free advertising. I guess the people at Getty are not very bright.

It isn't. TF isn't paying for the right to use GettyImages on its website. And there isn't any product placement in those images that are favorable for Getty. Are you likely to buy a Getty Image for your website if it was available for free elsewhere? AFAIK Getty does not get a cut in advtg revenue of TF. It has to recover its costs too.

Serena-rules-no1
May 17th, 2009, 06:34 PM
zero slams, joke no.1

keeps winning these tournaments with Serena injured and other players off form

she won't win RG

gmak
May 17th, 2009, 06:35 PM
dinara :yeah: :worship: :rocker:
another great week for the world #1 :)

caro :hug: please withdraw from Warsaw

H.A.M.
May 17th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Good job Dinara! :great:

starin
May 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Great tournament Caro :worship:

Beat
May 17th, 2009, 07:09 PM
amazing form. hopefully she can keep it up for some more time :)

kman
May 17th, 2009, 07:13 PM
It isn't. TF isn't paying for the right to use GettyImages on its website. And there isn't any product placement in those images that are favorable for Getty. Are you likely to buy a Getty Image for your website if it was available for free elsewhere? AFAIK Getty does not get a cut in advtg revenue of TF. It has to recover its costs too.

It was just the thumbnail, the same thumbnail that they are advertising on their own site in hope of people buying the full version. Their watermark was on the thumbnail and the [IMG] embed was linking to their website. It's not like they're losing money on someone posting the watermarked thumbnail on a forum, the same watermarked thumbnail which is available for everyone to see on their own website (for free). If someone here is a huge Wozniacki or Safina fan and sees the thumbnail posted here and wants the full version, they'd be able to go to GettyImages and buy the full version so they can print it out and frame it on their wall right? That's money Getty's way, money they might not have otherwise gotten. Win-win situation.

It's not like TennisForum.com is going to pay for the right of their users to post GettyImages anyway. Certainly Getty won't gain anything from making this restriction, but they might lose a few buys...

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Anybody know the ranking points for top 5 on Monday (after Madrid)?

Beat
May 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM
zero slams, joke no.1

she won't win RG

bitter, repetitive, annyoing ... can anyone think of more accurate adjectives?

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
bitter, repetitive, annyoing ... can anyone think of more accurate adjectives?

Yes: delusional. Serena's not injured, it's just an excuse.

Alex03Maccy
May 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM
brainless ballbasher def pusher, glad i missed it. hope you choke at the french dinara.

thegreendestiny
May 17th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Thank goodness Dinara won. I'm surprised she speaks good Spanish. :worship:

thegreendestiny
May 17th, 2009, 07:37 PM
zero slams, joke no.1

she won't win RG

You're as arrogant and classless as your idol. :o

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Thank goodness Dinara won. I'm surprised she speaks good Spanish. :worship:

Apparently, she trained in Valencia for a few years.

thegreendestiny
May 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Apparently, she trained in Valencia for a few years.

I thought so. I can imagine Sveta's Spanish being ugly sounding since her English is horrible.

Hopefully, Elena will give a very nice French speech in RG (...if and when she wins it of course:mad:).

goldenlox
May 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
That Madrid crowd wanted Nadal. Nadal has the pressure of being #1. He choked with 2 bp's in that last game
Dinara and Marat trained in Spain for a while

terjw
May 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Bad luck Caro. All good experience. And WD Dinara.

I Wanted Caro to win but didn't think it was very likely. I didn't see the match but both can be proud of what they did in this tournament.

I notice some Caro fans want her to rest up and withdraw from Warsaw. She's young and she doesn't seem to be the withdrawing type. Up to a point - some players just do better and better the more they play. There will come a time no doubt that Caro will have to cut her schedule down. But right now I think it's great we get to see her so often.

Daniel
May 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Well done Dinara :)

SAEKeithSerena
May 17th, 2009, 09:20 PM
way to go, dinara.

i'd be STUNNED if she didn't win Roland Garros. she's on fire.

Kitten63
May 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Congrats Dinara! :bounce:

cn ireland
May 17th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Congrats on title #11 Dinara:yeah:!

Corswandt
May 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM
As expected.

Safina played about half as well as she had done against Schnyder in the SF and still it was more than enough for a routine win, close to a beatdown at times. Fuel was enough - just (she was no longer moving her feet in the final game). Punished Wozniacki's moonballs often enough for the final to be about as fun as a match featuring Wozniacki can be.

Wozniacki played the same shit she played throughout the tournament. GOATdom will have to wait.

mapaliey
May 17th, 2009, 10:28 PM
what's wrong with WTA..???
bring back henin,kim,lindsay,hingis,sharapova

oleada
May 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I thought so. I can imagine Sveta's Spanish being ugly sounding since her English is horrible.

Hopefully, Elena will give a very nice French speech in RG (...if and when she wins it of course:mad:).

Actually, Sveta's Spanish is very good. She even has a trace of a Spanish accent!

Roookie
May 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Dinara is the "real" favourite to win the French!.

Intersing second half of the year for Caro as she can only play ONE MM tournament!, we know how that worked out for Aga :lol:

MechWarrior2k
May 18th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Anybody know the ranking points for top 5 on Monday (after Madrid)?

From the WTA site:
1 (1) SAFINA, DINARA RUS 9801 19
2 (2) WILLIAMS, SERENA USA 7838 17
3 (3) WILLIAMS, VENUS USA 7237 16
4 (5) DEMENTIEVA, ELENA RUS 6931 22
5 (4) JANKOVIC, JELENA SRB 6720 21

Seeing that Safina is the favorite for the French and that she only made the 3rd round of Wimbledon last year, she's got room to bump up that lead. :)

Another interesting stat is that 5400 of Serena's points come from her 2 slam wins and runner up. Only 2438 points elsewhere. As for Safina, 3700 of her points are from her 2 slam finals and semifinal. 6101 come from elsewhere.

Stamp Paid
May 18th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Ugh I hope she bombs out early at RG

MechWarrior2k
May 18th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Ugh I hope she bombs out early at RG

In 1814 Russian troops marched into Paris as victors. In 2009, Safina of Russia seeks to hoist the French Open title and reign as the new "Queen of Clay". Go Dinara!

Pops Maellard
May 18th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Dinara is now 14-1 on clay this year I read. Female Nadal this year. :worship:

Inger67
May 18th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Dinara is now 14-1 on clay this year I read. Female Nadal this year. :worship:

That really surprises me.. I mean as much as I hate it, I have to hand it to her. She has a good clay game, but sometimes her performances aren't all that convincing. She's been pushed many times to 3 sets, and sometimes not to the better players. But on the other hand that gives testament to her ability to gut out a match when she's not necessarily playing her best.

I just really don't want her to win the FO.. :rolleyes:

Pops Maellard
May 18th, 2009, 04:50 AM
That really surprises me.. I mean as much as I hate it, I have to hand it to her. She has a good clay game, but sometimes her performances aren't all that convincing. She's been pushed many times to 3 sets, and sometimes not to the better players. But on the other hand that gives testament to her ability to gut out a match when she's not necessarily playing her best.

I just really don't want her to win the FO.. :rolleyes:
It would be good for the WTA, admit it. :D Just as good as Venus or Serena winning.

Inger67
May 18th, 2009, 04:51 AM
In 1814 Russian troops marched into Paris as victors. In 2009, Safina of Russia seeks to hoist the French Open title and reign as the new "Queen of Clay". Go Dinara!

I don't think Safina will be the new "Queen of Clay". Her game is not reminiscent of Henin's or any of the other greats that owned the FO. I think we will have to wait some time for that.

Inger67
May 18th, 2009, 04:53 AM
It would be good for the WTA, admit it. :D Just as good as Venus or Serena winning.

Well it would have to be good because this would be her first major. But not as good as Venus winning and reclaiming the #1 :drool: I can dream can't I? ;)

monmonito
May 18th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Nice one Safina...she needs ti win the RG....
Caro is not a future no.1

TheFifthAvocado
May 18th, 2009, 12:58 PM
She looks like fucking Jaslyn Hewitt out there.

Congrats Roidfina. :bowdown: