PDA

View Full Version : Jelena in Warsaw: R1 v Q

cn ireland
May 16th, 2009, 02:21 PM
She avoided Sharapova & Wozniacki thankfully:)!

Good luck Jelena:bounce:!

Just Do It
May 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Nice draw. 2nd around against Wozniak who is 4th seed.

Golovinjured.
May 16th, 2009, 03:23 PM
MAINDRAW

(1) Wozniacki Caroline (DEN) vs QUALIFIER
Garbin Tathiana (ITA) vs (WC) Sharapova Maria (RUS)
Domachowska Marta (POL) vs Amanmuradova Akgul (UZB)
(WC)Piter Katarzyna (POL) vs (8) Bondarenko Alona (UKR)

(4) Wozniak Aleksandra (CAN) vs Goerges Julia (GER)
Dokic Jelena (AUS) vs QUALIFIER
Gallovits Edina (ROU) vs Craybas Jill (USA)
(7) Mattek-Sands Bethanie (USA) vs Keothavong Anne (GBR)

(5) Sara Errani vs Bondarenko Kateryna (UKR)
Mayr Patricia (AUT) vs Voskoboeva Galina (KAZ)
QUALIFIER vs Pironkova Tsvetana (BUL)
(3) Zheng Jie (CHN) vs QUALIFIER

(6) Hantuchova Daniela (SVK) vs Llagostera Vives Nuria (ESP)
Radwanska Urszula vs Koryttseva Mariya (UKR)
Zakopalova Klara (CZE) vs Czink Melinda (HUN)
(2) Radwanska Agnieszka vs Govortsova Olga (BLR)

Nice draw. Would have preferred Gallovits or Domachowska earlier :devil: No one extraordinarily scary in quallies either, might want to avoid Arn (:unsure:), Dulgeru, Lapushchenkova and Raluca though. Don't want to get to excited, but semifinals doesn't look too difficult here.

:inlove::inlove:

Go Jelena! SHOOO! :armed:

Mashabator
May 16th, 2009, 04:05 PM
not wozniacki 2nd round, WOZNIAK, better than wozniacki though :)

Mashabator
May 16th, 2009, 04:10 PM
perfect tourny, has jelly and masha :inlove:

WhatTheDeuce
May 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Nice draw. Semis is a definite possibility. :D

Uranium
May 16th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Jelly:bounce:

LindsayRulz
May 16th, 2009, 05:36 PM
That's a good draw, a little worried about Wozniak, but if she passes Aleks she might go far. :D

Philip
May 16th, 2009, 05:48 PM
yay jelena packed couple of months coming up :D

Freakan
May 16th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I saw her today.
At first I was looking from the long distance as it's very hard to see what's going on on the court where Jelena was practicing. She seemed to be playing great. She was playing a practice match with Goerges and I think I saw her hitting like 3 or 4 winners in a row, easily overpowering Julia. But then I came closer, just behing the entrance to her court. At first she looked at me a few times, maybe she remembered me from Katowice :hearts:
But then :eek:
She started to make maaaany easy UE's and got furious. At first she was talking loudly to herself but then she got really mad and was shouting to (or maybe even at) Borna :eek: even though he was standing like 3-4 metres from her. I think she also shouted that she lost 1:6 but I'm not sure.
Basically she's taking things way to seriously, I was close to saying "calm down, Jelena!" to her :tape:
Maybe she was acting this way because of Damir's case...
And one more thing - both times, today and in Katowice, she was playing quite bad when it was really cold. In Katowice, before the weather went bad, she was playing very well so maybe she just sucks when it's cold outside.. It should be much warmer since Monday so I hope she'll be playing much better.
I made some pics but the quality is poor and I don't have time to upload them..

Havok
May 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Finally a nice looking draw. Playing a qualie first up can pose some slight problems but I doubt anything major. She has a really good shot vs Wozniak in the 2r as well so she can go far and get some easy points. If only she was smarter and played Fes, Estoril, skipped Bucharest and played Warsaw she would probably be top 50 by now.:(

Привет
May 17th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Wozniak is a danger, people constantly downplay how well she can play. She took out Bartoli in straights, and she's capable of beating Jela.

That said, the quarter she is in is the one I would place her in if I could choose, so she'll have her chances in Warsaw. Go Jela!

hdfb
May 17th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Yes Jelena is definitely in the easier quarter. I think she can make it to the semis for sure. It's all about Jelena's unforced errors most of the time at the end of the day.

Golovinjured.
May 17th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I saw her today.
At first I was looking from the long distance as it's very hard to see what's going on on the court where Jelena was practicing. She seemed to be playing great. She was playing a practice match with Goerges and I think I saw her hitting like 3 or 4 winners in a row, easily overpowering Julia. But then I came closer, just behing the entrance to her court. At first she looked at me a few times, maybe she remembered me from Katowice :hearts:
She started to make maaaany easy UE's and got furious. At first she was talking loudly to herself but then she got really mad and was shouting to (or maybe even at) Borna :eek: even though he was standing like 3-4 metres from her. I think she also shouted that she lost 1:6 but I'm not sure.
Basically she's taking things way to seriously, I was close to saying "calm down, Jelena!" to her :tape:
And one more thing - both times, today and in Katowice, she was playing quite bad when it was really cold. In Katowice, before the weather went bad, she was playing very well so maybe she just sucks when it's cold outside.. It should be much warmer since Monday so I hope she'll be playing much better.

:scared:

deepsand
May 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM
yay jelena packed couple of months coming up :D

i know - its damn exciting!

Just Do It
May 17th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I saw her today.

I agree.

King Aaron
May 17th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I saw her today.
Thanks.

I'd rather she take it way too seriously then not care at all though. Take it a match at a time Jelena. :scared:

Vamos Feńa
May 17th, 2009, 08:10 PM
now I'm nervous :scared:
she seems so impatient, I always thought if she could have such a distance to life like Clijsters she would do so much better. On the other hand Jelena suffered nightmares in life while Kim didn't have such troubles...

Freakan will you be able to go to Jelena's match on Tuesday?

Freakan
May 17th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to see her match...

Some pretty good news from today:
At first she practiced with Wozniak. Both were playing pretty well, their rallies were quite long, Jelena didn't use all her power, she seemed to be concentrating more on placing the ball well than on hitting winners. They seemed pretty even, match between them would be vey close today.
Then she was playing with Zheng. And that was rather funny as this time it was Jelena who was hitting winners left and right and Jie was the one who got frustrated. Jelena was definitely the better player, she also hit a wonderful drop shot :)
I haven't been watching her for too long though so I don't know if she was playing so good during whole practice...

btw. It was quite warm today, so my theory seems to be right ;)

Vamos Feńa
May 17th, 2009, 09:30 PM
thanks so much for your reports :)
hopefully the weather will be ok during her match ;) the beginning of May was so warm and sunny in whole Poland :)

cn ireland
May 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the reports:)!!

I really hope that Jelena will have a good tournament here;)!!

Привет
May 17th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Let's hope for sunny skies in Poland, then. ;)

Golovinjured.
May 18th, 2009, 02:35 AM
That's promising. :awww:

doktor
May 18th, 2009, 04:54 AM
hurry up jela...

Just Do It
May 18th, 2009, 09:47 AM
YAY sounds good :yeah:
I was hoping Dokic would practice with Sharapova :awww:

Mashabator
May 18th, 2009, 01:51 PM
masha's playing now :drool: :inlove:

doktor
May 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM
lisicki, wozniacki and radwanska have all withdrawn... could be a pretty good shot for jela here...

Mashabator
May 18th, 2009, 03:42 PM
yep, go jelly and masha

muniu
May 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
jelena first tmrw on CC vs Olaru , 11:00 CET :woohoo:
I'll see her live <:D:D

Ballbasher
May 18th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Of course it is Olaru :o
But she will be live on ES! :woohoo:

muniu
May 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Of course it is Olaru :o
But she will be live on ES! :woohoo:

I saw Olaru today, she played really bad ,
so Jelena just need to be consistent, and I'm sure it'll be a pretty routine win :D

Just Do It
May 18th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Olaru ? :unsure:

1100 live on ES :woohoo:

Ajde :rocker2:

King Aaron
May 18th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I get to watch her! :woohoo:

I think, I might have to fight for the TV though. Which I don't think I'll win. :sad:

DokDi
May 18th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Good luck Jelena!:)
Eurosport:hearts: Let's hope for a nice outfit but most important, a great game;)

WhatTheDeuce
May 18th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Someone please record it and upload! :bigcry:

powerbackhand
May 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I get to watch her! :woohoo:

I think, I might have to fight for the TV though. Which I don't think I'll win. :sad:

oh no u must fight for it be strong and u will be the v:fiery::fiery:ictor

powerbackhand
May 18th, 2009, 05:58 PM
wohoo go jelena

cn ireland
May 18th, 2009, 07:33 PM
It would have to be the toughest qualifier for Jelena:lol:!

Good luck JD and Shoo her aside in 2:bounce:!!

Havok
May 18th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Will there be any live stream for Warsaw???

Havok
May 18th, 2009, 07:40 PM
NVM just checked www.channelsurfing.net and they had Warsaw on there. Hopefully it will work just fine tomorrow morning :drool::hearts:

Harvs
May 18th, 2009, 10:09 PM
wozniak and mattek out:) open draw for JD!!!!:)

Dokic Pierce
May 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Someone please record it and upload! :bigcry:

Yes if someone could do that it would be fantastic for us! :kiss:

Sectumsempra
May 18th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Yes can somebody please record it and upload it :tears:

Golovinjured.
May 19th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Atleast there's a livestream for the rest of us. :tears:

GL Jelena! :armed:

Привет
May 19th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Someone please upload. :D You would instantly beat out powerbackhand and MilanDokic to become the Domain's favourite poster if you did! ;)

Jela vs Ioana Raluca is interesting. I SO wish I had Selectv (Aussies you've probably heard of it). They have Eurosport and it's showing heaps of Warsaw. :sad: I miss out on Masha and Jela, so devastated.

Привет
May 19th, 2009, 12:32 AM
At the least, we'll get to see highlights of her match on the WTA tour site. :)

Golovinjured.
May 19th, 2009, 12:42 AM
It's showing Warsaw? :speakles: :sobbing:

The draw is wide open. No Wozniacki or Radwanska, and Wozniak and Mattek-Sands are out of her quarter. Only Ioana Raluca Olaru and Julia Goerges stand in the way of a QF. :speakles: If she was ever going to make her post-AO breakthrough than THIS is the time. Cmon Jelly. :hearts:

Freakan - when are we getting your pictures? :D:D

Привет
May 19th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Yes, they are. In general they show a lot of WTA tennis. :( Never live, of course, but I could give two hoots about that.

doktor
May 19th, 2009, 01:02 AM
http://www.fromsport.com/video.php?activity=8792&video=27600

this website streamed Marias match last night... so maybe...

she should be on about 7:00pm sydney time, yeah?

hdfb
May 19th, 2009, 01:27 AM
This is amaze. I can't wait!

Mr.Kardashian
May 19th, 2009, 04:09 AM
good luck Jelena!!!!!!!!!!!

WhatTheDeuce
May 19th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Oh yay, waking up at 5am to watch

Golovinjured.
May 19th, 2009, 07:44 AM
So it's only like 1 and 1/2 hours away? :speakles: I thought it was at like 2am here, and I start work at midnight. Ahh sweet relief. :drool:

Go on Jelly! :inlove:

Harvs
May 19th, 2009, 08:53 AM
7 minutes:)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
May 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Let's go Jelena :yeah:

aussie_fan
May 19th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Good Luck Jelena

Golovinjured.
May 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM
She's on :drool:

Mashabator
May 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
shes warming up, shes looking good!

Harvs
May 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM
WOOHOO! livestream: http://www.fromsport.com/?cat=4

Mashabator
May 19th, 2009, 09:12 AM
http://www.justin.tv/karavannn

Harvs
May 19th, 2009, 09:12 AM
lol theres like 5 people in the stadium

OZTENNIS
May 19th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Serving down 15-30 in the first game

OZTENNIS
May 19th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Pfft stupid limited uni quota

Ajde JD :armed:

OZTENNIS
May 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
30-30.

OZTENNIS
May 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
40-30.

Game point :D

aussie_fan
May 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Man, broadband internet has allowed me to watch as much tennis as could possible want. My internet provider is great. While also distracting from assignments I'm meant to be doing

Jelena 1-0

JellyDelight
Great - many thanks!!!

Jelly holds her opening game!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
:yeah:

OZTENNIS
JD holds to 30 and leads 1-0 :)

Golovinjured.
May 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Go to the livescore thread. :hearts:

Keadz
May 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Trust me to run out of internet downloads by the 19th of May, so I can't watch her play because my internet is slower than freaking dial up. :sad:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
May 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Olaru takes like an hour in between each serve.

Mashabator
May 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM
jelly tryna hit it 2 hard, way to many UE's.

So Disrespectful
May 19th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Poor effort so far.

deepsand
May 19th, 2009, 09:50 AM
OMG! i missed the start! i am completely devestated!
i am never talking to that person who held me up EVER AGAIN!!!!!

i'm sorry everyone - because i know that if I was watching it - she would have started better! :P

C'MON JELENA!!!

So Disrespectful
May 19th, 2009, 09:53 AM
She's just hitting the ball without a thought and not moving well either. It seems like she doesn't care about the match. Hopefully she'll fight herself into some form.

WhatTheDeuce
May 19th, 2009, 10:52 AM
After seeing the last 2 games, I thank God didn't wake up to watch this entire catastrophe... :o

Привет
May 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Bad luck, Jela. :)

But really, you've gotta start racking up some points sooner rather than later. :hug: Go nuts on the grass! :D

Just Do It
May 19th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I cant explain how upset I am.

muniu
May 19th, 2009, 11:13 AM
yeah she lost the match , I'm very upset ( I wanted to go on Friday matches , SF Sharpie vs Jelena :bigcry: :secret: )
but what scares me to death is her attitude and style, she is just all or nothing ...
oh well, good luck in Paris :(

rucolo
May 19th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Disappointing loss.:sad:

Horrible play, Jelena.:help:
A few good winners but many stupid unforced errors.:o

What I didn`t like at all today was Jelenas attitude.
She didn`t seem hungry, fighting and motivated.
No patience.
Very bad movement.
No consistency.
Jelena didn`t seem to have fun playing tennis.:sad:
It seemed like she didn`t want to be there.

Can Jelena only play well in Australia?!
What`s wrong?

deepsand
May 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
i guess the positive is that i will be able to spend more time studying for exams this week.
oh well (sighs). see you when french open fever sets in.

Golovinjured.
May 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Anyone else scared that Jelena will get a horror draw at Roland Garros? She's been pretty lucky so far this year.. Craybas, Gallovits, Olaru.. I'm not looking forward to it.

DokicToServe
May 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM
What. was. that. JELENA??

:( I mean wake up already, play to your best abilities. Horrendous effort. Bah, Jelena's hardest match in a tournament is the first and then maybe the second. If she gets past those, she puts on a very good display... But, this.... Ugh!

Edit: I'm SO much disappointed. I wanted her to play well and progress so we could have even more livestream etc. And now... :(

matty
May 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Disappointing loss.:sad:

Horrible play, Jelena.:help:
A few good winners but many stupid unforced errors.:o

What I didn`t like at all today was Jelenas attitude.
She didn`t seem hungry, fighting and motivated.
No patience.
Very bad movement.
No consistency.
Jelena didn`t seem to have fun playing tennis.:sad:
It seemed like she didn`t want to be there.

Can Jelena only play well in Australia?!
What`s wrong?

Unfortunately, mental states are inherited. People who suffer from depression, can overreact and get angry and down on themselves. If she's taking something for it---the medicine could have bad side effects as well. I guess we just shouldn't have any fancy expectations--she shouldn't put any on herself either (which is proabably hard after her AO results). I hope she can just take it one day at a time and let the bad stuff go.

doktor
May 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM
so dissapointed...

cn ireland
May 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Disappointing loss for Jelena as she could've done really well at this tournament:sad:!

Let's hope she's saving all her wins for RG;)!

King Aaron
May 20th, 2009, 04:15 PM
:sobbing: It was painful to watch. She was awful. Her movement was poor and she wasn't focused or thinking at all on court. At least at the AO when she was muttering to herself and getting down on herself, she still pulled herself together but here...:o :tape: