PDA

View Full Version : WWW Madrid Final: (1) D. Safina vs (9) C. Wozniacki

ElusiveChanteuse
May 16th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Dinara reaches her third straight red clay event final. Will she add another clay title under her belt?

Caroline also reaches her third clay event final this season but her first on red clay. Will she upset Dinara?

champion88
May 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Another win for Dinara - straight sets

Bijoux0021
May 16th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Dinara in 2 straight sets.

Andrew Laeddis
May 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Dinara will probably win but I dont really care who wins. I'm happy with both :)

Dawson.
May 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Wozniacki all the way baby :rocker2:

kman
May 16th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I have this feeling Dinara will take it in straights.

But I hope Caroline can cause an upset or at least make it competitive.

volta
May 16th, 2009, 01:25 PM
although i think that Dinara will win in str8s i'll be rooting for Caro all the way.

com'on prove me wrong Caro :bounce:

Marionated
May 16th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Dinara 61 64

Aaric
May 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I think Wozniacki has several chances, maybe in three sets.

HRHoliviasmith
May 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
dinara back to back

sammy01
May 16th, 2009, 01:33 PM
safina will rip caro a new one in 2 easy sets.

AnnaK_4ever
May 16th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Dinara will win in straights and become the world No.1

Shvedbarilescu
May 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Credit to Wozniacki for a very good week but she is now up against the best clay court player in the world right now by a sizable margin. Safina in 2.

Lord Choc Ice
May 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Safina in two. I'm done with my Wozniacki hate (it is getting old, I figure if you don't like her don't watch her), but that's my honest opinion.

DragonFlame
May 16th, 2009, 01:53 PM
How many people would it annoy if Wozniacki wins this? :devil: Anyway, i give her chances. Dinara has been missing a lot this week, and Wozniacki has been incredibly solid all week.

Wozniacki for the mandatory win, just like azarenka! Do it! :worship:

Dodoboy.
May 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I would LOVE for Caro to win a mandatory title, but she isn't going to get the same luck Vika did. Safina is going to show up healthy and hungry - it should be Dinara in 2 (6-3 6-2) unless she plays TERRIBLY!

VIKA?
May 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I say Caro in 3 but I think Safina will win this:o

CloudAtlas
May 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Dinara will win , but losing in a Masters final on your worst surface against the World #1 is nothing to be too disappointed about , Caro has done very well to reach the final :)

FormerlyKnownAs
May 16th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I want Caroline too win this just to piss off all the haters, and arm wrestling fans.
BUT I think that Safina is the big favorite.

cn ireland
May 16th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Dinara in 2!

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 16th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I like both of them, but I hope Dindin wins, we need a dominant force on clay.

AnnaK_4ever
May 16th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Safina's road to the final :
bye, #28, #50, #46, #20

Wozniacki's road to the final :
#54, #113, #26, #67, #21

Premier Mandatory my ass.
WTA, :help:

kman
May 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
bye, #28, #50, #46, #20

#54, #113, #26, #67, #21

Caroline had Venus Williams lined up in third round and Serena Willims lined up in the next. Not her fault they sucked and got eliminated. Caro easily disposed of the person who beat Venus so it's fully deserved that she's in the final.

WTA :help:, yes, but it's always been like that. I only watch it because of Caroline, a fellow countryman whom I happen to like, is having success.

Emina.
May 16th, 2009, 03:00 PM
safina :crying2::crying2::crying2:

Shvedbarilescu
May 16th, 2009, 03:14 PM
bye, #28, #50, #46, #20

#54, #113, #26, #67, #21

The only two players who were missing from this event in the top 10 were Zvonereva and Ivanovic. The only other player missing from the top 20 was number 18 Cibulkova. All three players were injured. It is not Safina and Wozniacki's fault that all the remaining top 20 twenty players lost early. Credit to both girls for being fit enough and eager enough to fight their way to the final when none of the other players were able.

Or you can blame the schedule and say that all Safina and Wozniacki did was take advantage of a tired unmotivated draw. Perhaps. But the thing is that Safina and Wozniacki are actually the two players who could have most justified being tired this week. Safina has played ten matches in the two preceding weeks. Wozniacki has played more matches this year than anyone in the top 50. Of all the players on the tour, these are the two that one could have understood if they decided to take it easy this week. Clearly they didn't and that is very much to both players credit.

I know these are not your two favourite players, and in fact this could probably be regarded as your nightmare final, but credit where credit is due. Safina is proving a very worthy number one. And Wozniacki is certainly showing she belongs in the top 10.

kman
May 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
The only two players who were missing from this event in the top 10 were Zvonereva and Ivanovic. The only other player missing from the top 20 was number 18 Cibulkova. All three players were injured. It is not Safina and Wozniacki's fault that all the remaining top 20 twenty players lost early. Credit to both girls for being fit enough and eager enough to fight their way to the final when none of the other players were able.

Or you can blame the schedule and say that all Safina and Wozniacki did was take advantage of a tired unmotivated draw. Perhaps. But the thing is that Safina and Wozniacki are actually the two players who could have most justified being tired this week. Safina has played ten matches in the two preceding weeks. Wozniacki has played more matches this year than anyone in the top 50. Of all the players on the tour, these are the two that one could have understood if they decided to take it easy this week. Clearly they didn't and that is very much to both players credit.

I know these are not your two favourite players, and in fact this could probably be regarded as your nightmare final, but credit where credit is due. Safina is proving a very worthy number one. And Wozniacki is certainly showing she belongs in the top 10.

Another fierce zinger :devil:

AnnaK_4ever
May 16th, 2009, 03:21 PM

Exactly when and where did I say it was Safina's and Wozniacki's fault?

All I said was WTA, :help:

Shvedbarilescu
May 16th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Okay. Fair enough. It is certainly true that there aren't enough players who are prepared to stand up and be counted at the moment. And in such an environment those that are will be the ones to prosper.

kman
May 16th, 2009, 03:26 PM

Oh come on. You list only the players Safina and Wozniacki beat and then proceed to say "Premiere my ass", completely disregarding the rest of the field (which was certainly Premiere-worthy) :rolleyes:

The reply you got was warranted.

Vaidisova
May 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Safina

AnomyBC
May 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Dinara is going to win, but I'm rooting for Caro :inlove:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Crappy Final

Hopefully Wozniacki IN TWO

Jorn
May 16th, 2009, 04:33 PM
62% for Safina.

Safina is the fave imo 75/25 but I hope Caro can do something in the Finale!
But just reaching the Finals are great for Caroline :) Giv den gas imogen!

AnnaK_4ever
May 16th, 2009, 04:39 PM
62% for Safina.

Safina is the fave imo 75/25 but I hope Caro can do something in the Finale!
But just reaching the Finals are great for Caroline :) Giv den gas imogen!

It's 74.5% for Safina.

Deck
May 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
no idea if Caro can succeed, but I hope so, come on Caro :)

saul1333
May 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Hopefully NOT Caro.

Please win Dianra :tape:

joćo.
May 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Caro in 3.

Roookie
May 16th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Dinara 7-5 6-4.
Safina - winners: 34 unforced: 62
Caro - winners: 6 unforced: 11

Bosco123
May 16th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Dinara 7-5 6-4.

oh my god!:lol:

the thing is that I think you might be right about this stat!!!

Taniaaa
May 16th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hopefully Caro.

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 16th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Caro in 3

oleada
May 16th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Dinara, hopefully. If not, women's tennis is worse off than I thought.

FormerlyKnownAs
May 16th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Dinara, hopefully. If not, women's tennis is worse off than I thought.
If womans tennis is that bad, why not watch Arm Wrestling on Eurosport.

goldenlox
May 17th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Is this a separate ticket, or does one ticket get a fan in for both finals?
I figure Nadal-Federer in Madrid is a sell out.

young_gunner913
May 17th, 2009, 12:14 AM
dinara will probably win 6-4, 6-2 :shrug: hoping caro can take it though.

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Down with the pusher!! She must be stopped and Dina is just the woman to do it!! :worship:

Dina in 2. And I'll be forever in her debt. :hug:

Shvedbarilescu
May 17th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Dinara 7-5 6-4.

Very funny. :rolleyes:

And do you know what? If those stats really did occur Wozniacki would without any doubt be the winner of this match. A winner/error ratio of -5 will always beat a winner/error ratio of -28 regardless of who hits the most winners.

Loungy
May 17th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I really like both players, so it's a win/win match for me. Always nice when this happens. Pretty sure Dina will take it, I'm just hoping Caro manages to avoid getting crushed.

Lord Choc Ice
May 17th, 2009, 12:33 AM
I'm actually starting to think that maybe anti-tennis will win. :scared:

C'mon Dinara. :armed:

SAEKeithSerena
May 17th, 2009, 12:35 AM
dinara is on fucking fire.

dinara rips Wozniacki 6-1, 6-2

tea
May 17th, 2009, 07:58 AM
The bookies give Caroline chances to beat Dinara exactly the same that they give to Roger to beat Rafa today. You know what this mean?:lol: Congrats Dina!

Myggen
May 17th, 2009, 08:15 AM
The bookies give Caroline chances to beat Dinara exactly the same that they give to Roger to beat Rafa today. You know what this mean?:lol: Congrats Dina!

The bookies know the mens game, but don't have a clue about the wta, so don't take that too seriously. Probably it will be very close because Safina won't be able to attack Wozniacki the same way she attacked Schnyder. Wozniacki is hitting less errors, has more depth and has a smarter shot selection than Schnyder had. Wozniacki also has the mind of a winner although she can be extremely annoying with all her whining. Two very unattractive games meet, but if you're a gambler you have to go with the value and the value in this one is Wozniacki.