May 16th, 2009, 08:03 AM
martina great stats :worship::worship:

hingis / v williams : 11/10
hingis / s williams : 7/6

34 matchs = 17 williams sisters wins , 17 martina hingis wins

new-york
May 16th, 2009, 08:05 AM
is that the randomest thread ever.

yeah, she did well against them, especially vs Venus.

Jizynovic
May 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
eww...
is she that good?

desariofan
May 16th, 2009, 09:38 AM

that doesn't add up.. you mean 18 hingis, and 16 williamses??

Watching
May 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Serena leads hingis 7-6 no?

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 16th, 2009, 10:03 AM

lol yep.

But it was a mistake by the thread starter as he/she got the 17-17 right.

volta
May 16th, 2009, 10:03 AM

she does

TennisViewer531
May 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM

It should be 18 - 16...

anyway the sisters could have a chance to even things up if not for Martina's suspension.. :tape:

madlove
May 16th, 2009, 10:54 AM
random. but i do miss hingis.

Bezz
May 16th, 2009, 10:56 AM
It should be 18 - 16...

anyway the sisters could have a chance to even things up if not for Martina's suspension.. :tape:

You say that but the fact martina played venus twice when she returned to tennis and split the meetings 1 each makes me think they would be pretty even till the day they both retired. It was a shame she didnt play serena just one more time....all of there matches were great :cool:

barmaid
May 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
You say that but the fact martina played venus twice when she returned to tennis and split the meetings 1 each makes me think they would be pretty even till the day they both retired. It was a shame she didnt play serena just one more time....all of there matches were great :cool:

Yes, bottom line is they were all great!!:worship: Really miss those personality charged and exciting contests!:hearts:

Barmaid:wavey:

GracefulVenus
May 16th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Thier matches are the reason I began playing and watching tennis. :worship:

CaptnMatt
May 16th, 2009, 03:40 PM
no matter what anyone says, anyone does or whoever plays tennis from now...

Nothing will ever compare to the Hingis/Williams Sisters rivalry....

there have been other great rivalries since and there will be again....but not one of them will ever live up to the class and charisma that these matches displayed.

If you could put yourself back on that U.S Open court in the semi-finals of 2000 (hingis/venus).....i have never EVER felt tension like it from watching a match.....never ever.

CoolDude7
May 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Good to see that the william sisters are being recognized as the measuring stick for all great champions in their era. Martina no doubt, has earned her place in the champions corner in that regard.

Knizzle
May 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
You say that but the fact martina played venus twice when she returned to tennis and split the meetings 1 each makes me think they would be pretty even till the day they both retired. It was a shame she didnt play serena just one more time....all of there matches were great :cool:BEZZ! :wavey: Back for the return of your "fat cow" Kim Clijsters eh? (the fat cow reference is a private joke for Bezz)

Chunchun
May 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM

How great is Martina!
She is also greater in amount of Cocaine taken.

petkoan
May 16th, 2009, 07:05 PM
How great is Martina!
She is also greater in amount of Cocaine taken.

You little smart Chinesе guy :worship:. How on earth do you know what amount of cocaine she has taken when you live in a country where youtube is banned etc. :help:

moon
May 17th, 2009, 01:54 AM
:rolleyes: the only reason Hingis has the lead is because she had the edge early in their careers.
Thank goodness Venus turned that around.

LightWarrior
May 17th, 2009, 02:03 AM
:rolleyes: the only reason Hingis has the lead is because she had the edge early in their careers.

No that's not a reason. Very early in her career Serena won the '99 US Open against Hingis.

moon
May 17th, 2009, 03:45 AM
No that's not a reason. Very early in her career Serena won the '99 US Open against Hingis.
oops, silly me. I was actually talking about Venus :p

Chunchun
May 17th, 2009, 03:58 AM
You little smart Chinesе guy :worship:. How on earth do you know what amount of cocaine she has taken when you live in a country where youtube is banned etc. :help:

little? We can :explode: your little country anytime if we want to

franny
May 17th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I always loved the matches between them. The Australian Open 2001, US Open 1999 and 2000, and tons of other tight three setters between them. Wonderful rivalry between wonderful personalities of the sport. Best part was the mutual respect that existed between the three. Of course it wasn't always that way, but the respect developed as the players matured.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
no matter what anyone says, anyone does or whoever plays tennis from now...

Nothing will ever compare to the Hingis/Williams Sisters rivalry....

there have been other great rivalries since and there will be again....but not one of them will ever live up to the class and charisma that these matches displayed.

If you could put yourself back on that U.S Open court in the semi-finals of 2000 (hingis/venus).....i have never EVER felt tension like it from watching a match.....never ever.

Well, I can name a lot of rivalries that I've liked since 1971, but I must say that I was pissed when Hingis beat Venus in an early "come back" match in 2006. As I recall, Venus was killing her, then Hingis -- the maggot -- came back and won! Acck.

My fav Hingis rivarly was with Steffi Graf. What a rude little brat Hingis was towards Stef. It was sweet revenge that Stef shut her up at the 1999 FO.

Matt01
May 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Thank goodness Venus turned that around.

Hingis won their most recent match :wavey: