PDA

View Full Version : Jankovic firing Sanchez after FO!

Costanza
May 16th, 2009, 11:53 PM
In short,Jelena Jankovic will fire her trainer Ricardo Sanchez just after Roland Garros.
http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=65379&sectionId=44

Taniaaa
May 16th, 2009, 11:54 PM
:eek:

Josh.
May 16th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Not a massive surprise really.

zakketiello
May 16th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I'm so happy :bounce:
He was not good for her.

terjw
May 17th, 2009, 12:06 AM
:eek: Can someone translate the article.

The Dawntreader
He was not good for her.

He got her to number 1:confused:

Miss Amor
:eek: I never thought I would say this, but, good job JJ :yeah:

Loungy
May 17th, 2009, 12:14 AM
And to her maiden and only Slam final, right? Time for a change, perhaps, but to say that he was just plain "not good" seems kind of harsh.

The Dawntreader
May 17th, 2009, 12:15 AM
And to her maiden and only Slam final, right? Time for a change, perhaps, but to say that he was just plain "not good" seems kind of harsh.

Indeed, i'm no Ricardo Sanchez fan, but to take a player to the top of game is worth tremendous merit.

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Looks like she has to find something else to blame besides herself for all the bad results recently. What a surprise.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_axe.gif (javascript:void(0);)

Uranium
May 17th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Hit the road Mr. Stopwatch:banana:

dybbuk
May 17th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Good choice, Jelena. :hearts: You're much too good for him.

MechWarrior2k
May 17th, 2009, 01:29 AM
LMAO. JJ chose to pursue a regimen to build up her strength and conditioning. She gets off to a bad start and finds yet another excuse or scapegoat in this case. It's not the trainer's fault her style of play results in plenty of long 3 set match grindfests. Nor is it his fault she had one year where she played almost 100 matches. When it comes to excuses, Serena and JJ are the "real" co-number 1's. :lol:

Randy H
May 17th, 2009, 02:00 AM
To say he was no good is ridiculous...To coach anyone and have them rise to number 1 in the world is a terrific achievement. That said, her results this year have been disappointing, and sometimes you need something fresh to get new inspiration, new ideas, and new perspectives, so I don't think it's a bad move either. Hopefully she can find someone who is a good match for her that will get her back on the right track forward.

V-MAC
May 17th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Awesome news:rocker:

Slammer7
May 17th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I'm glad he is going. :banana: I am tired of seeing his face during JJ's matches.:tape: I think she has lost her joy and I personally miss the smile,:) I think she was absorbing some of his personality and losing her own... on-court. Hopefully she can find someone who can help her make the best out of what SHE does best, someone to help her be the best JJ she can be, not the best copy of someone else.:rolleyes:

P.S Bye Bye Mr. Stopwatch.:wavey:

Drake1980
May 17th, 2009, 02:26 AM
This isn't going to make him want to work too hard for the next 3 weeks! :lol:
Not a good sign for Jelena's chances at The FO.

Ciarán
May 17th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Finally.

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 02:34 AM
LMAO. JJ chose to pursue a regimen to build up her strength and conditioning. She gets off to a bad start and finds yet another excuse or scapegoat in this case. It's not the trainer's fault her style of play results in plenty of long 3 set match grindfests. Nor is it his fault she had one year where she played almost 100 matches. When it comes to excuses, Serena and JJ are the "real" co-number 1's. :lol:

Sad but true. http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_stretcher.gif (javascript:void(0);)

quickfound
May 17th, 2009, 02:42 AM
:eek: Can someone translate the article.
Here is the link for machine translation via Google:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressonline.rs%2Fpage %2Fstories%2Fsr.html%3Fview%3Dstory%26id%3D65379%2 6sectionId%3D44&sl=sr&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Direwolf
May 17th, 2009, 02:48 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!!

i think that he was goood for her!!

but when she went to Macci Academy during the off season
that is when her downfall started!!

doni1212
May 17th, 2009, 02:55 AM

I was thinking the SAME thing, lol!!

Bosco123
May 17th, 2009, 02:59 AM

not necessarily, if Sanchez can make Jelena win the French open, I'm sure she'll reconsider her decision.

bobbynorwich
May 17th, 2009, 03:03 AM
not necessarily, if Sanchez can make Jelena win the French open, I'm sure she'll reconsider her decision.
Nobody, not even Jelena, could make her win the French Open.

:devil:

InsideOut.
May 17th, 2009, 04:02 AM
He was not good for her.

World number 1, first GS final, 3 tournament wins in a row, year-end number 1, 6/7 top 10 wins:confused:

Just because he's such an annoying coach and has stuck with her this year when her body is failing her, it doesn't mean he was not good for her. :rolleyes: At least he stopped her from degenerating into yet another pusher. And that he didn't desert her when results failed her at least means that he has some sense of loyalty and integrity. :(

Direwolf
May 17th, 2009, 04:52 AM
well...
maybe there
is something happening behind the scenes that we dont know of?

santhuruu
May 17th, 2009, 08:06 AM
About time she fired that guy:haha:

Mynarco
May 17th, 2009, 08:18 AM
But Ricardo Sanchez brought JJ to no.1 and her late 2008 run :unsure:
I don't know new coach can do that or not.

MaBaker
May 17th, 2009, 08:42 AM
:eek: I never thought I would say this, but, good job JJ :yeah:
Friggin hell :spit:

Vaidisova Ruled
May 17th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Was he the one who told her to gain some muscle during the off-season? Because that was the worst thing she could have done....

mb011
May 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
first of all this "press" newspaper is not really a reliable source of information in serbia, as it is a pretty trashy daily paper. also, i doubt it that jelena would say that "she is going to fire her coach", not a very smartt thing to say ahead of a GS... she is still suppose to work with this guy every day...

on the other hand there is someone in her team who is trying to make her the player she is not. she clearly is not comfortable in playing this "new" offensive tennis... so if sanchez is the one who is pushing her to do this, and it doesn't work for her, then...

madlove
May 17th, 2009, 10:09 AM
well, she gotta blame someone right?

ce
May 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Thank God

volta
May 17th, 2009, 10:25 AM
:woohoo: YES :banana:

louisa.
May 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
:unsure: :unsure: I guess its a good thing..

дalex
May 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Good choice, Jelena. :hearts: You're much too good for him.

:lol: Since when is Jelena among your faves?

World number 1, first GS final, 3 tournament wins in a row, year-end number 1, 6/7 top 10 wins:confused:

Just because he's such an annoying coach and has stuck with her this year when her body is failing her, it doesn't mean he was not good for her. :rolleyes: At least he stopped her from degenerating into yet another pusher. And that he didn't desert her when results failed her at least means that he has some sense of loyalty and integrity. :(

He is loyal to her and I think he was perfect for her. The man cried when she won Moscow and secured YE #1. He was/is her biggest fan and that's why he may have seemed annoying to some of you.

I remember she had lots of trouble finding a coach back then. She was saying that she needed someone who knows a lot about tennis, to whom she can trust, but who's easygoing and who's got a good sense of humour. So whoever said that Sanchez must be the reason she's not smiling anymore, that person is wrong. It's tough to smile when the things aren't going your way...

I dunno if this is true, but if she feels that it's time for a change then so be it. Strange that she would announce it now, though. Hope they'll stay friends.

Duramont
May 17th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Good decision Jelena! :yeah:

He was really annoying (stopwatch in Stuttgart was only one of his tantrums).

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 17th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Finally Jelena does something right :worship:

He was disgusting old man. Horrible person and made it even worse to watch JJ's matches!

spencercarlos
May 17th, 2009, 11:00 AM
To say he was no good is ridiculous...To coach anyone and have them rise to number 1 in the world is a terrific achievement. That said, her results this year have been disappointing, and sometimes you need something fresh to get new inspiration, new ideas, and new perspectives, so I don't think it's a bad move either. Hopefully she can find someone who is a good match for her that will get her back on the right track forward.
Sanchez did a great job last year but not certainly since December to onwards.
He tried to make Jankovic to get more strenght and power but left aside her best weapon which was her quickness. Jankovic right now is struggling so much because of that. So i think its good for her to fire him and try to get back on track.

InsideOut.
May 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM
:rolleyes:

Not sure what to make of this, would have given it the rest of the season at least.

For whatever reason we have gone backwards since the progress made last fall. Jelena must be well briefed and motivated, isn't producing her best form in 2009.

Ricardo is a good man, top coach with Jelena's best interests at heart.
I hope the parting of the ways is amicable.

My choice for Jelena's new coach ..... Justine Henin.

To pay for her coaching services, Jelena should probably offer Justine intensive training in gaydar development. Just to make sure she finds a heterosexual boyfriend this time.

Roookie
May 17th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Mmmm...definitely not the best news with RG coming in a few days. I know losing to Patty is a like new low for JJ but on the other side she not like in an Ana Ivanovic kind of slump. 1 title and 3 back-to-back QFs in the clay season is not the end of the world, especially after her start of the season. Your time will come JJ!.

2moretogo
May 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM

Exactly, if the report is true, why not fire him now? It is not like he can do anything for the next 3 weeks.