PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Wozniacki..isn't JUST a PUSHER.

Dawn Marie
May 17th, 2009, 01:46 AM
She's an effective ball striker. I said yesterday that she's a pusher. She's more than that. She's a CONSISTANT ball striker who knows how to work a point. I no longer think that Caroline is a pusher. She does need to go for more of her shots, but that will come in time.

I actually sat down and watched her gamestyle and she has alot of talent. She gets the job done by outlasting her opponents on the court.
Caroline is a throwback player who is giving the tour fits. She's giving fans fits too. Giving credit to this kid for playing solid tennis. Her game reminds me a lot of Martina Hingis. She uses her legs like Amanda Coetzer and gets to many balls.

Caro is NOT a pusher. She's a crafty player who knows how to place a tennis ball without using a lot of raw power. I for one like her style. :wavey::worship:

Josh.
May 17th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I have to agree. Still not a fan of her however.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 01:51 AM
She is a pusher. Other WTA players AND their coaches have said so themselves.

Harvs
May 17th, 2009, 01:51 AM
shes got a head. its nice to see.

renstar
May 17th, 2009, 01:57 AM
what doe she push? crack cocaine? :lol:

well seriously how come you call her a pusher from just watching her on TV. TV distorts a lot of things so to make an informed judgement you have to watch someone play live or be their opponent. I watched her live at the Aus Open earlier this year and she didn't seem a pusher to me. And even if a 'pusher' that sort of game is very effective on clay and can also lead to a lot of consistency and letting the other player make the mistakes.

Also I remember on this board couple of years ago (and recently) saying Safina was 'nuts' and never would amount to anything, then I saw her play live very close to her match at Sydney in 2008 and I remember thinking wow this girl as explosive and accurate as any ive seen play live, and now she's number 1. So its easy to make judgements on TV but I don't think they are always acurate, if a person is percieved as a pusher or not if they are beating people they play great tennis

LightWarrior
May 17th, 2009, 01:57 AM
She's a very intuitive player. She's no injured Azarenka slamming the ball like a moron. I predict hse will have a long career.

mckyle.
May 17th, 2009, 02:02 AM
I think it's a bit sad how most people on TennisForum have been so exposed to brainless, error-filled tennis that they can't appreciate players who can hit more than three balls in a row in. It drives them bonkers. They think it's boring because she doesn't do much, but is it really any more boring than those matches that have seven or eight points in a row in which the players hit the ball several feet long or into the net?

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Quote: Urszula Radwanska - "She's just a pusher!"
Quote: Kleybanova's coach - "She doesn't do anything. She just waits for your mistakes."

renstar
May 17th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Quote: Kleybanova's coach - "She doesn't do anything. She just waits for your mistakes."

and yes she's making semi's and finals of major tournaments consistently and these players aren't

sour grapes anyone? :spit:

~{X}~
May 17th, 2009, 02:21 AM
I like Wozniacki. :hearts:

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 02:21 AM
I think it's a bit sad how most people on TennisForum have been so exposed to brainless, error-filled tennis that they can't appreciate players who can hit more than three balls in a row in. It drives them bonkers. They think it's boring because she doesn't do much, but is it really any more boring than those matches that have seven or eight points in a row in which the players hit the ball several feet long or into the net?

Yeah, I've got to agree. It seems like everyone on this board is an ADHD 12 year old, who can't stand anything but wham, bam, thank you mam styles of tennis.

Wozniacki doesn't attack like most of the girls, but IMO that takes more courage than being a ball basher. It's so EASY to hit hard, and easy to hit even harder when the pressure's on (not saying they go in...). It takes more guts IMO to stay patient and focused, and keep the ball in play when it's a tough situation - you're holding back, versus letting it all hang loose. The second type may be more exciting, but it sure as hell doesn't make you a "better" or more "deserving" player.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 02:32 AM
and yes she's making semi's and finals of major tournaments consistently and these players aren't

Hating on Caro is getting a bit old I admit. As long as Dementieva and Erakovic don't have to face her too much (well, lose anyway) then I could care less about her playing style really. If you don't like her, don't watch her right? :)

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 02:46 AM
I love players like A.Radwanska and Chakvetadze, so it's not that I'm biased against girls who can keep the ball in play.

It's just that Wozniacki doesn't do anything, like Kleybanova's coach said. Her goal is just to keep the ball in play; she doesn't achieve for anything more. And not only is that boring, it's not good for women's tennis that a player with so little talent can reach the Top 10. And the hype that she gets is ridiculous--way more than her actual play justifies. She is ruining lives and hopefully Dinara will stop her tomorrow.

RenaSlam.
May 17th, 2009, 02:48 AM
I love players like A.Radwanska and Chakvetadze, so it's not that I'm biased against girls who can keep the ball in play.

It's just that Wozniacki doesn't do anything, like Kleybanova's coach said. Her goal is just to keep the ball in play; she doesn't achieve for anything more. And not only is that boring, it's not good for women's tennis that a player with so little talent can reach the Top 10. And the hype that she gets is ridiculous--way more than her actual play justifies. She is ruining lives and hopefully Dinara will stop her tomorrow.

If anyone's life is being ruined because Wozniacki is winning and making the Top 10, then either you or the people you know need to GET lives. :bounce:

Ty-Ty
May 17th, 2009, 02:50 AM

:lol: Some of you guys need to realize this is just a game. Not life or death.

markdelaney
May 17th, 2009, 02:50 AM
it's not good for women's tennis that a player with so little talent can reach the Top 10. And the hype that she gets is ridiculous--way more than her actual play justifies. She is ruining lives and hopefully Dinara will stop her tomorrow.

keeping the ball in play requires talent.

Talent does not mean just being able to blast every shot at 120 mph !

égalité
May 17th, 2009, 02:51 AM

Seriously. :banghead:

Even if she is a pusher, why is that any less valid of a way to win matches? Clearly it's working. :shrug:

mckyle.
May 17th, 2009, 02:54 AM

Here's an idea: Work on your tennis so you won't make mistakes! :lol:

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 02:55 AM

I think people like you are bad for tennis. :shrug:

oleada
May 17th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Wozniacki is a talented girl who deserves every single victory and every ranking point she has. That said, I absolutely hate her tennis.

Aside from the overly dramatic, ridiculous statement, I basically agree with this poster. I'm not against players who like long rallies - I like Henin, Jankovic, Radwanska, Zvonareva etc. I like big hitters, too, like Lisicki and Azarenka. But I want to see something. If you're not a big hitter, then there's gotta be something compelling about your game - variety, shot placement, SOMETHING. She gets credit for variety she doesn't have. Some people claim that she's a smart player, but just because she's not a big hitter doesn't mean she's smart. She hits every damn ball back in the middle of the court. Sure, she's very good at her style of play. But she's boring as hell and more consistent than she is talented. Nothing about her play is outstanding.

(Ruins lives? :lol: Dramatic much?)

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I think people like you are bad for tennis. :shrug:

Because I like talented players and speak out against mediocrity? I wish tennis would have more fans that were so impassioned about it.

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Because I like talented players and speak out against mediocrity? I wish tennis would have more fans that were so impassioned about it.

No, because you're extremely critical of people who are way more talented at something than you ever will be, at anything. :) Not to say you can't criticize someone, but to say Caro, a top 10 player, is "mediocre", is just plain stupid. She's actually very unique in that she keeps the ball in play consistently, something not many players can seem to do now. ;)

And yes, people like you, who can't seem to appreciate every type of playing style in the sport you claim to be so impassioned about, makes you bad for tennis IMO.

markdelaney
May 17th, 2009, 03:43 AM

You don't seem to understand what the word "talent" means. It has no connection to how hard you can hit a ball unless you believe Mirjana Lucic is one of the most talented players in the game ?

and furthermore mediocrity does not win tournaments and get in the top 10

Direwolf
May 17th, 2009, 03:47 AM
She's an effective ball striker. I said yesterday that she's a pusher. She's more than that. She's a CONSISTANT ball striker who knows how to work a point. I no longer think that Caroline is a pusher. She does need to go for more of her shots, but that will come in time.

I actually sat down and watched her gamestyle and she has alot of talent. She gets the job done by outlasting her opponents on the court.
Caroline is a throwback player who is giving the tour fits. She's giving fans fits too. Giving credit to this kid for playing solid tennis. Her game reminds me a lot of Martina Hingis. She uses her legs like Amanda Coetzer and gets to many balls.

Caro is NOT a pusher. She's a crafty player who knows how to place a tennis ball without using a lot of raw power. I for one like her style.

:worship:
:worship::worship:
:worship::worship::worship:
:worship::worship::worship::worship:
:worship::worship::worship::worship:
:worship::worship::worship:
:worship::worship:
:worship:

after watching her matches!!!

I have never seen someone strike the ball
so beautifuly on the court!!!
she can vary the pace,
hit angle shots
vary the lenght of her shots
she is the bombshell right now!!

Keadz
May 17th, 2009, 03:51 AM
The amount of hate she has been getting recently is scary. She does more than just get the ball back.

She plays the game differently agaisnt each opponent, reading their game and figuring out their weaknesses. She can redirect the ball beautifully, produces varying levels of depth and spin as well as angles. She has a great BH which is up there with the best of the 'ball bashers'. Her footwork and movement in fantastic, her volleys are improving so she is capable of coming forward and finishing the point early. Her serve is effective and sets up a lot of easy points for her, she fights for each point and has a great intensity level which will continue to improve as she gets older.

Great player, and I personally enjoy watching her play. She is pretty hot as well :).

Temperenka
May 17th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Caroline is a little bit boring to watch, but all credit to her... she plays a smart game and it is obviously working.

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 04:00 AM
You don't seem to understand what the word "talent" means. It has no connection to how hard you can hit a ball unless you believe Mirjana Lucic is one of the most talented players in the game ?

and furthermore mediocrity does not win tournaments and get in the top 10

Not at all. I love all sorts of different players and styles. I just like ones that are able to hit winners from the baseline and/or try to be offensive in point construction. Or show variety at least. Wozniacki fails in all departments. She *is* mediocre, and the fact that she has wins over Dementieva, Mauresmo, Kleybanova, and Dushevina does not change my opinion. If she beats Safina, then maybe I'll have to wonder why the world hates me. But the way she got thrashed by Sabine in Charleston shows her limitations as a tennis player.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Another angle I've been contemplating - Caro seriously can't enjoy playing the way she does for the length of an entire match, let alone tournament! :help: Doesn't she ever feel any temptation to go for anything remotely interesting, you know? Paint maybe one or two lines here and there (and I'm not talking about the lines in the service boxes mid-court either)?

I am seriously beginning to convince myself that she's purely in it for the money.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I agree with the thread starter , Wozniacki is not just a pusher . She invented a new category : the extesmist pusher

pepaw
May 17th, 2009, 05:50 AM
her voice is so deep it puts me off

~{X}~
May 17th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy.

Just because she is being successful right now, everyone is bitching. Not anyone's fault your fave's are sucking serious cockage at the moment. :shrug:

Wojtek
May 17th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I agree with the thread starter , Wozniacki is not just a pusher . She invented a new category : the extesmist pusher
Posted by Dementieva fan - player who doesn't know how to play beckahnd dtl, doesn't know what is kick serve and 99% of her shots are cross court :lol::lol::lol:

wondoka
May 17th, 2009, 05:55 AM
What is wrong with you folks? Don't do not have any understanding about tennis? :confused:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Posted by Dementieva fan - player who doesn't know how to play beckahnd dtl, doesn't know what is kick serve and 99% of her shots are cross court :lol::lol::lol:

Elena is hitting many Backhand DTL winners these days. Actually , more BH DTL winners than cross court winners :shrug:

I watch tennis matches , you don´t , clear as water

ps : Not my fault if your compatriots are pushers (Wozniacki and Radwanska)

Wojtek
May 17th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Elena is hitting a lot Backhand DTL winners these days. Actually , more BH DTL winners than cross court winners :shrug:

I watch tennis matches , you don´t , clear as water

ps : Not my fault if your compatriots are pushers (Wozniacki and Radwanska)
Buhahhahaha and they're kicking Dementieva ass :lol::lol:
and you know you're blind. Why? Just rewatch Wozniacki - Demenieva from Miami. Wozniacki was waiting all the time for cross court beckhand because Demeniteva is hopeless with dtl beckhand. Just check that match before you're posting something that it isn't true :help:

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Lena has no backhand DTL? :bs:

Pushniacki could never pull off a shot like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXraTJ_tGA8

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Buhahhahaha and they're kicking Dementieva ass :lol::lol:

Another proof to show that Wozniacki is a pusher . Elena had problems facing pushers - moonballers since ever ... Coetzer , Smashnova , Conchita , Radwanska , Wozniacki , Jankovic when she was a pusher , Myskina used that tactic to beat her , etc

Keadz
May 17th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Wozniaki has a beautiful backhand DTL, I would put it up there with Jankovic, Safina and Venus' backhand DTL. It is just a completely natural shot for all of them.

Wojtek
May 17th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Pushniacki could never pull off a shot like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXraTJ_tGA8
Juste becasue she doesn't have to. You see you wrote Pushniacki - it's rude - and still she is beating Demeniteva again and again :bounce::bounce: so maybe we should call Demeniteva Miss Woody because of her great technic and amazing shots selection :drunk: :haha:

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Juste becasue she doesn't have to. You see you wrote Pushniacki - it's rude - and still she is beating Demeniteva again and again :bounce::bounce: so maybe we should call Demeniteva Miss Woody because of her great technic and amazing shots selection :drunk: :haha:
:lol: :help: You speak as if Lena is totally incapable of beating her. Their career meetings are split 2-2 (and exos don't count). In fact, last year Lena beat your beloved Pushniacki to win what? The Olympics. Suck on that. :p

Wojtek
May 17th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Another proof to show that Wozniacki is a pusher . Elena had problems facing pushers - moonballers since ever ... Coetzer , Smashnova , Conchita , Radwanska , Wozniacki , Jankovic when she was a pusher , Myskina used that tactic to beat her , etc
Dementieva has problems with everyone who is good :lol::lol::lol:
3-4 vs. Hingis
2-9 vs. Henin
3-11 vs. Clijsters
2-8 vs. Sharapova
3-6 vs. Jankovic
2-8 vs. V.Williams
3-5 vs. S.Williams
4-6 vs. Sveta
6-9 vs. Myskina
5-11 vs. Daevnport
6-9 vs. Mauresmo

ALL ARE PUSHERS OR SHE IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD :rolleyes:

Wojtek
May 17th, 2009, 06:41 AM
:lol: :help: You speak as if Lena is totally incapable of beating her.
Did i wrote something like this? :confused: :help:

Petkorazzi
May 17th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Lena has no backhand DTL? :bs:

Actually that just proves the other poster's point. :unsure: It's so rare she hits a BH DTL that there even is a special video on that on youtube. :lol::lol:

Uploaded by Mr Sour Grapes of course. :worship:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I'd rather see someone simply just put the ball back on court and keep the ball playing than someone who just hit stupid shots that land outside the court as often as they can.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Did i wrote something like this?

Yes you did. You wrote that Pushniacki beats Lena "again and again and again", as if she's beaten her like 17 times or something.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 06:51 AM
3-4 vs. Hingis
2-9 vs. Henin
3-11 vs. Clijsters
2-8 vs. Sharapova
3-6 vs. Jankovic
2-8 vs. V.Williams
3-5 vs. S.Williams
4-6 vs. Sveta
6-9 vs. Myskina
5-11 vs. Daevnport
6-9 vs. Mauresmo

Dementieva usually has problems vs players that a hard hitter , a ball basher on fire would rip them a new one. Examples , Lisicki - Safina or Azarenka vs the polish pushers , Vaidisova or Ivanovic vs Jankovic

The only top player with problems facing the pushers from Poland is Dementieva , no one else.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Dementieva usually has problems vs players that a hard hitter , a ball basher on fire would rip them a new one. Examples , Lisicki - Safina or Azarenka vs the polish pushers , Vaidisova or Ivanovic vs Jankovic

The only top player with problems facing the pushers from Poland is Dementieva , no else is.
I love the use of alliteration. Brilliant. :worship: :lol:

Wojtek
May 17th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Yes you did. You wrote that Pushniacki beats Lena "again and again and again", as if she's beaten her like 17 times or something.
Beating Dementieva again and again = Lena is totally incapable of beating her.
Since when it has been the same :lol::lol:

Wojtek
May 17th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Dementieva usually has problems vs players that a hard hitter , a ball basher on fire would rip them a new one.
Demeniteva has problems :
vs hard hitters - your post
vs. ball basher on fire - your post
vs. pushers - your post
Do you have more categories? Or we can say Miss Woody has problems with almost everyone who is or was in the top ten.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 07:01 AM
vs. pushers - your post
Do you have more categories? Or we can say Miss Woody has problems with almost everyone who is or was in the top ten.
It blows my mind how anyone who enjoys the Grandma tennis of Pushniacki could call any other player's tennis wooden.

Marionated
May 17th, 2009, 07:02 AM
What annoys me about her is that she is capable of playing entertaining tennis. Watch her match against Serena, or the way she came back against Sveta in the second set in Miami. That was good. But 9 times out of 10, I do find her boring to watch.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 07:11 AM
vs. pushers - your post

Sorry , it is not what I wrote

Elena has problems vs the future Hall of Famers (99.5% of players on tour have that problem) and teen pushers from Poland . vs Ball bashers and hard hitters , no

Shvedbarilescu
May 17th, 2009, 07:13 AM

If was playing Kleybanova I would simply get the ball back in court and wait for her mistakes too. Anyone who had half a brain as well as the ability to cover the court effectively would do the same. Fact is this the way to beat Kleybanova.

How would you try to beat Kleybanova? Seriously. Kleybanova needs to take a good look at herself when it is clear a player can beat her so convincingly with this approach. And the player who does apply this approach to playing her needs to make no excuses for it to anyone.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 07:18 AM
If was playing Kleybanova I would simply get the ball back in court and wait for her mistakes too. Anyone who had half a brain as well as the ability to cover the court effectively would do the same. Fact is this the way to beat Kleybanova.

How would you try to beat Kleybanova? Seriously. Kleybanova needs to take a good look at herself when it is clear a player can beat her so convincingly with this approach. And the player who does apply this approach to playing her needs to make no excuses for it to anyone.

That's what she does against everybody she faces no matter what their playing style. Even when she's getting pummeled during a match, she has no plan B. Push push push all the day long. Wait for the mistakes even when they don't come. Did you see the thrashing Dokic gave her at Australian Open? She was left utterly lost out there. It's quite obvious she's absolutely incapable of doing anything else but push the ball back.

Shvedbarilescu
May 17th, 2009, 07:52 AM
That's what she does against everybody she faces no matter what their playing style. Even when she's getting pummeled during a match, she has no plan B. Push push push all the day long. Wait for the mistakes even when they don't come. Did you see the thrashing Dokic gave her at Australian Open? She was left utterly lost out there. It's quite obvious she's absolutely incapable of doing anything else but push the ball back.

I'm sorry but you are clutching at straws. Every player in the game has matches where things don't go right and they don't look very effective. I could use matches against Mauresmo or Wozniacki or even Cetkowska as examples of Dementieva's weakness as a player if I was so inclined and foolish to do so. I could use Venus Williams' matches against Kleybanova, Lisicki and Suarez Navarro to argue that Venus Williams can't handle young up and coming players if I was feeling really daft. I could say matches against Stosar and Razzano prove that Safina is a real loser. I could say all these things. Of course all they would do is make me look as dumb as you look in most of your posts so I won't.

Find me one player who isn't getting upset from time to time by players ranked lower than them. That is the way the game is right now. There are no Grafs or Navratilovas or Everts currently playing. Arguing the weakness of a player by finding lower ranked players they have lost to is as easy as shooting fish in a barrow and takes the same intelligence. But it proves very little. Actually Wozniacki loses to players ranked lower than her less than just about anyone in the game. She has lost to players outside the top 20 just three times this year and when one considers she has played more matches than anyone on the tour that is pretty good going.

Shvedbarilescu
May 17th, 2009, 08:06 AM

Oh by the way Wozniacki has beaten Dokic twice since then. What does that tell you?

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I really don't usually spend all my time hating like this usually. I think I'll take a break from the forums until the French Open. I think I need some time to cool off. :lol:

Langers
May 17th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Caro. :hearts:

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Chakvetadze vs Kuzzy USO SF 07 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Wozniacki match

And just because players dont like wozniacki, doesnt mean they cant appreciate real finess play. Tati. :inlove:

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy.

Just because she is being successful right now, everyone is bitching. Not anyone's fault your fave's are sucking serious cockage at the moment. :shrug:
Since my faves have won the last 3 slams and are 2 and 3 in the world, can I criticize her then? :)
Oh by the way Wozniacki has beaten Dokic twice since then. What does that tell you?
That Jelena was having problems dealing with the expectations after AO. :)

And like its not even that I hate her, she seems like a nice girl and everything and I dont have a problem with her at all. I just have a problem with the fact that someone with a game like this is a top 10 player right now. Its pretty ridiculous. Im sure nobody hates hr here so you guys need to stop saying that and get over the fact that people will have different opinions to you. People constantly bash the aggresive players 298028430928302 times worse than this. But whatever i've made my point, y'all are still delusional, im out.

Adal
May 17th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Since when you have turned into a GM troll, Slutiana?

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Since when you have turned into a GM troll, Slutiana?
Dont call me Slutiana, Sasha. :rolleyes:

Im just speaking the truth, GIT.

fouc
May 17th, 2009, 09:11 AM
If you had listened carefully to her father's on court couching you would have found few other quotes like that. Still, she is not just a pusher clearly :) Of course, in this match with Urszula she did nothing but pushing, and yes, if she wants to, and if this is tactically wise thing to do, she can be the ultimate pusher. But this definitely doesn't use up all her abilities. She can play aggressively if she intends too.

Matt01
May 17th, 2009, 10:19 AM
3-4 vs. Hingis
2-9 vs. Henin
3-11 vs. Clijsters
2-8 vs. Sharapova
3-6 vs. Jankovic
2-8 vs. V.Williams
3-5 vs. S.Williams
4-6 vs. Sveta
6-9 vs. Myskina
5-11 vs. Daevnport
6-9 vs. Mauresmo

I vote for: "She is just not that god." :angel:

Viktymise
May 17th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I've got to agree. It seems like everyone on this board is an ADHD 12 year old, who can't stand anything but wham, bam, thank you mam styles of tennis.

Wozniacki doesn't attack like most of the girls, but IMO that takes more courage than being a ball basher. It's so EASY to hit hard, and easy to hit even harder when the pressure's on (not saying they go in...). It takes more guts IMO to stay patient and focused, and keep the ball in play when it's a tough situation - you're holding back, versus letting it all hang loose. The second type may be more exciting, but it sure as hell doesn't make you a "better" or more "deserving" player.

:lol:

These excuses get better and better. What's so courageous about chickenshit moonballing and waiting for your opponent to hit an UE?

Going for winners on big, crucial points takes a hell of alot more concentration than it does just to moonball back into the court.

Next we'll have threads about how Smashnova was the ultimate risk taker in all of tennis.

Mackep83
May 17th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Not everyone wants to se the ball just go over net 2 times and then a winner or a UE.

I prefer long rallies, and I like watch Wozniackis footwork and defence, its awesome.

AND, she is good for the tennis, that people cansee that you can reach big finals without having killer shots

FrenchY52
May 17th, 2009, 10:58 AM

Amélie's coach : She doesn't hurt you with any of her shots
Amélie : I know !

M-K
May 17th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Caro being called "Pushniacki"? I'll take it. :lol: She just plays her game and I find her quite intuitive hence her success. 30 minutes to the final! :bounce:

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Amélie's coach : She doesn't hurt you with any of her shots
Amélie : I know !
Thanks for that quote. See? Every coach and player on the WTA knows that she's a pusher. There's no hiding from it.

terjw
May 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM
LOL how this thread has backfired on the few loony Lena fans who are in every Caro thread with their nonsense and hate and have managed to turn this thread into mocking Miss Woody and having to defend her record.

Originally Posted by Wojtek http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/buttons/lastpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=15659404#post15659404)
3-4 vs. Hingis
2-9 vs. Henin
3-11 vs. Clijsters
2-8 vs. Sharapova
3-6 vs. Jankovic
2-8 vs. V.Williams
3-5 vs. S.Williams
4-6 vs. Sveta
6-9 vs. Myskina
5-11 vs. Daevnport
6-9 vs. Mauresmo

We've had threads on ball bashers, pushers. We might even now be a thread Miss Woody and the woodentops thanks to them.

And apologies to the vast majority of Lena fans who wouldn't deserve that and do not go around trying to deride a successful and honest young player in every thread she wins her match and when she achieves a final at a premier mandatory tournament and enters the top 10.

But you Lena fans do have a couple or so idiots as fans like SIN DIOS NI LEY who could cause a thread like that.

olivero
May 17th, 2009, 12:21 PM

if I remember correctly it was Ula's dad who said it, not Ula herself.

CloudAtlas
May 17th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks for that quote. See? Every coach and player on the WTA knows that she's a pusher. There's no hiding from it.

Well if they still can't beat her despite knowing this they really are shit themselves then if we apply those standards? :shrug:

BTW , I disagree with the statment that she does the same in every match. Against Serena in Sydney she played more agressively because she knew simply pushing wouldn't get her far.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Oh right, but Ula agreed. The point is the WTA players and their coaches (and Mum's and Dads etc.) agree.

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Caro's results speak for themselves. You can't take that away from her no matter how much you want to.

fouc
May 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Not really. During of the rallies Ula shouted: "Ona tylko przebija!". It was very loud and polish commentator agreed on that :)

wally1
May 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Currently Wozniacki's game is pretty dull to watch - I struggle to see how anyone could disagree with that. Saying this, watching someone make UE after UE is dull too.

Caro looks so hot though you could forgive her most things - which is the attitude I suspect a lot (not all) of her defenders have.

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I really don't usually spend all my time hating like this usually. I think I'll take a break from the forums until the French Open. I think I need some time to cool off. :lol:

You've only been here since January...someone needs to reevaluate their life if 4 months on a forum has you needing a break. ;)

And why are the Dementieva fans hating hardcore? I don't get it.

kman
May 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Because Wozniacki beat her 3 times in a row? :wavey:

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 02:59 PM

Oh. :lol: I just knew about Charleston. Isn't everyone beating Elena these days though? :o They should spread the hate around.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 02:59 PM
You've only been here since January...someone needs to reevaluate their life if 4 months on a forum has you needing a break. ;)

Fair enough, but that is another issue. Most posters who post here that I've seen make several posts a day so it's not like I'm the only one who spends a lot of time here.

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
If Caro's faults --- primarily her non-aggressive play ---are so obvious to all of us casual observers, it's certainly obvious to Team Caro. Since she's only 18, there's lots of time to make the needed improvements.

:)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 03:27 PM

This guy is inventing imaginative matches in her mind :cuckoo:. As far as I know they have played 4 times

For your information I disliked Woz tennis since much before of her first win vs Elena . I don´t like Peer either and we could say she is the only pusher who doesnt give Dementieva troubles . In other words , I don´t like pushers and this is extensive to both tours (not a fan of Simon , Chela , Santoro, Pusherteau , etc )

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM
This guy is inventing imaginative matches in her mind :cuckoo:. As far as I know they have played 4 times

For your information I disliked Woz tennis since much before of her first win vs Elena . I don´t like Peer either and we could say she is the only pusher who doesnt give Dementieva troubles . In other words , I don´t like pushers and this is extensive to both tours (not a fan of Simon , Chela , Santoro, Pusherteau , etc )

Sorry, no one cares. Don't like them? Don't watch them. But please don't annoy us with your ridiculous comments about how un-talented these players are.

Pops Maellard
May 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM

The third match he's talking about some exo which doesn't really matter. :)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Sorry, no one cares. Don't like them? Don't watch them. But please don't annoy us with your ridiculous comments about how un-talented these players are.

I do care how they play , Im paying money for tennis tv. com and Direc TV to get women's matches in my zone . So, the quality of the game is important for me as consumer

BTW , you always come with the same "who cares your opinion" shit. We are in an open forum , deal with it (the opinion of us )

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I do care how they play , Im paying money for tennis tv. com and Direc TV to get women's matches in my zone . So, the quality of the game is important for me as consumer

BTW , you always come with the same "who cares your opinion" shit. We are in an open forum , deal with it (the opinion of us )

Unfortunately, dealing with the opinion of overly-critical people who don't appreciate all types of tennis is pretty standard on this board, I'm used to it. :( You can post whatever you want, I'm just telling you people - dont - really - care.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Unfortunately, dealing with the opinion of overly-critical people who don't appreciate all types of tennis is pretty standard on this board, I'm used to it. :( You can post whatever you want, I'm just telling you people - dont - really - care.

If the opinion of basically no one here on wtaworld cares, explain me the existance of this board ... What is the sense of wtaworld ?

LCS
May 17th, 2009, 04:06 PM
When is Wojtek getting banned?? :weirdo:

number_six
May 17th, 2009, 05:44 PM
just a pusher
is that so bad? dunno..

doujyr
May 17th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Nothing wrong with her style except it's never going to win her anything. To beat the top girls you actually have to try and win the match, not wait for them to lose it. That's why her record against top 10 players remains so abysmal.

Alex03Maccy
May 17th, 2009, 06:22 PM
she bloody is.

Bosco123
May 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Wozniacky is the definition of a pusher, fortunately for her she looks great so she has a lot of defenders, I wonders how many defenders she would have gotten if she would have looked like Suarez-Navvaro.

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Wozniacky is the definition of a pusher, fortunately for her she looks great so she has a lot of defenders, I wonders how many defenders she would have gotten if she would have looked like Suarez-Navvaro.

Or Shahar Peer. :tape:

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Shes not hot. :tape: Well shes a butterface.

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Shes not hot. :tape: Well shes a butterface.

I know she's not hot. I was comparing her to CSN, saying no one would defend Caro's game if she was unfortunate enough to look like Peer. ;) Thanks for keeping up. :p

Beat
May 17th, 2009, 09:49 PM

urszula radwanska and kleybanova would kill for the success wozniacki is having right now, so these are utterly silly statements (if true).

Beat
May 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
LOL how this thread has backfired on the few loony Lena fans who are in every Caro thread with their nonsense and hate and have managed to turn this thread into mocking Miss Woody and having to defend her record.

so true and really disturbing when you read the thread. :help:

~{X}~
May 17th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Since my faves have won the last 3 slams and are 2 and 3 in the world, can I criticize her then? :)

That Jelena was having problems dealing with the expectations after AO. :)

And like its not even that I hate her, she seems like a nice girl and everything and I dont have a problem with her at all. I just have a problem with the fact that someone with a game like this is a top 10 player right now. Its pretty ridiculous. Im sure nobody hates hr here so you guys need to stop saying that and get over the fact that people will have different opinions to you. People constantly bash the aggresive players 298028430928302 times worse than this. But whatever i've made my point, y'all are still delusional, im out.

My faves are Serena and Venus too, and Wozniacki. But we can just point out that other fave of yours...:help:

Temporary0369
May 17th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Steffi Graf after today's Exhibition: "Wozniacki suks u guyz. She just a pusha n''' she only eva hitzzz winnerz wen her op0n3nts let hur coz she suks so much n shud dy n i no coz i w0n w!mb1d3n lots n lots."

I can't believe she's still allowed to play on tour :rolleyes: nevermind the fact that she's granted visas to all of these countries! Absolutely disgusting. You can't have all of these players and coaches calling her a pusher and just sitting back. I think she should be forced to gain 50 pounds and just smash the ball hoping that it goes in. I'm pretty sure it's part of the new roadmap anyway...

She is ruining people's lives!

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I know she's not hot. I was comparing her to CSN, saying no one would defend Caro's game if she was unfortunate enough to look like Peer. ;) Thanks for keeping up. :p
Its not Shahar's fault that she has no lips! :tears:

Ryan
May 17th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Its not Shahar's fault that she has no lips! :tears:

Or that it looks like she's storing a winter's worth of food in her cheeks. :o

Corswandt
May 17th, 2009, 10:20 PM

Bingo.

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 10:23 PM
My faves are Serena and Venus too, and Wozniacki. But we can just point out that other fave of yours...:help:
:crying2: Well Wozniacki doesnt have 1/54th of Tati's talent so im not bothered. :tears:

Dawn Marie
May 17th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Caroline is winning matches. Caroline gets the ball over the net. That is what tennis is all about. Focus on not hitting the net and to get the ball over the net more times then your opponent. Get them out of position to do it, which Caroline does. I think fans tend to want a point to be over with a winner and rather quickly. Sometimes its not all about striking winners to win a point,a match or a title. It's all basic. raquet meets ball and the ball goes over the net, more times then your opponent. The ball and the points don't give a damn how it gets over or how the point was won. A point is a point is a point is a point. Whoever has the most points wins.

Craig.
May 17th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Caroline is winning matches. Caroline gets the ball over the net. That is what tennis is all about. Focus on not hitting the net and to get the ball over the net more times then your opponent. Get them out of position to do it, which Caroline does. I think fans tend to want a point to be over with a winner and rather quickly. Sometimes its not all about striking winners to win a point,a match or a title. It's all basic. raquet meets ball and the ball goes over the net, more times then your opponent. The ball and the points don't give a damn how it gets over or how the point was won. A point is a point is a point is a point. Whoever has the most points wins.

Not necessarily :p

Dawn Marie
May 18th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Well, u know what I mean Mr Smartie Pants. LOL:)

Lunaris
May 18th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Nobody on the tour is just a pusher. Real pushers won't reach 6.0 or 7.0 level of USTA playing levels rating. However, compared to other pro players Wozniacki really does a lot of pushing, especially from her forehand due to its technical shortcomings. Backhand can draw errors from her opponents actually.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned Wozniacki's game is no more boring than f.e. Venus Williams' or Ivanovic's respective games. And she doesn't make as much unnecessary noise, which is always a good thing.

Pops Maellard
Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:24 AM
And now recently we have a Danish commentator saying essentially that she doesn't know how Caro wins so many matches when it's her opponents doing everything in them. :lol:

So now Radwanska, Kleybanova's coach, Mauresmo and Mauresmo's coach, plus now Danish commentator.

Inger67
Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:27 AM
At least she is THE most consistent player on the WTA tour right now.

Push your way to a SF at Wimbledon Caro :)

rada
Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Well maybe the other girls should keep the ball in play?

Stop the bitching ;)

Protoss
Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:35 AM
And now recently we have a Danish commentator saying essentially that she doesn't know how Caro wins so many matches when it's her opponents doing everything in them. :lol:

So now Radwanska, Kleybanova's coach, Mauresmo and Mauresmo's coach, plus now Danish commentator.
Yah.. Caro has 0 or close to 0 winners in her matches. :rolleyes:

Caro had 20 winners in her match against Mauresmo...hardly doing nothing. :rolleyes: Mauresmo had 23 winners btw.

I thought you were done hating Caro.

rada
Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
And if she can win by not hitting many winners then good for her!

Wojtek
Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:02 AM
Well only Dementieva's fan wrote that she is pusher :lol:

FormerlyKnownAs
Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:06 AM
;)To refute the idea some are putting about on the board that Caroline Wozniacki has no weapons, I made a video of Caroline Wozniacki's 3 Special Tennis Moves/Shots from the Eastbourne Semi Final 2009. ;)

They Are

1 The Take A Disguised Rest In The Rally To Fool Your Apponent Move

2 The Clay Slide On Grass Cow On Ice Camouflaged Move

3 The Nonchalant To Demoralize The Opponent Return Trick Shot

I thought it would give all (non)haters, tennis? experts, trolls, and the riff raff something to put down, and us others of lesser intellect something to laugh at and enjoy while waiting for Wimbeldon.

6ZXc-_kdyOM

scheele
Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:06 AM
She is far classier than being just a pusher.

Wojtek
Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:07 AM
She is a pusher. Other WTA players AND their coaches have said so themselves.

oh just shut up. Pusher or not pusher only Alyona fans have problem with her style of play. Wozniacki has been kicking Dementieva ass and that is the main problem not her play. Why? Because Dementieva is playing in 99% the same shots. For such smart player like Caro it's like open book. :lol:

Wojtek
Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
[/B]

You're lying. During their match in IW Ula screamed that Caro is just waiting for errors. She didn't say she is pusher :rolleyes:

I think waiting for errors it's smart strategy not sign of pushing the ball. Just because she is smarter than blind heavy hitters it doesn't mean that she is pusher.

But whatever Dementieva is true example of the best playing style and her fans know better.

kman
Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:19 AM

lol, that Danish commentator said she thinks Caroline will be holding one of the big trophies soon (even I don't think that)

We have Edberg, Borg, McEnroe, Evert and now Anabel Croft ("She has it all") and Pat Cash ("She can go far in Wimbledon") saying she has a bright future. Hell, Tennis.com currently has her as Wimbledon semifinalist beating Safina in their predictions.

Who cares what Radwanska said when she was losing and Kleybanova coach said to her player when she was losing :lol:

Libertango
Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
I liked Caro the minute I first saw her, because, unlike 90% of the WTA, she doesn't just brainlessly bash the ball, hoping to somehow hit it in. I feel like she's actually in control of what she's doing, has a brain and some variety about her game. How can that not be good for womens tennis at the moment?! :confused: I really get sick of watching ugly flailing around the court by people who can only play at one pace. Such one-dimensional games are booooring!

I think Woz plays really beautiful tennis; she reminds me of Martina (Hingis) A LOT, has a champions aura about her, and I predict is going to do VERY well at Wimbledon. ;)

GO CARO! :worship:

Slutiana
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
I liked Caro the minute I first saw her, because, unlike 90% of the WTA, she doesn't just brainlessly bash the ball, hoping to somehow hit it in. I feel like she's actually in control of what she's doing, has a brain and some variety about her game. How can that not be good for womens tennis at the moment?! :confused: I really get sick of watching ugly flailing around the court by people who can only play at one pace. Such one-dimensional games are booooring!

I think Woz plays really beautiful tennis; she reminds me of Martina (Hingis) A LOT, has a champions aura about her, and I predict is going to do VERY well at Wimbledon. ;)

GO CARO! :worship:
:help:

Apoleb
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:09 AM
Pusher or not, the three matches I've seen her playing (against Razzano, Wozniak and Dushevina) have gave me a mix of nausea, intestinal constipation and muscle cramps.

SM
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:23 AM
I have only seen her play once, against Dokic at A.O this year.

Dokic is my fave but she was clearly on the backfoot for the entire first set, with caroline dictating the first set it looked pretty futile for jelena at end of set 1...then in the last 2 sets caro started 'pushing'

so i dont think shes a pusher 'per se'...she can be aggressive but sometimes is too passive, which she will definitely learn to overcome with more experience...

i like her game personally :)

lilimi
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
what's wrong about being a pusher :shrug: or a ballbasher :shrug:
i think caro is trying to be more and more agressive in her shots.
i'm not a fan of pushers (like cornet :yawn:) but sometimes it's good to see a player who can hit balls in the court 4 times in a row :lol:
i love caro even if she's a pusher. she's so nice.

bandabou
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
She's still only 18..and already winning a lot. I think in time she'll get better and become a bit more aggressive.

starr
Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
She's almost 19 now.

Didn't she win Wimbledon as a junior?

She's got some exciting things about her game, and some maddening things. She's a bit fragile on a lead, I think. She has trouble closing out. I hope that's something she learns to do, but for some players that is just an instinct, and it seems when it has to be learned, it can be a problem that haunts a player.

She's probably my favorite women's player right now, but at this point she's still a mid-level player in my mind. I'd like for her to move up.

oh, p.s. I think this talk about her being a "pusher" is trendy talk. After all there are a lot of so called tennis buffs who call Andy Murray a pusher. As someone pointed out already, no one gets to Caroline's position by actually pushing the ball. Sometimes you can see a top player push the ball when they get nervous or tentative, but no one has a pushing game. Running down a lot of balls and getting them back in play is not the same as pushing the ball.

CloudAtlas
Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Even if she is a pusher, so what? At least she's winning matches consistently rather than losing to lucky losers, players in their 30s and getting bagelled by Aleksandra Wozniak on grass like the rest of the supposed "cream of the crop" and "variety players" :help:

Does it state anywhere that being a pusher is something bad?

kman
Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:33 PM
She has trouble closing out.

She has? I thought she showed incredible nerve in the Eastbourne final against Razzano. She thought she hit an ace and won the match so she fell to her knees in celebration, only to realize the ball was called out. Razzano laughed. Caroline laughed. And then Caroline closed the match, not on the next point, but the one after.

Only one that comes to mind was her match against Serena where Serena won despite Caroline having 4 match points. But it's Serena after all. That woman seems to get better every time she's on her heels.

There's a lot of really bad chokers on the WTA tour but I don't think Caroline is one of them.

Matt01
Jun 22nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
She has? I thought she showed incredible nerve in the Eastbourne final against Razzano. She thought she hit an ace and won the match so she fell to her knees in celebration, only to realize the ball was called out. Razzano laughed. Caroline laughed. And then Caroline closed the match, not on the next point, but the one after.

Caroline had big leads in the first set (I think 5:2 and later also 5:2 in the tie-break) against Razzano and almost blew both of them.

Pops Maellard
Jun 25th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Yah.. Caro has 0 or close to 0 winners in her matches. :rolleyes:

Caro had 20 winners in her match against Mauresmo...hardly doing nothing. :rolleyes: Mauresmo had 23 winners btw.

I thought you were done hating Caro.
I've toned it down quite a lot. At the height of my madness I was even getting negative-rep messages saying "I hope you die". :lol: I also don't call her "Pushniacki" anymore at this stage, so I've compromised quite a lot. :angel:

My opinions haven't changed one little smidgen but I know how to keep them inside a little better :angel:. ;)

The Dawntreader
Jun 25th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I'm kinda indifferent to Caro anyway, but with all this 'Caro has great variety and isn't just a pusher', can anyone actually describe in depth how she's not what people generally suggest about her game?

Because i just don't see it.

Edinboro
Jun 29th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Next year will be interesting when she has like 500 million thousand points to defend.

Pops Maellard
Jun 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Next year will be interesting when she has like 500 million thousand points to defend.
Without MM tournaments she's nothing.

Edinboro
Jun 29th, 2009, 03:41 PM
<3

CloudAtlas
Jun 29th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Don't they only count your best 16 tournaments though? So it doesn't matter how much she plays , they still don't count every single point she's gained.

Plus she now has little to defend at the Grand Slams so she can make it up with points from those ;)

Pops Maellard
Jun 29th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Don't they only count your best 16 tournaments though? So it doesn't matter how much she plays , they still don't count every single point she's gained.

Plus she now has little to defend at the Grand Slams so she can make it up with points from those ;)
If she ever suddenly grows the game to bring it at the Grand Slams.

CloudAtlas
Jun 29th, 2009, 04:22 PM
If she ever suddenly grows the game to bring it at the Grand Slams.

I don't want to keep bringing out the old chestnut but she is only 18. Her game is still developing , she already challenged Lisicki more than their last meeting and this year her other two GS losses have been unfortunate.

She's not someone with years of experience on the tour and every match just makes you tougher. Anyone making any predictions for her right now is risking it. She's shown she can play agressively during this tournament , today she just wasn't given the opportunity but at least she has shown improvement.

Corswandt
Jun 29th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Her game is still developing , she already challenged Lisicki more than their last meeting

D00d this makes it sound as if you'd find some positives in a double bagel loss to Dekmeijere.

CloudAtlas
Jun 29th, 2009, 11:46 PM
D00d this makes it sound as if you'd find some positives in a double bagel loss to Dekmeijere.

Except that it doesn't does it? Lisicki clearly has the game top to be a top 15 if not top 10 player RIGHT NOW , her ranking does not reflect her talent. Lisicki's big serve is something that according to many on here , should trouble Caro significantly yet she allowed Lisicki only one break per set and had several break points on Lisicki's serve , plus the match was far more competitive than last time and Lisicki's groundstroke winners were nowhere near as easily placed as in the Charleston final.

Bringing up Dekmeijere in order to counteract the point I was making is just silly.

Cirscoffee
Jun 29th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Her backhand is good

her forehand is horrid and very pushing

Corswandt
Jun 29th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Except that it doesn't does it? Lisicki clearly has the game top to be a top 15 if not top 10 player RIGHT NOW , her ranking does not reflect her talent. Lisicki's big serve is something that according to many on here , should trouble Caro significantly yet she allowed Lisicki only one break per set and had several break points on Lisicki's serve , plus the match was far more competitive than last time and Lisicki's groundstroke winners were nowhere near as easily placed as in the Charleston final.

Bringing up Dekmeijere in order to counteract the point I was making is just silly.

I'll bring up Dekmeijere again to note that, judging by the above quoted post, if that legend of the game happened to beat Wozniacki, you'd claim she was a future multiple GS winner to make Wozniacki look somewhat less bad.

CloudAtlas
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:00 AM
I'll bring up Dekmeijere again to note that, judging by the above quoted post, if that legend of the game happened to beat Wozniacki, you'd claim she was a future multiple GS winner to make Wozniacki look somewhat less bad.

Nope , because I'm not a deluded fan , had she lost to Kimiko Date Krumm , I wouldn't have made excuses at all and admitted that it was shameful that she lost to a woman the same age as her mum and even during that match I was criticising her passive play. You have to give credit where credit is due though. Losing to Lisicki is nothing to be embarrased about , she's beaten Venus & Kuznetsova and will most likely be ranked higher than Caro this time next year.

Corswandt
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Losing to Lisicki is nothing to be embarrased about , she's beaten Venus & Kuznetsova and will most likely be ranked higher than Caro this time next year.

Not going to happen, and you can bookmark this.

"Caro" is going to be top 5 at the end of this season, and will be top 10 for as long as she can keep up her current schedule. How can a streaky player like Lisicki match that?

"Caro" lost to a player she should have beaten. End of story.

CloudAtlas
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Not going to happen, and you can bookmark this.

"Caro" is going to be top 5 at the end of this season, and will be top 10 for as long as she can keep up her current schedule. How can a streaky player like Lisicki match that?

"Caro" lost to a player she should have beaten. End of story.

Lisicki is top 30 after Wimbledon on the back of what I can recall as winning one Premier tournament , making a GS QF and making it into the final of a Tier IV last year. Lisicki clearly has more potential than Wozniacki to go deeper into the big tournaments so that might help her.

But yeah , as you said , Caroline should've beaten her today and she definetely could have but it just wasn't her time. But as I said , it's still not an embarrasing loss as Lisicki is a challenging player , it's not like she lost to a teenage qualifier with "no weapons".

Sharapower
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:11 AM
PUSHER! PUSHER! PUSHER! PUSHER! PUSHER! PUSHER!
Dai! Dai! You filthy PUSHER!

bandabou
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Right now, Lizicky is better..that's for sure.

pka_liloo
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM
oh, but she's such a pusher! :angel:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/pka_liloo/Picture2-4.png

allrounder
Jul 1st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Is the Swedish open that she's taking part in next week the last international event she's allowed to enter this season now she's in the top 10?

CloudAtlas
Jul 1st, 2009, 11:04 PM
Is the Swedish open that she's taking part in next week the last international event she's allowed to enter this season now she's in the top 10?

I thought that only included year end top 10's?

Blue-Eyed Soul
Jul 1st, 2009, 11:13 PM
oh, but she's such a pusher! :angel:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/pka_liloo/Picture2-4.png

LMAO! Good one. :p

LeonHart
Jul 1st, 2009, 11:25 PM
Nope , because I'm not a deluded fan , had she lost to Kimiko Date Krumm , I wouldn't have made excuses at all and admitted that it was shameful that she lost to a woman the same age as her mum and even during that match I was criticising her passive play. You have to give credit where credit is due though. Losing to Lisicki is nothing to be embarrased about , she's beaten Venus & Kuznetsova and will most likely be ranked higher than Caro this time next year.

That's mean :sad:

DefyingGravity
Jul 2nd, 2009, 01:27 AM
Caroline...well, if she still can't outhit these girls, even the ones ranked lower than her, she's still a pusher. She has way more match experience in big situations than Lisicki and she was blown off the court. Let's just admit fans of Wozniacki that she needs an effective weapon. I mean, it's so bad that even a VIDEO GAME gave her no weapon.

AnomyBC
Jul 2nd, 2009, 04:38 AM
Caro isn't a pusher, she's a bumper---there's a difference! :)

Langers
Jul 2nd, 2009, 05:48 AM
I don't want to keep bringing out the old chestnut but she is only 18. Her game is still developing , she already challenged Lisicki more than their last meeting and this year her other two GS losses have been unfortunate.

She's not someone with years of experience on the tour and every match just makes you tougher. Anyone making any predictions for her right now is risking it. She's shown she can play agressively during this tournament , today she just wasn't given the opportunity but at least she has shown improvement.
Yeah, I find it pretty hard to believe some people are so harsh on her and her game. She is still exceptionally young.

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
We'll wait out till next year..but at some point: you either have it or you don't.

Pops Maellard
Jul 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I found this ad while I was just browsing now using my Mum's laptop (I usually use my own computer with ads blocked). Pretty cool huh?

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/imgad.gif

LudwigDvorak
Jul 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
yes she is. :lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 25th, 2009, 04:57 AM

Caro is NOT a pusher. She's a crafty player who knows how to place a tennis ball without using a lot of raw power. I for one like her style. :wavey::worship:
:yawn:

Pusher to the core.

AcesHigh
Sep 25th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Well.. I used to be a fan, and I still root for her, just don't follow her results as closely.

She's not so terrible to watch.. I just think some people here have really short attention spans. She's one of the few players who can keep a rally going these days.

However, she doesnt really have any weapons that I know of.. I wouldnt call her a pusher.. .counter-puncher maybe.

Cakeisgood
Sep 25th, 2009, 06:08 AM
why did you bump this??

Chrissie-fan
Sep 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Who's the dumbest? The player waiting for her opponents' mistakes or the player making them? If her opponents are that frustrated by Caro's "pushing the ball" all I would say to her if I were her coach is, "keep on pushing, baby." :lol:

pascal77
Sep 25th, 2009, 01:50 PM
i wanna be a pusher and go into the slam finals too:worship::angel::bounce::lol:

kman
Sep 25th, 2009, 05:34 PM

lol, they were losing to her at those moments. It was quotes of anger and frustration.

What about all the quotes from Edberg, Navratilova, McEnroe, Borg etc. who spoke highly of her?

You're pathetic.

EDIT: Didn't see it was an old thread. My point still stands though.

LoveFifteen
Sep 25th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Oh my God, please stop comparing Caro to my Smartina. :sobbing:

Lunaris
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Quote: Kleybanova's coach - "She doesn't do anything. She just waits for your mistakes."That's their problem, until they start taking Wozniatski seriously they will bury themselves in errors. The first step in order to beat a pusher is respecting him/her. It's puzzling that Kleybanova's coach doesn't realize that. This "She doesn't do anything" kind of advice isn't helpful at all.

MaBaker
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM
No, she's an annoying pusher.

BlueTrees
May 27th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Um, yes she is. ;)

00shuttl
May 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Im reallllllyyyy sorry to ask, but what do you mean by 'Pusher' sorry :s

BlueTrees
May 27th, 2011, 03:30 PM
It means she doesn't have an aggressive game...hits the ball soft and is a big time hack! :)

00shuttl
May 27th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Thank you :)

Anabelcroft
May 27th, 2011, 03:35 PM
No, she's an annoying pusher.

And rather boring pusher...