PDA

View Full Version : Seeded at the French Open!!! Hopefully Another Good Showing In Paris!

iGOAT
May 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Ágnes will be seeded at the French Open finally :hearts:. After a very good tournament in Madrid, I can only hope she plays well again in Paris. I'm gone on a trip that week from Tuesday to Sunday so I won't really see what happens :sobbing:, but I will be wishing Ági the best. She will have to play one of the top eight seeds in the third round most likely, but lots of them are beatable, so I am hoping she can make the fourth round. Whatever happens, GOOD LUCK ÁGI :rocker2:!!!

iGOAT
May 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
And she will be playing doubles with Dulko :D.

hellas719
May 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Hajra!:bounce:

iGOAT
May 19th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I really think Dulkavay will do well :D.

Anyhow, I don't like to look ahead, but I was bored, so this is how I feel about her potential third round opponents...

Safina: Very unlikely to beat, but I suppose Safina might be tired, and maybe Ági picked up some things from playing doubles with her....

Serena Williams: Serena has not been good on clay, but grand slams are different, and once she gets past the obstacle of winning a match, I think she will be better. I highly doubt Ági could win.

Venus Williams: Venus does not play very well here, and the third round seems to be her weakness. Ági played very well against her in Acapulco. An upset would not be impossible IMO.

Elena Dementieva: She is a bit of a choker at grand slams, but I highly doubt Ági is good enough to beat her yet.

Jankovic: Has not been playing very well this year, Ági has beaten her before and I think she could do it again.

Zvonareva: Would be coming back from injury, isn't great on clay, I think Ági could win.

Kuznetsova: Has been playing well until Madrid, but she is not good when people expect her to win, which they will in Paris, I think Ági would have a pretty good chance to beat her.

Ivanovic: Playing horrible, Ági has beaten her before, and I think she easily could do it again, especially since Ajde will be under a lot of pressure defending her title.

Azarenka (as Vera may not play): Ági recently beat her and Azarenka isn't great on clay. Also, Azarenka has been playing very well on clay so far this year, but I don't think she will keep playing like this, so Ági has a chance.

mralas
May 19th, 2009, 04:53 AM
:bigclap:

iGOAT
May 20th, 2009, 10:59 PM
The doubles entry list comfirms Dulkavay will be playing, but I don't think they will be seeded.

#kArLoS#
May 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
:cool:

#kArLoS#
May 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
the draw will be out tomorrow,good luck with the draw!!!:scared::D

charlieluvtennis
May 22nd, 2009, 11:12 AM
:wavey:

(3) Venus Williams vs. Bethanie Mattek-Sands
Lucie Safarova vs. Sabine Lisicki
Elena Vesnina vs. Severine Bremond
Q vs. (29) Agnes Szavay
(20) Dominika Cibulkova vs. Alona Bondarenko
Stephanie Foretz vs. Kirsten Flipkens
Tamira Paszek vs. Gisela Dulko
Anna-Lena Groenefeld vs. (16) Amelie Mauresmo

Good luck Agnes :bounce:

iGOAT
May 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
That is a really tough draw :help:. Good luck against the qualifier!

#kArLoS#
May 22nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
I said that she'll faces a Q in 1R,and it happens:lol:
I hope not de Brito:scared:,and Venus in 3R,Vesnina in R2...bad:o:o

iGOAT
May 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Yes it is bad. I think Larcher de Brito would be good, she has hype and talent, but has played horribly this year.

Looking at the qualifying draw, none of them are very good. She should beat all of them pretty easily, but we'll see.

hellas719
May 22nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
Go Agnes!

#kArLoS#
May 22nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Yes it is bad. I think Larcher de Brito would be good, she has hype and talent, but has played horribly this year.

Looking at the qualifying draw, none of them are very good. She should beat all of them pretty easily, but we'll see.

I´m not sure,for example Shvedova pass into MD,I really hope she won´t be the first Agi´s opponent:scared::scared:

Hakapeszi
May 22nd, 2009, 07:54 PM
first round

Ági vs. (Q)Corinna Dentoni

hellas719
May 23rd, 2009, 12:26 AM
Go Agnes!!!:rocker2:

iGOAT
May 23rd, 2009, 12:39 AM
Okay well if she loses to Dentoni...

iGOAT
May 23rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
Mmmm so she won't be playing tomorrow. Hopefully Monday.

iGOAT
May 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Her match is first on Court 14 tomorrow.

iGOAT
May 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM
She and Dulko are playing Camerin and Chakvetadze in the first round. Good luck to them :rocker2:!!!

dulkogii
May 24th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Bethanie Mattek-Sands USA (10)
Nadia Petrova RUS (10)
v
Ayumi Morita JPN
Magdalena Rybarikova SVK

Sophie Lefevre FRA
Aurelie Vedy FRA
v
Alona Bondarenko UKR
Kateryna Bondarenko UKR

Maria Elena Camerin ITA
Anna Chakvetadze RUS
v
Gisela Dulko ARG
Agnes Szavay HUN

Andrea Hlavackova CZE
Lucie Hradecka CZE
v
Serena Williams USA (5)
Venus Williams USA (5)

Patetic draw, maybe in second round with williams sisters :help:

iGOAT
May 24th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I think they'll beat the Williams!

#kArLoS#
May 24th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I´ll be in school,I hate this OOP:mad:
GL Agi:banana:

seltorin
May 24th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Agi has to win this tomorrow. She want to reach the QF. Though her preparation was not perfect (she was ill for a few days) Dentoni can't be a problem.

iGOAT
May 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
She won 6-3, 6-4. Dentoni is actually supposed to be really, really good so I think it's a good win. She choked while serving for the match of course, but recovered nicely and broke. Vesnina is going to be really tough to beat, she's playing amazing this year, so good luck Ági :rocker2:.

#kArLoS#
May 25th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Agi:yeah:
I think it´s a good win:),and Vesnina is so dangerous,of course Agi can lose to her:scared:,so Good luck!!:banana:

Christinawww
May 25th, 2009, 03:19 PM
good win. She is getting back on track.

iGOAT
May 25th, 2009, 05:06 PM
She and Dulko play doubles tomorrow. Second after noon on one of the field courts...

dulkogii
May 25th, 2009, 05:24 PM
COURT 11
1. Yan/Zheng vs. Gallovits/Govortsova
2. Camerin/Chakvetadze vs. Dulko/Szavay
3. Kops-Jones/Spears vs. King/Niculescu

Come on team :hearts:

Iceland
May 25th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Very good start :yeah:. Corinna is tricky player who earned a lot of confidence getting through qualies. When she is on, she is capable of playing aggressive tennis on FH. It's just a shame she has such a difficult draw. Hope she fights well enough to get past Vesnina. Cmon!

hellas719
May 26th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Agi:woohoo:
GL in doubles now!!!

Hakapeszi
May 26th, 2009, 03:53 AM
„Késtem tíz percet, és az olasz már le akart léptetni a bíróval, pedig negyedórát kell várni a szabály szerint. Ráadásul azért nem jöttem, mert rá vártam az öltöző előtt, ugyanis hivatalosan együtt kellene felkísérni minket a pályára. Csakhogy ő már előbb kiballagott…” – mondta Szávay a találkozót követően a sportszerűtlen olaszról.

:eek::eek::eek:

iGOAT
May 26th, 2009, 12:22 PM
„Késtem tíz percet, és az olasz már le akart léptetni a bíróval, pedig negyedórát kell várni a szabály szerint. Ráadásul azért nem jöttem, mert rá vártam az öltöző előtt, ugyanis hivatalosan együtt kellene felkísérni minket a pályára. Csakhogy ő már előbb kiballagott…” – mondta Szávay a találkozót követően a sportszerűtlen olaszról.

:eek::eek::eek:
Translate :awww:?

dulkogii
May 26th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Women's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Gisela Dulko (ARG)/Agnes Szavay (HUN) d. Maria Elena Camerin (ITA)/Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) 6-3 6-4

Good win Gise and Agnes

mon72
May 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM
WD Gisela and Ági :)

#kArLoS#
May 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
WD Dulkavay:yeah:

mon72
May 26th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Translate :awww:?

"I was 10 minutes late and Dentoni wanted the referee to default me although the rules say 15 minutes. moreover, the reason why i was late is beacuse i was waiting for her outside the locker rooms to enter the court together as supposed. but she simply left without me."

#kArLoS#
May 26th, 2009, 04:24 PM
:eek:
What a bitch is Dentoni:rolleyes::ras:

hellas719
May 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Doubles:woohoo:
Dentoni is a B*TCH;):rolleyes:
I bet it's an Italian thing. Flavia and Fran piss me off:lol:
Just kidding though:p
It's just a coincidence that three Italian players have done things like that. I never heard of Errani, Camerin, Knapp, Brianti, Garbin, Santangelo, ... do things like that.

iGOAT
May 26th, 2009, 11:13 PM
:bolt: at Dentoni :help:. Great job in doubles :aparty: it looks like they might not even have to play the Williams.

iGOAT
May 26th, 2009, 11:14 PM
She plays tomorrow second on court something. No livestream :(.

hellas719
May 26th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Go Agi!
I like Vesnina but I like u more girl!

iGOAT
May 27th, 2009, 11:29 AM
She beat Vesnina 6-2, 6-0 :bolt::sobbing::inlove::worship: The stats were amazing too! Zero double faults! next is Venus Williams or Safarova. Very, very tough....

Iceland
May 27th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Congrats Agi! :yeah: Surely among her most impressive results this season!!!! I can't believe so many people wrote her off just because she had this slump. She's way too talented not to be a threat. I hope she proves it in the next round :angel:.

#kArLoS#
May 27th, 2009, 02:20 PM
PERFECT!!!:woohoo::bowdown::banana:

Christinawww
May 27th, 2009, 03:15 PM
WD Agi. Didn't expect her to trash Vesnina like that, as Vesnina has played rather well this year, but I am very happy to see this result. But damn I hate how it wasn't on a TV court

Peterk07
May 27th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Yes! A lot easier than expected. :yeah:

I don't want to jinx it, but it seems Agi's 2009 season is becoming to be an OK season. After a terrible start, she finally wins tough matches, and don't seem to loose against nobodies in first rounds. Since Monterrey she only lost to TOP10 players (plus Momo, who is a ytd toptenner), while beat Ana, Azarenka and Pennetta. I only wish she had a good coatch already. She could do a lot better with the help of a coach.

Hakapeszi
May 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I only wish she had a good coatch already. She could do a lot better with the help of a coach.

But if you listen her today's interview (see video thread), you can hear, she is satisfied with this coachless state. :(

hellas719
May 27th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Agi:banana:
vs. Venus- Go Vee!:o
vs. Safarova- Go Agi!:woohoo:

iGOAT
May 27th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Venus is doing double duty in singles and doubles. Assuming she wins, she has to play both against Ági the next day, which is good for Ági. If she loses, Ági plays Safarova in singles and Hlavackova and Hradecka in doubles, which gives her a good chance to win :).

charlieluvtennis
May 27th, 2009, 09:39 PM
:wavey:
:bigclap: Well done Agnes! Good luck in next round :hug:

Peterk07
May 28th, 2009, 12:57 AM
But if you listen her today's interview (see video thread), you can hear, she is satisfied with this coachless state. :(

Well I think it didn't sound such straight as that. She just said she is satisfied with how she is going without a coach. But she didn't mean she stopped looking for one.

iGOAT
May 28th, 2009, 12:36 PM
So that's it, Ági will play Vee. It will be televised :hearts:. I'm worried, Vee played really, really well today, but hopefully the doubles will go really late, then they will play early an dVee will be tired. Come on Ágnes, you can do it :rocker2:!!!!!!!

mralas
May 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Venus Williams beat Safarova. She's the next versus Ági.

A nice Challange...but i think, Venus is beatable this year...

charlieluvtennis
May 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Good luck against Venus, Ági :bounce: I believe you can upset her ;)

#kArLoS#
May 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
OMG I can´t believe it,Lucie had MP!!:rolleyes:
Venus will be very confident after win at this way,but maybe too tired:devil:
COME ON ÁGI!!:bounce:

iGOAT
May 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
It was three sets in Acapulco, and that was during the darkest moments of the slump, so hopefully one step better here! Plus, Venus seems to have problems in the third round here...

Peterk07
May 28th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Venus then. It'll be tough. But sooner or later Agi should take out tough opponents such as Venus, so why not start it tomorrow. :)

hellas719
May 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I'll be rooting for Venus:o
It's just the second time this year I've gone against Agi, and both were vs. Venus:o
I even rooted for Agi over Dementieva:p

iGOAT
May 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
The doubles is last on Court 2.

iGOAT
May 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
It's just the second time this year I've gone against Agi, and both were vs. Venus:o
Okay... You'll be happy either way though I imagine :p. If you're awake come here too at least.

I'm so excited. It's third on Lenglen BTW so televised at long last :inlove:!!!

Hakapeszi
May 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
She just said she is satisfied with how she is going without a coach.

Yes, that I mean too.

In my view "she is satisfied with this coachless state" and "she is satisfied with how she is going without a coach" are very close. Some 'say it in your own words' difference only.

But she didn't mean she stopped looking for one.

Yes, she didn't say it, and I didn't say or mean she said/meant that.

Peterk07
May 29th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Yes, she didn't say it, and I didn't say or mean she said/meant that.

Ok, I've got it. ;)

Peterk07
May 29th, 2009, 02:09 AM

Haha, this is funny. :lol: One of the "first members" of the Agi forum roots for Venus. :angel: I actually envy you. Tomorrow you cannot have a bad day man. :worship:

hellas719
May 29th, 2009, 03:55 AM
:lol:

Hakapeszi
May 29th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Ági trained with Dinara yesterday.

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ági trained with Dinara yesterday.
Hopefully her wining ways will rub off to to Ági.

améliemomo
May 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
omg agnes what a beatdown over venus!!:worship::worship:

congrats agnes!!fourth round in roland garros,that s huge!:hearts:

go and beat cibulkova now!

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM
:woohoo::sobbing::bounce::worship::inlove: she beat Venus :sobbing: oh my god she beat Venus, this is so amazing :inlove:. It's close with the Beijing final, but this is the biggest win of her career! Who would have thought after that loss to Pin in Dubai or the Radwanska match in Indian Wells where I started crying after she lost. Oh this is amazing!!!

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Beat them in doubles too :armed:!

#kArLoS#
May 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
:hearts::inlove::woohoo:
Fortunately I could see from 2-2* until the end,and it was magic:D:yeah:;so I am so happy:sobbing:
Congrats Agi:hug::hearts:,and pls beat the russian bitch too:armed:

Peterk07
May 29th, 2009, 03:20 PM
It's close with the Beijing final, but this is the biggest win of her career!

Jelena was ranked nr3 too back then, and that was a final, plus she played some great tennis there, so for me that Beijing victory is still her biggest win. But this one is close. :)

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Jelena was ranked nr3 too back then, and that was a final, plus she played some great tennis there, so for me that Beijing victory is still her biggest win. But this one is close. :)
But Venus is Venus Williams :p. It's the best player she's ever beaten for sure. In terms of importance, the JJ match is better, but for quality of opponent, I think this.

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 03:56 PM
But Venus is Venus Williams :p. It's the best player she's ever beaten for sure. In terms of importance, the JJ match is better, but for quality of opponent, I think this.

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Vee was really unsportsmanlike in the press conference :o:tape:. "I'm using to winning 6-0, not................ missing my shots so much".

améliemomo
May 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
well dont expect too much from a williams,she must be pissed about such a scoreline:o

very happy for agnes cause it was a very tough year in 2008. she looks so kind and nice.

Iceland
May 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
OMG Agnes :banana: I can't believe I missed such a performance because of a stupid oral examination.

I knew she would win but I didn't expect such a scoreline! This 3 sets loss in Acapulco was the match that put Agi out of her slump and now let's hope this win will give her wings! She has a serious shot at making it to the semies... So happy she is showing her clay court game at the best. This feels so great!!!!
Indeed close call between Beijing final & this one. Both were important matches, one was an unbelievable fight (with that shocking second serve ace to save MP) the other a beatdown over a Williams sister. :p

Congrats Agi! If there's someone who deserves it, it's her!

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Too bad she and Dulko lost in doubles :sad: they had a rough draw :hug: it would be nice if these two play together again, maybe Wimbledon if Shahar doesn't play...

hellas719
May 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Agnes:inlove:
I saw up until 6-0 1-0 and I loved the way Agnes played. I'm so proud of her even though Venus lost:)
Agi really deserved it:D

charlieluvtennis
May 29th, 2009, 10:09 PM
:woohoo: Brilliant match Agnes! So happy you beat Venus 6-0 6-4! :bounce:
Keep it going and good luck in next round :hug:

iGOAT
May 29th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Feelings on the Domi match everyone? I really hope Ágnes can win, but I think it will be tough for many reasons. I have a slight feeling she'll lose, and I had a feeling she'd win before the Vee match. They have played three times, and Ági won them all, but all three were in summer 2007 when Ági was amazing and Domi was not so good yet.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM
iSzavay!!!!!!!!! :hug:

i'm not around much these days but i saw the result and thought of you :lol: congrats....you've stuck by her through it all so i know how it feels to finally see it paying off :) congrats to agnes and everyone here ;)

Peterk07
May 30th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Feelings on the Domi match everyone?

Well, this time everything is on Agi's side, and this makes me really scared. :help::lol:
Let's see:
- She is 3:0 H2H vs Domi.
- It is a good sign that ever since she lost to King, Agi only lost to top10 players.
- She is playing better and better match by match.
- This was the second match in a row in which she didn't have her usual in-game ups and downs. :yeah:
- And most importantly it seems someone finally could :smash: into her head that she should use her brain.

This is nearly too much on her side. :lol: And this is when one usually gets beaten. So I'm scared. :help: But hell, Agi should finally take her chances and go as deep as she possibly can. :rocker:

hellas719
May 30th, 2009, 01:34 AM
I think Agi will do it:angel:
I thought Cibulkova was gonna withdraw anyways before the tourney started:unsure:
I say:
SZAVAY...... 5 6 8
CIBULKOVA 7 3 6
:p

iGOAT
May 30th, 2009, 03:32 AM
That's how I feel too peterk07, hellas, maybe, but not the 8-6.

mon72
May 30th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Well, this time everything is on Agi's side, and this makes me really scared. :help::lol:

haha i know exactly what you mean. it seems so easy that you know she will blow it.hope not. To Agi's credit she looks mentally stronger too. hope she can stay focused.

#kArLoS#
May 30th, 2009, 01:20 PM
My prediction:Agi d. Domi 36 64 63:p
Hopefully it won´t jinx her:scared::unsure:

iGOAT
May 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
She's first on Lenglen tomorrow :):bounce:.

hellas719
May 30th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Go Agnes! Hajra!

dulkogii
May 31st, 2009, 12:11 AM
Agnes/Gise!:(:(

Good luck tomorrow agnes!

Pszczelny
May 31st, 2009, 07:01 AM
Great win Ágnes! :D

Don't stop here, you have still so much to do at this FO :angel:

jack daniels
May 31st, 2009, 07:22 AM
Agnes even beat Domi in Australian Open juniors in 2005! ;)

Christinawww
May 31st, 2009, 08:42 AM
I like both Agi and Cibulkova, but I think that Agi will win this. She is a better player.

iGOAT
May 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
She lost 6-2, 6-4 :sad: good tournament :).

#kArLoS#
May 31st, 2009, 10:53 AM
Oh why?I´m crying right now:bigcry::bigcry:
Agi:hug::kiss:

Christinawww
May 31st, 2009, 11:00 AM
She lost 6-2, 6-4 :sad: good tournament :).

so true. Shame she lost because Cibulkova didn't play that well. It was mostly Agi playing below average. Whenever Agi fought she was better than Cibulkova IMO. But overall, a good tournament for Agi. Reaching the 4th round of a slam and defeating Venus along the way. And also Vesnina who has been playing well this year.

iGOAT
May 31st, 2009, 11:04 AM
For some reason I'm not too upset. The end was good :) I wish she would play before Wimbledon though :o.

dos Santos
May 31st, 2009, 11:08 AM
good tournament :).

But very bad last match :(

#kArLoS#
May 31st, 2009, 11:15 AM
And Wimbly will be the next tourny,yes?

iGOAT
May 31st, 2009, 11:36 AM
Unless she takes a late entry into Eastbourne or Birmingham or 's-Hertogenbosch, which I doubt.

iGOAT
May 31st, 2009, 11:48 AM
Damn this means Ágnes will be a low seed at Wimbledon. She better not be near anyone named Williams or Safina. The rest are beatable :). Wimbledon is the last tournament where she has any significant points to defend for the rest of the year, basically she can only go up.

Iceland
May 31st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Agi was so far from her best, it's so frustrating. She's a much better player and even on clay than Dominika and still played a disastrous match. Still, she could have come back but pressure and kindness prevented her from reaching this goal. This loss hurts for me because she had the capacity of going really far here... I feel like it's a real wasted opportunity. I wish she would have been more determined on this match. She was too nice to Domi.

Good tournament that proves she's back :)

Peterk07
May 31st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Agi. :help: I somehow expected this loss. :(

She said she felt bad yesterday evening, her fever came back. Today she felt herself very weak, and after the first points she felt she is too weak for the long rallies, so she tried to finish them early. Which didn't work, she made a lot of UE's. Towards the end she tried to just put the ball back to Domi's side, but it wasn't enough.

Still a wasted opportunity. :( 220 points for this match, and a possible another 400 for the next round is wasted. :sad: So she needs a good run in Wimbledon to keep her rankings. I hope we will the good Agi again in there. ;)

hellas719
May 31st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Agnes:(
But it was a good run:)

mralas
Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Cibulkova beat Sharapova too 6-0 6-2 :eek:

iGOAT
Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:05 PM
Oh that's depressing :sad: she could have made the semifinals :sobbing: and why stop there :devil: oh well she didn't...

SzavayFi
Jun 3rd, 2009, 05:20 AM
Domi is playing good tennis now so it wasn't so bad of a loss. Agi still did NOT play her best at all, actually, she played pretty shitty. *sigh*

Oh well, she's on the climb. And she's back on form. So even if she gets a bad draw at Wimbledon she has the American hard court season where shes kicks ass. :drool:

Hakapeszi
May 21st, 2010, 11:41 AM
No, not seeded :(

I hope nothing this year here.

iGOAT
May 21st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hakapeszi. PLEASE. STOP. DOING. THIS.

Gregorio87
May 21st, 2010, 12:00 PM
:haha:

hellas719
May 22nd, 2010, 03:16 AM