PDA

View Full Version : Madrid Semi: Wozniacki def. Mauresmo 7/6(1), 6/3

JadeFox
May 16th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Damn Tennis Channel! Their satellite went down and made me miss Caro closing it out!

Congrats Wozzie! :bounce:

delicatecutter
May 16th, 2009, 12:13 PM
:bigcry: This is seriously retarded.

suzie
:sad: :bigcry:

Amélie :hug:

Lord Choc Ice
Anti-tennis beating tennis. Sad. :o

Edy.
Congrats Caro!! :D

kman
Caro :worship: What a way to debut as top 10. First premiere final, on your worst surface.

*Jean*
May 16th, 2009, 12:14 PM

+1. This Wozniacki is a disaster...

*Jean*
I'm the biggest Wozniacki's hater. :)
How can people like such a little girl yelling "COME ON" on the down the net opponen'ts forehands and 1,50m out backhands ?
She's a pusher, she has NO weapon. :(

Amélie played poorly today, from the moment she was 5-4 40-15 up in the first. :sad:

Sean.
Amelie :smash:
:yeah: Caro

Aaric
Caro :bounce::bounce:

Sexysova
well done Caro :D :hearts: :woohoo:

VIKA?
Yes :bounce:

great match Caro:worship:

win the title please:angel:

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 16th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Caro :hearts: She played so well :D Way to shut up the haters :wavey:

Dodoboy.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!

Well done CARO! BIG BIG BIG Final!

:dance: I remember a couple of months ago, someone said that Caro won't be the player contesting for big titles in the future.(iPatty) Well here it is..

Very good win, great fight, kept composure was very intelligent! Super!

Momo :bigclap::hug:

meruvien
She can thank god that Amelie's backhand was awful

TheBoiledEgg
well done Caro
just bored Amelie to death :lol:

i'd say clay is probably her best surface cos its hard to get it past her.

Taniaaa
May 16th, 2009, 12:16 PM
:woohoo::bounce:

that's awesome:D

~Cherry*Blossom~
That was just painful watching Wozniacki trying to close it out. She played so well then just became even more passive in that 5-3 game.

Glad she won it. She was the better player!

Nikkiri
Suck it haters :drool:

moby
Never in doubt after the first set.

Amelie started the match slowly and went down 0-2, but once she got into gear, she was frustrating Caro in the long rallies with her variety (and yes, her moonballs. :tape:) Long rallies was the story of the match; neither player had a kill shot to end the rally in a couple of strokes. But the length of the rallies started to take a toll on her physically and mentally and once Caro saved those set points to get it back to 5-all, there was only one possible result.

Wozniacki is tough as nails. Her determination and intensity from point to point is as intimidating as her game is "boring" and moonballrific. In that sense, she reminds me a little of a young Nadal.

As for the winners-UE ratio, both players had similar ones in the first set: 12 winners 25 UEs for Amelie, 10 winners 19 UEs for Caro.
(I didn't get the final winners-UE ratio.)
So no one can accuse Caro of being particularly push-tastic. (Although I do think Amelie pushes a fair bit as well :shrug:)

joăo.
Not a surprise for me.
Well done, Caro! ;)
Win the title now.

Lucemferre
Caro's game :help::help::help:

tea
May 16th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Amelie:awww:
Caro:D win the whole thing please:D

Aaric
Her determination and intensity from point to point reminds be a little of Nadal.

I´ve tought exactly the same after the match

jasminefu623
20 winners and 29 ues for caro today
Well Done!!

Noctis
Caro hit 2 winners and still wins the match :yeah:

MOMO :hug:

homogenius
First time I watched Caroline play on clay and it'll be the last one.Surprised no one comitted suicide in the stands.

Marionated
May 16th, 2009, 12:19 PM
How many chances, Amelie? :o

améliemomo

yes even if we saw some glimpse of her brillance,especially at mp in the last game but well,not a good amelie on the court today,no enrgy,no inspiration like she was in her previous matchs.
Well a very good week who will make her have a better ranking and rest for roland garros. Injury free.:)

Congrats to caroline even if I dont think it would be the same on grass:p

Koon
:yawn:

Sharpie4me
Chokomomo is back :weirdo::fiery:
WTA :help:

hablo
May 16th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Too bad lost her way when she served for the first set at *5-3. :shrug:

Congrats to Wozniacki; hope either Safina or Schnyder win the final though.

Lucemferre
First time I watched Caroline play on clay and it'll be the last one.Surprised no one comitted suicide in the stands.

:lol: It really is a disaster :tape:

kman
Caro hit 2 winners and still wins the match :yeah:

MOMO :hug:

20 winners. And a LOT less UEs than Mauresmo.

Those winner-machines are errorfests. Same story. They hit 40 winners and then make up for it by making 80 UEs.

Destiny
chokomomo :rolleyes: meh she tried at least

дalex
:sobbing:

hablo
May 16th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Chokomomo is back :weirdo::fiery:
WTA :help:

Too bad Chokomomo couldn't be vanquished today. :o

Mynarco
May 16th, 2009, 12:23 PM
WOW Caro :eek:
Now win it all

Sexysova
Mauresmo's fans are so damn annoying, they never give credit (most of them).. even I do it sometimes when Nicole's opponents deserve it :o

Costanza
:weirdo::smash:

дalex
May 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM

:rolls:

I didn't watch the match so I can't comment on it.

Legend1
May 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Definate missed chance for in that first set... but overall a fantastic week for Amelie :worship:

Bring on the French Open :devil:

Well Done Amelie

kman
May 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
You might want to add to the title that the tiebreak was 7-1

7-6(1) 6-3

EDIT: Done :)

CloudAtlas
May 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Wow there are some bitter people on here. I'm a massive Caro fan but had Amelie won today I would have been ecstatic for her.

Well done Caro , so proud of you :rocker:

Great run Amelie , now do the same at RG :hug:

homogenius
May 16th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Amelie was kinda off today : serve didn't work like the other days, she tried a lot but failed on execution big time (and on the easiest shots at time)and played poorly the big points except for the MP.So many ue and df (some on bp or gp).
Wozniacki played a solid match but really people will desert the stadiums with someone playing like that.

volta
May 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM
:woohoo: 1 more Caro just 1 more :banana:

:wavey: :bounce:

Londoner
May 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM
A dull match. Mauresmo looked tired. The old saying 'it was lost not won' sprang to mind.

Sapphisto
May 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM

Ummm... not just the backhand. Amélie had a bad day at the office. :shrug:

Mauresmo's fans are so damn annoying, they never give credit (most of them).. even I do it sometimes when Nicole's opponents deserve it :o

Actually, not so. Most of us take inspiration from our girl's sense of sportsmanship, which is second to none. Woz was the better player today, and deserved the win - no matter how much it pains us to admit it, that's the way it went down.

ALLEZ for next time, Amé!

hablo
May 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM

No you don't. Believe me, especially not when it comes to Vaidisova. :lol:

Nikkiri
May 16th, 2009, 12:31 PM
How can people like such a little girl yelling "COME ON" on the down the net opponen'ts forehands and 1,50m out backhands ?

Amélie played poorly today, from the moment she was 5-4 40-15 up in the first. :sad:

You are an idiot. Thanks for the bad rep. :weirdo:

InsideOut.
May 16th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Oh no :sobbing: Momo :hysteric: thought you'd win this :crying2:

Well done Caro, but I'll be cheering for Patty if she comes through Dinara (she won't :sobbing:) and no one if Dinara comes through. :sobbing:

olivero
May 16th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Amelie :bigcry:

big thing for Caro

ElusiveChanteuse
May 16th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Momo :smash: Just need to win one more match.:fiery: :rolleyes:
But congrats Caro!:worship:

Mikey B
May 16th, 2009, 12:38 PM
oh amelie!!! could have been a great win or great three setter had she taken her set points... really fell off her great form from 5/3 up... hopefully this week will give her something new going into the french

kman
May 16th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Wow there are some bitter people on here. I'm a massive Caro fan but had Amelie won today I would have been ecstatic for her.

yea, true. I really like Amelie. She's a great sport. It wasn't her day today, but she'll be back :wavey:

Lord Choc Ice
May 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Does Pushniacki really 'come on' on all of Amelie's errors? :help:

égalité
omg :hearts: :bounce: :worship:

Kim's_fan_4ever
You are an idiot. Thanks for the bad rep. :weirdo:

I got one from him too :lol: Some poeple are just too bitter :lol:

iPatty
May 16th, 2009, 12:41 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!

Well done CARO! BIG BIG BIG Final!

:dance: I remember a couple of months ago, someone said that Caro won't be the player contesting for big titles in the future.(iPatty) Well here it is..

Very good win, great fight, kept composure was very intelligent! Super!

Momo :bigclap::hug:

Right, because she has beaten so many top players to reach the final.

InsideOut.
May 16th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Does Pushniacki really 'come on' on all of Amelie's errors? :help:

What else can she 'come on' on? ;)

H.A.M.
May 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Cool Caro. Now lose to the world number one in the final. Anyways, I'd be happy whoever win between Dina and Caro.

homogenius

Well done Caro , so proud of you :rocker:

Great run Amelie , now do the same at RG :hug:

Personnally I think Wozniacki totally deserved to win this match.It doesn't mean I have to say that the girl has a brilliant and attractive game when in reality it's the most painfull thing I saw in a long long time.

Nikkiri
I got one from him too :lol: Some poeple are just too bitter :lol:

:rolls: pathetic.

Lord Choc Ice
May 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM
True, true.

H.A.M.
May 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM

Roland garros 2008 anyone? Australian Open 2006? Hell, Wimbledon 2008?!

My point is you can reach a GS final with eitheir weak competition or a neverending luck these days.

Sapphisto
May 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Perhaps her own winners?

Personnally I think Wozniacki totally deserved to win this match.It doesn't mean I have to say that the girl has a brilliant and attractive game when in reality it's the most painfull thing I saw in a long long time.

:tape: Put it out there!!

I'd far rather watch Amé in good form, any day. :shrug: But yeah, Woz got the job done today, Amélie didn't. Credit where credit is due.

monmonito
May 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I want momo to win in that match...
I dont think Caro will win in the final :lol:

CloudAtlas
May 16th, 2009, 12:47 PM

Is it her fault that the top players are so inconsistent?

Sapphisto
May 16th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Roland garros 2008 anyone? Australian Open 2006? Hell, Wimbledon 2008?!

My point is you can reach a GS final with eitheir weak competition or a neverending luck these days.

If that's true, then it's always been true. It hasn't suddenly become the case just lately.

A sense of perspective can sometimes help. Or maybe I'm just getting old! :help::lol:

Adal
May 16th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Well done Caro :yeah: Good luck in the final.

Sharpie4me
May 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Dinara or Patty please win this final. You deserve it much much more! :)

mariahdg
May 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM

ru ok? rise uself at new high level
compare to most of momo fans
find ur own position boy

Lunaris
May 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Wozniacki is tough as nails. Her determination and intensity from point to point is as intimidating as her game is "boring" and moonballrific.
That's quite typical for players of her style. As for the outcome of this match... never in doubt.

H.A.M.
May 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
What's up with all the hate Caro gets?! Let her be for God's sake. She's doing her job and laughing her way to the bank while most of you can't even afford to pay TennisChannel.

I mean, ok, her game is not the most offensive one, and I personally think she's not that alented. But she works her ass off and doesn't pretend to be "someone" (not yet). I respect her hustle and I think everyone should do so. It's ok to criticize her game, it's totally fair. But going beyond that is just silly because at the end of teh day I've never ever something about her anywhere. It's like no one really pays attention to her and her game.

You guys, Jeeeeeeeeeeeez

InsideOut.
May 16th, 2009, 12:52 PM

:spit::help::tape::confused::weirdo::rolleyes:

lee station
May 16th, 2009, 12:55 PM
ja ho diuen, no fotre brot

frenchie
I had no doubt about the outcome of this match
Amélie's bad baseline game is NO match for Caroline the ballmachine

This result makes me happy even more because of all the negative comments!
Congrats Caro!

H.A.M.
If that's true, then it's always been true. It hasn't suddenly become the case just lately.
A sense of perspective can sometimes help. Or maybe I'm just getting old! :help::lol:

Oh yes it has, are you kidding me!

Look at Ivanovic's path to the RG final last year. Look at Amélie path to the Australian final in 06. Look at Venus' AND Serena's road to the final in Wimbledon. I even forgot about Jelena's cakewalk draw at the 2008 USO and Ivanovic's one in Melbourne.

Dayum, that was ridiculous. Especially last year. Only Maria, Dinara and Serena had a lot of business going on for reaching their respective final last year.

Uranus
May 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM
No surprise. Watch out for Caro at RG. Although she is not MUCH of a danger for the top ranked girls, she knows how to take advantage of depleted fields. Congrats! Fully deserved top 10 spot.

Monica_Rules
May 16th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Caro :)

Amelie :( the comeback is still on though.

Dinayer
May 16th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Caro :woohoo: amazing :hearts:
Momo :hug: :awww: nice tournament anyways :yeah:

Sapphisto
May 16th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Look at Ivanovic's path to the RG final last year. Look at Amélie path to the Australian final in 06. Look at Venus' AND Serena's road to the final in Wimbledon. I even forgot about Jelena's cakewalk draw at the 2008 USO and Ivanovic's one in Melbourne.

Dayum, that was ridiculous. Especially last year. Only Maria, Dinara and Serena had a lot of business going on for reaching their respective final last year.

Give it a decade or two, then you'll have a better idea. :p

And don't start on about the AO 2006. Even the American commentators all agreed that Amélie was the best player in the tournament and she completely deserved that trophy - and the match-winning moment that she was denied. That win was no fluke, and anyone who actually watched the matches, if they had any sense of balance and fairness, would be forced to agree. She simply outplayed the competition.

And before someone describes the path to a GS final as a cakewalk, it's generally a useful exercise in humility to stop and consider how many GS finals they've been in, themselves. ;)

Libertango
May 16th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Caro does not get enough credit; she isn't merely a pusher. She reads the game so well and I love her BH. Her touch is non-existent, but she really desreved the win today. Amelie could have actually won that, and in straight sets. Same old really.

JustTheBest_G
May 16th, 2009, 01:09 PM
so many haters of Caroline :o

great job on winning this match :yeah:

Matt01
May 16th, 2009, 01:09 PM
So did Caro have 2 or 20 winners in this match? I'm confused :lol:

JustTheBest_G
May 16th, 2009, 01:10 PM

and Amelie is a moonballer which is so boring to watch and?

Lunaris
May 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Caro does not get enough credit; she isn't merely a pusher.
Fact is that nobody on the tour is merely a pusher, not even Wozniacki. But by tour standards she is close.

Ryan
May 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM
:worship: WTG Caro, good job stepping up and making the final. :D

Libertango
Fact is that nobody on the tour is merely a pusher, not even Wozniacki. But by tour standards she is close.
OK, I agree her tendency to loop so many FHs, especially on mid-court balls, is annoying - I wish she'd have flattened out some of those today against Amelie, because it seems so passive, but her BH is a definite weapon IMO - DTL and crosscourt. And I like seeing someone play something other than mindless bashing (which is why I also enjoy Amelie, Patty etc.)

kman
Is it her fault that the top players are so inconsistent?

iPatty is just bitter. Kleybanova beat Venus Williams, then Caroline destroyed Kleybanova in straight sets 6-2 6-2. Caroline is consistency, not luck :rolleyes:

moby
May 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Fact is that nobody on the tour is merely a pusher, not even Wozniacki. But by tour standards she is close.To be fair, she did hit 20 winners in 22 games today.

To put things in perspective, in the Nadal-Verdasco QF, which lasted 22 games and 2 hours also,

Nadal hit 14 winners, and Verdasco 17 winners.

And that's men's tennis.

Marcelo.
May 16th, 2009, 01:18 PM
:o :o

Amélie :awww::sad:

Temporary0369
May 16th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Oh my gosh. People need to just shut up, especially Amelie fans. 20 winners for Caro, 23 for Amelie... 20 some odd errors for one 40 some odd for the other. Watching a hideous wreck of a match is not more entertaining than watching the ball actually go in the court for more than a few strokes.

I'm not even a big fan of Wozniacki's it's just that this is so beyond obnoxious at this point. Get a clue.

frenchie
May 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM
If Caro is such a bad player, horrible pusher.....what does that say about all the opponents she beat in 2 sets this week??

Blame it on her opponents who weren't even close to beat her:rolleyes:

moby
May 16th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Oh my gosh. People need to just shut up, especially Amelie fans. 20 winners for Caro, 23 for Amelie... 20 some odd errors for one 40 some odd for the other. Watching a hideous wreck of a match is not more entertaining than watching the ball actually go in the court for more than a few strokes.

I'm not even a big fan of Wozniacki's it's just that this is so beyond obnoxious at this point. Get a clue.The funniest thing is, it's not like Amelie is not a compulsive moonballer herself. :lol: So all this support for Amelie against Caro is ironic.

H.A.M.
May 16th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Give it a decade or two, then you'll have a better idea. :p

And don't start on about the AO 2006. Even the American commentators all agreed that Amélie was the best player in the tournament and she completely deserved that trophy - and the match-winning moment that she was denied. That win was no fluke, and anyone who actually watched the matches, if they had any sense of balance and fairness, would be forced to agree. She simply outplayed the competition.

And before someone describes the path to a GS final as a cakewalk, it's generally a useful exercise in humility to stop and consider how many GS finals they've been in, themselves. ;)

You can say whatever you want but Momo's draw was anything BUT tough. Granted she was playing the best out of all the players ( I personally think Justine and Maria were playing a greater tennis but well, I'm neitheir american nor a commentator...)

And the point of my post is NOT lowering the achivement of reaching a GS final, the point is to prove that nowadays you can reach one with a damn walk-in-the-park draw. What has it to do with the number of GS finals they contested? Absolutely NOTHING.

Blu€
May 16th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Caro :hearts:, fantastic week! Good luck in the final :devil:

kman
May 16th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Just to even out some of the hate from the elitists here...

Chris Evert on Wozniacki in current issue of Tennis magazine:

"She has the potential. Her strokes could use a bit more power, but she contests well and is smart tactically. She still needs to win a big tournament, but seems ready to break through."

Björn Borg on Wozniacki last year:

"I think one day, with a little more experience, she's going to be one of the best in the world."

Stefan Edberg on Wozniacki last year:

"If she can make the top 10 and stay there for a while, then I think she can take the next step and make it all the way to the top of the rankings."

But what do they know... :lol:

CloudAtlas
May 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM

"She has the potential. Her strokes could use a bit more power, but she contests well and is smart tactically. She still needs to win a big tournament, but seems ready to break through."

"I think one day, with a little more experience, she's going to be one of the best in the world."

"If she can make the top 10 and stay there for a while, then I think she can take the next step and make it all the way to the top of the rankings."

How dare you use the opinions of the expert tennis greats to counter the opinion of the all knowing anonymous WTF posters! :mad:;)

homogenius
May 16th, 2009, 01:33 PM
To be fair, she did hit 20 winners in 22 games today.

To put things in perspective, in the Nadal-Verdasco QF, which lasted 22 games and 2 hours also,

And that's men's tennis.

The problem to me is not the number of winners she can hit (or not, depending of the match)but rather the fact that even her winners are "unattractives".Her groundstrokes are UGLY and her whole game is really uninspired.Her goal is to play the most efficient game possible and to derail her opponent's game, frustrating and forcing them to play shitty tennis.
Her strategy works obviously cause she has the results, but her fans shouldn't be surprised reading the comments on her game imo.

AnnaK_4ever
May 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Wozniacki in straights.
Momo is not able to hit through Caro.

Amelie can't JUST come to the net -- she will be easily passed. And it's VERY hard to get Wozniacki out of position before you come to the net if you don't have aggressive, sharp groundstrokes.
Amelie's forehand sucks, let's be honest. And her backhand... well I think Caro will break it down.

:worship:

The outcome was never in doubt.

Lord Choc Ice
May 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM

I'm not buying. If they were asked about her what were they supposed to say? :shrug:

Lunaris
May 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
OK, I agree her tendency to loop so many FHs, especially on mid-court balls, is annoying - I wish she'd have flattened out some of those today against Amelie, because it seems so passive, but her BH is a definite weapon IMO - DTL and crosscourt. And I like seeing someone play something other than mindless bashing (which is why I also enjoy Amelie, Patty etc.)

And that's men's tennis.
Just wanted to say that real pushers won't make it past club level. Compared to them Wozniacki can be perceived as an offensive player (serve, backhand or even passing shots), but if you compare her to other pro players you can label her as a pusher. It stands out even more considering most of the tour consists of ballbashers.

As for Nadal, it's hard to hit winners against him on clay because he is everywhere.

Dodoboy.
May 16th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Doesn't take away from her achievement :shrug: Both WSs stood in her way when the draw was made, who would have thought she would make the final :)

It didn't take too long for her to prove you wrong ;)

kman
May 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I'm not buying. If they were asked about her what were they supposed to say? :shrug:

Chris Evert wasn't asked. It was part of an article in Tennis magazine where she gave predictions on the winner of French Open 2009.

The other two were asked but if they didn't think she had potential to be the best in the world, they could have simply settled for a lesser compliment.

Here's the interview with Borg so you can see he says it with a straight face...

http://ekstrabladet.tv/sport/article1082497.ece

JazzyJazz
May 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM
And the point of my post is NOT lowering the achivement of reaching a GS final, the point is to prove that nowadays you can reach one with a damn walk-in-the-park draw. What has it to do with the number of GS finals they contested? Absolutely NOTHING.

Not they. YOU. She's talking about how many grand slam matches YOU have played? In addition to that I have a question for all the "experts" out there who are saying what should have happen & how someone games should be improved. Have you EVER been a professional tennis player, or coach? If not then stop trying to telling how a game should be played!

For all those saying Chokomomo you can go f**k yourselves!! Amelie didn't choke she just didn't have the energy or power on her shots today. That's all there is to it. That's not choking it physical. For those "so called" fans saying that there are other things you can do to yourself that I won't say. :fiery: If you want to talk about someone choking talk about Dementieva. At least with this match Amelie had chances to win even in the 2 set. Dementieva just disappeared after the 1 set & never had a chance of winning. So, just stop with the "Chokomomo" bullshit! :fiery: :mad:

As for Amelie fans not giving credit. Just who are these fans who don't give credit? The ones I've read in here I haven't seen on Amelie's forum. So, who are they? From what I've seen on here it's other players fans who are not giving credit. Also, why aren't people giving Amelie some credit for today? I saw how easily Caroline won her other matches while today Amelie almost had a chance to won. No, one else this week has even gotten that close.

Dodoboy.
May 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM

And that's men's tennis.

Very interesting.

Effy
May 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
sad to admit, some Momo fans being so annoying this year :(

The Daviator
May 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Caroline :woohoo: I love it when she wins :devil:

Lord Choc Ice
May 16th, 2009, 01:49 PM

And that's men's tennis.
Nadal's more of a retriever than a pusher, like most of his winners come from passing shots and the like. As for Verdasco, he didn't make many winners because of the fact that Nadal's a retriever.

kman
May 16th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Nadal's more of a retriever than a pusher, like most of his winners come from passing shots and the like. As for Verdasco, he didn't make many winners because of the fact that Nadal's a retriever.

blah, blah, blah :lol:

Slutiana
May 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
"Her determination and intensity from point to point reminds be a little of Nadal."

:spit:

Andrew Laeddis
May 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Caro :woohoo:

Bitter Mauresmo fans :o

FormerlyKnownAs
May 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Nidal1402
How dare you use the opinions of the expert tennis greats to counter the opinion of the all knowing anonymous WTF posters!

Originally Posted by moby

And that's men's tennis.

A 7-6(1) 6-3 win in the semi final of a $4,500,000 Mandatory Premier.
Caroline 20 winners 29 UE
Maueesmo 23 winners 43 UE
From outside the Top 100 to Top 10 Jun 25 2007 (#103) May 18 2009 (#10) 1 year 10 months

And all the haters, deriders and mental moonballers are at it again.
Win or loose its save tennis from Pushniacki etc, if it had been 1999 she would be #111.Too many tournaments. Never make the top 10. Never this or that ETC ETC
She does not play LOUD spectacular tennis, but works very hard and tries to do the best with what she has got.
In Danmark at her age the obvious sport would have been Handball. The support, amount of teams, top players with club and national successes tremendous. Her dad and brother are/were prof footballers .
But decided on tennis and worked at it.
And here she is, live with it.
If tennis is finished because of her, go watch and support Arm Wrestling on Eurosport.

JazzyJazz
May 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Caro :woohoo:

Bitter Mauresmo fans :o

The ones that are most bitter are not really Amelie fans as one poster already pointed out. Some are fans of other player who don't like Caroline. Caroline played well today no, Amelie fan is denying that. It's just we're saying Amelie could have played better. Even those who don't like Amelie have to admit that if Amelie played consistently for the whole match the Caro would have lost.

Shvedbarilescu
May 16th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I've go to say the Wozniacki hate in the forum is getting absurd. Ok, she doesn't have the variety of Mauresmo. She doesn't hit as many winners as most of the girls in the top 10. But reading some of these posts one would thinks she was the second coming of Satan. Quite remarkable that this attractive, amiable 18 year old girl should attract such hostility in so many people.

Sure her game isn't the most exciting in tennis but I can think of a lot worse. It is certainly not anti-tennis. Tennis is about hitting the ball back inside the court. Wozniacki is good at this. I can think of other players who perhaps hit with a bit more flair, imagination and/or power but at least when I watch a Wozniacki match I know she is not going to hit every other ball ten feet long.

That was Wozniacki's 35th win of the year, substantially more than anyone else in the top 20. And yet, while so many other girls on the tour are complaining of tiredness and or being forced to play too much, Caroline is still out there looking as fit and as eager as if it was her first match of the year. And does she get any respect for it? Not a bit. While all the other girls on the touring are dropping like flies and losing in the early rounds of tournaments, Caroline actually gets flak for playing too much and getting wins against easy to beat opponents.

This is Caroline's 12th event of the year, and that doesn't even count Fed Cup, and in 11 of them she has won 2 or more matches. She has no 1st round losses at all. Big deal you say? Perhaps, and yet so many fans complain that we never get to see the top players playing against each other because they are always losing early. But what happens when a player does show some consistancy and fights for every win she can get? In Wozniacki's case, fans say she is only in the top 10 because she plays a lot and takes advantage of weak opponents. Hey guys, if it was so easy to win 35 matches on the tour over the 1st four and a half months of the season, why doesn't everyone do it?

With this win Wozniacki will now go to 5th in the championship race. Fifth. She deserves it too.

Oh and comisserations to Amelie. You know what? Despite this post I actually would have liked to have seen Mauresmo pull this match out. But she still had a very good week and today simply lost to a tougher player.

FrenchY52
May 16th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Amélie :(
Aweful Wozniacki..

The Dawntreader
May 16th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Caroline :woohoo: I love it when she wins :devil:

Why? For aesthetic value?:tape::lol:

The Dawntreader
May 16th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Mauresmo was that bad today:lol:

disco_rage
May 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
This Wozniacki hate is getting out of hand. It's just pathetic.
Caroline played really well today, she was so tough and determined. Hit some amazing shots, some great winners.

JazzyJazz
Only one question from the press conference today...

Madrid Open - Press Conference 16th May

Q: Could you share your thoughts on the match today, please?
A: Well, it was a tight one, a good fight. I came a little bit short physically. I wish I could have had more energy and activity to make the difference out there today. But that’s how it was and she did great. Every time she made me play an extra shot but that’s the way it is. After a busy week for me it’s a little bit frustrating to come up a little bit short physically.

Even Amelie's is saying Caroline played well today. So, all those complaining about her play you can stop bitching.

(I doubt will that happen. Bitching seems to be the national pastime on this board. :help:)

FormerlyKnownAs
I've go to say the Wozniacki hate in the forum is getting absurd. Ok, she doesn't have the variety of Mauresmo. She doesn't hit as many winners as most of the girls in the top 10. But reading some of these posts one would thinks she was the second coming of Satan. Quite remarkable that this attractive, amiable 18 year old girl should attract such hostility in so many people.

Sure her game isn't the most exciting in tennis but I can think of a lot worse. It is certainly not anti-tennis. Tennis is about hitting the ball back inside the court. Wozniacki is good at this. I can think of other players who perhaps hit with a bit more flair, imagination and/or power but at least when I watch a Wozniacki match I know she is not going to hit every other ball ten feet long.

That was Wozniacki's 35th win of the year, substantially more than anyone else in the top 20. And yet, while so many other girls on the tour are complaining of tiredness and or being forced to play too much, Caroline is still out there looking as fit and as eager as if it was her first match of the year. And does she get any respect for it? Not a bit. While all the other girls on the touring are dropping like flies and losing in the early rounds of tournaments, Caroline gets actually gets flak for playing too much and getting wins against easy to beat opponents.

This is Caroline's 12th event of the year, and that doesn't even count Fed Cup, and in 11 of them she has won 2 or more matches. She has no 1st round losses at all. Big deal you say? Perhaps, and yet so many fans complain that we never get to see the top players playing against each other because they are aways losing early. But what happens when a player does show some consistancy and fights for every win she can get? In Wozniacki's case, fans say she is only in the top 10 because she plays a lot and takes advantage of weak opponents. Hey guys, if it was so easy to win 35 matches on the tour over the 1st four and a half months of the season, why doesn't everyone do it?

With this win Wozniacki will now go to 5th in the championship race. Fifth. She deserves it too.

Oh and comisserations to Amelie. You know what? Despite this post I actually would have liked to have seen Mauresmo pull this match out. But she still had a very good week and today simply lost to a tougher player.
Finally someone who would have liked Carolines opponent to win, and can still write an eloquent, well reasoned post about why she should have praise for all her hard work. :worship:
Could it be he is actually watching and interested in tennis.?:worship:

The Daviator
May 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Why? For aesthetic value?:tape::lol:

Because of the ridiculous conceit that players who hit 5839 errors are somehow 'good' players as long as they throw in a load of winners, the aim of tennis is to win by any means within the rules, Caro's has been very effective so why should she stop, she's taking names, making her $$$s and climbing up and up in the rankings, so I give her nothing but credit :)

Calliope.
May 16th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Caro :woohoo: :hearts: Good luck in the final!! :kiss:

The Daviator
May 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Ahem, she beat a certain Queen en route as far as I recall :p

thrust
May 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Yeah, but she WON! Give the girl a break. She has plenty of time to improve, whereas, Amelie does not.

The Dawntreader
May 16th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Because of the ridiculous conceit that players who hit 5839 errors are somehow 'good' players as long as they throw in a load of winners, the aim of tennis is to win by any means within the rules, Caro's has been very effective so why should she stop, she's taking names, making her $$$s and climbing up and up in the rankings, so I give her nothing but credit :)

Ok.

Takes all sorts though:lol:

H.A.M.
May 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Oh come on, Venus is always a steaming mess in Melbourne:o

AnnaK_4ever
May 16th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Caroline 20 winners 29 UE
Maueesmo 23 winners 43 UE

never in doubt

H.A.M.
May 16th, 2009, 02:43 PM

Yeah because Mauresmo is the most offensive player herself (bar grass). Talk about double standards. You need to lay the hatorade down.

Is it possible to have some NORMAL conversations in here without all the whining. God

Matt01
May 16th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Ah, come on, Venus on anything but grass is as good as a walkover :p ;)

:devil:

FoxyliciousKhat
May 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM
WTG CARO!!!!

Quite frankly I find it hilarious that JJ fans are calling Caro nothing but a pusher, sort of like the pot calling the kettle black.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Foxy

Matt01
May 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
never in doubt

So you are giving Caro credit for her 20 winners this time? :rolleyes:

AnnaK_4ever
May 16th, 2009, 02:48 PM
WTG CARO!!!!

Quite frankly I find it hilarious that JJ fans are calling Caro nothing but a pusher, sort of like the pot calling the kettle black.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Foxy

Next to Wozniacki JJ looks like a ballbasher.

M.P
May 16th, 2009, 02:48 PM
:woohoo:
Female Nadal is coming!!
WD Caro...Nad Jie now 15 =))))

Marionated
May 16th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Actually, I think Ame hit 48 errors. Jelena isn't a pusher, though I can't say I'm suprised at this poster :o

FoxyliciousKhat
May 16th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Next to Wozniacki JJ looks like a ballbasher.

ROFL!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOTT!!!

Of course I disagree but I'm not even going to argue about this.

Foxy

FormerlyKnownAs
May 16th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Actually, I think Ame hit 48 errors. Jelena isn't a pusher, though I can't say I'm suprised at this poster :o
Your right I read my scribbled 48 as 43.
Must learn to rite probley.:devil:

V-MAC
May 16th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Ah, come on, Venus on anything but grass is as good as a walkover :p ;)

:devil:

His first comment in a results thread concerning Amelie and Caroline is about.........Venus. What a surprise:lol::o

Anyway, congrats Caroline

homogenius
May 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM

That was Wozniacki's 35th win of the year, substantially more than anyone else in the top 20. And yet, while so many other girls on the tour are complaining of tiredness and or being forced to play too much, Caroline is still out there looking as fit and as eager as if it was her first match of the year. And does she get any respect for it? Not a bit. While all the other girls on the touring are dropping like flies and losing in the early rounds of tournaments, Caroline actually gets flak for playing too much and getting wins against easy to beat opponents.

This is Caroline's 12th event of the year, and that doesn't even count Fed Cup, and in 11 of them she has won 2 or more matches. She has no 1st round losses at all. Big deal you say? Perhaps, and yet so many fans complain that we never get to see the top players playing against each other because they are always losing early. But what happens when a player does show some consistancy and fights for every win she can get? In Wozniacki's case, fans say she is only in the top 10 because she plays a lot and takes advantage of weak opponents. Hey guys, if it was so easy to win 35 matches on the tour over the 1st four and a half months of the season, why doesn't everyone do it?

Surely you're right about her not getting enough credit for her hard work, dedication and achievements the past few months.I also think that like all the successfull players at one point, part of the "hate" is due to biterness etc...

That being said, there's more or less a consensus on what people feel watching her play (bar her fans of course).
Personally, while I generally prefer players who are able to keep the ball in play for more than two strokes and construct points, I must admit there's something in her game that makes it really painfull/boring/frustrating to watch (especially on clay).Honestly, I can't think of another top10 players with an ugliest technique, and her game generally brings down the quality of a match cause it slowly makes the other player play like shit.Plus I don't see the "intensity of Nadal", like said in this thread.Sure the girl fights and is focus but come on...

I do think she's kinda "anti-tennis" in a way.People watching matches want to be entertained.Sometimes, even Vaidisova on a bad day would be more entertaining (at least she makes you laugh).

Dodoboy.
May 16th, 2009, 03:06 PM
If Caro is able to beat either WS this year, it'll be interesting to see how the forum reacts to this. Particularly their respective fanbases!

We'd have to shut the site down :unsure:

Sammm
May 16th, 2009, 03:07 PM

:worship: :bowdown:

Amelie, tough loss :hug: A year ago a lot of Amelie fans would have been overjoyed at a result like this. Expectations have risen again :)
Caro, well done :bounce:

CloudAtlas
May 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
This Wozniacki hate is getting out of hand. It's just pathetic.
Caroline played really well today, she was so tough and determined. Hit some amazing shots, some great winners.

I agree. It's quite pathetic to be honest although sitting behind a computer screen anonyously on the internet bitching about someone successful for the most pathetic of reasons does have a touch of irony to it.

Emina.
May 16th, 2009, 03:21 PM
oh no...momi :sad::sad: :hug:

well done Caro :)

cn ireland
May 16th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Congrats Caro:bounce:!

Good luck in the final:yeah:!

gmak
May 16th, 2009, 03:29 PM
amelie :sad: :( had her chances in the first
good tourney overall

caro :D :)

kman
May 16th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I do think she's kinda "anti-tennis" in a way.People watching matches want to be entertained.Sometimes, even Vaidisova on a bad day would be more entertaining (at least she makes you laugh).

Personally, I only starting watching women's tennis again because of Caroline. Women's tennis in general is one of the least entertaining things to watch in the world so people bitching about Caroline being boring in a game that is almost per definition boring is just funny to me. If they care so much about entertainment value, they shouldn't be watching in the first place. If it's because they love the sport, they should just accept the fact that she's being succesful within the rules of the game, and if they think it's boring they should hate the game, not the player :wavey:

Derek.
May 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Wow, Caro! :banana:

Great win! :hearts:

Andreas
May 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Amelie's cheering is annoying too. Especially when playing in front of a home crowd :o

Caroline is so talented. Having a Danish girl in top 10 :hearts:
Good luck against Safina, win your biggest tournament :D

Andreas
May 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM

I need to spread rep, but this is a really great post :yeah:

Craig.
May 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Don't like Woz, but the hate here is pathetic.

Win the title now.

Orbis
May 16th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Huh? Considering the amount of shit Wozniacki takes for being a "pusher", I'm surprised Mauresmo only hit 3 more winners than her.

bobbynorwich
May 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM
If Caro is such a bad player, horrible pusher.....what does that say about all the opponents she beat in 2 sets this week??

Blame it on her opponents who weren't even close to beat her:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's so true. What does it say about a versatile and supposedly superior player if she can't win against a pusher who takes few chances and makes few winners? If a player can win just by being a human backboard, which isn't so easy to do, then all credit to her.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_racquet.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 16th, 2009, 04:11 PM

All of them never give a bad opinion about any particular player :shrug:

I have even read good opinions on Massu´s game from tennis legends in the chilean press and we all know that his game sucks , one the worst in the world of tennis , actually

kman
May 16th, 2009, 04:18 PM

I have even read good opinions on Massu´s game from tennis legends in the chilean press and we all know that his game sucks , one the worst in the world of tennis , actually

Point me to examples of the likes of Borg and Edberg saying Massu has potential to become one of the best in the world.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 16th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Point me to examples of the likes of Borg and Edberg saying Massu has potential to become one of the best in the world.

That, or you're talking out of your ass as far as I'm concerned.

Not potential to become number one but opinions respecting his shitty game :tape: (Nadal , even Federer) in chilean press.

I would respect the opinion coming from a honest person , like Nastase. Evert , Borg and Edberg are too diplomatics

terjw
May 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM
WD Caro. I'd be soo pleased if she won the final. Dinara will be her hardest match I'm sure though.

Personally, I only starting watching women's tennis again because of Caroline. Women's tennis in general is one of the least entertaining things to watch in the world so people bitching about Caroline being boring in a game that is almost per definition boring is just funny to me. If they care so much about entertainment value, they shouldn't be watching in the first place. If it's because they love the sport, they should just accept the fact that she's being succesful within the rules of the game, and if they think it's boring they should hate the game, not the player :wavey:

You know if ppl don't like her game - that's fair enough. But when they go on and on about it and in a thread about her match which she won to make the finals of a premier mandatory - it's a bit much. I didn't see the match - but I enjoy watching her. She rarely loses in situations where a player starts to self destruct and nearly always beats players ranked below her now. And she's just really tough to beat and I like that in her character and I like watching it.

And as for this thing about "Come On" on her opponent's error - I always see these things by players not really directed as a well done to her or cheering her opponent's mistake - but trying to motivate herself for the next point.

First time I saw Caro was when I went to Eastbourne last year and she played Sveta who was reckoned to be way way better - and Caro won. I kept thinking - shell get nervous and choke when she's nearly there like what happens so often when a top player is down. But she didn't and she won. And there's just hard work, joy and nothing pretentious about her. Mentally Caro was just cleverer and tougher in that match and I enjoyed it even though she didn't go for glorious winners that would probably have lost her the match.

Shvedbarilescu
May 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM

Show some respect to the man who has given your country the only two GOLD medals in it's history. :tape:

You really should be ashamed of yourself.

COSAT
May 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM
amelie :sad:

danieln1
May 16th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Caro moonballed a lot, sometimes it was just ridiculous, I think amelie was pissed at this... this is certainly uncalled for, since she has a great backhand and a solid forehand... Now just beat tired Safina tomorrow!!!

Anyway, awesome tournament for Amelie, i was happy!!!!

*JR*
May 16th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Oh no :sobbing: Momo :hysteric: thought you'd win this :crying2:

Well done Caro, but I'll be cheering for Patty if she comes through Dinara (she won't :sobbing:) and no one if Dinara comes through. :sobbing:
Err, not a good day for players who live in SUI. ;)

InsideOut.
May 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Err, not a good day for players who live in SUI. ;)

Ew, you have Sarah Palin in your avie. :( I wanna vomit. :o

SUI :sobbing:

G1Player2
May 16th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Go Caroline. Easily becoming one of my most favorite players. Why are the player's I like constantly hated on with bitterness, hostility and jealousy? :lol: CARO!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

madlove
May 16th, 2009, 06:20 PM
i would've thought amelie would win but oh well.. her time has passed.

JazzyJazz
May 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM
i would've thought amelie would win but oh well.. her time has passed.

Why? Because you say it's passed. As Amelie showed in Paris, Miami, & here as long as she's not injured then she can win or go deep in any tournament or any surface. Leave Amelie alone to decide when to retire. I think it's great that one world class athlete is playing just for the fun of it now. She enjoying being out there on the court now & she should be commended for it not told to retire.

Matt01
May 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
His first comment in a results thread concerning Amelie and Caroline is about.........Venus. What a surprise:lol::o

Why do you care so much about me and my posts? Nothing better to do? And I was not the one who brought overrated Venus into this thread. :rolleyes:

Inger67
May 16th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Congrats Caro :) Hopefully she'll win the title. But even if she does that, it still won't shut any of the haters up. The ignorance on this board. :rolleyes:

Ryan
May 16th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Not potential to become number one but opinions respecting his shitty game :tape: (Nadal , even Federer) in chilean press.

I would respect the opinion coming from a honest person , like Nastase. Evert , Borg and Edberg are too diplomatics

You probably know the least about tennis of anyone I know. :p

Melly Flew Us
May 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
gosh, i wondered why there were so many pages for an amelie match.

i cannot understand why there is such a dislike of wozniaki - she gets the job done and wins; what is the problem?

partbrit
May 16th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I didn't see the first set--just the tiebreak and the second set. But--from what I saw--Wozniacki didn't have to do much of anything but watch Amelie go to pieces. What the hell was that about?

LindsayRulz
May 16th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Amélie :sad:

Weemee
May 16th, 2009, 07:52 PM
The ones that are most bitter are not really Amelie fans as one poster already pointed out. Some are fans of other player who don't like Caroline. Caroline played well today no, Amelie fan is denying that. It's just we're saying Amelie could have played better. Even those who don't like Amelie have to admit that if Amelie played consistently for the whole match the Caro would have lost.

Aye!!!!!

Congrats to Caro for holding it together, a solid safe performance.

Amélie needs some Irn Bru to give her some extra fizz for those long points...onwards and upwards :)

Slutiana
May 16th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I didn't see the first set--just the tiebreak and the second set. But--from what I saw--Wozniacki didn't have to do much of anything but watch Amelie go to pieces. What the hell was that about?
Why the suprise? Thats all she ever does?

starin
May 16th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Great job Caro :worship:
tough luck Mauresmo!! :hug:

partbrit
May 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM

I know. That's how she got to the semifinals, and how she won Paris.

Ciarán
May 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Amélie :(

Jorn
May 16th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Good win Caro! :)

But Mauresmo played a bad match, stayed on the base line too much, where she should attack at the net, but lucky for Caroline! ;)

That last serve game was exciting where Caro saved 3 bps! :)

pav
May 16th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Funny world isnt it? No way this useless pusher had any weapons to beat the mighty Armadillo, but once again the most abused girl who has ever had the cheek to pick up a racquet has done the sinful thing again, broke the law and won a match! naughty Caro!!

V-MAC
May 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Why do you care so much about me and my posts? Nothing better to do? And I was not the one who brought overrated Venus into this thread. :rolleyes:

How many altercations have you had with a certain fanbase already today? Not looking good for you my friend:sad:

Matt01
May 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
How many altercations have you had with a certain fanbase already today? Not looking good for you my friend:sad:

You're not my friend, you're my stalker :scared:

C. W. Fields
May 16th, 2009, 09:49 PM

As many as Safina! ;)

Kitten63
May 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Congrats Caro!
Great week Amelie.

darkangel23
May 16th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Caroline :worship:

Sapphisto
May 16th, 2009, 11:25 PM
:confused: Sorry to see so many hatorade posts coming from all directions. Even sorrier to see that the worst appear to come from people who aren't fans of either Momo or the Woz.

Aye!!!!!

Congrats to Caro for holding it together, a solid safe performance.

Amélie needs some Irn Bru to give her some extra fizz for those long points...onwards and upwards :)

Irn Bru!!!! :haha::haha::haha: Damn, that brings back memories...

:rolleyes: Now that's just silly.

:lol::worship: Exactly.

Credit where credit is due, folks. Everybody chill. :cool:

AmeDevotee
May 17th, 2009, 12:04 AM
:confused: Sorry to see so many hatorade posts coming from all directions. Even sorrier to see that the worst appear to come from people who aren't fans of either Momo or the Woz.

Irn Bru!!!! :haha::haha::haha: Damn, that brings back memories...

:rolleyes: Now that's just silly.

:lol::worship: Exactly.

Credit where credit is due, folks. Everybody chill. :cool:

Exactly. This thread has been hijacked by haters. :(

I'm not a fan of Caroline, but she was more consistent than Amelie today and therefore deserved to win. :)

Amelie: :hug: Still a great week; now rest up for RG. :yeah:

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Poor Amelie!! :sad: Only Dina can save the WTA tomorrow!!

Weemee
May 17th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Ah.......*^^@ Sapph and AmeDevotee* the voices of reason and giving credit where credit is due....there's your true fans people, just like Amélie, fair, balanced and showing respect and humilty in defeat !!

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Im talking about Wozniacki....

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 09:46 AM
If Caro is able to beat either WS this year, it'll be interesting to see how the forum reacts to this. Particularly their respective fanbases!

We'd have to shut the site down :unsure:

A dont think anyone hates her, so stop crying wolf.

Im not arguing that her game isnt effective, but if this is the so-called future of the WTA, then this panic sure is warrented.

Tennis Ball
May 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Funny how Amelie has the same service motion of Justine now.

Renalicious
May 17th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Well done Caro. :)

Viktymise
May 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Women's tennis in general is one of the least entertaining things to watch in the world so people bitching about Caroline being boring in a game that is almost per definition boring is just funny to me. If they care so much about entertainment value, they shouldn't be watching in the first place. If it's because they love the sport, they should just accept the fact that she's being succesful within the rules of the game, and if they think it's boring they should hate the game, not the player :wavey:

:lol:

The ultimate contradiction.

rucolo
May 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Nice win, Caroline!:banana:

Extremely satisfying.:D:woohoo:

Great tournament, Caroline!:yeah::hearts:

Alex03Maccy
May 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM
unlucky momo, beaten by a stupid pusher :(. good luck at roland garros.

Corswandt
May 17th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Expected result.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=15651830&postcount=85 (last line)

There's a chance that funds will be moved to betting sites within the next few weeks and that "expected result" becomes "expected earnings". But I digress.

This reminded me of WTA clay matches of about 15 years ago: lots of moonballing, zero pace, yet nobody could keep the ball in the court. Messy and dull, too many framed shots (people who claim women's tennis before the Big Gun Revolution was awesome are bonkers).

Mauresmo's forward movement is clearly not what it once was, and that limited her options against a player who can be quite good at hitting passing shots due to her agility and reflexes. FH was off, which since 2006 happens more often than not. Several completely botched BHs off Wozniacki's moonballs as well. :

Wozniacki was her usual self. :zzz: